Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: David's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Growing up in foster care, David suffered from a lack of attention and didn't develop a sense of self-worth. Now he weighs 800 pounds, and he's relying on his favorite foster mom to support him as he finds the motivation to change and save his own life.

Original air date 2022.02.09

Hi pounders. I'm glad you're here... I realized today, for the last time this season. 🙁 (When I was looking at TV listings over the weekend, I saw it wasn't listed for next week, but tonight's didn't say Finale; now it does. Hope this is a good one to go out on. Though I don't have high hopes, given the rest of the season.) Tonight is night two of the Jeopardy College Championship, but I will just have to watch it tomorrow.

Eating habit was brown rice and peas, with gravy made from chicken stock. (I made it to go with some leftover chicken but I ate that last night and I didn't feel like defrosting more.) I just made a strawberry-chocolate milkshake to eat (it's too thick to call it drinking...) while I snark.

Also recently I learned that the guy who wrote the sad piano music is named Hamburger.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Almost time for fatchat! Tonight's topics will include: "Grapes..Good Bad or Ugly?"  "Does Eat and Cry, Eat and Cry, Eat and Cry Really Work?" and "How To Sing To Your Biscuits in Three Notes or Less"

It's cocktail time!

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Howdy Pounders!  I see they're showing the first Milla episode.  It took a long time but she eventually succeeded. I wonder if that's a harbinger for this episode?

Afraid I'm going to skip out from time to time tonight.  The Olympics men's figure skating comes on half hour from now.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Hi pounders. I'm glad you're here... I realized today, for the last time this season. 🙁 (When I was looking at TV listings over the weekend, I saw it wasn't listed for next week, but tonight's didn't say Finale; now it does. Hope this is a good one to go out on. Though I don't have high hopes, given the rest of the season.) Tonight is night two of the Jeopardy College Championship, but I will just have to watch it tomorrow.

Eating habit was brown rice and peas, with gravy made from chicken stock. (I made it to go with some leftover chicken but I ate that last night and I didn't feel like defrosting more.) I just made a strawberry-chocolate milkshake to eat (it's too thick to call it drinking...) while I snark.

Also recently I learned that the guy who wrote the sad piano music is named Hamburger.

Finale?

Hamburger??

• LOL 3

Howdy pounders!! Time for my favorite 2 hours of my week, snark chat with you fine people. Let us all hope that David is a better human than we saw last week with Lisa. Not really setting the bar too high with that one though 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Almost time for fatchat! Tonight's topics will include: "Grapes..Good Bad or Ugly?" 

OMG I almost forgot! I found the perfect cake and I was saving it for tonight!

197032552418703361_odwr1IFL_c.jpg

(Seen on Sunday Sweets at CakeWrecks.com, made by cake by Alessandra https://cakeut.com/)

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 12
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

Hello people!

My eating habit tonight was a Yasso bar and a Stouffer's lasagna. 

I do like Stouffer's lasagna. My eating habit was sucking down a three piece chicken box from KFC. I do hang my head in shame.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

Afraid I'm going to skip out from time to time tonight.  The Olympics men's figure skating comes on half hour from now.

Ummmm, do you have permission to leave the live chat? Have you submitted a written request? In triplicate? 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Howdy Pounders!  I see they're showing the first Milla episode.  It took a long time but she eventually succeeded. I wonder if that's a harbinger for this episode?

I saw the end of Milla's episode as well and just looked at some of her recent pictures. She's done well. She lost over 600 lbs!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, nokat said:

I do like Stouffer's lasagna. My eating habit was sucking down a three piece chicken box from KFC. I do hang my head in shame.

All of the above sounds so good. I've been craving KFC. Pounder hive mind. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Figured the finale was coming soon, season did start earlier this year. Wonder if there are no WATN episodes this year 

• Love 3

David Nelson, age 30, weight unknown, Idaho Falls, ID.    His bedside table has 10 pill bottles, and he uses a CPAP machine.   

At least he showers daily.    He's fallen and he couldn't get up, so why doesn't he get one of those alert necklaces.    Lives with foster mom, Robin.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

David Nelson, age 30, weight unknown, Idaho Falls, ID.    His bedside table has 10 pill bottles, and he uses a CPAP machine.   

At least he showers daily.    He's fallen and he couldn't get up, so why doesn't he get one of those alert necklaces.    Lives with foster mom, Robin.  

His body does not look like he’s in bad shape even though he is obese. His stomach is not hanging and lumps are not hanging off of his legs.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

@ams1001 thanks for Jeopardy reminder.....that will be something to look forward to tomorrow. David, my Ex's name (not this guy) don't know if I'm going to like him already..

His "mom" is killing him with food.  Abandoned check. Mom 13.....bad sign....foster kid, check, this guy is going make BINGO within the first 15 minutes.

• Love 7