Type keyword(s) to search

Joy Behar: "So Whaat? Who Caaaares?"

• Start Topic

Queen of The View.

I really do hope she writes a book about all the behind-the-scenes shenanigans that went on one day (soon, hopefully). She’s the only one I’d trust to write it accurately. Whoopi, Elisabeth, Star, and Barbara would lie about too much to make themselves look good, Lisa would never write a book in the first place, and all other co-hosts weren’t around for enough of the series to write a book.

• Love 12

I think Meredith Vieira would write honestly & well, but she may be too busy with family matters & not want to undertake it.  Joy Behar could definitely write a good book if she wants to, & I hope she does.

• Love 7

I always laughed when Joy would say "who cares." But with all the Trump news she cares too much about him and everything else. I miss the sarcastic Joy but understand why she's the way she is now.

• Love 10
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:58 PM, sugarbaker design said:

According to the article, both properties have 3 bathrooms.

When you look at the floorplan, ALL three bathrooms are in one of three bedrooms.  Now I realize it's just Joy and Steve living there, but we can presume they'd use the Master Bath, then if they have guestrooms for their kids and grandkids, they'd use the other two bathrooms.  If Joy has, for example, 10 people for a Thanksgiving dinner or 30 people for a cocktail party, all these guests would have to go through one of these bedrooms to use the toilet.  That, to me, is awkward.  There's no bathroom accessible to the family/living rooms for party guests without going into/through a private bedroom. 

(ETA: At one point in my life, I was a realtor for about 10 years.  Noticing things like this is just an "occupational hazard" for me - LOL.)

Joy's condo.jpg

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, imjagain said:

Joy is hosting (?) The Roseanne special on 20/20.

I used to love the Roseanne show. I'm not sure now,  but absolutely adore Joy

I thought that special was going to be on tomorrow night since it was a 20/20 one. Hopefully they'll rerun it this weekend or I'll try and find it elsewhere.

I was scared for a second when I got a notification that Joy's thread had a new post after recent events.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I thought that special was going to be on tomorrow night since it was a 20/20 one. Hopefully they'll rerun it this weekend or I'll try and find it elsewhere.

I was scared for a second when I got a notification that Joy's thread had a new post after recent events.

I wish I know about it before hand. I was getting ready for bed turned on the tv and heard Joy's voice lol. Did she even promote it? If she did, I missed it.

Sorry to scare you, I spun around pretty quickly when I heard Joy.

Edited by imjagain

A lot of older apartments have bathrooms off the bedrooms.  Not that handy, but you are forced to keep your bedrooms neat!

On 2017-11-16 at 7:05 PM, Tunia said:

Pretty, with decent-sized rooms.  It suits her.

The only thing I dislike is that guests must enter a bedroom in order to access a bathroom.  That's pretty unusual.  There needs to be at least a lav for party guests, etc.

I guess this is more “Joy” related even though this video was posted on The View’s YouTube channel today, but I must say I am disgusted by the attempts to smear Joy by Fox News, Meghan, Ben Domenech, bots on Twitter, and “conservative” blogs. What a humiliating experience for her that she shouldn’t have had to apologize for. Omarosa, who worked in Trump’s whitehouse is the one who implied Pence was crazy, and IMMEDIATELY after Joy made that joke she clarified in real time that she didn’t think Pence was mentally ill—she even sort of complimented him in a backhand way saying she wishes he were president. It is just gross to see the attempts to take words out of context and try to make people disappear. The big irony is that The New Yorker published a piece at the end of the summer that revealed how much Pence’s boss makes fun of his religion. There was no Fox News creating videos telling viewers to “call 1800ProtectChristians” to bring down Pence’s boss. I just feel bad for Joy because she’s 75 years old, has been at this job for years, and she doesn’t deserve this BS. 

• Love 14

I'd hardly say Pence has grace and accepted Joy's apology when he scurries over to FOX to blab all about. Especially since I thought there was supposed to be some kind of separation of church and state and Pence was standing up for HIS 10's of millions flock.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I'd hardly say Pence has graced and accepted Joy's apology when he scurries over to FOX to blah all about. Especially since I thought there was supposed to be some kind of separation of church and state and Pence was standing up for HIS 10's of millions flock.

Exactly. She called and apologized and she already clarified the comments to CHRISTIAN AMERICA a day after it happened. Pence going on Hannity demanding an apology for Christian American is another attempt to smear her. If it was something with Pence’s boss, Pence would have said “they addressed it privately.” Give me a break. People who watched The View or the whole segment were not offended. The more disrespectful part of that segment was Meghan calling Sunny “liberal” and acting like Sunny was less “Prolife” than Meghan. 

We have a news network—a NEWS network—taking Joy’s comments out of context and literally telling viewers to get Joy fired. Then they undermine Oprah’s faith a couple weeks later even though they are the alleged fighters for faith. I wonder if Joy will want to put up with this BS for another season. 

• Love 10

The Right is thirsty to take down a liberal face like Joy Behar. I wouldn't even doubt if Meghan only joined The View because of the chance to try it.

But, like I said in the media thread, I don't really expect anything to come of it. They likely have been receiving a large amount of phone calls/e-mails right now, but unless the ratings went down, nothing will happen and this'll all blow over until the next View controversy just like it always does. Considering how much the show has improved in the ratings since they bribed Joy back to the show and the fact that she still has another year on her contract, she's still an asset to ABC.

I will give Whoopi credit because she's stood by Joy and ABC vehemently. I knew Sara and Sunny would support Joy, but I thought Whoopi might use this as an opportunity to get her out since things were tense between them when Joy first returned (Whoopi's power control issues).

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I will give Whoopi credit because she's stood by Joy and ABC vehemently. I knew Sara and Sunny would support Joy, but I thought Whoopi might use this as an opportunity to get her out since things were tense between them when Joy first returned (Whoopi's power control issues).

I can't see Whoopi appearing to take Meghan's side against Joy.  I think this panel (minus Meghan of course) gel really well together.  I think they have each other's back.  And they all know Meghan wouldn't hesitate to stab them in their backs.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mimi said:

Good question! My cable guide listed Joy Behar as a guest today along with Cirque de Soleil’s Volta.

Joy came accross as a bit stressed out and off today (Friday). This could explain why she bailed out on WW. (Although she would have taped on Thursday)

Also at the end of the View , Joy mentioned that she was taking time off from watching TV.

The amount of pressure she is under, has to be insane, imo. 

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Joy came accross as a bit stressed out and off today (Friday). This could explain why she bailed out on WW. (Although she would have taped on Thursday)

Also at the end of the View , Joy mentioned that she was taking time off from watching TV.

She said she was going to be home not watching the news.  I do that from time to time, myself.  She seemed fine to me today.  Bailing on Wendy is not hard to imagine.  LOL

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Wings said:

She said she was going to be home not watching the news.  I do that from time to time, myself.  She seemed fine to me today.  Bailing on Wendy is not hard to imagine.  LOL

Right the news.lol. I do that too  (for my blood pressure and sanity;-) )

I was surprised that she skipped WW because Joy is professional.

I also think that she might not want to speak about Roseanne.

Joy looked over it at time on the View.

She also have trouble focusing when monitoring, imo.

• Love 3

Joy is 75 and vagueness is part of the territory.  

10 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Joy looked over it at time on the View.

She also have trouble focusing when monitoring, imo.

• Love 3
(edited)

I didn't notice anything wrong with her today, aside from her hair being a little frumpy. I think she's a good moderator, though not as good as Meredith. The reason I was never excited about the idea of Joy being the moderator is because I assumed she wouldn't be able to talk as much in that role, but I'd say everyone at the table seems to get more speaking time on Joy Friday's. I think it's partly because Whoopi's rants are so long, confused, and meandering, but also because people are less cowed into silence when Whoopi's out. Everything feels more organic w/out Whoopi and especially Meghan.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

The right has been using her to decry Roseanne's firing.  They are equating her harmless joke about Pence to Roseanne's racist tweet..

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

For anyone interested Joy will be on The Van Jones Show tomorrow night on CNN @ 7pm. 

I hope Joy tells him to get off his Kumbaya schtick about reaching out to people who would never vote for a Democrat.  Van is out of touch. I like him, but, his naivete grates..

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hope Joy tells him to get off his Kumbaya schtick about reaching out to people who would never vote for a Democrat.  Van is out of touch. I like him, but, his naivete grates..

Exactly. I like him too but playing soft-ball doesn't work anymore.

• Love 7

As others have noted in the Episodes thread, Joy just doesn't seem to be herself this new season.  Not sure if it's the changes on the show itself or if she's even more depressed about the "new guy".  She looks tired, both in her demeanor and in her physical appearance.  I do hope she's OK healthwise and that this is just something temporary.  She needs to get her spark back.  I, for one, miss it.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Tunia said:

As others have noted in the Episodes thread, Joy just doesn't seem to be herself this new season.  Not sure if it's the changes on the show itself or if she's even more depressed about the "new guy".  She looks tired, both in her demeanor and in her physical appearance.  I do hope she's OK healthwise and that this is just something temporary.  She needs to get her spark back.  I, for one, miss it.

I've noticed too. I think this show is bringing her down. 

• Love 4

We'll, Joy had to go out of her way to tell Van Jones she and Nutmeg are friends.  They go out drinking and Nutmeg can out drink her. A little tired of hearing that storyline. Tell me something else.  She more or less alluded to Abby being reserved. Not happy with her becoming part of the Meghan McCain fan club. Her demeanor on air sure hasn't shown her love for the bitch. Will be interesting to see how things go when the chosen one returns. 

• Love 10

It's been obvious for a while that the people behind-the-scenes are making her and Sunny both push this friends narrative to improve McCain's image. Maybe they wouldn't have to do damage control if McCain hadn't decided to use her time on The View to be a rude, hateful, and condescending asshole to Joy daily. I wouldn't blame Joy for ditching this shitshow at the end of the season. First they enable McCain's behavior towards her and now Joy has do the rounds trying to repair the spoiled brat's image. They really treat their employees well at The View, don't they?

• Love 15
19 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Just found Joy on the Van Jones show on youtube...wow wow wow....TELL IT JOY...she is so wonderful and LAYS IT OUT.....give it a look if you can gals,, it is pure Joy! 

I love seeing her in a setting outside of The View.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Joy will be a guest on The Beat with Ari Melber tomorrow - 6pm on MSNBC. 

Thank you for posting this. I usually have MSNBC on, but I pause a lot, and unless I record, eventually I run out of buffer. I record Nicolle's show and the later evening shows, but skip Chuck Todd, Ari, and Chris Matthews. I likely would have missed this. 

• Love 4