Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Performance Review

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Oh, I'm going to use it on the boards here. 

Yeah, these boards probably are the best place to use:

On 7/30/2022 at 6:35 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

'We did it once. It was a different time.' 

• LOL 1

Favorite parts I haven’t seen mentioned yet:

The notion that Charles would still need a stunt double as an aging detective with dementia in a wheelchair really really tickled me.  

Oliver’s commentary as Charles was trying to respond to Mabel, “he’s wondering if he can come up with a good lie on the spot but realizes he lacks the mental dexterity,” and the non reaction to it, probably because it was to an extent accurate! I know sometimes I’m honest not out of integrity, but lack of skill.  There’s just something so funny about how effortless Oliver’s ruthlessness is.  

Charles’s transparency was even further demonstrated, hilariously, with the phone cord twirling.  You could see him conflicted with both interest in the relationship and the rational understanding that the prospect was total crazy town.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Favorite things spotted on Poppy the Cinda clone's screen: "5am Primal Scream" "9am Clitoral stimulation session with Jake" "7:30am Ask Poppy to stop doing that thing" "12pm Carb nap" "5pm Early dinner, then BED!!!"

Amy Ryan was ridiculous (in the best way) this episode. "Because I tried to kill you? How many times are you going to make me apologize for that?"

After the opening, I was not prepared for Jane Lynch. Not as bad as Amy Schumer but... the energy she was bringing still threw me off. Meanwhile, Andrea Martin who can be super over the top managed to be kooky without being offputting.

Going after the unappreciated assistant is such a classic move. 

I knew Jimmy would be a creep.

The glitter bomb going off in the background was so intense.

lol, I knew Charles would want Sazz to handle the breakup. Jane was a little better in the dramatic scene but... I could do without her

Did Alice paint different figures in the windows of the building? Also, as bad as any betrayal would have been, to do it in Mabel's own apartment??? Horrible.

Aww, look at Oliver learning to enjoy other "dips"

Trust Mabel to not be defenseless but the stabbing definitely makes it seem like that was not the killer. 

• Like 2

I guess I just like Jackie Hoffman's portrayal, and I don't want her gone from the show. 

This is how I feel about Cinda. It's Tina Fey! She's playing a horrible boss so well.

Amy Schumer and Jane Lynch grate because it doesn't feel like they're bringing their A game. 

• Like 2