Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E15: Put It to the Test

• Start Topic

Why does Levi still have a job?

So wait, it was Schmidt's mom who triggered the residency program assessment by writing online complaints? (I was only half paying attention, plus all the yelling made it hard to follow. I hate yelling.)

Weber just now figured out that they want Meredith to work for them?

Why are the assessors talking to the doctors about the program in hallways and treatment rooms in front of patients? 

How is Meredith their top teacher? She's hardly ever there.

Bailey was bugging me just from the preview, acting like Meredith was trained at GS and therefore is never allowed to leave. And then she came in yelling after making assumptions about Meredith's plans.

Somebody please get Levi to a therapist.

So they have "a few weeks" to recruit enough doctors to teach their students properly?

• Love 13
(edited)

Kai's reasoning must not be A+ considering they went straight to asking Amelia if Webber had a drinking problem or had dementia because he got what was clearly a stressful phone call in the middle of an assessment taking place in a hospital and left the assessment with no explanation.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 20

Where to start….

The boyfriend decides to do a groundbreaking, never before successful surgery in Seattle with Meredith and a team of intern who have only read about that kind of transplant because why would he want an experienced team to help him?

And Bailey melts down and attacks Meredith.   Obviously she was panicking because she can’t afford to lose another surgeon, but all that bile that spilled out didn’t appear from no where.  

So the letter writer was Schmidt’s mother… on one hand, that’s just the kind of helicopter parent interference that is humiliating (I speak from experience), but on the other hand, she was right.  

I couldn’t believe that inspector woman saying how wonderful their program was, but then she added but there were still too many issues and they are on probation.    Wait until they find the sun is leaving and Bally’s rant pushed her out the door.  

I don’t blame Link for being pissed his ex introduced their son to someone she has just started seeing.  

• Love 11

The show opens with Schmit and soon moves to Kai --two characters I would be perfectly happy if I never saw again.

Why is Hamilton and Kai talking to Schmidt? How Richard teaches has no bearing on whether he can still do surgery. Speaking of which the Stroop test is not a test of muscle memory, it's a measure of cognitive processing.

Meredith's end V/O should be banned for being b.s. People who study harder do better on tests that they have time to study for. Hold the presses.

I'm tired of these "ground-breaking surgeries" as the only measure of of a person or a program.

I think the living pig needed the kidney more than the brain dead man. Surely The Sun is brilliant to grow livers and save the poor pgs.

So glad someone brought up the attendings/residents dating.

SHUT UP BAILEY. you sound desperate talking to the assessors..

Meredith has decided to move to Minnesota. I wonder how long that will last. Not.

Honestly, the GS residency program really needs to end.

Season 18, this show has slipped to 4th place among medical shows.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm tired of these "ground-breaking surgeries" as the only measure of of a person or a program.

Yeah, if I need my appendix out I don't care how many groundbreaking surgeries my doctor has watched from above, I want to know they're properly trained in removing an appendix.

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Bailey was bugging me just from the preview, acting like Meredith was trained at GS and therefore is never allowed to leave. And then she came in yelling after making assumptions about Meredith's plans.

In fairness to Bailey, it does feel at times like the only way for a doctor to leave Grey Sloan is via a body bag.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Yeah, if I need my appendix out I don't care how many groundbreaking surgeries my doctor has watched from above, I want to know they're properly trained in removing an appendix.

Also, how will they not get patients if they're not a teaching hospital? Lots of people don't want to be operated on by students, I imagine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Bailey has a lot of nerve acting like Meredith is never allowed to leave because she trained there. She is an employee, not a freaking slave. And actually she is an owner, so she can really do whatever she wants. Maggie has a lot of nerve too if she doesn't think Meredith is allowed to move (although, she may have just been annoyed at not knowing about it).

Would anyone pay attention to some Twitter about a hospital resident's program? I know Twitter can be weird in how things escalate, but it is not exactly that interesting a topic to people who don't work there. Unless it is some big influencer posting, I can't see it getting attention.

1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

Also, how will they not get patients if they're not a teaching hospital? Lots of people don't want to be operated on by students, I imagine.

Also, aren't a lot of the patients there due to emergencies? I can't really see anyone saying, my father had a heart attack and is unconscious. But Grey Sloane isn't a teaching hospital anymore, let's go to the hospital farther away.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I almost forgot the pointed questions by the testers to Owen (and his wife for some reason) about deaths of folks in his study.  

Yeah…I mean has she been stewing about that for 18 years!

• Love 1

On the one hand, it's absurd that any rando off the streets can make online complaints about a hospital and suddenly they're in danger of losing their accreditation. On the other hand, Grey-Sloane is about, I don't know, eighteen years overdue to lose said accreditation. It's a good thing the assessors weren't able to interview some of the patients. At least news of inter-personnel hookups seems to be well known by now. 

Is Nick married? Is that what Bailey said? How did I miss that? 

• Love 6
Just now, iMonrey said:

Is Nick married? Is that what Bailey said? How did I miss that? 

No, Bailey was taking a cheap shot at Derrick being married to Addison (although very separated) when he met Meredith. Which was something Meredith was unaware of and which really rocked her.

That was an incredibly low blow on Bailey's part.

• Love 21

No, Bailey was taking a cheap shot at Derrick being married to Addison (although very separated) when he met Meredith. Which was something Meredith was unaware of and which really rocked her.

But I thought Bailey was making a comparison, saying Meredith was up to her old tricks with another married man. ?

• Love 1

Bailey: "You're, yeah, no, you're... that girl, huh? That same, hah, little girl that's following her handsome attending all around the hospital, right? Breaking all the rules, having sex in cars, no one and nobody else matters. And it doesn't matter that he's your boss, not - that he's already married!"

Seems like she transitioned from referencing Nick or just Meredith's usual MO generally to getting specific about Meredith's past relationship with Derek.

With all the other flashbacks they had in this episode, I imagine the "having sex in cars" line was the writer's idea of another "fun" reference to season 1 but the way they worked it into Bailey's anger at Meredith really made it come across like she'd been holding on to this very petty detail for 17 years.

Other than that - I guess I'm just happy that the big crisis at the hospital is about a residency program review and not a mass casualty event. I'd still love for this crisis to cause some character turnover the same way the mass deaths always do though. It's past time for some of these characters to move on, and needing new teaching doctors is a great way to get some fresh faces in.

• Love 12

On the one hand, it's absurd that any rando off the streets can make online complaints about a hospital and suddenly they're in danger of losing their accreditation. 

This was completely ridiculous. We know residency programs are ranked/rated since we saw them all freaking out when the dropped to 12 many years ago. Now 1 person making social media comments (likely from the same device) has people showing up and lurking around the hospital listening. 

Also ridiculous was the people doing Richard's evaluation just happen to be 2 people who worked with Meredith & co in MN. I guess they needed someone new to stop by to state how amazing The Sun is - she can't be contained to one hospital.

Meredith has decided to move to Minnesota. I wonder how long that will last. Not.

I wish she'd go but we all know that's not happening.

Bailey: "You're, yeah, no, you're... that girl, huh? That same, hah, little girl that's following her handsome attending all around the hospital, right? Breaking all the rules, having sex in cars, no one and nobody else matters. And it doesn't matter that he's your boss, not - that he's already married!"

Had Bailey said this circa season 4-5 I maybe could have seen it. Bailey and Meredith have been through a lot in the past 14 seasons both personally and professionally. Bailey bringing this back up now, especially with Derek being dead, made 0 sense. Surely they could have found some other way for Meredith to come the conclusion that people will see her as she was then so she needs to go without Bailey acting like a petty shrew. Other than Bailey's meltdown that point isn't even true. Every other episode there's someone worshiping her greatness with barely a reference to her past as a resident.

• Love 11

I was so bummed when I saw that Glasses was going to be in this episode. But I will admit he provided the 2 parts that made me laugh:

(a) him realizing it was his mom because of too many hashtags

(b) his mom toppling down the stairs--something about that was funny (even though real life falling down the stairs is not).

• Love 5

Meredith named her first carried child after Bailey. the idea that Bailey is holding a grudge is petty. But not out of reason for this show.

16 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I don’t blame Link for being pissed his ex introduced their son to someone she has just started seeing.  

Scout meets a lot of adults in daycare, the park, activities, and he's young enough not to get attached to someone he meets casually. Unless Amelia introduced Kai as "this is the person Mommy is replacing Daddy with", it's not going to affect him. It felt like Linc was more hurt for his sake than Scout's.

2 hours ago, shantown said:

Other than that - I guess I'm just happy that the big crisis at the hospital is about a residency program review and not a mass casualty event. I'd still love for this crisis to cause some character turnover the same way the mass deaths always do though. It's past time for some of these characters to move on, and needing new teaching doctors is a great way to get some fresh faces in.

Even mass casualty events don't kill off people the way they used to.

The show needs new residents as well as new attendings. The only rootable person from Schmidt's class (transgender vet) disappeared seasons ago, Perez is only moderately interesting and the rest are either non-existent or duds. I will hate it saving his mom caused Schmidt to go back into surgery when we were so close to getting rid of him.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Scout meets a lot of adults in daycare, the park, activities, and he's young enough not to get attached to someone he meets casually. Unless Amelia introduced Kai as "this is the person Mommy is replacing Daddy with", it's not going to affect him. It felt like Linc was more hurt for his sake than Scout's.

I rolled my eyes at his reaction to that one. Like, dude, she doesn't need your permission to let a new friend (or friend) meet her kid.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, DEL901 said:

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

It's not even clear (at least to me) if Kai even met Scout or just knows who Scout is because Amelia would have understandably talked about him. Kai would also believably know who Linc is in relation to Scout. So it seemed like Linc got all puffed up about nothing to me. 

Isn't Scout not even a year old anyways? The kid won't even remember meeting any one person specifically for awhile.

• Love 10

When Kai and Amelia were having dinner in the restaurant, Linc called Amelia so that she could say good night to Scout and Amelia explained to Kai that he did this every night he had Scout. So yes, Kai would know that Linc is Scout's father even if they hadn't met Scout.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I really like it when Linc is snide to Amelia. It's very funny. And his character on "Nashville" was always so kind of sad and worried, it's nice to see the actor get to be funny.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Didn't George kill someone during an appendix surgery his first day and how he got his "007" nickname?

More Schmidt and no hunky boyfriend? No good. 

Also Linc is living with Jo, who isn't a girlfriend, but still. He's hurt and lashing out, still, and then taking it out on the administrators.

Can't even talk about Bailey. Her ship or credibility sailed a LONG time ago. How she is still chief is beyond me. Webber should be Chief and stop doing surgeries. Bailey needs to be some other hospital admin or maybe they'll offer someone else the Chief role...

I think it was more that Meredith was making career choices based on who she's sleeping with.

Meredith has slept with other doctors in the hospital...as has everyone else!!! And in the case of Maggie & Winston, brought a doctor to the hospital!

• Love 5

I hated Amelia when she was on Private Practice. I hated her when she was introduced on Grey's Anatomy. And I still hate her - seemingly more every episode, which I didn't think was possible. She's a selfish, egotistical, horrible person. Linc is, understandably, having a hard time and is behaving badly - but I still like him. He's still likeable. Amelia was never likeable. I never appreciated Jo as she deserved until this season. She's grown so much and regularly says things that make me happy.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Why are the assessors talking to the doctors about the program in hallways and treatment rooms in front of patients? 

Same thing I asked myself.  How would you like to be that patient?  "Hey, who are those people?" "They're trying to decide if the hospital is good enough to keep teaching residents." "You mean that resident that is going to do my surgery?  Get me the hell out of here."

20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Hamilton and Kai talking to Schmidt? How Richard teaches has no bearing on whether he can still do surgery. 

Wasn't he supposed to talk to the evaluators?  What was the point of him talking to Hair and No-Personality?

15 hours ago, PWHCHCH said:

Wilson’s comebacks during her interrogation was a thing of beauty. 

The only good part of the show.

25 minutes ago, Kristi800 said:

Also Linc is living with Jo, who isn't a girlfriend, but still. He's hurt and lashing out, still, and then taking it out on the administrators.

He's no longer living with Jo. She kicked him out when she realized she loved him but couldn't keep sleeping with him.  Or something like that that ruined a great platonic friendship.

21 minutes ago, marcee said:

I hated Amelia when she was on Private Practice. I hated her when she was introduced on Grey's Anatomy. And I still hate her - seemingly more every episode, which I didn't think was possible. She's a selfish, egotistical, horrible person. Linc is, understandably, having a hard time and is behaving badly - but I still like him. He's still likeable. Amelia was never likeable. I never appreciated Jo as she deserved until this season. She's grown so much and regularly says things that make me happy.

So with you 100%  She is horrible and I like to fast forward thru her scenes.  It brings me  joy.

Meredith is not going anywhere.  Although, given how seldom Ellen is on the show anymore, it wouldn't really matter if  she did.

I don't understand why Not-Derek wouldn't let that guy's wife in the first time.  Gown her up like him and the residents and let her have her moment.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kristi800 said:

Didn't George kill someone during an appendix surgery his first day and how he got his "007" nickname?

More Schmidt and no hunky boyfriend? No good. 

George Froze during his first surgery and earned the 007 nickname but he didn't kill anybody.  They weren't doing any kind of method.  He wasn't alone.  Richard was there and stepped in the patient was fine.

Linc seems to have moved out of Jo's place.  

• Useful 2
(edited)
On 4/7/2022 at 8:04 PM, JeanJean said:

Answering this more seriously than the stupid plot line deserves. in general teaching hospitals are prestigious hospitals and so - given the choice - better surgeons and other hospital based doctors will practice in those hospitals. Similarly better residents will seek to get a position at one of the prestigious teaching hospitals when they are "matched". 

Teaching hospitals will also have cutting edge equipment and even though the kind of cutting edge procedures at GS Hospital are preposterous, in general the latest techniques will be used and generally they have a lot more patients and perform more complicated surgery - again chicken and egg because the more of a kind of procedure a hospital performs the better chance that a patient will have a more successful income.

For example my father had a hip replacement in 2007 at Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles which is a prestigious teaching hospital. They were one of  the few hospitals at that time which had a very expensive operating table which enable precision surgery. The doctor who performed the surgery was one of the few who was doing it at the time. Because of the way the surgery was performed it was a much easier and faster recovery with absolutely no limitations after since no muscles are cut as is done in the older surgeries.

The whole process of patients having surgeries done by random surgeons who they have never met at GS is ridiculous. In real life people have appointments with surgeons that are recommended and schedule a surgery to be done by a specific surgeon they have picked. Unless of course it is an emergency surgery which has to be done immediately in which case you probably just have to take who is on call. However I know several friends who had specific plastic surgeons do surgeries on their kids when they had facial injuries instead of using a random plastic surgeon who was on call. 

Picture of the specialized Hana - I believe it costs about $200,000 and so you need to have a facility that uses the table a lot in order to amortize the cost. Again chicken and egg because residents want to be trained on latest technology and the best doctors want to have access to the best equipment.

image.png.40c73d39e3577b4f1a5976a4e7d773a5.png

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3

Is this show renewed past this season? Aside from it just being time for it to stop, this episode with all the clips from the beginning felt like it’s moving towards the end, but I don’t see them ending it on a negative note like the residency program being in trouble.

19 minutes ago, toomuchtv said:

Is this show renewed past this season? Aside from it just being time for it to stop, this episode with all the clips from the beginning felt like it’s moving towards the end, but I don’t see them ending it on a negative note like the residency program being in trouble.

Actually, they could end by selling, everyone goes their own way, the new owner…maybe Christina, changes the name Bach to whatever it used to be and the show ends with the new batch of interns arriving.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/7/2022 at 7:06 PM, LexieLily said:

Kai's reasoning must not be A+ considering she went straight to asking Amelia if Webber had a drinking problem or had dementia because he got what was clearly a stressful phone call in the middle of an assessment taking place in a hospital and left the assessment with no explanation.

I had the same thought. A doctor gets a phone call and rushes out of the room with no explanation. Golly gee, Kai, what could possibly be the reason for that? If Kai didn’t immediately jump to “medical emergency” maybe they’re the one with dementia!

Jo repeating her spiel about this being the best program and Bailey the best chief over and over just sounded like she was parroting something she’d been instructed to say. I did like what she said about surgeons looking down on OB, though.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:01 PM, txhorns79 said:

In fairness to Bailey, it does feel at times like the only way for a doctor to leave Grey Sloan is via a body bag.

Dang, if only Owen would leave that way…

Edited by CarpeFelis
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

Jo repeating her spiel about this being the best program and Bailey the best chief over and over just sounded like she was parroting something she’d been instructed to say. I did like what she said about surgeons looking down on OB, though.

I was annoyed by their implication that because someone decided to switch specialties it must mean something was wrong with the residency program. I'm sure Jo is not the first doctor they've met who decided their initial practice area turned out not to be the right fit.

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I was annoyed by their implication that because someone decided to switch specialties it must mean something was wrong with the residency program. I'm sure Jo is not the first doctor they've met who decided their initial practice area turned out not to be the right fit.

It sounded like a putdown to Jo, too, as if changing her mind meant there must be something wrong with her.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, madmax said:

Wasn't he supposed to talk to the evaluators?  What was the point of him talking to Hair and No-Personality?

Webber wanted a skils/cognitive evaluation as to whether he should retire or not because he got the yips when Schmidt wouldn't come back. It was scheduled for the same time as the evaluation of the residency program.

The evaluation being done by Kai and Hamilton was crap. A neuropsychologist should have been doing it, which Kai is not, they are a neuroscientist (while all psychologist are scientists, not all scientists not psychologists). I have no idea under what logical Hamilton was evaluating Webber because I don't think we even know what kind of a doctor Hamilton is.

It seems like the whole thing was just set up so that they could give speeches about what a wonderful doctor and inspiration Webber is.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Webber wanted a skils/cognitive evaluation as to whether he should retire or not because he got the yips when Schmidt wouldn't come back. It was scheduled for the same time as the evaluation of the residency program.

The evaluation being done by Kai and Hamilton was crap. A neuropsychologist should have been doing it, which Kai is not, they are a neuroscientist (while all psychologist are scientists, not all scientists not psychologists). I have no idea under what logical Hamilton was evaluating Webber because I don't think we even know what kind of a doctor Hamilton is.

It seems like the whole thing was just set up so that they could give speeches about what a wonderful doctor and inspiration Webber is.

I think Madmax was asking why Schmidt needed to talk to them, not Richard. I’ve been wondering that, too.

Richard’s rationale for picking Hamilton was that they dislike each other and thus Hamilton wouldn’t be biased in his favor. But if Hamilton has any other special qualifications for administering the test, the show sure didn’t tell us!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm sure Jo is not the first doctor they've met who decided their initial practice area turned out not to be the right fit.

If only some others would realize that surgery isn't the right fit. Hello Glasses, that should have been his storyline years ago.

Is this show renewed past this season?

Yes, it's renewed for next season.

Richard’s rationale for picking Hamilton was that they dislike each other and thus Hamilton wouldn’t be biased in his favor. But if Hamilton has any other special qualifications for administering the test, the show sure didn’t tell us!

I totally missed that Richard picked him. That's absurd. No hospital would let the potentially impaired doctor select who evaluates them but they had to drag the MN doctors to Seattle in some way. The show having 2 locations and trying to force in doctors like this has dragged down the season so much IMO.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, windsprints said:

I totally missed that Richard picked him. That's absurd. No hospital would let the potentially impaired doctor select who evaluates them but they had to drag the MN doctors to Seattle in some way. The show having 2 locations and trying to force in doctors like this has dragged down the season so much IMO.

The hospital wasn't even requiring it; he wanted the assessment himself. Bailey thought he was being ridiculous. He should have gone to them. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

The hospital wasn't even requiring it; he wanted the assessment himself. Bailey thought he was being ridiculous. He should have gone to them. 

The reason he wanted it wasn’t just Schmitt and the Webber Method.   There was that case where he kept telling Holm to cut but he missed something and if Bailey hadn’t stopped her, the patient would have bled out.  That’s when he insisted on the evaluation.  

• Love 6

He's no longer living with Jo. She kicked him out when she realized she loved him but couldn't keep sleeping with him.  Or something like that that ruined a great platonic friendship.

Gotcha. I've been forgetting to watch more & more often. 

I like Amelia & the only good part of PP that I could stand other than Taye (forget his character's name) & Addison. Everyone else was horrible, especially Audra's character! 

George was under the Bailey method and that's when Seattle Grace was top-ranked!

• Love 2
On 4/8/2022 at 10:38 AM, marceline said:

Those cheap shots Bailey took at Meredith and Nick better not get swept under the rug. She was way out of line.

the line is a dot to Bailey. That entire rant was completely low blow after low blow, for what? Like. it's natural for people to move on. She and Webber with "We raised you." yeah. you raised them. and then they go off and develop their own sense of self not stay home forever

On 4/8/2022 at 1:10 PM, windsprints said:

This was completely ridiculous. We know residency programs are ranked/rated since we saw them all freaking out when the dropped to 12 many years ago. Now 1 person making social media comments (likely from the same device) has people showing up and lurking around the hospital listening. 

I think what happened was Mama Levi wrote the accreditation board about what happened and then did all #GSM Sucks stuff. 

Like i said: Bailey is very much like Derek. They wanted the power, they wanted the title, and then they got it and then it was obvious that they suck at being the Chief. Derek gave the position up (I kinda wanna say he was planning it before he got shot, but even after - he knew it wasn't for him). It's so freaking obvious this is not something Bailey can do properly. (which isn't an insult. sometimes we're not just meant to be in charge. even if it was our dream. step down and have someone who is capable of being chief, be chief. Let it be Owen. (hell let it be someone who isn't so entangled with these people)

I'll also say this. if Bailey said that to me - friendship over. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

the line is a dot to Bailey. That entire rant was completely low blow after low blow, for what? Like. it's natural for people to move on. She and Webber with "We raised you." yeah. you raised them. and then they go off and develop their own sense of self not stay home forever

The “we raised you” attitude is ridiculous and it has been there since the original interns were choosing their fellowships - Arizona being mad at Alex for daring to leave is what cost her her leg, and invalidated the insurance therefore bankrupting the hospital.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

I think Madmax was asking why Schmidt needed to talk to them, not Richard. I’ve been wondering that, too.

Got it! Thanks.

My guess is so that Schmidt could deliver a speech about how great Richard is as a mentor even though it's completely irrelevant to the assessment. Grey's takes "tell not show" to new levels  -- anytime something is in question whether it's Richard's competence  or Meredith in a courtroom, a stirring speech is all that is needed to put things right.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I think what happened was Mama Levi wrote the accreditation board about what happened and then did all #GSM Sucks stuff. 

See, she could have done the letter to the accreditation board, the BIG problem is, while it is suppose to stay "anynamous" just one out of nowhere write up, even if well detailed would cause a red flag. Would there be an inquiry? Oh for sure, but when you see social media on one person and sadly, this is the show taking current status of misinformation and how someone can start some trend, no matter how far fetch it is and people believe them. It paints Levi's mother as a moron and takes helicopter parent to another level. Him even explaining how making mistakes and experimenting is what medican is all about. She goes on her high horse on things comes across as: "not my poor little baby!" Then how they were interviewing just the doctors and in front of patients, the Pacific North Medical Ethics would have been on their asses. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Got it! Thanks.

My guess is so that Schmidt could deliver a speech about how great Richard is as a mentor even though it's completely irrelevant to the assessment. Grey's takes "tell not show" to new levels  -- anytime something is in question whether it's Richard's competence  or Meredith in a courtroom, a stirring speech is all that is needed to put things right.

That’s the writers’ plot contrivance, yes, but what I’m wondering is if this were happening IRL, what reason would the examiners have to talk to one of the residents?

• Love 3