Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: A Food Star Is Born

• Start Topic

The results are in! America has voted to determine who will be the next Food Network Star. Before the winner is revealed, all of the finalists are back in the studio to tell all and view never-before-seen footage from the season. Bobby Flay, Alton Brown and Giada De Laurentiis each share their favorite moments during an emotional look back at the final three's journey to the finale. Then, suspense rises as the time comes to reveal who will walk away as the new Food Network Star.

What in the heck are they going to do for a whole hour before the reveal?  They played the pilots last week and I'm guessing we'll see them all over again.  Then just clips and outtakes from the season and insipid interviews with the also-rans I guess.  Ugh.  I think I'll tune in for the last 5 and spare myself the misery.

• Love 2

Geez.  I totally would have watched a FN show about cooking seafood.

Please, please stop.  Filler McFillerson.

I hate Lenny.  Except that just now I loved his comment about Sarah being a pterodactyl coming into roost.  What a hilarious line!  Did someone write it for him?

Edited by susannot
  • Love 1

They could have done this in a half hour were it not The Sara Penrod Show, with special guest, Giada's Teeth!

Who did Loreal's hair? She reminded me of someone from those B-science fiction movies from the 50s.

It didn't really matter to me who won by this point, I felt like I was watching a badly done pilot for a sitcom on an obscure cable channel.

Lord help us all... Lenny wins. Let the games begin. Be nice!

• Love 5

That was among the worst hours of television I've seen this year.  Not so much because of the reveal, but because of the 58 minutes of grab-ass that took place before it.  We watched the show.  We saw these freaking hacks' "journeys".  Stupid.

At least we got to see Bobby get in a shot on Sarah at the end, which was a nice added bonus.

• Love 5

Hmm.  There's no need for Lenny AND Guy.  Maybe he'll take Guy's airtime down by half.  Or they'll put them on the same show to streamline avoidance. 

Now we have pioneer woman cooking and chuckwagon cooking. Seriously, are Americans that keen on "Little Kitchen Cooking on the Prairie?"

Is Lenny really getting a cooking show?  I can't imagine they'd do that, at least not for more than a few episodes.

• Love 3

What a bunch of saps that network is.  There have only been a few times in my life when I've felt as demoralized.  One was when JFK was shot, the next was on Sept. 11, 2001.  And now this.  Seriously.  I feel like the world is going to hell in a handbasket and this is just more proof.  When Lenny told Bobby he hoped he'd live up to everything they want from him, I thought to myself, "He already hasn't".  I dunno, I have a bad feeling about this.  Something is just not right about this.

Accidental Martyr, on 10 Aug 2014 - 10:02 PM, said:

I guess we know now why they finally got rid of those YouTube videos a few days ago.

The YouTube video wasn't even the worst of it - The chat board posts are still up.

• Love 6

If I were Guy Fieri's agent, I think I'd be a little concerned about what might happen during the next series of contract negotiations. ("Well, you know we have Guy 2.0 under contract now, so ...")

• Love 4
Now we have pioneer woman cooking and chuckwagon cooking. Seriously, are Americans that keen on "Little Kitchen Cooking on the Prairie?"

Probably not, but let's face it, they are running out of new concepts.  At least it's not the 47th variation on Italian cooking that Luca's show would have been.

Ugh. Which one of you guys voted for Cowboy Creepy? -growls- I really didn't think there was anyway he'd win so I sat through the whole mess.  I about choked on my tea when they were showing mentor clips and Giada said he was charming and good looking and had a great smile.  Was there another Lenny on the show I missed?  All I could see when I looked at him was when his smile disappeared after a criticism and he looked like a horse baring it's teeth.  I wonder if Giada had a flashback when he made her dance with him.

• Love 6

The Food Network gets what it deserves. Can't do the most cursory of internet searches for your "contestants"? You get what you deserve.

And omg. the real Lenny was leaking out (gag) when he talked to the teenage caller about the sea urchins.

They get what they deserve, and I'll me emailing them tomorrow, for whatever good it does.

Narcissist. Misogynist. Asshole.

They get what they deserve in Lenny.

• Love 13

Between the Lenny Links posted here, Naked Lenny in several episodes and Giada's shark teeth, I don't think I have ever experienced as many "can't unsee" moments watching a show.

• Love 3

The Food Network gets what it deserves. Can't do the most cursory of internet searches for your "contestants"? You get what you deserve.

And omg. the real Lenny was leaking out (gag) when he talked to the teenage caller about the sea urchins.

They get what they deserve, and I'll me emailing them tomorrow, for whatever good it does.

Narcissist. Misogynist. Asshole.

They get what they deserve in Lenny.

Could you explain the bolded.  

I for one will not be watching Lenny.

• Love 1

@Koffee Kup some videos of Lenny surfaced a while ago showing him as less than the polite, "aw-shucks" guy he's been portraying on the show.  Saying a lot racist and misogynistic things.  That's one of the biggest reasons a lot of people here are outraged that he won.  I personally don't like what I saw, but then most network personalities are putting on a show and are are glossing over their real personalities on TV, so it doesn't bug me that much.  Plus, I have no intention of watching him anyway.

• Love 1

Interesting. Lenny's photobucket account has gone from 12 pages the other day to 7 when I just looked now.

12 pages: http://s365.photobucket.com/user/chuckwagoncook_2008/library/?sort=3&page=1

7 pages just now: http://s365.photobucket.com/user/chuckwagoncook_2008/library/?view=recent&page=1

I can't bring myself to look at any of them to see if he deleted the one of himself on the toilet, much less took out all the pages with "f**k."

You think the Food Network would have been paying a bit of attention. I can only imagine (hopefully) all of the negative publicity they will receive....hopefully, anyway.

• Love 2

Well now I know who won. I hate Lenny, and I never even bothered to watch those YouTube videos. He's gross enough to me without that aspect. I can't believe people voted for that downhome southern country boy schtick. It's a total act.

• Love 3

Well, I cannot speak for all Americans, but I imagine that something that isn't New York chef in a kitchen will go over well.

Luca's show would have been, as mentioned earlier, yet another Italian cooking show. The boy is pretty, but that is about it; there isn't much new he is going to say on the subject -- or at least something that won't need subtitles and I think that was his downfall. People like to complain about Giada's pronunciation, so I can only imagine that the posts  would fly regarding how unintelligible Luca would be.

Do we NEED a Lenny show? No, but then we don't NEED most of the shows we have on. He'll either do a great job and be a big star or fade away like Justin and many of the others, just another footnote in the Food Network annuals. I'm not looking for some great work of art here. i think he'll do fine and perhaps show some interesting food that isn't hipster trends and the latest craze, and that is what this viewer is looking for.

• Love 2

Wow.  After seeing that hairdo tonight, I bet L'Oréal Paris files a cease and desist order against the Butcher Babe to force her to change her name.  Ouch.  

Once again, the highpoint of the finale was watching Alton rip on Giada.  Now that's a show I'd watch on FN.

• Love 5

Ick well thats one show on FN that I won't be watching.   I prepared myself for the worst after seeing what Lenny's brother posted, which leads me to wonder how he knew? Did the network tell him in advance? I figured he was just being smug until he said "shh its supposed to be a secret". 

• Love 2

It seemed like none of the mentors, particularly Bobby and Alton, were too pleased with the decision. And it looked like the CEO of the network was about to call security when Cowboy Curtis put his big mitts on her. I predict a sexual harassment issue and a quick termination for Lenny.

• Love 4

I guess we know now why they finally got rid of those YouTube videos a few days ago.

Explain?

I assume that when they decided that Lenny was the winner they wanted to make it harder for people to find the videos. I still find it hard to believe he didn't take them down as soon as he found out he was going to be on the show. I think the fact that he didn't think the videos and message board posts would be a negative says a lot about him and his personality.

• Love 3

It seemed like none of the mentors, particularly Bobby and Alton, were too pleased with the decision. And it looked like the CEO of the network was about to call security when Cowboy Curtis put his big mitts on her. I predict a sexual harassment issue and a quick termination for Lenny.

That's pretty much how I see it too.  I don't see how the guy is going to learn any sense of appropriateness.  He is probably going to end up pissing off more people on FN than he is worth.  He is one of those people who is fun and charming for about 5 minutes and then is more like a sharp stab in the eye from then on.

In the recap of the season they replayed the bit where Lenny touches Alton and Alton reminds him "no touching".  Ugh.

I still find it hard to believe he didn't take them down as soon as he found out he was going to be on the show. I think the fact that he didn't think the videos and message board posts would be a negative says a lot about him and his personality.

I think this shows signs of lack of judgment and boundary issues.  I just can't believe FN would be so desperate for ratings that it would risk some loose cannon like this schmuck for it.  I agree with whoever said he makes Guy look like Alistair Cooke.  Geesh, he makes Guy look like Chris Kimball!

I fully expect the earth to spin off its axis next.  This is one of those things I file under "wasn't supposed to happen".  There's an alternate timeline that split off from this one where Luca won.  I'd personally be more interested in Italian anything for the 50th time than Lenny's fake cowboy act.

BTW, judging from the poll over at "Food Network Gossip", the votes between Lenny and Luca were kind of close - only separated by around 2%.  I hope this isn't the last we've seen of Luca.  He actually seems like a pretty neat guy.

• Love 9

Considering that they're probably going to doom him to Sunday mornings, where there's the choice of Lenny or an infomercial for dump cakes and dump dinners, I hardly think it's going to matter.

With the group they took to the finals, any of their shows were going to end up being a steaming pile.

• Love 2

WoW, I can't believe how disgusting Lenny is. How could the FN not see his online footprint? Or maybe they did and don't care? He isn't even close to being family-friendly, but isn't that what the network kind of wants?

Plus, what an idiot. He posts seriously offensive stuff online (and about Ree Drummond!) even after he KNOWS he's going to be on this show. Either completely stupid or has extremely bad judgement. And I saw on Facebook profile that all of his favorite sports teams are in New England -- so there's fakeness from the clothing, to the personality, to the accent.

• Love 2