Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

I think part of Carole's issue with Aviva passing herself off as a "writer" is the same issue that many "real" writers are having with all the self-publishing going on.  Of course the self-published people are writers and authors, and some of them are making lots of money from it (Hugh Howey) but most of them are doing it as a sideline and a lot of it is just crap.  Writing is Carol's career -- she's educated, trained, and experienced.  Aviva put herself in the same category, and she doesn't belong there. 

The weirdest part of the reunion for me was Ramona trying to explain herself to Aviva, why she called Aviva vile.  She kept saying the same thing over and over -- never got to the point -- and finally just gave up.  The fact that it wasn't edited out goes to show how little they had to work with for part three.

• Love 1

Aviva's rules when trying to get your point across: 

It's not ok to say MF.  You must be from the ghetto or just got out of prison.

It's perfectly ok to put your prosthetic leg on the table in a restaurant and then toss it in the middle of the room.

• Love 5

OK. Well yes of course, I would not say fuck or motherfucker while talking in a professional setting or to children. Most of these woman are guilty of dropping the F bomb like its going out if style, not just Heather.

Like Aviva, who said "fuck" in front of kids, and defended it as no big deal.

Aviva went after Heather's use of the word motherfucker because she was looking for a reason to go after her. Cuz that's how she rolls. No other reason. Well, one more - because she's racist. Oh yea, and a hypocrite. Ok, now I'm done.

• Love 6

That's just not the way some people roll.  Maybe it's generational, I don't know.  Even dropping it once, much less on national TV, might still be offensive to some.

But why single out Heather as being the offending party? As mentioned, they all use less than lady-like language.

As far as Heather's use of "Holla!", it's not like she says it every time she enters the room. Except for its use in her tagline (which is probably a reused soundbite), I don't recall her even saying it this season. But even if she said it every episode, I don't see why that would be an issue, instead of just being lame and annoying.

Aviva's grammar isn't all that (she incorrectly uses "I/me" a lot), so her twisted ass can take several seats with her hypocritical reprimanding of others' speech.

• Love 5

Aviva's rules when trying to get your point across: 

It's not ok (for anyone else) to say MF.  You must be from the ghetto or just got out of prison (or from any other zipcode that's the polar opposite of the Hamptons aesthetic).

It's perfectly ok to put your prosthetic leg (attached to the shoe you just walked on a nyc sidewalk with) on the table in a restaurant and then toss it in the middle of the room.

breezy, if I may, the edits are in parens

it all sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

{{opens iphone notepad}} 

call guidice farm for eggs

stop by trader joes for vegetable lasagne

never dine at le cirque. 

• Love 4
But when I do I can't help but think that when I jokingly tell my friend to stop being an asshole, I'm calling her an ass HOLE.

If you're like Veevs then you mean it  as a compliment, right?

Hey, Veevs, at least I'm not 44.  And yeah, I do think you're older.  Flattered, hun?  Feelin' good bout my "compliment" to you?  That's nice, ya fuckin' nasty ass loon.  

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

If Aviva is an optimist, I have Robert Downey, Jr. tied naked to my bed.  (Don't I WISH).

Overall, I was fairly bored with the Aviva Hour.  Everything except "did you plan on taking off your leg?" was unnecessary and irrelevant.   I would rather have devoted time to the Moaner's situation with Mario (like it or not).  Did Andy even ask Carole how her book was doing?  Or if Kristen had gotten any more modeling gigs?  How about LuAnn's HSN line? 

Word on the street is that Bravo wants LuAnn back as a full-time housewife.  Holla!  I hope they do get her back.  I mean that in all sincerity.

• Love 1

I have to honestly write that between Sonja saying she can forgive because she's Christian and Aviva twisting her truths around before our eyes without blinking, I lost complete respect for Andy for not firing both women on the spot. I know that he has to deal with contracts, etc., but his silence and big smiles are off-putting. I guess he's trying to be neutral so the women will say everything they feel the need to say? But that can get frustrating when these women (Sonja, Ramona, Aviva) say the most heinous things and he doesn't put them in their place.

Through these 3 parts of the reunion, I've been most annoyed by Aviva. Her insistence that all writers use ghostwriters infuriates me. As someone who works in the industry and knows many authors published by big houses and indie houses, I hate when someone who is not a writer (and clearly knows nothing about the business) states something as fact that is completely false. So her argument with Heather in this episode about the ghetto really infuriated me, too. I wish either Heather or Andy had just come out and said Aviva was implying only people from the ghetto (re: black people/people of color) use the word motherf*cker. My husband works in finance and the multimillionaire white people he works alongside use the f-bomb, and other gems, more than anyone I've ever met in my life.

Sonja's comment about being able to forgive because she's Christian should not have been met only with laughter. Someone should have said something. Like, "are you saying Jewish people, Buddhists, Sikhs, Muslims and atheists can't forgive?" I'm Christian, and I would have shot out of my chair and screamed that at her. What a foul person Sonja is. She must know that she is a disease.

• Love 9

I think it is hilariously funny. George Carlin was the man.

George and my mother were life long friends, growing up together in what Aviva would call the hood. In his last book he even gave her a shout out in the forward. She did not, however ,ghost write the book for him.

• Love 12

What this show needs is some diversity, and they need it stat. I agree with someone else that the optics of watching 7 white women discuss racism reminds me of the all male panel of Senators discussing birth control. Or abortion. Or rape. Whatever thing they thought they were the experts on.

As a white woman living in the outskirts of Detroit, my neighborhood looks like the United Nations. What a revelation this has been for a gal who grew up in Oklahoma. Back there all the white folks lived primarily in one part of town, and everyone else lived far the fuck away in "their neighborhoods" (no offense to the nice people in Oklahoma. I know Vicks has put you through enough, but this was my experience). My favorite part about living where I do is that everyone doesn't look like me, they are not from where I am from, and have had different experiences. Bravo somehow managed to find three of the looniest gals of all time and line them up on the couch next to Andy. This could not have been easy. They had to work hard day and night with a whole team of people to find these three dumb motherfuckers. Why can't they put half this effort into finding us some women of color? For the love of God, they live in NY City. How hard can it be?

• Love 13

I don't know what was funnier -- the bizarre yet compelling reaction shots of Andy over Ramona's shoulder as she was sharing Deep Thoughts with Aviva, or the thought that somewhere in NYC that dark haired housewife prospect who lasted two episodes was watching and wondering why she was not up there on that stage.

• Love 1

breezy, if I may, the edits are in parens

it all sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

{{opens iphone notepad}} 

call guidice farm for eggs

stop by trader joes for vegetable lasagne

never dine at le cirque. 

Hahaha!

I swear I could watch Ramona hover between sincerity and clownishness for hours.   Bitch is Jane Goodall perched on a tree branch, fascinating.   

Sonja yawning and Ramona telling Veevs that she didn’t call her vile, she said she had a vile side!  were the best parts of my night.   I clapped.   The buttercream icing to this deliciousness was  Andy’s head nodding and expressions while Ramona was trying to get an explanation from Aviva as to why she is such a fucked up individual.  Who said the shit writes itself?   Lol! ah, good times.  

Carole really does need to get her retort game together.    She should’ve smooth dusted Aviva off:    I’m okay with “at least I’m not 50”, because 50 puts me in company with Cindy Crawford, Angela Basset, Michele Obama and Christie Brinkley, in Christie’s case over 60**, so take your looking-like-you’ve-been-hit-about-the-face-with-a-bag-of-rocks-ass over to your ghostwriter’s house and see if you can try again and next time come to win.   Oh, by the by, I’m having Writer Girl trademarked and made into a tshirt, let me know if I can get you one that reads Snoozer Bitch because, well, yawn.

I'm clapping now!! Yeah, Ramona's a crazy bitch, but damn, she's an entertaining one (unlike Aviva)! I think she may need to be downgraded to a friend of, but I so want her around next year.

It was so disappointing that they all viewed being older than 50 as an insult. Carol should have said that whether she was 50 or older, it doesn't matter one bit because she is damn proud of who she is, of what she's achieved in her life, of not being a bitter asshole in spite of whatever heartache life has thrown her way, and that at 50 (or older), she looks and feels great, which certain younger women can't say.  

• Love 2

It was so disappointing that they all viewed being older than 50 as an insult. Carol should have said that whether she was 50 or older, it doesn't matter one bit because she is damn proud of who she is, of what she's achieved in her life, of not being a bitter asshole in spite of whatever heartache life has thrown her way, and that at 50 (or older), she looks and feels great, which certain younger women can't say.  

She did.  Andy asked her if she felt complimented by Aviva's comment, and she laughed and said hell no.  She then said she's confident and secure in who she is.

• Love 3

She did.  Andy asked her if she felt complimented by Aviva's comment, and she laughed and said hell no.  She then said she's confident and secure in who she is.

I missed that, but I'm so glad she did! Maybe this was when Ramona was giving her two cents worth about how insulting it is and I was just rolling my eyes too hard to be able to pay attention.

Note to Aviva, who is of jewish descent, on her condescending attitude of people who live in the 'ghetto':

The term "ghetto" originated from the name of the Jewish quarter in Venice, established in 1516, in which the Venetian authorities compelled the city's Jews to live. Various officials, ranging from local municipal authorities to the Austrian Emperor Charles V, ordered the creation of ghettos for Jews in Frankfurt, Rome, Prague, and other cities in the 16th and 17th centuries.

During World War II, ghettos were city districts (often enclosed) in which the Germans concentrated the municipal and sometimes regional Jewish population and forced them to live under miserable conditions. Ghettos isolated Jews by separating Jewish communities from the non-Jewish population and from other Jewish communities. The Germans established at least 1,000 ghettos in German-occupied and annexed Poland and the Soviet Union alone.

• Love 8

I think that RHONY has been late to the game, but I think the butt fucking with the greasy pirate "girls trip" really trashed up the series, which makes Heather and her motherfucker seem quaint by comparison.  IMHO of course.

This is just begging for OC's Tamra to stop by and ask over a dinner party "Do you do anal?" and then talk about being gangbanged by monkeys and getting over crabs before running off into the night.  OC's Vicki and Kristen can do their "OH!" face, Heather can call her a motherfucker, Aviva can throw her leg at her, LuAnn can advise on how to properly handle conversation after this and Vicki can shriek about it.  Carole can write about it in her blog.

Hey, a gal can dream.

• Love 6
I loved Ramona's wisdom and experience, Sonja's wit and humor, LuAnn's groundedness, Heather's strength, and Kristen's beauty (I could look at Kristen for hours...). Carole and I have had our differences this year, it's true, but I'm an optimist -- I try to find the good in everyone. With Carole, I'm afraid I've failed; I just can't find anything good there. Truly, there is no "there" there

Ramona’s “wisdom?”  Sonja’s “wit?” Was I watching a different show?  I don’t think so .  And while the slam to Carole is Aviva quality harsh, unnecessary and just wrong, also harsh that the only thing she can think to say about Kristin is “she’s pretty.”

One of my favorite moments was Ramona claiming that Kristin was about the same age as her, laugh out loud insanity.

First she loves Carole and is enamored with her work. She said that her book "changed her life". She is eager to be her friend and seeks her approval

The more I see of Aviva, the more I wonder whether she had even read Carole’s first book before they were both cast on the show.  I took it at face value at the time, but now I’m wondering if she latched onto Carole at the beginning she knew of Carole’s friendship with Andy Cohen and figured she’d be friends with a show favorite.

Here's the thing. Aviva just does not get to clutch her pearls about Heather calling her a motherfucker if she's also trying to explain away saying Shut the fuck up to Kristen.

Right.  I’m from NY and now live in the midwest.  I find NY’ers just curse more than other people.  The f-bomb is not unusual like it can be elsewhere.  MF is something I didn’t hear as much, but I NEVER hear it now that I’m no longer in NY.

And I’m still trying to figure out how making a comment about yourself (“at least I’m not 50”) is a compliment to someone else!  Never mind the “I thought she was older” slam. 

I wanted someone to ask Sonja what church she goes to, or what denomination she belongs to.  Because the claim she can forgive Aviva because she is a Christian was the oddest thing I’ve heard in a long time.  But in an era when Vicki and Tamra can tweet about going to church on Sunday (to Rick Warren’s megachurch), I guess nothing is impossible.

Last line of the season.  Vivs "I can't do bubbles."  STFU Mother fucker.

Yeah, what the heck was that?  I know people who don’t like bubbles, but can’t drink them?  Did we ever see her with a soda – carbonation honey! 

Sonja’s blog is hilariously delusional as usual, but this part is great: 

The girls saying that Aviva's leg throw was staged is silly. I let Aviva know that everyone was saying she was fake. Even if she plans to throw it on the table to make a point, that doesn't make it staged.

Yeah, actually Sonja “planning” to do something in advance is indeed “staging” it.  There are dictionaries on-line, have your 'homeless girl in Ireland' check into that for you.

And this: 

I believe some of the women fail to take me seriously because I only show them my party side. There is a private side to me that most people don't see, because they only see me out at social events and while I'm entertaining. I throw a lot of events, so a lot of people only see that side, as it's my business and the way I broker some of my deals

Sonja, if your parties (“sonja in the city”) are your business, then how is people seeing you throwing them not seeing your “private” (aka business) side?  My head is spinning over that and her again claiming to have ‘deals’. 

I know it’s mean because Sonja is so delusional and she could lose her home, but I want her back to document the fall.

• Love 8

To borrow from Aviva's comments on flying last season:

"Bubbles insinuate water, which insinuates drowning, which insinuates DEATH! No champagne or club soda for me."

I read that to myself in Aviva's voice and I cracked up. I can't find the post now but whoever wrote yesterday that Carole didn't whip out a script for Aviva and write 1lb of Thorazine per day. Holla! That was hysterical.

• Love 3

Just an observation-last night on E! they were running a promo for the upcoming Emmy broadcast.  One of the actresses on the red carpet had on Ramona's Reunion dress.  At the close of the commercial there was Giuliana Rancic in Sonja's Reunion dress only it was white with black lace and full length.  I wonder who the designers of the ladies dresses were?  Does anyone recall if they rattled them off?

No one had on Luann's earrings however there was a commercial for Dish network and I think maybe the Countess got them from Dish.  They were horribly aging and distracting.

• Love 1

And Ramona's new gig is group counselor. She is the sage mother hen. Give me a break! I think Ramona really liked it when Andy focused on other trials the women were going through, because it took the focus off of her. And for good measure, she'd give some compassionate, ass-kissy speech to said person, in hopes to butter them up so they don't pile on with the Mario thing. Mmmmhmm. I got her number.

THIS.  Right here, all day. I was peeping that saccharine she was peddling, and exactly why. Mmmm hmmm.

• Love 5
Picking up lingo from your peers/environment is not a sign of being inauthentic.

Thank you! I just can't understand why Aviva made such a big deal about it. It's pretty common, although some people are more likely to adopt different ways of speech than others. If I spend a week down south, I will come back with a southern accent. And I know a myriad of Australian swear words and general slang after some friends visited us years ago. I liked them so much, I adopted them. What's the harm in that? I just don't get it.

• Love 5

Just the fact that so many of these posts are directed at Aviva's ghetto speak rant  proves how boring this 3 part reunion was. Yawnnnnnn!!!!

Ramona really did push Andy to the limit this reunion. First, demanding he shut down the Mario cheating questions, then turning her back on him to have a little one on one hand holding session with Aviva, trying although unsuccessfully to psychoanalyze her. As if Andy wasn't even there! Just who in the hell does she think she is? The woman has balls of steel.  

• Love 1

Yeah, what the heck was that?  I know people who don’t like bubbles, but can’t drink them?  Did we ever see her with a soda – carbonation honey! 

It could be because of the reflux. But then she asked for wine, and I believe wine is an issue for people with reflux also. More contradictions.

This is just begging for OC's Tamra to stop by and ask over a dinner party "Do you do anal?" and then talk about being gangbanged by monkeys and getting over crabs before running off into the night.  OC's Vicki and Kristen can do their "OH!" face, Heather can call her a motherfucker, Aviva can throw her leg at her, LuAnn can advise on how to properly handle conversation after this and Vicki can shriek about it.  Carole can write about it in her blog.

It wouldn't be complete until Teresa flipped over a table while Nene choked someone (I've got a list she can reference).

• Love 1

**my personal belief is that Christie Brinkley is Dorian Gray or the devil or Rob Lowe.

Word. That woman is just not natural. She got "dem genes."

@ ‘kitty.   girl don’t get suspended please, I miss you as it is.   ::fistintheair::   Free Mumia!

I'm not TRYING, you understand. I just now noticed it's now a possibility. :::shades of past::: I'mma be good. It took me YEARS to get up to 4 warnings. :)

• Love 1

As for Heather, Aviva is basically saying that Heather has picked some expressions from the people at her past work life that Heather likely wouldn't have been using otherwise, and it doesn't necessarily sound natural when she uses them, holla. Aviva just couldn't manage to say that without being offensive, but she can't manage to say much without being offensive to somebody (at least I'm not 50 and single and have nothing, Carole!), so I label her an equal opportunity offender. I just don't know that it makes her racist.

Honestly, though, the only words that Heather has used that Aviva could say this about are "Holla!" (which only seems like Heather uses all the time because it's part of the weekly opening credits) and "Mama." That's it. Heather dropping "motherfucker" in the heat of an argument doesn't sound like something she happened to pick up because she worked with Diddy for some years. So, in the grand scheme of it all, two vocabulary words have now given Aviva permission to be a bigoted asshole? Or Heather saying "motherfucker," which is not even close to being "race-specific" vocab considering Aviva used its cousin in "Shut the fuck up," is reason enough for Aviva to get on her case?

Lol!! um, this is almost precisely what happens when one rotten fruit is housed with the rest, but I digress, how does she not get that she's the bad apple? Ooooh, p.s. Veevs good NY reference.

Good Lord Almighty, but This. Aviva’s psychosis bothers me more than her bigotry but one of those can be managed with copious amounts of controlled substances so, either way, the girl should get some help. I bet she’ll be back and I’m here for it all day long because this lunatic is but a step from slicing Carole opened and wearing her skin as next year’s Versace. (™ Dina Manzo). If I knew where she lived, I’d show up at her place and start hollering in the hallway. Open the door muffucah* I know you’re in there! Then, because it’s impolite not to have a gift for your hostess I guess I’d hand her her box of live termites.

*the ghetto has a very relaxed policy with regard to emphasis on consonants.

See, I should feel a little conflicted because Seth McFarlane has made a bajillion dollars using this philosophy and I crap my pants laughing at just about everything he does. Maybe I wouldn't be all up in my feelings if Aviva were an animated obese Irishman or a talking teddy bear…..

I swear I could watch Ramona hover between sincerity and clownishness for hours. Bitch is Jane Goodall perched on a tree branch, fascinating.

Sonja yawning and Ramona telling Veevs that she didn’t call her vile, she said she had a vile side! were the best parts of my night. I clapped. The buttercream icing to this deliciousness was Andy’s head nodding and expressions while Ramona was trying to get an explanation from Aviva as to why she is such a fucked up individual. Who said the shit writes itself? Lol! ah, good times.

Does Aviva’s ignorance extend to tequila? Because I gotta tell ya, I enjoyed several fingers of Reposado 1800 last night and my research concluded, I can report with assurance there wasn’t one bubble in that muffucah.

Carole really does need to get her retort game together. She should’ve smooth dusted Aviva off: I’m okay with “at least I’m not 50”, because 50 puts me in company with Cindy Crawford, Angela Basset, Michele Obama and Christie Brinkley, in Christie’s case over 60**, so take your looking-like-you’ve-been-hit-about-the-face-with-a-bag-of-rocks-ass over to your ghostwriter’s house and see if you can try again and next time come to win. Oh, by the by, I’m having Writer Girl trademarked and made into a tshirt, let me know if I can get you one that reads Snoozer Bitch because, well, yawn.

**my personal belief is that Christie Brinkley is Dorian Gray or the devil or Rob Lowe.

@ ‘kitty. girl don’t get suspended please, I miss you as it is. ::fistintheair:: Free Mumia!

who's hungry? lol.

You know what? I am alllll the way done with you! I was already dying then I got to "Free Mumia!" and it was over.

What this show needs is some diversity, and they need it stat. I agree with someone else that the optics of watching 7 white women discuss racism reminds me of the all male panel of Senators discussing birth control. Or abortion. Or rape. Whatever thing they thought they were the experts on.

As a white woman living in the outskirts of Detroit, my neighborhood looks like the United Nations. What a revelation this has been for a gal who grew up in Oklahoma. Back there all the white folks lived primarily in one part of town, and everyone else lived far the fuck away in "their neighborhoods" (no offense to the nice people in Oklahoma. I know Vicks has put you through enough, but this was my experience). My favorite part about living where I do is that everyone doesn't look like me, they are not from where I am from, and have had different experiences. Bravo somehow managed to find three of the looniest gals of all time and line them up on the couch next to Andy. This could not have been easy. They had to work hard day and night with a whole team of people to find these three dumb motherfuckers. Why can't they put half this effort into finding us some women of color? For the love of God, they live in NY City. How hard can it be?

Given that I think I've only ever seen women of color on this show because of Carole and Heather, I'd love it if casting could tap them for additions, even if they are just to be "friends of." Carole introduced us to Ranjana last year, who I thought was cool, and at Heather's parties this season, she had non-white friends there from back in her days of working with Diddy and Jennifer Lopez.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 2

Ramona really did push Andy to the limit this reunion. First, demanding he shut down the Mario cheating questions, then turning her back on him to have a little one on one hand holding session with Aviva, trying although unsuccessfully to psychoanalyze her. As if Andy wasn't even there! Just who in the hell does she think she is? The woman has balls of steel.  

Who does she think she is?...  "the rooster".  The Rooster who Rules the Roost. 

Edited by shoegal

I read that to myself in Aviva's voice and I cracked up. I can't find the post now but whoever wrote yesterday that Carole didn't whip out a script for Aviva and write 1lb of Thorazine per day. Holla! That was hysterical.

'Twas me!  And now having viewed ep. 3, I do wish someone would slide that scrip over to Aviva's local Duane Reade.  (I'm sure she's an Apthorp lady, no national chains for her).

Man, Alex.  I try, I try to be good, but I can't handle that woman.  Please fix...your smug, clipped, ingratiating, cloying voice.  I could enumerate other things that need...a fix, but I'll leave it there.  Wait, no.  It's precious to see someone roundly disrespected and disliked for her awkward climbing self by her then-castmates, Andy and many watchers, smirking about her thoughts about a show that didn't want her anymore.  She's like the Lili Taylor character in 'Say Anything' singing 'Joe Lies.' 

I also wanted to post just to say: motherfucker.  Motherfucker, motherfucker, motherfucker!!! 

Honestly, though, the only words that Heather has used that Aviva could say this about are "Holla!" (which only seems like Heather uses all the time because it's part of the weekly opening credits) and "Mama." That's it. Heather dropping "motherfucker" in the heat of an argument doesn't sound like something she happened to pick up because she worked with Diddy for some years. So, in the grand scheme of it all, two vocabulary words have now given Aviva permission to be a bigoted asshole? Or Heather saying "motherfucker," which is not even close to being "race-specific" vocab considering Aviva used its cousin in "Shut the fuck up," is reason enough for Aviva to get on her case?

Perfect summary.  Who knew of the power of a lone motherfucker?  (Except for the fuckee...)

The girls saying that Aviva's leg throw was staged is silly. I let Aviva know that everyone was saying she was fake. Even if she plans to throw it on the table to make a point, that doesn't make it staged.
Yeah, actually Sonja “planning” to do something in advance is indeed “staging” it.  There are dictionaries on-line, have your 'homeless girl in Ireland' check into that for you.

And this:

I believe some of the women fail to take me seriously because I only show them my party side. There is a private side to me that most people don't see, because they only see me out at social events and while I'm entertaining. I throw a lot of events, so a lot of people only see that side, as it's my business and the way I broker some of my deals.
Sonja, if your parties (“sonja in the city”) are your business, then how is people seeing you throwing them not seeing your “private” (aka business) side?  My head is spinning over that and her again claiming to have ‘deals’.

I know it’s mean because Sonja is so delusional and she could lose her home, but I want her back to document the fall.

I want to see that too.  I'll bring nachos.  I don't think Sonja's straight-up mentally ill-delusional, just a (motherfucking!) liar. 

I see it a little different with Aviva's thinking on comparing books with Carole. I truly think Aviva feels that it's only because of the Kennedy connection that made Carole's book interesting. Aviva said as much in her response to the Buzzfeed interview, that it wasn't Carole story to tell. So if Carole would have left out all Kennedys and Kennedy friends/relatives, etc. (which would be beyond weird :) ) her memoir would have been boring compared to Aviva's tragic past. I think Aviva feels Carole cheated by writing about the Kennedys.

Aviva is one sick puppy.

I just have to say I'm a nobody and wrote my memoir. It's doing better than Aviva's.  Not saying mine is written better.... but that people don't necessarily care if you're famous or not.

• Love 4

One of my favorite moments was Ramona claiming that Kristin was about the same age as her, laugh out loud insanity.

I laughed so hard at that too. She actually sat there with a straight face and said that they were contemporaries.

While I thought the "crazy drunk aunts" was a dig, I never thought it was a dig about their ages. But, you have to understand, my mother is the oldest of 13 children and as her oldest child, I have aunts that are younger than me (at least one of them is more than a decade younger than I am). So, I never thought age played into it, but Ramona obviously did.

• Love 3

This post makes me so sad because I know CSMFJO is something very funny that I'm too old and out of touch to get. I even googled it and came up with California Society for municipal financial officers.

No, no, no... California Society for Municipal Financial JUNIOR Officers.

There.

• Love 1

Thanks for posting Brian Moylan's blog.  He's such a good writer, and/or he encapsulates everything I feel or try to say.  He makes so many good points, but let me post one of them:

"My problem with Aviva, and it was demonstrated on this part of the reunion, is that she stands for absolutely nothing. It’s like biting into a Snickers bar only to find out that it’s a hollow candy shell that has tricked you all along. It makes sense that Aviva was trained as a lawyer because she argues like one. She just finds whichever pieces of evidence are convenient for her and delivers them like they are truth. She does not believe them. She does not believe that saying that Carole was 50 was a compliment. She knew it was an insult when she delivered it. The same thing happened when she compared Sonja Tremont Morgan of the Guess Jeans Morgans to Anna Nicole Smith. That was nothing but mean-spirited and meant to telegraph that she was a drunk gold-digger."

And this:

"This is not necessarily behavior that is unique to Aviva, but what I find to be especially loathsome about her is that there is there is no philosophy or guiding principle behind what she does. She is just doing it to win in some vague way. She is doing it so that she will look good (question mark) and be right and be on a reality show. That is her only drive, and it is crass and craven."
  • Love 4

Thanks for the links Scoobie.  Following up on Alex's thoughts.

I read Heather's blog and it seems rather final.  I do think Heather has gotten all she is going to get out of he exposure on RHONYC.  I don't see how she can be a CEO of a $60 million dollar a year company, mother to a child with special needs and film and do promos for the show.  Something has got to give. 

I found Heather's bitch and MF comments wholly inappropriate for  anyone who heads up a ladies apparel company.  She regularly shills her goods on the television shopping network so obviously she feels she is the face of the company.  I just don't think she should let Aviva's privileged ass get to her.  I understand that Heather resents the fact that Aviva was handed everything and never really had to work and in spite of not having to apply herself is a miserable human being.

I feel the same about Carole she just seems disinterested.  She has nothing left to promote so why not leave a show on the downward spiral on a mediocre note.  There was a reason they didn't mention Carole's book sales they were not good.  It had nothing to do with Aviva.

Ramona and Sonja I think will be around for however long the show is on.  They do bring some entertainment value.  If LuAnn decides to return and actually have a storyline, I think she will be hanging out with Kristen.  Although I see no reason for Kristen to hang around other than to support LuAnn would appreciate an ally.  Kristen and Josh's epic marital battles did nothing for Josh's brand.  So much for Mr. Branding Expert.

I don't see Bethenny coming back and Jill is no longer relevant.

Just for Scoobie I think they should cast Molly Sims.  Even though Ramona said, "I don't give a shit about Molly Sims," and Carole said, "who is Molly Sims."

Most of all I think this franchise needs a divorce from Andy Cohen.  I always feels as if he directs the editing to a small group of his friends who think this all some sort of private inside joke.  It fell flat Andy the leg toss and George.

I truly think Aviva feels that it's only because of the Kennedy connection that made Carole's book interesting. Aviva said as much in her response to the Buzzfeed interview, that it wasn't Carole story to tell.

Aviva needs to take her own medicine. As she said to Carole herself, "Don't blame me if your book isn't selling!" Meanwhile, she's blamed Carole's fans for deliberately flooding Amazon.com with one-star reviews. Yes, Aviva, that's why your book isn't selling…it's Carole's fault. Maybe it's just that no one wants to read about a spoiled princess and her gross, enabling father. I've read enough of Aviva's blogs for two seasons to get her writing style. It hasn't made me want to seek out her book, I'll just say that.

And Aviva deciding who gets to tell the story is ludicrous. Is there one story about Pearl Harbor? One biography on (pick any random celebrity)? Heck no. Just for the hell of it, I searched Biographies and Memoirs in Amazon.com for "John Lennon" - and got 1,424 hits. How many of those were written by people who had substantive, meaningful relationships with the man?

When Carolyn Bessette was alive, there was no shortage of ink about the elusive blonde who captured JFK Jr's heart. She was generally portrayed as a high-maintenance fashionista, not accustomed to the media, icy…and later, possibly a coke head who cheated on her husband. (And at the very worst, possibly doomed the flight with her fussing over a pedicure, causing a delayed departure.) I didn't read What Remains, but imagine that Carole's portrayal of Carolyn cuts through the usual narrative of the blonde ice queen and gets closer at who Carolyn really was. I disagree that she has no "right" to talk about her friendship with the pair. Aviva only wishes that she had some famous people to dish about. (Mary Lou Retton suing her dad doesn't count, I'd guess.)

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 5

You know what? I am alllll the way down with you! I was already dying then I got to "Free Mumia!" and it was over.

Hah! Had the exact same reaction reading ZaldamoWilder's epic post. I nearly choked on my coffee coolatta.

All the ladies are coming back if they're asked.  No one will turn it down.  No one is "over it."  No one decides it's not worth it or they have nothing else to gain.  Once bitten by the fame bug, it's hard to let go.  The appeal of cameras following you around, the attention, the "fans," they all love it.  Name me one HW who left on their own accord, and I'll...um...."like" your post?!  At the top of my head, I can't think of a single one.  I know a lot of them pretend that not coming back was their decision, but of course it's not true - their contract was not renewed.

I predict all of them will return minus Aviva.  I think the producers will try to find a couple newbies.  Bethenny and Jill are both a definite no for different reasons, and sorry, Alex, but you won't be asked back (she actually refers to this in her video blog), and claiming you'd pick recapping the shows over actually being on a show is not only ridiculous, but, well, kind of sad.

• Love 2

All the ladies are coming back if they're asked.  No one will turn it down.  No one is "over it."  No one decides it's not worth it or they have nothing else to gain.  Once bitten by the fame bug, it's hard to let go.  The appeal of cameras following you around, the attention, the "fans," they all love it.  Name me one HW who left on their own accord, and I'll...um...."like" your post?!  At the top of my head, I can't think of a single one.  I know a lot of them pretend that not coming back was their decision, but of course it's not true - their contract was not renewed.

The only ones I can think of left because they were getting spin offs - Bethenny, Kim on Atlanta, Caroline on NJ (well, maybe - who knows if she would have been asked back).  So your point is still valid, left voluntarily but continued to be fame whores.

• Love 1

Sunshine:  Congrats on your book.  Wishing you continued success.  I'm probably not the only one here who'd love more deets but understand if you don't want to share.

I just have to say I'm a nobody and wrote my memoir. It's doing better than Aviva's.  Not saying mine is written better.... but that people don't necessarily care if you're famous or not.

Alas, Heather disagrees.  And Heather knows everything about everything.  She says that normally when people "don't have celebrity or fame no one's going to know you to buy your book".  I'm glad you're an anomaly. :-)

She also said that all she reads are biographies.  And "they're all ghostwritten".  Does Radzi know she thinks that?

Why would Heather say this? 

• Love 4