Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Part III

Message added by formerlyfreedom,

This is the episode topic for the third episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi. If you want to deep dive on the Star Wars universe, please head to this topic. Posts that are completely off topic from the episode may be removed. Thank you!

• Start Topic

(edited)

He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.

That was intense. The character we first met as Darth Vader in ANH seems relaxed and easy-going compared to the Vader we see in this episode: wantonly killing civilians for seemingly no reason, snapping a young boy's neck using the Force, toying with Obi-Wan by dragging him through burning ore...

And of course, James Earl Jones bringing it yet again as the voice of the Sith Lord.

Edited by tkc
  • Love 14

Wow that was pretty intense. Since this is pretty early won’t really go into details plus want to collect more of my thoughts and probably watch it again. 

Seems obvious Vader had thought of this moment for a while. He could have gone for the kill a bunch of times but definitely had ideas of how he was going to get his revenge. 

Interesting look at different thoughts on the Empire at this time. 

Yes this Vader makes the OT Vader look like a reasonable person. 

Glad that JEJ sounded better than he did in Rogue One.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, ybrik said:

Glad that JEJ sounded better than he did in Rogue One.

Agree. I watched the credits to confirm that they brought him back cause he sounded like classic Vader compared to the work he delivered in Rogue One.

When they were talking about Trade Routes my first thought was damn I really should have listened to all that mumbo jumbo in TPM. Haha.

The Vader/Kenobi faceoff was intense. I knew both had to survive but I had no idea how Kenobi was getting out of the pickle he was in. And then throw in the bizarre presentation of how people were moving through that tunnel I honestly didn't expected Tara (?) to save the day. I thought she was gonna be meeting Reva running back through those tunnels first.

So I'm assuming Leia is the McGuffin of this series so stuff can continue to happen? Thankfully they dialled her precousiness down a lot this episode and I found her more bearable. I'm not that clued up with Jedi talent, but based on the conversation Leia had with Obi-Wan about her real mother - is it possible for Leia to get a sense of Obi-Wan's memories of Padme (and show that happening perhaps) which would allow that line in Jedi about remembering her mother finally make sense in some kind of way?

Also, as a movie only Star Wars fan should I know who Quinlan is/was?

• Love 6
(edited)

Okay so after watching this episode Reva is *definitely* one of the younglings that escaped in the flashback in the first ep. Her reaction with she sees the Jedi symbol carved into the wall of the droid maintenance facility clinched it for me. It would explain why the other inquisitors have distain for her as well if she was a Jedi youngling

Obi-Wan slip of the tongue when he called "Leia" by her actual name and not the pseudonym was painful to see though, he did cover it well and then they had a another conversation about Padme, and how Obi-Wan wishes he was her father. They talked about how the Jedi were his family and that reminds you there's a reason Obi-Wan is so broken right now. He's lost everyone he has ever loved and to make matters worse the fight keeps calling to him but he's not ready to jump in just yet. 

When Obi-Wan "saw" Anakin near the beginning, I must say that Hayden radiated a sense of menace and....coldness, and at the end Vader placing him into the flames so that Obi-Wan could feel what he had felt all those years ago just *cries* 

So Reva told Vader and the others that it was Kenobi who killed the GI? That makes sense.

But now little Leia is in so much trouble!!!!

@Bill1978 The Quinlan I assume they're referring to is Quinlan Vos : https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Quinlan_Vos another Jedi who also survived Order 66

Edited by Cirien
  • Love 8

Obi-Wan's very lucky that a cargo ship even had air. As it seems like it was either empty or entirely staffed by droids, the ship owners could have saved a lot of money by not running or even having life support systems. Certainly it seems like the receiving spaceport on the other end was mainly staffed by droids.

Stormtrooper literally less than two minutes before they were planning to get off the back of the truck: "it's a long way". C'mon.

Wow, Obi-Wan is not being cautious at all, just openly speaking about being a Jedi while maybe just six feet behind Freck, an Empire sympathizer. BTW, I keep waiting for Obi-Wan to bust out the ol Jedi mind trick, but aside from Freck, I guess there too many people around. 

How did a heavy-breathing, heavy-footed cyborg get the drop on Obi-Wan in the quarry?

Why did Vader just stand there like a chump while Ned-B took Obi-Wan away? Vader still has Force powers and his main goal here was to burn Obi-Wan into a crisp. He coulda just dragged Ned-B and Obi-Wan back into the fire.

If they put ol Ben in a bacta tank next episode, I'm gonna get Book of Boba Fett PTSD.

2 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

I thought she was gonna be meeting Reva running back through those tunnels first.

Me too. Maybe the tunnels branch? But then Tala would have been wildly irresponsible to tell Leia to run to the spaceport if she coulda gotten lost.

1 hour ago, Cirien said:

It would explain why the other inquisitors have distain for her as well if she was a Jedi youngling

I thought all the Inquisitors were turned Jedi or younglings?

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, arc said:

Obi-Wan's very lucky that a cargo ship even had air.

I hand waved that as Faux Jedi set it up for an escape.

I was amused by the Inquisitor bickering.  The others reallly don't like Reva, probably because she shows initiative and gets shit done.   That one guy running to give Vader the news, lol.     I'm wondering if her ultimate goal is to supplant Vader at the Emperor's side?  I hope they don't suddenly make her turn back from the Dark Side.  Nothing wrong with just being a villain.

Though the scenes are well done, the Vader/Obi-Wan fight lacks any real tension; I'm just curious as to how Obi-Wan will get out of it.  I WAS nodding my head when Vader said "you should have killed me".    Still, I was pleasantly surprised that we got the face off now and to see that Vader is quite bloodthirsty in his desire for revenge; urged on by the Emperor, no doubt.

However -

35 minutes ago, arc said:

Why did Vader just stand there like a chump while Ned-B took Obi-Wan away? Vader still has Force powers and his main goal here was to burn Obi-Wan into a crisp. He coulda just dragged Ned-B and Obi-Wan back into the fire.

I thought the same thing.   It's not like they were being held off by a battalion.  I was wondering if Vader was afraid of fire, but that still shouldn't have stopped him form dragging both of the others through it.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, arc said:

Knowing how dramatic Anakin/Vader is, he probably realized his life would be devoid of meaning without this cat and mouse game he's plotted against Obi-Wan, and holding him prisoner to endlessly torture him will just take the fun out of it. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Cirien said:

So Reva told Vader and the others that it was Kenobi who killed the GI? That makes sense.

After facing off with rusty old man Obi-wan Vader probably doesn't believe her, but on the other hand he might not really care.

• Love 3
(edited)

Before the show began I was concerned that James Earl Jones doing Vader's voice again because he sounded so old in ROGUE ONE but holy crap! He really sounded as great as he did in the original trilogy. Vader is even more terrifying now.

The moment where Leia asks Obi-Wan if  she's her real father had me tearing.

Damn you Freck, I was starting to like you.

Loved the Quinlan Vos name drop.

Edited by Fool to cry
  • Love 7

It was always obvious that this show would bring the feels over Obi-Wan's regrets about Anakin, but I wasn't expecting so many Padme feels too. Obi-Wan covering his slip-up in front of the stormtroopers by saying he looked at Leia and saw her mother's face? Leia realizing that Obi-Wan knew her mother and asking if he was her father? Just feels, feels, feels all the way!

I also loved Leia asking Obi-Wan about the Force and Tia(sp?) about being a Rebel. That's my girl!

Oh, Anakin. So warped and evil but just as emo as ever. Dragging Obi-Wan through fire so he could feel what Anakin felt was extra as hell. All kinds of sad feels on Obi-Wan's side, though. The way he staggered when he first felt Anakin's presence got to me. (Side note: it's weird, but between the emotional stuff with Obi-Wan and knowing that Hayden is back in the role, I find I'm thinking "Anakin" first whenever I look at him, not "Vader.")

The Inquisitors vying for Vader's approval reminded me of the Empire guys fighting over credit for the Death Star in Rogue One. I'm sure at least one of them will "choke on their ambition" before this is all over.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, angora said:

I'm sure at least one of them will "choke on their ambition" before this is all over.

Vader is using a Glengarry Glen Ross HR Rewards system - substituting death for steak knives

• LOL 7

Well, I was super surprised Ben was sent to a rebel and not to a bounty hunter or pirate. I’m expecting Hondo to show up either here or on Ahsoka so I really thought Kenobi was going to run into the old Jedi Sympathizer. I’m trying not to fall into the trap of hoping for cameos-I feel like Hondo is small enough to still be a good surprise. Loved them dropping Quinlan’s name. He’s trying to save Jedi babies. Just shows how different people deal with grief.

Did anyone catch/decipher other names on the wall?

Vader was intense. Killing the kid, I was not expecting that. Nor was I expecting the drag through the fire. That was bonkers. Vader thinks Kenobi is dead by the time A New Hope rolls around right?

If we get the bacta tank of flashbacks next episode, I hope we seen some Anakin, Ahsoka and Kenobi hijinks. Its nice Hayden is under the mask for Vader, but it would be really nice if we get a good flashback before that point too.

• Love 8

Vader was great and showed why he is so feared in series and great villain in general.

Reva is for me still kind of meh as rest of inqiusitors.

Obi-Wan with Leia were great too.

I kind of wonder how/when will Obi-Wan become Obi-Wan from ANH in terms of confidence and using Force.

What annoyed me in this episode was that Reva somehow beat Leia to ship and didn't run into Tala on the way or that Vader let NED-B leave with Obi-Wan. It seems kind of sloppy writing and you can't just hand waved it.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Grimnar said:

What annoyed me in this episode was that Reva somehow beat Leia to ship and didn't run into Tala on the way or that Vader let NED-B leave with Obi-Wan. It seems kind of sloppy writing and you can't just hand waved it.

I thought she left the tunnels and used her lightsaber to helicopter up the hill to beat Leia there. I thought it was a missed opportunity to get the spin flight we’ve seen in Rebels 😂 last episode we had Leia fall and then Kenobi was right there to help her up from a roof top. Lots of magical plot holes of characters getting from point a to point b in this show.

• Love 1

It's Vader time!

Usually when main villains talk trash it's usually a sign of unfounded arrogance, but Darth Vader/Anakin was kind of right that Obi-Wan really lost his skills during all of his hiding.  Too be fair, I'm sure some of it was also Obi-Wan still not over the revelation that Anakin was still alive (somewhat) and was probably hesitant about hurting him (again.)  Still, that was quite an ass-kicking there.  But I can totally believe that Vader would try to drag it out instead of just finish him, so that's why Obi-Wan will live to fight another day!  Might need a Baca tank for those burns though...

James Earl Jones definitely sounded better this go around compared to Rogue One (and reprising Mustafa in The Lion King.)  I'm guessing that was Hayden Chrisensen in the suit for most of it, although I wonder if that moment where Obi-Wan hallucinates Anakin will be a way to give him some actual face time going forward.

Also good seeing Indira Varma, but knowing how most Indira Varma characters end up, I'll be surprise if Tala sticks around for very long.  Indira isn't about those long-term commitments to shows (although she did stick around for at least a few seasons on Game of Thrones)!

Definitely thinking Reva was one of the younglings from the opening scene from the premiere.  Also looks like she might be starting to question things a little bit.  Not too much though: she is totally wanting to be Vader's righthand and will do anything to get it.  Currently putting her at odds with Fifth Brother/Sung Kang too.  Would find it funny if Vader decides on the other Inquisitor (Fourth Sister, I think?) instead.  Just like "You two are causing way too much drama here.  But Fourth Sister?  She's just doing the job!  Respect!" instead.

Unless some crazy stuff goes down on Tatoonie, Leia definitely had way more of an insane childhood compared to Luke!

• Love 9
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Indira isn't about those long-term commitments to shows (although she did stick around for at least a few seasons on Game of Thrones)!

If any Inquisitors are named Cersei...I got a bad feeling about this...

7 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I thought she left the tunnels and used her lightsaber to helicopter up the hill to beat Leia there. 

How did she know where the tunnel exit was? Also there seem to be multiple exits....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm going to assume that Reva deduced where the tunnel ended (at the space port?) and rather than run through the maze of tunnels she just went straight to the port from the outside (using some sort of vehicle). Thereby, conveniently allowing Tala to exit the tunnel to go help Obi-Wan and not run into Leia until she got to the end of the tunnel. 

2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I can totally believe that Vader would try to drag it out instead of just finish him, so that's why Obi-Wan will live to fight another day!

At first I couldn't believe that Vader would allow Obi-Wan to be whisked away, but then I realized that he doesn't want to give Obi-Wan a quick death; Vader wants to torture him both physically and mentally. He's been planning his revenge for 10 years and he's just getting started. Vader is toying with Obi-Wan, he knows he can find him anywhere now, he knows Obi-Wan is not the Jedi he used to be, and he knows Obi-Wan is terrified of him. This is the probably the most fun Vader's had in a long time. 

My heart broke for Leia when she figured out that Obi-Wan knew her real mother and when she asked him if he's her father. Then she admitted that she sometimes wonders what her real father looks like. I love these insights into Leia; yes, she grew up in a life of privilege with loving parents but there's probably a part of her that feels different and lonely. And we know her shitty cousin doesn't let her forget she's adopted. I kind of want Obi-Wan to finally relent at the end of the series and tell Leia a little bit about Padme and that would explain why Leia remembers her as "images and feelings" in ROTJ. 

Ewan continues to be phenomenal as Obi-Wan and for his performance alone I wish this series was longer. 

• Love 17

She just needed to find the tunnel by the space port.

I am kind of surprised that DV didn't walk into the fire with his steel legs and drag OWK around the fire with his metal hands. Its not like they can't be replaced if the finished is scuffed.

DV does seem like the pissed off kid to kill people left and right for no reason other than being a dick. He probably kills more empire employees then the rebels did.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Cirien said:

It would explain why the other inquisitors have distain for her as well if she was a Jedi youngling

Most, if not all Inquisitors were Jedi. The Grand Inquisitor was a Jedi Temple Guard.

Man, Vader showing up and the Vader/Obi-Wan interaction was intense.  They're really doing a good job there. I hope we get some Anakin/Obi-Wan interaction (visions,  memories).

The Leia/Obi-Wan scene where they talk about Padme was so sad.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Question: I know that was Hayden as Anakin when Obi-Wan imagined him in the field. But how much more is his involvement? Is that Hayden when we see Vader without the mask (like in the bacta tank)? And more importantly, is that him in the Vader suit? 

7 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Question: I know that was Hayden as Anakin when Obi-Wan imagined him in the field. But how much more is his involvement? Is that Hayden when we see Vader without the mask (like in the bacta tank)? And more importantly, is that him in the Vader suit? 

I believe the answer to all 3 is yes.

5 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Yes, at the end of Episode 2 when we see Vader in the bacta tank that was Hayden. In this episode when the mask was being lowered on his face that was Hayden. According to interviews Hayden did most of the suit stuff as well. I'm sure some scenes required a stunt person though. 

This was a great episode. These are the characters I care about Vader/Anakin, Obi-Wan, Leia, Luke etc. So nice seeing them and being back with them. The scene where they talked about Padme was sad. Vader is scary as hell but still living on Mustafar is so emo. Oh Anakin lol. Obi-Wan is so scared, lost, and broken. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I believe the answer to all 3 is yes.

26 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Yes, at the end of Episode 2 when we see Vader in the bacta tank that was Hayden. In this episode when the mask was being lowered on his face that was Hayden. According to interviews Hayden did most of the suit stuff as well.

Ooooh, I love it. I'm happy for Hayden that he now gets to play evil Vader and not just whiney Anakin. I can't imagine how many hours of makeup he had to endure in order to play burnt up Anakin (or as read somewhere: a chicken nugget missing its skin); putting on the Vader suit must also take time and must be heavy. 

I see they continue to have the characters say a line that they said in the OT. In episode 1 it was Obi-Wan that said "the Jedi are all but extinct", and in this episode it was Vader telling Obi-Wan "your powers are weak". He didn't add the "old man" part at the end but I did, lol. I think I caught a repeated line in episode 2 but I can't remember off the top of my head.

• Love 5

Again with the evil cliffhangers! Much as I’m hoping Leia manages to escape Reva and hurry back to Tala and Obi-Wan, I would dearly love to see her interact with Vader.

Speaking of which, the confrontation did NOT disappoint! I don’t give a crap that it retcons ANH in that he and Obi-Wan didn’t see each other before the Death Star, continuity left the franchise a long time ago. I’m just sitting back and loving the ride. I hope Hayden HAD a ball getting to do more in the Vader suit than he got in ROS. And James Earl Jones sounded as awesome as ever.

Vader setting Obi-Wan on fire…yikes. Payback is a bitch. “You should have killed me when you had the chance.” Yeah, never assume a guy is dead just because you cut off his limbs and left him burning.

If Reva was a youngling survivor, the show is still going to have a hard time making me pity her. Like, you are working for the guy that massacred your friends and it’s Obi-Wan you’re pissed at (I assume)?

Obi-Wan reminiscing about his parents and his lost brother was interesting, but the whole time, I was hoping Leia would say “I think I had a brother too.” If this show doesn’t give one hint that Leia and Luke can twin-sense each other, I’ll go nuts! 

• Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, paigow said:

If it was NED-STARK, this would be a 3 part series... 

With 10 minute/10 page descriptions of food and boiled-leather (or cracked plastic) armor. And t*ts.

5 hours ago, paigow said:

If any Inquisitors are named Cersei...I got a bad feeling about this...

Shame, shame, shame.

Edited by NJRadioGuy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

So stormtroopers, in armor with advanced technology, know they are looking for a Jedi ... but don't know what the Jedi looks like?  Or even enough about him to be suspicious on the truck?

And then the stormtrooper says it is OK to tell their story because "it's a long way ..." and 6o seconds later, they are at the location to disembark?

It's all so lazy.

And I *still* don't know why stormtroopers wear armor. It doesn't protect from anything.

And now we have Obi-Wan escorting a child ... same plot as Mandalorian. I will give the show credit for having slightly different plant locations, finally. Though everyone still lives in tents and shacks.

"The Path" should meet up with "The Way." Oh wait, looks like it did.

"Someone must have seen us ..." says Tala. You mean as you walked plainly through camp? And aside from the stormtroopers wo sent a message already?

Tala is played by a much better actor than Reva.

Loved the return of Vader, and what he (and this show) *should* be - real threats, real conflict, real consequences. The problem is that, up until now, this has seemed a kid's show, with little Leila and little Luke running and playing. This show needs to decide what it is.

Why is Ben portrayed as so weak and full of doubt? Yes, he "isn't what he used to be," but what does that say about one of the legendary jedi? He got lazy as he hid? 

Still, overall much better than the first two eps, and more akin (anakin, get it?) to the spirit of the original movies with a modern flair.

• Love 3

For people wondering why Vader let Ben go, people have to remember that he is still Anakin underneath that suit. He has spent the last ten years reliving that final battle. He made his castle on the planet where that battle took place. He is still the arrogant Jedi underneath it all. He has not gotten over losing the fight when he felt he should have been at his strongest. Now he has a chance to avenge/correct that loss but Obi Wan isn’t the fighter he once was. His ego won’t allow him to kill Obi Wan in this state. Also wondering as he stared through the flames of Obi Wan being carried off, if he wasn’t flashing back to the same thing happening with him. 

I am not bothered by Obi Wan being so weak at the moment. He is suffering from major PTSD and has lost his connection to the force. As he told Leia, he is now in the dark afraid. I think he is going to need to heal in the next episode both physically and also mentally. Once he is able to connect again with the Force we will see a different Obi Wan getting closer to the one from the episode in Rebel and in ANH.

I am wondering more and more what Reva’s end game is. Is she just trying to move up the ranks in the Inquisitors or is there something else. This episode seemed to blow out my theory that Vader had picked her to be his Inquisitor chasing after Obi Wan because Emperor didn’t want him doing it and that he provided her the information about his real identity. Now I think others here were right and she may have been a youngling during the massacre at the temple and saw Anakin and heard him being referred to as Darth Vader. Newest theory is that maybe she is trying to get in close with Vader so that she can turn on him and kill him.  

• Love 10

I don't care if it makes for problematic continuity, that fight was awesome! Although I'm super surprised that Anakin Skywalker, the biggest drama king in a galaxy far far away didn't jump on a pile of rocks while screaming, "Who has the high ground now Obi-wan??!!" 

A Quinlan Voss mention! It's good for Obi-Wan to know he's not the only Jedi alone in the galaxy, especially when Qui-Gon's been ghosting him from the Jedi afterlife. 

Sad feels for the conversation about Padme with Leia.  With so much focus on the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship, it sometimes gets lost that he and Padme were buddies too. 

• Love 12
(edited)
15 hours ago, arc said:

I was confused by that as well. Since Vader put the fire out once, why not put it out again so the stormtroopers could get to Obi-Wan? The only explanation I have is it was too easy for Vader to defeat Obi-Wan this time so he wants him to get away so he can capture him again. This would be consistent with how he lifted Luke out of that pit when they were fighting in Cloud City saying, “All too easy.”

I love how Obi-Wan tells Leia not to talk and 5 seconds later she is yelling at a stranger to stop. She listens exactly as well as I would expect at that age.

It is amazing the Empire lasted as long as it did because stormtroopers are incompetent. I kept waiting for them to connect the dots and realize the random guy hanging out in the middle of nowhere was the the Jedi they were looking for  in that very area.

Edited by Athena5217
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, Cirien said:

they had a another conversation about Padme, and how Obi-Wan wishes he was her father.

It has been a long time since I have watched the prequels and I was a little surprised by this. Was there some attraction between Padme and Obi-Wan? I remember Anakin getting jealous but I don't remember if there was any merit to it. But now when Obi-Wan is asked specifically if he had sex with Leia's mother he responds "I wish!"

15 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Vader probably doesn't believe her, but on the other hand he might not really care.

I don't think Reva is fooling Vader for one second with her "look what evil Obi-Wan did to the First Inquisitor!" I definitely read it as him not caring. To paraphrase a famous philosopher, he started this gangsta shit.

11 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

Well, I was super surprised Ben was sent to a rebel and not to a bounty hunter or pirate.

Speaking of which, why did the Rebel abandon her Imperial Officer disguise? They're sneaking around when she should just be waltzing around like she owns the place. I guess based on this and a scene from the Mandalorian (and the Bad Batch now that I think of it), stealing Imperial gear to use as a disguise only works until anything more than cursory scrutiny is applied.

17 hours ago, arc said:

BTW, I keep waiting for Obi-Wan to bust out the ol Jedi mind trick, but aside from Freck, I guess there too many people around.

I am pretty sure he tried it in the first episode on the Jedi that tracked him down on Tatooine but it didn't work. I recall it being something like Obi-Wan saying "I am not the Jedi you seek" and the Jedi being all "you serious right now, homie?"

Edited to add: I was surprised by the casual brutality of that one particularly unlucky Stormtrooper getting cut in half by the laser fence. That was nasty!

Edited by dwmarch
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

It has been a long time since I have watched the prequels and I was a little surprised by this. Was there some attraction between Padme and Obi-Wan? I remember Anakin getting jealous but I don't remember if there was any merit to it. But now when Obi-Wan is asked specifically if he had sex with Leia's mother he responds "I wish!"

I interpreted Obi-Wan's comment more as wishing that the truth of this sweet little girl's background wasn't as awful as it really is. As in, "I wish the father that you so desperately want to learn about wasn't a murderous monster who force-choked your mother in a jealous rage." And as far as I could tell, there was never more than platonic friendship between Padme and Obi-Wan.  

• Like 3
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Ottis said:

Why is Ben portrayed as so weak and full of doubt? Yes, he "isn't what he used to be," but what does that say about one of the legendary jedi? He got lazy as he hid? 

Because everything he has been thru has broken him. He's lost every one he ever cared about, and everything he worked for and believed in was destroyed. 

Wow, that scene of Vadar going thru the camp and randomly killing people was terrifying. You want a real menacing villain, there you have it. He didn't even have to say a word. 

The way Reva reacted to the carvings inside the safe house it seems that she has some very deep rooted resentment towards the Jedi (Obi-Wan in particular) but I just don't understand why. I'm not sure what the Jedi were supposed to do as they were being hunted and slaughtered. 

23 minutes ago, Cherpumple said:

I interpreted Obi-Wan's comment more as wishing that the truth of this sweet little girl's background wasn't as awful as it really is. As in, "I wish the father that you so desperately want to learn about wasn't a murderous monster who force-choked your mother in a jealous rage." And as far as I could tell, there was never more than platonic friendship between Padme and Obi-Wan.  

Right. Unlike Anakin who had trouble separating his feelings, I cannot imagine Obi-Wan ever even considering this. The closest they ever came to him showing even remotely romantic feelings for some one (in Clone Wars) he still chose the Jedi creed over everything. He just seems like way too much of a purist to ever stray from his beliefs. 

So cool seeing Indira Varma show up on this show, especially because of her ties to Mando - Pedro Pascal from GOT. 

I'm still loving all of the Ben and Leia interactions....though as we get closer to the end my hopes are being dashed for a certain reunion I would have loved to see.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, paigow said:

How did Reva beat Leia to the pilot without being seen? There was a shorter path but Leia was sent on the scenic route?

The "scenic route" was a hidden tunnel.  Reva probably figured that anyone going through the tunnel would be heading for the port area and got there first.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

Although I'm super surprised that Anakin Skywalker, the biggest drama king in a galaxy far far away didn't jump on a pile of rocks while screaming, "Who has the high ground now Obi-wan??!!" 

Ha! His “I am what you made me” was pretty drama king though. Seriously, shut up, Anakin. You betrayed the Jedi, massacred a bunch of younglings, and assaulted your pregnant wife. You were a mobster long before you got burned and amputated.

4 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

Definitely, but we can’t argue that he would have been much better for Padme, for multiple reasons. It’s a shame ROS didn’t play up Anakin’s paranoid jealousy that something was going on between them, that might have made things more interesting.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Ha! His “I am what you made me” was pretty drama king though. Seriously, shut up, Anakin. You betrayed the Jedi, massacred a bunch of younglings, and assaulted your pregnant wife...

and the reason why Mace Windu died instead of Palpatine

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I'm kind of surprised they had Obi Wan and Vader face off so early in the series. I figured that would be an episode 5 thing, but now that Reva has Leia, I'm wondering if the premise of this show is based off the throw away line in RotJ when Vader realizes Leia is his daughter and tells Luke that "Obi Wan was wise to hide her from me."

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, ybrik said:

Newest theory is that maybe she is trying to get in close with Vader so that she can turn on him and kill him.  

That's a possibility but, I don't think it's for any "good" Jedi reason. Revenge is not the High Ground...I mean Jedi way 😃

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

Who has the high ground now Obi-wan??!!" 

The flashback to ROTS when he said I have the High Ground, I started cackling...Robot Chicken has supplanted ROTS in my mind 😆

10 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

A Quinlan Voss mention! It's good for Obi-Wan to know he's not the only Jedi alone in the galaxy, especially when Qui-Gon's been ghosting him from the Jedi afterlife. 

I think that's more Obi-Wan losing connection to the Force or cutting himself off from The Force.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Ottis said:

"The Path" should meet up with "The Way." Oh wait, looks like it did.

I mean Obi Wan has quite the history with Duchess Satine, maybe we'll se Bo-Katan show up.

1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

I mean Obi Wan has quite the history with Duchess Satine, maybe we'll se Bo-Katan show up.

She needs to be about 15 years younger than Mando!Bo 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, paigow said:

She needs to be about 15 years younger than Mando!Bo 

In the realm of Star Wars de-aging, that's nothing. They probably wouldn't even have to CGI KS face for that!

29 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

BTW I can't tell if they are teasing us or just refuse to do it but, where was the Hello There?! Perfect opportunity wasted 😃

Definite tease. Plus he’s really not Obi-Wan right now-he’s Ben. I bet we get one when he start actually believes in the Force again. Right now he’s pretty lost. I thought the closest we’ve been to to Obi-Wan is when he was negotiating with the Jawa about his stolen equipment that they gave back dirty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Definite tease. Plus he’s really not Obi-Wan right now-he’s Ben. I bet we get one when he start actually believes in the Force again. Right now he’s pretty lost. I thought the closest we’ve been to to Obi-Wan is when he was negotiating with the Jawa about his stolen equipment that they gave back dirty.

Good point.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

BTW I can't tell if they are teasing us or just refuse to do it but, where was the Hello There?! Perfect opportunity wasted 😃

From animated Clone Wars, Grievous actually said it first to Obi-Wan, so it was Kenobi doing an ironic callback before their death match... using it on Vader would be less impactful than High Ground or Chosen One.... 

• Useful 1