Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Us

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Randall spin-off?! Oy vey, shoot me now! It would be endless Pearson campaign speeches.

No. Thank. You! Though the finale was a disappointment, the series should stand on its own. A Randall spin-off would be dull and unrelentingly saccharine. And, quite honestly, SKB is so talented, he would be doing himself a disservice not moving on from This is Us.

• Love 19

I liked the ending.  I wasn’t really expecting anything huge because I thought the point they were trying to make us that it’s all the little moments that tell your story and you spend your whole life looking back at them because you were too busy looking forward.  I agree it’s not Six Feet Under, which kept looking forward and it’s probably my favorite ending of a series, but I though TIU did a good job of letting us enjoy the Pearsons one moment at a time and though maybe not the  most popular opinion but I love Jack so I was glad to relieve her moments with him.

*I love Miguel too and Beth’s snark about Randall traveling to Puerto Rico to swim in the ocean….I swear they read this board 😂

• Love 11
(edited)

I was and am approving of them sticking with the original idea of six seasons to tell a story. We all know there are shows that overstay their welcome just because they are moneymakers for their networks. I also feel like we did get a fairly complete story. I just had way higher expectations for the wind-down and finale. 

I'm left wondering if Fogelman does have his eye on a spin off and didn't want to hamstring himself again with too much future already set in stone.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Kate's nightmare of the Big Three drifting after Rebecca's death made me think. If Kate, Kevin and Randall ever did drift, what would be the reason or why would it happen? If one of them was slowly cut out of the other two's lives who would it be?

I think it's going to be Randall drifting away from Kate and Kevin. He was never as close with either of them as they were with each other. The family member with whom he was closest was Rebecca, and she's gone now. They'll probably still see each other a few times a year for holidays and other big events, but I doubt that they'll be talking every day (especially with Randall being busy running the country 🙄). 

• Love 17
(edited)

Beth's worst case scenario had me literally laughing at every line. I really hope Susan Kelechi Watson gets a new show soon.

Edited by AvidFan
  • Love 19
29 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I think it's going to be Randall drifting away from Kate and Kevin. He was never as close with either of them as they were with each other. The family member with whom he was closest was Rebecca, and she's gone now. They'll probably still see each other a few times a year for holidays and other big events, but I doubt that they'll be talking every day (especially with Randall being busy running the country 🙄). 

And in the case of the third generation, Deja, Tess and Annie are in their mid-twenties, out of the house, and in Deja's case she's pregnant. Jack, Hailey, Nicky and Frannie, on the other hand, are young tweenagers. Kevin and Kate's children will grow up closer to each other than their older cousins* just because at the time frame we ended the series there is such an age gap between Randall's three girls and Kevin/Kate's kids.

*For Jack, Nicky and Frannie's sake I hope the New Big Three thing wasn't a thing their entire lives.

• Love 7

This was an aggressively mediocre episode. It should've ended with the Big 3 chant imo. A better final few minutes literally would've been showing clips from the series as things Dead Rebecca is remembering.

This season was honestly a bit bland at points - they made it a season partially about Kate and that was not the direction to go this season - as quite a few of us have said, they wasted some episodes on the wedding. IMO they should've had Katoby end at the wedding, then a Five Years of Randall episode (ending at the wedding), and then a Five Years of Kevin episode (having the last bit being what happened at the wedding, culminating with him ending up with Sophie). The way they did the time skip was just poorly executed.

Also, President Randall Pearson sounds terrifying and useful at the same time. Terrifying because he'd be able to control the populace with a speech. Useful because he'd be able to pass useful legislation (hopefully) with a speech. Hopefully his key pieces of legislation wouldn't be renaming things after his parents (adopted and bio), declaring their birthdays national holidays, and making their graves national parks.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Ohmo said:

I think this will damage the series longevity in streaming.  I don't know that I'd tell someone to invest in the series knowing how it ends and how the entire last year was handled.  Can't put this on a network.  I'm sure NBC would have been quite happy to renew it.  This is all on Fogelman.

Well I loved the series and all it took was this final episode for me to not care it has ended. I feel nothing. 

• Love 14

Seriously, I cannot watch the series again....all about the love for Randall and Bug.

President???

International curriculum maker and now going to open lots of musical schools? How?

Kevin was ignored...young and now. Yet grew into the most generous and caring of all of them.

I get we saw little of Kevin with his and Sophia's kids, but we never saw lots of fun and laughter and life lessons with Kate and Randall's kids like when they grew up.

Kate was always upset, Randall too involved in anything else, and then with Deja.

I just never saw the family is everything and a MUST Jack and Rebecca in their children raising their families.

• Love 8
On 5/25/2022 at 12:30 AM, Triviatrish2 said:

In all of TV LAND, there have only been 2 final episodes that are worthy.  Number 1. Six Feet Under...Number 2. A Place to Call Home (an Australian series).  

Just loving the APTCH love.   

I think the significance with it being Deja rather than Tess and Annie (although I will always be bugged that we know so little about Tess and most especially Annie) is healing for Randall who had some really awful moments with regards to how his siblings felt about him/his kids due to his adoption.   Kate saying she was the only one who could carry on Jack's genes being the prime example.  

For Randall this is him having a moment where his adopted daughter is carrying on William's legacy in a way it was in him carrying on Jack's.  

Althouhg mr I have nothing to live for was such a poor, poor, poor way to get to that moment.  If I was Beth and the girls (including Deja) I'd have walked out.   

• Love 8
On 5/24/2022 at 10:17 PM, dingochick said:

Lastly, anyone else feel like adult Deja sounds like regular Deja? 

Ye, she does. The casting in this show was one of the best I have ever seen when it comes to different actors playing the same character in different ages. Even the kids were great and totally believable as their older counterparts.

I liked the ending. It wasn't anything over the top. Randall wanting to be president was maybe a bit too far but since they only threw the idea and no real action, I was fine with it.  The whole thing was easy and peaceful, the siblings clearly on their own feet and consistent with the rest of the series. 

I will miss the show. IT was the only one I didn't hate watch and I appreciated the writing, the little nuances, the connections between timelines and, already mentioned, the casting. It left me wanting more, which I don't remember feeling with other shows. All the others I am just happy it is over.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

*COUGH*Grey’s Anatomy*COUGH*

Law and order SVU - Olivia is captain and with grandchildren entering the force (I don't know if she is captain. I don't overstay my watching)

6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I agree it’s not Six Feet Under, which kept looking forward and it’s probably my favorite ending of a series

I watched SFU  (haha, the acronym!) after the show had ended and I didn't find it easy to watch at all. Sometimes I had to stop the episode halfway. I found the ending interesting, but din't really like it. 

• Love 3

The title of the episode should’ve been “This Is Meh”. For a show where the world is changed every time a main character sneezes, I was expecting a little more.

”So we’re orphans in our mid-fifties. What do we do now?”

”I’m going to run for POTUS for mom!”

”I’m going to open music schools for blind kids all around the world like Oprah because no one ever thought about using music as therapy!”

”I’m going to pitch the Grand Manny because throwing money at every problem this family faces has left me penniless.”

Once I got married and had children, I would never think of my parents and siblings first if someone asked me to describe my family, particularly now that I am in my fifties. I don’t know if that’s pathetic or sad, but it certainly is typical Pearson behavior.

I’m going to miss this show. The self important navel-gazing got to be a bit much sometimes, the dropped plot points could be annoying, the surprise twists were often ridiculous, but the acting was always first-rate and the flash forward/back concept was original. It is literally one of the last network shows that we watch.  Time to cut the cord and go streaming only. Plus it was a very “snarkable” show for these forums!

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Ohmo said:

NBC did not cancel this show.  Fogelman wanted it to be over.  This entire season was a waste of time.  We sprinted through the season to fulfill some artificial deadline, and then arrived at a bland finale. 

With Fogelman now saying TIU was most likely the prequel to This is Randall as POTUS I think he wants to move onto that and had to get rid of all the other characters so  he could do that.   

• Love 1
10 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:
11 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

We all know there are shows that overstay their welcome just because they are moneymakers for their networks.

*COUGH*Grey’s Anatomy*COUGH*

lol...I was going to say "thanks for the reminder that Grey's season finale is on tonight!"

2 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

I’m going to miss this show. The self important navel-gazing got to be a bit much sometimes, the dropped plot points could be annoying, the surprise twists were often ridiculous, but the acting was always first-rate and the flash forward/back concept was original. It is literally one of the last network shows that we watch.  Time to cut the cord and go streaming only. Plus it was a very “snarkable” show for these forums!

I don't know how much I'll miss it. I enjoyed it but I was ready for it to end at least by early in the season. But the snark was definitely a nice bonus.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

With Fogelman now saying TIU was most likely the prequel to This is Randall as POTUS I think he wants to move onto that and had to get rid of all the other characters so  he could do that.   

Well, that's one show I'll never watch.  I couldn't stand the heavy focus on Randall throughout the series.  And I think the way Kevin was almost totally ignored in this episode is a crime.

But, did you know Randall was a foundling abandoned at a fire station?  S'truth!

And luckily for Randall, Kevin and Kate's triplet died at birth, so Randall got to go home with parents who doted on him to the detriment of their biological children.

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, CdrJanny said:

I couldn't stand the heavy focus on Randall throughout the series.

Randall didn't bother me too much till they moved to Philadelphia.  From then on I actively disliked him.

20 minutes ago, CdrJanny said:

And luckily for Randall, Kevin and Kate's triplet died at birth, so Randall got to go home with parents who doted on him to the detriment of their biological children.

This is true. And the show did the same thing with Deja.  But we never really got to see the affect that had on Annie and Tess because we barely saw Annie and Tess.

23 minutes ago, CdrJanny said:

And I think the way Kevin was almost totally ignored in this episode is a crime.

I wonder if the DVD set will have deleted scenes.  Were there scenes of Kevin that were cut or did they just not think he was an important enough character to to have some focus on him in the final episode?

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, CdrJanny said:

Well, that's one show I'll never watch.  I couldn't stand the heavy focus on Randall throughout the series.  And I think the way Kevin was almost totally ignored in this episode is a crime.

But, did you know Randall was a foundling abandoned at a fire station?  S'truth!

What's funny is how much I loved Sterling's portrayal of him and then even he started to irritate me with his ultra suaveness.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, circumvent said:

Did he say that in a serious and credible way, or was he snarking?

This is what he said.

“In my mind, I know what happens to Randall and his family, but it’s meant to not be answered and to just leave a hint of promise,” Fogelman said. “I think it’s up to the audience to decide what they think happens next with Randall. Did we watch an origin story without realizing we were watching one of a future leader of the free world?”

I think he is testing the waters. Seeing if there is an interest in continuing Randall's story.

I didn't see the whole interview so I don't know if he even has any thoughts or even cares about Kevin and Kate's future.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Was what she said supposed to be funny?  I thought it was cruel. 

I got the same feeling.  While Randall has often been insufferable, this felt less like she was having fun with him than poking at him, trying to get under his skin.  

• Love 3

Well I was a puddle of tears almost from the opening…of The Train. This? Just kind of left me wondering what it was. That they focused almost entirely on Randall, and then on Randall and deja, was incomprehensible, and yet totally expected. I kept waiting for Kevin to be shown doing something. Anything. Talking to Rebecca (more than just ‘ I love you.’ Is that the only thing he had left to say?) talking to his children. Anything. I did like the chant at the end, but POTUS randall? Yeah count me out. I also thought it was odd that TAWP grown up Tess looked much older than Deja, when in fAct she’s about 3 or 4 years younger.

and I'm not clear where the other family fit in.  For a minute I thought Marcus was Deja’s boyfriend, but the more I saw him and his siblings, the more I knew it couldn’t be. Those kids were a good 8-10 years younger than the Big 3, so Marcus would be much older than Deja. Did Kevin start an Alzheimer’s nonprofit and Marcus works for him? Other than the brief interaction with his father and Jack, there was no parallel….

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

Did Kevin start an Alzheimer’s nonprofit and Marcus works for him? Other than the brief interaction with his father and Jack, there was no parallel….

Nope, the only connection is Jack and the dad talking in the hospital. Then Marcus happens to go on to develop some groundbreaking Alzheimer's treatment, but that is not directly connected to Rebecca in any way.

Kevin's non-profit is the homebuilding company that hires veterans.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

This is what he said.

“In my mind, I know what happens to Randall and his family, but it’s meant to not be answered and to just leave a hint of promise,” Fogelman said. “I think it’s up to the audience to decide what they think happens next with Randall. Did we watch an origin story without realizing we were watching one of a future leader of the free world?”

I think he is testing the waters. Seeing if there is an interest in continuing Randall's story.

I didn't see the whole interview so I don't know if he even has any thoughts or even cares about Kevin and Kate's future.

i don't think he is talking about a possible spin off or even has in his mind the seed of an idea for that. I think he is just musing about the story that was told and the possibilities left for the viewers to expand about it. Actually, I would bet that he never really thought about a follow up.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Nope, the only connection is Jack and the dad talking in the hospital. Then Marcus happens to go on to develop some groundbreaking Alzheimer's treatment, but that is not directly connected to Rebecca in any way.

Kevin's nonprofit pays veterans to build houses, and it sure would have been nice to see more of that. However, Marcus's family storyline is directly related to the Pearson's because it's all about the Lemonade Legacy spreads and carries beyond the family -- it's because of Marcus failed cancer research lemons that he was ready to give up on before his siblings' Lemonade speech urged him to keep trying and realize that he could make an Alzheimers drug instead, bringing things full circle.

Did I necessarily WANT to spend what few moments we had left of this series on those people while Kevin and all the grandkids not named Deja got shortchanged? Not really, but it absolutely fits both as a theme/in a torch bearer way and is something the show has done for years. Remember the redheaded girl with the horse? All the time spent with Randall's mom's friend and his grandkid?

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, LeisureTime said:

However, Marcus's family storyline is directly related to the Pearson's because it's all about the Lemonade Legacy spreads and carries beyond the family -- it's because of Marcus failed cancer research lemons that he was ready to give up on before his siblings' Lemonade speech urged him to keep trying and realize that he could make an Alzheimers drug instead, bringing things full circle.

Yeah, I just meant that he didn't go into AD research because he personally knew Rebecca or her family. It just coincidentally turned out to be his lemonade.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

This is what he said.

I'm surprised that there ever was date certain/episode certain end of a popular show like this which made me think there would be sequels.

Okay, so I don't have kids. And have never been pregnant. How on earth is it possible Deja knew she was having a boy when she had just found out she was pregnant right before Rebecca died? She (and Beth) had been keeping it a secret for a little while, I know, but she hadn't even told Malik! She sends him a picture of the pregnancy test! Has she been sitting on it for two or three months?  Rebecca dies, they have a memorial, she's had an ultrasound. Don't they do those at about three or four months? Was there a lag of a month or so after Rebecca died for the memorial? 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

Okay, so I don't have kids. And have never been pregnant. How on earth is it possible Deja knew she was having a boy when she had just found out she was pregnant right before Rebecca died? She (and Beth) had been keeping it a secret for a little while, I know, but she hadn't even told Malik! She sends him a picture of the pregnancy test! Has she been sitting on it for two or three months?  Rebecca dies, they have a memorial, she's had an ultrasound. Don't they do those at about three or four months? Was there a lag of a month or so after Rebecca died for the memorial? 

My first thought was "don't you usually find out at an ultrasound? Why was she waiting for an email?" But there's a blood test that you can get and google suggests it can be done as early as 8-10 weeks, so maybe she had that done? And it's several years in the future so maybe that tech is more advanced by then, too...

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

The title of the episode should’ve been “This Is Meh”. For a show where the world is changed every time a main character sneezes, I was expecting a little more.

”So we’re orphans in our mid-fifties. What do we do now?”

”I’m going to run for POTUS for mom!”

”I’m going to open music schools for blind kids all around the world like Oprah because no one ever thought about using music as therapy!”

”I’m going to pitch the Grand Manny because throwing money at every problem this family faces has left me penniless.”

Once I got married and had children, I would never think of my parents and siblings first if someone asked me to describe my family, particularly now that I am in my fifties. I don’t know if that’s pathetic or sad, but it certainly is typical Pearson behavior.

Weirdly, almost everyone I know thinks of their parents and children before their own families!  I think this is fucked up, but what do I know?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

My first thought was "don't you usually find out at an ultrasound? Why was she waiting for an email?" But there's a blood test that you can get and google suggests it can be done as early as 8-10 weeks, so maybe she had that done? And it's several years in the future so maybe that tech is more advanced by then, too...

You can find out the chromosomal makeup of your fetus from a blood test in the first trimester. 

I loved this show (despite its flaws) and I was pleased with the ending. I do wish they had done more flash forwards (why give us adult Jack and Hailey for two hot minutes in the beginning of season 4 then??).

But I appreciated the finale in the sense that life does go on. We grieve because we were loved, and love continues on. 

• Love 4

As mentioned I enjoyed the finale, small glimpses into their routine life, before some of them knew they were actually in the good times.  I think it is because they focused a lot on the younger characters.  I personally didn’t need to see anymore of adult Kevin then I did in the finale. Up until roughly 40, he was kind of an asshole from his teens up to then.  I really didn’t care about him and Sophie (or him and Madison for that matter but mostly because I dislike her). The only time I really enjoyed him were his scenes with Nicky and when he talked about the non-profit. 

I can’t even get into the nonsense of Kate, Mistress of the Universe to all things musical for the Blind.  The only scene I enjoyed was her scene with Toby and even that was ruined because we had to hear how great and wonderful she was. WHERE?

Randall is Randall for the most part I like him the best out of the 3 but I think he benefits a lot from my good will towards Beth. I don’t know if they were implying he was running for President or if that was the Senator position, but could someone with his crippling anxiety deal with the presidency?  Although it could be worse, they could have had Kate achieve world peace though her music curriculum (sorry I still just think her storyline is  totally preposterous)

Things I did like, I love seeing Rebecca and Jack together again (although he never left lol).  I really like them as a family before the kids became teens.  I wish it had solely focused on this was us and gave no forward scenes at all.  I would have liked the whole show to be Rebecca and Jack just to reminiscing about their life together.

Overall, I’m glad they didn’t go any more seasons after this.  I don’t think any of the characters warrant a spin-off and NO MADISON OR DEJA EVER AGAIN!!! 

• Love 6

A Tuesday night storm knocked out both satellite and OTA viewing opportunities, so I had to wait to watch this one. And…

It was not worth waiting for. Pretty disappointed. For a show that loves jumping timelines, why stop in the present? Why not give us a glimpse into the future? The idea may seem a little Six Feet Under (which would not be a bad thing), but it would be totally in keeping with the show’s structure.

Also, they would not have to stop with the future of the Pearsons we know. There could have been a little montage of future generations, people who were influenced by Jack and Rebecca even though they never met them. It could have been a hopeful and uplifting end.

But instead, we get a heavy dose of the series’ most annoying and indulgent feature: Pearson speechifying. And mourning. I know Rebecca’s death is recent, so I’ll give them leeway, but you know they’re going to be stuck in this sadness for decades.

So on second thought, maybe it’s best that we don’t see their future.

Also: Miguel got exiled to Puerto Rico? He doesn’t even get to be buried near the love of his life? That seems about right.  These people.

• Love 6

If any of the Big 3 were there for their kids like Jack and Rebecca I would have been surprised, other than perhaps Kevin although we never saw that. But I imagine he was.

Randall was not there, nor Kate. Sure, some for Deja and little Jack.

But they never had the close family togetherness they had growing up and pretending to with their own kids is ridiculous.

Randall - too up tight and solving others problems so he thought, let alone figuring himself out...investigating, swimming, purchasing buildings etc.

Kate, all morose. Never scenes with having fun with her own kids. Before or after Toby or with Phillip. Ok, a few mildly fun scenes like Mean Jerk asking her to marry him. Whatever....

Plus I don't believe Rebecca meant the whatever go big to mean POTUS and state, international star of blind music education and opening lots of music stores.

I favor Kevin...finding the love of his life yet again and just doing his own thing with his family. With Uncle Nicky beside him.

Ever notice Kate and Randall never really acknowledged Nicky was Jack's brother let alone the backstory?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So on second thought, maybe it’s best that we don’t see their future.

Also: Miguel got exiled to Puerto Rico? He doesn’t even get to be buried near the love of his life? That seems about right.  These people.

Miguel's ashes were scattered under the tree he planted with Rebecca and he was showing her before in the episode called "Miguel". The second part of his ashes were brought to P.Rico. My wishes don't matter to the writers etc but I would have loved to skip the silent funeral, show a quick glimpse of room and then silently showing them scattering her ashes under the same tree and Jack's tree the way Beth was alluding to with Randall. The scenes could be be in one minute and still be moving and in some way give homage to Miguel that part of her was with him and Jack.

Just my thought, but Dan wanted just the silent eulogies and Beth being the one who says what will happen in her hysterical "worst case" story.

• Love 6
On 5/25/2022 at 5:05 PM, Crashcourse said:

Was what she said supposed to be funny?  I thought it was cruel. 

Same!  But I've never bought into the worship of Beth as a character.  She often brings some comic relief, but I also got tired of her all knowingness too.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

They scattered half his ashes at the apple tree and then his son and Kevin scattered the other half at the baseball field in PR where he played as a kid.

I, too, would have liked to see what they did with Rebecca's (I assume since both her husbands were cremated she was, as well; I don't think they showed us that), rather than the montage of people speaking at her funeral (but I'm still glad we didn't have to actually hear it).

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

You can find out the chromosomal makeup of your fetus from a blood test in the first trimester. 

I loved this show (despite its flaws) and I was pleased with the ending. I do wish they had done more flash forwards (why give us adult Jack and Hailey for two hot minutes in the beginning of season 4 then??).

But I appreciated the finale in the sense that life does go on. We grieve because we were loved, and love continues on. 

Plus Deja didn't "just find out" she was pregnant.  She was pretty much showing already, so it wasn't like she was six weeks.  Currently, you can get a chormosomal test done on your baby at around 9 or 10 weeks.  Who knows how early it would be in the 2030s?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t know if they were implying he was running for President or if that was the Senator position...

IIRC, Randall said the DNC asked him to go to Iowa, and their references to "fried Oreos" alluded to the Iowa State Fair. That points to a POTUS run, I think.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

For a show that loves jumping timelines, why stop in the present? Why not give us a glimpse into the future? The idea may seem a little Six Feet Under (which would not be a bad thing), but it would be totally in keeping with the show’s structure.

Technically, this episode WAS set in the future, as was The Train. Rebecca dies somewhere around 2030-2032 (depending on the source) so it's already 8-10 years later than present-day. Fortunately, this is why a President Pearson spinoff is unlikely, as it would have to be set in the mid-2030s or later. Flash-forwards are one thing, but setting an entire drama (not sci-fi) series in the future would be pretty ambitious even for Fogelman.

Nitpick: "The nonprofit." Seriously, Kevin would not keep calling it that. He would call it Big Three Homes, or whatever its name is. Just calling it "the nonprofit" diminishes its meaning and I think it's very meaningful to Kevin. In fact, I wish we'd seen more of it. I suppose continually referring to it as "the nonprofit" was supposed to remind us viewers that Kevin was doing something significant with his time and resources. As someone who has been employed by several nonprofits, including a tiny start-up, no one calls it that.

• Love 7
(edited)

If Kevin is going to concentrate on the non-profit,  Big Three Homes then when, where and how did he get the Oscar (or Emmy) we saw in the first flash forward?

But please, tell me more about Deja and Randall's golden grandson.

(Sorry @Jillybean I read your post after. Fixed it ;) )

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If Kevin is going to concentrate on the non-profit,  Big Three Homes then when, where and how did he get the Oscar (or Emmy) we saw in the first flash forward?

Probably a new category that was created especially for Kevin, "actors who leave acting to do good things." Kevin won the inaugural award.

• LOL 12
3 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Probably a new category that was created especially for Kevin, "actors who leave acting to do good things." Kevin won the inaugural award.

Actually, it's probably one of the many Randall won on his way to becoming POTUS, for long-form documentaries on the Effectiveness of the Pearson Speech. Kevin is displaying them for him because Randall is too humble to do it himself.

• LOL 10
On 5/26/2022 at 12:58 PM, ams1001 said:

My take on the connection is that they were actually trying to show that the clinical trial for Marcus's Alzheimer's drug was the one that Randall wanted to Rebecca into and might have helped her.

27 minutes ago, 70sKid said:

My take on the connection is that they were actually trying to show that the clinical trial for Marcus's Alzheimer's drug was the one that Randall wanted to Rebecca into and might have helped her.

I don't think that would fit timeline-wise, would it? Kevin/Randall's big fight on the lawn referenced the St. Louis trial and that was around the time-frame of baby Jack's first birthday/Madison telling Kevin she was pregnant/Big Three turning 40. The Big Three were seventeen when Jack died, the night Marcus was in the accident, so he was 8-9 years younger than them. Assuming Marcus was in Deja's age range when he didn't cure cancer with his first trial study, that would mean the clinical trial for Marcus' Alzheimer's drug would have to happen when Marcus was in his early 30s. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2