Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

The only ones I can think of left because they were getting spin offs - Bethenny, Kim on Atlanta, Caroline on NJ (well, maybe - who knows if she would have been asked back).  So your point is still valid, left voluntarily but continued to be fame whores.

Good point, so I'll give you a "like" (!), but did they really leave if they left/moved on to a Housewives spin-off?  More cameras, more attention, but this time - all on them!!

Ramona is the first headline on TMZ. She called 911 claiming her husbands mistress is stalking her

No, no, no... California Society for Municipal Financial JUNIOR Officers.

There.

Oh, I'm part of the entertainment here, not just an audience member! I'm so glad!!

The CS is not for Cake Savoring ... Does that help?

And JO is not Jerk Out, but the words are both close to the "real" thing.

The Vulture blogger writes powerfully. Truly this experience beats watching most epis.

• Love 3

The only ones I can think of left because they were getting spin offs - Bethenny, Kim on Atlanta, Caroline on NJ (well, maybe - who knows if she would have been asked back).  So your point is still valid, left voluntarily but continued to be fame whores.

Didn't Lydia from the OC leave voluntarily?

• Love 1

I just have to say I'm a nobody and wrote my memoir. It's doing better than Aviva's.  Not saying mine is written better.... but that people don't necessarily care if you're famous or not.

That's wonderful, congratulations. Though cold hard facts would never convince Aviva that your book was better than hers. Are you sure your memoir was your story to tell? :-)

• Love 5

Just for Scoobie I think they should cast Molly Sims.  Even though Ramona said, "I don't give a shit about Molly Sims," and Carole said, "who is Molly Sims."

Molly Sims would be awesome. My dream replacement for Aviva would be Maria Shriver, too.  Too much?  She and Carole would have a lot in common.  Emmys, journalism, Kennedys.  Carole is a princess, Maria sort of is...

(I don't believe that Carole doesn't know who Molly Sims is.)

That's wonderful, congratulations. Though cold hard facts would never convince Aviva that your book was better than hers. Are you sure your memoir was your story to tell? :-)

I wanted to write your memoir, thanks a lot.

In all sincerity (tm Ramona ) I am very impressed with you sunshineonme.That is a real achievement . As always, I am impressed with my fellow posters and vow to proof read more than I usually do :(

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 2

LOL I would feel bad sharing it here, but if you really want to know I can message it to you.  I'm just about tied with Brandy's memoir. ;) Those small things make my day (because they aren't small to me!)  Yeah, when I heard Heather say that, I didn't think it was super encouraging, but I'd heard it before.  What can I say, sometimes nobodies have a story too. (Although, I think we all have a story.)

Aviva really was amazing. I honestly was stunned wtih how she spun the truth. It was scary, actually.

• Love 9

Some of the blogs are up.  This from AViva's:

"I am so honored to have worked with a group of women who have courage, strength, and tenacity. The Real Housewives of New York City are an amazing group of dynamic women who really can overcome anything once they have gotten through a season! I loved Ramona's wisdom and experience, Sonja's wit and humor, LuAnn's groundedness, Heather's strength, and Kristen's beauty (I could look at Kristen for hours...). Carole and I have had our differences this year, it's true, but I'm an optimist -- I try to find the good in everyone. With Carole, I'm afraid I've failed; I just can't find anything good there. Truly, there is no "there" there. But contrary to the old saying, one bad apple can't spoil the whole barrel. And I had a ball in that barrel. As life returns to normal, I'll miss it." 

Wow.  She is one mean bitch. 

The beginning of her blog sounds like an acceptance speech for an Emmy Award. She thanks Andy, her cast mates, the crew and the viewers. It's really weird.

• Love 5

The beginning of her blog sounds like an acceptance speech for an Emmy Award. She thanks Andy, her cast mates, the crew and the viewers. It's really weird.

LOL to the Emmy award speech!  She knows she's toast.  I think she thinks this is a graceful exit/goodbye.  It's not.  She's a horrible person.  As Brian Moylan wrote, awful people not only make life miserable for others, but end up making themselves miserable.  Goodbye, Aviva.  Wallow in your misery.  Off our tv's, thank you very much.

• Love 6

All the ladies are coming back if they're asked.  No one will turn it down.  No one is "over it."  No one decides it's not worth it or they have nothing else to gain.  Once bitten by the fame bug, it's hard to let go.  The appeal of cameras following you around, the attention, the "fans," they all love it.  Name me one HW who left on their own accord, and I'll...um...."like" your post?!  At the top of my head, I can't think of a single one.  I know a lot of them pretend that not coming back was their decision, but of course it's not true - their contract was not renewed.

I predict all of them will return minus Aviva.  I think the producers will try to find a couple newbies.  Bethenny and Jill are both a definite no for different reasons, and sorry, Alex, but you won't be asked back (she actually refers to this in her video blog), and claiming you'd pick recapping the shows over actually being on a show is not only ridiculous, but, well, kind of sad.

I think  you are right - they all have contracts and unless Bravo doesn't want them back, they will be back.

I do think there are times when Bravo will let a gal out of her contract. The most famous one was Dina on S2 of the NJ show.  I also think that Ryebread is right about Lydia.

Really though, Adrienne quit as well. I know that technically she was fired, but she made the choice to not come back. I have little doubt that when she told Bravo she wouldn't be at the reunion she was reminded that she would be breaching her contract and fired. I like to imagine that Adrienne, who knew at that point that Bravo had fed the narrative that Adrienne was suing Brandi, while all the time knowing she was not, said something along the lines of "fuck you motherfuckers". 

• Love 1

I like to imagine that Adrienne, who knew at that point that Bravo had fed the narrative that Adrienne was suing Brandi, while all the time knowing she was not, said something along the lines of "fuck you motherfuckers". 

I think this is true.  I always liked Adrienne.  She was tacky as hell, had terrible taste in floral arrangements and washed chicken with soap, but I think she was totally set up by the producers. I thought it was awful that her surrogacy was exposed the way it was and wouldn't mind seeing her come back as a friend.  UNLESS she comes back as a friend of Brandi's.  That would be like Carole making up with Aviva.  Just, no.

IMO, Lydia earned some respect by bowing out.  I think she was too decent for that bunch of morons and also because the shoe was about to drop on her brother.  I'm sure she wanted to spare her family any further embarrassment.  Because you KNOW they would have made that a storyline.

• Love 6

Didn't Lydia from the OC leave voluntarily?

That's a good question.  Her not returning is kind of murky. 

ETA: yea, I heard that rumor about her brother, so I think your theory is probably right (leaving to spare her family the embarrassment.  She seemed like a pretty straightforward, decent person).

I think  you are right - they all have contracts and unless Bravo doesn't want them back, they will be back.

I do think there are times when Bravo will let a gal out of her contract. The most famous one was Dina on S2 of the NJ show.  I also think that Ryebread is right about Lydia.

Really though, Adrienne quit as well. I know that technically she was fired, but she made the choice to not come back. I have little doubt that when she told Bravo she wouldn't be at the reunion she was reminded that she would be breaching her contract and fired. I like to imagine that Adrienne, who knew at that point that Bravo had fed the narrative that Adrienne was suing Brandi, while all the time knowing she was not, said something along the lines of "fuck you motherfuckers". 

There have been so many rumors about Dina leaving NJ during season 2.  The fact that she's back on, plus that HGTV show she did, makes me believe leaving was not her choice.  I also have to disagree with you on Adrienne.  As a lot of people said about her - she had everything money could buy - except fame.  That's why she did the show, and enjoyed it.  She was understandably livid when Brandi outed her surrogacy, and limited her filming, and then, of course, pulled a no-show at the reunion, but I don't think she wanted off the show (and she's apparently making a cameo appearance this season).  I think she's a pampered princess who is used to getting her way and calling the shots, so I think she thought she could get away with the limited filming and so forth.  By the time of the reunion taping, the damage had already been done, and she had already given a magazine interview confirming the surrogacy, so I think she just didn't want to have to talk about it on camera or face questions.  But I think she would have been back to film the next season if they hadn't fired her.  Fame, the attention, all that - imo, she didn't want to give it up.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 2
Sonja's comment about being able to forgive because she's Christian should not have been met only with laughter. Someone should have said something. Like, "are you saying Jewish people, Buddhists, Sikhs, Muslims and atheists can't forgive?" I'm Christian, and I would have shot out of my chair and screamed that at her. What a foul person Sonja is. She must know that she is a disease.

Even tho I'm not religious or Christian, I found these remarks extremely offensive.  She's hiding behind religion, but we know that's not the reason at all she's trying any way she can to defend Avvia, when all she says are horribly nasty statements which nobody with any sense could possibly defend.  

Everyone knows being compared to Anna Nicole Smith was meant to be an insult.  She was saying Sonja is a gold-digger who married an old man for his money.  It doesn't matter if Sonja doesn't want to acknowledge this.  It's pretty fuckin' obvious that's what Aviva meant when she compared her to ANS.  If Sonja doesn't want to see that, she just looks like a delusional lunatic once again.

So why is Sonja defending Aviva?  Maybe for more camera time cuz nobody else wants to film with her?  Moaner will to some extent, but she made it clear she didn't forget how she treated her in the past.  Moaner doesn't trust her a second.  At this point I have no idea why Sonja is going to such great lengths to defend Aviva, but she does look like even more of loon doing this.  It ain't worth the effort if Veevs is gonna get the boot anyway.

If they got rid if Sonja, I'd be just fine with it.  I'm tired of her Samantha Jones/Sex in the City crap.  And the intern shit is infuriating to me.  I really wanna sic the IRS & the Labor Department on her ass.  Not paying people who work for you is NOT funny.  If these are just a bunch of young people who are boarders in her house, who do a few errands for her, please tell us what's really going on.  Sorry, Andy Cohen, but slavery is not a hilarious topic.  But I guess this has to be explained to you -- just as you needed to be smacked in the face that sexual harassment is not a hilarious topic either, eh?

What this show needs is some diversity,

You might be very surprised at the lack of diversity in high end social circles here in NYC.  And add in how hard it is to find people who would want to go on a reality show -- I can tell you most professionals here would never do it in a zillion years -- or would want their spouses to.  I imagine casting is gonna be difficult.  Don't be surprsied if Jillzy gets asked back.  And Beths might change her mind.  Ya never know.

Just for Scoobie I think they should cast Molly Sims.  Even though Ramona said, "I don't give a shit about Molly Sims," and Carole said, "who is Molly Sims."

Actually, I'd luv to see Veevs decimate her.  That woman is so fuckin' bland & boring, if they did put her on, Veevs could knock her out with her yellow wallpaper.

Name me one HW who left on their own accord, and I'll...um...."like" your post?!

There have been a few on OC.  Tammy Knickerbocker definitely left on her own cuz both her daughters were starting to act really screwy.  Laurie might have too.  I know Andy liked her then & still likes her.  I think George wanted her to leave cuz there was so much bad stuff going on with him & his ex & his kids that he didn't want in the public eye.  And Jeana also.  She had a ton of troubles she did not want spotlighted.  That's a big reason they end up leaving.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4
So why is Sonja defending Aviva?  Maybe for more camera time cuz nobody else wants to film with her?.............At this point I have no idea why Sonja is going to such great lengths to defend Aviva, but she does look like even more of loon doing this.  It ain't worth the effort if Veevs is gonna get the boot anyway.

I swear to God I think it's money.  As outlandish as this is going to sound - I think Aviva paid Sonja to be in her corner.  Sonja desperately needs the money, and Aviva needed an ally.  Win-win.  And I wouldn't put it past them.  Esp. Aviva.

• Love 3

Despite her seeming indifferent at the reunion, I think Carole would go back if asked -- especially if Aviva is not asked back.  What if the producers surprise us & do ask Veevs back?  Actually, I kinda doubt that would happen cuz she was just so much trouble -- and so hated by the cast (other than Sonja) & viewers.

Actually, I'd luv to see Veevs decimate her.  That woman is so fuckin' bland & boring, if they did put her on, Veevs could knock her out with her yellow wallpaper.

Aw, Scoobie.  Knowing how much you hate Aviva makes me think Molly must be really heinous.  And I don't wanna think that because she's a spokeperson for Five and Alive*.  And 5 year old people are generally the only people I really like. She might be a little bland but she's prettyyyyyyy.  She's has a decent career, too.

*The program addresses health issues in children in over 30 countries worldwide, focusing on educating the public of deadly, yet preventable diseases, including malaria, water-borne illness, pneumonia, micronutrients, and malnutrition. As of 2012, the program has purified over 40 billion liters of water and distributed more than 50 million mosquito nets to underprivileged children and their families all over the world.

Five & Alive collaborates with strategic partners to raise awareness of the effects of malaria specifically on children under the age of five.

Edited by ryebread
Aw, Scoobie.  Knowing how much you hate Aviva makes me think Molly must be really heinous.

Well, actually, I only saw Molly once, for a few moments on some shopping network, selling really ugly cheap jewelry.  Don't know anything else bout her, so can't say I hate her, but she did seem very bland & boring -- a huge sin on a reality show -- but who knows, maybe a fight with Veevs might bring out something in her.  

Still say it's Veevs' yellow wallpaper.  Maybe that shit has super powers & can turn anyone into a deranged lunatic

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

What if the producers surprise us & do ask Veevs back?  Actually, I kinda doubt that would happen cuz she was just so much trouble -- and so hated by the cast (other than Sonja) & viewers.

How much trouble was she, though, to the producers?  It was probably just as easy on them for her NOT to go on the trips than for her to go.  She provided the majority of the storyline just by being an ass so they didn't have to work too hard at that. And her flying leg was the saving grace in the grand finale, ratings wise. 

I don't know if the fact that the majority of the reunion also revolved around her meant something or meant nothing.  I don't want her back because she made everyone go crazy when they were in her presence.  I don't like that dynamic, it's unhealthy.  But Andy does.  And Bravo likes to mess with the audience.  It's not beneath them to twist the storyline to make Aviva a sympathetic character next season.  I don't think it will work, but those evil geniuses have done it before. 

• Love 2

Sunshine:  Congrats on your book.  Wishing you continued success.  I'm probably not the only one here who'd love more deets but understand if you don't want to share.

Alas, Heather disagrees.  And Heather knows everything about everything.  She says that normally when people "don't have celebrity or fame no one's going to know you to buy your book".  I'm glad you're an anomaly. :-)

She also said that all she reads are biographies.  And "they're all ghostwritten".  Does Radzi know she thinks that?

Why would Heather say this? 

Heather was wrong. Biographies are always written by someone other than the subject. Autobiographies can be ghostwritten and sometimes the ghostwriter is given credit.

I have a question about the publishing world. Does someone who has a book deal already in the works hire an editor or is the editor provided by the publishing company? 

Edited by jelliebean
  • Love 1

She did.  Andy asked her if she felt complimented by Aviva's comment, and she laughed and said hell no.  She then said she's confident and secure in who she is.

I don't think she did to my satisfaction. hah! Seriously, I wanted to hear any one of the women reply to Aviva with "what the heck is wrong with being 50?" and then extrapolate on the issue. This was on tv! Aviva insulted millions of women everywhere. Sigh. Andy really lets too much slide. Who does he think is watching these shows, husbands and men? 

Just an observation-last night on E! they were running a promo for the upcoming Emmy broadcast.  One of the actresses on the red carpet had on Ramona's Reunion dress.  At the close of the commercial there was Giuliana Rancic in Sonja's Reunion dress only it was white with black lace and full length.  I wonder who the designers of the ladies dresses were?  Does anyone recall if they rattled them off?

No one had on Luann's earrings however there was a commercial for Dish network and I think maybe the Countess got them from Dish.  They were horribly aging and distracting.

Agree on LuAnn's earrings. Those seemed off for her usual style? I wish LuAnn would change her hairstyle. She's gorgeous and would look better with something different.

I noticed the ladies were seated in corresponding matching of dress colors on opposite couches. Ramona and Kristen - both navy blue gown, both in first position next to Andy. Sonja and Heather - both pink shorter dresses, both in the middle. Aviva and Carole - both gold (though Carole's had some black), and both seated in third. I think Bravo may have styled the ladies and provided the dresses. LuAnn had to style herself because she was demoted this season and she was odd number person on the couch. I'm just guessing on this however. I have no rational explanation for why I noticed this...

Edited by CTO
  • Love 3

I don't think she did to my satisfaction. hah! Seriously, I wanted to hear any one of the women reply to Aviva with "what the heck is wrong with being 50?" and then extrapolate on the issue. This was on tv! Aviva insulted millions of women everywhere. Sigh. Andy really lets too much slide. Who does he think is watching these shows, husbands and men? 

I get what you're saying, but with Aviva, you're never going to get the satisfaction you're looking for.  Andy asked her twice to explain how saying "at least I'm not 50" is a compliment, and she simply dug in her heels and went on obfuscating.  That's why then asking Carole about it was really the best approach - because then Carole was able to give the best answer - I'm fifty and fabulous, I'm confident and secure (and I think Andy knew she felt this way), so I think it was a good resolution.  On a related note, I don't think it's Andy's job to look out for viewers or their feelings at these reunions.  I think his job is to ask questions, and the answers are the answers.

• Love 2

All the ladies are coming back if they're asked.  No one will turn it down.  No one is "over it."  No one decides it's not worth it or they have nothing else to gain.  Once bitten by the fame bug, it's hard to let go.  The appeal of cameras following you around, the attention, the "fans," they all love it.  Name me one HW who left on their own accord, and I'll...um...."like" your post?!  At the top of my head, I can't think of a single one.  I know a lot of them pretend that not coming back was their decision, but of course it's not true - their contract was not renewed.

I predict all of them will return minus Aviva.  I think the producers will try to find a couple newbies.  Bethenny and Jill are both a definite no for different reasons, and sorry, Alex, but you won't be asked back (she actually refers to this in her video blog), and claiming you'd pick recapping the shows over actually being on a show is not only ridiculous, but, well, kind of sad.

Name one-from NJ Dina Manzo, Caroline Manzo and Jacqueline Laurita.  From Orange County Peggy Tanous, Tammy Knickenbocker, Jeana Keough (salary dispute), Lydia, Laurie Peterson, Kim from Season 1 and Jo.  From Atlanta Kim Zolciak From Beverly Hills Camille Grammer, Joyce Giraud (to work on her own Spanish language show).  From NY Bethenny Frankel.  There are women who leave on their own terms-the lure of the camera is not the only thing.  So um...like my post.

PS Christy Rice and Larissa Pippin from RHOM.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Honestly, though, the only words that Heather has used that Aviva could say this about are "Holla!" (which only seems like Heather uses all the time because it's part of the weekly opening credits) and "Mama." That's it. Heather dropping "motherfucker" in the heat of an argument doesn't sound like something she happened to pick up because she worked with Diddy for some years. So, in the grand scheme of it all, two vocabulary words have now given Aviva permission to be a bigoted asshole? Or Heather saying "motherfucker," which is not even close to being "race-specific" vocab considering Aviva used its cousin in "Shut the fuck up," is reason enough for Aviva to get on her case?

For Aviva, of course it's enough!  She makes stuff up, so any little thing is plenty for her to get on someone's case.  You didn't make a banner for me!  White trash!  Ghostwriter!  Debilitating asthma! 

The only thing Aviva plays down is the sexual harassment her father has dished out to the women on this show, and probably elsewhere.

• Love 2

Name one-from NJ Dina Manzo, Caroline Manzo and Jacqueline Laurita.  From Orange County Peggy Tanous, Tammy Knickenbocker, Jeana Keough (salary dispute), Lydia, Laurie Peterson, Kim from Season 1 and Jo.  From Atlanta Kim Zolciak From Beverly Hills Camille Grammer, Joyce Giraud (to work on her own Spanish language show).  From NY Bethenny Frankel.  There are women who leave on their own terms-the lure of the camera is not the only thing.  So um...like my post.

As I wrote upthread, leaving Housewives to do a Housewives spin-off is not "leaving."  Bravo didn't end their contract, they gave them a new and better one.  And the lights and cameras still followed these ladies.  With the exception of Lydia and maybe Tammy (I don't think I watched the first season of OC, so I'll take yours and Scoobie's word for it), the others were let go.

• Love 2

Wait, didn't all the tabs just make a big deal bout Joyce not being asked back, along with Miss Fake-Lesbian-Witchie-poo?  Never understood what the deal was with Camille.  That was totally unclear.  She seemed to really dig the attention, despite her whining bout hating the fights & drama.  Peggy left on her own?  Really?  Have no idea or care anything bout her, but I'm thinking this is suspect.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Wait, didn't all the tabs just make a big deal bout Joyce not being asked back along with Miss Fake-Lesbian-Witchie-poo?  Never understood what the deal was with Camille.  That was totally unclear.  She seemed to really dig the attention, despite her whining bout hating the fights & drama.  Peggy left on her own?  Really?  Have no idea or care anything bout her, but I'm thinking this is suspect.

Joyce LOVED the gig.  She was even honest about being disappointed at not being asked back.  That's kind of why I liked her.  As for Camille - as everyone who watched knows, s1 Camille and s2 Camille were two completely different people.  I think the producers loved s1 Camille (she was reality tv gold), and were really not ok with her image/pr consultant-approach to s2, where she literally ran from drama.  I think they wanted her back, but only if she stopped with her new, non-confrontational ways, (plus, I read she was a major diva), so she balked, and that was that.  As for Peggy, she was pretty unmemorable, but I'm sure she would have returned if given the chance.  In fact, I remember her in a scene or two of the next season, sort of resolving her storyline from the prior season.

• Love 2

As I wrote upthread, leaving Housewives to do a Housewives spin-off is not "leaving."  Bravo didn't end their contract, they gave them a new and better one.  And the lights and cameras still followed these ladies.  With the exception of Lydia and maybe Tammy (I don't think I watched the first season of OC, so I'll take yours and Scoobie's word for it), the others were let go.

What about Laurie Peterson and Camille Grammer?  I think maybe you overstate and then try and back out.  I know for a fact Jeana Keough walked.  Dina Manzo left for three seasons.  Kim Zolciak had a very public walk off.

My point about Heather is if your appearance isn't raising the bottom line in your business endeavors and your brand is having to do damage control maybe they re-think their importance on being on a show.  Heather doesn't own Yummie Tummie outright and I don't believe she has a controlling majority.  If her appearance causes more harm than good then just maybe it is time to re-evaluate your priorities.

• Love 2

I absolutely don't think Peggy left on her own.

I agree.

Actually I had not realized Ramona was 57. And now I can't remember her take on the "at least I'm not 50?"

I think she said something along the lines of how it's never ok to tell a woman she looks older than her age.

• Love 1

What about Laurie Peterson and Camille Grammer?  I think maybe you overstate and then try and back out.  I know for a fact Jeana Keough walked.  Dina Manzo left for three seasons.  Kim Zolciak had a very public walk.

Er, excuse me? I still stand by my claim that HW's never leave on their own accord, and I even addressed these HW's in the posts above.

• Love 1

Wait, didn't all the tabs just make a big deal bout Joyce not being asked back, along with Miss Fake-Lesbian-Witchie-poo?  Never understood what the deal was with Camille.  That was totally unclear.  She seemed to really dig the attention, despite her whining bout hating the fights & drama.  Peggy left on her own?  Really?  Have no idea or care anything bout her, but I'm thinking this is suspect.

Joyce was very candid about being iffy about returning.  Then she got a Spanish speaking gig.  When the tabloids went all out about her not coming back I do not recall she made any comment other than to post pictures of herself on set of her new show.

Peggy left shortly after Tamra started asking her on camera about the size of Jim Bellino's package.  At the time she claimed her marriage was more important than the show.  The point being some of these women refuse to continue the folly.

Andy said Camille quit several times the first season.  She came back did a reinvent Camille year and then backed out of a third season doing only cameos.

Bravo is not got to spend a lot of time and energy enforcing someone's contract.  The perfect example was Aviva this year-what a waste.  Adrienne Maloof took them to task and was forced to make a few appearances but she was gone with the wind and all they could do is say she it was her final appearance as a RHOBH.  Surprise-she is back this year.

I have gone back and forth on why Sonja has forgiven Aviva and continued to back her.

I think it's a mixture of things. She wanted at least one person she could film with who wouldn't bring up her finances. She wanted to use her fuck buddy relationship with Harry as a story line. She wanted to continue her easy going "I thought it was funny" "Holly Golightly" persona as a part of her story line. And, she needs the gig. As much as she relies on Ramona, she had to have at least one person who would appear to be totally in her corner and not call her out on anything in front of the cameras. Ramona can't help herself and Sonja knows it. But having just ONE person who would film with her that wasn't an "intern" or a paid part of "Team Sonja," probably made filming a lot easier for her.

She could have ridden on Luann's friendship, but Luann would have mentioned her finances, or some other "unpleasant" thing Sonja didn't want to discuss. Aviva was really all she had when it came to not being called out on her delusions. Hell, even Harry wasn't able to stick to the script and just support her delusions. The only one who did it with a straight face was Aviva.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 2
Peggy left shortly after Tamra started asking her on camera about the size of Jim Bellino's package.  At the time she claimed her marriage was more important than the show.  The point being some of these women refuse to continue the folly.

Andy said Camille quit several times the first season.  She came back did a reinvent Camille year and then backed out of a third season doing only cameos.

Didn't Tams say that stuff to Pegs at the last reunion she was on?  She was such a non-entity & her husband was such a bore, I just assumed she wasn't asked back.  Or did they just totally forgot about her -- as most viewers quickly did?  Pegs had major money probs.  I figured she woulda taken the Bravo cash in a hot second.  It was pretty murky with Camille, so who knows.

I didn't know bout Jeana having a salary dispute.  That's interesting.  Remember Jeana would brag & brag & brag & brag & then brag some more when the show first started?  By the time she was gone she was having really terrible money problems & I assumed she didn't want the detail of what she was going thru known.  It was embarrassing enough when Vicks wouldn't lend her a few hundred bucks.

Er, excuse me? I still stand by my claim that HW's never leave on their own accord, and I even addressed these HW's in the posts above.

Did you address Tammy from OC?  She's the one I clearly remember said she left cuz of her whack-job daughters.

Anyhoo, I wonder if that Bravo blog of Aviva's is gonna be her claim that she's leaving the show on her own.  Oh, now that would make me howl!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Well, actually, I only saw Molly once, for a few moments on some shopping network, selling really ugly cheap jewelry.  Don't know anything else bout her, so can't say I hate her, but she did seem very bland & boring -- a huge sin on a reality show -- but who knows, maybe a fight with Veevs might bring out something in her.  

Still say it's Veevs' yellow wallpaper.  Maybe that shit has super powers & can turn anyone into a deranged lunatic

You know about the short story called "The Yellow Wallpaper", right?   Here's the wikipedia for anyone who doesn't:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yellow_Wallpaper

it's a story about a woman who goes crazy while locked in a room that has walls covered in yellow wallpaper.  I swear I think of that story every time I see vile Aviva's apartment with its crazymaking walls.

ETA:  Ramona's blog post tonight... it's pretty poignant, very human.  Makes me want to give her a hug.  She really redeemed herself with that blog, in my eyes, at least.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 6

Did you address Tammy from OC?  She's the one I clearly remember said she left cuz of her whack-job daughters.

Yes, I wrote that I didn't watch the first season of the OC, so I only know Tammy from flashbacks or references here and there, so I'll take your word for it (re: how she left. Didn't her husband, or ex, die? And I remember her kids were pretty wild, and she seemed pretty cool, so it seems logical that she would leave for her family's benefit).  The others were either let go (although they said otherwise), or left to do a spin-off.

Anyhow, I wonder if that Bravo blog of Aviva's is gonna be her claim that she's leaving the show on her own.  Oh, now that would make me howl!

I can totally see that happening. And that kinda goes to my point - they all spin the story that leaving was their idea, but it never is.

Bravo is not got to spend a lot of time and energy enforcing someone's contract. The perfect example was Aviva this year-what a waste. Adrienne Maloof took them to task and was forced to make a few appearances but she was gone with the wind and all they could do is say she it was her final appearance as a RHOBH. Surprise-she is back this year.

Do you really think that Bravo isn't going to enforce someone's contract? How do they avoid anarchy? I think they own these bitches. If they don't enforce contracts what would they do if someone decided mid season, right in the middle of an important story, that they didn't like the way things were going and they were done? Someone with employment law experience would have to weigh in, but I don't believe they can just selectively enforce rules and contracts. I think there are times when letting someone out of their contract works fine for Bravo and is in their best interest. Dina on the NJ show because of the legal bullshit going on behind the scenes involving Danielle and Lexi. Lydia and the fact that she was pregnant, which Bravo might have decided they didn't want to fill up the season.

These gals are always going to spin things when they are not asked back, or when they sense they won't be. No doubt they have suspicions about their future long before anything is confirmed. No one wants to be fired. It always sounds better to say it was your decision to leave. Sometimes they act like they might walk to ramp up the drama and remind Bravo of their worth. This is what Lisa V did for months, torturing her fans by acting like she might not return. Then, a couple of weeks ago she casually reveals that she was under contract with Bravo. Of course she was always going to return, but you would not have known it by her comments on Twitter or in her blogs. Carlton also said in a separate article that she was under contract for three years (article also attached below). I find it hard to believe Carlton was under contract and Joyce wasn't. The fact that Joyce wanted to make it sound like she was the one who decided to end the relationship is the perfect example of the spin. This is what they do.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1372604/lisa-vanderpump-calls-new-housewife-opinionated-says-last-season-of-rhobh-was-awful/

http://www.toofab.com/2014/05/29/carlton-gebbia-breaks-silence-on-being-fired-from-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

Didn't Tams say that stuff to Pegs at the last reunion she was on?  She was such a non-entity & her husband was such a bore, I just assumed she wasn't asked back.  Or did they just totally forgot about her -- as most viewers quickly did?  Pegs had major money probs.  I figured she woulda taken the Bravo cash in a hot second.  It was pretty murky with Camille, so who knows.

I didn't know bout Jeana having a salary dispute.  That's interesting.  Remember Jeana would brag & brag & brag & brag & then brag some more when the show first started?  By the time she was gone she was having really terrible money problems & I assumed she didn't want the detail of what she was going thru known.  It was embarrassing enough when Vicks wouldn't lend her a few hundred bucks.

Anyhoo, I wonder if that Bravo blog of Aviva's is gonna be her claim that she's leaving the show on her own.  Oh, now that would make me howl!

Peggy came back and was on for about two episodes after her big announcement at the Reunion she had boned Jim Bellino.  Tamra then put her on the spot and asked about Jim's package in the new season and Peggy walked.  Peggy was not going to go toe to toe with Alexis  over Jim. 

Tammy Knickenbocker had a physician boyfriend who appeared briefly.  He did not want her to be a part of the show.  It was hard on her girls as much like the other adult children they would have received a salary.  Again another HW who left under her terms.

Here is the Jeana story -the original OC HWs made very little money.  Jeana, Tamra and Vicki held out for the big money.  Jeana thought Tamra and Vicki were in and then unbeknownst to Jeana they had signed contracts and aced Jeana out.  Jeana made appearances but she was royally screwed by Tamra and Vicki.  You can hear, if your ears will permit the story on B-Side Blog-this all came from Jill Zarin.   The stink of it was they took Jeana's money and then dumped her.  A reason I am always reluctant to trust either Vicki or Tamra.  So Jeana being a hold out meant she was not going to work for peanuts.

Aviva was such a question mark last year and I think she promised to bring it with George.  Aviva was gone after the first seven weeks.  Why they let that silly woman commandeer the Reunion is beyond me.  What a waste.

Do you really think that Bravo isn't going to enforce someone's contract?

Of course. It's a contract, after all. Want proof? Adrienne Maloof. Her contract stipulated that she participate in the reunion. She refused. They fired her.

These gals are always going to spin things when they are not asked back, or when they sense they won't be. No doubt they have suspicions about their future long before anything is confirmed. No one wants to be fired. It always sounds better to say it was your decision to leave.

Exactly. Right on.

Do you really think that Bravo isn't going to enforce someone's contract? How do they avoid anarchy? I think they own these bitches. If they don't enforce contracts what would they do if someone decided mid season, right in the middle of an important story, that they didn't like the way things were going and they were done? Someone with employment law experience would have to weigh in, but I don't believe they can just selectively enforce rules and contracts. I think there are times when letting someone out of their contract works fine for Bravo and is in their best interest. Dina on the NJ show because of the legal bullshit going on behind the scenes involving Danielle and Lexi. Lydia and the fact that she was pregnant, which Bravo might have decided they didn't want to fill up the season.

These gals are always going to spin things when they are not asked back, or when they sense they won't be. No doubt they have suspicions about their future long before anything is confirmed. No one wants to be fired. It always sounds better to say it was your decision to leave. Sometimes they act like they might walk to ramp up the drama and remind Bravo of their worth. This is what Lisa V did for months, torturing her fans by acting like she might not return. Then, a couple of weeks ago she casually reveals that she was under contract with Bravo. Of course she was always going to return, but you would not have known it by her comments on Twitter or in her blogs. Carlton also said in a separate article that she was under contract for three years (article also attached below). I find it hard to believe Carlton was under contract and Joyce wasn't. The fact that Joyce wanted to make it sound like she was the one who decided to end the relationship is the perfect example of the spin. This is what they do.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1372604/lisa-vanderpump-calls-new-housewife-opinionated-says-last-season-of-rhobh-was-awful/

http://www.toofab.com/2014/05/29/carlton-gebbia-breaks-silence-on-being-fired-from-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/

Let's face it most of them would give an ovary to have their contract renewed.  Since these are unscripted shows one can say or do nothing and be let out of their contract. They can't make these women perform words or deeds.  All they have to do is show up.  Judging by this season of NY it seemed several were forced to honor their contract.  Idiot Andy saying Aviva could have gone to Montana and read a book was just stupid-what were they going to do show her reading a book?  The contracts aren't true employment contracts they are talent contracts.

They sign a contract for three years but each year has an option.  Carlton was out and by not renewing she is free to do whatever she wants.  All Joyce had to do was demand a tremendous amount of money.  Joyce is not Brandi or Taylor -she didn't need the money.  What the contracts prevent the women from doing is getting a better offer on a competing show.  So Dina doing HGTV wasn't a competition.  Nor is Joyce doing a Spanish language show.  I think Bravo appreciated she and Michael and honored her wishes she wanted to move on.

So it really isn't anarchy-since most of them want to appear on the show.  There is a long line of ladies who want their jibs.

In the case of Lisa-she is under contract and she also has another show with the same production company.  All of Lisa's stuff is BS.

As to Adrienne Maloof they fired her but they didn't go after her for breach of contract.  She wanted out after the Brandi moment.   Let's face it Adrienne had the money had Bravo decided to sue. They let it go and now she is back.

Edited by zoeysmom

Sunshine:  Congrats on your book.  Wishing you continued success.  I'm probably not the only one here who'd love more deets but understand if you don't want to share.

Alas, Heather disagrees.  And Heather knows everything about everything.  She says that normally when people "don't have celebrity or fame no one's going to know you to buy your book".  I'm glad you're an anomaly. :-)

She also said that all she reads are biographies.  And "they're all ghostwritten".  Does Radzi know she thinks that?

Why would Heather say this? 

Here's where I thought Heather was full of shit here, in her assertion Aviva was only able to market her book because she had lost her leg.

This is the reunion, that 4th wall is for all intents and purposes gone, so let's not beat around the bush, Heather...

SHE WAS ABLE TO MARKET THAT FUCKING BOOK BECAUSE OF HER 'CELEBRITY STATUS' AS A BRAVO REAL HOUSEWIFE, HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!  

All of these hags are able to get books "published" no matter what the subject matter....Books that never would have been looked at twice EXCEPT they had a built-in demographic, Bravo's RH viewers.

Now why the fresh hell didn't Heather just tell Aviva that she could thank Bravo for being able to market that book instead of saying it was because she lost a leg?  THOUSANDS of people lose a limb every year, Heather...And I'm pretty sure maybe 0.01% of those thousands was able to market a book based on their loss of a limb.  

Whew...I feel better now.  That has been driving me as batshit crazy as Aviva ever since Heather made that assertion.  These women are all so damned annoying. 

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

I get what you're saying, but with Aviva, you're never going to get the satisfaction you're looking for.  Andy asked her twice to explain how saying "at least I'm not 50" is a compliment, and she simply dug in her heels and went on obfuscating.  That's why then asking Carole about it was really the best approach - because then Carole was able to give the best answer - I'm fifty and fabulous, I'm confident and secure (and I think Andy knew she felt this way), so I think it was a good resolution.  On a related note, I don't think it's Andy's job to look out for viewers or their feelings at these reunions.  I think his job is to ask questions, and the answers are the answers.

This is why I believe Carole's take on what the back half of that insult was. I think Aviva had a brief moment of self awareness that if she completed that dig with "and alone!" she would have lost any sympathy from the rest of the women. I also think she realized that would have come back with "my husband is dead" and Aviva would have no counter insult.

• Love 2

Ah, so the Moaner finally fesses up!!!!!!!  She was lying in Part 2 that everything in her marriage was OK.  She already had booted da bum out, eh?  Why did ya lie to us, Moaner?

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-6/blogs/ramona-singer/ramona-on-her-divorce-from-mario

Btw, Moaner writes "should of" instead of "should have", as Lu did on her Bravo blogs -- like a billion times.  Sheesh, can someone give these dames a basic grammar lesson -- please?

Oh my goodness, I gotta go to sleep cuz the thought of liking Moaner is making my head explode.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Ah, so the Moaner finally fesses up!!!!!!!  She was lying in Part 2 that everything in her marriage was OK.  She already had booted da bum out, eh?  Why did ya lie to us, Moaner?

Well, yes and no. Yes, she booted Mario out last week, or the week before part two of the reunion aired, but the reunion was filmed awhile ago. According to Ramona, whenever that was, she and Mario had reconciled a month prior, and were trying to work it out. It was irritating that she wouldn't address anything, but I don't see how she was technically lying if they really were trying to reconcile. Now Mario on the other hand....

• Love 1

You know about the short story called "The Yellow Wallpaper", right? Here's the wikipedia for anyone who doesn't: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yellow_Wallpaper

it's a story about a woman who goes crazy while locked in a room that has walls covered in yellow wallpaper. I swear I think of that story every time I see vile Aviva's apartment with its crazymaking walls.

ETA: Ramona's blog post tonight... it's pretty poignant, very human. Makes me want to give her a hug. She really redeemed herself with that blog, in my eyes, at least.

Thanks OhGromit, I had not read this. So thankful women have more freedom and control today. If anyone wants to read it, download it from Gutenberg Library.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/?query=the+yellow+wallpaper

I agree she's got some good points about the bitch that is Aviva.  However, she started her blog with a tweet she stole about liars. Point taken but we could all counter with countless tweets/Facebook memes we've read this week, thanks to my sweetheart Robin Williams.  About treating people with kindness because you don't know what battles they're fighting. Or how in the end, only kindness matters.  Yeah, yeah...I know, she owes Aviva nothing. And yes I know that Aviva could do so in kind.  But if Carole is so above Aviva, she should act that way.

Then this:

I'd rather be 50 and me than be 45 and Aviva, any day of the week. She aged worse this season than a president in his first term. Holy short dress, I don't mind at all how I look. Overbite and all. I'll take it.

Don't kid yourself, Radzi.  You're bordering on being as ugly on the inside as she is.

• Love 6

Aviva was such a question mark last year and I think she promised to bring it with George.  Aviva was gone after the first seven weeks.  Why they let that silly woman commandeer the Reunion is beyond me.  What a waste.

From what I've gathered Aviva is active on the charity scene in NYC. I'm wondering how her heinous performance on the show will affect that side of her life. I'd have a problem working with her/giving her--her cause--money after seeing this. There are simply too many good causes out there which need help to tarnish whatever it is she's trying to help for her  to make this kind of PR mess for her cause. In my experience, charity giving is based on basically two pulls; a good cause, obviously, plus a personal contact or tie to whatever the cause is. If the face of, say, child prosthetics, is this awful person it can't be helping. I, for one, wouldn't want her on the Board if I were involved in their fund raising.

• Love 7

From what I've gathered Aviva is active on the charity scene in NYC. I'm wondering how her heinous performance on the show will affect that side of her life. I'd have a problem working with her/giving her--her cause--money after seeing this. There are simply too many good causes out there which need help to tarnish whatever it is she's trying to help for her  to make this kind of PR mess for her cause. In my experience, charity giving is based on basically two pulls; a good cause, obviously, plus a personal contact or tie to whatever the cause is. If the face of, say, child prosthetics, is this awful person it can't be helping. I, for one, wouldn't want her on the Board if I were involved in their fund raising.

She may have to step down until this cools off and it always does.  I don't think she has the self-awareness to realize that she may be hurting an organization she's obviously passionate about, though.  Maybe the organization has known all along she's BSC and don't care because she contributes time and money and raises funds.  It's all about the money.  As it should be.  Or maybe IRL she's NOT BSC and people actually respect and like her.  Who knows. 

Or she should stay on the board if she's a mover and a shaker but put on the Cloak of Invisibility for a while.  A good, long while.

• Love 1