Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: New Friends, Same Jersey

• Start Topic

When Melissa throws a 1980s-inspired roller-skating party, Teresa takes the opportunity to mend fences with Margaret, not her brother; while Dolores draws boundaries with Frank and her new man, Jennifer struggles to move forward from past offenses.

Airdate: 02.07.2023

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I am really shook, for what ever reason my Bravo channel has decided to black out or go on strike! I have Roku/Hulu and all the other channels are fine but Bravo, is this a nationwide thing or just me? Is anyone else having problems, did Teresa do a pre season table flip that landed on some wires or something? Anyone?

False alarm, it came back, all is right with the world.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 3
  • LOL 15
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am really shook, for what ever reason my Bravo channel has decided to black out or go on strike! I have Roku/Hulu and all the other channels are fine but Bravo, is this a nationwide thing or just me? Is anyone else having problems, did Teresa do a pre season table flip that landed on some wires or something? Anyone?

False alarm, it came back, all is right with the world.

Thank goodness!  I can't wait to see the show tonight and snark about it with you and everyone afterwards! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Teresa wants yet another apology from Marge...she apologized twenty times at the last reunion, Marge should give Teresa the same sort of apology Teresa gave last season, an apology to everyone in the group.

I don't like the new blonde woman or her kids. I will not change my mind.

Teresa is dumb and Louis continues to have caveman ways of thinking, according to him everyone is insecure.

When anyone says the words, "moving forward," we know that will never happen.

What did Delores say to Jenn that made Jenn mad?

Marge and Joe go to Teresa's house and sit outside, it would be great if someone was pushed into the pool.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 8
  • LOL 6
26 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

these women come out the gate with the Petty and I kind of missed it :) 

like all their fights are super high school basically and passive aggressive .. 

it is so petty and I’m enjoying it so far.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

she gives me very VH1 mob wives I have to love her I just ... there is something about her lol 

5 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

it is so petty and I’m enjoying it so far.

cause it knows what it is .. LOL just get them in a room and let them go .. its like if Mean girls moved into adult hood and that works for this franchise so well .. 

Teressa is a freaking IDIOT lol 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 13

I broke two toes and never got a boot up to my knee and the knee scooter, Jenn must have paid extra so for that to get sympathy and attention, I had to break my ankle and part of foot to get the big boot but no scooter.

Teresa does not know what a fluffer is? 

• Like 16
  • LOL 1

let me just say now How I entered this season with such wide eyed optimism and joy for this season ....(so at the end of this season when I have posted my 900th rant about something one of them has done I can at least remember there was hope of a bright future 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

she gives me very VH1 mob wives I have to love her I just ... there is something about her lol 

I did not watch that show more than a couple of episodes so I don't share the love for that personality type...New Blonde Girl (to be referred to as NBG until I learn her name), came in too hot for my taste and so did her kids, precocious is not always adorable.

13 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

What is up with Jen's hair? It looks like one of her kids cut a chunk out while she was sleeping. Or did she do her own extensions?

Jenn's hair looked like shit which is unusual for her, maybe Bill was having an affair with her hair person and Jenn fired her?

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Wow....so much of so much! 

Are we going to be watching two versions of one show?  Definite lines in the sand have been drawn (more like scribed into concrete), but there are so many crossovers.  

Dolores and Jen are both friends of Teresa, but they are not speaking to each other and seemingly can't stand one another.

Margaret is making peace with Teresa, but is a friend of Melissa.  How long before Melissa or Teresa force Margaret to make a choice?

How is this all going to play out? 

The new girls:

Danielle - she's loud and obnoxious-a blend of everything that New Jersey and Staten Island gets bashed for.  It seems like she's really trying very hard to come in hot and heavy.  We'll see.

Rachel - Not sure about her.  I'm not a big fan, yet.  Did the same plastic surgeon do her and Jennifer's noses?  

Margaret's "friend of" (I can't remember her name) - She seems to be flitting around and barging in wherever there's a camera.  I can see why she is only a "friend of" - she must have annoyed the shit out of the producers and camera guys.

I thought the little bit we did see of Jackie, she looked good.  She's put on a little bit of weight and seemed healthy looking.  Good for her! 

That calendar?  Dolores would have been better off doing another softball game - I don't think the calendars are going to be making much money for Maimonides.  Except for her son, none of those guys looked like beefcake calendar material.  They all look great for their ages, but they also look better with clothes on.  They would have looked sexier in well cut suits or tuxedos.

I've always liked Frank Sr., but he came across like a real asshole tonight.  He's completely jealous of Dolores' new relationship.  He wants to have her available to him at all times - he can be in a relationship, but he doesn't want her to be.  He's acting like a scumbag. 

Lastly, I wish these women would keep their breasts to themselves.  I am tired of seeing almost every square inch of their breasts all the time - in their talking head outfits, in their going out outfits, in their staying home outfits - enough is enough already!  Just because you bought them, doesn't mean to you need to show them off to everyone.

Off the show topic, and on WWHL - Dolores is on, and she is without extensions and her hair is completely straight.  She looks like a different person.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 21
8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Rachel - Not sure about her.  I'm not a big fan, yet.  Did the same plastic surgeon do her and Jennifer's noses?  

I wondered the same thing. Rachel went for the Mini Bob Hope.

She reminds me of Angie K from SLC

That calendar?  Dolores would have been better off doing another softball game - I don't think the calendars are going to be making much money for Maimonides.  Except for her son, none of those guys looked like beefcake calendar material.  They all look great for their ages, but they also look better with clothes on.  They would have looked sexier in well cut suits or tuxedos.

Who, exactly, does she think is going to buy these?

I've always liked Frank Sr., but he came across like a real asshole tonight.  He's completely jealous of Dolores' new relationship.  He wants to have her available to him at all times - he can be in a relationship, but he doesn't want her to be.  He's acting like a scumbag

He is a scumbag

Lastly, I wish these women would keep their breasts to themselves.  I am tired of seeing almost every square inch of their breasts all the time - in their talking head outfits, in their going out outfits, in their staying home outfits - enough is enough already!  Just because you bought them, doesn't mean to you need to show them off to everyone

Agreed! There should be a ban on ultra-low-cut-down-to-the-navel necklines, and whatever that cut-out thing Teresa is wearing in her talking head.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

He is a scumbag

I should edit my post to say that I know Frank Sr. is/was a scumbag, but he made me laugh much more than any of the other clowns that call themselves "NJ husbands".  At times, I thought he was becoming a better person than he was pre-RHONJ, but I think we will see the real Frank, Sr. persona this season, and it won't be pretty, or funny.

I don't know about this new guy Dolores is dating, but Dolores seems like a basically nice person who deserves to find happiness with a great guy.  

41 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I wondered the same thing. Rachel went for the Mini Bob Hope.

She reminds me of Angie K from SLC

YES!!!!  I was trying to figure out who she reminded me of - you got it!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 13
45 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Agreed! There should be a ban on ultra-low-cut-down-to-the-navel necklines, and whatever that cut-out thing Teresa is wearing in her talking head.

I don't know if you remember when RHOC first started, but the women all wore those "SKY" brand tops - different style halter tops with embellishments and jeweled brooch-like things sewn on.  The tops were kind of low cut.  Compared to what these women are wearing now, those tops looked like a nun's habit.

Teresa should have checked herself out in a mirror before choosing that outfit.  She's pretty fit, but there are slight rolls hanging out on the sides.  Plus, the neon color and the furniture stain looking spraytan - it's an ovreall really, really, really bad look! 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

So far I’m liking it. Jackie being completely cut out is amazing too lol.

The new blonde girl and her husband who she is so obsessed with? I get weird vibes. I have no reason for this but I could see them being one of those couples that a lot of shady stuff comes out about them. Just a vibe I get. She seems to be trying too hard about him.

The guy who was dressed up as a lumberjack at the shoot has the weirdest beard. It almost looks fake.

Teresa and Joe drama still does keep me entertained after all these years but it is sad they can’t and probably never will get it together as family.

Louis sure loves to control. He looked like a doofus in his pictures lol. He almost comes across as nice sometimes.

Barely any Evan too? Yay! Lol.

I kind of forgot why Jen and Dolores were even mad at each other and I didn’t know it was this big fight. I was a bit confused at first.

The new gal who is Margaret’s friend always seems so unimpressed with everyone lol.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

Ok wait, one of the new wives (Danielle?) is connected to the group because her stepmom was married to one of Caroline Manzo’s brothers?  Did I hear that right?

If I recall correctly there were something like a dozen siblings...right???...but aside from Dina, Caroline, a brother and one or two sisters I can't remember any others being on the show.  

So far we're back to the same recipe.  Same old shit stirring Margaret, same old perennial victims Joe Gorge and Melissa, same old dumb Teresa, same old newly sculpted Dolores, same old scrappy Jen, same old newcomers looking to make their mark.  It's so regular it's damn near comforting.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She's trying way too hard to be another Teresa.  Calm down girl. (Her, not you Baltimore Betty.)  It's nice for her to think so highly of her family, but her kids aren't the cutest I've seen.  And why are they putting gel in their son's hair?  They need to let it grow over those ears of his.  

Edited by swankie
Punctuation
  • Like 9
  • LOL 3

I’m glad Jackie was demoted but it was still a little too much of her. Why did  I catch a glimpse of Tiki and his wife? Weren’t they embarrassed they were completely cut out of the reunion?

I don’t know why Joe Gorga is that upset about Melissa not being asked to be in his 50 year old sisters wedding. I’m not a fan of being in wedding parties and can imagine what a pain in the ass this one would be. I think it would be much more fun to attend. However, I’m sure Joe and Melissa want to be part of the Bravo production more so than anything else so Joe’s going to act like a jerk about it.

I like that Teresa invited Margaret over for cheese and crackers and not charcuterie. It’s time to start saying cheese and crackers again. Other than that I don’t really buy that they are made up.

I think I could live without the newbies but as long as it means less Jackie, welcome aboard!

Jens outrage at Delores is already old. Why come into the new season with a fight people barely remember?  

• Like 19
6 hours ago, Marley said:

So far I’m liking it. Jackie being completely cut out is amazing too lol.

The new blonde girl and her husband who she is so obsessed with? I get weird vibes. I have no reason for this but I could see them being one of those couples that a lot of shady stuff comes out about them. Just a vibe I get. She seems to be trying too hard about him.

The guy who was dressed up as a lumberjack at the shoot has the weirdest beard. It almost looks fake.

Teresa and Joe drama still does keep me entertained after all these years but it is sad they can’t and probably never will get it together as family.

Louis sure loves to control. He looked like a doofus in his pictures lol. He almost comes across as nice sometimes.

Barely any Evan too? Yay! Lol.

I kind of forgot why Jen and Dolores were even mad at each other and I didn’t know it was this big fight. I was a bit confused at first.

The new gal who is Margaret’s friend always seems so unimpressed with everyone lol.

I am so hoping that NBG and her husband are shady AF, that is the only way they will be entertaining. Telling us that she is a dictator in her house makes me think that is all in her head and nobody listens to her.  Like the girl that tell you how crazy and wild she is and how much she is to hang out with, you know she isn't

That Beard Guy, (BG), was a model at some time in his life, is that what his Very Forgetable Wife, (VFW), said? 

Yes, Louis does come off as nice/normal sometimes, it confuses me when he has periods of normal, sort of like that girl on Seinfeld that looked hideous in certain lighting and good in other lighting, you just don't know which your gonna get.

I cannot remember why Jenn has such a hard on for Dolores, other than not making eye contact.

Teresa continues with the open mouth, blinking eyes when someone talks to her, like nothing is computing in her tiny brain, that will never get old.

Cheese and crackers or charcuterie as the RHOSLC would call it just may now be mandatory in every scene in NJ.  

Joe and Melissa should have just gone along with whatever, Joe should have just walked down the aisle and Melissa could have worn a cute dress and sat in the audience and both should have realized it was an opportunity to laugh their asses off at the ridiculousness of the wedding because we all know in three years (that is my bet), Teresa and Louis will have a much different relationship.  And yes I believe Louis is a sex addict, Teresa said they have sex five times a day so let's see what happens when she decides three times a day is enough.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm not into the new girls yet but I'm also sick of the Teresa/Joe/Melissa stuff so we'll see if the newbies end up bringing something fresh. What did Teresa say about one girl being connected to Caroline?

Joe snubbing Teresa and Teresa saying "why'd you invite me" in her TH was right out of The Christening. J/M won't go to Teresa's party but will invite her to theirs and Joe immediately had to bitch about Luis' shirt/non costume. Did Joe and Melissa do anything else but talk about Teresa? Oh yeah Melissa claimed Antonia wants to live in a different house for senior year (sure) and how she's gonna drive her brothers to school, though Melissa said they have a Nanny six days a week on a podcast, I think it was Jeff Lewis'. She also told a story about them ordering Antonia to drive her brother somewhere in the snow because it was the Nanny's one day off and Joe and Melissa were tired. They can't be bothered with their own kids and can't have a story without Teresa. 

Evan is the most attractive of the men imo. But I'm sick of the men. It's all done because Andy wants Joe Gorga to have as much air time as possible. 

The clip of Marge wanting to do a memorial for Teresa's Mom seemed manipulative back then to portray herself as wonderful and calculating to be on Teresa's good side. I still feel the same though now Marge sees herself as the star when her stories are butting into other people's stories and skating on having her name always in rumors and supposedly "having information on everyone " The make up definitely won't last long. 

• Like 8
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I broke two toes and never got a boot up to my knee and the knee scooter, Jenn must have paid extra so for that to get sympathy and attention, I had to break my ankle and part of foot to get the big boot but no scooter.

It actually depends on what toe is broken, some are non-weight bearing.

New blonde girl looks like Debbie Gibson, I keep waiting for her to belt out a song. I know I'll likely regret it later but liking her vibe so far. I feel like they introduced 3 or 4 new people, how many actually made it on the cast list?

Joe & Melissa complaining about Teresa again non-stop. She invites to a party, they complain, She doesn't invite them, they complain. She shows up somewhere, they complain, She doesn't, they complain. Broken record. Happy she's in therapy and finally realizing the issue is not just Melissa, but Joe himself. 

She shouldn't have wasted time with Marge, especially seeing her run immediately back to the Gorgas with everything she said. Marge will do anything to insert herself in that drama. Beginning to think that the assistant she drags along to every event is just another set of eyes/ears to get more dirt on the ladies. Did she really call Teresa & her girls biitches?  Nice, Marge is worse than Rinna in my book and that's saying a lot.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

The only thing I want this season is to see all of these women without hair extensions. They look just painfully awful. 

Dolores in particular needs to leave the extensions in the drawer. She is a beautiful woman who is aged and scraggly looking with super long, super fake, super ugly hair.

And Theresa........well, no point in going there !

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Fig Newton said:

The only thing I want this season is to see all of these women without hair extensions. They look just painfully awful. 

Dolores in particular needs to leave the extensions in the drawer. She is a beautiful woman who is aged and scraggly looking with super long, super fake, super ugly hair.

And Theresa........well, no point in going there !

She looked so good last night on WWHL without the extensions and a very sleek modern style.

But I also don't understand how woman who get the extreme plastic surgery with the puffy shiny faces and the duck lips look in the mirror and think they are aesthetically attractive. 

And my god I thought Jen's nose job was terrible but there is a new housewife on the show whose nose compares to her nose as being one of the worst nose jobs I have seen. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Another season of Teresa and Louis sucking the air out of every room they enter.

Speaking of .. Teresa and Louie, I still can’t get a grip on Louie.  I’ve never seen a man so besotted with a woman.  He’s got a past, and Teresa keeps defending him because of things that came out on him.  Is he sincere about loving her, or using her for her money and a tv housewife.  She gave up her whole family and now has a new family .. Louies.  Will she fight with everyone on the show now?  Is Louie really so in love with Teresa, or likes being on tv and all that comes with it?  Does he have his own money or a job presently?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Speaking of .. Teresa and Louie, I still can’t get a grip on Louie.  I’ve never seen a man so besotted with a woman.  He’s got a past, and Teresa keeps defending him because of things that came out on him.  Is he sincere about loving her, or using her for her money and a tv housewife.  She gave up her whole family and now has a new family .. Louies.  Will she fight with everyone on the show now?  Is Louie really so in love with Teresa, or likes being on tv and all that comes with it?  Does he have his own money or a job presently?

I think his job is now is being Teresa's handler.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

She gave up her whole family and now has a new family .. Louies. 

I don't think she gave up her whole family.  The Teresa/Joe dynamic was always going to fall hard once both of their parents were gone. It's not like they had some wonderful stable relationship that Luis has ruined, and I don't like him very much. The toxicity has played out for a decade. The Gorgas haven't spoken to the Wakilies since they parted from the show, despite claiming to be so close for the cameras. They're all a group of Users. And I bet if Teresa and Joe and Melissa are offered to come back next year they will because of the money. When the show is gone then they'll all really be done and I think it was always going to turn out that way.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Teresa does not know what a fluffer is? 

Because she doesn't know what ANYTHING is!  How crazy to be 50 years old & that dumb & inexperienced about EVERYTHING - high & low brow.  And speaking of low-brow, I berate myself for watching Teresa with the lowest hairline on TV (obviously, because there's no need for room in her head for a brain) trying to respond, mouth-open, while the wheels turn.  Hours of my life gone on such nonsense.  And yet, I'm game to try - even though I swear I'm done.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
19 minutes ago, amarante said:

And he will earn every penny. 

As the saying goes, marry for money and you will earn it. 😂😂

I’m sure he will handle the money.  Is that monstrosity his house?  All these show offs seem to have big mortgages.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Frank's girlfriend is a very old looking 33 year old. imo!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this! Not to toot my own horn, but I'm 37 and look younger than her. 

Teresa is still a dingbat. I will say, I'm glad she's in therapy. We can only hope that it helps her. 

I don't have much of an opinion on the new girls so far. The blonde does have a cute husband. The brunette's nose came straight out of Whoville. 

I oddly loved Joe B on the motorcycle 😅

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

A calendar seems so outdated...like the phone book. They'd have to payme to suffer through a long month of looking at lovebomb Louie's soft gut, big roider and Lil roider poppin veins, lumberjacks artsy beard, bills shaved old man chest or new not that hot husbands flashdance watering can display.

Teresa's TH spray tan looks so natural...for an overripe pumpkin on the verge of sprouting mold.

• LOL 10

My guess is that those calendars are going to show up as merch at one of the inevitable Husbands of New Jersey shows those guys seem to love to do between seasons.  

Which one was it with the shady remark directed at Bill in regard to the botched botox one of the new girl's mother had experienced. It apparently wasn't his work but they managed to snarkily work his name into it.  That was an unnecessarily bitchy move.

Am I alone in suspecting that Dolores had her butt inflated more between seasons?  Why does an attractive person decide to turn transform into a gargoyle?  

Edited by ichbin
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Joe immediately had to bitch about Luis' shirt/non costume

That stood out to me too. Not everybody is into dressing in costume. Why did the little bitch have to say anything about it?

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

think his job is now is being Teresa's handler.

Yup. He's going to teach her how to stop yelling, shut up and listen, and fight fair. That's his new role. Good luck with that,  Lou!

Why is Louie's face so red it's almost purple? Too much sun, bad self tanner or what? 

Too much Jennifer. Another one that yells constantly, will not listen to anybody else talk and can never have a calm conversation. 

Why so little Jackie? Is she demoted to a "friend of" now? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Most of the men have ugly faces and bodies which to me aren't particularly attractive as I am not into the Frank type of steroid look.

Evan and the new woman's husband actually have attractive faces and if I am recalling correctly actually have good bodies - i.e. athletic without being bulked out through steroids and pumping heavy iron. To me it is the male equivalent of over filled faces and lips. I just find it aesthetically displeasing.

But the faces - Louie, Paul and Frank are especially unattractive. Shoot me but Gorga actually has a decent Italian face. I mean Pacino and DeNiro have those kinds of Italian male faces and they are not unattractive. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1