Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 2/21/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 21 – Ariana DeBose (Best Supporting Actress Oscar® nominee, “West Side Story”); J.B. Smoove (“Real Husbands of Hollywood”)

Tuesday, Feb. 22 – Joseph Gordon-Levitt (“Super Pumped”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Wednesday, Feb. 23 – Katy Perry, Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie (ABC’s “American Idol”)

Thursday, Feb. 24 – Marlee Matlin (Best Picture Oscar nominee, “CODA”)

Friday, Feb. 25 – Meredith Vieira guest co-hosts; ABC News anchor Amy Robach (“GMA3: What You Need to Know,” “20/20”)

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, cinsays said:

not since Katy Perry joined the panel.

That is my genuine problem with these shows.  They become more about the celebrities than the contestants. Especially the ones like her who dial up the 'crazy antics' to a 10+.  Who is charmed by it? 

5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s still on? 😂🤣

That's my reaction to it, too.  I honestly don't know anybody who watches it and never see or hear anybody talk about it online or in real life but somebody somewhere must still be tuning in. 

• Love 6

The Idol interview will be fluff for sure, but at least I don't dislike them like a lot of their guests. YMMV

12 hours ago, cinsays said:

not since Katy Perry joined the panel.

I actually feel the opposite, that the show is better since she joined. The only seasons I hated were the ones with JLO and Harry Connick, Jr. there.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
Maybe went off-topic a little there, lol.
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Cementhead said:

That is my genuine problem with these shows.  They become more about the celebrities than the contestants. Especially the ones like her who dial up the 'crazy antics' to a 10+.  Who is charmed by it? 

I lost interest in these kinds of shows when they became more about the judges’ banter than the talent. What do these celebs know about finding raw talent?  I liked AI when the judges were producers; people who, you know, do this for a living. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Serious question and no judgement but does anyone here still watch American idol? 

I still watch it, more out of habit than anything else.  I agree it's more about the judges than the contestants.  Big time.  And, there's no serious critiquing anymore--the judges only give the contestants praise--mustn't hurt their widdle feelings.  The current singers would have never survived Simon's vicious critiques.  Plus, the contestants are now already all polished and have tons of experience.  Some have even had record deals.  Of course, that's not mentioned on the show.   It's not like the old days when the show would take a young inexperienced talent and polish them up into a superstar.  They have a new producer this year, I think, so maybe there'll be some improvements.

I'm so looking forward to Meredith on Friday.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I still watch it, more out of habit than anything else.  I agree it's more about the judges than the contestants.  Big time.  And, there's no serious critiquing anymore--the judges only give the contestants praise--mustn't hurt their widdle feelings.  The current singers would have never survived Simon's vicious critiques.  Plus, the contestants are now already all polished and have tons of experience.  Some have even had record deals.  Of course, that's not mentioned on the show.   It's not like the old days when the show would take a young inexperienced talent and polish them up into a superstar.  They have a new producer this year, I think, so maybe there'll be some improvements.

Totally agree with everything you said. AI does not resemble the show it was with SC, PA & RJ. At least with the Voice you knew going in it was all about the judges.

• Love 2

Amy Robach needs to be told she is not on the news where you speak after each person speaks; you try to let the other hosts speak before you get your turn again, especially when Whoopi is "moderating".  When they all speak at the same time, the cacophony hurts my ears and I have to FF until I see only one set of lips moving or turn off The View. MeAgain should have been given the same advice. They both seemed to think it was their job to rebut every single comment by every other host and guest. Blech!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Is she the one who is married to Andrew Shue?  Wasn't she just on the View not too long ago?

Yes, that was for a book they wrote together and this I think is for another world adventure to the Galapagos 

Interesting that it seemed most of the hosts didn't know that there used to be two different holidays for Lincoln and Washington. Probably because they are younger. The two holidays were merged and then renamed Presidents Day. I think it was originally meant to still refer to Lincoln and Washington, but now it seems to be referring to any or all presidents, which gives it roughly the same weight as Administrative Assistant's Day, in my opinion.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

I didn't see the "recorded earlier" on the side of the screen, so I assume it was live.

I did see the recorded earlier icon in the corner, so thats why they did not discuss any 'current" events

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/18/2022 at 3:35 PM, falltime said:

ABC News anchor Amy Robach (“GMA3: What You Need to Know,” “20/20”)

She is so annoying. I've always thought she is chasing Robin Roberts' job in the worst way.

There is nothing that she is doing that I "need to know".

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but, I didn’t need to see all those feet.  And, apparently, neither did Ana.

This.  I love Joy, I like Sara, and I can tolerate Sunny, but if I was sitting at that table, I would have backed up Ana's efforts to complain.  It has to be disgusting to have your coffee (or tea or whatever beverage is in their cups) sitting in front of you and the three women next to you put their bare feet on the table.  Yuck!

• Love 4

The listings don't show a song from "Moulin Rouge" today, so that must have been a pretty last-minute addition.  Happen to be a huge Aaron Trveit admirer, and it was great to see him singing this.  Just wish I'd known ahead.  

Yes, the feet thing was unnecessary and kinda gross.   But seeing both Ariana deBose and Aaron Tveit (also from 'Schmigadoon') made my day anyhow. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Can somebody please explain  to me why the ladies were showing their feet on camera? I expected Sunny Whoopie and Ana to do the same.

It started out as a discussion as to whether guests should remove their shoes when entering a friend's home(I say Yes, dont track dirt into the house), but anyway, the discussion somehow changed to how attractive people's feet are & Joy bragged that she had an excellent rating for her feet on some website that rates celebrities feet, so then Sarah & then Sunny had to show off their feet, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I found the discussion on Presidents' Day kind of funny.  Here in California we have always gotten Feb. 12 for Abraham Lincoln and Feb. 22 for George Wahington and still do.   Now it is the Monday closest to original birthday, so we get two four-day work weeks YAY!!  I should clarify to say that this is for all public schools in the state (I don't know about other places/situations/state/city jobs).  Maybe other states don't do this?

I haven't commented in a long time but although I sometimes find Whoopi (and sometimes Sunny) annoying it has never come close to the anger/frustration/confusion I felt by a former co-host who has since left. 

I can hardly wait to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt tomorrow!  He seems like such a nice person (plus my youngest nephew kind of looks like him 😊)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

I didn't see the "recorded earlier" on the side of the screen, so I assume it was live.

It was pre-recorded. The chryon was on the bottom left hand corner. Plus the announcer didn’t say the show was live like she always does

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

on the podcast earlier in the season Joy asked her and Meredith said no one ever asked her

Wow, that's shocking. I don't believe she would return because of how the media treats The View these days, but I can't believe they've never even asked her. Then again, I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to since Whoopi's never shown any interest in leaving this show. I believe the only reason Meredith left was because of some sexist / ageist remarks behind-the-scenes towards her when it came time to sign again, basically that she was old and had nowhere else to go anyway...

Today was boring, but I knew it would be because of the holiday. Ana made me laugh when she asked for everybody to stop putting their feet on the table already.

6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Can somebody please explain  to me why the ladies were showing their feet on camera? I expected Sunny Whoopie and Ana to do the same.

Sunny did show her feet. I really did think when in the last minute of the show that Whoopi was about to surprise slap down her own foot on the table, but I was wrong. I guess maybe she might've fell over trying though.

• Love 3

Oh gawd, Whoopi pulled that “any actor should be able to play anything they want” crap after they played that great SNL spoof of The Sound of Music and Ana joked that she wants an Afro-Latin version of The Sound of Music NOW. I don’t want to open up a can of beans discussion re: colorblind casting but Whoopi really needs to get a reality check on this topic. No, not every actor should be able to play ANYTHING he or she wants to play. She must still be pissed she was never considered to play the title role in the film of The Princess Bride. And no, I’m not kidding.

Edited by TimWil
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I really liked the show today. Further proof there is no need for a fifth host.

I laughed my ASS off when Whoopie turned away and rolled her eyes, as Sunny was pontificating how that woman who wrote to Reddit should be "pure" or show "purity" in her love for the man she's marrying. Because I was doing the same thing. This isn't the 1950s or even the 1960s where a woman has to be "pure" and have no past.

• Love 12

Sunny is off with her holier than tho shit within the first 5 minutes. She has to be the most self righteous person on tv & is certainly the most annoying. You just know her husband is dipping it in someone else because nobody could live with that shit day in & day out without some relief.

Joy can fuck off with the "they had 1 job to do, protect the queen" shit as well. She's the queen & nobody is going to tell her she can't see her kids because one of them "might" have Covid at some stage. Grow up Joy.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

It started out as a discussion as to whether guests should remove their shoes when entering a friend's home(I say Yes, dont track dirt into the house), but anyway, the discussion somehow changed to how attractive people's feet are & Joy bragged that she had an excellent rating for her feet on some website that rates celebrities feet, so then Sarah & then Sunny had to show off their feet, lol.

Wikifeet.  Not sure if it's legit though

1 minute ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Sunny is off with her holier than tho shit within the first 5 minutes. She has to be the most self righteous person on tv & is certainly the most annoying.

There's a reason SNL didn't include Sunny in the parody.  Sunny's already a parody of herself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4