Type keyword(s) to search

Joy Behar: "So Whaat? Who Caaaares?"

• Start Topic

She’s really the only reason I’m tuning in now. It makes sense, she’s 77 years old, but I can’t imagine the show without her, permanently. 

9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I think she should retire now.  She's so clearly over it.

She does seem to be over it these days. I still enjoy having her on the show though. I just think the current pandemic is stressing her out, like a lot of us. 

• Love 13

Yesterday was the first day that I thought Joy seemed especially angry.  And who can blame her.  But then there was a segment later where she was cracking jokes like her usual self.  I think it's probably good for her to have a day or two a week when she takes part in the show, just to have a purpose and something to do. 

If Meghan can vent on the show, Joy should be allowed to as well.  

• Love 15
4 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

She’s really the only reason I’m tuning in now. It makes sense, she’s 77 years old, but I can’t imagine the show without her, permanently. 

I've been a regular viewer of The View since Rosie joined the show in September, 2006 - DVRing it every day (except repeats). The only season I missed was the 'Jenny McCarthy' season when she replaced Joy - after a month of DVRing that, I tuned out for good. When the show came back with Nicole Wallace and the two Rosies, it was hardly watchable that season, too.  I couldn't wait for Joy to return for good the following season. Should she leave again, so shall I...

• Love 7
(edited)

So The View officially ends in 2022. :(  It hasn't been any good these past three years since they allowed McCain to destroy the show, so I won't be mourning The View. But I will miss Joy's voice.

I'm actually reading the article and it doesn't sound like a definite thing. I hope she'll change her mind.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 7

Selfishly, I hope Joy stays for many years to come! I know she's a woman of a particular age, but for me, she is the true first lady of the show. It wouldn't be the same without her. I remember when I'd watch the show with my mother during the summer as a child. I even loved her then. I'm not usually one of those "I'll stop watching if my favorite leaves" types, but it could happen if she were to leave. She's that critical to The View as far as I'm concerned. Forgive the pun, but she literally brings joy to the show.  

• Love 16
22 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I've been a regular viewer of The View since Rosie joined the show in September, 2006 - DVRing it every day (except repeats). The only season I missed was the 'Jenny McCarthy' season when she replaced Joy - after a month of DVRing that, I tuned out for good. When the show came back with Nicole Wallace and the two Rosies, it was hardly watchable that season, too.  I couldn't wait for Joy to return for good the following season. Should she leave again, so shall I...

I left when Joy did last time. When she finally retires I am gone too.

• Love 7

I actually came back for the season of the Rosie's back then. I liked both O'Donnell and Perez, and even Nicolle I liked at first. Then Whoopi ruined it all and Joy coming back was the only thing that could have possibly brought me back after that. Once she leaves the next time around, I don't care what names they hire, I'm not coming back if Whoopi's still there trying to domineer whoever the newest big name on the show is. (And especially not if spoiled brat McCain is still around.)

• Love 10

The return of Rosie was a fun season. You could cut the tension between Whoopie and Rosie with a knife. It just oozed through the television screen. On most days, it was worse than the tension between her and Hasslebeck - but Rosie always sheepishly backed away from Goldberg. 

• Love 4

Joy is my favorite, and like quite a few people above, her return brought me back to the show. A few times she has mentioned a little trouble with her hearing. There have been several times during the remote production of the show that it's seemed pretty obvious to me that she does not always hear the producers, her co-hosts, their guests, or her cues. It happened this morning when the show began and she didn't realize it. It was more obvious, because she was moderating.

ABC has no excuse for not getting her whatever tools she needs to work remotely and know when others are speaking or when she is supposed to speak. The House of Mouse is not short on cash, nor behind on technology. It made me angry on her behalf. 

• Love 12

The Daily Beast has an interview with Joy by Marlow Stern.

I don't think she says anything surprising or too revealing. There are questions about tension between her and Meghan McCain. I think she gave them the appropriate (small) bit of attention. From the interview:

I’m curious how real the Joy Behar vs. Meghan McCain thing is on The View.

OK, look, here’s the thing: she’s your age. I could be her grandmother probably—or certainly her mother. She’s a kid. We get into arguments, and it works out. I got into these fights with Elisabeth Hasselbeck, and I got into a fight last week with Marsha Blackburn. Whoever comes on and gives me shit, I’ll give it right back. That’s how we work.

I’ve read that the Elisabeth Hasselbeck stuff mostly stayed on-camera but the Meghan McCain fighting has traveled behind the scenes as well.

A little bit. A little bit… but that was when we were in the studio, and now we’re of course not in the studio anymore. There were moments in the hair and makeup room maybe, but it wasn’t anything catastrophic. You get mad at her and she gets mad at you, and then you write her something funny or she writes something at you, and she shows me pictures of her baby now. That baby is adorable.

In Ladies Who Punch, the book on The View, there’s a section about a fight that happened between you and Meghan McCain, where you say to her, “I’ve tolerated a lot of shit on this show but I’m at my wits’ end with this entitled bitch.”

Did I? Maybe I did. She called me a “bitch” one time—it was in People magazine. So you know, it’s mutual.

Joy is thinking about leaving when her contract is up in 2022. 

I know your contract is up in 2022. Will that be it for you on The View?

I think that’s enough for me, 2022. That will be it. Well, maybe. I’m getting older and I want to travel a little bit. I want to go back to Italy, but I’m missing my chances here with this goddamn virus! I want to do some traveling, do some writing. If Trump wins, I don’t know what I’m gonna do.

Other topics discussed include Trump, Ted Cruz, Amy Coney Barrett, her apology to Mike Pence, Melania's birther reveal on Joy's old HLN show, standup, Joy's plays, the election, and how everyone thinks Joy is Jewish.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I loved Joy's response when asked about MeAgain.  Without coming out and saying it, It sounds like she doesn't take her very seriously, referring to her as a kid.  I loved it.  I bet MeAgain was not happy with Joy's comments.  

• Love 9

I hope she doesn't leave any time soon, but I could understand it if she does. I hope she enjoys her last years. The only reason I thought she might stay on for years to come is because of how cushy the job is. Plus, I think she and Sunny are friends in real life, and with Sara back now, too, going in every day probably feels like being out on the town with your girlfriends. I know she and Whoopi are friends also, but I think Whoopi probably exits ASAP back to her private time.

• Love 6
On 10/20/2020 at 7:09 AM, Badbea99 said:

I loved Joy's response when asked about MeAgain.  Without coming out and saying it, It sounds like she doesn't take her very seriously, referring to her as a kid.  I loved it.  I bet MeAgain was not happy with Joy's comments.  

Ditto. I'm sure she wasn't, but I thought Joy was beyond kind and classy. Meghan is in her 30's. I'm younger than her and treat people Joy's age with respect, even when THEY'RE the ones behaving like Meghan. Young adults do not get a pass to be so rude. 

2 hours ago, falltime said:

Bernie is SO cute!!! 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Did Joy say anything other than “let’s see where the investigation goes?”  I thought she was supportive of the victims?

That's how I remember it too, but I don't remember verbatim. I don't know why some people are so hard on Joy. Even if you disagree with her, she is not a hateful woman a la the blonde baby at the table. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Did Joy say anything other than “let’s see where the investigation goes?”  I thought she was supportive of the victims?

No.  And she said it should be equal across the board-that Cawthorn and Jackson should also also be investigated, but they’re not.

She didn’t say anything about this being w witch hunt or that she didn’t believe the women accusing Cuomo.

Of course everyone responding on that feed are fans of Twatty and how Twatty being on this show is good to rein in Joy.🙄🙄🙄🙄

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

I don't recall Joy alleging that Cuomo's accusers are lying nor did she discount their allegations.  I believe she was calling out the hypocrisy of Republicans who are clutching their pearls all the while ignoring the myriad of allegations made against the former guy in the White House and Congressmen Madison Cawthorn and Ronny Jackson, among others.  

Joy tweeted a pic a day or so ago showing pics of all of Trump's accusers with the caption "just sayin'".  I guess that's what set Cuomo's accuser off.

Lindsey Boylan, the accuser, is running for Manhattan Borough President.  A quick perusal of her twitter account shows me she's angry and isn't shy about coming for someone.  Sounds rather bitter.  Makes me wonder about a lot of things that would be OT.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No.  And she said it should be equal across the board-that Cawthorn and Jackson should also also be investigated, but they’re not.

She didn’t say anything about this being w witch hunt or that she didn’t believe the women accusing Cuomo.

Of course everyone responding on that feed are fans of Twatty and how Twatty being on this show is good to rein in Joy.🙄🙄🙄🙄

Thank you for clarifying this. It's sad how much hate a 70-something granny gets because she has different politics and is outspoken. 

People have good reason to dislike Twatty. She's consistently very rude to people, including those of her own tribe, including her own friends. Joy gets people's panties in a bunch existing as an outspoken democrat whose job entails discussing politics. We do not need the brat to rein in Joy. 😒

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5

Joy was saying Cuomo should get due process, something Al Franken never got.  Yes, the snippets of videos look bad, but the entire videos must be reviewed and witnesses testifying under oath are needed to determine guilt or innocence, not just the words of people getting paid for interviews with tabloids.

• Love 7
On 3/6/2021 at 11:31 PM, Pearson80 said:

People love to attack Joy on the right for no reason and that Cuomo accuser sounds really bitter, yikes!  

Yep I know racists who love Tucker Carlson, the late Rush Limbaugh and all the folks like them, but they say Joy Behar is a racist for this. 

joy-behar-in-blackface.jpg

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 1

Whoa.....I watch a bit of Fox News so I don’t get complacent and actually hear what kind of info they are spewing.....”Serious journalist”  Harris Faulkner on Outnumbered just stated as “fact” that Joy Behar wore black face! What garbage. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, sandymck said:

Whoa.....I watch a bit of Fox News so I don’t get complacent and actually hear what kind of info they are spewing.....”Serious journalist”  Harris Faulkner on Outnumbered just stated as “fact” that Joy Behar wore black face! What garbage. 

Ugh, the hatred those folks have for Joy Behar of all people is disturbing. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Anyone else think Joy is back to her old self now? Not sure if it's because the Princess is out or they're back in studio, but she seems more happy and relaxed. She made me laugh quite a bit today. 

The whole show feels different!! Joy does seem more happy and content. 

• Love 9
On 2/9/2022 at 9:26 AM, JGraf said:

Am I the only one who sees Joy Behar as irrelevant and past her 5 minutes of fame? Her shrill, conversation ending declarations are beyond tiresome. 

She's been my favorite ever since i started  so i love her. While i relished the days Barbara wasn't there for an episode, it feels off when Joy misses an episode 

• Love 19