Type keyword(s) to search

Joy Behar: "So Whaat? Who Caaaares?"

• Start Topic

Joy's birthday wasn't even a month ago, and I'd already forgotten Ari Melber was one of her special birthday episode guests. The world is moving at warp speed. I can't even remember, was Chris Hayes the other guest?

That was a good interview. I wonder if she can teach Meghan how to (consistently) use ad hominem in a sentence.  I appreciated that Joy was diplomatic about Pelosi and Schumer. I get tired of the left crapping on the left. She did a deft job of pivoting to McConnell. 

I think Ari maybe has a little crush on Joy. 

Unrelated: I love Joy's hair. I always flirt with getting my hair cut like that, but my daughter says I'm too young. I don't think it's an old-lady hairstyle, but I can't un-hear that comment.

• Love 12

Was it good for you was so funny. I remember when he came on for her birthday posters thought she didn’t really know him but he makes it sound like they’ve good been friends for awhile. 

She razed him about showing Fred doing her on SNL , “

like we’ve not seen it enough “

• Love 5
13 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I thought so, too. He was practically gushing over her, lol. Not that I can blame him, I'd be the same way.

He totally was! And while I found it charming, I wish he would have stayed quiet so I could hear Joy say the whole “SO WHAT? WHO CAIRES!” Or show a clip of Joy saying it. I really miss her saying it on the show. But Armisen has her down to a T!!!??????

• Love 7
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He totally was! And while I found it charming, I wish he would have stayed quiet so I could hear Joy say the whole “SO WHAT? WHO CAIRES!” Or show a clip of Joy saying it. I really miss her saying it on the show. But Armisen has her down to a T!!!??????

She actually said it on Monday or Tuesday, I can't remember which. I only notice because it's been so long. She half laughed when it came out, too.

• Love 6

I read today that Joy was complaining that the Country Music Association Awards show was non-political. They had decided to stay away from political comments and just concentrate on country music and having fun. According to Ms. Behar, HOW DARE THEY JUST ENTERTAIN PEOPLE?  I think we all need a break from DC, politics on both sides, the mid-term elections, immigration and all of the other stressors we all encounter on a daily basis. Thanks, CMA for a fun, relaxing show with lots of great music. 

1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

I read today that Joy was complaining that the Country Music Association Awards show was non-political. They had decided to stay away from political comments and just concentrate on country music and having fun. According to Ms. Behar, HOW DARE THEY JUST ENTERTAIN PEOPLE?  I think we all need a break from DC, politics on both sides, the mid-term elections, immigration and all of the other stressors we all encounter on a daily basis. Thanks, CMA for a fun, relaxing show with lots of great music. 

That isn't at all what she said. 

• Love 14

I read in The Washington Times, Fox News and the Daily Caller that she said these things. They all quoted her and also said that Whoopi Goldberg disagreed, saying that not everyone wants to tune into political commentary. I think Whoopi is trying to be more rational and Ms. Behar is losing her mind.

I watched the show and the video above (twice) and didn't see the "HOW DARE THEY JUST ENTERTAIN PEOPLE" comment from Joy.

I'm with Joy but the others (except Abby - she was perched on the fence) also made good points. 

I take my comfort shows to tune out as well. But watch enough news for sure on cable to be uncomfortable about our country.

• Love 6

Conservative media chomp at the bit to deliberately misinterpret anything Joy says.  The more controversy they can stir up, the better.  Fortunately she has a tough hide and will shrug it off unless the suits at ABC get nervous and make her apologize for something she didn't say (insulting nurses or Pence, for example).

Wheatthins, I just noticed your updated avatar.  LOL

• Love 8

hey wheat thins....I love your avatar however you spell it, she is such a raving NATURAL beauty, snort snort. Joy is the straight shooter, and yes, we are in a total crisis here in America, speak out everyone. Storm the streets! I love Joy. It as been so nice not to have RBM on Thursday and Friday and get our Joy fix without snark. 

• Love 3

No Fred but it was a nice tribute today for Joy. She protests too much about all the adoration but deep dowm inside she probably  loves it. I wish Steve and the rest of the family could have been there though.

• Love 3

I’m all for everyone voicing their opinions about politics. I’m certainly not a fan of MM but holy cow, Joy is over the top. She doesn’t seem to understand that she needs to respect the opinions of others as she expects them to respect hers.   I was taught from an early age to be kind, thoughtful, respectful and to keep my mouth shut if I couldn’t get someone else to agree with me. That’s okay.  Joy, perhaps, just perhaps you might be wrong about something. Ever think about that?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Joy has been around the block a few times.  I'm sure a pipsqueak like MM, does not bother her in the least.

The thing is, though, everyone has their limit, and, I think Joy is reaching hers.  She probably has plenty of money, a good husband, and, more importantly, a good dog.  She's too professional to break her contract, but, I won't be surprised if she doesn't renew.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I’m all for everyone voicing their opinions about politics. I’m certainly not a fan of MM but holy cow, Joy is over the top. She doesn’t seem to understand that she needs to respect the opinions of others as she expects them to respect hers.   I was taught from an early age to be kind, thoughtful, respectful and to keep my mouth shut if I couldn’t get someone else to agree with me. That’s okay.  Joy, perhaps, just perhaps you might be wrong about something. Ever think about that

Meghan basically told Joy to shut up today. You can look at the trail of who Joy gets along with to see what kind of person she is. That list even includes Ann Coulter of all people.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I’m all for everyone voicing their opinions about politics. I’m certainly not a fan of MM but holy cow, Joy is over the top. She doesn’t seem to understand that she needs to respect the opinions of others as she expects them to respect hers.   I was taught from an early age to be kind, thoughtful, respectful and to keep my mouth shut if I couldn’t get someone else to agree with me. That’s okay.  Joy, perhaps, just perhaps you might be wrong about something. Ever think about that?

What?

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Dahlia said:

And thennnnn? Whoppi throws to commercial.  She cannot moderate to save her life. Gahhh! 

Yes, Whoopi cannot moderate well, and never has.

At this point, it just doesn't matter because MM will not heed anyone or anything else.  She just keeps screeching louder and louder. 

So is MM trying to get fired so she can continue being a victim? And angry?  And get out of working at all?  

What is her end game?  

Idk.

I have never seen anyone on tv interact so badly, i.e., rudely, entitled, spoiled, ignorantly, trashily, low class, etc , (except Veruca Salt). 

• Love 15

I doubt it was Whoopi's choice to go to commercial - especially since producers and  make-up people raced to the stage immediately, according to the Daily Mail, iirc.

Nothing wrong with Joy honoring HW with The Clean Air Act and mention it being dismantled by Trump. Joy said she felt so clear about this it would make her a single issue voter IF she were one. The environment is not important to this administration and imo she was honoring 41 and every potus since then (including 43)  that did not tamper with it except to make it stronger in some ways. 

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

We were watching two different shows.  I was watching a show where Meghan INTERRUPTED Joy and then would not shut up long enough to let Joy finish her comment.

And then Meghan justified her interruption by saying she didn't care about Joy's opinion.  When Joy tried to finish, Meghan screeched over her. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

The thing is, though, everyone has their limit, and, I think Joy is reaching hers.  She probably has plenty of money, a good husband, and, more importantly, a good dog.  She's too professional to break her contract, but, I won't be surprised if she doesn't renew.

And she is increasingly well known. The world can be her oyster. 

• Love 6

I've said it before, but hopefully if Joy were to leave the show at the end of the season, she finally publishes that tell-all and throws the dirt out about everyone, including Whoopi (Meg's big defender) and the trash working behind-the-scenes at ABC. If they have no respect for someone who's been working at this show for 20 years with little to no issues, she should treat them with an equal lack of respect.

• Love 18