Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: A Food Star Is Born

• Start Topic

Uncle Benzene - I really don't know if the media is going to give a crap, nor is anyone else who has been taken with this idiot (perhaps unless bodily forced to watch the offensive videos and board posts over and over until they admit they're vile).  Can you tell I've completely lost all faith in humanity that there's any decency left in the majority of the general Food Network audience?  I would think the foodie gossip blogs like Eater would have latched onto it already.  

I personally think Lenny presents a moral issue.  Would you let a guy like that alone with your children?  Seriously.  Adam Richman may be a nasty guy but again, he's not in the creepy category for me like Lenny is.  Plus there's the matter of the offensive language to women and gays.  I thought that in this PC era that stuff was strang verboten coming out of the mouth of a celebrity.  Witness what happened with Gilbert Gottfried, etc.  I guess all the conjecture that FN was ready to dump Paula Deen anyway or they wouldn't have canned her is true.  Man, I'm generally cynical but that's even beyond what I thought.

Well, I got my wish. FLUFFY BEANS FOR EVERYONE! Then later, we'll all have a shirtless fart contest!

And a wet T shirt contest in a vat of creamed corn!

mmm...have you ever seen "Idiocracy"? I think it's non-fiction :)

No, but I'm sure I'm better off for not having seen it, LOL.

Edited by Intuition
  • Love 3

Intuition,          "I gaar-ON-tee" that Lenny will be making flatulence jokes part of his cowboy schtick.  He's RUDE, CRUDE, & LEWD.

Your mentioning Justin Wilson took me on an immediate journey down memory lane. Saturday afternoons, many years ago.... Justin, Yan Can Cook, & Maryann Esposito... "don't-cha-know" !!  Given his age (even back then) I can forgive him for a few "toots".

Edited by Day2Day
  • Love 1

I thought I would be upset with Lenny's win but all I felt was sweet, sweet schadenfreude.  Not only does TFN have to deal with Lenny, but now Lenny has to be the gourmet cowboy for the rest of his career.  I can't help but think that it's going to kill him a little to keep up the "aw-shucks" act forever.

• Love 8

I thought I would be upset with Lenny's win but all I felt was sweet, sweet schadenfreude.  Not only does TFN have to deal with Lenny, but now Lenny has to be the gourmet cowboy for the rest of his career.  I can't help but think that it's going to kill him a little to keep up the "aw-shucks" act forever.

Yep, his pants are gonna fall down or he'll be dry-humping another Food Network "personality" (a la Paula Deen) at some Food Network-sponsored event.  Or he'll call some female passenger the "c" word on the Food Network cruise when she refuses to lick creamed corn off his chest in front of all the other passengers.  Something.

• Love 5

obhuqVj.jpg  As with most of the old westerns I used to watch, there was always a "good guy" & a "bad guy".  Now that the chuck wagon gig has been replaced by the FN  Star win, I think his true self will reappear.  Maybe the mere thought of him having to buy a new pair of clean, properly fitting jeans will be enough to force him into telling some poor female *EXPLETIVE* producer to go *EXPLETIVE* herself, or that she should get it in her *EXPLETIVE*  The guy doesn't have enough self-control.

• Love 1

I liked Lenny for about half the season and stuck up for him, but once you all found the videos and chat rooms I can't stand him.  I haven't seen or read any of the stuff, but you all have described enough of it that I have no doubt he is totally revolting.  I feel bad for even suggesting he should do a kids' cooking show.  I wouldn't want him in the same city as my child (if I had any). Yuck. 

• Love 1

obhuqVj.jpg  As with most of the old westerns I used to watch, there was always a "good guy" & a "bad guy".  Now that the chuck wagon gig has been replaced by the FN  Star win, I think his true self will reappear.  Maybe the mere thought of him having to buy a new pair of clean, properly fitting jeans will be enough to force him into telling some poor female *EXPLETIVE* producer to go *EXPLETIVE* herself, or that she should get it in her *EXPLETIVE*  The guy doesn't have enough self-control.

That's my bet.  He already looked scared last night when he was shaking Bobby's hand (or Bob's) and said he hoped he would live up to everything they were expecting from him.  I think he knows he doesn't have it in him.  They may think they can work with him to make him into a star, but those crazy eyes tell me he'll mess it up somehow.

I can't add anything to the general disgust about Lenny's win.  It did, however, make me think that perhaps the voting is legit.  Every poll I saw had Nicole a distant third and Lenny slightly ahead of Luca so I figured FN could easily make Luca the winner if they wanted to manipulate the results.  No one would have believed that Nicole surged that far ahead at the last minute but Luca........could have happened.  Should have happened.  So maybe FN is legally constrained in some way to honor the poll results and they'll do something about Lenny after the fact.  It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

Loreal isn't at all attractive to begin with but that hairstyle she chose was just astonishingly awful.  Nicole OTOH was stunning.

I noticed that there were two parts of the usual finale that didn't happen last night.  One was the solicitation of comments from the contestants.  Other than the scripted Skype bits, no one addressed any of the non-winners about anything.  The other was the complete absence of footage of friends and/or family coming out to congratulate the finalists.  I'm inclined to think those omissions are significant somehow but maybe I'm reaching.  I was hoping to get a glimpse of Luca's wife.

I noticed that there were two parts of the usual finale that didn't happen last night.  One was the solicitation of comments from the contestants.  Other than the scripted Skype bits, no one addressed any of the non-winners about anything.  The other was the complete absence of footage of friends and/or family coming out to congratulate the finalists.  I'm inclined to think those omissions are significant somehow but maybe I'm reaching.  I was hoping to get a glimpse of Luca's wife.

I was also surprised the eliminated finalists didn't talk at all, other than Chris showing the stars on the back of his head and Reuben who spoke a couple of words, they were pretty much completely ignored.  About the finalists families, they haven't been present or shown since Season 8, when Justin Warner won.  Also surprising last night, was FN president Brooke Johnson appearing, since she didn't do it last season, where there wasn't so much controversy.

Didn't they used to include the final 4's families in the final challenges somehow?  I seem to remember kids running out and being hugged or parents having to cook or something (my memory fails me on this somehow).  I don't remember if they did that last year either come to think of it.  They may not have.  Lenny doesn't seem to have any significant other (he lists himself as single on Facebook) so perhaps they left it out so as not to make him look bad.  It looks to me like they did everything possible to sway votes in his direction.

If nothing else, this show is helping me nuance one-word descriptions of why I dislike "food stars." Vocabulary is fun. I'm distinguishing between "mean" (Alton), "petty" (JAH-da), "gross" (Guy Fee-eh-tee), "bitter" (Adam Richman) and now, plain old "vile" (Lenny). That guy just gets the best mix of perv/filthy/stupid/fake that I can find.

Would also like to THANK his cow-pah (hee!) arse for ruining Payday candy bars (I loved those things; now, even if I can overlook their weird commercials, I have a raging phobia of seeing a cowpoke chest hair taped to one) and now creamed corn. I didn't even see the offending vids or chats, but all I have to hear is "creamed corn" and "Lenny" and "lick" in the same sentence and I'm skeeved out. And I liked creamed corn, dang it!

Good thing his paws only spilled the coffee and he didn't think to roll in it or snort it or scrub his scrotum with it or I'd seriously join with every coffee chain and sue the h*ll out of FN.

Food deserves better. It really does.

I can't decide which is worse - whether the show's winner is rigged or if a U S of A audience actually votes in the winner. I think I'm far more comfortable with a rigged FN show than an honest vote that would give that turd any more chances to git on that there teevee.

• Love 1

I can't decide which is worse - whether the show's winner is rigged or if a U S of A audience actually votes in the winner. I think I'm far more comfortable with a rigged FN show than an honest vote that would give that turd any more chances to git on that there teevee.

Heck, I felt really comfortable with making my opening comment in this thread (about democracy not working) without having any idea who would be the winner.

It was a pretty safe bet that Facebook voters can't be trusted to do the right thing. They might get it right sometimes, but I chalk that up to luck.

• Love 3

OMG, I didn't realize how the Lenny hate is spreading like wildfire over on the FN site - See here in the comments under an interview with Lenny -

http://blog.foodnetwork.com/star-talk/2014/08/10/star-exclusive-watch-the-winners-first-interview-season-10/#idc-container

I am busy at work today so I couldn't read through all of them, but in the comments someone made mention to a link that was posted somewhere in that response area to an article with links to all the offensive Lenny garbage - the videos, the chat board posts.  People know all about the offensive comments to women and gays now, not just us, and boy are they mad!  This thing may be picking up momentum!  There may be a God after all, LOL! 

ETA:  I just found a link to the article on "Food Network Gossip":

http://www.foodnetworkgossip.com/2014/08/food-network-star-lenny-mcnab.html

Edited by Intuition
  • Love 2

HA, being from the south, I saw it a different way. Poison Sumac will make your skin itch until you want to cry for your momma. And if it's burned and you inhale it, it could damage your lungs, or possibly kill you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxicodendron_vernix

I think Lenny thought he was eating that stuff and was in danger of dying. Literally, I laughed at that part of his presentation of the yogurt shop because I knew what he was thinking.

But Lenny isn't from the South, he's from New Hampshire.

I don't believe for one second the winner is determined by a public vote.  I believe the producers choose who they want.  The "vote" is just to get viewers interested and invested.  I'm willing to bet there's a clause somewhere that says the producers have the final say.  I know it's that way on Project Runway (although that show doesn't involve a vote to determine the winner) and other "competition" shows.

I saw posts on the Food Network Facebook page where people said the "loved" Lenny and didn't care about the YouTube videos or the message board posts.  They honestly believe he's a true-blue cowboy and love him for that.  Sigh...

I don't suppose anybody sat down and read the fine print in the disclaimers at the end, did they?  There's a big explosion going on because somebody read the disclaimer at the end of the Teen Choice Awards which said that the producers had the right to choose the winners, no matter what the public vote was.

heh.  I was poking around this morning to see if there was any uproar over Lenny's "win", and discovered that newspapers in Texas are calling Luca a "Texas chef".  :)

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

Lenny just finished his first chat on FN's Facebook page. Just a couple of questions about his videos (which he ignored) and mostly overwhelming support from posters. He answered about a couple dozen questions pretty well, just what FN's expecting. His idea for a show is a DDD but about ranches, farms and homesteads.

There was this question (which I think wasn't intentional) where a female poster asked Lenny: "What's your advice on cooking brisket just right?" Even before Lenny gave the punch line, another female poster answered "LOW and SLOW!." Lenny just repeated the punch line, acknowledging the woman who said it. LOL

Edited by ny1221

Cowboy Lenny must be the first Food Network host to publicly describe a specific sex act he would like to perform on another FN host.

Certainly the crude and offensive nature of his comments and language relating to women and gays (and even black people, subtlety) go beyond what Paula Dean said. But I guess that FN can take the "out" that he was not an FN employee at the time those internet posts were made.

But nowadays, almost every company looks into the background of a prospective employee as part of the hiring process, and anything public is fair game. So that Facebook picture you posted of yourself passed out drunk on a beach in Mexico could make your prospective employer decide you are not the right person to handle large sums of money. Or be a youth counselor.

A lot of young people don't grasp the concept of separation between the private and public worlds, but Lenny is old enough to know better. Which leads to the conclusion many have made that he's something of an exhibitionist. For him the thrill is worth the risk. That he got away with it in regards to being on FNS is pretty amazing. With the prospect of putting someone on the air to publicly represent your brand, you would expect the highest possible level of scrutiny.

But who can understand anything that Food Network does these days.

I just wonder who's getting the job of keeping Lenny and The Drummonds apart at the FN holiday party.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 5

I read through the contract they sign to be on the show a few years ago, and I doubt that this has changed, but there was a statement in there that said no matter what the public vote was, they reserved the right to pick the winner.

• Love 2

That was a gag.  She was talking about Luca; they implied it was Lenny until the last moment when she said Luca's name.  Then the sound effect of scratching vinyl

Also, Loreal's hair must have been a joke.  Right?  Right?

Ohhhhh.  I must have been lulled into a trance by her teeth by the time she got to the punchline.

I agree about Loreal's hair.  It was the first thing I noticed when I turned on the show.  I went what the...It looked like she'd been on a 3 day bender.

I have to wonder if TPTB know about the comment from Lenny about Drummond.  That was so repulsive.  

Edited by WickedTuna
  • Love 1
He already looked scared last night when he was shaking Bobby's hand (or Bob's) and said he hoped he would live up to everything they were expecting from him.  I think he knows he doesn't have it in him.  They may think they can work with him to make him into a star, but those crazy eyes tell me he'll mess it up somehow.

I was open to the possibility that his horrid performance in the "commercial" for his pilot (i.e. the second to last "challenge") was just a matter of them editing in the worst of his performance and editing out the good take.  But the deer-in-headlights look he had when shaking Tusch's hand makes me think he may really be unable to actually talk to the camera one-on-one.  

I think that, and the nasty side-eye, "dude, out of my personal space" look Flay gave him when he won, may be enough of a reason for them to give him his five or six 3 a.m. Sunday morning shows and then disappear him.

• Love 1

I read through the contract they sign to be on the show a few years ago, and I doubt that this has changed, but there was a statement in there that said no matter what the public vote was, they reserved the right to pick the winner.

That makes sense, so I guess they really wanted Lenny.  Oh well, hide your corn and grab your guns buckaroos!

So last night I decided to watch Hungry Investors instead of the finale live.  I went through the episode on my DVR in about 5 minutes and caught the crucial moments.  I knew as soon as Nicole was eliminated that it would be Lenny, mainly because any show Luca would do would have to be subtitled.

I never saw the previous videos of Lenny, but they sound pretty awful.

My dad once said about a jammed parking lot he couldn't navigate "Tragic. A tragedy. So sad." I remembered that when I learned that Lenny won.

At this rate, Cut Throat Kitchen will soon be the "classy" show on the Food Network.

• Love 2

I saw a person post on Facebook (FN page): "Lenny, can't wait to see you on The Pioneer Woman!"   I want to post, I seriously doubt that will EVER happen now.

Honestly, if Lenny stays on this network then Paula Deen deserves to come back.

EDIT: It looks like this loser has deleted all the videos.  Lots more people needed to see what he's really like, so I think this is unfortunate.

Edited by Pepperminty
  • Love 1

I hope the media spreads the truth about Lenny if only because I want more people to see who he really is especially now that he'll have a show on FN. I want the network to feel some backlash for allowing this idiot to win. I can see TMZ posting some stuff or possibly another gossip site..but the difference between Lenny and Paula Deen is that IMO more people cared about her, there was more interest in her, and she was a big star by the food world standards. The bigger the star, the more the media will latch on to stories.  Until Lenny gains some popularity as a legit food network star I don't think the mainstream media will devote all that much time on him.

All it is going to take for Lenny to get shit-canned is for him to be Lenny, which we now know is who he really is, God's gift to the "little ladies". I cannot imagine that he hasn't heard the rumors about Giada's personal habits. Being the manly, rugged Cowboy that he is, I can imagine him "wooing" her with a belching whisper while her craps on a toilet, "Hey, Little Lady, Gimme some of dat c--t, fetch me a brisket and then I'll cream your corn.".  Then he will give her those psychotic scary eyes. THAT is all it will take. As an aside, not to worry that the videos were removed. They were copied. They still exist and I have seen sites make mention of re-posting. . 

(not meaning to offend with the aforementioned " Lenny poetry"-but I totally can envision him saying exactly things like that after the videos). 

• Love 1

and then I'll cream your corn.

The only thing I saw was people mentioning they avoided the videos because they liked creamed corn.  I love it so I avoided them as well and tried not to think about what was so bad.  Seeing it phrased this way....please Lord, tell me he didn't.  He couldn't.  And videoed it??

• Love 1

It may not do any good, but I sent TMZ the link to the Lenny article on Food Network Gossip.  If the media can crucify Paula, they should be all over this guy.

FN should be ashamed.

Thanks, I'm glad somebody did it!  I wanted to send it out but was too busy tonight - It should also be sent to Eater and The Brasier, the food TV and chef related gossip blogs.

The only thing I saw was people mentioning they avoided the videos because they liked creamed corn.  I love it so I avoided them as well and tried not to think about what was so bad.  Seeing it phrased this way....please Lord, tell me he didn't.  He couldn't.  And videoed it??

No, it wasn't that (heaven forbid), he just stirred the pot of corn over and over again and made some creepy comments to it like the next thing you know he was going to have sex with it.  It was just really creepy, you had to see it.  I saved the video to my computer but I hesitate to post it anywhere. 

Edited by Intuition

As for Lenny trying to woo Giada, I strongly suspect that he plays for the other team, though he's deeply in the closet. What was it he posted on FB or some other site? "Voted best lover by women, 2002 - 2010" or some such nonsense. Unless you're about 16 years old. that  totally has an aura of "methinks he protest too much."

Voted best lover BY WOMEN? It seems to me that most guys would just say "Voted best lover." Why the added clarification?

• Love 2

The only thing I saw was people mentioning they avoided the videos because they liked creamed corn.  I love it so I avoided them as well and tried not to think about what was so bad.  Seeing it phrased this way....please Lord, tell me he didn't.  He couldn't.  And videoed it??

He didn't, but the way he talked and looked and stirred made me think of it. And Lenny. And I can't forgive him for that image (which, imo, he knew full well would happen).

He's gross, but he renewed my love for Bobby Flay. He actually seems to have some standards and some class--and still demos cooking skills, a real reminder of Food Network of Days Gone by. (Alton doesn't count, unfortunately, because all he does, apparently is judge and host FN competitions now).  Even Giada still demos cooking and doesn't seem to suffer fools gladly now that she's a "star", so although some of her mannerisms are a little off-putting at times, I'm okay with her, too. 

I just know they want Lenny to host a barbecue competition. But I'm hoping they'll find out that he's just as hard to work with as Justin was. Hopefully, they can give him an hour (competition or Barbecue Ranch Dives .. or whatever) and we'll never see him again. I think Bob is pretty "old school" re: good taste and I just can't see him finding out about Lenny and thinking, "Yeah! Our next big star!"

I'm optimistic he'll get "a show" and then be gone forever. (Luca and Nicole, on the other hand, I expect to see on the Cooking Channel).

Thanks, I'm glad somebody did it!  I wanted to send it out but was too busy tonight - It should also be sent to Eater and The Brasier, the food TV and chef related gossip blogs.

No, it wasn't that (heaven forbid), he just stirred the pot of corn over and over again and made some creepy comments to it like the next thing you know he was going to have sex with it.  It was just really creepy, you had to see it.  I saved the video to my computer but I hesitate to post it anywhere. 

I'm 95.5% sure he molested that corn.  I'm sure his creepy cameraman taped it and its one some crazy corn fetish site.

As for Lenny trying to woo Giada, I strongly suspect that he plays for the other team, though he's deeply in the closet. What was it he posted on FB or some other site? "Voted best lover by women, 2002 - 2010" or some such nonsense. Unless you're about 16 years old. that  totally has an aura of "methinks he protest too much."

Voted best lover BY WOMEN? It seems to me that most guys would just say "Voted best lover." Why the added clarification?

Well as opposed to "voted best lover by produce"

I'm optimistic he'll get "a show" and then be gone forever. (Luca and Nicole, on the other hand, I expect to see on the Cooking Channel).

I hope so.  I know maybe I'm just a bright eyed naive optimist, but my hope is that they wanted to take more time to develop Luca and Nicole so that they could have shows that might be truly successful.  I think especially if Giada is in Luca's corner, and Bobby Flay is in Nicole's corner that could happen.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 3

This is third hand information so take it FWIW, but one of the comments I read on the Food Network Gossip site was from someone who said one of their friends was one of the contestants on the show, and that what wasn't shown on TV are all the inappropriate remarks and "out there" bits by Lenny behind the scenes that made the other contestants dislike him and wonder amongst themselves how FN could even include him in the competition.  Come to think of it, they didn't show anything even remotely negative about Lenny coming from the other contestants in the finale.

• Love 2

Come to think of it, they didn't show anything even remotely negative about Lenny coming from the other contestants in the finale.

Maybe this is why the other contestants were so strangely silent.  There was very little commentary from them, like in years past.  It struck me as strange.

Loreal looked like Courtney Love last night.

Yes, she did.  Come to think of it, she is a bit like Courtney Love in general. 

Didn't Courtn - err, Loreal pipe up with something during the finale?  Something about liking Alton?  Or was it Bobby?  She said something like, "I did!" and it felt so strange, the way she was ignored, like she'd broken some sort of gag order.  No one asked her to elaborate.  I sort of felt a little sorry for her.  Although the sorry part might have been because of her hair.

I can't get too worked up about this -- it's a drop in the bucket of the craziness of the world.  On to better things!

Or worse.  The great Food Truck Race should be starting soon......

• Love 4

Well, count the wife and me as being in the Not Hating Lenny corner. We are suprised at the level of vitriol directed at him.

You need to keep in mind that this show is entertainment, not Masterpiece Theater, and as such, they wanted (and received) an entertainer in Lenny. Who really cares if he was born a New England Yankee, or he only assumed a character? Do you really think Guy (TWEN TEE THOUSAND DOLLARS ) Fee-ety was the same over the top character as a kid, tattooed , bejeweled, and shouting everything he says? Or that Alton Brown hasn't morphed into someone different over his career?

As to the supposedly shocking videos, you need to remember this guy is a cook, not the leader of the free world. So he used some foul language, or engaged in juvenile behavior. He is not going to be considered the moral guiding light for the nation, nor is he going to be placed alone in your house with your kids, to pervert them with his devious rants. He is an entertainment chef, who will probably be on some goofy show on FN, just like Fee-ety or Alton.

Apparently enough people liked him enough to vote for him, and really could not care less about his off camera stuff.

Why do you think most of these competition shows feature over the top characters, heavily tattooed or pierced, with odd (to say the least) personalities?

For all the talk about people like Nicole, or Christopher, or other somewhat bland types, that is not what draws people to these shows. Like it or not, it's the Lenny's, Penny's, and Pah Stahl's that keep you tuning in. At least based on this year, it appears Lenny can actually cook, unlike some of those other over the top characters.

I only expect entertainment from anything Lenny appears in, not a person who I am looking to for moral guidance in my life.

As that noted philospher Sgt Hulka said: Lighten up, Francis!

• Love 6

Well, count the wife and me as being in the Not Hating Lenny corner. We are suprised at the level of vitriol directed at him.

You need to keep in mind that this show is entertainment, not Masterpiece Theater, and as such, they wanted (and received) an entertainer in Lenny. Who really cares if he was born a New England Yankee, or he only assumed a character? Do you really think Guy (TWEN TEE THOUSAND DOLLARS ) Fee-ety was the same over the top character as a kid, tattooed , bejeweled, and shouting everything he says? Or that Alton Brown hasn't morphed into someone different over his career?

As to the supposedly shocking videos, you need to remember this guy is a cook, not the leader of the free world. So he used some foul language, or engaged in juvenile behavior. He is not going to be considered the moral guiding light for the nation, nor is he going to be placed alone in your house with your kids, to pervert them with his devious rants. He is an entertainment chef, who will probably be on some goofy show on FN, just like Fee-ety or Alton.

Apparently enough people liked him enough to vote for him, and really could not care less about his off camera stuff.

Why do you think most of these competition shows feature over the top characters, heavily tattooed or pierced, with odd (to say the least) personalities?

I only expect entertainment from anything Lenny appears in, not a person who I am looking to for moral guidance in my life.

As that noted philospher Sgt Hulka said: Lighten up, Francis!

Nice Bill Murray movie quote there.....

I have been following many blog post and FN site post comment trails, and pretty much every time a person comes along and says pretty much exactly what you just said they get told by about 5 people that they really, really need to see the offending stuff first hand before rendering an opinion about what so many others think about Lenny.  Then suddenly, when they do, they come back like Roseanne Roseanadanna and say "Nevermind", or "Forget what I said, Lenny is a dirt bag, I wish I could take my votes back".

But feel free to disagree, it's a free country.  I probably would have agreed with much of what you say if I had not personally researched this Lenny situation extremely thoroughly.

Edited by Intuition
  • Love 10

I can respect the comments in the above post. However, I CANNOT and WILL NOT accept Lenny for anything other that a foul-mouthed fake. America may be "dumb-ed down" to the extent that they can view his antics as "entertainment".  He's not funny, charming or "real". ... "as to the supposedly shocking videos".... !!!!! Nothing "supposedly" .... many of us saw them before they were removed. If Major Woody's wife has seen the video, maybe she doesn't have a problem with the "c" word. That, along with the other vulgar comments, makes me care less that he may, in fact, be a good cook. I don't know what the FN has in store for him.... a show, a few appearances, "guest" visits...???  He should ride off into the sunset, back to his chuck wagon. IMHO, he's unwatchable!

• Love 9

Nice Bill Murray movie quote there.....

I have been following many blog post and FN site post comment trails, and pretty much every time a person comes along and says pretty much exactly what you just said they get told by about 5 people that they really, really need to see the offending stuff first hand before rendering an opinion about what so many others think about Lenny.  Then suddenly, when they do, they come back like Roseanne Roseanadanna and say "Nevermind", or "Forget what I said, Lenny is a dirt bag, I wish I could take my votes back".

But feel free to disagree, it's a free country.  I probably would have agreed with much of what you say if I had not personally researched this Lenny situation extremely thoroughly.

ITA.  If you don't feel violated watching Lenny try to molest that cream corn, well....maybe America is going to hell in a handbag.  

• Love 7

Let's not forget how at different times and places Lenny says he would f*ck Rhee Drummond up the ass, calls people f*ggots, a woman a c*nt, and makes references to jizz stained keyboards!  Or when he sits on his toilet bare assed eating from his Advent calendar.....Not to mention how creepy he gets over a pot of creamed corn......Or the allegations by talk show host Fez from the Ron & Fez show (and some evidence I have seen for myself too) that Lenny was exhibiting stalking behavior towards him in 2009......Like the fact that he bugged Fez incessantly until he would meet him, then had a photo taken with Fez and later put it on everything from mugs to t shirts to calendars to plates, etc., and then sent the stuff to Fez!  And later when Fez was creeped out Lenny didn't understand why because he was just a "devoted fan"?  A photo of Lenny holding one of these items (a t shirt I think) has been removed from his photo sharing account.  There's even more stalking evidence but I don't want to write a book here....

Edited by Intuition
  • Love 9

I hope the kids of america aren't going around trying to sexually assault some creamed corn.

And I don't know that America gets the final say, so I don't know how many people voted for Lenny.  

And even if it was "America" that may be like 10% of the viewing audience.  Our mayor is chosen by popular vote, but like 3% of the citizens come out to vote in a mayoral election.  It sounds like Lenny, for whatever reason, had a dedicated following of people who enjoy seeing a grown ass man on a toilet,  so if those people were the ones voting 20 times a day its possible that they have overshadowed the voting.  Not saying this is the case, but its not a sure thing to say that America loves him.  A small portion of America may really love him to the point of voting for him 20 times a day.

My only point being that there may be other ways to explain his win besides "but all the people love lenny!"

Let's not forget how at different times and places Lenny says he would f*ck Rhee Drummond up the ass, calls people f*ggots, a woman a c*nt, and makes references to jizz stained keyboards!  Or when he sits on his toilet bare assed eating from his Advent calendar.....Not to mention how creepy he gets over a pot of creamed corn......Or the allegations by talk show host Fez from the Ron & Fez show (and some evidence I have seen for myself too) that Lenny was exhibiting stalking behavior towards him in 2009......Like the fact that he bugged Fez incessantly until he would meet him, then had a photo taken with Fez and later put it on everything from mugs to t shirts to calendars to plates, etc., and then sent the stuff to Fez!  And later when Fez was creeped out Lenny didn't understand why because he was just a "devoted fan"?  A photo of Lenny holding one of these items (a t shirt I think) has been removed from his photo sharing account.  There's even more stalking evidence but I don't want to write a book here....

yikes!  you had me in your corner at "jizz stained keyboard"

• Love 3