Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I feel kind of bad for her with the 'everyone thinks I'm crazy and that makes me sad'. Except, like Luann and Vicki and Kim and a good portion of the ATL cast, Kelly has no self-awareness and is a little mean. She could be so dismissive I found her hard to watch.

I used to like how Jill seemed very loyal and generous with her family. Then I see stuff like this and I'm reminded of social-climber Jill who clearly still does. not. get. it. 

Well, the fact that she went to both events is exactly why I doubt she'll ever get asked back to NYC.  She's always trying to out fox someone.

• Love 2

This is going to sound crazy but...

I'm re-watching the first season, and I could swear that Alex wore - not once, but at least three times, including the Reunion - the earrings she got for her birthday in a future season. (The "the f*cking surprise is ruined!" episode.) I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but it made me wonder if it was a ruse to make the earrings look like a big splurge...when they were earrings that Alex already owned!

The other possibility is Alex likes dangling earrings with square-shaped white/clear stones in descending size.

ETA: the first season is still the best one, IMO!

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 5

That's true of all of them:  the REAL Nene in Atlanta Season 1 and the Fashion Show with No Fashions, Camille's Dinner Party from Hell, Prostitution Whore in NJ ... 

The only other season that comes close is NY Season 3 and Scary Island.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 2/23/2017 at 11:46 AM, archer1267 said:

The firsts are always the best but Season One of both NYC and BH (and VPR) were off the chain.  Amazing TV.

And kudos to Alex.  Let's face it.  She and Simon are odd ducks.  Still, they are good people.  A little on the shallow side but no more so than any of their cast mates.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10

I remember her from a couple of other scenes...one scene where Jill and Alex kind of got into it (I think Alex said Jill was a mean girl in that scene?).

She was also at the post-Scary Island lunch with Jill, Luann, and Kelly.

• Love 2

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @LISIN, @ONCESANE, @MYA STONE, @AETHERA.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

True confession:  Jill Zarin is my all time favorite housewife.  I just LOVED to (semi) hate her, lol ... she meant well but she was just so flawed.  And she couldn't help but show every wart on TV no matter how hard she tried to come across as *fabulous*  I think she really walked the walk in terms of being involved in charities and things, too, which always impressed me.  But she just could never get out of her own way and always ended up involved in drama.  She was a snob but down to earth, fancy but common and the show was never as good for me after she left!

I enjoyed seeing her with Bobby ... their relationship was actually interesting.  That being said, I am glad they are dealing with his health situation off-camera because who needs the additional stress at a time like this.  

Anyway, I am rooting for Bobby and wish them both good health! 

• Love 15

I think the current season (9) has been the best one yet - I've loved every episode and I will be disappointed when it ends.  There was a time when I wasn't even watching the show at all, it was so boring.  I would go so far as to say this has been my favorite season of any Housewives franchise.  The main difference for me is none of the women have babies or small children on the show, and those that do have children, they are rarely seen (Dorinda, Ramona) or not at all (Bethenny).  The rest either have grown children that are not shown (LuAnn, Sonja) or no children (Tinsley, Carole).  I.COULD.NOT.STAND the kiddie story lines around Kristen, Heather, Cindy, Alex and Jill.  OMG, just stop.  I want to be entertained by the women being social, not dragged down by the sobering stories of their children's various health and development issues.  Or their French lessons. 

• Love 7

Haha, yes, I agree. Although, there was something pretty awesome about Silex trying to get Francois to speak French and him demanding "English!" That kid truly gave no fucks. 

This season HAS been a blast, for me. Definitely the best since the early years. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Haha, yes, I agree. Although, there was something pretty awesome about Silex trying to get Francois to speak French and him demanding "English!" That kid truly gave no fucks. 

This season HAS been a blast, for me. Definitely the best since the early years. 

I agree with the no kids policy.

Except ...

Didn't Francois try to climb Jill's leg or something?  Or perhaps I just dreamed it?  That I'd watch.  :-)

• Love 5

Jill hosted her annual Hamptons fundraiser featuring lots of present and past wives. Also, watch the embedded vid in which Jill shows off her city apartment. It looks like she's redecorated since the Brad design job that we saw (was it S2?) Altho her squat is still tchotkes-heavy, it's a bit more airy than in the past -- I think she lightened up the overall color scheme.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/real-housewives-who-attended-jill-zarin-annual-luxury-luncheon-2017-photos

• Love 3
19 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Didn't Francois try to climb Jill's leg or something?  Or perhaps I just dreamed it?  That I'd watch.  :-)

NO, I don't think it was Jill's leg, but some stranger at a party. I think Lu saw it, and told Jill, and Jill found it appropriate to passive-aggressively chide Alex about it at a party.  Francois was pretty wild, no doubt. But I kind of loved his non-compliance when filming. 

13 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

Jill hosted her annual Hamptons fundraiser featuring lots of present and past wives. Also, watch the embedded vid in which Jill shows off her city apartment. It looks like she's redecorated since the Brad design job that we saw (was it S2?) Altho her squat is still tchotkes-heavy, it's a bit more airy than in the past -- I think she lightened up the overall color scheme.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/real-housewives-who-attended-jill-zarin-annual-luxury-luncheon-2017-photos

Alli looks really pretty! Jill's dress doesn't seem age appropriate to me. And I don't mean to age-shame. It just looks "off" on her. Ramona looks HORRIBLE! I don't even know who she is anymore. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would love to know what exactly Ramona asked her cosmetic surgeon to do. She doesn't look younger or better. She just looks different. 

She got an IPL , a laser peel.

People who get plastic surgery often don't look younger, just a different kind of old.

Of course it's a ymmv and there are some who look fantastic but seriously one can usually guess their age and the most anyone is ever going to look is about 5 years younger with or without surgery, no one looks decades younger without camera filters and photoshop and I'd like to see what they look like in the harsh light of day. Hair, make up and clothing are very important to achieving a youthful appearance but it's just smoke and mirrors upon closer inspection.

Christie Brinkley is a true and rare exception but she has taken serious care of herself her entire life. She admits to fillers and wearing flesh colored hose to make her legs look perfect. But I have never seen her in person so I can only go by pictures. She might look like a well cared for 60 something if we get close enough.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would love to know what exactly Ramona asked her cosmetic surgeon to do. She doesn't look younger or better. She just looks different. 

Ramona needs to stop trying.  I have no idea what they do to her when she is on WWHL or the Reunion but it does not match the face we see in more candid photos.

• Love 6
On 7/11/2017 at 7:46 AM, KungFuBunny said:

19933400_367758533640245_856435817771643

Her son's name is Cash. Does anyone remember the daughter's name?

I didn't even remember that she had more than one kid. That's how memorable she is to me. I find her so depressing. Josh was clearly cheating on her, and he had so little respect for her.

• Love 3

So glad that Bobby Zarin pulled through his health crisis.  I am rooting for him. 

Bobby beat cancer while putting up with Jill. The man is a saint.

• Love 7

Wow, I don't think I ever saw that clip. The closet isn't THAT bad. I think that might work for a very young infant. But wasn't Kingsley walking (or at the age she was SUPPOSED to be walking, and was delayed) when Kristen came on the show? She needs an actual room! I mean, is she in Cash's closet? How does that work, if she cries in the night? Seems kind of fire hazard-ish as well. I knew Kristen had a nanny, but I didn't realize she was a live-in. I don't really see the need for that when you don't work, but whatever...

• Love 5

She needs an actual room! I mean, is she in Cash's closet? How does that work, if she cries in the night? Seems kind of fire hazard-ish as well. I knew Kristen had a nanny, but I didn't realize she was a live-in. I don't really see the need for that when you don't work, but whatever...

Yeah, it does seem like it would be an awkward set-up, and somewhat disruptive to Cash for her to be in his closet.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, it does seem like it would be an awkward set-up, and somewhat disruptive to Cash for her to be in his closet.

I saw this on an episode of Selling NY.  I think the generally small size of NYC apts and high prices makes this not unusual.  But yeah, having a live-in nanny when you don't work and can't afford a real room for one of your children is ridiculous.

Edited by Mrs peel
Darned Apple auto-correct: "apts" and "spots" are not the same thing.
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I saw this on an episode of Selling NY.  I think the generally small size of NYC spots and high prices makes this not unusual.  But yeah, having a live-in nanny when you don't work and can't afford a real room for one of your children is ridiculous.

How is the child going to take it one day, when they realize the nanny had priority over them?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

How is the child going to take it one day, when they realize the nanny had priority over them?

Well, if daddy is making lots more bucks by that time, she won't care.  And if the nanny is still around, she may be more bonded to the nanny than mommy and daddy, somwont mind either.  Or it'll be the subject of much expensive therapy, paid for by mommy and daddy.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

So glad that Bobby Zarin pulled through his health crisis.  I am rooting for him. 

But a double date with the Waikiles... really?  Rich looks utterly ridiculous.

http://www.realitytea.com/2017/08/07/jill-zarin-shares-update-bobbys-release-hospital/

Is that Rich's real hair grown out and highlighted?!?!  OMG

Glad Bobby is out of the hospital but doesn't look good.  I fucking hate the Beast (cancer) with every fiber of my being.

I'm so confused as to why Jill wants to hang with the Waikiles.  BUT in some ways it is refreshing since there are so many HW who would never friend down (same as date down but with friends) due to their lack of money and/or status.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Maybe the nanny could cook? or (apparently this is important in hiring a nanny) do blowouts or wait in line for sample sales....priorities, people!  

• Love 2
On 8/7/2017 at 3:49 PM, crgirl412 said:

Is that Rich's real hair grown out and highlighted?!?!  OMG

Glad Bobby is out of the hospital but doesn't look good.  I fucking hate the Beast (cancer) with every fiber of my being.

I'm so confused as to why Jill wants to hang with the Waikiles.  BUT in some ways it is refreshing since there are so many HW who would never friend down (same as date down but with friends) due to their lack of money and/or status.   

Jesus Mary and JOSEPH I was not prepared for THAT!

OMG indeed.

• Love 1

It appears that Bobby Zarin's health is deteriorating, unfortunately. Jill just posted on her Twitter about a short trip she took to Boca to celebrate her parent's 60th anniversary and she is catching hell for leaving him (which I think is a tad bit unfair ... he was left with family and in the care of his live-in nurse and Jill was only gone for a day or two and it was her parents' 60th anniversary on Christmas day).

She's also getting criticized for working in the fact that she was (of course) travelling by private plane, lol. Never change Jill, never change.

I don't know how to post links on my Kindle but if you just google Jill Zarin Twitter or Jill Zarin  Instagram it's all right there. 

Anyway, I realize that Jill can be all kinds of annoying but I believe that she truly loves Bobby and what they're going through I would not wish on anyone. I don't understand why even her worst haters can't find it within themselves to cut her just a small break. There's nothing wrong with her taking a day or two to spend with her family in Florida ... the pressure she's under must be tremendous. The private plane reference was tacky but at this stage of the game who really cares about stuff like that?  If bragging makes her feel better at this point I say have at it, Jill.

Prayers for Bobby's comfort and for strength to those surrounding him at this time ...

• Love 21