Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

She may have to step down until this cools off and it always does.  I don't think she has the self-awareness to realize that she may be hurting an organization she's obviously passionate about, though.  Maybe the organization has known all along she's BSC and don't care because she contributes time and money and raises funds.  It's all about the money.  As it should be.  Or maybe IRL she's NOT BSC and people actually respect and like her.  Who knows. 

Or she should stay on the board if she's a mover and a shaker but put on the Cloak of Invisibility for a while.  A good, long while.

Also, if you have a need, and you have a person who is helping you with that need and is kind to you, are you going to pay much attention to her behavior on a trashy reality show? Especially since she probably spins it as "it's just for show." I'm talking about the amputees themselves, and not just the organizations.

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 1

Ah, so the Moaner finally fesses up!!!!!!!  She was lying in Part 2 that everything in her marriage was OK.  She already had booted da bum out, eh?  Why did ya lie to us, Moaner?

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-6/blogs/ramona-singer/ramona-on-her-divorce-from-mario

Btw, Moaner writes "should of" instead of "should have", as Lu did on her Bravo blogs -- like a billion times.  Sheesh, can someone give these dames a basic grammar lesson -- please?

Oh my goodness, I gotta go to sleep cuz the thought of liking Moaner is making my head explode.

She said when Part 2 aired she had booted Mario out.  She had only reconciled with Mario for a month at the time they taped the Reunion.  It had to be difficult to sit there after promising not to talk about Mario's affair.  Ramona's marital woes and back and forth with Andy resulted in the best ratings of the three Reunion episodes.

I think what Ramona was sorriest about was not answering the question about receiving support from the others.  Maybe Ramona will be nicer now that she doesn't have that giant ego of Mario's to feed.  I wonder how her daughter is taking all of this?

• Love 5

I just have to say I'm a nobody and wrote my memoir. It's doing better than Aviva's.  Not saying mine is written better.... but that people don't necessarily care if you're famous or not.

LOL I would feel bad sharing it here, but if you really want to know I can message it to you.  I'm just about tied with Brandy's memoir. ;) Those small things make my day (because they aren't small to me!)  Yeah, when I heard Heather say that, I didn't think it was super encouraging, but I'd heard it before.  What can I say, sometimes nobodies have a story too. (Although, I think we all have a story.)

Aviva really was amazing. I honestly was stunned wtih how she spun the truth. It was scary, actually.

That's two times too many you've referred to yourself as a nobody.  Rejecting the notion.  ryebread (?) posted what Robin Williams mentioned (Actors Studio Pivot interview? am I imagining this part?) as one of his favorite quotes.  It's a line whose source I don't remember but basically, everybody is somebody's somebody.  Paraphrased badly, but that.   I would, however, love to get a pm with info about where to find your book.  Also lemme know if it's nookable, because, yeah I'm a sell out that way.   No worries if not, I'll read it regardless.  

You know what? I am alllll the way done with you! I was already dying then I got to "Free Mumia!" and it was over.

Yeah well since you're not allowed to quit me you may as well get your dearfoams out and head for the barkalounger.  Get comfie :D.     I hear we're having nachos later. 

Hah! Had the exact same reaction reading ZaldamoWilder's epic post. I nearly choked on my coffee coolatta.

awwww.  you're very kind Lakewood, thanks lovie.   Much to my boss' frustration, running to read these boards is the first thing I do when I get in in the morning.   ::mindrewinding:: you have relatives in S.A., are you from there as well?  If so, one sultryzulu to another - sawubona sissie!

Midnight, please clear out your desk and collect your last paycheck for “fuckee”.  You’re through.   LMAO!!!

See in that gif, above, how Luann is sitting on the end of the couch, enjoying the hilariousness that is Sonja but not losing her shit like the other 3 baboons sitting on the couch with her? 

That's the way it's done, ladies.  That, is Cackling with Class.

• Love 3

That's two times too many you've referred to yourself as a nobody.  Rejecting the notion.  ryebread (?) posted what Robin Williams mentioned (Actors Studio Pivot interview? am I imagining this part?) as one of his favorite quotes.  It's a line whose source I don't remember but basically, everybody is somebody's somebody.  Paraphrased badly, but that.   I would, however, love to get a pm with info about where to find your book.  Also lemme know if it's nookable, because, yeah I'm a sell out that way.   No worries if not, I'll read it regardless.  

You are correct.  Robin Williams quoted it and it breaks my heart.  "Everybody's somebody's everything. Nobody's nothing."  If I were into tatts....

• Love 8

See in that gif, above, how Luann is sitting on the end of the couch, enjoying the hilariousness that is Sonja but not losing her shit like the other 3 baboons sitting on the couch with her? 

That's the way it's done, ladies.  That, is Cackling with Class.

I watched this part of the reunion again because reading here I realized I must have dozed off big time. Not a good sign. (Another not-so-good sign about this episode is the fact that a good number of the posts here have nothing to do with it.) Anyway, something I missed the first time around was the absolutely awesome way in which Luann handled Aviva's attempt at shit-stirring with regards to Lu looking for dirt on Carol. Just. Awesome.

Speaking of the hilariousness that is Sonja, what the hell was that exaggerated yawn about?

• Love 1
There have been so many rumors about Dina leaving NJ during season 2.  The fact that she's back on, plus that HGTV show she did, makes me believe leaving was not her choice.

A couple of pages back and I don't want to take this thread too off-track, but…I don't think it's a coincidence that Dina returned to RHoNJ once Lexi turned 18 and became an adult. Danielle made lots of noise about…something to do with Lexi (I think she claimed that Dina forged her ex-husband's signature on the Bravo contracts, thus allowing Lexi to appear on the show) and after that creepy sit-down the two had together, in which Danielle felt like she needed her "bodyguard" on hand, I don't blame Dina for not wanting to expose her daughter to any more lunacy. From quick Googling now, it seems like she was afraid that the kerfuffle over the "forged signature" would create custody issues for her.

Dina was my favorite on the show and I lost interest once she was gone. I can't imagine her getting canned. I think she left reluctantly, but still by choice.

I think her return is financially motivated too, now that she's a single mom.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 2

(Another not-so-good sign about this episode is the fact that a good number of the posts here have nothing to do with it.)

Speaking of the hilariousness that is Sonja, what the hell was that exaggerated yawn about?

I'd loooove to write more posts about the reunion but they'd be about Heather and Carole and it would kind of be like I was talking to myself. LOL

Sonja's yawn was when she was listening to Luann trying to convince everyone that she's not "this unapproachable Countess".  I think there was probably more time devoted to that subject but was cut.  But they left the yawn in because...well, it's Sonja.

Okay, I'll step up and say it.  To be a Christian doesn't mean Sonja can't do certain things, prostitutes were in the bible and were Christians.  Sonja can have her own definition as to what a Christian is, it will really depend on which religion she believes in (there are many types of Christians).  A lot of people have a lot of different meanings as to what it really means to be a Christian.  It is actually too vast to get into here, because people have been disagreeing about religion and what it takes to be a "true follower" for a very long time.

I can see why the women laughed, though, it did seem to come out of left field.

• Love 1

Anyway, something I missed the first time around was the absolutely awesome way in which Luann handled Aviva's attempt at shit-stirring with regards to Lu looking for dirt on Carol. Just. Awesome.

comatoast:  Since you've got the reunion recently queued up, watch that scene again.  I think Countess still has an ax to grind with the Princess.  She didn't HAVE to offer that she had some dirt on Carole but she would never repeat it.  Nor did she have to remind us that she didn't want to see Carole again unless she apologized and that, indeed, Carole did.  Luann also said something that I couldn't quite hear.  It was right after Aviva tells us that Lu was very, very upset with Carole and Lu she says, "Of course, I was coming off......."  Did you get the rest?

I came away from that scene like Lu still hadn't completely forgiven Carole yet.  That would be interesting.  Does the Countess have some dirt on Carole?  Because she confirmed she'd been looking.  I wanna know.

ETA:  This segment is right after Aviva's nonsense about her insult being a compliment.  I'm trying to save you from having to listen to that again. It's around the 4 minute mark.

Edited by ryebread

I'd loooove to write more posts about the reunion but they'd be about Heather and Carole and it would kind of be like I was talking to myself. LOL

Well, I think I like those two much more than you do (Heather is one of my fav's), but…

Heather really gives off an I-can-do-no-wrong vibe. I thought she owed Kristin an apology for her asshole behavior in Montana, but somehow in the show it was ONLY Kristin needing to apologize. And then in the reunion it was all about how the OTHER ladies were behaving and how THEY pushed Kristin to the brink, but nothing about Heather's behavior.

Secondly, I thought Heather owed Luann an apology for her behavior in the Hamptons picnic. Had it been Ramonja, the bitching about ruining her picnic would have been epic, but for some reason, Heather wasn't called out on that. You could defend your best buddy all you want and not make the rest of the people in a gathering uncomfortable, particularly when that gathering is hosted by another person in that other person's home.

I would have liked to have seen some awareness about this in the reunion.

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 8

Well, I think I like those two much more than you do (Heather is one of my fav's), but…

Heather really gives off an I-can-do-no-wrong vibe. I thought she owed Kristin an apology for her asshole behavior in Montana, but somehow in the show it was ONLY Kristin needing to apologize.

When Kristin and Heather go outside to sit on the rock and air their differences, Kristin is the only one who says I'm sorry and Heather acts like the Queen of Everything for graciously accepting her loyal subject's apology (and hug).  Oh, I wanted to barf.

They both had things to apologize for but Kristin was the only one that did.  And I don't know if I felt sorry for Kristen for Heather's behavior while geo cacheing, or if I was flabbergasted at her stupidity for being such a pushover to that bulldozer.

I don't think they addressed it because they want Heather to appear to be the all good and all knowing Mama Bear.  Until they flip the switch next season and do what they've done to almost every other Housewife who has lasted more than 2 seasons.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

Guys, lets please stay on the topic of things from the third episode of the reunion. Going back to discuss the events touched on in the reunion is fine. Discussing all HoWives franchise contracts isn't on topic. If you want to talk about contracts please do so in the individual HoWife's topic or create a "Contract's" topic, but limit the discussion to this franchise. Thank you. 

• Love 2

comatoast:  Since you've got the reunion recently queued up, watch that scene again.  I think Countess still has an ax to grind with the Princess.  She didn't HAVE to offer that she had some dirt on Carole but she would never repeat it.  Nor did she have to remind us that she didn't want to see Carole again unless she apologized and that, indeed, Carole did.  Luann also said something that I couldn't quite hear.  It was right after Aviva tells us that Lu was very, very upset with Carole and Lu she says, "Of course, I was coming off......."  Did you get the rest?

It was something like "coming off the last season." I really just saw it as being straight-forward about how their relationship started, but maybe it was a warning to Carol to keep her in line!

A friendship I just do not buy no matter how they try to sell it is the Heather/Kristin one. What do you think about that one?

Edited by comatoast

That is a weird friendship, one I don't think would have happened if Kristin hadn't married Josh. Heather reminds me of the sister in law who puts up with the new wife. Only, since they aren't related, that makes it even more awkward. I agree, Mothmonsterman! I love coming here (I'm a transplant from TWOP) and hearing the different POV.

• Love 5

This part of the NY Mag recapper's summary of part 3 is great, I think:

The first was when [Aviva] attacked Heather for talking like she’s “from prison” or “from the ghetto.” What Heather was really doing was swearing. Heather has a bit of swag that might come off like she’s trying to be hip-hop, but it’s really hip-hop in the way that it has been appropriated by white people for the better part of the last decade. She’s not trying to be “street,” she’s trying to be modern; and that modernity, for better or worse, contains more than a smidgen of black culture. Heather is not trying to fool anyone into thinking she’s from Compton (though Copiague is no Lindenhurst or Massapequa Park). What Aviva is really accusing her of is swearing and pretending like she’s over it. But then, when discussing the leg toss, she says she felt, “Well, F word this S word.” Now, does that mean Aviva thinks she’s street? How does she accuse someone of something in one breath and then do it the next? Because she is awful.

I think this is dead-on.  I don't think Heather was pretending she was 'tough/hood/street' at all, and Aviva's hypocrisy is always a little surprising no matter how often we all talk about it.

I also felt such disgust watching Aviva sneer at LuAnn about interrupting her.  I tasted metal whenever Aviva would draw herself up and start with her patronizing coozery.  She's the worst. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 9

Heather really gives off an I-can-do-no-wrong vibe. I thought she owed Kristin an apology for her asshole behavior in Montana, but somehow in the show it was ONLY Kristin needing to apologize. And then in the reunion it was all about how the OTHER ladies were behaving and how THEY pushed Kristin to the brink, but nothing about Heather's behavior.

Secondly, I thought Heather owed Luann an apology for her behavior in the Hamptons picnic. Had it been Ramonja, the bitching about ruining her picnic would have been epic, but for some reason, Heather wasn't called out on that. You could defend your best buddy all you want and not make the rest of the people in a gathering uncomfortable, particularly when that gathering is hosted by another person in that other person's home.

Carole's double date with LuAnn was glossed over.  What made the Reunion a little unbelievable to me is the right hand side of the couch had absolutely no problem with what anyone on that side did.  I expected more from LuAnn.  In the past she would have been all over Heather for her behavior at her home.  Same with the date-had that been Sonja or Ramona we would have heard mortified and a royal chewing out of their unladylike behavior.  LuAnn getting all over Aviva about inviting the former Miss USA and calling Aviva a liar.  LuAnn not calling Heather out for her disruptive behavior at the charity luncheon.  Nothing from Andy in regard to any of this.  It would have been nice to see a contradiction video.

In a way it defined the whole season the right side of the couch just waited for the left side of the couch to act and then pounced.  As a viewer it just seemed too juvenile and there would be no reason for these two sides of the couch to ever film together again.  Kristen was just too obvious in her taking stock of everyone's behavior.  I especially thought it would have been appropriate to run the Ramona/Kristen restaurant scene again and ask Kristen outright if she thought she was out of line demanding to know if Ramona had an alcohol problem or needed anger management course.  I just didn't see Ramona drunk this year so I thought it would have been important to clear that up.

The other behaviors that I thought needed explanation was Carole grabbing Aviva's face and calling her a nothing.  With all the time devoted to the stupid "Bookgate" argument the one thing that stood out to me was the moment from Carole-only because I expected more from her.

So after 23 episodes it just seemed like the teeter totter stayed on the ground with the right side of the couch being grounded and the left side being left up in the air.

• Love 3

It was something like "coming off the last season." I really just saw it as being straight-forward about how their relationship started, but maybe it was a warning to Carol to keep her in line!

A friendship I just do not buy no matter how they try to sell it is the Heather/Kristin one. What do you think about that one?

I don't think LuAnn will ever completely forgive Carol because of what Carol graphically said about her and Sonja in a talking head. It confirmed a rumor and tied LuAnn's pirate encounter to an act not being legal in several states by Sonja. I thought that was the most embarrassing and possibility damaging to LuAnn's carefully cultivated reputation and possibly more important her relationship to Jacque that I've ever heard on this franchise. If I were LuAnn or Sonja I won't forget that and I like Carol.

Heather seemed to put up with the wife of her friend and probably only saw Kristin though Josh's eyes but I hope after this season Heather will have a separate and better relationship with Kristin. If one of them don't come back their relationship will probably be exist as it was with Kristin being around as Josh's wife. I can't see Heather reaching out much if not for the show.

• Love 2

There have been a few on OC.  Tammy Knickerbocker definitely left on her own cuz both her daughters were starting to act really screwy.  Laurie might have too.  I know Andy liked her then & still likes her.  I think George wanted her to leave cuz there was so much bad stuff going on with him & his ex & his kids that he didn't want in the public eye.  And Jeana also.  She had a ton of troubles she did not want spotlighted.  That's a big reason they end up leaving.

Also from OC, Kim with the melanoma?

• Love 2
I came away from that scene like Lu still hadn't completely forgiven Carole yet.  That would be interesting.

She's forgiven -- seemingly, but definitely not forgotten how Carole snarked on her.  Don't forget what Lu is really like.  She desperately wants to be friends with someone like Carole, who is extremely well-connected.  At this point, right now, they do seem like good friends & they like each other.  Could this friendship easily be wrecked?  Oh yeah.  I bet Lu really wants to meet Lee, so she ain't gonna mess up this new friendship with Carole.  No fuckin' way in hell.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
I'd rather be 50 and me than be 45 and Aviva, any day of the week. She aged worse this season than a president in his first term.

I think Carole should stay away from Aviva-like nasty ass comments like this.  It really taints her & then she's no different than Aviva.  I'm trying to think if any of the others, besides Aviva, would say something this ugly.  Probably not.  Why stoop to her level?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

I don't think LuAnn will ever completely forgive Carol because of what Carol graphically said about her and Sonja in a talking head. It confirmed a rumor and tied LuAnn's pirate encounter to an act not being legal in several states by Sonja. I thought that was the most embarrassing and possibility damaging to LuAnn's carefully cultivated reputation and possibly more important her relationship to Jacque that I've ever heard on this franchise. If I were LuAnn or Sonja I won't forget that and I like Carol.

Well damn, now I can't unsee it.   Are you serious?  How did I miss this?  I thought this episode was memorable for nothing else except Aviva's 2 for 1 snapout on Ramonja and somebody jumping in the pool with less clothes than they should've had on.     Um, so, I'm gonna need more words please - had they gone to a bar or something?  And then Lu and Sonja uh, entertained the same gentleman...on the same night?  {{scrubbingbubbles Ew!}}  Wait, furthermore, she was with Jacques at the time?  Were they on a break? (apologies for the ross geller tie in).    I didn't think LuAnn was a jackass, why would she do that 1) with a boyfriend and 2) while being filmed.  Could it have been implied but not happened?   ugh.

• Love 1

Carole's double date with LuAnn was glossed over. What made the Reunion a little unbelievable to me is the right hand side of the couch had absolutely no problem with what anyone on that side did. I expected more from LuAnn. In the past she would have been all over Heather for her behavior at her home. Same with the date-had that been Sonja or Ramona we would have heard mortified and a royal chewing out of their unladylike behavior. LuAnn getting all over Aviva about inviting the former Miss USA and calling Aviva a liar. LuAnn not calling Heather out for her disruptive behavior at the charity luncheon. Nothing from Andy in regard to any of this. It would have been nice to see a contradiction video.

In a way it defined the whole season the right side of the couch just waited for the left side of the couch to act and then pounced. As a viewer it just seemed too juvenile and there would be no reason for these two sides of the couch to ever film together again. Kristen was just too obvious in her taking stock of everyone's behavior. I especially thought it would have been appropriate to run the Ramona/Kristen restaurant scene again and ask Kristen outright if she thought she was out of line demanding to know if Ramona had an alcohol problem or needed anger management course. I just didn't see Ramona drunk this year so I thought it would have been important to clear that up.

The other behaviors that I thought needed explanation was Carole grabbing Aviva's face and calling her a nothing. With all the time devoted to the stupid "Bookgate" argument the one thing that stood out to me was the moment from Carole-only because I expected more from her.

So after 23 episodes it just seemed like the teeter totter stayed on the ground with the right side of the couch being grounded and the left side being left up in the air.

Thanks zoeysmom. I had forgotten most of this. Mainly because I'm just along for the ride. There's no mysteries to solve, no plot to follow, no compelling characters.

You're right about Carol's double date, Heather's behavior at Lu Ann's home and the charity luncheon, Kristen's questioning of Ramona's alcohol consumption, Carole grabbing Aviva's face, and did Andy address Carole's, “You’re nothing. You’ve never had a job outside the home” and Heather's taking over the photo shoot? You have me thinking now. Crap! 

• Love 4

Why in the fuckety fuck does Aviva turn on everyone so drastically -- and in such a horrible way.

I have a (former) friend who does the same thing. As long as she perceives that there is some benefit to being your friend and you kiss her ass, everything is fine. Once you are no use to her anymore, not only does she end the friendship, she blows it up spectacularly. And then she tries her darndest to make you look like the bad guy so she can put her hands up and say, "I didn't do anything!" Interestingly, I see many similarities between her and Aviva. Blowing up of perceived slights, severe insecurity, etc. Perhaps that is why the sight of Aviva raises my blood pressure. If she is gone from the show (please) then good riddance. And I hope Andy doesn't give her father a show. I shudder at the thought of ever seeing him on my tv screen ever again.

Edited by pawsodoom
  • Love 4

If Heather and Carole were smart they would quit the show because it is their turn in the barrel. Not that I think they will because they think they are invincible.

Next year will be the Ramona redemption "Like a Virgin almost sorta" tour. So she will be getting the soft focus edit with her sharp edges sandpapered away. 

If they bring back Jill it would be craptastic. She will put Heather and Carole in her sights and blast away. A Heather vs. Jill fight would be epic. Sort of like Iraq vs Iran or Godzilla vs. Mothra. Holla!

• Love 6

Carole's double date with LuAnn was glossed over.  What made the Reunion a little unbelievable to me is the right hand side of the couch had absolutely no problem with what anyone on that side did.  I expected more from LuAnn.  In the past she would have been all over Heather for her behavior at her home.  Same with the date-had that been Sonja or Ramona we would have heard mortified and a royal chewing out of their unladylike behavior.  LuAnn getting all over Aviva about inviting the former Miss USA and calling Aviva a liar.  LuAnn not calling Heather out for her disruptive behavior at the charity luncheon.  Nothing from Andy in regard to any of this.  It would have been nice to see a contradiction video.

Oh wow, zoeysmom, I had forgotten about the luncheon and the face-grab! As bad as I thought Carol's behavior was, it's hard to believe I felt that way without even thinking about the face-grab. Has she recognized that as crossing the line? Have any of the others? Or is it OK because she was mad and reacting to what Aviva did?

Either the saner ones have really become friends and they don't want to call each other out when they behave inappropriately, or we've gone back to the team crap. Whatever the case, it's not good TV. Look at the Sonja/Aviva alliance. No one believes they are friends and it really wasn't entertaining to see Sonja hang out in Aviva's rectum all season (hope she stayed away from the abundance candles while there!).

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 2

Heather seemed to put up with the wife of her friend and probably only saw Kristin though Josh's eyes but I hope after this season Heather will have a separate and better relationship with Kristin. If one of them don't come back their relationship will probably be exist as it was with Kristin being around as Josh's wife. I can't see Heather reaching out much if not for the show.

Carole didn't really tie anything that Sonja did with the pirate to Lu at the time. They were very separate TH snarks by Carole. Actually, Carole didn't say much about Lu, but Heather did. She was upset because she said that she and Jonathan had become quite close as couples to Lu and Jacques, and she felt like she had been put in a bad position by knowing that Lu had been banging the pirate. The thing that Carole did that I think hurt Lu the most was a comment she made at the reunion about the incident. Sonja was trying to make light of the whole anal indecent, and Lu kind of stuck up for her in not really wanting to talk about, saying that she did have a young daughter at home to worry about. Carole then said something like "well isn't the fact that she has a young daughter at home the best reason to not have been seen with the pirate". I am paraphrasing, but I think that is pretty close. Carole was not only calling out Sonja, but also Lu.

I never got the impression that Lu blamed anyone really for how they reacted or what they said at the end of the day. This was a humiliating experience for the Countess, not just to be caught cheating, but the whole cover-up. She looked like a fraud, and she was caught red-handed. Next to Juicy calling Teresa a c*** on TV, it was the biggest thing I have seen on one of these shows. I also think it is a large part of the reason we saw a different Countess this year. For so long she worried about how people perceived her - she had to be the one who had the best manners and knew how to behave. Really, she was a bit of a fun party gal behind the scenes, but worked hard to keep that separate. Last year she was outed and her world didn't crumble around her. Suddenly she didn't have to pretend so much anymore. I think it was a freeing experience for her.

• Love 11

Oooo, why don't you think the friendship is authentic?  I love to hear new perspectives on things.

I just think whatever bond they may have is flimsy at best. As others have mentioned, had there been no Josh, there would have been no Heather & Kristin. Maybe the show will create a deeper friendship, but I just don't see it. I think Heather doesn't view her as an equal.

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 3

I think Carole should stay away from Aviva-like nasty ass comments like this.  It really taints her & then she's no different than Aviva.  I'm trying to think if any of the others, besides Aviva, would say something this ugly.  Probably not.  Why stoop to her level?

Agreed.  I loved Carole's recent blog -- as it really is a peek into what a great writer she is - except for this part.  I wish she had not "gone there."  It made her look a bit petty. 

I do think Ramona would say something like this, though--- or perhaps much worse! 

I just think whatever bond they may have is flimsy at best. As others have mentioned, had there been no Josh, there would have been no Heather & Kristin. Maybe the show will create a deeper friendship, but I just don't see it. I think Heather doesn't view her as an equal.

I agree with this.  I think they are friendly, but not great friends. And I think Heather probably likes, and "gets" Josh much more than Kristin.  However, at the same time, I did not see either of them trying to insinuate that they are besties in the way that Heather and Carole are.    

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 1

If I were Kristen I wouldn't want another women to get my husband more than me. I tease my husband about his work wife.There is a nurse in his office who is always looking out for him ( don't forget your brief case, Dr so and so is on the warpath you should call him etc) I find it funny because we have been together forever (and he doesn't light up the room when he walks in like Mario)but if we were having troubles I would not find it amusing at all.

And Ryebread you are correct Heather got the good edit so they can inviserate her at a later date.

• Love 5

I would be stunned if Aviva had any real friends.  She has acquaintances that she uses for her own end; once they say something contrary to her or she no longer needs them, I imagine she paints them as "toxic", has an argument with them and then they are gone.  She probably continues to vilify them for some time until she latches onto her next target.  It's all about her. 

I can see why she turned on Heather and Carole.  They were the three new girls on the show.  She was the least favorite.  Aviva assumed or thought she'd be the fan favorite.  I am sure it comes from the way her parents treated her after her accident.  Instead of treating her like a normal kid, who happened to have an issue, she was the kid with the issue.

Aviva had to have someone to film with so she made nice with Ramona and Sonja.  They both filmed with everyone from what I can see; they both know that you need to be available for everything and everyone for filming, otherwise your screen time will go down thus possibly impacting your contract being renewed for next season.

The remark about at least I'm not 50 was bad enough (no it was not meant as a compliment), but she added on something about how she has a husband.  To me, that was below the belt.  Carole's husband died from an insidious disease.  She just insulted anyone over 50 who isn't married for whatever reason.

Then she says oh the women shouldn't have been shocked or mortified because she threw her leg on the table, it's just a leg, you shouldn't have that reaction to a prosthetic limb.  Stupid bitch.  They were not horrified at the leg itself per se, but at YOUR actions.  You heaved an object on a dinner table at an upscale restaurant, after the stupid display with the x-rays.  Then she shoved it off onto the floor, like slamming in the table was not enough.  What if she had hit someone with the leg?  It's no different than being hit by a glass (excuse me plastic drinking vessel).  Both are assaults.  I would've gotten up and left, out the door.  I know that the women were probably bound by contracts to stay and keep filming.

Ramona said one side of her was pretty vile.  She got all upset, but how many nasty names has she called the other women?  Again, if you do not agree with her and say that she's the bestest, biggest, most courageous girl ever, she considers you her enemy.  You are either with her or against her.  

I wish someone had asked her to show them how she uses the inhaler.  I have a just a slight case of asthma, basically gets more noticeable if I get a cold, sinus infection, allergies are up.  My doctor gave me an inhaler just for those rare instances, and I was shown at least 2x how to use it along with a pamphlet.  You do not gulp down the breaths like Aviva did.  I think she worked herself up into a frenzy about heaven knows what, and after they ruled out many things, said well it could be asthma.  She mentioned x rays and such, but I had to go through breathing tests, multiple times.  She was probably sick in some way, but the whole story just rings false to me.  She's cried wolf more times than Little Red Riding Hood.

Sonja is delusional, as delusional as Big and Little Edie.  Ramona had to have know in some way what Mario was like; a leopard does not change its spots.  Heather and Carole, I'd say leave the show now.  You both got the publicity I am assuming you wanted; leave with your dignity unscathed.  Kristen, dump Josh.  You can do better.  LuAnn, keep the relaxed version and come back as the well needed Greek chorus.  Aviva, be gone.  Please do not go on the reality show circuit.  Just go.

• Love 5

Pretty much. Heather has made it clear her loyalty is to Josh. If Josh and Kristen were to separate, I could totally see Heather taking Josh's side without knowing all of the facts because he is her friend first and foremost. I can tell Heather sees Kristen as 'Josh's wife' and that's where it begins and ends.

• Love 3

<snip>I wish someone had asked her to show them how she uses the inhaler.  I have a just a slight case of asthma, basically gets more noticeable if I get a cold, sinus infection, allergies are up.  My doctor gave me an inhaler just for those rare instances, and I was shown at least 2x how to use it along with a pamphlet.  You do not gulp down the breaths like Aviva did.  I think she worked herself up into a frenzy about heaven knows what, and after they ruled out many things, said well it could be asthma.  She mentioned x rays and such, but I had to go through breathing tests, multiple times.  She was probably sick in some way, but the whole story just rings false to me.  She's cried wolf more times than Little Red Riding Hood.

<snip>

What Aviva described is a real illness, Silent Reflux. It can also take months to properly diagnose and is often misdiagnosed as other respiratory illnesses. Whether Aviva actually suffers or suffered from it is anyone's guess.

• Love 1

I have a question. Let me preface by saying I really like Carole and detest Aviva so I'm not being snarky here. What was Carole trying to do when she grabbed Aviva's face? I just don't understand it. It looked like she was trying to squeeze her cheeks, is that right? I could see putting your hand over someone's mouth to keep them from talking but I can't figure out, for the life of me, what she was trying to do.

• Love 1

I have a question. Let me preface by saying I really like Carole and detest Aviva so I'm not being snarky here. What was Carole trying to do when she grabbed Aviva's face? I just don't understand it. It looked like she was trying to squeeze her cheeks, is that right? I could see putting your hand over someone's mouth to keep them from talking but I can't figure out, for the life of me, what she was trying to do.

I think it was............don't go away, look at me, I'm not done talking.

• Love 4

I don't think it was anything more than just trying to get her attention as she (Aviva) was walking away. And she used a physical way to do it because she was so angry and upset. I'm not condoning it, and neither did Caroke, but I understand it.

• Love 2

If I were Kristen I wouldn't want another women to get my husband more than me. I tease my husband about his work wife.There is a nurse in his office who is always looking out for him ( don't forget your brief case, Dr so and so is on the warpath you should call him etc) I find it funny because we have been together forever (and he doesn't light up the room when he walks in like Mario)but if we were having troubles I would not find it amusing at all.

And Ryebread you are correct Heather got the good edit so they can inviserate her at a later date.

I love Kristen's reactions in this video-another one buried on the cutting room floor. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-6/videos/heather-and-joshs-name-dropping-double-date

I can't remember if this is from the same date as when Heather had to explain how a conference call works to Kristen.  This is the type of thing that would have lead to some real conversation about Heather.  Especially mind-blowing is her "moment" with Jay and him feeling Ella and 10 years later he must have relived and remembered the moment with Blue and Beyoncé.  Had anyone on the left side of the couch said that they would have been "motherf&^*() delusional" and needed to stop living in the past.  Alas we were left with just the good friend moments of Heather's.

My most important question --- what the hell is wrong with Aviva's breasts? They look like a square box.

Check the x-rays she brought them for the world to see.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
In a way it defined the whole season the right side of the couch just waited for the left side of the couch to act and then pounced.  As a viewer it just seemed too juvenile and there would be no reason for these two sides of the couch to ever film together again.

Did you watch S4, the "blondes vs. the brunettes" set-up that evolved? Actually, Ramona and Sonja were seated in the exact same spots back then! The hostility was right there for everyone to see - no one liked Alex, everyone had an axe to grind with Ramona, Ramona and Jill went at it, etc. It wasn't a big surprise that four cast members were axed after that - there was no way they'd have a show with that kind of animosity.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with LuAnn, because even though she and Ramona have had their issues, it seemed like they both generally found a way to confront each other, push each other's buttons and then move on…not as real friends, maybe, but at least they could co-exist with each other. This is the first season where LuAnn's had serious problems with Sonja, though, and I think she genuinely felt that she and Sonja were friends. If all three come back next season (if there is one!), I'd be curious to see the dynamic among the three of them.

• Love 1

As bad as I thought Carol's behavior was, it's hard to believe I felt that way without even thinking about the face-grab. Has she recognized that as crossing the line? Have any of the others? Or is it OK because she was mad and reacting to what Aviva did?

I think nobody acknowledged it because, after all, it was only Aviva's face.  Now had Aviva grabbed Carole's face?  Boy Howdy...Heather would have been tearing up those steps like a bat out of hell.  And we would have never heard the end of how DARE Aviva lay a hand on anyone. Ever.

I don't recall hearing an apology or a condemnation or an acknowledgement.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Love 4

OK. Well yes of course, I would not say fuck or motherfucker while talking in a professional setting or to children.

Most of these woman are guilty of dropping the F bomb like its going out if style, not just Heather.

To be honest I didn't really follow Heather's reasoning about Mother Fucker not being name calling.

• Love 2

So nobody else saw George or Harry in the background of the party at Le Cirque?  It was during the leg slam/toss.  I bet there will be lost footage with them interacting with the ladies.

I saw Harry I did not see George. I would like to wipe them both from memory forever. 

To be honest I didn't really follow Heather's reasoning about Mother Fucker not being name calling.

It was hard to follow that segment because it went something like: motherbeep motherbeep beep beep beep beep beep...... hehe  At least the streaming version sounded like that.

Edited by comatoast