Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: It's Not a Shore Thing

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

100x this

There’s an intensity and a controlling nature (the way he was acting during the workout was a HUGE turnoff; if he were my trainer I’d fire him) that I find really unappealing with Olajuwon.

1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

Olajawon kept shaking his head ‘no’ as he constantly love bombed Katina.  Body language doesn’t lie and I worry Katina is in for a world of hurt.  And, for someone who claims he is over his slutty ways he certainly likes to relive those days loudly, often, and with strangers who understandably cringe at his man whoring.  What a douche.

The group’s faces when he revealed, unprompted, that he slept with a mother and daughter were funny. Noi was disgusted.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Did Olajawon really say he banged a mother and her daughter at a train station? Please tell me I  heard wrong. That's just gross and if Katina had an ounce of self respect she would run. 

6 hours ago, buttersister said:

He banged them separately, at different times. Then picked them up together at the station. Then had to make sure he told the world about it, in front of his new wife. Is he pitching his own post-MAFS reality show? 😂🤣🤮

The point of his story was ... he was taking revenge on the family because his brother(?) had been involved with another member (male) of the family, so he decided to get back at him by sleeping with the guy's mom.  Then a month later, he hooked up with the daughter.   After that, the mom called Olajuwon and asked if he could pick her up at the train station and give her a ride home. When he got there, the daughter was with her.  So he tried to make conversation to keep them from spilling the beans about having been with him. When he dropped them off, they both patted him on the shoulder and told him he had passed their "sex education" class.  I think he was saying that he got as played by them as he intended to play them.  🤪 

However, that story would bother me if I was newly married to him.  But that's just me.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

The point of his story was ... he was taking revenge on the family because his brother(?) had been involved with another member (male) of the family, so he decided to get back at him by sleeping with the guy's mom.  Then a month later, he hooked up with the daughter.   After that, the mom called Olajuwon and asked if he could pick her up at the train station and give her a ride home. When he got there, the daughter was with her.  So he tried to make conversation to keep them from spilling the beans about having been with him. When he dropped them off, they both patted him on the shoulder and told him he had passed their "sex education" class.  I think he was saying that he got as played by them as he intended to play them.  🤪 

However, that story would bother me if I was newly married to him.  But that's just me.  

And Olajuwan thought this was a good story to tell? Way to make a good impression on your new wife and new friends (well, except for LIndsay and Alyssa). 

I don't imagine the mother-daughter family was too happy to have this story told on national tv either.  If his move was a revenge move, this could provoke another revenge move.

Just messy and awkward conversation.

I really hate these never have i ever questions - they seem to always point out the worst things about people.

• Love 16

Olajuwan sure cannot read a room can he?  The reaction from pretty much everyone on the boat would have stopped anyone else from continuing the line of conversation.  But not Olajuwan.  I too thought why not a threesome with another MAN.  

With last season's picks and now this ill-fated group, can we stop calling the Experts............experts?

• Love 13

I just watched the Afterparty. Lindsey said she was triggered by Katina "coming for her" at the airport. Katina told her that O is a Black man she is a White woman,  the minute she said she wanted to fight him , it was now her job as his wife to step in. Keisha shut Lindsey all the way down by telling her ,that she is not a Black woman so she would never understand that culturally there are some things that can not be said. She further explained to her that her screaming certain things in public especially in a crowded place,  can place a Black man in harm's way. "That's the underlying issue that Katina isn't mentioning." Lindsey was silent after that. 

I was temporarily on Lindsey's side about the dinner with Mark. He was wrong for having sex with her, then deciding that he wants to slow down. 

It seems like Katina and Alyssa are friends. She said Alyssa is not handling the situation correctly,  but she has a good heart. 

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

Alyssa 🤣

I think Alyssa sounds just like Angelina from the Jersey Shore. Same voice and whininess. 

It is funny how much personality affects looks. I found Alyssa to be really pretty in the first episode before I knew her. Now I find her face to be very unattractive. It's like the movie Shallow Hal. 

Is Chris gorgeous? No. But he's certainly not the beast she is making him out to be. He's not bad looking at all. Instead of wasting your time complaining about the person you were matched with, spend some time wondering why your past relationships haven't worked out for you and maybe get to know him before writing him off. God, she is repulsive. And her fake lashes are hideous.

Edited to add that I don't mind dad bods. I don't find "ripped" bodies on guys to be hot. I like a little meat.

Edited by Jax7917
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think Noi takes relationships too fast in general, with her meeting international guys online and flying to see them. She needs to let the guy do some of the work, but I think they’ll be alright. 
Michael is just too complicated for me. Maybe he just has the male version of RBF, but he always looks annoyed. 
I seriously doubt Olajuwon’s “Issac” is gone since he sure seems to brag and celebrate how much of a player he was. He does have really good in

I think Noi has been around .. plenty with men.  Now she’s anxious to settle down.  ASAP.  Steve, although married looks like he’s thinking everything over.  They don’t have much in common.  He likes camping and the outdoors.  Her, not so much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Thank you. I missed all that detail. It's hard to understand Olijawan. He mumbles. Like a used car salesman, I assume everything he says is either an exaggeration or outright lie.  I don't understand why he publicly  told that disgusting story to his bride of three days. Even stranger, Katina didn't flinch, like it was a normal story. The two seem a perfect match in the sleeze category. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Rightside said:

Alyssa doesn't want to go swimming with Chris.

She just wants to play in the sandbox alone by her five year old self.

Yeah, she's like " I don't want to swim next to him", as if they'd be having sex. I swim an inch away from strangers when i'm in the pool or ocean. Wtf is wrong with this girl?

• Love 21
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Why does Mark want to slow down, he jumped into having sex with Lindsey already. 

Maybe the sex wasn’t that great.  She probably didn’t even know what was goin on, as she drinks so much. Lol.  To tell the truth, if I was a guy, I’d be afraid to sleep with her.  She’s a bit cray cray.  I wouldn’t even want to be married to her.  She looks dangerous.  He sees it already, and is pulling back, and it’s only a few days.  He did a good thing sticking up for her, now he’s having second thoughts.  He knows he’d be getting her out of trouble forever, and just came to the realization.  He looks scared and wants out.

Edited by kristen111
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, essexjan said:

Wow, the producers really hate Alyssa, don't they! She must have pissed them off royally to get such a bad edit.  That, or there isn't anything other than footage of her bitching and moaning (which is highly likely). 

Of course production is pissed. She voluntarily entered into a contract to get married and give them 8 weeks of content for the TV show. But she won't even sit with Chris and try to have a normal adult conversation. She's in breach of contact. Chris seems like one of the less creepy guys on the show. There have been far worse. One of her big gripes is he'stoo ambitiousand works too hard. How horrible ( lol). I hope Chris has told his lawyer to prepare annulment or divorce papers to file when they return to Boston. 

• Love 18

It looked like they let Alyssa keep the suite and gave Chris the regular room. She should have been given the regular room since they required the extra room because of her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Katina's voice is hard on my ears.  

Jasmina said Michael cut her off, but I didn't see that.  How was he aggressive?

She definitely didn't cut him off.  I think he has a chip on his shoulder. 

Edited by Shauna
pronouns mixed up
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, rlc said:

It looked like they let Alyssa keep the suite and gave Chris the regular room. She should have been given the regular room since they required the extra room because of her.

But then she WOULDN'T BE HAPPY!! And she's literally the nicest person EVER. To EVERYONE!
🤮🤮🤮

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

The Shark is done.  He can’t take her already.  He wants to go slow, so she takes it the wrong way of course.  Finito.  It will never work.

Go slow?  Per Lindsey, they had sex three times that day before that "romantic" dinner.  I wouldn't call that going slow, Mark.

12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

@Empress1 thanks! I had to let the dogs out and can’t pause on my streaming device. I’ll have to watch it on demand. Yikes! 

This is worth re-watching.  Alyssa is literally throwing a tantrum.  Good stuff, I'm telling you, good stuff. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, puppytoes said:

Alyssa really should have shut her mouth about Chris’s body.  She was standing there with her double chin and gut sticking out watching him swim.  I can’t stand her.  

Wasn't it ironic, I thought, as I watching her shitting on Chris's body, and I couldn't take my eyes off her gut and poor posture. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 9

There was just so much going on last night on the show.  I always tape it, so watch again to hear everything.  It’s hard to watch and post at the same time.  Ojawan or whoever talks so fast, you can’t hear what he is saying half the time

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rlc said:

I think it is the other way around. Chris had the suite.

Alyssa's room had two beds. Chris had the room with one bed. I remember when she went down the hall in her wedding dress.

She is going to demand her own apt when they move in the apt building!

Edited by Rightside
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

There was just so much going on last night on the show.  I always tape it, so watch again to hear everything.  It’s hard to watch and post at the same time.  Ojawan or whoever talks so fast, you can’t hear what he is saying half the time

To make sure I don't miss anything, I turn the Captions on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

One of her big gripes is he'stoo ambitiousand works too hard. How horrible ( lol).

Sounds like that answer people give to the stupid "what is your biggest weakness" question during a job interview.

1 hour ago, Shauna said:

He definitely didn't cut her off.  I think he has a chip on his shoulder. 

It was the opposite, he accused her of cutting him off.

• Love 8

Thanks for getting me caught up. I missed about half of the show, but it doesn't sound like I need to watch it.

First, it pained me to agree with Lindsey, but if my husband had told me that he had planned a romantic dinner for me and then said he wanted to slow things down, I would be pissed, too. Her reactions, though, were OTT and her calling him names to the camera when he left the room may come back to bite her, since that is the type of thing they love to show on Afterparty. Mark looked pretty scared when he was trying to get his point across, like he already knows how crazy she is.

I don't think Noi is short for Noizy. I think it is short for anoiying. She seems very immature and if it is production asking her to ask all those stupid rating questions, which it probably is, it is awful. It looks like Steve is going to get the "I am not ready to say I love you" story this time.  She does seem to be all in too soon and she needs to live in the moment.

Alyssa is amazing (not a compliment). I sure hope they send her home soon and put Chris (and us) out of our collective misery. He seems so lost and it really isn't fair to him. I hated still seeing her in the scenes for next week crying about how it isn't her fault and she is the nicest person ever to have been born. It didn't seem that the rest of the group bought that line.

Still definitely NOT a fan of Olajawon, which is fine because he loves himself enough for everyone. The stories he loves to tell are awful. We get it - you've had a lot of sex with a lot of people. Yippee. But that was the old Isaac (is that a thing now that people who do not have identity disorders give themselves other names? Was that all because of Beyonce?) and not this newly married gift to his queen. I think he is way more than Katina wants to handle (don't blame her), but at the end, it looks like she was given the script that they gave Myrla. "Get choked up about finding the perfect man for you and thank the show for making it happen and cry because you are just so very happy." I don't like her that much either and think she jumps to get angry way too fast. She isn't going to let the whole Lindsey thing drop. But, I also have never been a fan of group honeymoons.

Michael and Jasmina are hard to watch. They do not understand each other and cannot communicate. It was very telling that in next week's preview, he says that this is the first time he has seen her smile. That says a lot. He also is putting words in her mouth and is not understanding what she means. When she said she was sorry that he felt that way, and he said that he would accept that as her way of apologizing, I wanted her to scream that she was not apologizing! She was very insistent that she was NOT going to apologize for something she did not believe that she did. If they are having this much trouble communicating now, what happens when they get home and he has to start getting up to go to work at 4? Oh, I didn't see the first part of the show where O and Katina were working out, but why didn't O and Michael work out together?

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I don’t think they’ll make it that far.

1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

One of her big gripes is he'stoo ambitiousand works too hard.

In fairness, this can be something people screen for when they look for a life partner. Some people are willing to have a spouse who is never home, and some aren’t. If Chris were hot, though, I don’t think Alyssa would complain.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I think it is the other way around. Chris had the suite.

Alyssa's room had two beds. Chris had the room with one bed. I remember when she went down the hall in her wedding dress.

They've had separate beds this whole time. I think production did that to try and appease her but she won't even sleep in the same room as him so he had to get another room. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Regarding Katina, I think it's her nose. It's creating an issue where I only find her the most attractive from certain angles.

Well I figured out my end!  This morning I watched the After Party and Katina was on. She had her hair in braids all pulled back so you could see her face and she was lovely!

It’s that long hair hanging and hiding her face I don’t find flattering. 

I’m guessing she thinks it’s sexy!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

Go slow?  Per Lindsey, they had sex three times that day before that "romantic" dinner.  I wouldn't call that going slow, Mark.

This is worth re-watching.  Alyssa is literally throwing a tantrum.  Good stuff, I'm telling you, good stuff. 

Three times!  Wow and now he wants to back up a bit!

Shame on you Mark the Shark and I thought I liked you back when you calmed down the crowd with your wise words!

Lindsays been hurt with people leaving her now this on her honeymoon when she thought she was falling in love!

Wow!

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Oh, I didn't see the first part of the show where O and Katina were working out, but why didn't O and Michael work out together?

O wanted to work out with Katina and push her hard and obnoxiously as a test to see how she'd react.  Lucky girl passed his test!  🙄  Then later he said that he felt like she passed another test when she stood up for him while he wasn't around.  I don't love Katina, but him having this attitude sucks and I feel badly for her.

• Love 16

I've been thinking about the really BAD PEOPLE on the last few seasons... I mean, Gaslighting Chris (married to Paige) was THE WORST.... until Disgusting Johnny (married to Bao), who became the WORST.... until.... Alyssa. Who wins THE WORST EVER.

There were some Bad Folks in earlier seasons... Sean and Davia, Neil and Sam, Matt and Amber, Luke and Kate, Heather and Derek (shout out to this article for helping me with names)... but the show has really stepped up its game in finding whackadoodles who demonstrate with their every breath why they are single. Alyssa is worse than Johnny, who I thought couldn't be topped.  I wish they would stop rewarding her with airtime, but I guess that's the ratings game. Yuck.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

One of her big gripes is he's too ambitious and works too hard. How horrible ( lol)

Alyssa definitely invented what sounded like more plausible reasons for saying they're incompatible after the event (works too much, different hobbies, etc.). Before she walked down the aisle, she said that if he had snaggle teeth, she was done. He has snaggle teeth, and she was done the second he opened his mouth and smiled at her as she arrived in front of the officiant. Now she's just trying to find excuses to make herself not look like the bad person, but it's way too late for that, she just keeps digging the hole deeper and deeper every time she opens her mouth.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Why does Mark want to slow down, he jumped into having sex with Lindsey already. 

He couldn't even explain what he meant! Just talked in circles & said nothing! What a fool! But hey, sex is just sex! That's not fast, fast, fast! 😂 He needed a break, he should've said he was going for a walk later to recharge. That's it. It sounds like he tells the guys one thing & her another. WHY doesn't he want to be "lovey dovey"? Because he doesn't want to make her think they're good?

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

Noi is stupid for running & telling Steve she's falling in love with him. I'm sorry. It's the 3rd day, don't be ridiculous! WHAT did she expect? Him to say he was too? Girl, STOP! Guys are LOGICAL & they don't even think about "falling in love" like that. She better appreciate his honesty, that was a surprising declaration. Hopefully she learned her lesson & won't run & tell him she's in love with him when she believes she is.

• Love 5

Alyssa's mom was trying to save her!!! She knew she would look awful! She really knows best! Too bad her daughter's an idiot! 😂😂 So she gets upset cuz her mom didn't support her antics & cries like a baby & has production keep her husband away. So she looks even worse. She's doing great! 🙃

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Sounds like that answer people give to the stupid "what is your biggest weakness" question during a job interview.

It was the opposite, he accused her of cutting him off.

Yes, that's what I meant.  Thanks. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’m not crazy about these long black eyelashes on everyone.  Are they on forever? Or what.

Between those stupid spider lashes and the overblown lips?  I can't take it anymore.  (says me with a smidge of lipstick and nothing more).

• Love 5

Michael started the day ALL THE WAY WRONG!!! First off, giving his wife coffee the way HE drinks it..😒 2nd he said he would have liked for them to have made more progress in their connection... by the THIRD DAY?!!?!!! WTF was his wording? Is he a teacher? Is he giving a progress report?! WTF?! He wishes they were more connected... so WHAT IS HE DOING ABOUT IT?!! SO BIZARRE!!! WEIRDO! That contributed NOTHING! He said a "problem" & that he thinks is cuz he's not talkative, so "why" & that's it? HUH?!! SOLVE YOUR MADE UP PROBLEM! That sounded like something he needed to resolve within himself! DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT!!!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

That was a stupid conversation. How did he expect Lindsey to react to his slow down talk. You're married, it's a little too late for that. He should get together with Alyssa because neither one of them have a chin.  I don't like Mark any more than I like Lindsey. 

Katina and Jasmina are beautiful, all the others are unfortunate looking and have personalities to match. Must be real slim pickins out there for candidates. 

Noi acts like a high schooler. Alyssa is unhinged. Even her mother has her number. 

• Love 8

When Chris was diving (which she refused to do)

ACE is such a pill!

I did SNUBA a couple years ago. I like to swim and I have no problem being underwater but it did give me a little bit of a panic attack. It's not difficult, exactly it's just a different way to breathe. I wouldn't have blamed ACE if she had said she didn't want to do this because it sort of freaked out, but instead, her "I don't want to be next to him" was just over the top assholery.

Didn't anyone pack sunscreen? They are all sunburned. It makes my face hurt!

• Love 9

For those of you not watching the after show or whatever it's called, you're really missing out.  Lots of good stuff there. I fast forward through the clips.  The show is tons better now that Jamie is out and Keshia Night Pulliam is in.  But are they filming the shows one right after another as she is wearing the same thing in all of them.  Am I wrong??  Either way, she's good.  Jamie, with her clothes that were too small and extensions that were too long, was a distraction.  Add to that her over the top expressions and enthusiasm, glad she's gone.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Now I'm beginning to wonder if Jasmina is gaslighting Michael like Alyssa is gaslighting Chris because they're simply not attracted to their husbands.

I don't think Chris is being deceived. She's let him know every opportunity she is repulsed by him and has no intention of getting past appearances to find something deeper. Again its like someone who plays strip poker...then gets cold feet when its there turn to strip. She feels no obligation to treat him with some respect. Basically she is a brat. She didn't get her way and is pouting.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Does Mark the Shark really fart in bed with his new bride and plug up the toilet!  That Lyndsey really goes for the juggler doesn't she.

From the previews, I thought she was saying some phrase/saying I'd never heard, I didn't think she was referencing things he'd actually done! WOAH! 😅😂

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I don't think Chris is being deceived. She's let him know every opportunity she is repulsed by him and has no intention of getting past appearances to find something deeper. Again its like someone who plays strip poker...then gets cold feet when its there turn to strip. She feels no obligation to treat him with some respect. Basically she is a brat. She didn't get her way and is pouting.

But she wants him to think that he's the problem and it's his fault, not hers.   Fortunately, he's not buying it even though he's being nice to her.    

• Love 6

I want to know WHY Michael chose to be a bitch baby & bring up Jasmina cutting him off the next morning?!! If he had more to say, he could've "interrupted" her right back or continued speaking after her. NO BIG DEAL! He didn't really think she intentionally jumped in to stop him from talking! She DIDN'T know he wasn't done speaking! That's what she could've apologized for: UNKNOWINGLY INTERRUPTING HIM. Not that BS "sorry you felt that way." Not that, that's your perception, this is mine crap! WHY did he make it an argument? He was the 1st to handle it wrong. Jasmina's lucky he wasn't petty & hit her with the "sorry you felt that way" about her issue with how he talked to her about it. He owned it & apologized appropriately. She was wrong for saying she wouldn't apologize the way he wanted. Uh, she should! It's for him! & she was wrong for being closed-minded about his "accusation." If the man said he wasn't finished speaking, apologize & say you'll do better next time & let her know if she does it again at that time. Simple. Ain't it interesting how she was closed-minded to his saying she cut him off, yet he agreed he addresses it wrong? And she refused to apologize acceptably & he apologized approximately & promised to work on it? He started wrong by not addressing it then, but finished right. She was all wrong & stayed wrong.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Anyone with commonsense wouldn't share that story or even bring it up. I'd never admit to my wife I cheated on someone even if I did. What point would that be to plant doubt so early?

• Love 7
16 hours ago, spunky said:

Lindsey is constantly on 100, Mark wants her to bring it down a notch. He's probably exhausted.

I think he has her number already and is starting to check out little by little.  He knows he will have to fight her battles for her for life.  She is uncontrollable and a hazard .  He doesn’t need that nonsense.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, kikicat said:

I feel bad for him. OK, the marriage is no go. She could chat with him like a friend, relax and get to know him a little. Enjoy the vacation. Be pleasant. Show some grace. At the very least, treat him with the kindness she'd show a rescue dog.

Exactly!  

Alyssa has made her disappointment in Chris' appearance all about him being the "bad guy" yet she can't list one bad thing he has done.   He has not done anything bad.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 12