Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

Hasn't Heather always claimed the lawsuit was dropped? They agreed to a settlement before trial and Terry's malpractice insurance company wrote a check. Which, just to let Heather know, is not the definition of 'dropped' and that actually Nicole won. Interesting that there's no NDA for medical lawsuits. 

Get well, Archie. 

I thought Heather was implying at her party where she went BSC that the lawsuit was dropped - in that it never went anywhere. IIRC Nicole said that she never wanted to sue, that her lawyer talked her into it. But that she dropped it. While I think your scenario is more likely, I don't think Heather, Terry or even Nicole have ever admitted it.  It might also explain why there was a 45 minute convo (according to Gina) about it at the reunion but most of it was left on the cutting room floor. 

I don't understand why Gina was so mad about what John said. He said it to Shannon, and was trying to support her and make her feel better. I mostly remember John saying he was done with Gina. That's Gina's favourite phrase, and the one she used on vacation when she was drunk and tried to slam swinging doors. STFU Gina. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I agree - you can't have it both ways - either you want to be an equal, and are ready to engage with a man on equal footing, no matter what is said, or you want to be a pampered, fragile feeling little woman.

Plus, John didn't say ANYTHING to Gina's face - he was expressing his frustration at everything that had happened between Shannon and Gina prior to his on-camera comments.  I'm sure he was fed up - possibly because Shannon may have been constantly harping about it all.

Would Gina have felt the same way if it were one of the women saying those same exact words?  

Granted, the sentiment was terrible and probably should not have been said by anyone, man or woman, while mic'd up and on camera, but, it's not like John threatened her with bodily harm or something.  He just basically told her she could f-off.  I guess Gina's shed some of her NY tough skin, living in Orange County, if she ever had one, that is.  

Yeah...Gina big tough New Yorker...my ass! First off, she's not from NYC...she's from Long Island. Being from Long Island or from Westchester County is not being a "New Yorker". I lived many years in Manhattan, specifically the Village two blocks from Washington Square Park. Before that on the Upper East Side. Long Islanders and other people coming into NYC from Westchester and Connecticut were real easy to pick out as they would saunter into the Village on a Saturday with their designer clothes and shop at the boutiques in Soho. I use to see plenty of women who looked just like Heather and Gina wearing too much make up and looked like out of town tourists. Gina isn't tough at all and neither is Heather...they're just bullies that are emboldened by each other. Gina doesn't have a New York accent...she has spoiled little rich girl Long Island accent...if she is so tough you'd think she could handle John's FU comment and not be such a snowflake...and we all saw Heather's mom...enough said. 

Edited by Hedgehog2022
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Heather doesn't expect Noella to be invited back. She condescendingly said some to the effect of, "IF I ever see you again..." Emphasis definitely placed on the If.

That was such a nasty thing to say.  I guess Heather controls casting now.  She clearly doesn't understand we aren't all amused by the Dubrow show. 

The one bit of credit I can give Heather is I think she thought about how her dress would look when she was sitting.  Suddenly the placement of the belt, that looked too high when standing, made sense.  Gina and Emily's outfits were the worst when they sat down.  Gina kept trying to cover her stomach. Emily looked like her breasts were going to explode. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Yeah...Gina big tough New Yorker...my ass! First off, she's not from NYC...she's from Long Island. Being from Long Island or from Westchester County is not being a "New Yorker". I lived many years in Manhattan, specifically the Village two blocks from Washington Square Park. Before that on the Upper East Side. Long Islanders and other people coming into NYC from Westchester and Connecticut were real easy to pick out as they would saunter into the Village on a Saturday with their designer clothes and shop at the boutiques in Soho. I use to see plenty of women who looked just like Heather and Gina wearing too much make up and looked like out of town tourists. Gina isn't tough at all and neither is Heather...they're just bullies that are emboldened by each other. Gina doesn't have a New York accent...she has spoiled little rich girl Long Island accent...and we all saw Heather's mom...enough said.

So, only people who live in the 5 boroughs are New Yorkers but everywhere else doesn’t matter for shit? Ok

Guess this Long Islander is not a New Yorker but a bougie princess. Got it. I’ll make sure to introduce myself that way to others, lest I offend a true “New Yorker”

PS. Gina is from the South Shore and her accent reflects that. Spoiled little rich girls are stereotypically from the North Shore. Like me.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I get annoyed that Andy lets Heather control the show.  If anyone talks against Heather she gets to stop it with Andy's help.  But the others get piled on while Andy sits back and enjoys the show.  Heather also had to add her 2cents to everyone else's time.  I wanted someone to put a gag on her.  

I still dislike Gina and her smugness.  

Andy was the same way with RHONY reunions when Bethenny was there...she would monopolize the discussion and Andy would fawn over her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

So, only people who live in the 5 boroughs are New Yorkers but everywhere else doesn’t matter for shit? Ok

Guess this Long Islander is not a New Yorker but a bougie princess. Got it. I’ll make sure to introduce myself that way to others, lest I offend a true “New Yorker”

PS. Gina is from the South Shore and her accent reflects that. Spoiled little rich girls are stereotypically from the North Shore. Like me.

Uh yeah...that's how most people from Manhattan feel about everyone else who isn't. Sorry...it's just a thing...worst day of the year was St.Patrick's Day when underage high school kids from Jersey and other suburban areas would pile into the Village to hit up the bars and then puke all over our neighborhoods. Sorry if you're offended but that's just the way most people from Manhattan view the suburbs. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

Hasn't Heather always claimed the lawsuit was dropped? They agreed to a settlement before trial and Terry's malpractice insurance company wrote a check. Which, just to let Heather know, is not the definition of 'dropped' and that actually Nicole won. Interesting that there's no NDA for medical lawsuits. 

Heather's had money for a while, yet still feels the need to mention it like she's only just won the lottery, which is far more nauseating than Noella talking about the divorce that's a new experience for her. Props to Noella for acknowledging how it came across when she watched herself.  But shame on Gina for not having much sympathy (or patience) when she's made her own divorce and its fallout her storyline. Imagine how she'd react if anyone told her - "For God's sake, just shup up about Matt already."  She literally hung all her dirty laundry out in public. 

They spend hours screaming at each other and generally being hateful, then in the last couple of minutes they're metaphorically linking arms and singing kumbaya. Sorry, not buying it. Especially when it'll be lather, rinse & repeat next season. 

Get well, Archie. 

Wait...what? Archie is sick? What's wrong with him? He might be the only thing on this show that I Iike!

Edited by Hedgehog2022
  • Love 3

...and here's another thing I didn't like about Emily (just follow along like you have been in my head sharing my thoughts 😆) - Andy was giving Noella the floor to discuss her relationship with her father and the impact of losing him. It was good to get some insight into their relationship and her articulation of his interest in her. They became closer once she was in an industry that aligned with his and his interests. We were jarred out of that conversation by Emily butting in to talk about her and her father. WHO ASKED YOU? Maybe her intention was to support Noella, but it was an 'all about me' move that was irritating.

Edited by nichelle
  • Love 21
18 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I've actually never heard of the other definition that Heather and Andy said. 

Put a pin in it!

From the online FreeDictionary.com  (IDIOMS)   To take a break from discussing some topic, with plans to resume the discussion later.

From the Urban Dictionary:  A douchey/ middle management way to say "let's come back to that later," or, "hold that thought." Increasingly popular in business speak.

HandGrenade.thumb.jpg.0d545119ada7e4938ddc1f8584e1de8a.jpg     Possibly originally from WWII, referring to putting a pin back in a hand grenade so it won't go off.

Edited by Back Atcha
Put a pin in it!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Heather doesn't expect Noella to be invited back. She condescendingly said some to the effect of, "IF I ever see you again..." Emphasis definitely placed on the If.

That was such a nasty thing to say.  I guess Heather controls casting now.  She clearly doesn't understand we aren't all amused by the Dubrow show. 

It's too bad that I'm a "hardly ever" watcher.  I AM amused by the Dubrow Show (but not Andy). Am I the only one? I believe that she's richer and smarter than all the other housewives.  I do wonder why she even wants to hang with them.  Is being on a low-level reality show THAT important?  Surely she has close friends who are more enjoyable.  I'm entertained by Heather.  NOT by Shannon (poor thing).  She has been the "Poor Me" contestant ever since she walked into (what was it?) a barbecue at the Dubrows'?   Noella?  I agree...IF she's ever seen again...   I've never watched the others.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Heather doesn't expect Noella to be invited back. She condescendingly said something to the effect of, "IF I ever see you again..." Emphasis definitely placed on the If.

I noticed that big “IF I see you again” comment too! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I recognized that South Shore accent immediately as well.  I'm from the middle (Dix Hills), but we have more than our share of spoiled little rich girls who don't sound quite so much like Gina.  And f'ing a, Gina, if you can't handle an "F Gina", you are a wuss.  John's comment was totally support for Shannon -- she's certainly said things like that to her friends before about other people.

• Love 9
On 4/27/2022 at 11:54 PM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Can someone wipe that SMUG look off Gina’s face: where I’m from “put a pin in it” means shut up/stop/pop the balloon.

Ya, I don't know what Gina is so smug about.  I liked her when she first came on.  Now I can't even look at her without feeling stabby.  Here, in my part of Boston, we said "put a sock in it".    

• Love 19
10 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Ha ha, me too! North Shore girl here. I don't think Gina was ever a spoiled rich girl. I got the impression she was raised middle class. No indication from seeing her parents and listening to talk about her childhood was there indication she was a rich girl. 

That said, still can't stand Gina. 

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I do not think Jon Janssen was inappropriate in saying the things he did to Shannon about Gina.  He said “fuck her, Gina, that is the most ridiculous comment, we’re done, fuck her, she is not your friend”.  Had he said that directly to Gina it would have been something else.  I wish my now ex-husband would have had my back that way.  

Shannon can rest easy now because Heather is proud of you.

I agree with this distinction.  Had he said it to her face it would be a very different story.  This was his way of saying that Gina had been treating Shannon like garbage.  She was.  Somehow it's okay for Emily and Gina to scream at and over people when they disagree with them and try to completely shut down Shannon, but Jon saying something  to Shannon about Gina is a bridge too far. 

• Like 1
  • Love 23

Keeping a spotlight on the term “put a pin in it”, because I want to flog it to death in the spirit of all things Housewife:

Shannon was objecting to Gina’s over INFLATED ego so it makes perfect sense that she wanted to put a pin in it to DEFLATE it. Heather and her little gang then getting all excited for a Shannon gotcha moment about her misusing the phrase is just so silly… everyone knows what Shannon meant.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
On 4/28/2022 at 10:15 AM, SnarkAttack said:

When Heather said, "Wouldn't I remember writing a check?" in response to Noella mentioning Nicole's malpractice lawsuit settlement, it's the malpractice insurance company who writes the check, not the doctor personally.  Why would Heather say that?  

Because OBVIOUSLY Heather runs the malpractice insurance company! Come ON!

• LOL 16
2 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Keeping a spotlight on the term “put a pin in it”, because I want to flog it to death in the spirit of all things Housewife:

Shannon was objecting to Gina’s over INFLATED ego so it makes perfect sense that she wanted to put a pin in it to DEFLATE it. Heather and her little gang then getting all excited for a Shannon gotcha moment about her misusing the phrase is just so silly… everyone knows what Shannon meant.

Andy just had to bring it up and instigate another pile on.  Of course he ignored Emily Attorney at Law's numerous malapropisms.

• Love 14
On 4/28/2022 at 7:06 AM, 65mickey said:

So Shannon had a full facelift after the show wrapped. I don't see any difference in her face. She still looks swollen and her mouth looks like it doesn't move much when she speaks. Of course when Andy asked them to say one nice thing about one other lady, Emily was first to chime in with her love and admiration of Heather. 

The filler has ruined her face IMO. She looks like a different person in the clips from the earlier shows. 

I can't stand Gina, Heather or Emily. It was difficult to watch this! 

• Love 12
On 4/27/2022 at 10:37 PM, Pondlass1 said:

Yeah, this is it for me in terms of OC. I know folk disagree, but I say bring back Icky and shit stirrer Tamra.

Come have tea with me….I’ll add Vicki.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Seriously, lol. Think where you want to go and have a nice dinner and/or party.

Shannon...a boat, and a band?

Heather - Nobu and no sushi?

Gina, Noella, Jenn.... absolutely nothing.

Don't we all know the show pays for a very lot of it?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

She said some people stayed later, and not only ate the sushi, but got to take some home!

absolutely sign me up for that!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

To me Noella sounds like both a 20yo and a 70yo all wrapped in one, she is so odd. Especially in Cabo when she was talking about being used to flying private and needing the tequila the correct temperature, it was like she was Lovey Howell. Then with her talking about the new business and the stack of vaginas, she was in try hard college student mode, like when she was telling Max that she's also bisexual. The end result is very "How do you do fellow kids?"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Seriously, lol. Think where you want to go and have a nice dinner and/or party.

Shannon...a boat, and a band?

Gina, Noella, Jenn.... absolutely nothing.

Don't we all know the show pays for a very lot of it?

Um, did you forget Gina has brought us a launch party for her skin care?! I mean really, her friend Taut Tat Toe helped her and everything.

Emily is defending the wrongly accused, I am guessing she thought it would be more of a story line than we saw but it is still nice of her to help people.

Jenn is helping people with their frown lines and, and, well...not getting divorced maybe?

Noella has given us the gift of yet another vibrator venture, who among us have not wished there was yet another company from which to buy a vibrator that is endorsed by a housewife.  

Shannon's neck skin could be a "friend of," next season and it would be more entertaining than most of the wives.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Late to the party! That was it? I thought they were cutting to commercial and then the credits popped up! 😂 It took about 3 rewinds before I finally took it in. Kept getting distracted by more interesting things.

What a meh season. Not a good look for Emily or Gina this year. At all. I didn't expect much from Heather, but she sure embraced the dark side this time!

I wish Shannon would take a class on effective arguing or something. She keeps repeating the first part of her sentence while trying to listen to what the other person is screaming at her. She also can't seem to finish her point unless no one else is talking. C'mon, Shan! Step it up a bit.

Noella is so far out there, I'm starting to wonder if she's actually an alien. I'm very glad I do not have to be around her irl. I like that she wasn't afraid to stand up to anyone, but her twisting things or truth fudging really weakens any support she could have. Someone who is so willing to lie about serious things is a very dangerous person.

oops! I almost hit submit and then I remembered Jen! Sorry, Jen. She was too reserved and not wanting to look stupid on camera this season, which kinda made her look stupid on camera! Her face always looked slightly confused. I think she's a kook as well, just not as loud and open about it as Noella. I'm so glad this season is over so I don't have to see Ryan-Ryne-Rind-Rhyme's weird mouth and strange head weekly!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I don't have to see Ryan-Ryne-Rind-Rhyme's weird mouth and strange head weekly!

The head and mouth are so distracting and it is all I can see. I cannot believe she has not had his mouth fixed somehow, dental, cosmetic surgery, something!  His head is shaped like a russet potato.

• LOL 5

Thing is we never saw any warmth between Jen and her husband let alone Jen and her children...even her daughter when they got their mani/pedis. Awkward!!!

Jen just let her be a brat and accepted it. Actually even encouraged it.

• Love 2
On 5/14/2022 at 3:49 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

The head and mouth are so distracting and it is all I can see. I cannot believe she has not had his mouth fixed somehow, dental, cosmetic surgery, something!  His head is shaped like a russet potato.

Right?! Especially in the Land of Plastic, you'd think she could barter her way into some fixes.

I just figured out who he reminds me of! Sloth from The Goonies! (Except I adore Sloth)

FBBBFAD7-8EEF-4A55-964E-D0C12552DB01.jpeg

C44B706D-6D25-4359-8643-67E8582A0EFC.jpeg

• LOL 3
On 5/14/2022 at 4:49 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Like Terry Dubrow. 

• LOL 2