Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Bad Weather Betrayal

• Start Topic

The Arizona girls trip goes from bad to worse when Whitney and Heather face off; Jen leaves the trip early for pretrial meetings in New York; Whitney reunites with her siblings to seek answers on her past; the women speculate about Jen's trial.

Airdate: 10.19.2022

Once again, MORE salty things have happened in the offseason.  Until they are mentioned in an episode, do not discuss them in the episode threads.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

It is so confusing to watch this when 1. I’ve had too much wine and 2. The lingerie is so disturbing and wrong. As I type this, Crystal Pussy the twerking instructor shows up.

While this is weird, it is also extremely unenjoyable.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17

Okay, now I understand why Whitney suggested Arizona for their big trip: 2 birds, extra screen time.

Not looking to discount her actual trauma, but certain things should be dealt with offscreen. 

• Like 3
  • Love 21
9 hours ago, rlc said:

Okay, now I understand why Whitney suggested Arizona for their big trip: 2 birds, extra screen time.

Not looking to discount her actual trauma, but certain things should be dealt with offscreen. 

Agree.  Convenient that Whitney remembered her trauma while being on this show.  And what is the trauma? She said that her sister and brother experienced different traumas than her.  So all this trauma had to do with the father I guess.  Whitney ruined everyone's weekend.  She's a sloppy, instigating drunk.  Judging by the lack of comments here, I'd say posters are done with this franchise.  

• Like 2
  • Love 9

I was surprised by how much the Meredith/Lisa hug moved me! Maybe because I was so focused on the Bad Weather tension. And Meredith’s story about Scottsdale was both sweet and sad. Meredith was really the MVP this episode, explaining to everyone about the law at the end, and being self-deprecating during the twerking lesson. 

Heather: “YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT LISA GIVING BLOWIES FOR UTAH JAZZ TICKETS!”

Lisa (near tears): “Okay, can we please stop saying that? It’s really hurting my feelings”.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

I really don't know what to think of Jenn and her desire to have that stupid and cringeworthy Trash Whore Lingerie Party and then have her make up person named Crystal Pussy (I know, not her real name), come out and twerk like she has to pay Jenn's rent, I think she likes to say the "P" word thinking it is making her seem sexy, empowered, edgy, but it is quite the opposite, it looks desperate, stupid, juvenile, etc...it is almost as if these women have just discovered sex and sexuality.  I gotta figure that Brooks Marks is watching this episode thru his fingers cringing while wearing a Gucci sweat suit because his are not high end enough, lol.

1 minute ago, SweetieDarling said:

Do they not sell lipstick in Utah? Are they required to wear only the palest of pink lipstick? It's kind of distracting to see them all glammed with pale lips

It is hard to keep it on when you are constantly swilling booze, just ask Whitney.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I am completely weirded out by the way Whitney's sister keeps putting her hands on Whitney's head. 

I got a strange vibe from all of them.

We never learned what the trauma was for Whitney and the half steps had different trauma...did any of them once mention their father, his whereabouts, his drug use or rehab? The word "Trauma" has been thrown around a lot with no real explanation, either spill it or shut up.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12

Loving Heather going after Whitney, calling out her "difficult situation" as the spreading of the rumors about Lisa. Whitney is pissed off deeply hurt that Heather wouldn't back her in spreading nasty rumors about Lisa. 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I got a strange vibe from all of them.

We never learned what the trauma was for Whitney and the half steps had different trauma...did any of them once mention their father, his whereabouts, his drug use or rehab? The word "Trauma" has been thrown around a lot with no real explanation, either spill it or shut up.

I'm so confused about this. Does Whitney remember the trauma, or is she just going off of what her brother is saying he remembers?  Their father is pretty messed up, and I don't doubt that there was abuse in the households, but she's never said she actually remembers any of it happening, which makes her reactions seem a bit extreme. jmo.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

Heather, please, Jen won't be forced to plea guilty if she is innocent. She is not innocent. What a way to pretend she is not guilty. And she and the rest presented her former assistant (who plead guilty and presumably provided damning info about Jen) as a traitor. But they threw her under the bus anyway by saying that you plea if you can name a bigger fish in the fraud scheme by impying (Meredith did) that Jen is the leader/bigger fish!

Whitney conveniently remembered the abuse during filming like others mentioned. Isn't it better to do this privately? For sure she is very comfortable prancing around in lingerie, and posing for the camera.

And more proof that even relatives and long term friends will choose famewhoring to those relationships (Heather/Whitney). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

I can not get past the Jen love. It makes me sick. The woman is a criminal. Using and abusing the elderly. WTF is wrong with these people? 

Whitney was always a shit stirring asshole. I love Heather going at her. Whitney always making it about herself. Right on, Heather!

• Like 2
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I am completely weirded out by the way Whitney's sister keeps putting her hands on Whitney's head. 

This.  I was so annoyed with it.  The way she kept touching her hair, pulling her head in, so handsy.  I couldn't watch the scene for the hand on the head.  Get your hands off me!, I would have screamed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
Just now, SweetieDarling said:

Heather had the best lines of the night:

"Tonight was supposed to be hot girls in lingerie gnawing away at hunks of meat"..."and now I'm a liar in lingerie without a steak to be found"

"I fell asleep in a pile of milk duds"

It is comments like that that lead me to believe watching her eat lunch would have been more amusing that it was, (Heather does some sort of lunch with Heather show, not even sure how I found it but it was just watching her order lunch, eat it and look at her computer). 

She is really funny.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I really don't know what to think of Jenn and her desire to have that stupid and cringeworthy Trash Whore Lingerie Party and then have her make up person named Crystal Pussy (I know, not her real name), come out and twerk like she has to pay Jenn's rent, I think she likes to say the "P" word thinking it is making her seem sexy, empowered, edgy, but it is quite the opposite, it looks desperate, stupid, juvenile, etc...it is almost as if these women have just discovered sex and sexuality. 

The main problem is that it's not coming about organically. Its all over the top and deliberate...and therefore comes across as being fake, because well....

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Whitney was always a shit stirring asshole. I love Heather going at her. Whitney always making it about herself. Right on, Heather!

She never really bothered me much during the first two seasons because I kind of viewed her as wallpaper  but that has changed for me over the past few episodes.  Now I find her insufferable.  If she was legitimately abused I have sympathy for her and hope she gets whatever help she needs.  The rest of her bullshit though does not get a pass from me.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

Added to my list of things I never want to see on the Housewives again:

Past abuse storylines (my deepest sympathies to Anyone who suffered abuse, but these trash shows are my escape from reality.)

Twerking. God, I’m old, cuz Ew. Stop. Just, STOP. 

• Like 3
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, swankie said:

Whitney is a fruitcake!  That is all...

And not even in a fun to watch way. She’s exhausting and annoying. I don’t care about her or her family, sorry. 

• Like 2
  • Love 9

This show has become almost unwatchable. I am not buying Whitney's trauma which conveniently surfaced just in time for filming.

And did the producers ask the women to be completely stupid regarding plea deals and flipping someone. Has anyone who has watched any kind of television or movie that oblivious regarding a plea deal? Yes Meredith is a lawyer but it doesn't require three years of law school - just a few hours of watching Law & Order or the equivalent .

And it is amazing that Jen Shah didn't plead earlier but chose to amass large legal fees in a futile action. As Meredith said, there is over a 90% conviction rate in the Southern District because they don't bring a case to trial frivolously. And with a white color crime ring that they have been investigating for years, they have all of the paperwork in place - it's not like a street crime where you are depending on witnesses or circumstantial evidence.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Put me on the Whitney hater train. She is way out of control and then to expect Heather to back her up when Heather specifically said she did not hear it. I was firmly on Heathers side. Also, Heather didn't push her into the wall, when Whitney came at her she tried to move around her and Whitney being the drunk she is stumbled into the wall.

As for criminal Jen, she will be in debt forever with the lawyer fees. Mock Trials are not cheap.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9

They threw this season together much too quickly in order to get as much of Jens real life drama as possible. Now we’re stuck with these terrible filler episodes.
Initially, I thought Whitney discovered she was sexually abused but now I’m not sure what happened and I really don’t care. All the half siblings and their trauma needs to be handled off camera if there’s any reality to it. Trauma can mean so many things. It’s sounds like this word was chosen to cover their asses. 

The only one who looked decent at the lingerie party was Lisa. At one point I had paused the show and couldn’t unpause it right away. The frozen screen was Whitney’s ass during one of her storm offs and it’s something I never want to see again.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Oneofem said:

Wowza, sure fooled me!  I couldn’t make myself re-watch, but just confirms the weakness of much witness testimony. 

I thought Whitney came up forcefully on Heather and Heather gave her a shove out of her space.

What was the twerk teachers name? Crystal Pussy? There is something wrong with Bravo for putting that on the show. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

They threw this season together much too quickly in order to get as much of Jens real life drama as possible. Now we’re stuck with these terrible filler episodes.
Initially, I thought Whitney discovered she was sexually abused but now I’m not sure what happened and I really don’t care. All the half siblings and their trauma needs to be handled off camera if there’s any reality to it. Trauma can mean so many things. It’s sounds like this word was chosen to cover their asses. 

The only one who looked decent at the lingerie party was Lisa. At one point I had paused the show and couldn’t unpause it right away. The frozen screen was Whitney’s ass during one of her storm offs and it’s something I never want to see again.

I agree as lingerie parties as well as mediums, roaring 20 themes and a host of other "themes" should be banned

Who is the audience for seeing women in lingerie - without being sexist I would think the housewives audience are women and gay men - and neither of them are watching to see women's tits and asses.

I do have to give props to Heather for being willing to display her body in scanty lingerie for posterity. I don't think her figure is terrible FWIW but it obviously is the size in which the internet trolls can be cruel so kudooze to quote Ramona. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, amarante said:

I agree as lingerie parties as well as mediums, roaring 20 themes and a host of other "themes" should be banned

Who is the audience for seeing women in lingerie - without being sexist I would think the housewives audience are women and gay men - and neither of them are watching to see women's tits and asses.

I do have to give props to Heather for being willing to display her body in scanty lingerie for posterity. I don't think her figure is terrible FWIW but it obviously is the size in which the internet trolls can be cruel so kudooze to quote Ramona. 

Yes, I think their goal is to celebrate plus size women in scanty outfits but I think it backfires and ends up in a lot of meanness and trolling online. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Yes, I think their goal is to celebrate plus size women in scanty outfits but I think it backfires and ends up in a lot of meanness and trolling online. 

You are much kinder than I am because I don't think the goal of BRAVO or the producers is to "celebrate" women in any way, shape or form. 

I don't find the show aspirational and the producers relish showing the wives in the worst possible light.

I don't think that any member of production said Yes - we will have a lingerie party to show that we aren't "sizist". I mean most of the women on every franchise are thin or even verging on anorexic - Heather is a complete outlier in terms of size. The WOC tend to be a bit larger than the Caucasian women (although not fat) but that is partially because culturally that extreme slenderness is not seen as the epitome of female body shape. There are obviously some very slender WOC on these various shows like Candiace but they tend to be exceptions and voluptuousness is much more the ideal. Many of them are incredibly fit like Sherree Whitfield but still not built like a toothpick. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I agree most of the Housewives are very thin. BH in particular has always had a lot of tiny women-Rinna, Dorit, Camille, Brandi, Taylor, Joyce, etc.

I think all women should enjoy lingerie even if they’re not skinny or built like Whitney, but I don’t get the point of the lingerie themed parties when as said above, Bravo audience is mostly women and gay men. We don’t tune in for T&A.

• Applause 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I thought Whitney came up forcefully on Heather and Heather gave her a shove out of her space.

What was the twerk teachers name? Crystal Pussy? There is something wrong with Bravo for putting that on the show. 

That is what I saw.  And because Whitney was so drunk she wasn't stable on her feet.  Do we know what TYPE of abuse she is alleging?  Was her dad negligent, verbally abusive, physically abusive or sexually abusive?  Cause I thought originally it was sexual but it was sounding that he was negligent.  Either way, I don't want to sound callous, a reality show about drunk rich women is not the medium for this sort of thing.  Whitney needs to be cut either way.  She needs therapy for something and she bugs me.

• Love 8
On 10/20/2022 at 2:29 PM, Pi237 said:

Added to my list of things I never want to see on the Housewives again:

Past abuse storylines (my deepest sympathies to Anyone who suffered abuse, but these trash shows are my escape from reality.)

Twerking. 

3 hours ago, amarante said:

Add drag queens and I'm right there with you!  (although to be fair they're not showing up on HW shows but too much on other reality shows)

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, princelina said:

Add drag queens and I'm right there with you!  (although to be fair they're not showing up on HW shows but too much on other reality shows)

I am pretty dedicated to Housewives and there is only so much time in the day so HW don't seem to have the queens. 

And for whatever reason there don't seem to be the amount of "gay husbands" that were on in the early days. I am thinking of Atlanta which had Dwight and the other guy who sang - can't remember his name who made very regular appearances. I didn't mind them at all as I thought they were both excellent supporting cast members - just commenting that there doesn't seem to be the equivalent gay male friends recently.

Teaching housewives to twerk or use the stripper pole also should go. 

Anything having to do with crystals; bowls that you hit with a gong or guided meditation or any form of yoga including on a surf board or with goats

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Do we know what TYPE of abuse she is alleging?  Was her dad negligent, verbally abusive, physically abusive or sexually abusive?  Cause I thought originally it was sexual but it was sounding that he was negligent.  Either way, I don't want to sound callous, a reality show about drunk rich women is not the medium for this sort of thing.  Whitney needs to be cut either way.  She needs therapy for something and she bugs me.

Whitney was  vague at first about the abuse, but when she met with her half-brother & half-sister, she then said something about someone they all trusted.  In the earlier episode when she was crying about it to Justin, she said something about the bathroom.

My guess would be a family friend, uncle, pastor...someone like that, who the family trusted, who abused her as a little girl, as he was always welcomed in the home.

We know her dad's had a drug/alcohol problem for years, so it's possible he either didn't know, or turned a blind eye (I'm sure it was the latter).  

But what about her mom?  I probably missed it amongst the stripper poles and upside-down drunk dancing on the bicycle drinking van (sooooo stupid), but where is her mom?

Whitney exhibits so many child sexual abuse signs:  over-sexualizing as an adult woman, even dressing in that stupid lingerie get-up on national TV, AFTER re-living the abuse, the stripper poles, etc.  And her marriage to Justin, a "father figure" who is kindly, and will "protect" her.  All signs.  Justin does seem like a nice guy, so at least there's that.  

Either way, I feel terrible for her that, as it sounds, she bore the brunt of the abuse, and no one protected her.

My wish for Whitney would be that she resign from the show and seek intensive therapy.  EMDR would be her friend.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Whitney was  vague at first about the abuse, but when she met with her half-brother & half-sister, she then said something about someone they all trusted.  In the earlier episode when she was crying about it to Justin, she said something about the bathroom.

My guess would be a family friend, uncle, pastor...someone like that, who the family trusted, who abused her as a little girl, as he was always welcomed in the home.

We know her dad's had a drug/alcohol problem for years, so it's possible he either didn't know, or turned a blind eye (I'm sure it was the latter).  

But what about her mom?  I probably missed it amongst the stripper poles and upside-down drunk dancing on the bicycle drinking van (sooooo stupid), but where is her mom?

Whitney exhibits so many child sexual abuse signs:  over-sexualizing as an adult woman, even dressing in that stupid lingerie get-up on national TV, AFTER re-living the abuse, the stripper poles, etc.  And her marriage to Justin, a "father figure" who is kindly, and will "protect" her.  All signs.  Justin does seem like a nice guy, so at least there's that.  

Either way, I feel terrible for her that, as it sounds, she bore the brunt of the abuse, and no one protected her.

My wish for Whitney would be that she resign from the show and seek intensive therapy.  EMDR would be her friend.

She also mentioned generational abuse.

5 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

She also mentioned generational abuse.

She did say that.  Interesting, as I didn't understand what that meant.  

Did she ever clarify that?  Since she said it was a "trusted" person, I took that to mean someone who was in their home often, as even the type of family friend you call "uncle".  

It could have been her dad.  She may never clarify it on this show.

Again, therapy, please Whitney.  Therapy.

And please, girl.....clothes, ON.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, amarante said:

You are much kinder than I am because I don't think the goal of BRAVO or the producers is to "celebrate" women in any way, shape or form. 

I don't find the show aspirational and the producers relish showing the wives in the worst possible light.

I don't think that any member of production said Yes - we will have a lingerie party to show that we aren't "sizist". I mean most of the women on every franchise are thin or even verging on anorexic - Heather is a complete outlier in terms of size. The WOC tend to be a bit larger than the Caucasian women (although not fat) but that is partially because culturally that extreme slenderness is not seen as the epitome of female body shape. There are obviously some very slender WOC on these various shows like Candiace but they tend to be exceptions and voluptuousness is much more the ideal. Many of them are incredibly fit like Sherree Whitfield but still not built like a toothpick. 

Let me rephrase. I think if called out they would say they are showing women of all sizes but in reality, I think they are putting these women on for laughs. Heather seems confident so good for her. I think the twerk teacher was put on as a joke. Personally, I don’t want to see any housewives in lingerie no matter what size.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Let me rephrase. I think if called out they would say they are showing women of all sizes but in reality, I think they are putting these women on for laughs. Heather seems confident so good for her. I think the twerk teacher was put on as a joke. Personally, I don’t want to see any housewives in lingerie no matter what size.

Yes - totally agree as they would indeed use plausible deniability as they have with other issues that needed to be shoved under the rug.

However I don't think that body shaming would ever rise to the level of BRAVO giving a rat's ass about. Even death threats have not elicited a strong response from BRAVO but just the most tepid of "that is not nice" from Andy on the BH reunion recently.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Do you think Whitney's little girl voice can also be a sign? I've heard some people say a childlike voice could be the result of childhood trauma, but I've also read it's a myth. I do know people who've been abused and have similar voices, not sure if it's coincidental or what. 

I agree that Justin does seem like a nice man. I'm sure he's supportive of her healing journey.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Do you think Whitney's little girl voice also be a sign? I've heard some people say a childlike voice could be the result of childhood trauma, but I've also read it's a myth. I do know people who've been abused and have similar voices, not sure if it's coincidental or what. 

Oh wow, yes, I never thought of that.  

But yes, she slips into that little girl voice, while dressing in extremely sexy outfits, while stripping on a pole for her pseudo-dad (Justin), while maintaining a tiny waif figure of a pre-teen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Do you think Whitney's little girl voice can also be a sign? I've heard some people say a childlike voice could be the result of childhood trauma, but I've also read it's a myth. I do know people who've been abused and have similar voices, not sure if it's coincidental or what. 

I agree that Justin does seem like a nice man. I'm sure he's supportive of her healing journey.

The little girl voice could be a sign, but some women who were not abuse use it, as well, with men (especially men), and other women. It shows "vulnerability", and "helplessness". I put the words in quotation marks because these women are not that vulnerable, or helpless. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2022 at 10:03 AM, SweetieDarling said:

I'm so confused about this. Does Whitney remember the trauma, or is she just going off of what her brother is saying he remembers?  Their father is pretty messed up, and I don't doubt that there was abuse in the households, but she's never said she actually remembers any of it happening, which makes her reactions seem a bit extreme. jmo.

She didn't say she remembered, she said her brother did. 

When my parents divorced, because my father cheated, it was traumatizing.  Whitney's brother and sister were abandoned by their father and then their father started a new family.  That could be the trauma they are talking about.  Especially  being Morman, the stigma of divorce was even higher.  He may have done the same to Whitney's immediate family. Plus his drug addiction.  

• Hugs 3
  • Useful 2
On 10/22/2022 at 9:51 AM, RealHousewife said:

It is totally one of the signs.  I’m not a doctor or psychologist but I’ve seen this before, the sexy baby persona.  The person doesn’t even realize they are doing it sometimes.  Abuse can really fuck a person up.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3

My heart goes out to anyone who was abandoned by a parent. I can absolutely see how that would be traumatic for a child and still painful to think about as an adult. I don't think that's what Whitney or her siblings are referring to thought. Whitney said her trauma was so bad she doesn't remember her childhood. She also wondered if Justin would look at her differently. So far she can't bring herself to even say what what the abuse was, and they did say they all experienced different abuse by the same person. My guess is all the siblings probably experienced physical/mental abuse, but it sounds like Whitney was sexually abused. :( 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 10/23/2022 at 5:42 PM, RealHousewife said:

Whitney said her trauma was so bad she doesn't remember her childhood.

I don't quite know what to make of this.  She said she couldn't remember her childhood when she was 17.  I was 17 as a Senior in High School; she doesn't remember being in High School at all?  I'm not saying this didn't happen; I'm saying I find it odd, and if true, I think she needs some serious help.  No snark.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 10/21/2022 at 5:43 PM, Natalie68 said:

That is what I saw.  And because Whitney was so drunk she wasn't stable on her feet.  Do we know what TYPE of abuse she is alleging?  Was her dad negligent, verbally abusive, physically abusive or sexually abusive?  Cause I thought originally it was sexual but it was sounding that he was negligent.  Either way, I don't want to sound callous, a reality show about drunk rich women is not the medium for this sort of thing.  Whitney needs to be cut either way.  She needs therapy for something and she bugs me.

I’m late watching this but I agree with you. Whitney is drunk most of the time and all over the place. It’s frustrating to hear the cryptic conversations about the abuse. I don’t think this show is the right forum to explore this, and making veiled comments isn’t really any better. It’s frustrating to viewers because we don’t know what she’s talking about. I don’t want to start speculating and filing in the gaps. Talk about it privately! Whitney really needs therapy, and not with a reality show therapist who wants to be on TV!

I’m not saying she didn’t have trauma, but I don’t remember much of my childhood outside of big events. My husband doesn’t either, nor do several of my friends. Memories can fade as time goes on. I also think she exaggerated when she said she remembered nothing until 17, because in another scene with her half siblings she talked about the “memories” they shared. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 3