Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: It's Not a Shore Thing

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I don't blame her for not being attracted to Chris, that is perfectly okay, it's just her whole attitude and meanness about the situation.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. She has been absolutely wretched to him. He has been nothing but nice (as far as we have seen) and it almost seems to be making her more irate! Like, the nicer he is, the more pissed she gets. She is so obsessed with not being the bad person here that she has actually become that. It's hilarious hearing her continually insist that she's a nice person while doing something or saying something absolutely heinous. She's like a gift that keeps on giving. She's so bad, I am kind of enjoying the show showing her looking atrocious. I do feel bad for Chris though. He didn't deserve to be saddled with this bitch. I hope he can find a nice lady who doesn't care about teeth or a slightly flabby gut, both of which can be worked on. Alyssa's personality, not so much......

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

This sums up my feelings perfectly. She has been absolutely wretched to him. He has been nothing but nice (as far as we have seen) and it almost seems to be making her more irate! Like, the nicer he is, the more pissed she gets. She is so obsessed with not being the bad person here that she has actually become that. It's hilarious hearing her continually insist that she's a nice person while doing something or saying something absolutely heinous. She's like a gift that keeps on giving. She's so bad, I am kind of enjoying the show showing her looking atrocious. I do feel bad for Chris though. He didn't deserve to be saddled with this bitch. I hope he can find a nice lady who doesn't care about teeth or a slightly flabby gut, both of which can be worked on. Alyssa's personality, not so much......

Yep. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's not that she's not attracted to him, it's that she's an asshole about it. It was the same with Zach and Mindy. He wasn't attracted to her, fine, but he treated her badly, and that's not cool. Alyssa clearly thinks she's too good for Chris and she treats him like shit. Storming out of the airport without him is just bad manners. Bursting into tears at the thought of swimming next to him is ridiculous. She was laughing AT him during the paddle boarding, not with him. Acting like he's done anything to her is ridiculous - he's MUCH nicer than I would be in his situation, and he's trying harder than she deserves. I hope he calls her on her shit some more in the upcoming episode.

Even her mother was like "You're acting like an asshole," and you know Alyssa tried her hardest to make it seem like she was the hero of the story and Chris was the villain.

I feel bad for Chris too. In addition to the meanness from Alyssa, tt's also unkind of the editors to keep showing his bad teeth over and over and replaying Alyssa saying bad teeth are a deal-breaker. That probably stings to watch.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Even her mother was like "You're acting like an asshole," and you know Alyssa tried her hardest to make it seem like she was the hero of the story and Chris was the villain.

I think mom has her number - she knows what she's like. I felt like Alyssa's mom knew Chris wasn't Alyssa's type when she met Chris for breakfast before the honeymoon, but she could see that Chris is a nice guy and was hopeful her daughter would give it a try. I hope her mom tells her "I told you so" when Alyssa comes crying home about how it's so unfair how she's being portrayed.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Yep. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's not that she's not attracted to him, it's that she's an asshole about it. It was the same with Zach and Mindy. He wasn't attracted to her, fine, but he treated her badly, and that's not cool. Alyssa clearly thinks she's too good for Chris and she treats him like shit. Storming out of the airport without him is just bad manners. Bursting into tears at the thought of swimming next to him is ridiculous. She was laughing AT him during the paddle boarding, not with him. Acting like he's done anything to her is ridiculous - he's MUCH nicer than I would be in his situation, and he's trying harder than she deserves. I hope he calls her on her shit some more in the upcoming episode.

I feel bad for Chris too. In addition to the meanness from Alyssa, tt's also unkind of the editors to keep showing his bad teeth over and over and replaying Alyssa saying bad teeth are a deal-breaker. That probably stings to watch.

So true. She’s a dickhead. I cant stand her. She had a terrible attitude and she should never have signed up for this show. 

• Love 3
On 2/4/2022 at 10:12 PM, Elizzikra said:

Or a lady.

I don't think this is the same thing as a garbage man or a sanitation engineer. I'm stuck on the wastewater piece. I think he works at a wastewater treatment plant. From my friend google, "Wastewater treatment plant and system operators remove pollutants from domestic and industrial waste. Used water, also known as wastewater, travels through sewer pipes to treatment plants where it is treated and either returned to streams, rivers, and oceans, or used for irrigation." Evidently it's a fairly in demand job that can pay well and provide a steady career.

My late husband was an engineer who designed and implemented wastewater plants for municipalities.  He was also a VP of his company.  Your description is accurate.  If and when he was questioned about his position, his stock answer was "It may be s**t to you, but it's bread and butter to me."  Wastewater engineers/operators make a fine salary.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Can we please not equate body weight to health? I'm getting really uncomfortable with the direction this thread is taking.

Do you disagree that Jasmine was unhealthy?  She had a hard time walking and was breathing hard.  Someone said Jasmine was not heavier.  I just disagreed with that. She was heavier. Not that there is anything wrong with different body types. I know guys who like heavy women. 

1 hour ago, Gator Stud said:

Do you disagree that Jasmine was unhealthy?  She had a hard time walking and was breathing hard.  Someone said Jasmine was not heavier.  I just disagreed with that. She was heavier. Not that there is anything wrong with different body types. I know guys who like heavy women. 

I'm saying that thin doesn't necessarily equal fit/healthy, and fat doesn't necessarily equal unfit/unhealthy. I'm not going to comment on Jasmine's body size or state of health. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Jasmine could barely walk. And would not reveal her body when swimming.  She was heavy. Amani was not really thin but not overweight.  Jasmine body weight was unhealthy.

You obviously haven't seen her Instagram where she has posted photos in bathing suits and cute form fitting outfits proving that she is not as heavy as you are saying she is.  She is a pear shape meaning she carries her weight in her rear and thighs, but IMO in general she carries it in a very attractive way.  And no way could she "barely walk".  

IMO she is more in shape than Chris or Mark from this season.  She doesn't have fat rolls in her midsection.  She has curves in very appropriate places and a very defined waist.  

If she is a size 14 it's only because of the way she carries her weight.  And BTW the average woman in the US is a size 14 and something like 68% of women are a size 14 or above.  Size 14 is not that big.  It's not even a plus size.  I currently wear a 16 but I'm 63.  I wore a size 14 before the pandemic and was definitely not unhealthy and unable to walk.  I am also a pear shape, BTW.

Let's not forget that the camera adds 10-15 pounds.  Even Mark and Chris look thinner in person but still the way they carry their weight is IMO more unattractive than the way Jasmine carries hers.

BTW, I posted some photos of her from her Instagram on the Social Media thread.

• Love 8
On 2/4/2022 at 11:55 AM, Empress1 said:

My former colleague was (I assume she still is) married to a sanitation worker. Pretty good money, very good benefits, secure, and as you say, we need them. There have been delays in garbage pickup due to COVID and everybody notices how much we need sanitation workers then. Not everybody wants to sit in an office all day. 

True! I’ve always thought of garbage collectors (and probably municipal wastewater operators) as civilization’s unsung hero’s. 

• Love 4
On 2/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Well, we had Zach and Mindy...Zach wasted no time telling Mindy he was "struggling" with the lack of attraction, and he refused to move into the shared apartment with her. Then there was Luke and Kate...Luke slept with Kate on several occasions and then hid out in the bathroom puking because sex with her repulsed him so much. And Nick who screamed to the camera about never being attracted to Sonia, but who also slept with her, and made her keep it a secret from everyone. Matt told everyone after the season that he was never attracted to Amber but it didn't stop the dirtbag from doing the deed.

Let's not forget the infamous Chris and Paige. He told her to her face that her looks turned him off but......let's keep having sex and bootie calls when ever I want....

• Love 1