Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Trevor’s Body

Neptune
  • Start Topic

My god, can Isaac and Nigel get not one second of peace??? I realize they were the only ghost couple, and might be the only ones again depending on what happens with Sas and Jessica in the next episode, but must every reference to their relationship be structured around a conflict? Or couldn’t it just be that they annoy the other ghosts with how lovey-dovey they are?

• Like 4
4 hours ago, wembley said:

As a writer, I mean... you gotta have conflict. It's a sitcom, they'll be okay. <3

This. Plus, they started off on opposing sides of a war, so I feel like conflict is always gong to play a role in their relationship in some form or another as a result :p. 

Still, yes, I'm all for seeing any happy, quieter moments between them when possible, too. Maybe this roadblock will be more funny in nature or something :D. Sounds like there's going to be a lot happening in this episode in general, so yeah, can't wait for this one. 

• Like 6
17 hours ago, Annber03 said:

This. Plus, they started off on opposing sides of a war, so I feel like conflict is always gong to play a role in their relationship in some form or another as a result :p. 

And Isaac shot Nigel dead while leering at him through a scope.  That one is kind of hard to forgive even it was an accident.

On 1/21/2023 at 6:21 PM, Neptune said:

“Trevor’s Body.” - Trevor receives disturbing news about his parents when they come to Woodstone B&B to collect his newly-found remains.” Elsewhere in the episode, “Isaac and Nigel’s relationship hits a roadblock” Feb 9

https://tvline.com/2023/01/21/ghosts-tara-reid-photo-season-2-spoilers-trevor/

I'm surprised that his remains weren't already discovered in the early 00s when his obit was published.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Asher Grodman reminds me of a 1960s & 70s actor Dick Gautier. Not a twin, feature by feature, but a vibe. He was a doll. 

gautier.0.jpg

Dick Gautier shows up in the old quiz shows I often run in the background.
He and Asher have similar energy too. 
They are sweetheart type guys.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Happy Ghost Thursday everybody. Can wait for more of Trevor's story and meet his parents. 

I just went though the shows I watch by each day of the week, and realized Ghosts is my only must see show. Last month, I was even upset that my company's holiday party was Thursday 😆

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I'm surprised that his remains weren't already discovered in the early 00s when his obit was published.

Trevor's finance bros never told anyone what happened to him so I wonder how long it took for his family to have him declared dead. I think it takes a pretty long time to have someone who's gone missing declared legally dead. They might have had a memorial and posted an obituary before he was ever legally declared dead just because they knew he must be.

I'll be interested to see what the repercussions are for the "bros" once his remains are discovered.

That interview posted above by Neptune was interesting. I've seen several Zoom interviews with Asher and he always looks tired, like he just woke up. I wonder if it's just something about the difference in his eyes without camera makeup, or if they make him get up really early in the morning to do promotions, and he's not a morning person.

Imagine going to the Superbowl and seeing Trevor, Isaac and Thor!

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Happy Ghost Thursday everybody. Can wait for more of Trevor's story and meet his parents. 

I just went though the shows I watch by each day of the week, and realized Ghosts is my only must see show. Last month, I was even upset that my company's holiday party was Thursday 😆

It's been a hell of a work week, so I'm even more excited about the show tonight than usual :p. I like having this show on Thursdays, gives me something to look forward to throughout the week. 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 3

So Nigel and Issac are replaying "We were on a break!" from Friends.
Tara Reid showing up and saying its like an inhouse cameo was a good idea by the writers.
I still don't get why the ghosts on the Farnsbary property cannot go to the property line and the same with the ghosts on the Woodstone property line and talk to eachother instead of screaming from the window. The properties are side by side.
Trevor knocking the vase so Tara Reid can have an "accident" is typical T-bone.

• Like 10
On 1/22/2023 at 10:14 AM, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

I realize they were the only ghost couple, and might be the only ones again depending on what happens with Sas and Jessica in the next episode, but must every reference to their relationship be structured around a conflict? Or couldn’t it just be that they annoy the other ghosts with how lovey-dovey they are?

As far as conflicts go, that was pretty mild and resolved quickly.  I'm glad it wasn't drawn out for 5 episodes!

5 minutes ago, greekmom said:

That was my first thought, especially when Nigel repeated it!  Funny stuff!

• Like 18
  • LOL 4

"We were on a respite!" Wow :p. I do have to say that I'm genuinely surprised that Nigel actually did have a moment with Jenkins, but I do like that Isaac actually talked it all out with Nigel. And now they're going to be living together in the same house! Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Also loved the whole thing with Isaac and George, and Isaac being instantly put off by him :p. I do want to know more about this George now, though. 

As for everything with Trevor, awwwwwwwww, his mom's speech towards the end got me all choked up. I felt so much for Trevor, having to learn all this sad stuff about his family history and his parents' relationship and everything. I'm glad that his parents found closure, though, and that they got to say a proper goodbye of sorts. But wow, what a way for Trevor's body to be discovered! Yeah, poor Jay's just not gonna be able to take any guests anywhere on these grounds at this point without running into that risk, LOL. I liked him pointing out how many times they've had to call the coroner since moving there...and that the others asked how said coroner and their family were doing XD!

20 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

"We have eight idiot kids who can literally never leave."

I love that Jay referred to them as their kids <3 :D. 

Also interesting to learn a little more about Sam's parents this episode, too .I wonder if this means we'll meet her dad at some point. 

• Like 18
  • Love 1

Tara Reid had very low energy in this episode.  She was almost... vacant?  Just not what I expected from her role.

The Puritan ghost was really funny.  Even though his relationship with Isaac fizzled, I want to see more of him.

• Like 10

Despite this episode being about a memorial, it was one of the funniest.

Love Alberta picking up Yiddish phrases from Trevor and being his mama bear and hugging him at the end.

Trevor and Sam trying to “Parent Trap” his parents was hilarious and of course Thor would think it meant an actual trap. Lol at Flower, “You’re going to exist!” Poor Trevor was so grossed out knowing all the ghosts (including Nancy!) watched his parents hook up, but he did sext his dad so that’s kinda on him. Lost it at Jay saying, “We’re going to hell.”

I was wondering if there were more ghosts at the Farnsby’s and yep! The horny Puritan ghost had me in stitches. Nigel and Isaac fought like Ross and Rachel: “We were on a respite!” 

Jay is exactly right; he and Sam are definite couple goals with eight idiot ghost children. Aww.

• Like 20
  • Love 2

I love this entire cast. The only other show I can say that about is Abbott Elementary. 

Everyone watching Trevor's parents have sex and telling him about it in detail was hilarious. And I had no idea Nancy was gonna pop up, I wasn't paying attention to the credits. 

So many good lines again, and Jay is still the hero. What other husband is gonna roll with having 'eight idiot kids who never leave' around forever? Jay, that's who. 🥰

• Like 23
41 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Tara Reid showing up and saying its like an inhouse cameo was a good idea by the writers.
I still don't get why the ghosts on the Farnsbary property cannot go to the property line and the same with the ghosts on the Woodstone property line and talk to eachother instead of screaming from the window. The properties are side by side.
Trevor knocking the vase so Tara Reid can have an "accident" is typical T-bone.

No there is a property in between.  They have mentioned this several times.

Maybe in Season 1 they mentioned them being next door neighbors but the writers either changed the canon and/or imagined a vacant property lot in between those two houses.  Since Bjorn's discovery they have constantly said there is a lot in between and we don't see a house on it as Thorfinn and Bjorn shout back and forth so probably a vacant lot so the Farnsby's could be next door "neighbors" but the properties don't have to be.

• Like 10
  • Useful 4
11 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I really would like Sam to have to go somewhere and deal with some other ghosts for an episode. 

She has.  Her mother's ghost in Ohio.  And I thought that was the very least interesting episode from Season 1.  I want to see Woodstone Estate's ghosts in every episode.  You send Sam away for an episode and our troupe of ghosts are written out which I never want to see that happen again ever.  That Ohio episode was the only episode that bored me in the whole two seasons.

(She also has born messages back and forth between Sass and his "beloved while living" young lady that "ghosts" within the local town's boundary.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, phalange said:

Love Alberta picking up Yiddish phrases from Trevor and being his mama bear and hugging him at the end.

Yeah, that was a really sweet touch :). Also sweet was seeing that Pete's joined Nigel and Thor's ant club! Very fitting, too - Pete's a scout leader, he'd know a lot about nature and various species as a result. 

1 hour ago, Badsamaritan said:

I love this entire cast. The only other show I can say that about is Abbott Elementary. 

Same. And on that note...

11 hours ago, Neptune said:

...wanted to thank you, @Neptune, for sharing this interview earlier. The end bit where these two talk about hanging out together outside the show made me smile - that is super adorable and just makes me love this cast even more <3. 

• Like 5

I love Thor. I think he makes me laugh the most. I loved his line about how Isaac was now “the second most famous cuckold in the house.” Lol. 

Haven’t seen Tara Reid in a while, she looked alarmingly thin. 

I always like when they use real pictures of actors to show them as a kid. It was cute to see those at Trevor’s memorial. 

• Like 21
  • Love 2

I loved this episode I felt so sorry for Trevor. It must have been difficult to learn that his parents were divorced. It's nice finding out that Trevor had been a nice kid who probably wanted a marriage like his parents had. I like that the ghosts at the Farnbys are a mirror image of the ghosts at Woodstone Manor.

• Like 7
17 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'll be interested to see what the repercussions are for the "bros" once his remains are discovered.

Probably none.  All that they would be able to tell from the body is that there were drugs in his system.  Maybe they could even tell that's what killed him.  Butt, I dout it with just bones.  I don't know what story the frat bros told.  Did people know they went off together?  But, either way, they can just now say he did drugs and wandered off.  there is no proof they killed him because they didn'tt.  And there's also no proof that they improperly disposed of a body. And while murder doesn't, I'm sure just disposing of a body does have a statute of limitations. So, the only repercussions would probably just be social.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Skooma said:

No there is a property in between.  They have mentioned this several times.

Maybe in Season 1 they mentioned them being next door neighbors but the writers either changed the canon and/or imagined a vacant property lot in between those two houses.  Since Bjorn's discovery they have constantly said there is a lot in between and we don't see a house on it as Thorfinn and Bjorn shout back and forth so probably a vacant lot so the Farnsby's could be next door "neighbors" but the properties don't have to be.

What would happen if the 2 properties had the same owners?  If the property lines move, will the range increase?

Thoughts inspired by insomnia…..

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
10 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Also loved the whole thing with Isaac and George, and Isaac being instantly put off by him

Isaac is a quiet person/ghost and proper in how he speaks, so it was weird hearing his "yelling" voice!  Even if the other ghost had been his type, I don't think he'd want to continue on with having to scream across the property like that. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
25 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Isaac is a quiet person/ghost and proper in how he speaks, so it was weird hearing his "yelling" voice!  Even if the other ghost had been his type, I don't think he'd want to continue on with having to scream across the property like that. 

LOL, exactly. 

6 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I......did not peg Nigel as the Ross in that relationship.

Same! I think that's a big part of what surprised me about that reveal as well :p. At the same time, though, I do kinda feel like Isaac tends to place a particular importance on loyalty, so in some ways, it also makes sense to me that he'd be the one having to deal with this issue as a result, instead of the other way around. 

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Same! I think that's a big part of what surprised me about that reveal as well :p. At the same time, though, I do kinda feel like Isaac tends to place a particular importance on loyalty, so in some ways, it also makes sense to me that he'd be the one having to deal with this issue as a result, instead of the other way around. 

They were on a respite!!!! You can't expect loyalty during a respite.

I absolutely loved that Nigel actually yelled "We were on a respite!!!"  That show ended 18 years ago, but that we were on a break debate rages on.

• Like 7
  • LOL 16
2 hours ago, nora1992 said:

What would happen if the 2 properties had the same owners?  If the property lines move, will the range increase?

Weird that property lines would matter at all. They're entirely artificial, created by human common law.

Accepting that ghosts exist, how far they can move from where they died would likely depend on physical laws that govern energy and would not be affected by artificial legal boundaries.

You could argue that it's "psychological", that if the ghosts believe that property lines limit their mobility that they are unconsciously creating their own limitations, but that wouldn't explain Hetty being shoved out of the departing car because she didn't know that would happen.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, nora1992 said:

I've had thoughts along the same lines. The property lines didn't even exist when Thor and Sass (and maybe Isaac) died, so their range must change if they are still bound by them. What if Sam and Jay bought the property in between and turned it into one parcel of land? Could they then go further and meet up with the other ghosts at the Farnsby's property line?

It would make more sense if they were bound by a certain radius from where they died...different ghosts could have different limits, then.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, Pothunter said:

Lovely episode. Only problem was that everyone was saying liaisoned instead of liaised. So many people involved, surely someone could have corrected the usage. 

I thought that sounded wrong but I didn't look it up.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I found the camerawork so interesting in the scene where Nigel and Isaac get back together, they showed Nigel from unusual angles, and he was also different during his shouting scene, as others mentioned. It was like seeing him in a brand new light.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1