Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Trevor’s Body

Neptune
  • Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Starchild said:

You could argue that it's "psychological", that if the ghosts believe that property lines limit their mobility that they are unconsciously creating their own limitations, but that wouldn't explain Hetty being shoved out of the departing car because she didn't know that would happen.

I’m overthinking this show.  Otherwise, there were no property lines when Thor and Sass (possibly Isaac) died, and Hetty’s family probably had more land in the 19th century than the 20th.  I’ll buy your explanation.  
But I have to say, my crush on Jay grows each week.  I think he has the hardest job in the house, and yet he takes everything in stride.

• Like 16
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Pothunter said:

Lovely episode. Only problem was that everyone was saying liaisoned instead of liaised. So many people involved, surely someone could have corrected the usage. 

It was a nails-on-chalkboard moment for me when Pete told Isaac about Jenkins “telling Thor and I” about Christmas Eve.  Grammar counts!

• Like 14
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

I'm not going to re-watch, but I'm pretty sure the first person who said it pronounced it correctly.

Jenkins was the first one, during the opening credits. He said 'liaisoned'. 

39 minutes ago, nora1992 said:

It was a nails-on-chalkboard moment for me when Pete told Isaac about Jenkins “telling Thor and I” about Christmas Eve.  Grammar counts!

This usage is becoming fairly common in TV and film writing, unfortunately. The difference between 'we' and 'us' is fading 😬    

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1

Wow, I never expected to find out that Nigel was such a Ross! We were on a respite! And with his creepy fellow Brit! I was surprised that he wasn't just lying to cause trouble again for Nigel and Isaac, but I am glad that they worked things out really quickly and are moving forward, albeit very slowly. The horny Puritan was hilarious, I would love to see him again. Isaac trying to speak in his usual formal way while screaming was great, as was him furiously calling horny Brit a "son of a bitch!" 

It was nice getting to meet Trevor's parents and that they and Trevor got some closure, even if it turned out to be bittersweet. I knew that Tara Reid was showing up but Trevor's reaction to seeing her was great. What a great bro. Asher Grodman was really great, he has the best facial expressions. I was more surprised to see Nancy than Tara Reid. 

Jay and Sam are truly #couplegoals. He's totally cool with the fact that he will have eight kids for the rest of his life. "Nothing good comes from a long pause." 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Nigel yelling "Respite" as Nigel walked away was really funny. Jay is such a guy on in this episode, can't see anythign happening but is onboard with the parent trap. And Jay's quip about not liking long silences because they are never good, was too funny. Others have mentioned when talking with Sam that she driffs off during their talk but I forget how that would look when she is interacting with the ghosts no one else sees. Then all the ghosts watching Trevor's parents do it was awesome, and I like Hetty saying his mom put on a master class, absolutly wonderful expression on Trevor's face. And the puritan ghost who is a "bad, bad boy now" since he did not make it to heaven and reconsidered his life choices. And the look on Issacs face was too funny. I like that Pete is now venturing out to the shed, seems like he never really left the house in all his years dead. Overall I think this is one of the best episodes of season 2 so far.

• Like 14
On 2/3/2023 at 12:17 PM, TVMovieBuff said:

Asher Grodman reminds me of a 1960s & 70s actor Dick Gautier. Not a twin, feature by feature, but a vibe. He was a doll. 

If they did a 2023 remake of Get Smart, I could see Asher Grodman as the new Hymie! LOL

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
11 minutes ago, Driad said:

Was Trevor's body found, or just his skull? Maybe I missed a line.

I don't know that they said.  I assume that they (the authorities) dragged the lake after human remains were found and recovered the rest of the skeleton.

• Like 13
13 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Tara Reid as Tara Reid

I loved Tara Reid as Tara Reid's commercial for Taco Bell. Especially because everyone seemed excited about the free drink.

I checked and couldn't fine any Trevor drink specials.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3

I rarely laugh out loud while watching TV, but did at least twice during this episode, probably because I have reached the point where I know these likeable characters so well, foibles and all:

• [THOR] Very difficult to build trap big enough to capture both parents.
    But if you succeed, you and small man eat like kings.

And:

• [FLOWER] If these two don't end up together, Trevor will never be born! 

13 hours ago, Skooma said:

Since Bjorn's discovery they have constantly said there is a lot in between and we don't see a house on it as Thorfinn and Bjorn shout back and forth so probably a vacant lot so the Farnsby's could be next door "neighbors" but the properties don't have to be.

4 hours ago, nora1992 said:

What would happen if the 2 properties had the same owners?  If the property lines move, will the range increase?

Thoughts inspired by insomnia…..

Sounds like a potentially fun episode.
Like maybe the Thor gets an idea from watching HGTV of having a community right-of-way created for some reason or other.
It may or may not work in the end.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

You know I would love an episode which maybe shows that Finance Bro intern, that was being hazed and the reason Trevor is not wearing any pants, to show up at the mansion with his own college age son (perhaps named Trevor?) to talk about how to realy be a friend and the fact that he have never forgotten what Trevor did for him. I know sappy but I think it would be a sweet 5 min interlude in an episode. I mean it's a B&B you just never know who will show up.

• Like 16
  • Love 6

I think this was the best episode since The Tree. Credited writer was Ian Murphy, hasn't written any previous episodes. Hope he gets to do more of them. Easily one of the funniest all season.

So many laugh out loud moments, but the pervy Puritan had me in stitches. The running gag of the ghosts yelling out the window at each other never gets old anyway. And the whole friends homage to "we were on a respite" was hilarious too. 

I'm guessing folks will conclude that Trevor drowned, and his bros won't be suspected. Unless one of them confesses, they can all just say they don't know what happened, maybe he went swimming drunk and drowned.

The family must wonder what he was doing on the Woodstone property, and that he worked with a Woodstone, but that guy is also dead so there really is nobody to ask. I think if they really grilled Pinkman he might at least confess they all had a blowout party at the manor the night Trevor disappeared; he left before Trevor died but Trevor was kind to him so he might be the only one helpful. But yeah, at this point it would be pretty hard to prove anyone in particular dumped Trevor's body into the lake.

BTW - that's one huge lake. How big is the Woodstone property anyway? Maybe it's just near a lake.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
26 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I rarely laugh out loud while watching TV, but did at least twice during this episode, probably because I have reached the point where I know these likeable characters so well, foibles and all:

And:

The best lines by the two least-liked ghosts!  Okay, I'm in a minority with not liking Thor as much as the others and I usually don't have a problem with Flower, whom other's dislike.

I also didn't like the ghost from the Farnsby's.  Actually, don't like any of their ghosts (unless I'm forgetting someone.)

So sad Trevor trying to get his parents back together.  He's so adorable sometimes.

26 minutes ago, enduringforce said:

You know I would love an episode which maybe shows that Finance Bro intern, that was being hazed and the reason Trevor is not wearing any pants, to show up at the mansion with his own college age son (perhaps named Trevor?) to talk about how to realy be a friend and the fact that he have never forgotten what Trevor did for him. I know sappy but I think it would be a sweet 5 min interlude in an episode. I mean it's a B&B you just never know who will show up.

Actually, now that Trevor's body has been found, that intern could read about it and realize that was (or could have been) the same night and go back to pay his respects.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, enduringforce said:

17 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I think if they really grilled Pinkman he might at least confess they all had a blowout party at the manor the night Trevor disappeared; he left before Trevor died but Trevor was kind to him so he might be the only one helpful.

If 2 or more fan posters are thinking of an idea, likely the writers are too. [shapeshifter's axiom's corollary]

10 minutes ago, Johann said:

Actually, now that Trevor's body has been found, that intern could read about it and realize that was (or could have been) the same night and go back to pay his respects.

Is Sam still writing articles about ghosts for a podcast or something (I don't recall)? 
If so, she'd have to tiptoe around Trevor's parents' concerns about the story——which I am confident the writers could milk for both comedy and pathos.

17 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

So many laugh out loud moments, but the pervy Puritan had me in stitches.

Gross-out humor rarely works for me, so I didn't laugh at the pervy Puritan, but I did appreciate the way it contrasted with Isaac's and Nigel's genuine affection and caring for each other.
The contrast with Isaac's intellectual pursuits ("How about reading!? Are you a fan!?") was just frosting on that cake.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, greekmom said:

So Nigel and Issac are replaying "We were on a break!" from Friends.
Tara Reid showing up and saying its like an inhouse cameo was a good idea by the writers.

It should have been Isabella Rossellini.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
On 2/9/2023 at 9:49 AM, iMonrey said:

Trevor's finance bros never told anyone what happened to him so I wonder how long it took for his family to have him declared dead. I think it takes a pretty long time to have someone who's gone missing declared legally dead. They might have had a memorial and posted an obituary before he was ever legally declared dead just because they knew he must be.

I was wondering the same thing. We should have at least heard a line about "We always knew he'd be found here eventually," or more anguish from the mishpocha about finally knowing some of the truth.

Speaking of mishpocha, I would have liked a real reason Trevor's brother didn't come to his memorial service. I would think that would be enough to get him out of the basement and away from the video games for just an afternoon.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

I would have liked a real reason Trevor's brother didn't come to his memorial service. I would think that would be enough to get him out of the basement and away from the video games for just an afternoon.

Well, obviously it was a casting choice.
I'm guessing there was a little behind-the-scenes joke of: Would you rather have Trevor's "brother" (who lives in his parents' basement) or Tara f'in' Reid?
And maybe we, the audience, were supposed to feel like we were in on a sort of fourth-wall-breaking joke?
But Tara Reid's bit fell flat for me.
And I have watched all the Sharknados.
IDK. Maybe if she'd been hawking Long John Silver's instead of Taco Bell? Maybe that was the plan and LJS wouldn't sign off?

• Like 3
  • Wink 1

1 hour ago, appositival said:

I loved Tara Reid as Tara Reid's commercial for Taco Bell. Especially because everyone seemed excited about the free drink.

I checked and couldn't fine any Trevor drink specials.

How many people have shown up at a Taco Bell today asking for their free drink?

• Like 3
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 10
10 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

We went to see one of the Sharknados with commentary (I forget who does it) and we ended up not being able to see it because a massive thunderstorm kept knocking out the satellite feed. It was pretty funny. We even had to run through the pouring rain to get to the car. No sharks (or Tara Reids), thankfully.

(We got our money back plus the theater gave everyone who left a free ticket so we went to see it another night.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I don't know that they said.  I assume that they (the authorities) dragged the lake after human remains were found and recovered the rest of the skeleton.

Whatever they used to weigh him down with must not have looked very suspicious after 20 years of decomposition or this episode would have been very different. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2

After this much time, I'm sure there was nothing but bones, and not even all the bones. It might have only been the larger ones, like the skull. Bodies decompose fairly quickly, plus fish probably ate the flesh.

I don't know what they would or could have used to make it sink, but given nobody found bricks or cinder blocks, either the show forgot about that, or they used something that also decomposed. A log would either decompose or look natural, for instance. Stick it in his shirt, which clearly he was wearing at the time of death, and he sinks.

--

I feel a bit bad for the ghost who lived in the shed with Nigel for hundreds of years and now has no one. It would be hard to live with your ex, so it's good Nigel is moving into the house now. But then the dude has NO ONE and no prospect of meeting anyone, either, unless someone else dies who becomes a candidate. He's unpleasant and bitter, but he also has a fairly good reason to be so.

-- 

I hate the shouting gag. It's just hard to listen to and is another set up with no prospect for getting any better. SO I hope they do come up with a fix for the boundary issue. But it's tough, because they don't want to make it too flexible, because that would mean the ghosts can leave, which seriously changes the dynamics of the show.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, possibilities said:

I feel a bit bad for the ghost who lived in the shed with Nigel for hundreds of years and now has no one. It would be hard to live with your ex, so it's good Nigel is moving into the house now. But then the dude has NO ONE and no prospect of meeting anyone, either, unless someone else dies who becomes a candidate. He's unpleasant and bitter, but he also has a fairly good reason to be so.

Now I feel bad too.😞
Maybe there's a gay ghost in the basement who really loathes that atmosphere amongst the unwashed plague victims, and would appreciate Nigel and his shed? 🙃

Or maybe Nigel wanted to live alone all along. I can relate. 😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I feel a bit bad for the ghost who lived in the shed with Nigel for hundreds of years and now has no one.

There were 3 British soldiers living in the shed. With Nigel moving into the house, no one should be left totally only (although I could understand it if they actually wanted to be alone).

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
46 minutes ago, possibilities said:

He can meet the members of the ever-growing antwatching club, meeting Wednesdays, Saturdays and whenever Sam brings an apple core (how thoughtful of her, btw).  Those ant clans are not following Nigel into the mansion, and Nigel is probably not going to give up the activity.

Speaking of ghosts finding ways to entertain themselves, of course they watched Trevor’s parents.  They have literally watched trees grow and paint dry, were they going to miss this?  I liked how it was revealed little by little that pretty much all of them were there, especially Sass’s reveal that “I was going to leave but then Hetty called me a wimp.”  Wonder what made her do that, why did she care whether he stayed or went?  She can be mean for no reason sometimes, like when she told Pete that she is a lady and her husband cheating on her is to be expected, but Pete’s thing is just weird and sad.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I've had thoughts along the same lines. The property lines didn't even exist when Thor and Sass (and maybe Isaac) died, so their range must change if they are still bound by them. What if Sam and Jay bought the property in between and turned it into one parcel of land? Could they then go further and meet up with the other ghosts at the Farnsby's property line?

It would make more sense if they were bound by a certain radius from where they died...different ghosts could have different limits, then.

Jessica the car ghost is limited to a 5 feet range of the car but she can travel anywhere the car goes. So what is considered the property line and can it change so they can go further? We need Jay's ghost manual and his updates. 

The Puritan ghost is hilarious. Since the Farnsbys are swingers, he must get quite an eyeful. Now he needs his own boyfriend to put his education to practice.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
6 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

The Puritan ghost is hilarious. Since the Farnsbys are swingers, he must get quite an eyeful. Now he needs his own boyfriend to put his education to practice.

I wish we could get a little more of Sam getting a chance to talk to the ghosts over there, even if just to find out how many there are. Maybe they go on a trip and ask Sam and Jay to water their plants...(surely not their first choice of people to ask for something like that, but maybe the person they would ask falls through at the last minute or something...)

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 11
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

But then the dude has NO ONE and no prospect of meeting anyone, either, unless someone else dies who becomes a candidate. He's unpleasant and bitter, but he also has a fairly good reason to be so.

As others have said, I think there's one more redcoat living in the shed.  At least, I seem to recall Nigel being flanked by two soldiers when we glimpsed the shed ghosts in the first season.  If not, then scorned ex-BF dude can join the bitter cellar ghosts.

Speaking of...obviously Sam has interactions with the shed ghosts we don't see, but the exposition of her dropping off the occasional apple core seemed to confirm she visits there, and presumably talks with the ghosts--I doubt she can help herself!  So I wonder if she spends any time with the miserable cellar ghosts?  They're a bit of a depressing lot, to be sure, but I could see Sam obsessing about what she could do to make their lives better.  I could also see her a bit reluctant to interact with them much, because....they are pretty tough to look at.  I loved that they were able to offer all that helpful advice regarding mechanical repairs while they were fixing up the mansion. 

1 hour ago, Daff said:

Fess up, all-How many times did you shout “FlowwWER!” at her lines this episode?

OMG!  She had some great lines!  It seems the writers are getting a better handle on her character this season, so Flower is participating more in the conversations. 

• Like 6

Is Sam still writing articles about ghosts for a podcast or something (I don't recall)? 

She was doing a podcast about Alberta's murder. I don't know where that stands. 

But Tara Reid's bit fell flat for me.

I thought she was a pretty good sport to play along with the idea that she would do "Pop-Ins" for extra cash and shill for Taco Bell. "Mention Trevor's name at the drive-thru and get a free drink!" How awesome would it have been if the show had really partnered with Taco Bell for such a deal?

I loved Hetty's reaction to hearing "Sharknado." Like she pondered such a thing might actually exist.

There were 3 British soldiers living in the shed. With Nigel moving into the house, no one should be left totally only (although I could understand it if they actually wanted to be alone).

Yeah I've been wondering what happened to the second soldier. There was another besides Nigel and Jenkins when we first met them. I think he was the piper too. Maybe he's off patrolling the grounds, or maybe he got sucked off.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah I've been wondering what happened to the second soldier. There was another besides Nigel and Jenkins when we first met them. I think he was the piper too. Maybe he's off patrolling the grounds, or maybe he got sucked off.

Yes! He plays the fife. I forgot about him.

Per wikipedia, the shed ghosts are:

• The British Revolutionary ghosts: three ghosts who died in the Revolutionary War and occupy the shed on the property that used to be a barracks, as was agreed upon with Isaac after the war ended. They keep mostly to themselves and come up to the main house to redraw the border lines every few years.
    • John Hartman as Nigel Chessum, the leader of the trio, whom Isaac accidentally shot. They have had secret romantic feelings for one another since they were alive, and they begin a relationship at the end of the first season.
    • Chad Andrews as Baxter, Nigel's subordinate who plays a fife.
    • Christian Daoust as Jenkins, Nigel's subordinate who possesses a musket.
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, Pothunter said:

Jenkins was the first one, during the opening credits. He said 'liaisoned'. 

This usage is becoming fairly common in TV and film writing, unfortunately. The difference between 'we' and 'us' is fading 😬    

It grates on me as does the frequent "me and him" misuse.

I am never sure who is the illiterate - the actor or the writer? Or was it deliberate in order to provide character insight - i.e. that the person with the terrible grammar isn't highly educated as a character.

In terms of the ghost boundaries, I guess the writers can make up any characteristics they want. I had never read the Ann Rice vampire novels or seen the Tom Cruise movie so when I saw the recent television version of Interview With The Vampire I was confused since I had read the Bram Stoker novel and of course seen the Bela Lugosi movie numerous times so I had always assumed vampires operated under certain "rules". 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Johann said:

It seems there is some kind of inside joke with Tara Reid (whom I've heard of, but not sure if I've seen her in anything) being on the show.  Anyone want to enlighten me?

Apparently, we just MUST know who she is. Sorry, I’m out of the loop, and not losing sleep over it. As Isaac would say, “Who’s TR, when she’s at home?”

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Well, Bjorn's been there a thousand years and still not interested in Farnsby's mom, so maybe...

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, Johann said:

It seems there is some kind of inside joke with Tara Reid (whom I've heard of, but not sure if I've seen her in anything) being on the show.  Anyone want to enlighten me?

6 hours ago, Daff said:

Apparently, we just MUST know who she is. Sorry, I’m out of the loop, and not losing sleep over it.

I just realized that the *joke* is:  
Like the ghosts in the pilot episode not knowing who Tara Reid was when Trevor bragged about partying with her near his death date and around the time of "her breakout role in 1998's The Big Lebowski" (Wikipedia) because Tara Reid wasafter the other ghosts' time,
many watching Ghosts do not know Tara Reid because her box-office hit movies (but never award-winning movies) of the 90s were before many viewers' time.  

From the Ghosts pilot episode, when its Trevor's turn to talk to try to break the ghosts' boredom before Sam and Jay enter their after-lives: 

• [TREVOR] Okay, so, it's the summer of '98. My Lehman Brothers boys and I, we scooped a copter to beat the traffic out to the Hamptons, 'cause that's how we roll. Anyway, we're on a list for this very exclusive shindig at Surf Lodge in Montauk. Tara Reid's birthday. 'Nuff said. So... 
  • Yeah, but, who is Tara Reid? 
  • [TREVOR] Seriously? She was a movie star. 
  • Oh. Silent or talkies, sweetheart? 
  • Uh, what is a movie again? 
  • It's the... It's the play that they project on a screen. We've been through this. 
  • When you say "project"... 
  • What is "play?"? 
  • [TREVOR] God, I hate being the most recently dead. Anyway, yada yada yada, it was a great night. The end. Okay.

IDK. It seems a little harsh to make fun of the faded fame of a B-list actress, but I guess Tara Reid didn't mind? Hey. It's a paycheck. And maybe Asher Grodman did have a crush on Reid at one time and, who knows, still carries a bit of a torch for her?

From ET about Reid's appearance in this episode:

Tara Reid swings by the mansion to pay respects to Trevor in the latest episode of Ghosts. 

In Thursday's installment, titled "Trevor's Body," the actress -- who happens to be Trevor's celebrity crush -- swings by Woodstone Manor to attend Trevor's memorial after his remains are found on the grounds. Reid's surprise appearance at the manor for the impromptu service, which brings Trevor's parents into the fold, stuns Sam, Jay and the other ghosts.

ET exclusively premieres a sneak peek featuring Reid as she makes her presence known to everyone at Woodstone. While Trevor is understandably excited about Reid attending his memorial, he's even more impressed when he learns his brother arranged for her to come by through a Cameo-like booking app named Poppin'. Watch the hilarious moment in the clip above.

Reid's guest spot on Ghosts is a full-circle moment for Trevor and the CBS comedy, which was recently picked up for a third season. Trevor, a former Wall Street "bro," first mentioned Reid in the series' pilot in 2021 when he revealed that he attended her birthday party in the late '90s with his investment banking co-workers.

The actress caught wind of Ghosts after a clip from that episode was shared on Twitter by Ghosts actor Asher Grodman, who plays Trevor. Reid tweeted at the time that "the show looks fun."

"The Tara Reid monologue thing that I did in the pilot started making the rounds on social media and Tara quote tweeted it and was like, 'You guys are funny.' And I freaked out," Grodman recalled to ET. "We were like, 'We got to get her on the show.' And for us, we're just there trying to make our stupid little jokes and hope someone thinks it's funny. We're poking these bears and we're making fun of reality television and then suddenly, one of these cultural icons that we're poking turns around and is like, 'Oh, I like this.' It was very, very validating. A year-and-a-half later, to come full circle and have her join the party is surreal."

"And then working with her was lovely. She's so sweet and just joined in on the party and had a sense of humor about the whole thing," Grodman added. "It was great. It was just fun to have her on set for a few days. I think we all had a blast."

etonline.com/ghosts-sneak-peek-tara-reid-visits-the-manor-to-attend-trevors-memorial-exclusive-198805

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 11
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, Starchild said:

Weird that property lines would matter at all. They're entirely artificial, created by human common law.

Accepting that ghosts exist, how far they can move from where they died would likely depend on physical laws that govern energy and would not be affected by artificial legal boundaries.

You could argue that it's "psychological", that if the ghosts believe that property lines limit their mobility that they are unconsciously creating their own limitations........

Much like how the ghosts are able to "sit" in chairs, and on sofas, how the ghosts are able to walk on the floors

(and up and down the steps) and not fall through clear down to the basement.

and remember when Thorfinn tried to "jump" off the roof.   How can he "fall" if he has no mass??

Would he not fall through the ground itself????

11 hours ago, nora1992 said:

Thoughts inspired by insomnia…..

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Twilight Man said:

Much like how the ghosts are able to "sit" in chairs, and on sofas, how the ghosts are able to walk on the floors

(and up and down the steps) and not fall through clear down to the basement.

I don't focus on those things.  It hurts my brain!  I just enjoy the show like it is and leave things like that (and time travel) to others to ponder!  

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

And:

That line from Flower cracked me the hell up XD. I love when she tosses in some random nonsensical line like that, she's great with those kinds of moments. 

Sometimes it's hard to tell what makes me laugh more - the one-liners themselves or the other ghosts' reactions to them. Especially if their reactions are along the lines, of "...????" at whatever weird thing one of the others said (like with Thor and his stories , for instance :p). 

7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

The contrast with Isaac's intellectual pursuits ("How about reading!? Are you a fan!?") was just frosting on that cake.

LOL, yes, ,I loved that, too. Especially when Isaac tried to ask him about The Iliad and George was like, "What about oily lads?" XD. 

4 hours ago, jmonique said:

"This is Isaac! Other homosexual ghost I tell you about."

I just love how supportive the ghosts are of each other and Jay and Sam.

Yeah, there was something oddly sweet about Thor, of all the ghosts, trying to cheer Isaac up by introducing him to someone else :). I did like Sasappis' reaction to that idea, too, though, pointing out that he couldn't just assume that they'd hit it off because they're both gay. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, there was something oddly sweet about Thor, of all the ghosts, trying to cheer Isaac up by introducing him to someone else

Thor has no filter!  I like him though.  He gets some funny lines.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Not to sound like I’m setting up a fanfic, but I’m kind of surprised that the older ghosts aren’t a little flexible in the area of sexuality. Thor and Sass were alone for 250 years before Isaac died. Just….never?

Or there were other ghosts with them during that quarter of a millennia who got "sucked off" in the ghost sense of the term?

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
21 minutes ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Not to sound like I’m setting up a fanfic, but I’m kind of surprised that the older ghosts aren’t a little flexible in the area of sexuality. Thor and Sass were alone for 250 years before Isaac died. Just….never?

Thor's talked about orgies a lot, and he's also claimed to watch Sasappis have sex, so he might be open to the idea...:D. 

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
27 minutes ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Thor and Sass were alone for 250 years before Isaac died. Just….never?

I think Thor would have sex with a goat before doing it with another man!  Even in desperation, I can't picture him with another man.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3