Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Part III

Message added by formerlyfreedom,

This is the episode topic for the third episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi. If you want to deep dive on the Star Wars universe, please head to this topic. Posts that are completely off topic from the episode may be removed. Thank you!

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Sorry, I haven't encountered too many Inquisitors in the EU (which it seems you need to have some familiarity with when watching Obi-Wan)...but what is the rationale for Force sensitive people to allow themselves to be used as tools to hunt/kill their fellow Force sensitives?  Is it akin to some Jews collaborating with Nazis so those Jews escape punishment/get preferential treatment?

Users of the dark side of the force don’t play well with others. The Sith are governed by the rule of two: only two Sith Lords could exist at any given time. Those two are Palpatine and Vader. The Inquistors are not yet Sith and are all trying to be top dog to one day be Vader’s apprentice (or usurp Vader and become Palatine’s apprentice). Bringing more force users into the fold is not beneficial to them. 
That’s why the Fifth Brother was pissed at Reva for trying to jump the line.

As for why they would go to the darkside there are probably a lot of reasons but if your willing to sell your soul it has to be better to use your abilities freely than to hide them or be on the run. Plus it’s probably hard to develop empathy when you grow up in a philosophy that requires on emotional ties. 

While at the same time Palpatine is also training or looking for apprentice(s) in case Vader screws up. 

12 hours ago, Dani said:

Bringing more force users into the fold is not beneficial to them.

But knowing where they are and controlling them by making them hunt Jedi is beneficial. 

• Love 2
On 6/3/2022 at 9:24 PM, ybrik said:

Then apparently if you look very closely the names of Djinn Altis, Roganda Ismaren and Valin Halcyon were on the walls. 

Apparently the name Dume(Kanan Jarrus' original last name) is on the walls as well, which makes Rebels still very much part of the canon which means that

Spoiler

the Grand Inquisitor's death in Rebels is still canon.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

While at the same time Palpatine is also training or looking for apprentice(s) in case Vader screws up. 

But knowing where they are and controlling them by making them hunt Jedi is beneficial. 

Yeah, they are always looking for someone to use or to replace the other. Palpatine had no problem replacing Maul with Dooku , and Dooku with Anakin. He wanted to replace Vader with Luke. Vader's always looking for someone to help him over throw Palplatine so he can move up.  That what they do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I did like how Vader actually used the force while fighting Obi Wan. About time someone thought to use that to their advantage.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:30 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Most, if not all Inquisitors were Jedi. The Grand Inquisitor was a Jedi Temple Guard.

How would that work? It's been years since I watched Ep 3 but I seem to remember that the storm troopers got the order and then started shooting. It is not like they conducted interviews before they started murdering Jedis.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

How would that work? It's been years since I watched Ep 3 but I seem to remember that the storm troopers got the order and then started shooting. It is not like they conducted interviews before they started murdering Jedis.

I guess anyone that was wounded but not immediately killed was captured, tortured and some were converted to Inquisitors.  Vader/Palpatine usually chose mildly talented Force Users/Jedi to become Inquisitors, useful tools that posed no threat 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Since Vader handed out some payback in this episode, could Episode 3 have been called Revenge of the Sith?

…and I wonder if using the Star Wars film names for this series’ episodes could work in general? Hmmm…

I think this is one of those shows that will only partially engage me so I need to be doing something else while watching.  

Obi-Wan's trust issues are a little too simplistic and one-note.  So if they had just waited in the field and not hitch a ride, they would have been picked up?  I guess the truck driver would have alerted the storm troopers to check them out, regardless.

I did like the conversation between Obi-wan and Leia about her mother.

I liked the lady in the resistance helping them.  Leaving Leia to travel the rest of the way herself was a tad ridiculous.  Though she would probably have been killed by Reva if she had gone with Leia. 

Speaking of Reva, still annoying.  She makes the Inquisitors in clown makeup seem reasonable.

I can't say I care too much about the Darth Vader/Obi-Wan stuff.  I guess it's been too long since I've seen the prequels.