Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: It's Not a Shore Thing

• Start Topic

Portraits of doubt upon waking: Lindsey had three bottles of wine?!? How is she still alive? To be able to drink that much, she must be a severe alcoholic. No wonder why her behavior is out of control. This is terrible for Mark to be bamboozled into a marriage with an alcoholic. Meanwhile, Jasmina is pessimistic about her husband being pessimistic, and Alyssa is being an ugly bitch thinking her husband is an ugly bitch. Camping vagabond Stephen has a wife who will only camp “as long as it’s inside”—and Olajuwon is too sweaty to cuddle his wife who wants nothing more than to be a little spoon. 

okay, time for “fun activities” with Mark the Shark starring as the Tom Cruise part in a Cocktail remake. Oh, no MTS already had an alcoholic girlfriend. Fantastic!

A picnic by ocean’s edge is as close as Noi is going to get to “camping by the ocean.” She laid down on a pillow—that definitely counts as camping! “I’m slowly falling in love with you.” “Okay.” Ouch! Now he’s laughing at her that “strong feelings are a lot for three days!” He’s not wrong, but bad way to handle that! Keep that to yourself!

Oh, hell no, a forced serious workout in which if you drop the weight the ring is coming off?! Chill out, O! I’d rather camp than this!

I don’t know that I’d paddle board out into the middle of the ocean with Alyssa—she’ll drown you to play the widow. Ok! We found something that actually makes her smile—laughing at Chis! Production starts flipping through the applications—did we miss someone with an eagle tattoo. I’d laugh if one of O’s many tattoos is of an eagle.

okay—swim-up bar time. It’s hilarious that Jasmina is constantly negative and looking for the worst-case scenarios—while accusing Michael of being this way because of a comment by his sister. Jeez, Michael this is sad—everyone he loves has died, pretty much.

Wait, O went all overboard pushing Katina to work out, and saying participating fully was a test of their relationship—but it turned out THAT was SECRETLY a test to do the OPPOSITE and she was supposed to set a boundary?! This is confusing. Just tell Katina what you want from her. Jeesh!

Lindsey is full-on in love. And flash to Mark who is already over “reeling her in.” Lindsey had a relationship in which he was a bad drunk. I’m waiting for the twist movie ending where she looks in a mirror and realizes the out-of-control drunk was her all along! Nope. The self-reflection is not happening today—even with Jasmina taking a kinder approach to bridge the harsh reality that Katina was serving.

Olajuwon is very proud of fucking a mother and daughter! Wow. And now he’s trying to arrange a threesome?! I might need to go back to the weddings and take another look at Katina’s mom! Thanksgiving is going to be awkward this year. Everyone’s faces while he’s going on about if you offer me another woman! Lol!

Steve is bringing up the love thing again. Yikes. This isn’t helping. Wait, Noi cheated, too, after making such a big deal about Steve “putting down a finger”!? I guess they were just kids.

Oh, jeez. A big fight over participating in a group conversation?! Jasmina added what she felt—she didn’t even talk over Michael. The cameraman is like, we missed ONE breakfast!

Olajuwon is fine with one woman, but you know, if you want to introduce Isaac to another woman, so be it.

Chris is looking forward to trying to talk with Alyssa with a snooba mask on—but she’ll wave to you from the shore—oh, nevermind, she’ll go get a salad and tell a producer what she wants to do is “leave here.” I’m loving this recap of her call with her mom. She’s right!!! You are coming off bad on TV!! Meanwhile, Alyssa says she’s nice to everyone—right after explaining that she won’t swim in the vicinity of Chris, and the paddleboard allowed for a quick getaway.

Noi can’t swim. That ocean camping is looking even less likely. Maybe it would get Steve up to 75, if you went.

So Michael is right that everyone (aside from Katina) knows that “I’m sorry you felt that way” is passive aggressive and not a real apology. But Katina is also right that she didn’t do anything wrong and doesn’t need to apologize. And though they’re both right on the one hand, they’re more egregiously wrong on the other person’s point, so I’m going to deem them both wrong in this fight. Michael gets a slight advantage at the end by acknowledging that she feels she didn’t do anything wrong, and he should accept whatever apology she gives, plus some other positive stuff—but then he says “nip it in the butt” and he loses again.

They say a shark never stops swimming—but Mark the Shark is pumping the brakes. Lindsey is either all in or all out. Now she’s pulling out his bathroom habits?! What is happening? Oh, I think she’s implying he needs to use manners to court her? Where are your manners, ma’am? Oh, now she’s admitting to consummating the marriage? So much for playing coy at the top of the episode. I’m sure the show planned this dinner. Oh, no, there are rose petals leading to the heart on the bed! Noooooo! Lindsey is on the floor blowing out tea light candles.

Katina D. is happier about her rose petals. Ok, we’ll leave off on a good note after all. A little prayer to our lord before a sexy foot rub. She’s falling in love—hopefully it’ll work out better for her than for Lindsey or Noi. It does! O toasts to their Black Love! Aw! I almost forgot about all of the threesome stuff—but good luck to these two.

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

His job title is listed as "Municipal Wastewater Operator."

I remember Katina saying he works for the state, and she does retirement for state workers. So he probably makes decent money and has good benefits. He was a terror in the gym, though. Katina was a lot more tolerant than I would've been.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

He can try, but Woody didn't "test" his new bride in various ways and didn't talk about his many many sexual exploits ad nauseum in front of the entire group.  Olaj is just a smooth-talking f-boy.  Every cliche in the book.  Reminds me of a used car salesman.  

Olaj thinks that he is as charming as Woody but he is just a giant dork with a nice body and a bit of a butter face.

Both Olaj and Lindsey cover up tons of insecurity with big annoying personalities.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
23 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Next weeks previews…I missed who was telling the production crew that she ‘hated him’? Will Alyssa and Chris be done? Please!!! 

Who else?  Alyssa.  She was yelling she hated Chris after she spoke with her Mother.  Then she told production she didn’t want him sitting with her, so he walked away like a jerk.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Chuckles just thinking what if Ayssa was saddled with Jake? I think he was built and had straight teeth.

I wonder how'd she feel if roles were reversed and she was hooked up with a very handsome man who didn't think much of her looks? I'm sure she'd be crushed and crying to momma. I don't think she is capable of putting herself in anyone else's shoes.

IMO Mindy was much prettier than Alyssa.  And I'd take a Chris, whose teeth can be fixed and whose dad bod I wouldn't mind, over that fop Zach with the elaborately round-brush dried hair 🤢 any day!  It would be fun, however, to see Zach shut her down with a 30 minute word salad while she tried to suck up to him 🤣

4 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Me either. I'm sure he's already privy to some of her habits that she wouldn't want announced to the world. I'm confidant she shits and farts too.

Clogging the toilet would be an embarrassing accident (one hopes), but confidently farting in bed is a trait it took me 10 years of marriage to acquire, and I still only do it if I'm 99% sure Mr. P is asleep 😄. I think that's the sort of thing like brushing teeth together, or in some past cases using the toilet with the door open, that makes some people feel more intimate and "married" - which I think was Lindsay's point - she was enjoying feeling all chummy and coupley, but he wants to slow down the "lovey dovey" while continuing to have sex and act gross as if they've been married 10 years.  One or the other, buddy.

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Portraits of doubt upon waking: Lindsey had three bottles of wine?!? How is she still alive? To be able to drink that much, she must be a severe alcoholic. No wonder why her behavior is out of control. This is terrible for Mark to be bamboozled into a marriage with an alcoholic.

I'm pretty sure he meant three bottles on the plane, which are single servings.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, princelina said:

IMO Mindy was much prettier than Alyssa.  And I'd take a Chris, whose teeth can be fixed and whose dad bod I wouldn't mind, over that fop Zach with the elaborately round-brush dried hair 🤢 any day!  It would be fun, however, to see Zach shut her down with a 30 minute word salad while she tried to suck up to him 🤣

Clogging the toilet would be an embarrassing accident (one hopes), but confidently farting in bed is a trait it took me 10 years of marriage to acquire, and I still only do it if I'm 99% sure Mr. P is asleep 😄. I think that's the sort of thing like brushing teeth together, or in some past cases using the toilet with the door open, that makes some people feel more intimate and "married" - which I think was Lindsay's point - she was enjoying feeling all chummy and coupley, but he wants to slow down the "lovey dovey" while continuing to have sex and act gross as if they've been married 10 years.  One or the other, buddy.

She’s been drunk since getting dressed for her wedding.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

For the life of me, I'm wondering what exactly Katina is falling in love with?  

I feel like she is in love with his words -- the "God put us here."  "I'm going to love you like no one else..'" 

In my experience, many people "of faith" can be easily swayed by that language...confirmation that they're on the same page. Seems to count for far (far) more than it should.

I've wondered if Olaj is a narcissist, given his intense love-bombing and his attitude at the gym. 

If Afterparty is any indication, when Keisha requested that Katina get Olaj on the phone (to clarify his schtupping of mother and daughter), Olaj answered something like "Hello, my love." Since Afterparty is taped after decision day, wonder if that's an indication that K&O were still together at that point.

Edited by thatsall
  • Love 11
On 2/2/2022 at 6:53 PM, Racj82 said:

Normally I say, have sex when you want to on this show but it generally doesn't work out if the couple are moving too quickly on the honeymoon. They still don't truly know each other. Mark is learning that.

Lindsey was very cruel when she talked about the multiple ways Mark was letting it all hang out in private, including chewing with his mouth open and worse.  That was insulting and bordered on verbal abuse.  If she sees him backing away, this is not a way to get him closer.

I should add having read more of the boards, that I didn't realize they had had sex three times that day.  So I get that she is hurt.  But that was still crass and inappropriate.

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Love 14
29 minutes ago, thatsall said:

In my experience, many people "of faith" can be easily swayed by that language...confirmation that they're on the same page. Seems to count for far (far) more than it should.

I've wondered if Olaj is a narcissist, given his intense love-bombing and his attitude at the gym. 

If Afterparty is any indication, when Keisha requested that Katina get Olaj on the phone (to clarify his schtupping of mother and daughter), Olaj answered something like "Hello, my love." Since Afterparty is taped after decision day, wonder if that's an indication that K&O were still together at that point.

Agreed. Unfortunately it reminds me a little of Chris and Paige. I thought it was interesting that Katina had Olajuwon in her contacts still, seems like a positive sign.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

If Alyssa has a baby, she won’t be the baby anymore.  Taken from the movie Overboard, with Goldi Hawn and Kurt Russel.  Lol.

Omg I laughed so hard at that. One of my favorite movies!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Also, Alyssa is an ugly crier. I love how the camera people film her in the most unflattering light.

It’s definitely not a coincidence they showed several shots of Alyssa’s less than perfect body as she complained about Chris’s dad bod.   

I also couldn’t believe that she told him with a straight face (and pouty attitude) that a psychic had told her that her soul mate would be muscular with a eagle/lion tattoo.   

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, buttersister said:

He banged them separately, at different times. Then picked them up together at the station. Then had to make sure he told the world about it, in front of his new wife. Is he pitching his own post-MAFS reality show? 😂🤣🤮

What grossed me out is that it seemed like Olajuwon was bragging about it in front of his new wife and everyone else.  That was the height of bad taste and low class.  If he had truly changed he would cringe to have people know that stuff.  Unfortunately I don't think Katina will be put off by that, which says something about her too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
16 hours ago, essexjan said:

The way Mark kept repeating himself during the conversation makes me wonder if he was prompted by production to slow things down, or if he genuinely found it difficult to talk about his feelings, had rehearsed what he wanted to say in his head and didn't want (on camera) to deviate from the script.

You are not the only one to wonder about that.  In my house we all wondered if production put Mark up to saying he wanted to slow things down.  I think this show keeps firming up the contracts to make them have to say what production wants them to say when they tell them to say it.  Like there is a script they're sometimes told to follow.  Lindsey was obviously put on the show for drama and if things are going too good between her and Mark she might not provide it so much.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Katina is getting on my nerves. How could she possibly do a workout with 40 pounds of extensions, six inch long nails, and three inch long eyelashes. 

I thought similar about Alyssa.  It's not just that she didn't want to go snorkeling with Chris, it's also that she wouldn't want to get her hair wet and mess up her false eyelashes and eyeliner.  That's the absolute BEST she can look and I'm sure she knows that she would look awful with wet hair with wonky eyelashes.  She was fine with the boarding on the water, because she didn't get wet at all.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Michael and Jasmina are hard to watch. They do not understand each other and cannot communicate. It was very telling that in next week's preview, he says that this is the first time he has seen her smile. That says a lot. He also is putting words in her mouth and is not understanding what she means. When she said she was sorry that he felt that way, and he said that he would accept that as her way of apologizing, I wanted her to scream that she was not apologizing! She was very insistent that she was NOT going to apologize for something she did not believe that she did. If they are having this much trouble communicating now, what happens when they get home and he has to start getting up to go to work at 4? Oh, I didn't see the first part of the show where O and Katina were working out, but why didn't O and Michael work out together?

I think Michael and Jasmina are two sides of the same coin.  Or maybe the same side.  They have similar issues with loss and mistrust and are both engaging in relationship sabotage and gaslighting each other.  She wants to make it his fault so she latched onto what his family said about him going into things with a negative attitude.  But in harping on that SHE becomes the one with a negative attitude!  So they both take turns borrowing trouble that doesn't exist.

Then he wanted to turn the tables on her and make everything her fault so he tells her she cut him off.  I didn't see her cut him off.  Now he's the one looking for problems that don't exist.   At least he was willing to cop to some of what she said about him.  She is never willing to cop to anything and gave him a lame non apology.  Meanwhile is there really anything for either of them to apologize for?  No, but they are both looking to find fault with the other one and are way too touchy about everything.  They are so much alike and a perfect match but one made in HELL.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Katina thinks she's the shit but she's naive if she breaks down in tears over Olajawon's smarmy sales pitch.  I thought she was supposed to be street smart but she bit into his schmoozey line of crap hook line and sinker.  She only knows this guy 3 days and already she knows he's had a checkered past and yet she's STILL buying everything he's selling.  He would have sent my red lights blinking like no tomorrow!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, Intuition said:

Katina thinks she's the shit but she's naive if she breaks down in tears over Olajawon's smarmy sales pitch.  I thought she was supposed to be street smart but she bit into his schmoozey line of crap hook line and sinker.  She only knows this guy 3 days and already she knows he's had a checkered past and yet she's STILL buying everything he's selling.  He would have sent my red lights blinking like no tomorrow!

Poor Katina can't see all the red flag because her skull is crushed under the weight of the extensions. And she's high on nail and eyelash glue. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, princelina said:

7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

She’s been drunk since getting dressed for her wedding.

Right, if it were anyone else I’d agree that he meant the airplane-sized bottles, which would really only be three glasses of wine. But we saw—and Lindsey told us—that she had two full bottles of champagne just in the limo between the hotel and the wedding venue! Plus however much else she had already had at the hotel—and later throughout the wedding reception! This woman drinks an inordinate amount! That’s why Mark, upon hearing they were going to a pina colada-making class immediately said let’s try to take it easy with the drinking. He’s not concerned about 3 glasses of anything—though three is a lot for me and probably for a lot of women. But we’ve seen Lindsey pounding back shocking amounts of alcohol this whole show—and her behavior changes the more she drinks. Honestly, if Mark had the conversation with Lindsey about slowing things down earlier in the day she may have better understood the point he was trying to make that they’re still getting to know each other. But he made the fatal mistake of waiting until evening and after drinks all day and at dinner, when her blood-alcohol content was probably at its highest. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Lindsey had a relationship in which he was a bad drunk.

Lindsey said she was in relationships with engineers, who according to her are terrible people (huh?). Mark was with the alcoholic, I remember thinking during that revelation "Good job, experts, putting him with a drinker!"

8 hours ago, kristen111 said:
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Another words a Garbage Man?

Sounds like he works for the sewer authority. As someone mentioned upthread, I imagine he's doing quite well re: salary & benefits.

6 hours ago, After7Only said:

I also couldn’t believe that she told him with a straight face (and pouty attitude) that a psychic had told her that her soul mate would be muscular with a eagle/lion tattoo.

Don't forget "pretty eyes."

8 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Lindsey was very cruel when she talked about the multiple ways Mark was letting it all hang out in private, including chewing with his mouth open and worse.  That was insulting and bordered on verbal abuse.  If she sees him backing away, this is not a way to get him closer.

If I were Mark I would have said "Well, if I'm that gross you should be happy I want to take things slow."

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Agreed.  But if Jasmina wanted this to work, she would reassure him rather than criticize him when he does so.

Jasmina seems to be stuck on what his sisters told her about him always thinking the worst. I don't think she realizes that she's sabotaging the relationship.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Retired at last said:

As obnoxious and vulgar as O is, he actually didn't have sex with them at the same time. He actually called in to Afterparty to tell all the details. Mother first and about 2 seeks later, the daughter. Apparently when he picked up the mother at the train, the daughter was with him and they both laughed and told him he had passed "the sex test." He said he taught the daughter what he learned from the mother's sex education. All of that wasted time of the other people on the show - and us. I will start recording and then I can FF through anything to do with him.

Yeah, I am just listening to the Afterparty story.  That's definitely much better, still gross, but better.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I've come to realize falling in love is mostly an emotional infatuation drug. Its not what can keep a marriage going through thick and thin (not sex either). It will wear off. You need much better reasons than something ephemeral like falling in love. As people live longer marriages last longer. No one is going to be madly in love with their spouse for 20, 30 maybe even 50 years down the road. Compatibility (digging each other) Attraction (liking each others looks) shared goals and ideals are more reliable indicators. If you fall in love to its a bonus.

YES.

Add sexual infatuation drug to it too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Portraits of doubt upon waking: Lindsey had three bottles of wine?!? How is she still alive? To be able to drink that much, she must be a severe alcoholic. No wonder why her behavior is out of control. This is terrible for Mark to be bamboozled into a marriage with an alcoholic.

Wasn't it three bottles of wine on the airplane? So the little wine bottles.

Edited by Rightside
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

This woman drinks an inordinate amount! That’s why Mark, upon hearing they were going to a pina colada-making class immediately said let’s try to take it easy with the drinking. He’s not concerned about 3 glasses of anything—though three is a lot for me and probably for a lot of women. But we’ve seen Lindsey pounding back shocking amounts of alcohol this whole show—and her behavior changes the more she drinks. Honestly, if Mark had the conversation with Lindsey about slowing things down earlier in the day she may have better understood the point he was trying to make that they’re still getting to know each other. But he made the fatal mistake of waiting until evening and after drinks all day and at dinner, when her blood-alcohol content was probably at its highest. 

Not to defend Lindsey because she's taking the bait, but this show plies them with alcohol at every turn.  Drinks are handed to them everywhere from the moment they say "I do" to every moment they're in a limo., the hotel room, a meal, even pina coladas at the hotel.  That's no accident and I bet it's all paid for by the show and handed to them.  They know it will make Lindsey say and do things to offend people and that's exactly what they want.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, kristen111 said:
12 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Another words a Garbage Man?

Actually, a sewer man.  Move over Art Carney, Olajuwon is here!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

Alyssa doesn't realize she's making Chris more sympathetic with each interaction, and especially when she complains to the producers or in her one-on-ones. I'm not even sure she realized she was being filmed for the one shown last night, considering the angle it was shot at. 

I'm trying to remember if we've ever seen a couple where the guy wasn't into the woman and shut things down right away (or at least fairly quickly)? No one is coming to mind but over the years we've seen the reverse several times -- Alyssa and Chris, Haley and Jacob, Jamie and Doug (although she stuck it out), the couple from the first season of Atlanta who's name escapes me (the guy had dark hair and a dark beard). I've probably overlooked some examples on both sides but I think if a man kept commenting on his bride's figure and teeth there would be even more of a negative response. 

There have been several.  I don’t remember names very well but one was the man with the big hair and Mindy.  He claimed he didn’t like her because she didn’t shower after their travel day on the honeymoon.   There was also the guy who recognized his wife at the altar.  He was some sort of a host of matchmaking events and she had been at one of his events.   She was really blonde and he wanted someone more exotic. He kept accusing her of being an alcoholic.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

I don’t remember names very well but one was the man with the big hair and Mindy.  He claimed he didn’t like her because she didn’t shower after their travel day on the honeymoon

Zach and Mindy, and Mindy said he told her at the wedding (after he’d made a show of proposing to her at the altar) that he wasn’t attracted to her.

• Love 1

I think O and Katina are equally matched on several levels….intelligence and past being two of them.  (Not a compliment, folks).  The way O kept repeating if Katina offered him another woman’s he’d be all in….cringe.  He said it over and over because he’s so hoping for it to happen.  Gross. Real life isn’t a porn movie. 

MTS is embarrassed by Lindsey.  He’s seeing more of her actions plus reading how the others feel about her, and he’s embarrassed. 

Alyssa.  What, is she going to catch cooties if she swims by him?  What a mean loon she is. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

I just watched the conversation between Mark & Lindsey.  Yes, maybe they had sex once or ten times the first night.  He liked what he saw.  After a few days, and about three confrontations between the others, he saw she’s a problem, so wants to pullback with the sex.  She could pull a fast one, go off birth control or whatever, and become pregnant.  Then, he’s up shits creek.  What then?  He’s scared right now, and I don’t blame him.  This is a chance he took, and he’s probably sorry he did this.  Plus, she told the world about his habits.  Not nice.  He has his hands full now, and probably wants to split.  Who knows what she will do now.  Will he trust her and have sex again?  He’d be a fool.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:
On 2/2/2022 at 8:13 PM, spunky said:

Michael needs to stop overthinking and enjoy the moment.

Agreed.  But if Jasmina wanted this to work, she would reassure him rather than criticize him when he does so.

Yes, and did you see the cold way she reacted when he told her about all the loss he's experienced?  If a man told me that the first thing I'd say is, "Oh how horrible for you, my heart goes out to you".  But nooooo, all Jasmina could do was coldly point out that if he dwells on that it could be a problem for their relationship.  She is one cold hearted self-centered bitch, sorry.

Edited by Intuition
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
29 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I just watched the conversation between Mark & Lindsey.  Yes, maybe they had sex once or ten times the first night.  He liked what he saw.  After a few days, and about three confrontations between the others, he saw she’s a problem, so wants to pullback with the sex.  She could pull a fast one, go off birth control or whatever, and become pregnant.  Then, he’s up shits creek.  What then?  He’s scared right now, and I don’t blame him.  This is a chance he took, and he’s probably sorry he did this.  Plus, she told the world about his habits.  Not nice.  He has his hands full now, and probably wants to split.  Who knows what she will do now.  Will he trust her and have sex again?  He’d be a fool.

According to her, the sex was that day wasn't it?

I could understand feeling hurt and confused.  That said, the annoyance factor with her is high. 

I do wonder if it was producer manipulation with the "take things slower" as both MTS and Steven conveniently used those words.  Although like Noi, she was throwing around the love word on camera, although apparently she didn't say it directly to him.  

Maybe both of them are doing the "never felt this way before" stuff to both and that freaked them out.  I mean, even if I did sign up for this show I'd be freaked out hearing someone act as though they are in love, feel love after 3 days.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

O.k.  Now I hear Lindsey say they had sex that morning, afternoon and before dinner.  Then Mark gives her this big speech that they have to slow down?  I give up.  Let them both hang themselves.  What the hell.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I do wonder if it was producer manipulation with the "take things slower" as both MTS and Steven conveniently used those words.  Although like Noi, she was throwing around the love word on camera, although apparently she didn't say it directly to him.  

I wonder if 75% of the show is producer manipulation!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I wonder if 75% of the show is producer manipulation!

Right -- although I believe Alyssa is 100% being real!

I wouldn't be surprised if Noi was encouraged by production "tell him you''re falling in love with him" right after she said that during the confessional.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I feel like she is in love with his words -- the "God put us here."  "I'm going to love you like no one else..'"

Someone may have mentioned this already, but I feel like Olajuwon is trying and failing for the Woody-Amani storyline - former player meets woman of his dreams and is instantly transformed into committed, true love monogamy guy. It’s all role playing. He keeps showing his immaturity and gross “pride of conquest” true colors, but thinks these grand, rehearsed declarations of commitment to Katina are fooling everyone. We’re all supposed to hold our hands over our hearts and “awwwwwww” at how she has already made him a better man. She might be buying it for now, but I’m sure not. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I remember Katina saying he works for the state, and she does retirement for state workers. So he probably makes decent money and has good benefits. He was a terror in the gym, though. Katina was a lot more tolerant than I would've been.

Yes, I wasn't making fun of his job when I posted "Municipal Wastewater Operator."  It's necessary work.  Someone just asked what he did and I posted it. 

• Love 10

Ooh yeah, Mindy and Zach are a good example of the guy not being physically attracted, as well as Kate and Luke. I don't think in either of those cases they were as brutally honest as Alyssa is being, it was just a vague "There's no attraction for me." But Alyssa is really in a class of her own.

• Love 9

Interesting how mature Olaj came off during dinner with Katina when she brought up Lindsey. He calmly shut it down. So mature! Prolly to Kat's benefit too, she gets worked up. You know, Olaj brags on his wife a lot. Kat, not so much, unless it wasn't aired. 🤔

• Love 1

I don't interpret "Municipal Wastewater Operator" as garbage man. I work for a federal agency that manages lots and lots of infrastructure and the people who run our locks and dams and other projects would have a similar title. He likely has an engineering or technical background of some sort and helps keep a plant running.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Nancybeth said:

He likely has an engineering or technical background of some sort and helps keep a plant running.

Yeah, or maybe operates machinery. I imagine it's a good job & probably a tough one to get.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

Edited to add that this Alyssa / Chris situation dragged on for several days at this point and still not one expert has gotten on a video call with them! Why is she being allowed to behave this way towards him?

From last week’s after party:

Spoiler

Alyssa was complaining about Chris making an effort and Keisha said something to the effect “as he was advised to do”.  Made me wonder if they are given this advice from the experts, production or peers; when they are given advice, ie are they counseled before the honeymoon or during; and to your question, why aren’t we shown it????

• Useful 2
  • Love 7