Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Performance Review

• Start Topic

Charles, Oliver and Mabel collide with their podcasting mentor-turned-competitor, Cinda Canning. Subsequently, a key clue requires the trio to orchestrate a classic stakeout — Brazzos-style. New York has never been more glittering.

Available 7/26

• Love 1

Wow. I mean just wow. 

This was a great episode. I am loving where this could be going.

I think most of you were correct about Cinda but I was surprised at how Cara's character is really messing with Mabel and may have set off the incident on the subway.

Spoiler

Nothing here i accidentally put this here and the site won't let me delete it again. Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 14

I wonder why they effectively got rid of Detective Williams?

Wow, poor Mabel, Alice is really doing a number on her & I'm not even sure exactly what it is she's doing. Is it an art piece of some kind?

I hope we start getting some answers soon, as of right now, everything feels unexplained.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, GaT said:

I hope they aren't getting rid of her and it was just to tip the trio off that they were not talking to her. Though part of me wanted to find out that she didn't leave town, she was picking the evidence up at the trash can and have her go off on Oliver for the glitter bomb.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

I am convinced that Alice is just using Mabel to further herself in the art world. She sure can paint quick though. I would guess the facility with which she can recreate Mabel's mural in her art studio lends her to be a pretty good art forger? hint hint.

Edited by sjankis630
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

First of all, I covet Mabel’s cream-colored coat.

Sazz breaking up with Jan was hilarious.

Poor Mabel!  Alice has no excuse that would make this okay.

Why is Will the one sending his dad footage of Mabel going off in the subway?  He couldn’t have called his dad and broken it to him any other way?  Suspicious.

Finding out that Cinda is a snake is hardly new information, is it?  I do like Poppy and hope this increased airtime doesn’t push her onto the suspect list.

I miss Detective Williams.

Steve Martin really is a talent.  He walks that tightrope between pathos and farce quite skillfully.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11

Great seeing Sazz again and Jane Lynch continues to be an inspired choice in the role.  Her being Charles' "break up" double was funny: especially when even Jan herself ended up getting onboard.  She's really good!  Definitely in character that Charles would struggle with breaking off a relationship due to his fear of being alone and so forth, but I did like how it was seeing how it effected Mabel that made him at least take that step.  Despite some of the humor here, Jan really did kill someone close to Mabel and I'm glad she didn't find it amusing at all.  And that Charles realized this and finally ended it (kind of!)  Hopefully they can move past this now, because they are going to need it!

So, now it looks like Alice isn't the killer after-all, but was basically using Mabel and the case to create some kind of new outlandish art piece.  Damn, poor Mabel.  And thanks to Cinda, the "Bloody Mabel" nickname is continuing to grow.  Certainly won't help that she possibly just stabbed a guy in the subway (who may or may not be the killer.)  At least she/they have an unlikely ally in Cinda's assistant, Poppy now.  Hope Cinda gets taken down a peg or two.

Fun seeing Lucy again and how she's apparently teaching Oliver some new slang.  Never thought I'd hear Martin Short say "hoeing it up."

Not sure what is up with Detective Williams possibly being in Denver.  Also have to think something is going to come out of this other cop played by Michael Rapaport.

Episode had a great mix of both humor and emotional moments.  This season has been pretty great, which pleases me.  Hope these final episodes keep it going.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

Oliver's not wrong; glitter really is a pain in the ass to get rid of. I'm surprised they didn't at least try to follow the person through the park, see which direction the person was going. 

Alice is so shitty, just using Mabel for fame. There's no explanation she can give that will make what she did okay. I still believe she has something to do with the painting. If she could recreate the mural from Mabel's apartment, she could forge that painting.

It's good that Charles broke things off with Jan, even if he had to send Sazz to do it. That whole scene was hilarious.

Cinda Canning is also an all around awful person. I'm glad Poppy seems to be turning on her, feeding Mabel some information. Not getting that promotion was clearly the last straw for her. I think Cinda might end up being connected to the murder in some way, though not sure how. Using the trio to keep her own podcast and fame going is a motive, though.

Detective Williams being "out of town" is extremely suspicious. Someone's trying to get her out of the way.

No way Mabel actually stabbed someone on the subway. Crazy cliffhanger.

Edited by phalange
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
5 hours ago, twoods said:

Sazz breaking up with Jan was hilarious, as was Oliver and Charles’s awkward hug at the end. So many great one liners as well. This show is definitely not in a sophomore slump.

Agree. But especially: Is there some sort of Charlie Chaplin Award that Martin Short can be given for the bit when he plants the glitter bomb?

5 hours ago, sjankis630 said:

I am convinced that Alice is just using Mabel to further herself in the art world. She sure can paint quick though. I would guess the facility with which she can recreate Mabel's mural in her art studio lends her to be a pretty good art forger? hint hint.

Yes, that set screams "Alice could be a great forger."

Producing likenesses with a skill that would have been valued in centuries before cameras is not a career maker today, which could be why Alice lamented in the earlier episode that she never had a legitimate "in" with the art world. Being good at copying is not the same as being innovatively creative or being good at schmoozing with those in position to further a career in the arts.   

In this episode they made a point of showing Alice taking photos in Mabel's apartment -- which could be just used as references for photorealistic painting, or even projected on the wall for Alice to paint over -- but the quickly replicated mural was likely done with the help of willing art assistants, drawn to Alice's project by Mabel's notoriety -- assistants who, in the end will be shown to be puppet minions not unlike Cinda Canning's Poppy? 

Still, none of this means that Alice killed Bunny; it only points to Alice being an opportunist and possibly a forger, as you suggest, @sjankis630, and as @thuganomics85 points out.

4 hours ago, phalange said:

I think Cinda might end up being connected to the murder in some way, though not sure how.

Maybe Cinda "encouraged" an overly involved fan to "do something," perhaps not realizing it would be m u r d e r.

5 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:
5 hours ago, twoods said:

Sazz breaking up with Jan was hilarious

This was the most I've ever liked Jane Lynch. 

Agreed. Kudos to whomever wrote this bit for Jane Lynch as the breakup proxy for Charles.

5 hours ago, GaT said:

Da'Vine Joy Randolph has been very busy: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5007768

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, phalange said:

Detective Williams being "out of town" is extremely suspicious. Someone's trying to get her out of the way.

Or she is running a misdirection game...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The new masked man could be the killer in the case that the killer is looking for an incriminating clue. For example, the matches with the blood stain. But it is more likely that he is looking for information about the case. That opens up several possibilities: Cara, Cinda Cunning, the super fans ...

Now, from the scene in the park, we can guess that the masked character is a thin young man. In the subway we see that he is quite tall (the belly is fake). Cinda, Poppy and Cara were in another place when the masked character appears. And there is no super fan (or in fact any other character in the series) that physically resembles him. The only possibility left is ...

Luís, Cinda's assistant !!!

He is late in the park because he has to wait to finish the podcast recording before he can go. And he is looking for information for the podcast, with or without Cinda knowing it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
2 minutes ago, paigow said:

Oliver has access to C-4, but cannot pay his rent.... WTF

Access to a weapon is easier than paying rent?  That's realistic.

Zod, I was dying at "You're too stupid to commit the murder."

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4

I liked this episode, glad to see Zazz again. Loved Andrea Martin! Hope she gets more air time. 

Hilarious that the trio is staking out the trash can and almost totally miss seeing their man(?).  That was very funny. Great juxtaposition of Mabel being deadly serious with Charles, and the antics of the person in black getting hit with a glitter bomb. 

I still have no idea who could have murdered Bunny and why. Either that's great planning by the show, or they're not dropping enough clues.

They totally got me, though, through a commercial. I was certain someone else was murdered, because the commercial showed someone being zipped up in a body bag.  Never occurred to me that it would be for Brazzos' new show. 😆

And I was totally confused, at first, when Mabel came upon the recreated scene of Bunny's murder. I may have been not totally awake yet, but I thought they were all IN MABEL'S APARTMENT, which would have been bad enough, but now I realize that Alice has recreated everything in her studio.  💡 D'oh.  What a betrayal. Poor Mabel. I hope Oliver and Charles do not abandon her as well. 

• Like 5
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, FGomez said:

The only possibility left is ...

How did he know to warn them last season? Only the people that sent the text knew about the drop site.

• Useful 5
7 minutes ago, paigow said:

How did he know to warn them last season? Only the people that sent the text knew about the drop site.

do you mean warn them to get out of the building, at the end of the season? They didn't know whose number was that.

The text in this episode was supposedly from inspector Williams. So they should be different numbers.

Or am I missing something? Now that I think of it, I don't remember how they got the number that supposedly was inspector Williams' phone.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, FGomez said:

do you mean warn them to get out of the building, at the end of the season? They didn't know whose number was that.

The text in this episode was supposedly from inspector Williams. So they should be different numbers.

Or am I missing something? Now that I think of it, I don't remember how they got the number that supposedly was inspector Williams' phone.

They were using the number that displayed from the texts they received last season. Charles and Oliver assumed that it was Detective Williams who had warned them to get out of the building, but now they realize that she didn't send that text, and the number that sent that text belongs to someone unknown. They've been texting that number thinking they were communicating with the detective. Now they've decided that that person must be the murderer. So it would have to be someone who knew Charles' and Oliver's phone numbers. (We don't know if Mabel received the same text. She's not shown receiving it on her phone.) So who would have had BOTH of their numbers? Mabel. 

I don't think Mabel killed Bunny, but I don't have any idea who did. Yet. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

So who would have had BOTH of their numbers? Mabel. 

But apparently it cannot be Mabel.

In this episode, Mabel writes the text and, in a few seconds, she reads aloud the answer. But then Charles takes the phone and looks at the text. She hadn't the opportunity to write that answer. It is suspicious that she wants to write all the messages to that number and she hurried to be the first to take the phone. But Charles knows how to use his own mobile, I don't think Mabel could fool him.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

omitb_206_ph_01816rt-scaled.jpg
omitb_206_cb_03514rt-1.jpg

Mabel should be fine, (in)famous people are always getting attacked on the subway. Everybody will say that Mabel was seating down minding her own business when that man walked up to her. The man was also dressed super sketchy.

Sazz is always stealing Charles' girlfriends, I wouldn't be surprised if Sazz and Jan became an item. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

I nominate Cinda as the next murder victim.  What an odious creature.

The only real criticism I have of this show is that the episode are too short.  It just gets rolling and is over! They need to be an hour.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I nominate Cinda as the next murder victim.  What an odious creature.

That is a good idea. There would be a plethora of suspects. 

But meanwhile back in season 2:
What's up with our earlier guest stars/suspects (Amy Schumer and Leonora Folger)?
And just because: 

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Da'Vine Joy Randolph has been very busy: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5007768

doesn't mean her Detective character didn't flee to Denver because she killed Bunny.
But Uma's off the hook, right? 

3 minutes ago, Suzn said:

The only real criticism I have of this show is that the episode are too short.  It just gets rolling and is over! They need to be an hour.

I love the brevity of the episodes. All substance; no filler. And easily re-watchable for clues. 
I also appreciate the little recaps at the beginning of each episode. 
Perhaps because older actors are starring and producing this whodunnit, it works for me.
There was nothing like this when I was younger -- and I didn't have a TV when I was a young adult -- but maybe I wouldn't have appreciated this format then as much then as I do now when I'm older?
IDK. I smoked a lot of pot then, so I probably would have appreciated it then too. 🙃

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I am glad there are 4 more episodes remaining to sort all of this out. I have no evidence but something makes me think the glitter Avenger is not the killer and is somehow after information on the painting from Bunny's apartment. (The real painting) 

I have no evidence here it is just a hunch. I am seeing this stakeout as a red herring in this mystery.

I think it is clear that whatever happened to Mabel in the apartment, her blocking it out is some sort of self defense mechanism for whatever there is rolling around in her mind. She definitely has some issues mentally that this murder is touching. IMHO.

I just realized how much I love when Oliver gets excited about food. I don't know what it is but the new salsa "awakening" was pretty funny.

Also was I the only one feeling for the guy sitting next to him in the DNA office? I thought when they called his name and he stood up that the other patients were going to break out in applause. Lol.

• Like 6
  • Love 11

Oliver might have set it up in his typically ridiculous way, but he really wasn't wrong about the glitter bomb. Glitter is an absolute nightmare to get out of your clothes and hair. 

Another great episode, still no sophomore slump in sight. Poor Mabel, I don't know if Alice is the killer but she is certainly an asshole, apparently using Mabel for some kind of weird performance art. They even hired actors to play Tim and her friends, which is just so messed up I cant even begin to contemplate doing that. These weren't just characters in a true crime podcast to her, they were her friends, who were murdered and had their lives ruined. This does prove that Alice can do forgeries quickly though, very interesting. 

The trio really have no luck in romance. Oliver's wife possibly cheated on him with one of their friends, Charles's ex sounds like a flake, his most recent ex is a murderer, and now Mabel's girlfriend is at best an asshole who was just using her and at worst a murderer. I am really glad that Mabel called Charles out on him holding onto Jan after she murdered Mabel's friend, its important to remember that, as much fan as Jan is, she's a horrible monster who killed innocent people who deserves to be in jail. Charles is painfully lonely, but Jan isn't going to fill that hole.

Great seeing Sazz again, I loved her being the one who broke up with Jan. "Lets be honest, this is 20/80 on who's fault it is." 

Kudos to Tina Fey for playing Cindra as so utterly loathsome. She's all out to get the trio, even if she has to make stuff up, but at least now Mabel has an ally in Poppy, her overworked and underappreciated assistant. This is why you should always be nice to the people working under you, they're the ones who know where the bodies are buried. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Oliver might have set it up in his typically ridiculous way, but he really wasn't wrong about the glitter bomb. Glitter is an absolute nightmare to get out of your clothes and hair. 

Mark Rober is a genuine master glitter bomb maker...

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Also have to think something is going to come out of this other cop played by Michael Rapaport.

I was disappointed that the only thing to come out of gathering the podsters at Bunny's was to tell them to stop podcasting.  Cinda was right-he could have texted them.  Something was shady about that but I don't know what.  Could he be the tipster that told them to get out of the building?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Could he be the tipster that told them to get out of the building?

This is the thing that sort of trips me up. I think Krepps is shady. I think someone paid him to mess with the Tox result and phone submission in Tim's case. I think he is the person who went to get the evidence at the trash can and then from Mabel. He wasn't on the subway to hurt Mabel, he just wanted her bag with the matches in it.

So, I don't think he is personally sending the texts, but I think he is under the employ of whoever is.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, CraftyHazel said:

First of all, I covet Mabel’s cream-colored coat.

Me too but I know I'd ruin it in a single day, even if it was hanging in the closet.

Why is Will the one sending his dad footage of Mabel going off in the subway?  He couldn’t have called his dad and broken it to him any other way?  Suspicious.

I assume it was already viral so he just forwarded it--quickest way. He probably texted something with it. No need to call and say you're texting something imo.

Steve Martin really is a talent.  He walks that tightrope between pathos and farce quite skillfully.

I even loved his work on the ridiculous new Brazzos. What a realistic depiction of dementia. Soup.

7 hours ago, FGomez said:

Now, from the scene in the park, we can guess that the masked character is a thin young man. In the subway we see that he is quite tall (the belly is fake). Cinda, Poppy and Cara were in another place when the masked character appears. And there is no super fan (or in fact any other character in the series) that physically resembles him. The only possibility left is ...

Makes sense to me. Poppy said Cinda was targeting her and that video would be great for it.

4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

That is a good idea. There would be a plethora of suspects. 

But meanwhile back in season 2:
What's up with our earlier guest stars/suspects (Amy Schumer and Leonora Folger)?

It seems like they don't usually overuse guest stars like that, especially the ones in the penthouse. I'm sure nobody's wanting more of her, after all. I was really glad to see Lucy again, though.

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Just ask the folks on Yellowjackets! I honestly wonder if this is the type of thing you get with diverse writers. Like back in the day when the writers were always writing from a male perspective you didn't have mothers being like, "You know what's impossible to get out? Glitter." (Not that men don't ever deal with glitter, as Oliver pointed out.)

That was a brilliant scene in the car with the guy getting glitterbombed behind them. I also loved Charles' complaint how on Brazzos it was always the third guy.

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Another great episode, still no sophomore slump in sight. Poor Mabel, I don't know if Alice is the killer but she is certainly an asshole, apparently using Mabel for some kind of weird performance art. They even hired actors to play Tim and her friends, which is just so messed up I cant even begin to contemplate doing that. These weren't just characters in a true crime podcast to her, they were her friends, who were murdered and had their lives ruined. This does prove that Alice can do forgeries quickly though, very interesting. 

And sad that Mabel presumably went to her because she was feeling betrayed by Charles still going out with Jan. You call that betrayal? This is betrayal.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

"You know what's impossible to get out? Glitter."

But, as I bet myself would happen, when the glitter-bombed mystery person got half way down the block, it was impossible to spot a little glitter from a distance. 
So the masked, subway, glitter-incident instigator is likely not the same person?
-- unless maybe they were hoping for a confrontational incident at that trash can, and when that didn't happen, they stalked Mabel onto the subway to get caught on social media?

If this were a regular crime show, either a cop or a PI would note what cameras in the area likely caught the trash can incident in order to identify the unmasked person who tried to assist the glitter-bombed person, in order to question them about any identifying features, like voice (male or female, or at least high or low), skin coloring, etc.  

But I'm betting someone (maybe Alice?) will have a few specs of glitter on them in the next episode.

• Like 3

We had a lot of cameos, Sazz was back and not as annoying in this one.  Her breakup with Jan was hilarious, and yes, I expect to see them as an item.  I like Andrea Martin's cameo and Lucy is always welcome.  Plus we even saw Aphrodite again.

11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Yes, that set screams "Alice could be a great forger."

Producing likenesses with a skill that would have been valued in centuries before cameras is not a career maker today, which could be why Alice lamented in the earlier episode that she never had a legitimate "in" with the art world. Being good at copying is not the same as being innovatively creative or being good at schmoozing with those in position to further a career in the arts.   

In this episode they made a point of showing Alice taking photos in Mabel's apartment -- which could be just used as references for photorealistic painting, or even projected on the wall for Alice to paint over -- but the quickly replicated mural was likely done with the help of willing art assistants, drawn to Alice's project by Mabel's notoriety -- assistants who, in the end will be shown to be puppet minions not unlike Cinda Canning's Poppy?

I don't see Alice as the forger type (not ruling it out, but we have yet to see her do any kind of painting) and she seems like the pretentious performance art type anyway.  But she definitely took all the pictures to recreate the apartment, and could have had assistants do that and probably did considering the undertaking to recreate the whole apartment.

9 hours ago, paigow said:

Yeah...Oliver must know some really crazy people.  A pound of glitter, a little rubber cement and C-4.  What the hell kind of bomb was he making?

3 hours ago, GaT said:

Anybody think Poppy could be the murderer?

I think it's unlikely, unless she was setting up the podcast for Cinda.  But if Cinda is next season's victim, she'd be at the top of the list.

Poor Mabel, I can see how she would freak out.  Even if Alice isn't the murderer, she's still an asshole.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

Maybe Alice copied Mabel's apartment because she wanted to recreate past events and help Mabel remember what really happened... or maybe she's an asshole who wants to profit off a tragedy. The first is ill-advised and the second is downright awful. Both are likely relationship-enders. She knows Mabel has trust issues!

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cranberry said:

Maybe Alice copied Mabel's apartment because she wanted to recreate past events and help Mabel remember what really happened... or maybe she's an asshole who wants to profit off a tragedy. The first is ill-advised and the second is downright awful. Both are likely relationship-enders. She knows Mabel has trust issues!

She was dressed up in the bloody Mabel shirt with a black wig, so it seems like she expected to be playing Mabel in the scenario, not walking Mabel herself through it.

• Love 4

THESE EPISODES ARE TOO SHORT!!!

Now I have that out of my system, holy crap on a cracker. One, Cinda's a bitch but Poppy ain't wrong. I was an assistant for several years and the amount of secrets you can find out about a person is crazy.  The shit I could have done if I had wanted too.... Cinda should remember that.

This is the most I've ever enjoyed Jane Lynch. Sazz breaking up with Jan was gold. And continuing even though "it got porny". 

Michael rappaport is being wasted. 

Finally, I watched this while eating a dinner of 2 dips, crackers, and chips. I felt very Oliver-y.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Great juxtaposition of Mabel being deadly serious with Charles, and the antics of the person in black getting hit with a glitter bomb. 

I laughed so hard over that scene I had to pause it to catch my breath. That was glorious. 

Poor Mabel. First the one person she's opened up to recently turns out to be using her for some awful art scene, then Charles is still connecting with the woman who murdered her friend and tried to kill the entire building, and then she snaps on the subway and stabs a guy with her knitting needle. Krebs and Cinda are going to be all over that one.

I love that Lucy was back and still in Charles' life and I also loved the continuity with Detective Williams being on maternity leave. I wonder what she and her wife named the baby? Last season, she nixed Kareem/Kadeem and a few others. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

I wish we hadn’t seen Sazz earlier in the episode (or the previouslies).  It would have been funnier if we’d seen her first when she turned around to face Jan.

Ah, New York!  A person swaddled head to toe and covered with glitter gets on the subway and no one bats an eye.

I’d add Cinda to the list of suspects but that tall figure was obviously a lot taller than Tina Fey.  Maybe the cop?

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Theory: The person that got glitter bombed and harassed Mabel on the subway is Cinda Canning's even more underappreciated assistant, Luis, having to prove how worthy he is of being promoted as well, Luis was looking to find something that was podcast worthy the way Poppy did. That thing fell right into Luis' lap with the bloody matchbook phone call. Not realizing how ridiculous in glitter he looked because he was wearing dark sunglasses, Luis hopes to invoke a response from Mabel on the subway because he knows about her knitting needle response when she is attacked. 

This would also mean that Cinda Canning was the one that texted Oliver and Charles to "get out of the building" or at least had her assistant do it. It makes sense, since Cinda Canning was right in front of the building when everything was going down. Cinda probably wanted some footage of the criminals fleeing the scene of the crime. We still haven't heard what occurred to bring the Police and the crowd to the building in such large numbers, right at that particular time.

I am guessing that Oliver didn't deliberately give Alice the Son of Sam Killer Card so he could watch her reactions to figure out her "tells". That would have been a a great reveal to know that Oliver was cheating at the game all these years just to "puff" himself up in front of his friends, guests and potential investors.

List of things we should know already but don't:

Why Charles' father was arrested (Charles should have told us and a little something about his mother)?

What brought the Police and the Crowd to building at the moment of Mabel, Oliver, and Charles' arrest?

Why Lucy is hanging out with Charles now and how long she has been hanging out in the walls on the Arconia building and what she saw/heard there?

Why solving Bunny's murder is going to make Detective Kreps (Michael Rappaport) career? Is it that high profile, he must not think Mabel is guilty or he would have closed the case by now.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

She was dressed up in the bloody Mabel shirt with a black wig, so it seems like she expected to be playing Mabel in the scenario, not walking Mabel herself through it.

I was thinking of Mabel more as the director, moving the "players" around to jog her memory -- maybe if she sees people going through the movements, she'll recognize when something's "wrong." I'm just trying to think of ways this could be more than what it seems, because things often are on this show! But even in this scenario, Alice would have massively overstepped and should have asked first.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

then she snaps on the subway and stabs a guy with her knitting needle.

Somehow I missed this on my first watch! (that Mabel did actually stab black-clad, pink-glitter guy/gal on the train).

The person who got glitter-bombed was too skinny to be any guys we've seen, and was proportionally the same as Alice, but, IDK, is Poppy the size too?

Is it possible Cinda hired Alice to befriend Mabel after Bunny's death as a sort of spy?

6 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

I was thinking of Mabel more as the director, moving the "players" around to jog her memory -- maybe if she sees people going through the movements, she'll recognize when something's "wrong." I'm just trying to think of ways this could be more than what it seems, because things often are on this show! But even in this scenario, Alice would have massively overstepped and should have asked first.

I think this will be the explanation, if we get one, but I still don't get why Tim Kono and Zoe would be there if she's trying to jog her memory about Bunny's murder.

Someone on reddit pointed out something that I found hilarious. Why does Long John Silver's have a meat slicer?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Somehow I missed this on my first watch! (that Mabel did actually stab black-clad, pink-glitter guy/gal on the train).

Or he made it look like she stabbed him for the video. 

• Useful 2
7 minutes ago, HelloooKitty said:

Detective Williams wife was pregnant last season- she was painting a nursery in episode 6. So her being on maternity leave isn’t suspicious to me at all. 

Her being on maternity leave, not suspicious. In Denver? That's where it gets suspicious.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I feel like the show shifted into a new gear in this episode. I really starting to regret not waiting then binging it like I did S1.  The wait is torturous. 

14 hours ago, paigow said:

In my head it's left over stock from one of Olivers truly terrible productions like Full Metal Jacket: The Musical!

11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

My best friend refers to glitter as the herpes of the craft world.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

Alice betrayed Mabel on so many levels. She has been planning and scoping out Mabel's apartment for days to use for her murder tableau without saying a word to Mabel. Alice hears from Alice that she likes her because she was someone new that had nothing connected to all the murder business. Finally, Alice stole the idea and copied the mural that Mabel created. She stole Mabel's artwork. She is a liar, phony and thief. But not a murderer.

• Like 2
  • Love 5