Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Don’t get this family’s fascination with rappers and ball players - can anyone enlighten me?

Well, they like black guys and there's a high concentration in both fields, and not to stereotype, but neither athletes nor rappers have a reputation for being the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. I look at it as water rising to its' own level. Could you see a Barack Obama-type giving a Kardashian the time of day? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

I think people are giving her too much credit.  She actually kept her pregnancy in the public and with the media by building all this speculation around it, etc.  Then she puts out a video documenting her pregnancy - and it looks as if it was filmed for the show - hardly keeping her baby "private".

And she released it on Super Bowl Sunday no less. This leopard hasn’t changed its spots.

• Love 9

Scott Disick (Kourtney baby daddy) isn't a rapper or ball player. He's actually kinda handsome and pretty witty too. I knew he was a Gemini before even looking it up. The men are usually funny af and really erratic and outrageous. They can be mean too randomly. I love their extra messiness. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Scott Disick (Kourtney baby daddy) isn't a rapper or ball player. He's actually kinda handsome and pretty witty too. I knew he was a Gemini before even looking it up. The men are usually funny af and really erratic and outrageous. They can be mean too randomly. I love their extra messiness. 

“Messiness” might be the thing they all have in common - what a great quality for fatherhood!

19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Well, they like black guys and there's a high concentration in both fields, and not to stereotype, but neither athletes nor rappers have a reputation for being the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. I look at it as water rising to its' own level. Could you see a Barack Obama-type giving a Kardashian the time of day? 

Yeah,  not the “brightest bulbs” but they share a superficiality and pop culture kind of fame with the K klan.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Praise everything that's good and Holy for that miracle. I am so happy that she dumped that predator.

I mean, do we know if this guy is any better than Tyga?

Magic Eightball Says:

Doubtful

• Love 18
27 minutes ago, Christi said:

Magic Eightball Says:

Doubtful

That remains to be seen but at least he's age appropriate for her and not some full grown adult man dating a child. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Chi looks exactly like North and Kanye.

Very sweet video. Obviously the pregnancy wasn't exactly a secret, but I have to begrudgingly give props to Kylie for not whoring it out for the past nine months, especially given the family motto is "anything for money and attention." 

They all look the same.

• Love 4

Tyga was awful and was pretty much trash so I'll make a safe bet that this guy is not any worse. I'm not going to look at Travis and just assume automatically he's some horrible person or will be a bad father. TBH just the fact that he's not plastered all over headlines every week for owing money to hundreds of people or cheating on anyone hes dateed or whatever bullshit Tyga was always in the news for makes me think he at the least stays out of trouble.

• Love 8

The video was sweet.

Surprised Kim let her baby be debuted by Kylie.

52 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

He is in my book. Based on how he is with his family alone. It was a few years ago, he surprised his parents with getting them a house.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Surprised Kim let her baby be debuted by Kylie.

I believe Kim knew she had the choice between pocket change and attention, and she chose attention.

If she sold the pictures to a website or magazine for a couple thousand $$$, not too many people would view them because nobody really cares.

Yet, if she let Kylie debute the baby in the video, she’d get maximum attention for her new baby latest fashion accessory.

Edited by Aw my lahgs
  • Love 9

I’m happy to see that Kylie and Travis are still together, have been this whole time, and that they were on the same page keeping the pregnancy on the down low speaks volumes.  

As for why the family seems to gravitate towards rappers and athletes.....the kardashians live very unusual lives even for celebrities.  They never take any breaks, they are always “on”, and live extremely flashy lives.  Rappers and black athletes tend to come from poorer communities and when they make it big, they go very flashy and extravagant.  I’m sure there is also a lot of pressure from their record labels and the culture of professional sports to go big or go home.  Average nba career is something like 6 years and rappers popularity comes and goes pretty quickly too.  So I think they all have that in common with the kardashians, work hard, play hard, flaunt the trophies.  

I also think the kardashians like to be put up on pedestals by their men, and maybe they think white guys wont do that.  They definitely seem to fetishize black men (strength, virility, swagger, confidence, etc) and maybe see them as the yin to their yang (the K women projecting themselves as the pinnacle of femininity, female sexuality, beauty, etc).

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Rappers and black athletes tend to come from poorer communities and when they make it big, they go very flashy and extravagant.

That's a stereotype.  Kanye West grew up in a middle class background.  Same with Travis Scott, who grew up in suburbia.  And Blake Griffin, did not come from a poor background.  Nor did Tristan Thompson.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

That's a stereotype.  Kanye West grew up in a middle class background.  Same with Travis Scott, who grew up in suburbia.  And Blake Griffin, did not come from a poor background.  Nor did Tristan Thompson.

Not really a stereotype when you look at all NBA and NFL players as a whole there's a WHOLE lot of them that come form inner cities and by some miracle made it to the pros. 

Hell look at the University of Miami's whole football team they recruit those kid's from Liberty City which is inner city to the letter. 

So what the voices told me to is very correct and I agree with. The Kardashian-Jenner ladies minus Kourtney and Kendall have dated/married darker skinned black men who..... Never mind I'm not even going to open that can of worms.

But back on topic, fast money that rapper's and athletes seem to have and the instant celebrity status the public puts on them make them a good fit for the Kardashian-Jenner ladies.

I couldn't see Kim settling down with some wealthy tech guy or even wealthy executive. Yeah they'd have the bank account but they don't have the celebrity.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I’m happy to see that Kylie and Travis are still together, have been this whole time, and that they were on the same page keeping the pregnancy on the down low speaks volumes.  

As for why the family seems to gravitate towards rappers and athletes.....the kardashians live very unusual lives even for celebrities.  They never take any breaks, they are always “on”, and live extremely flashy lives.  Rappers and black athletes tend to come from poorer communities and when they make it big, they go very flashy and extravagant.  I’m sure there is also a lot of pressure from their record labels and the culture of professional sports to go big or go home.  Average nba career is something like 6 years and rappers popularity comes and goes pretty quickly too.  So I think they all have that in common with the kardashians, work hard, play hard, flaunt the trophies.  

I also think the kardashians like to be put up on pedestals by their men, and maybe they think white guys wont do that.  They definitely seem to fetishize black men (strength, virility, swagger, confidence, etc) and maybe see them as the yin to their yang (the K women projecting themselves as the pinnacle of femininity, female sexuality, beauty, etc).

Travis, like Chyna, knows a good thing when they see it.

Not saying he doesnt love her, but its not like he is a rapper like Jay Z...he looks to have such a big entourage, I doubt he is actally taking home a ton of $$

Edited by Christi
  • Love 10

I follow a lot of celebrity gossip bloggers, & I keep reading how Travis has a lot of women trying to have him take a paternity test. These are recent pregnancies, like within the last few months, not from years ago. They could just be rumors, see Richard Gere & the gerbil, but I've read them lots of times from different bloggers.

• Love 5

I guess I'm heartless.  I wasn't that moved by the video.  There were just 2 parts that got me - everybody listening to the heartbeat and Travis's mom wiping away a tear.  But even more so, Jordyn talking about what it means to be 20 and you are figuring things out and don't know anything for sure, but how Kylie always "knew" the baby.  Because I think it's a very true statement, and also because quite frankly, I don't think Travis will be around for the long haul either, and in 13 years from now, that little girl will probably wonder what it was like for her mom at 20 to have a baby - especially if mom and dad aren't together anymore.  That said, I could be wrong.  He is certainly an improvement over Tyga.  But..I just don't see it.  They haven't even been together a year.  Kylie and Tyga broke up in April (I think) around the time that rumors of her and Travis getting together. 

That means that Kylie basically got pregnant right away in May.  

But back to the video, I'm not a huge fan of videos that "polished to look unpolished."  It's the trend these days, but they just leave me feeling of "couldn't we have just spruced that up just a bit?"

I also liked at Kylie mulling over cheese fries, and her pointing out the 2 burgers, fries and sweetpotato fries because the baby loves sweet potato fries.  Because --- truth.  

Was it me or did Rob look not so bad?

• Love 15

meh, she didn't whore out her pregnancy while it was happening... all that means is she was filming stuff all along to whore it out AFTER it was done.

You want privacy, you keep your videos and your pictures and your business to yourself. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Shangrilala said:

I guess I'm heartless.  I wasn't that moved by the video.  There were just 2 parts that got me - everybody listening to the heartbeat and Travis's mom wiping away a tear.  But even more so, Jordyn talking about what it means to be 20 and you are figuring things out and don't know anything for sure, but how Kylie always "knew" the baby.  Because I think it's a very true statement, and also because quite frankly, I don't think Travis will be around for the long haul either, and in 13 years from now, that little girl will probably wonder what it was like for her mom at 20 to have a baby - especially if mom and dad aren't together anymore.  That said, I could be wrong.  He is certainly an improvement over Tyga.  But..I just don't see it.  They haven't even been together a year.  Kylie and Tyga broke up in April (I think) around the time that rumors of her and Travis getting together. 

I kind of related to it...if you sub "22 year old dirt poor retail worker" for "20 year old filthy rich makeup mogul"...that is, friends all around, doing young-girl things even though you're pregnant & everything was on the brink of a huge change & everyone telling me, "you can do it, you're gonna be great!"

although my baby shower was at the AmVets and there were no rose walls to be found....

(I did...okay...my 27-year-old boy-child is a college grad who makes three times what I do, even though I'm not a retail worker anymore!)

• Love 5
22 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Add me to that list.  In that one statement, Kylie showed more maturity and common sense than the rest of them combined.   And I can't even begin to imagine the pressure that Kris put on her to make it public.

And she turned around and released a video pimping her pregnancy.  I don't think it's at all mature for someone to get knocked when they are a teenager - no matter how much money they have.  Most of her life has been in front of the camera.  She has very little real life experience.   Of course the video doesn't go into any of that.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

He is certainly an improvement over Tyga. 

This pretty much covers about 80% of the male population

2 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

Was it me or did Rob look not so bad?

That's a glowing compliment for Rob, he looked "not so bad" LOL

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

And she turned around and released a video pimping her pregnancy.  I don't think it's at all mature for someone to get knocked when they are a teenager - no matter how much money they have.  Most of her life has been in front of the camera.  She has very little real life experience.   Of course the video doesn't go into any of that.

I think releasing the video is a separate issue from her decision to keep her pregnancy a secret. Kylie is definitely an impressionable young woman and I don't for a second believe that it's easy for her to let criticism roll off her back - look no further than the amount of cosmetic surgery she's had at such a young age because of how insecure she felt being part of a family who's fame rested on their looks and feeling like she didn't live up to that standard. She kept it secret because it minimized the amount of comments she would be subject to, less potential stress to deal with and less concern for how that would affect the baby growing inside of her. Now that the baby is born, I'm not going to pretend to believe that Kylie won't maximize her daughter for publicity the way her sisters have done but I do feel that her decision regarding her pregnancy was a genuine one where she put the health of her baby above all, even that of her family who probably wouldn't have minded having juicy footage to include on their show. 

She's a celebrity, she doesn't need much real life experience because she won't be expected to do it all on her own and she likely won't. My mother was the same age as Kylie when she had me. Of course my mom comes from another generation where getting married in your teens wasn't so crazy and having babies as young as 20 wasn't so foreign. I doubt most pregnancies are planned and while it maybe came from a reckless decision, I can only hope for the baby's sake that her mom grows up real quick and always puts her child first. That includes not using her child as a photo opportunity sitting front row at a fashion show. It still boggles my mind that Kim and Kanya thought it appropriate to take North to fashion shows at such a young age. And I'm glad that she behaved like a normal baby and threw a tantrum because that's not where she should be.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I think releasing the video is a separate issue from her decision to keep her pregnancy a secret. Kylie is definitely an impressionable young woman and I don't for a second believe that it's easy for her to let criticism roll off her back - look no further than the amount of cosmetic surgery she's had at such a young age because of how insecure she felt being part of a family who's fame rested on their looks and feeling like she didn't live up to that standard. She kept it secret because it minimized the amount of comments she would be subject to, less potential stress to deal with and less concern for how that would affect the baby growing inside of her. Now that the baby is born, I'm not going to pretend to believe that Kylie won't maximize her daughter for publicity the way her sisters have done but I do feel that her decision regarding her pregnancy was a genuine one where she put the health of her baby above all, even that of her family who probably wouldn't have minded having juicy footage to include on their show. 

She's a celebrity, she doesn't need much real life experience because she won't be expected to do it all on her own and she likely won't. My mother was the same age as Kylie when she had me. Of course my mom comes from another generation where getting married in your teens wasn't so crazy and having babies as young as 20 wasn't so foreign. I doubt most pregnancies are planned and while it maybe came from a reckless decision, I can only hope for the baby's sake that her mom grows up real quick and always puts her child first. That includes not using her child as a photo opportunity sitting front row at a fashion show. It still boggles my mind that Kim and Kanya thought it appropriate to take North to fashion shows at such a young age. And I'm glad that she behaved like a normal baby and threw a tantrum because that's not where she should be.

But Kim will continue to drag her to such inappropriate places and North's choices will be to either act nice and get to see mommy or be left behind with the nanny.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, iwasish said:

But Kim will continue to drag her to such inappropriate places and North's choices will be to either act nice and get to see mommy or be left behind with the nanny.

Well unless she really likes her nanny, then it's a win/win situation for North, lol. 

I was born at a time in Canada where maternity leave was only 3 months. By the time my siblings were born, my mother got to stay home for 1 year on mat leave for each of them and soon the government will be introducing 18 month maternity/paternity leave (time can be split between parents however they like). As a result, I spent a lot of time with my grandma who took care of me and who also lived with me. She woke me up for school, she got me dressed, she made my lunch, she picked me up from school, she took care of me when I was too sick to go to school. My mom spent time with me however she could (helping me with homework or having dinner with me each night)  but I knew that she had to work and that's why I didn't spend as much time with her. Yet, knowing that didn't change the fact that I grew up much closer to my grandma (and still am) than to my mom. Even as a child, I was so independent from my mom. I would go off on vacation with my grandparents and not worry about going days without seeing my parents but when my grandparents went on vacation without me, I would miss them terribly and cry until my parents could convince me that 1 week wasn't that long and it would fly by so quickly. The point being, if that is the attitude that Norths' parents take, it's very possible that she'll simply grow up more independent of them and her comfort zone will be those she sees as being reliable in her life. Just because she's a kid doesn't mean that she can't figure that out. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Bucwild said:

Why does Kylie's ass looks like she's wearing a diaper that's sagging because it's full of poop in some parts of that video montage?

She’s emulating Kim and Khloe. Kim is wearing the same baggy diaper pants in the pics of her with the new baby. Maybe Kanye has designed his sweats with ass enhancing padding. 

1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

And Kanye has helped perpetuate the idea that he’s come up from the streets. The others I have no idea what their stories are, and since they probably aren’t going to be around long, I’m not all that interested. 

46 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Was the first glimpse of Chi in Kylie’s video a way for Kim to steal attention from her sister? Some people have suggested that - but Kylie could have edited it out. Hmm

I’m thinking she was wanting to get a picture out there, but likely Kanye was resistant. So she does a sneaky.  

• Love 2

How long before Caitlyn makes a comment on the birth? 

Has she ever really met Reign or Saint?  As a grandmother, not just as “Caitlyn”?

Wonder how they explained the situation to Mason? 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, nkotb said:

I follow a lot of celebrity gossip bloggers, & I keep reading how Travis has a lot of women trying to have him take a paternity test. These are recent pregnancies, like within the last few months, not from years ago. They could just be rumors, see Richard Gere & the gerbil, but I've read them lots of times from different bloggers.

Then there is this from Crazy Days and Nights: http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/01/blind-items-revealed-4_31.html

"Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Blind Items Revealed #4

January 24, 2018

Good news for this pregnant A list reality star. A half sibling should be born at almost the same time and another about two months later. Everyone involved must be so proud.

Kylie Jenner/Travis Scott

Posted by ent lawyer at 9:40 AM 11 comments  "

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Then there is this from Crazy Days and Nights: http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/01/blind-items-revealed-4_31.html

"Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Blind Items Revealed #4

January 24, 2018

Good news for this pregnant A list reality star. A half sibling should be born at almost the same time and another about two months later. Everyone involved must be so proud.

Kylie Jenner/Travis Scott

Posted by ent lawyer at 9:40 AM 11 comments  "

A-list reality star?

JFC, what fucked-up society let this happen??!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, BrainyBlonde said:

Oh, Kylie. <shakes head> I know I'm expecting too much here, but has she not being paying attention to the news at all in the last month or so. Does she not realize that Stormy is the name of the porn star who had sex with Trump?

First thing that came to my mind! Sigh...

So, nothing to do with butterflies, and no K - so much for rumors.

Stormi looks adorable!

Edited by nexxie
30 minutes ago, BrainyBlonde said:

Oh, Kylie. <shakes head> I know I'm expecting too much here, but has she not being paying attention to the news at all in the last month or so. Does she not realize that Stormy is the name of the porn star who had sex with Trump?

She probably thinks that gives the name "cache".

• Love 1