Type keyword(s) to search

Season 39 Final Jeopardy! Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Well, "Hello folks" says a voice from the past. Time for Season 39 FJ Contest to begin. Sign in here if you want to play. Season 38 results are behind schedule, way behind, due to "unforeseen events" but will appear eventually. Kinda like I did. Here's to a fun contest for everyone and great food to share all around! I hope to see all the regular avatars plus some new ones join in. As always, everyone is welcome here.

• Applause 9
  • Love 3

Welcome ams, glad to see you too. It's been a spell. For me anyway.

And I am 0 for 1 so I'm still the same old Saber. But I must say, being here for the first time in more than 10 months has made me feel much better today. So thanks everyone.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 5
  • Love 1

And like the Mets before the season actually starts , am enjoying my perfect record so far.

Hey, the Mets are 89-52 and in first place! Usually they're a logical target for abuse, but not this year! For once. 

I'm in! Welcome back, Saber!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Well, I fizzled out part way through last season, when my “1” and “0” keys were wearing out and I was convinced that Saber had gone to live on a farm upstate, but I knew the first FJ of the new season so I’ll take that as a sign I should jump back in. 

And @saber5055, if you’re still working out stats for last season, feel free to either drop me out entirely, or just assume 0’s for any weeks I didn’t report. Which would be extremely close to accurate. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Welcome @dankesean, it's great to have you with us this season. And 0 for 1 ... you are my kind of player! Trust me, my scores will make you look good. You'll see!

1 minute ago, shapeshifter said:

I was more or less on fire tonight, so all y'all may need somebody else to lower the curve this season! 

Challenge accepted!

• LOL 5
15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I was more or less on fire tonight, so all y'all may need somebody else to lower the curve this season! 

Welcome back, @saber5055!

I'm back, though I'll probably be helping lower that curve, as I did last season. Unfortunately, didn't see the game last night due to stupid football (I was incredibly ticked, I'd spent the whole day waiting for my dilated pupils (checkup) to get back to normal because Jeopardy was on! But it's recorded and I'll see it today. Hope I get the FJ.

Has it only been 10 months @saber5055? Feels like so much longer! Thrilled to have you back!

And happy that I'll be chatting/competing with all y'all again.

• Love 4

Nice to have you back @saber5055

Welcome to the FJ! Contest, @dankesean

I'm in for S39's contest, although truth be told, I suspect many of my FJ clues will be obtained through The Jeopardy! Fan or J! Archive once 2023 rolls around and Mayim Bialik takes over the hosting duties. For now, I'm enjoying Ken as host, some very good contestants in the first two games and the return of a live audience.

The new season seems to be off to a very good start. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Day 2, and just like that, I'm up to 50%!

Hey @zoey1996, are there Highland cattle in Kansas?

Yes, there are! But I chose one as my avatar because I just love them. I first saw them in Scotland, and then Busch Garden Williamsburg added two: Thistle and Poppy.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

Welcome Mindthinkr. We now have 26 FJ players and more are welcome so step on in everyone else. I'm providing Friday breakfast/brunch so everyone can gather strength to post their Week One scores! Behold, peach and blueberry sheet pancakes with a side of real Vermont maple syrup. Enjoy!

1321884749_sheetpancakes.jpg.04444744155cb2f7ec0266745ccb54cc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

2/5 is good for me. 
It looks like I am still here to lower the curve. 🙃
The only Disney songs I know by title are from Snow White and Mary Poppins. 

We are pretending😉 I did not finish off the Wegman's Chocolate Dome Cake my daughter and son-in-law and grandbaby brought for my birthday *almost* a week ago, so I can share it with all of you:

large_574750f8-5a42-489d-86c5-9dee9a82c2ed.jpg

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

2/5 is good for me. 
It looks like I am still here to lower the curve. 🙃
The only Disney songs I know by title are from Snow White and Mary Poppins. 

We are pretending😉 I did not finish off the Wegman's Chocolate Dome Cake my daughter and son-in-law and grandbaby brought for my birthday *almost* a week ago, so I can share it with all of you:

large_574750f8-5a42-489d-86c5-9dee9a82c2ed.jpg

It looks good, but honestly a “dome” isn’t the first thing I thought it was 🤐

• LOL 5