Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Searching for Sereni-tea

• Start Topic

Whitney plans a girl's trip to Arizona to support Jen, but is blindsided when Meredith shares an alleged rumour about Lisa; Jen gets emotional support from her mum; Lisa talks to Jack about his future; an emotional experience inspires the women.

Airdate: 10.05.2022

Once again, MORE salty things have happened in the offseason.  Until they are mentioned in an episode, do not discuss them in the episode threads.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

Watching Jen cry and complain that she can’t go on because of all the negative comments and she does deserve it because she didn’t do anything is just hard to stomach.  We know she deserves what she’s getting because she’s guilty!  She did this to herself and her family because she is greedy.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 16

Meredith & Whitney's conversation about Lisa was badly acted and so obviously out of the 'throw the rumor out there, then pretend you don't believe it."   housewives playbook.

Whitney's demon bathrooms scene with her husband, she looked like she was drunk or going to start laughing.  Of course, I feel bad for her if she was abused but this is all feeling like bad improv. This cast is just not good at making the storylines appear organic.

• Sad 1
  • Love 7

That's how I arrange my charcuterie board too in the middle of winter: wearing the tightest leather leggins, and a cropped tank top which makes breathing difficult. 🙄 At least Whitney's hair (short bob) is cute.

After Erika Girardi of the Beverly Hills HWs we have to listen to Jen....Too much for one night.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Also, really tired of these conversations where things are hinted at and implied, but no one really says anything. I think I'm getting over the housewives franchise altogether. Every episode is like deja vu, regardless of location or cast.

• Like 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

Also, really tired of these conversations where things are hinted at and implied, but no one really says anything. I think I'm getting over the housewives franchise altogether. Every episode is like deja vu, regardless of location or cast.

I'm down to SLC and Potomac. I am about 2 episodes away to just Potomac.

• Love 1

Seriously what is UP with all the charcuterie boards on Bravo shows? They were all over Beverly Hills as well. It's like the pickle ball of snacks on this network!

Nobody believes or feels sorry for you Jen. Sorry not sorry.

I think something must have happened to Whitney when she was young. Maybe a reality show is not the best venue to address it.

I've decided my next side hustle is to acquire a bunch of crystals, sage, and teas, and hit up wealthy miserable housewives for healing sessions.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

I’m not prejudging Whitney’s potential past abuse, though I do sideeye everything about her saga-ing cleanser ‘therapist’ - if it is true, I feel really bad for her. BUT… dear god, what is that talking head look? I was watching a fb video today about hairstyles of the past that had a big 80s look, and it’s all I could think of. That was like Olivia Newton-John ‘Physical’ cosplay - eep.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

FWIW charcuterie boards are super trendy which is why they are appearing. Also easy to order and to send as a gift. There are cookbooks that are only charcuterie board recipes.

The next trend is evidently butter boards in which you serve a board or platter with butter spread out that has been seasoned or has other ingredients on it. Very instagram evidently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I have seen 3 charcuterie boards so far this episode.

Don't forget to add in the 1920's parties that show up on every single HW show.

Lingerie parties happen a lot too, last thing I would do would put on lacy bras and panties and sit around a friends basement. Why would my friends want to see me in my lingerie is as much as a mystery as to why they think I want to see them in theirs.  Why does Jenn Shah think we want to see her in stretch lace anything is beyond me.

13 minutes ago, amarante said:

The next trend is evidently butter boards in which you serve a board or platter with butter spread out that has been seasoned or has other ingredients on it. Very instagram evidently.

I have heard of them, I understand they come with statins and beta blockers as garnish.

My yoga teacher did a cacao ceremony, I did not partake, did not want to pay whatever to drink cacao, I do not like chocolate.  All these healers on the HW's shows have got to know they are ineffective and seem silly, right?  

2 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Lisa’s look of panic when talking to her son: ‘this is Not what we rehearsed! He’s going off script!’  

At this point those parents are acting like they do not even know their kid, they have no idea where his interests lie.  Asking a 17 or 18 old kid if they want to go to college is a little silly, give that kid info about some different colleges and options and then have a conversation about future plans. 

Whitney's repressed memories should be explored but doing it on camera would give anxiety, get help, suss facts, feelings, etc...out then tell your story on camera, so much to unpack why worry about the camera angles and retakes, that would get in the way of healing and learning I would think.

Every one of the husbands that dropped off their wives at the airport did a happy dance back to their cars.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Lisa’s look of panic when talking to her son: ‘this is Not what we rehearsed! He’s going off script!’  

I thought it was interesting that for a second they seemed to focus on her son clenching his fists during this convo.  

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I actually feel for Jack because having a mother like Lisa would be horrible but you reap what you sow.  They wanted to play for TV that he, too, like Meredith’s son, had a business of his own  when it’s obvious to everyone else that there is no way that he did this from scratch without a LOT of help from his parents & now he believes he’s a phenom.  Suck it Lisa - another person who started on third & thinks they hit a home run.

• Applause 5
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

At this point those parents are acting like they do not even know their kid, they have no idea where his interests lie.  Asking a 17 or 18 old kid if they want to go to college is a little silly, give that kid info about some different colleges and options and then have a conversation about future plans. 

And, Lisa offered nothing in the way of reasons for college, except that she also went to college.  If he wants to be successful at business, earning a degree in business, marketing, etc would be a start.  

• Love 8

Heather seemed not to believe Whitney's abuse story (she appeared to be surprised). 

Meredith is out for blood after Lisa's rant last year. They are both on a reality show, didn't they realize before they joined that ugly secrets might be revealed? They all think they can control their narratives/storylines. They probably thought they would protect each other because they were close friends for 10 years. Well, that's another friendship going down the drain because of famewhoring. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ZettaK said:

That's how I arrange my charcuterie board too in the middle of winter: wearing the tightest leather leggins, and a cropped tank top which makes breathing difficult.

Meredith obviously doesn't expect much from Whitney...the way she asked if Whitney had prepared the board herself I expected to see something impressively displayed and then when the camera panned to it I burst out laughing.

• LOL 3
36 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Heather seemed not to believe Whitney's abuse story (she appeared to be surprised). 

I caught that look, too. Can't wait to see what that's all about.

36 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Meredith is out for blood after Lisa's rant last year.

I don't blame her. If my best friend said those awful things about me there would be no forgiving. Some things you just can't come back from. 

I can't believe all the Jen love. Are they all ok with what she did?  The whole thing is very disingenuous and for me will be the downfall of this season. Also, looks like Whitney is the star of the season. I'm not here for that, either. The Lisa and Whitney friendship feels fake to me, too. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't blame her. If my best friend said those awful things about me there would be no forgiving. Some things you just can't come back from. 

I don't either. Lisa said horrible things about her supposedly best friend, and the only explanation she provided for was that Meredith claimed her house's remodeling was ugly. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, nexxie said:

Wow, that scene with Whitney and her husband about abuse. 

I had to FF it.  I don't like this story at all.  Seems too big to be on reality tv.  Every time she spoke of it, FF.

19 hours ago, ZettaK said:

That's how I arrange my charcuterie board too in the middle of winter: wearing the tightest leather leggins, and a cropped tank top which makes breathing difficult. 🙄 At least Whitney's hair (short bob) is cute.

After Erika Girardi of the Beverly Hills HWs we have to listen to Jen....Too much for one night.

The charcuterie boards were like a 5th HW.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
23 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Saw this not too long ago:

A charcuterie board is a tacit admission that there isn’t any bread in the house.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12
15 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I had to FF it.  I don't like this story at all.  Seems too big to be on reality tv.  Every time she spoke of it, FF.

It does seem pretty big for public viewing, but I was able to watch. Narcissism causes great harm to people too, and these shows have been helpful in showing the tactics around that - maybe there will be some lessons in Whitney’s story too.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I loved Heather's reaction to Whitney's "I don't remember anything between 9 and 17" {paraphrasing}  Really, Whitney, nothing?  High School Graduation, first date, holidays?  I thought the Recovered Memory Movement of the '80s was thoroughly discredited years ago.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Meredith mentioned during the healing session that she had anxiety about participating and that she felt triggered because the last time they were on a trip together her father's death was weaponized against her. Interestingly it was Whitney and Jenn with help from Heather that were doing that, not Lisa. They were the ones pushing that whole "why weren't you on the van and what day was your father's funeral and did you call the feds" narrative. Jenn particularly clung to it. IIRC Lisa didn't have much to do with it. The ladies also for days were getting in Lisa's ear about how Meredith isn't her friend. And then of course Lisa had her meltdown. That whole Zion trip last season was just a toxic mess from beginning to end. I understand Mer's anger at Lisa because Lisa did say horrible things but no more anger at Whitney and Jenn for leading the charge of questioning when her father's funeral was? Sometimes I don't get the alliances on this show.

18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I caught that look, too. Can't wait to see what that's all about.

I can't believe all the Jen love. Are they all ok with what she did?  The whole thing is very disingenuous and for me will be the downfall of this season. Also, looks like Whitney is the star of the season. I'm not here for that, either. The Lisa and Whitney friendship feels fake to me, too. 

I agree. I wonder though if they're just being supportive and playing nice on camera because they know she (at this point during filming) was going to trial and they are waiting to see how that would all play out. Well at least I think Whitney and Lisa are doing that. Heather we know is all in on Jenn and I honestly don't know about Mer as she's done a full 180 on Jenn from last season to now.

• Love 4

I'm 16 minutes into the episodes, and I had to pause. I'm already sick of Whitney. (I read your comments and I haven't seen the abuse talk yet). I don't know what it is about her but she's so annoying! She's even more annoying than Jen, Lisa and Meredith. 

Whitney, why should Meredith give Lisa another chance after her rant last year? I would be over that friendship, for sure. And it's not like Whitney loves Lisa herself. 

I found it amusing how Lisa was frustrated that Jack doesn't seem too keen to go to college and thinks he'll just build businesses and be successful. Gee, I wonder where he got that idea? 🤔 😅 At least she seemed to get that it might be her own fault. 

Maybe I'll watch the rest of it tomorrow. I'm already sick of this episode.

Edit: I need to do my nails, though, so maybe I'll watch the show at the same time.

Edit: Oh wow, I have zero interest in Whitney's storyline. If you have been abused, seek actual therapy and maybe talk about it with your spouse in private. I'm not saying there's anything to be ashamed about in having been a victim, I'm just saying it feels like this is being exploited for a storyline.

Edit: Wait, didn't they do a cacao cleansing or whatever in some other franchise? I bet someone will soon bring on a sound bowl 🙄

Edited by Glama
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think it’s in bad taste of Whitney to discuss her abuse for ratings. Plus I can’t help but wonder who it was? She was wrestling with one of her brothers in an earlier season. Then there’s the oddball dad. She’s also constantly trying to be sexy. This should be dealt with off camera. 
Lisa, this is why you don’t buy your kid his own business. He thinks he’s actually done something. 
Merediths talking head with the lacy thing scared me at first. It looked like a very wrinkled décolletage. 
Oh my, the I thought I was your safe space bullshit. Give us a break Does anyone talk like that with their on and off friends?

• Applause 2
  • Love 1

Enough with the shaman stuff I’m over seeing that on every housewife show.

Lisa made her son like that lol he thinks he actually had a business. Yikes.

Meredith and Lisa hating each other is at least mildly entertaining so far. 

Heather cracking up at the Lisa whoring herself out for Vida rumours made me laugh. It’s just so absurd but who knows. Maybe John doesn’t mind lol.

Maybe they all are being so nice to Jen because everyone basically knows she’s probably going to jail for a good amount of time. She’s guilty but if she gets the time people are saying she’s gonna get that’s a big deal. I’m not saying I feel bad for her but I do feel bad for her kids. I still wonder about Coach Shah tho and if he knew.

• Love 4

Jack memorized a pitch that Lisa wrote for him, so he already knows everything there is to know about running a business! She made a big mistake creating a business and getting her children to be the “face” of it. Especially since she’s here saying her big trauma is that her parents didn’t allow her to be a kid and forced her to act like an adult her whole life. 8 is old enough to be CEO! Screw child labor laws!

I feel terrible for Whitney. I can’t imagine how jarring it must be to hear this from a sibling. It’s also unsettling that this is a bit of a repressed memory by proxy. So both had repressed memories and then he is remembering stuff about her and she…just accepts it? It makes me feel uneasy even commenting on this. Yet, in psychology the concept of “repressed memories” is controversial, so I worry for Whitney taking on this trauma of repressed memory telephone. For their own sense of clarity, I hope someone else in their life can corroborate it for them if it’s true. 

When Whitney was telling the girls at dinner, Heather said, “You?!” and then gave this very dramatic gesture of pulling herself around and back. It may have been shock, but rather than leaning in like OMG, my friend, are you okay?!? It seemed to me more like a gesture of disbelief. I may be reading more into it, but “something” was happening there in Heather’s mind. Though, I’m curious if it’s related to their church. Oh, or aren’t they (maybe distant) cousins? Maybe Heather’s reaction was related to herself. But, it’s icky to speculate, so I’ll move on…

I’m pretty disappointed that Jen, Meredith, and Heather just jumped out of that sprinter van giggling without any incident! Then I was let down even further when Lisa ran away from the group, shut the bedroom door, and…nothing. No captured rants! Damn, girl learned her lesson! But I did get a kick out of Heather giggling over the Lisa rumors. She was all, save it for later—we have a whole season to fill here!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/6/2022 at 11:11 AM, ichbin said:

Meredith obviously doesn't expect much from Whitney...the way she asked if Whitney had prepared the board herself I expected to see something impressively displayed and then when the camera panned to it I burst out laughing.

Yes, but this is coming from Meredith, who I believe is not exactly a whiz in the kitchen.  She forgot to put the top on her blender when trying to make a smoothie!

• LOL 4

Whitney’s surfacing memories might throw some light on the lack of boundaries and her sexualized style - that scene of Whitney with all her bits hanging out in front of her husband’s grown son comes to mind. I just hope the abuse doesn’t involve her own father or siblings.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 3

I don't know if Whitney's story is true. I thought EMDR is for processing known trauma, not for uncovering repressed memories. It was first used to treat military veterans with PTSD, and my family member was treated with EMDR in the 90s to process a known trauma.

It's possible Whitney was abused and already knows this, but the telephone call was fake. I don't think she was crying - her face was covered and her husband seemed oddly standoffish, keeping her in camera range.

Beyond that, I think that trotting out abuse stories for dollars and camera time is loathsome. Her blurting the story out - what, three times? - was cringe-worthy. Heather almost reacted but reined it in.

I also think four of these women are hurting financially, with Heather being the lone exception, unless the pandemic affected her business and her ex-husband's business.

Jen's wailing about jail was curtailed when her mother put a stop to it. Jen came to her senses and cut it off. She has to be careful in front of the cameras.

I laughed my ass off at the women caterwauling in the grass. We all have sorrows, but these privileged narcissists constantly complaining about how tough their lives are is tone-deaf.  Have some self-awareness.

Positive comment: Whitney's short bob is adorable. She looks 10 years younger. Did she stick extensions in later, or was continuity, as usual, shot?

Prediction: the abominable Madison from Southern Charm is engaged to a non-practicing Mormom and mentioned SLC. Maybe lobbying to become a member of the SLC cast?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Heather’s look at Whitney regarding the abuse makes me wonder if Heather is afraid of who the abuser was. From my own experience, I know that factually repressed memory is a real thing. I was hit by a car when I was twelve, I can remember just before the impact, and getting up from the street afterwards, but the actual impact and flying through the air have been repressed. Also, from the day of my father’s funeral, I remember the services but nothing from the actual internment. Since I know that both these events occurred to me/in my presence, yet I have no memory of them, I know the mind can repress traumatic events.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Prediction: the abominable Madison from Southern Charm is engaged to a non-practicing Mormom and mentioned SLC. Maybe lobbying to become a member of the SLC cast?

Hearing Madison mention SLC made me think the same thing - and she might be more despicable than the current cast all together.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2022 at 9:43 AM, MaggieG said:

Meredith mentioned during the healing session that she had anxiety about participating and that she felt triggered because the last time they were on a trip together her father's death was weaponized against her. Interestingly it was Whitney and Jenn with help from Heather that were doing that, not Lisa. They were the ones pushing that whole "why weren't you on the van and what day was your father's funeral and did you call the feds" narrative. Jenn particularly clung to it. IIRC Lisa didn't have much to do with it. The ladies also for days were getting in Lisa's ear about how Meredith isn't her friend. And then of course Lisa had her meltdown. That whole Zion trip last season was just a toxic mess from beginning to end. I understand Mer's anger at Lisa because Lisa did say horrible things but no more anger at Whitney and Jenn for leading the charge of questioning when her father's funeral was? Sometimes I don't get the alliances on this show.

I agree. I wonder though if they're just being supportive and playing nice on camera because they know she (at this point during filming) was going to trial and they are waiting to see how that would all play out. Well at least I think Whitney and Lisa are doing that. Heather we know is all in on Jenn and I honestly don't know about Mer as she's done a full 180 on Jenn from last season to now.

I feel that way about all the shows - it's why theses shows seem so fake and silly.  They treat each other horribly and then are great friends the next season.  I don't really like any of the women, but I show-like some better than others.  Meredith is just an asshole.  I've hated her since season one, with her drawly voice and her smarmy son playing the role of her husband.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, amarante said:

The charcuterie board made an appearance last night on Real Housewives of Potomac.

I think at this point it is going to appear in every franchise.

And Gina of the OC HWs ordered a charcuterie board in two different restaurants last season. I think Jen Armstrong on the same show offered one at her house, but I'm not sure about it.