Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Striking a Balance

• Start Topic

To Do List:

Lindsey, call your Dad. He wants to repeat his advice, but louder, and add FOR G-D’S SAKE!

Chris, your buddy Mark is in sales, can you mentor his move from memberships to home ownership? We’d watch and that’s saying something about you two.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, spunky said:

Poor Mark! No one deserves that type of disrespect.  

True, but what does he turn around and do but the exact thing he is upset with Lindsey for doing!  He made an embarrassing scene in front of the entire group that was very disrespectful of her.  If he wants her not to say such things he needs to be consistent and not air their dirty laundry in front of everyone.  This "tit for tat" stuff is very immature and it only made things worse by getting Lindsey very upset with him in return.  I'd have more respect for Mark if he held his head up and talked to her about his dissatisfaction in private.  But unfortunately he's not mature enough for that.  She should be more mature too but if he expects her to be more mature he needs to be that way himself or he's no better than she is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, candall said:

You have a low bar for nasty, though.  I don't like people double-dipping and getting their spit in the big party bowl of guacamole, but if I'm at the house of a good friend, I'm pretty relaxed about the prep conditions.  Lindsey probably showered and shampooed within 90 minutes of that pizza rollout.  She cootie-free.

I love to cook.  I wash my hands every time before I touch food while I'm cooking, especially if people other than me or my husband are going to eat it.  But even so I probably wouldn't be that concerned about that dough Lindsey mauled because the temperature in the oven would probably be hot enough to kill most if not all the germs that came off her hands.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah I thought that too.  If he has a plan why isn't he talking about it?  I don't think he wants to share it, he just wants to do what he wants without it being a joint plan.  The fact that he's reacting defensively and not reassuring her is not a good sign either.  He keeps talking about how it "works for him", but it's not just him anymore and he doesn't seem to be getting that.  He's acting like Noi needs to accept this about him or maybe she's not for him.  I'd like to see ANY woman that would be all down with the way he's acting.  It's not even about him doing contract work, it's his attitude about it especially now that he's married.  He wants kids and yet doesn't see how his attitude doesn't work when you have a family to support.  She should pull the same crap on him and tell him she thinks maybe she needs to take some time off from work to find herself before having a family.  Let him see what it's like to have someone live off of him for a while.  I don't get the feeling he would like that.  Bad signs.....

Editing.  Steve may be discussing this with her all the time.  Production wouldn’t show that.  This is a story line. If it was clear to the casual viewer how much Steve earns there would be no storyline for him at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
59 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Wow. I knew there were regional differences with things like pizza, but who would have guessed that Boston bowling consisted of skinny pins and miniature balls?! The shoes seem to be universal.

Oh it has regular bowling too.  Candlepin is something found in New England states from MA upwards.  Here in CT we have something called "duckpin" bowling.  Don't ask..... 🦆 🎳

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

True, but what does he turn around and do but the exact thing he is upset with Lindsey for doing!  He made an embarrassing scene in front of the entire group that was very disrespectful of her.  If he wants her not to say such things he needs to be consistent and not air their dirty laundry in front of everyone.  This "tit for tat" stuff is very immature and it only made things worse by getting Lindsey very upset with him in return.  I'd have more respect for Mark if he held his head up and talked to her about his dissatisfaction in private.  But unfortunately he's not mature enough for that.  She should be more mature too but if he expects her to be more mature he needs to be that way himself or he's no better than she is.

He didn't actually do any of that. They weren't next to the group when they had their discussion. The most he did was tell Lyndsey to drop the argument with Katina but he did it by whispering to her while with the group.  He was trying to stop a scene the whole time. Not causing one.

Lyndsey can be annoying as fuck but Katina needs to get over this shit. She doesn't have to be friends with her but outward disgust at everything Lyndsey says is just super immature.

Alyssa is so fucking lame. It's like Katina is Regina George from mean girls and she's trying desperately to be a part of the group. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Editing.  Steve may be discussing this with her all the time.  Production wouldn’t show that.  This is a story line. If it was clear to the casual viewer how much Steve earns there would be no storyline for him at all.

It's not about what he earns, but about his attitude toward finances.  Just based on what he has said I'm not finding his attitude very consistent with working as a team with Noi about financial planning.  He consistently sounds like someone that doesn't want to have to work with someone else on finances and just wants to be left alone to do his own thing.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

He didn't actually do any of that. They weren't next to the group when they had their discussion. The most he did was tell Lyndsey to drop the argument with Katina but he did it by whispering to her. He was trying to stop a scene the whole time. Not causing one.

Lyndsey can be annoying as fuck but Katina needs to get over this shit. She doesn't have to be friends with her but outward disgust at everything Lyndsey says is just super immature.

I don't know, I saw Mark and Lindsey have their spat right on the benches where everyone else was sitting with their jaws on the floor and horrified expressions watching the show.  They were close enough for the rest of them to see and hear everything, at least that's what I saw.  I agree with you about Katina, she is super immature and needs to stop with the smirks.

• Love 5

Just watching now and haven't read any comments yet, but I have to say that the editors throwing Alyssa under the bus is EPIC! I am lmbo with the footage contradicting everything Alyssa is saying to her friend.

Now, I'm watching Jasmina and her friend and her friend is awesome! Basically, telling Jas that she never admits she's wrong. Too funny! Jasmina is such a sourpuss.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, candall said:

Small point, but it's High Maintenance Noi who requires gluten-free noodles.  Steve's a regular noodle dude.

Of course.

If one is celiac and cannot eat gluten, it's not being high maintenance, it's a requirement to be healthy. If a celiac consumes gluten, it sets back all the healing of their small intestine. I was recently diagnosed as having celiac disease. Believe me, I wish I could eat gluten, but I can't. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m still chuckling about Alyssa going to her psychic to help her figure out what’s next. Hon, get your money back from that fraud. Look at your life!!

Hmmm. . .   I wonder if Alyssa's psychic told her that there was a cowboy in her future or even specifically that she would be matched with one on MAFS.  Maybe the first minute she saw Chris and saw that he wasn't cowboy material, she knew it was over right away. But she still talked sh*t about Chris while refusing to talk to him and kept up the pretense that she was working on the marriage while constantly assuring everyone who would listen that she's a f-ing good person. 

Who knows how her crazy mind works.  But poor Chris, for getting the short end of the stick.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, FrankieTankie said:

Mark is a bug eyed pussy… dude is a bitch… Lindsey is a lot to handle but his bitch ass is scared of everything …he’s one ugly ma fucka too … go back to mommy marky…. You can tell he’s fake as fuck when the camera is off

OMG I called him a pussy while watching him.....And I liked him originally.  Do you think Olaj would ever act that way to Katina?  He supports her smirks and fights on the bus and all.  Lindsey has a lot of problems but Mark's not winning any points with me by not being supportive of her.  And I say that even though Lindsey is once again making a scene while drinking.  She is a LOT to handle but he's not up to handling it.  Another bad match.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

So what’s the group thought on Mark and Lindsey divorcing by week 4?  They know they won’t be the first to bow out early 

He said tonight that if she said she's out he'd take it.  But previews show him yucking it up with her next week - at least until the next blowout!  I think he'll continue to be relatively easygoing while hating her by the end; she, on the other hand, will continue to blow up with unforgivable loudmouthed insults and then be shocked! when he wants a divorce.  I know the "this is how I am - take me or leave me" personality is big on reality tv - but in real life - people leave!

36 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know, I saw Mark and Lindsey have their spat right on the benches where everyone else was sitting with their jaws on the floor and horrified expressions watching the show.  They were close enough for the rest of them to see and hear everything, at least that's what I saw.  I agree with you about Katina, she is super immature and needs to stop with the smirks.

That's what I saw on the previews, which is why I noticed tonight that they were separate when he said it and they had the whole fight.  Obviously the others noticed they left when Chris followed him out; I wonder if they could all hear her rant from the bathroom 😄

I always tape shows and watch them late to FF through the commercials, but I almost never FF through show bits - but tonight I did - I don't know what Steve's money-making deal is, but if that was going to be their only conflict all season I'd get through this a lot quicker - I FFd when she started in with his friends.  Luckily Noodlegate spiced up their "storyline"!  😄. Noi does seem very immature - from telling him she was falling in love on day 3 to that stupid facebook post - just not how to act.

Chris and Alyssa showing up for filming - that's why there's no penalty to pay!  I too was wishing I could see her friend watching her on tv!

The thing about Katina and Olajuwon is that they both are wanting to please, and to be pleased by, their partner.  That's why I like them.

Michael and Jasm . . 😴

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

They weren't. You can clearly see them separated from the rest of the group while everyone else is bowling and having a good time.

Lyndsey escalated the discussion into yelling as a part of her keeping it real act.

Mark isn't a bitch or whatever. He doesn't like yelling matches. He doesn't like to make a scene. He's not being phony. He's just being a mature human being. I would say otherwise if a situation came about where he needed to step up and didn't. That hasn't happened yet. 

Nothing about anything Lyndsey has said paints him as a phony or trying to be a certain way on camera. He just doesn't express himself that way. It's easier for a woman to carry on like that. If he came at her like that people might label him as an abuser or disrespectful to women. People shit on Lyndsey but not in that way.

Also, her below the belt talk needs to talk. You have a fucking mic on. She would have one time to embarrass me on television and then try to smile in my face like everything is cool the next day. I don't play that shit.

Like Mark or not, he tries very hard to not hit below the belt, name call or demean her on camera. The most we got was the get another drink low blow but that after a barrage of comments throwing issues He's having in his face.

The others would have had to be deaf and blind not to see that something was happening between them.  Then Lindsey goes off into the bathroom with the producer.  I doubt she came back to be with him or the others after that.  It was obvious they were having a tiff and it felt embarrassing.  He didn't have to do that then, plus rip her a new one over something relatively small in the scheme of things.  HE was the one that should know when to "pick his battles".  Her making that comment to Katina - OK he said something when it happened which would have been enough for then, but he chose to escalate it into a federal case later on camera in a way that felt demeaning and embarrassing.  He should have waited until they were home before bringing it up like that.  He doesn't show good judgment either in handling these situations in my opinion.  

30 minutes ago, princelina said:

That's what I saw on the previews, which is why I noticed tonight that they were separate when he said it and they had the whole fight.  Obviously the others noticed they left when Chris followed him out; I wonder if they could all hear her rant from the bathroom 😄

Thanks, that's what I saw too, yes on the previews.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

The others would have had to be deaf and blind not to see that something was happening between them.  Then Lindsey goes off into the bathroom with the producer.  I doubt she came back to be with him or the others after that.  It was obvious they were having a tiff and it felt embarrassing.  He didn't have to do that then, plus rip her a new one over something relatively small in the scheme of things.  HE was the one that should know when to "pick his battles".  Her making that comment to Katina - OK he said something when it happened which would have been enough for then, but he chose to escalate it into a federal case later on camera in a way that felt demeaning and embarrassing.  He should have waited until they were home before bringing it up like that.  He doesn't show good judgment either in handling these situations in my opinion.  

Thanks, that's what I saw too, yes on the previews.

Miss I don't like to wait, I like to hash things out then and there is who he's talking to. Shouldn't she be doing the same while admitting she doesn't do that? You think Lyndsey of all people was going to let that shit ride? 

Come on. Mark was not in the wrong here. He didn't jab back at Katina because it wasn't that serious. He also knows that Lyndsey likes to escalate. He was just trying to not make things go further. There was no no need for it. 

There was no need to for Katina's snotty attitude either. But, it wasn't at a point where a full on argument needed to break out.

On top of that, he already saw how heated things can get between these two. Nothing would have been gained from starting that argument.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, candall said:

You have a low bar for nasty, though.  I don't like people double-dipping and getting their spit in the big party bowl of guacamole, but if I'm at the house of a good friend, I'm pretty relaxed about the prep conditions.  Lindsey probably showered and shampooed within 90 minutes of that pizza rollout.  She cootie-free.

None of that makes me feel better. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

The thing with Steve and his work is that people, including Noi, need to realize it's 2022.

A lot of people are not down for 9 to 5 grind anymore. The working 50 to 60 hours a week. Especially when covid hit. A lot of people started to take a look at what was important to them. How they want to live their lives. 

If he can freelance (which is what he has been doing. He has said this before. He's not sitting on the couch all day) get a good structure, he will be fine.

Chris talked about it on the afterparty. He was talking about how people truly don't understand how much money people in his field make. 

I've maintained from the beginning. Him not having a 9 to 5 job is not the problem. It's how motivated he is to make his new strategy work. He can freelance and do his thing but he also needs to do more than say he's got this. Show her your plans. Explain his process. 

• Love 22

I don't particularly care for Lindsey. She is blunt and crass; has no filter and can't read a room. However, I find Katina to be equally problematic. She is rude af. She started that fight. Every time Lindsey said something, she rolled her eyes. Everyone is not going to like you, that is to be expected. However, she has had it out for Lindsey since that incident on the plane. The fact that she is besties with Alyssa has me side eying her ass. While Ola will stand up for his "wifey", Mark appears to be afraid to do the same. 

I have a feeling that the fight Noi and Steve had about the noodles, had absolutely nothing to do with the noodles.

I miss the days when the couples didn't know each other and had to figure their ish out on their own. There are way too many couples' activities.

Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Chris and Alyssa. Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Love 17

Yay for Jasmina and Michael getting along, they're still dull as dirt.

Katina and Olajuwon are making progress but I don't find them that interesting either.

Noi is getting on my last nerve. Good grief, she is immature. Is she going to run away every time they have a slight disagreement?

Mark and Lindsey are chaotic. I think Lindsey missed the part where Pastor Cal said to give herself out in doses. Maybe Mark can move in with Chris.

Alyssa can take a long walk off a short pier (in Texas if she prefers). She is delusional, and those crocodile tears are ridiculous.

Why can none of these couples get along for more than a day at a time? I know they're still getting to know each other, but all these fights are too much. I'm not rooting for anyone at this point. I feel like I'm torturing myself sitting through these episodes.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, cardigirl said:

If one is celiac and cannot eat gluten, it's not being high maintenance, it's a requirement to be healthy. If a celiac consumes gluten, it sets back all the healing of their small intestine. I was recently diagnosed as having celiac disease. Believe me, I wish I could eat gluten, but I can't. 

I apologize.  I didn't mean to minimize the condition; I know that it's super hard to live a regular life and stay away from gluten.  Gluten-free noodles or not, I think Noi is high maintenance--but I shouldn't have connected the two.

• Love 8

I’m feeling a little sorry for Lindsey.  I wonder if she has mood swings?  Bipolar?  
Noi is beginning to annoy me.  She’s so immature. She’s lucky to have Steve who is revealing more maturity each week.  

Katina and Olajawon’s friend make a nice looking couple. Shut my mouth!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It's not about what he earns, but about his attitude toward finances.  Just based on what he has said I'm not finding his attitude very consistent with working as a team with Noi about financial planning.  He consistently sounds like someone that doesn't want to have to work with someone else on finances and just wants to be left alone to do his own thing.

For fun, let’s look at it another way. What if Steve is very rich? As in he may never need to work another day in his life if he chooses not to. I’ve heard lots of men with money say they want a woman to love them for who he is, not for what he has. He may have very deep pockets, but chooses to live in a non-monetary way to avoid gold diggers and ladies who are free spenders and in it just for the security. Once he is assured that she is there for the right reasons, then he may disclose the truth about his financial situation. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Does anyone else think the Steve/Noi overcooked noodles and the Lindsay "bathroom" tirade (with only the words on the screen) were producer driven?

The producers always up the drama!!

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, candall said:

I apologize.  I didn't mean to minimize the condition; I know that it's super hard to live a regular life and stay away from gluten.  Gluten-free noodles or not, I think Noi is high maintenance--but I shouldn't have connected the two.

Yes, I agree she overreacted and didn't handle being angry appropriately. Thanks for the apology. It's amazing to me though, how many people roll their eyes at me when they find out I'm gluten-free.  😜  There's so much misinformation out there about what it is and why people do it. Like, I'm not gluten-free because I want to be. Ha!  (Although I know some people try to eat less gluten even if they're not celiac.) Gluten isn't unhealthy, it's just unhealthy for people like me.

Well, I have been defending Lindsey through most of the show, but I didn't care for her conversation with the producer while she was in the bathroom. There are better ways to communicate anger than to throw out insults. 

But I don't like that Mark is such a wuss. And even on the after-show, the group was saying they think Mark is afraid of her (her reactions to him asking for some restraint in her behavior) that he doesn't even try. 

Katina might be a real sweetheart, but she does like to poke the bear. And I don't find that an attractive quality in anyone. She likes to fight just as much as Lindsey does, I think. Two alpha females. 

And PLEASE GET ALYSSA OFF MY SCREEN. TYVM. 

• Love 9

South Boston is the perfect place for Lindsey.  There are bars within walking distance of anywhere you live.  Sadly, Southie is not the working-class neighborhood you see in the movies any longer.  It's been gentrified and is full of students and young professionals.  I'm sure Lindsey is known in some of these bars.  I'm going to show her pic around to see if any of my daughter's friends recognize her.  I'll keep you posted.  Candlepin bowling is the bowling we all grew up with in Boston.  It's more difficult than the larger balls but is easier for kids.  Most bowling alleys have large and candlepin alleys.  It's a regional thing and I didn't realize it was exclusive to us until I had friends from out of state point it out!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

At this point they need to go their separate ways. He doesn't like confrontation and is constantly embarrassed by her behavior, and she has no filter and doesn't know when to stop. I cringed when she started shouting about the size of his genitalia and how much money he makes.  They're a total train wreck.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

South Boston is the perfect place for Lindsey.  There are bars within walking distance of anywhere you live.  Sadly, Southie is not the working-class neighborhood you see in the movies any longer.  It's been gentrified and is full of students and young professionals.  I'm sure Lindsey is known in some of these bars.  I'm going to show her pic around to see if any of my daughter's friends recognize her.  I'll keep you posted.  Candlepin bowling is the bowling we all grew up with in Boston.  It's more difficult than the larger balls but is easier for kids.  Most bowling alleys have large and candlepin alleys.  It's a regional thing and I didn't realize it was exclusive to us until I had friends from out of state point it out!

Ha ha, I was saying last episode that Mark the Shark seemed more like Southie than the South End, which is where I think Lindsey's apartment is. Do keep us posted on your research. 

I moved to Boston in 1995 and had no idea what candlepin bowling was until my kids went on school trips to go bowling. It is very regional. 

• Love 4

I had no problem with Mark talking to Lindsay about his concerns at the bowling alley.  They were in a bar- cafe area.  Yes, you could see the guys at the lanes through the doorway, but the guys weren’t close enough to have heard a civil conversation.  Bowling alleys are noisy.  She has no restraint about starting arguments with anyone and everyone if they don’t act as if her pronouncements are golden. She certainly doesn’t care about the time and place of her  arguments. This is not the first second or even third incidence with her towards the other couples In two weeks.  Couples she still doesn’t know very well and who are not people who want to tolerate her behavior.  The group outing was going to continue for a while and she needed to stop drinking and get control of herself.  It was already too late based on her subsequent behavior in the bathroom.  Chris and Mark could hear her on the stairs over their own calm conversation. 

• Love 17

Noodlegate .. what the hell?  Noi got mad and walked out because Steve expected her to cook his noodles too?  Haha .. this marriage is going nowhere.  It’s not the noodles.  He doesn’t have a job, and that’s what is bothering her.

Jasmina, with only three girlfriends.  Who are they to criticize anything pertaining to Oljawan or whatever.  I don’t get this whole idea of friends coming over and criticizing their marriages.

Why is Alyssa still there and why is she fake crying to everyone?  Why are they keeping her on the show?

Jasminas chips and dips wasn’t enough for her three friends, but Katina knows how to food entertain.  Where’s there’s booze, there’s good food.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Does anyone else think the Steve/Noi overcooked noodles and the Lindsay "bathroom" tirade (with only the words on the screen) were producer driven?

The producers always up the drama!!

I don't but I'm sure someone else does. I think things being "producer driven" is being useful far too often these days.

Noi did everything she did regarding the noodles on her own and Steve is still confused by it all. She's just that immature. It happens.

The Lyndsey incident is producer driven in that the producers knew that going to "console" her drunk ass was going to give them audio gold.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

Yes, I agree she overreacted and didn't handle being angry appropriately. Thanks for the apology. It's amazing to me though, how many people roll their eyes at me when they find out I'm gluten-free.  😜  There's so much misinformation out there about what it is and why people do it. Like, I'm not gluten-free because I want to be. Ha!  (Although I know some people try to eat less gluten even if they're not celiac.) Gluten isn't unhealthy, it's just unhealthy for people like me.

Well, I have been defending Lindsey through most of the show, but I didn't care for her conversation with the producer while she was in the bathroom. There are better ways to communicate anger than to throw out insults. 

But I don't like that Mark is such a wuss. And even on the after-show, the group was saying they think Mark is afraid of her (her reactions to him asking for some restraint in her behavior) that he doesn't even try. 

Katina might be a real sweetheart, but she does like to poke the bear. And I don't find that an attractive quality in anyone. She likes to fight just as much as Lindsey does, I think. Two alpha females. 

And PLEASE GET ALYSSA OFF MY SCREEN. TYVM. 

Mark is not wimp. He just doesn't like handling conversations or disagreements the way Lyndsey does. I'm tired of defending Mark at this point but I feel like a lot of this is gendered. When they say he might be afraid her, they are talking about the verbal abuse and insults he gets. Something he does not want to and shouldn't have to deal with. He likes her but the popping off and being cool the next day is scary in its own right. 

I think people kind of roll their eyes at the gluten free thing is because it feels like this relatively new issue that gets thrown out in a sea of new conditions, allergies, food restrictions. Because of that, it's not taken as seriously. Now, there are like a dozen dietary and/or allergy restrictions to worry about when your cooking and it didn't use to be like that years ago.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Before we start, I’d like to remind you all that I’m a good fucking person.

And that you tried your very hardest!

My thoughts on last night. . .

I was surprised to see Chris and Alyssa (dab dab I'm a good person; dab dab I tried my best), but it made sense. I would not mind checking on Chris from time to time and it seems that he does have true relationships with many of the gang. But, if that means we have to watch "the dabber" cry and lie again, no thanks. I really like Chris and am impressed with his handling of the mess he was given. It does help that production gives him the good guy edits.

Other than Chris, I pretty much find NOTHING to like about any of the others still there. Both Jasmina and Katina are cold and stubborn and inflexible. It doesn't help that their husbands are horrible. Noi is an immature baby with a terrible voice and one of those brilliant conversationalists who just says, "yeah." Steve is trying to bring his single life into his marriage and she wants him to change. It's not going to happen. I understand where she is reacting from, but why would they select someone who was raised in a refugee camp and expect her childhood NOT to affect her adulthood? I am still over her, and I don't think they will make it. Even if they say yes at D-Day, I am guessing they will be done by the reunion.

I did appreciate Lindsey's Mama Bear approach last week, but he doesn't want that and then, as they said at the wedding, she fights dirty. NOTHING that happens between them will ever be private and Mark doesn't (who would) want that. Clearly they run hot and cold, as seen in the previews for next week, where they are holding hands and skipping down the meadow. He is totally embarrassed by her, and no one would want that in a relationship. I vote NO for them. 

I agree that there are too many group activities and too many friends and families. Although, last night the friends seemed to be more realistic. I liked that Katina's friend told her the truth about O and challenged that she was OK with all his crudeness. That dance at the wedding was disgusting - it would be even if they knew each other, but for that to be his introduction to her family and life was beyond vulgar and classless.

Edited by Retired at last
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I haven’t read all the comments yet.  Steve & Noi ..  Is Steve going to get a job and support the family or what?  What’s the delay, and why is he not answering?

He freelances and has savings. He makes money. He has no interest in getting back into daily 9 to 5 grind. He wants to make money on his own terms. Something that bothers Noi because she's rigid about structure. It's a non issue. At least, if he has an actual plan for instead of just shrugging and saying we will see what happens.

• Love 13

From what I saw of Noodlegate:  Had nothing to do with GF and non-GF.  Noi offered to make dinner for both of them.  Steve walks into kitchen and one pot has Noi’s noodles in them and the other pot is boiling and empty.  Steve comments on this and puts his noodles in.  Later Steve walks into the kitchen and his noodles are still cooking / overdone.  Believe Noi had removed her noodles, but it wasn’t super clear. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

Ha ha, I was saying last episode that Mark the Shark seemed more like Southie than the South End, which is where I think Lindsey's apartment is. Do keep us posted on your research. 

I moved to Boston in 1995 and had no idea what candlepin bowling was until my kids went on school trips to go bowling. It is very regional. 

Lindsey said she was going back to South Boston. I had also thought she lived in the South End.  Mark's friend had on a Brockton t-shirt so maybe that's where he's from?  

52 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I think people kind of roll their eyes at the gluten free thing is because it feels like this relatively new issue that gets thrown out in a sea of new conditions, allergies, food restrictions. Because of that, it's not taken as seriously. Now, there are like a dozen dietary and/or allergy restrictions to worry about when your cooking and it didn't use to be like that years ago.

It does get tied to certain diet trends, I will give you that. Medicine is also better at diagnosing allergies and sensitivities to food now, which may be why more of it is coming into the mainstream. But it's not a new thing.  

I'm guessing that most people who roll their eyes at someone saying they are gluten-free have never been diagnosed with an allergy or sensitivity, nor have they had their lives made miserable by that allergy or sensitivity. 

Back to the show:  If Noi was cooking gluten-free noodles or pasta of some kind, they take longer to cook than regular pasta and also might be why she overcooked Steve's noodles, thinking they would need the same time. 

Or she just didn't care ... 😜

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I see now Lindsey will bend over backwards to help you.   But the kind of person to throw it up in your face in anger.      Not the kind of person that does things from the kindness of her heart:(.          

• Useful 1
  • Love 16