Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Striking a Balance

• Start Topic

The lives of our couples merge even more as they invite friends and family to housewarming parties.  Later, a surprising rift is caused by boiling noodles, and a trip to a bowling alley ends up in the gutter.

Airs Wednesday February 23 at 8:00PM EST

Well, I liked Chris and would be interested to know what happens to him, but if it means I don't have to watch Alyssa winge about how she's so fucking wonderful, I can live without Chris.  Bye bye, Chris, live a good life.

• Like 1
  • Love 22

I find all the women so much more appealing in their at-home w/ eyeglasses look than when they're all made up properly for their talking heads.

I would have a hard time living with Noi's nasal rusty hinge voice.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Gator Stud said:

I am Ride or Die about Lyndsey.  Why is everybody beating her up so badly.  Doesn’t anybody else have faults? So what if she masturbated?

What?  It's only been on for 11 minutes.  Did I miss that announcement?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

It was on the Afterparty show last week.  Lyndsay counted the self service as The Shark having sex. 

I'm reluctant to pursue this, but it would seem not to involve MTS whatsoever....🤔

6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Isn’t it a bit early in the marriage to be counting? I wonder if they are doing the penny in a jar thing. 

Another post about whose meaning I'm  baffled! "[P]enny in a jar thing"?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

It was on the Afterparty show last week.  Lyndsay counted the self service as The Shark having sex. 

I'm not sure how that works, but that's okay--you don't have to spell it out for me.    🙉

• LOL 1
10 minutes ago, candall said:

Well, I liked Chris and would be interested to know what happens to him, but if it means I don't have to watch Alyssa winge about how she's so fucking wonderful, I can live without Chris.  Bye bye, Chris, live a good life.

Chris will do fine. There was really nothing for him to get over as far as Alyssa is concerned. Yes the disappointment of not finding someone he had a chance to have a successful marriage with will bother him for a while. But he won't suffer a broken heart and I'm sure he's getting dozens of offers...

I wonder if anyone unsuccessful would be willing to try again?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Another post about whose meaning I'm  baffled! "[P]enny in a jar thing"?

In your first year of marriage you put a penny in a jar every time you have sex. The second year you take one out every time. Some people never run out of pennies 😕

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

In your first year of marriage you put a penny in a jar every time you have sex. The second year you take one out every time. Some people never run out of pennies 😕

72, and never heard of this. I have to wonder where this is common!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

72, and never heard of this. I have to wonder where this is common!

I don’t have an answer to that. I was living in Kentucky when someone told me about it (late 70’s). I’ve never done it, but have heard of other people in different regions of the country who have. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I think it’s sweet that Olajuwon is wanting to develop an emotional bond and take things slower than he ever has with women in the past and Pastor Cal essentially telling him to “hit it” failed to respect where he was coming from and just wanted him to man up. Two weeks is nothing, though,  honestly, this season feels like should be at the halfway point already, since so much has happened.  

I’m curious what Steven’s self employment looks like since that’s different than saying he’s unemployed (well, it’s supposed to be different!)

Alyssa’s face makes me stabby.

• Love 16

Sorry.  My married-at-first-sight husband grinding on me at the wedding reception would not be okay.

Call me uptight.

3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t have an answer to that. I was living in Kentucky when someone told me about it (late 70’s). I’ve never done it, but have heard of other people in different regions of the country who have. 

I don't think it's something people actually "do."  It's just a joke about how much sex you have during your first year of marriage and how quickly that tapers off.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, candall said:

Sorry.  My married-at-first-sight husband grinding on me at the wedding reception would not be okay.

Call me uptight.

To me what was a bit OTT was the way he was grabbing his crotch while doing so. I don’t even want to think of why…but I have some guesses. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

To me what was a bit OTT was the way he was grabbing his crotch while doing so. I don’t even want to think of why…but I have some guesses. 

I blame Michael Jackson for all of the crotch grabbing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Ok, I’m starting viewing the recording 30 minutes late but still want to participate so excuse my late commentary.

Maybe pairing a purposefully unemployed person with a recruiter isn’t the best plan. She’s going to be constantly trying to get him into job openings.

Pastor Cal is telling O to tap dat ass?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’d like to introduce Jasmina’s friend to an invention called Invisalign. Those teeth aren’t going to get better with age, dear.

That comes from sucking her thumb as a baby/toddler. 

Just now, Crashcourse said:

I'd rather watch paint dry than sit and listen to Jasmina.

At least her friend was calling her out on her nonsense and being truthful. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The editors clearly hated Alyssa.

Well, but is it possible there's an alternative editorial aspect where she is lovely and kind, committed to working on the marriage and cruelly victimized?

I think the editing crew is just enjoying showing the split screen of Alyssa's lies.  I'm certainly enjoying seeing them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16