Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Me, too. Can't wait.  But you can bet they'll probably be lovin' each other up by the end of the hour (or 90 minutes) or whatever.  Weird.

Let's drink every time someone on the reunion or here says "Word on the street", "Holla!" or "delusional".  Let's throw a shoe at our TV every time 'ghostwriter' is mentioned.  Good thing I have more than one TV.

• Love 6

She IS vile. And poor, always victimized Aviva responds with "I'm not talking to you if you address me this way" or something...as if she hasn't said far, far worse to most of the women present. If slut-shaming, age-shaming, calling someone an alcoholic and undermining another's professional credibility isn't vile, what is it?

Seriously, Aviva's not even fun to hate. I hope the Reunion is the last we see of her.

• Love 14

How sheltered is Aviva that she thinks the only place you'll hear "motherfucker" is in "the ghetto"? 

Defending "at least I'm not 50" as a compliment?  "I thought she was older!"  Makes no sense at all.  Sheltered and stupid. 

• Love 11

Me, too. Can't wait. But you can bet they'll probably be lovin' each other up by the end of the hour (or 90 minutes) or whatever. Weird.

Let's drink every time someone on the reunion or here says "Word on the street", "Holla!" or "delusional". Let's throw a shoe at our TV every time 'ghostwriter' is mentioned. Good thing I have more than one TV.

We'll be a bunch of alcohol - poisoned, Dearfoams-chucking (I like my tv too much), drunk - posting folks. I think I'm in.
  • Love 6

How sheltered is Aviva that she thinks the only place you'll hear "motherfucker" is in "the ghetto"? 

Defending "at least I'm not 50" as a compliment?  "I thought she was older!"  Makes no sense at all.  Sheltered and stupid. 

She had this nasty "explanation"-- which is a clear fabrication-- in the can, made up for the express purpose of insulting Carole even more.  Aviva knew damned well how old Carole was, that she was 50, and her full insult at the time was "at least I'm not 50 with no husband" or some such.  That she would choose this moment at the reunion, so many months later, to try to hurt Carole worse with this utterly ugly insult (that she thought Carole was even OLDER than 50) speaks volumes about the depth of Aviva's nastiness.

So far as I can tell, Aviva likely has borderline personality disorder.  We all know that before hashtag whatever that Aviva was a sincere fan of Carole's memoir.  It's my belief that when Aviva got the book deal for Leggy Blonde, she immediately got insecure knowing she couldn't produce a memoir as profound or well-written as Carole's.  I think she reacted to her vulnerability by turning it into aggression, and trying to destroy Carole.  If Aviva couldn't be a writer with Carole's level of success, she'd try to drag Carole down to her level.  Reacting to vulnerability with such hostility and aggression is a classic borderline personality disorder trait.  

Anyhow, whatever her diagnosis, Aviva is some toxic sh*t.  I agree... she's so vile she's not even fun to hate.  

ETA: The equivalent comeback for Carole would have been, "I didn't mean to insult you when I asked about you hiring a ghostwriter, I meant it as a compliment .... that you would even be involved in choosing the ghostwriter!  I assumed that since you're so crazy and untalented, your publisher would want to have someone write your book without even consulting you.  So I thought it was a real compliment to suggest you would even know who your ghostwriter was!"  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 9

Me, too. Can't wait.  But you can bet they'll probably be lovin' each other up by the end of the hour (or 90 minutes) or whatever.  Weird.

Let's drink every time someone on the reunion or here says "Word on the street", "Holla!" or "delusional".  Let's throw a shoe at our TV every time 'ghostwriter' is mentioned.  Good thing I have more than one TV.

I only have one TV, and I eschew shoes, so my flipflops will be hurled at a beige wall (the perfect stand in for Aviva).

My house is a ghetto unto itself, if we're using the motherfucker quotient.

We'll be a bunch of alcohol - poisoned, Dearfoams-chucking (I like my tv too much), drunk - posting folks. I think I'm in.

I've been training my liver for YEARS for just such an occasion.  No ER, puking or hangover anticipated (although resisting the drunken posting will challenge my fortitude).

• Love 18

My signature color for almost 20 years. Love it.

You're rocking it.  Been searching for 'my red' for 20 years. I don't think it's meant to be. Got Ruby Woo as a gift and sadly it was terrifically unflattering.  Terrifically.

I've been training my liver for YEARS for just such an occasion. 

I don't know if I'm more excited for the third part because I really want to see it or because I really want the season to finally be over.

• Love 3

Aviva's explanation is idiotic and WEIRD.

What would happen if someone duct-taped Aviva's hands to the chair when she tried to talk?

Fantastic editing: LuAnn telling everyone that people assume that she's this unapproachable Countess, followed by Sonja yawning languorously.

Aviva yelling at Heather followed by Sonja primping and tossing her hair.

• Love 2
Weird.

I know -- weird, weird, weird.  Maybe Carole will say she's weird 50 times & Veevs' head will explode.  Hate to say it, cuz, well, I haven't said weird since I was 14, but that woman is fuckin' weird -- oh and completely deranged.  Yup, weird & deranged covers it to describe Veevs.

Think I may start saying weird again just cuz Veevs hates it so.  In fact, I'm gonna use thet word incessantly.  Don't like it Veevs, then you can go fuck off.  Ah Veevs, I'm hoping after tomorrow nite I'll never have to look at your hagged out mug ever again.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

Aviva's explanation is idiotic and WEIRD.

What would happen if someone duct-taped Aviva's hands to the chair when she tried to talk?

Fantastic editing: LuAnn telling everyone that people assume that she's this unapproachable Countess, followed by Sonja yawning languorously.

Aviva yelling at Heather followed by Sonja primping and tossing her hair.

I teeter between being glad I miss the First Looks or mad because I feel like I've missed something. LOL. 

I'd love to see all of their hands duct taped. As the worst offenders of excessive hand usage,  I think Aviva, Heather and probably Sonja would likely chew their arms off at the shoulder.

Part 3 Reunions are usually pretty dull.  NY scored a high with Part 2 because of the Ramona/Mario stuff but quickly dissolved into the mess that is "Bookgate".  They may have finished the season on a high note (with Part 2 Reunion) ratings but if Fran Berwick wants to keep her job she better make some cast changes other than the obvious get rid of Aviva.  Although Andy has some say in the hiring and firing of RH-I don't think his opinion has the same weight as it did when he was a Senior Vice-President.  After all it is not like he will get fired if he makes the wrong choice.

So be prepared to see some teams being forms in the off-season until they get their letters and then it is back to business as usual.

I teeter between being glad I miss the First Looks or mad because I feel like I've missed something. LOL.

I'd love to see all of their hands duct taped. As the worst offenders of excessive hand usage, I think Aviva, Heather and probably Sonja would likely chew their arms off at the shoulder.

Oh. Em. Gee. You always make me laugh, ryebread. Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 1

It's an insult wrapped in an insult. She simply cannot apologize. It's similar to her saying that saying STFU in front of small children right after asking Kristen to keep things PG was no big deal. She went into the reunion with a plan - to not acknowledge any wrongdoing on her part. At all. "At least I'm not 50" an insult? Of course not - it was a compliment - I thought she was older! It's the same tactic of obfuscating she did with BookGate - keep blabbing nonsense to confuse the issue so that you never have to admit you did something wrong.

• Love 6

She had this nasty "explanation"-- which is a clear fabrication-- in the can, made up for the express purpose of insulting Carole even more.  Aviva knew damned well how old Carole was, that she was 50, and her full insult at the time was "at least I'm not 50 with no husband" or some such.  That she would choose this moment at the reunion, so many months later, to try to hurt Carole worse with this utterly ugly insult (that she thought Carole was even OLDER than 50) speaks volumes about the depth of Aviva's nastiness.

So far as I can tell, Aviva likely has borderline personality disorder.  We all know that before hashtag whatever that Aviva was a sincere fan of Carole's memoir.  It's my belief that when Aviva got the book deal for Leggy Blonde, she immediately got insecure knowing she couldn't produce a memoir as profound or well-written as Carole's.  I think she reacted to her vulnerability by turning it into aggression, and trying to destroy Carole.  If Aviva couldn't be a writer with Carole's level of success, she'd try to drag Carole down to her level.  Reacting to vulnerability with such hostility and aggression is a classic borderline personality disorder trait.  

Anyhow, whatever her diagnosis, Aviva is some toxic sh*t.  I agree... she's so vile she's not even fun to hate.  

ETA: The equivalent comeback for Carole would have been, "I didn't mean to insult you when I asked about you hiring a ghostwriter, I meant it as a compliment .... that you would even be involved in choosing the ghostwriter!  I assumed that since you're so crazy and untalented, your publisher would want to have someone write your book without even consulting you.  So I thought it was a real compliment to suggest you would even know who your ghostwriter was!"

I see it a little different with Aviva's thinking on comparing books with Carole. I truly think Aviva feels that it's only because of the Kennedy connection that made Carole's book interesting. Aviva said as much in her response to the Buzzfeed interview, that it wasn't Carole story to tell. So if Carole would have left out all Kennedys and Kennedy friends/relatives, etc. (which would be beyond weird :) ) her memoir would have been boring compared to Aviva's tragic past. I think Aviva feels Carole cheated by writing about the Kennedys.

Aviva is one sick puppy.

• Love 11

She isn't sheltered, she's offensive.  Aviva cursed as much as anyone else this season.  She called Kristen a bitch and called the equipment that mangled her foot a "mother fucker".  What's okay for her isn't okay for others, apparently, if they say it with different inflections or with slang.

• Love 10

When the discussion turned to Carole's issues with LuAnn last season, LuAnn got it wrong.  Carole was cold to her because Lu was coming off as a wannabe (royalty, upper crust, etc.) and comparing her life experience with Carole's, not because people think she's unapproachable.  I like Lu this season but come on, get over yourself already!

• Love 5

Part 3 Reunions are usually pretty dull.  NY scored a high with Part 2 because of the Ramona/Mario stuff but quickly dissolved into the mess that is "Bookgate".  They may have finished the season on a high note (with Part 2 Reunion) ratings but if Fran Berwick wants to keep her job she better make some cast changes other than the obvious get rid of Aviva.  Although Andy has some say in the hiring and firing of RH-I don't think his opinion has the same weight as it did when he was a Senior Vice-President.  After all it is not like he will get fired if he makes the wrong choice.

So be prepared to see some teams being forms in the off-season until they get their letters and then it is back to business as usual.

I think the ratings this week will be really good, in large part because folks will be wondering if there is any more content devoted to Ramona pretending that she has a happy marriage. Heck, it wouldn't even surprise me to learn they did some editing this week to see if there was anything of interest they could throw in there regarding this topic.

• Love 4
When the discussion turned to Carole's issues with LuAnn last season, LuAnn got it wrong.  Carole was cold to her because Lu was coming off as a wannabe (royalty, upper crust, etc.) and comparing her life experience with Carole's, not because people think she's unapproachable.  I like Lu this season but come on, get over yourself already!

I disagree with this.  It looked to me like Carole came guns a-blazing to cut down the “Countess” with her “well, I’m a Princess but I never say I’m a Princess.  Did I mention I’m a Princess?” routine.  She got mad that Luann mentioned having lived in London, she got mad that Luann used a faux British accent (like no one around Carole has EVER faked an accent!), how dare Luann say Indian instead of Native American, etc.  Luann has never claimed to be royalty, she’s acknowledged having been an LPN and growing up middle class.  Did she seem pretentious – sure.  Did she cling to her Countess title – sure.  I liked her anyway and saw some of her mannerisms being more European than American, even though she is from here. 

And while Luann’s title is “honorary”, so is Carole’s – since Poland does not have a royal family (and reportedly her husband never used it).  Heck, her husband’s family became British subjects after WWII.  There are tons of people around the world – ok the US and Europe mainly – using titles that don’t really exist anymore.  The Shah of Iran anyone?  Lives in VA last I heard.  Greek royal family?  Sure, deposed in 1973 and lived in Britain until last year, but still calling themselves Prince/Princess  whatever.

I see it a little different with Aviva's thinking on comparing books with Carole. I truly think Aviva feels that it's only because of the Kennedy connection that made Carole's book interesting. Aviva said as much in her response to the Buzzfeed interview, that it wasn't Carole story to tell. So if Carole would have left out all Kennedys and Kennedy friends/relatives, etc. (which would be beyond weird :) ) her memoir would have been boring compared to Aviva's tragic past. I think Aviva feels Carole cheated by writing about the Kennedys.

I haven’t read “What Remains”, but based on what others here have said, the book is interesting with or without the JFK Jr. death.  Now I totally think it was his death and Carole’s willingness to write about it that got her the book deal, but that’s a different topic.  Had the friends been no one famous, it’s less likely Carole would have gotten the book deal, but the death of her husband, his cousin and her best friend within one month is interesting in itself.

• Love 5

I haven’t read “What Remains”, but based on what others here have said, the book is interesting with or without the JFK Jr. death.  Now I totally think it was his death and Carole’s willingness to write about it that got her the book deal, but that’s a different topic.  Had the friends been no one famous, it’s less likely Carole would have gotten the book deal, but the death of her husband, his cousin and her best friend within one month is interesting in itself.

I haven't read the book either. My point was only about Aviva's fucked up perception of Carole wrongfully writing a book about "those" people just to make her book more important. It's once again Aviva's warped thinking that somehow Carole wasn't actually a part of all she wrote about. That Carole was indeed family.

Just like Aviva's insult about thinking Carole was older and it was a compliment saying "at least I'm not 50......" In what world would that ever make sense? I'm not asking you per se, I'm just throwing that out as another example of Aviva trying to diminish Carole.

My point being that I don't think Aviva has an insecure bone in her body, especially about her book. She is too narcissistic and thinks she's above most people and certainly thinks she is above Carole.

• Love 2

I haven't read the book either. My point was only about Aviva's fucked up perception of Carole wrongfully writing a book about "those" people just to make her book more important. It's once again Aviva's warped thinking that somehow Carole wasn't actually a part of all she wrote about. That Carole was indeed family.

Just like Aviva's insult about thinking Carole was older and it was a compliment saying "at least I'm not 50......" In what world would that ever make sense? I'm not asking you per se, I'm just throwing that out as another example of Aviva trying to diminish Carole.

My point being that I don't think Aviva has an insecure bone in her body, especially about her book. She is too narcissistic and thinks she's above most people and certainly thinks she is above Carole.

The funny thing, besides Aviva being so enamored with Carole and her book when she first met her, is that Aviva would make a big deal out of Carole only getting a book deal because of her ties to fame.  Does Aviva think that she would have ever gotten a book deal had that machine not taken her leg? She acts like Carole's success came to her only because of something that happened to her. I could say the very same thing about Aviva. 

• Love 5

The shrinking drove me nuts.

If anyone did a little research on a country they were visiting the would know that your shoulders need to be covered and at least short sleeves when visiting a temple. It is the respectful thing to do. A give-away would be the temple scarfs  one can rent at a temple....or buy in a shop or from a vendor on a beach. BTW - what beach? What shopping? What dining outside of the hotel?

SMH at the disrespect and could care less privileged attitude.

Rice tree Tamara? Like "eating monkey ass?"

All the gossip about each other and OMG - the fish, monkeys, bikes.....

At least we were able to see a little beauty of Bali - but not enough, imo. And friends, or couples, enjoying it and at peace.

Good grief, why did Vicki cry over "losing Tamara again?"

• Love 1

Well, I was so disappointed by that shitty fuckin' ep cuz it had an awesome preview.  Same thing better not happen here.  I want an Aviva takedown before I never have to ever ever ever ever see this evil bitch again.  Start with Moaner & let 'em all go after her.  Kinda like all those creepy fishies going after Tams' foot.  But if this is gonna be another letdown, I'm gonna kick Bravo's ass.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Don't forget "In all sincerity".

• Love 2

That she would choose this moment at the reunion, so many months later, to try to hurt Carole worse with this utterly ugly insult (that she thought Carole was even OLDER than 50) speaks volumes about the depth of Aviva's nastiness.

Aviva saying anything disparaging about a person's looks is really rich, considering she is BUSTED in le fachė. Aviva looks the same age as Carole.

• Love 10

I hope there is little to none Aviva tonight.  For someone who appeared in less than half the episodes she has been an epic waste of time on the Reunion.  They should have brought her on for one segment. 

• Love 2

These women make me nervous. They're just so aggressive! I'm almost to the point of longing for KKB back. At least she was entertaining and only a danger to herself. I don't know what Bravo can do to salvage this show, at least for me. 

• Love 1

Eh, nothing tops a tossed leg, and they hit their reunion peak for me with the Ramona/Andy exchange last week.  I'm surprised they had that much footage of the women and their Serious Issues because that was fairly minimal from what I remember.  

I did enjoy Ramona calling herself and Heather the alphas, mostly because Heather didn't disagree.  

I look forward to them transitioning from "thanks ladies for a great season" to "all y'all bitches is fired."  Because that kind of has to happen given the ratings.

• Love 2

The book is tragic and compelling because it is the story of a woman's life, and part of that story is that she and her best friend had an unspoken agreement that her friend would be there to help her navigate through her new life as a widow because her husband was weeks from death.  Her best friend died three weeks before her husband.  That her best friend was married to JFK Jr. was part of her life.  I read many memoirs put out by people who knew them after their sudden end, and Carole's is the only one that doesn't exploit them in any way.  They are in the book as it relates to her own story.  She gives away none of their secrets, violates none of their privacy.  As opposed to many of the others, including the one put out by John's assistant that details the fights he had with his wife.

• Love 16