Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: It's Not a Shore Thing

• Start Topic

On 2/2/2022 at 7:35 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Lol at the poop talk. It’s a real concern for some of us (me). The first overnight get away poop Can be daunting. 😫

Lol. I always get vacation constipation. 

Poor Mark. Lindsey embarrassed him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 2/4/2022 at 3:20 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I bet that her drinking led to the breakdown of her relationship with her mother. She probably verbally abused her mom during a drunk moment, her mother was offended, told Lindsey never to speak to her like that again, get some help with the drinking problem or she (Mother Lindsey) won’t have anything to do with her.

Maybe Mother Lindsay is a loud mouthed, obnoxious drunk too!

20 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Lol just reading comments about MTS and I thought that guy had a busy day!

Sex three times, plugged up the toilet, fart party then broke up with his wife at the fancy dinner he arranged!

He’s quite the guy!

Wasn't that the same day as the group boat trip too?  😂😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I like Katina’s deeper voice, but that could be because I sound like Mindy Kaling and have always longed for a Deborah Winger or Kathleen Turner whiskey and chocolates voice.  That said, watching her and Olijawon is like watching two dummy dumbs on a Jersey Shore show.   He is so not marriage material.  Pretty sure she’s wearing a center part lacefront wig or extensions with a top unit with a natural part.

Alyssa literally needs to be sent home.  No way she should get a free vacation. I’m also bitter about not having a real vacation in so long.

That was mean to go after Mark’s pooping.  I don’t know what the water flow situation is at the hotel.  Maybe those goldfish had a lot of fiber.  I’m actually envious he could go in a new place and with a stranger spouse nearby.  BUT after watching the after show, I get why Lindsey was mad though I don’t trust her narrative fully at this point.

I still don’t get the Jasmina/Michael drama.  I wish they had all the footage.

• Love 5

On the episode with the wedding dress shopping and bachelorette parties, as I recall, Lindsey was drinking alcohol in every single scene. If I remember that incorrectly, then it was almost every scene. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

That was mean to go after Mark’s pooping.  I don’t know what the water flow situation is at the hotel.  Maybe those goldfish had a lot of fiber.  I’m actually envious he could go in a new place and with a stranger spouse nearby.  BUT after watching the after show, I get why Lindsey was mad though I don’t trust her narrative fully at this point.

Agree.  She was asked when the last time they had sex before that dinner.  She said, "that morning".  When she got a reaction she said, "and that afternoon", then another reaction, then "right before dinner".  Why not just say "right before dinner"?  

• Love 7
On 2/4/2022 at 2:53 PM, Crashcourse said:

I shudder to think what private things Lindsey would bring up once she's drunk.  Farting and pooping are just the tip of the iceberg.  

She is petty as fuck along with her other unpleasant traits. I don't blame her for being upset after feeling blindsided like that but she was just being vindictive as hell. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 2/3/2022 at 1:08 PM, Lindz said:

He started wrong by not addressing it then, but finished right. She was all wrong & stayed wrong.

Re: Jasmina & Michael....I do not agree that she was "all wrong" because she really had not cut him off I the sex conversation. I do agree that she ended wrong 

On 2/3/2022 at 3:18 PM, LakeGal said:

ACE kept following Katina around.  It was funny.  I guess that is why Katina now sticks up for her.  

An enemy of my enemy is my friend.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:19 PM, Lindz said:

Every man with an eagle tattoo should get rid it RIGHT NOW!!! 😂😂

Interestingly, it was revealed on Afterparty that Alyssa's psychic actually said her husband would have a LION  tattoo. When they all noticed that Steve has  lion tattoo on his chest, they all started teasing him about it, which upset Noi. To appease Noi, they changed the narrative and said that it was actually a EAGLE tattoo.

On 2/3/2022 at 6:06 PM, Nancybeth said:

I'm trying to remember if we've ever seen a couple where the guy wasn't into the woman and shut things down right away (or at least fairly quickly)? No one is coming to mind but over the years we've seen the reverse several times 

Zach & Mindy

Sonia & ____

Kate & Luke 

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 3

I am trying to make sense of the eagle /lion tattoo story. 

If the psychic did say it would be a lion and all that went on with Steve having a lion so it was changed to eagle, does it highlight to anyone else ( besides me) that this reality show is way way way way way way way more scripted and contrived than they would have us believe? 

• Love 7

WHAT is Chris doing? He says he thinks she's completely out, then says they're probably good on paper like he's actually gunna try & make it work. If he thinks she's gaslighting him, why is he apologizing & still spending time with her? He should let it go & leave her alone. He's giving her the power & she's making him look stupid. What is he thinking? 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Lindz said:

WHAT is Chris doing? He says he thinks she's completely out, then says they're probably good on paper like he's actually gunna try & make it work. If he thinks she's gaslighting him, why is he apologizing & still spending time with her? He should let it go & leave her alone. He's giving her the power & she's making him look stupid. What is he thinking? 

Personally I think this situation is producer driven. 

Just like that goofy Chris and what’s her name a few seasons back!  Paige!

• Love 4

So much talk about Lindsay and drinking. I don't think she was drunk necessarily. She was possibly socially lubricated and just being HERSELF. This is how she seems to be. 200% at all times. Mark mis spoke about not being "lovey dovey" anymore and scaling back.  He got some feedback from the men at the beach, no doubt . Lindsay told him about Katina after the beach day. Mark was startled by her ways and yes he wants to scale back but didn't communicate effectively.  He's intimidated by her. She had a biting reply to him after and I can not say it wasn't a clever retort. "How far back do you want to go" indeed. "Ask me for a date." Yup.  He was not wrong in his feelings only in his delivery. 

I'm team Jasmina. I'm team Chris. Alyssa please change your heart. I don't care much about the other 2 couples.  Not interesting yet.

• Love 5

WTF is Alyssa doing?!!! She's not interested in talking to or getting to know Chris. She's showing up for their activities & participating in whatever she wants to. She's fine hanging out with the other couples & wives. WHAT IS SHE DOING?!! She's decided he's not her match, so then what? Why are they even there? I really wanna know wtf she's thinking. Such a bizarre situation. I hope they say they want a divorce soon.

• Love 8
On 2/2/2022 at 9:25 PM, Crashcourse said:

Katina's voice is hard on my ears.  

Jasmina said Michael cut her off, but I didn't see that.  How was he aggressive?

I didn’t see a lot of things.  Too many things on one after another.  I think I saw two after parties, as Keisha had on two different blouses in one night.

21 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I agree, and for all of Jephte's faults, I think he's really funny.  Witty. Clever.  But he still shouldn't cheat on his wife.  

I don’t get that arrangement at all.  She seems to love him, and he seems to not. He just wants the child to have two present parents.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

He got some feedback from the men at the beach, no doubt . Lindsay told him about Katina after the beach day. Mark was startled by her ways and yes he wants to scale back but didn't communicate effectively.  He's intimidated by her.

EXACTLY.  He heard from the other guys what they thought of her and how they couldn't stand to be with her for ten minutes much less be married to her and on and on, and what I think he wanted to say wasn't that THEY needed to dial back but that SHE needed to ASAP.  

I think Mark is a decent guy.  I find him to be the kind of guy that would give it awhile and watch and observe Lindsey, like say at least until after the honeymoon, before he started commenting on what he doesn't like about her.  What he said to her...it came out so wrong.  I just don't think he meant to say it that way.

I've worked with engineers before.  I can't see ANY electrical or mechanical  engineer being able to stand her for more than 5 minutes, much less go out on a date with her.  They are very detailed, very focused, their brains don't comprehend illogic. They would not be able to deal with her loudness and dramatics. 

Couples share their disgusting personal habits with others TEN YEARS after they've been married and can laugh it off.....but even then they wouldn't want it broadcast on national TV.  If Lindsay feels hurt by someone, she will reveal the most humiliating, embarrassing, and shameful thing about that person in front of everyone just to hurt back.  This is what a child does.  This is what we would all do except we have parents and adults we respect that drill it into our heads from the time we are little that words can hurt sometimes more than a knife to the heart, and be careful what you say because sometimes, no matter how sorry you are for your actions, the person you hurt might never forgive you.  

• Love 11
21 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Agree.  She was asked when the last time they had sex before that dinner.  She said, "that morning".  When she got a reaction she said, "and that afternoon", then another reaction, then "right before dinner".  Why not just say "right before dinner"?  

I thought she meant they had sex 3 times, the second being that afternoon and the third being later in the evening right before dinner.  But what do I know, LOL.  🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I didn’t see a lot of things.  Too many things on one after another.  I think I saw two after parties, as Keisha had on two different blouses in one night.

The Afterparty before the show is a repeat from the week before.  The one at 11:00 p.m. is the new one.

7 minutes ago, JapMo said:

f Lindsay feels hurt by someone, she will reveal the most humiliating, embarrassing, and shameful thing about that person in front of everyone just to hurt back.  This is what a child does.  This is what we would all do except we have parents and adults we respect that drill it into our heads from the time we are little that words can hurt sometimes more than a knife to the heart, and be careful what you say because sometimes, no matter how sorry you are for your actions, the person you hurt might never forgive you.  

I think we know now what her father was talking about when he said "her words can be vicious".

If I were in Mark's position it would be "game over" after something like that.  She humiliated him in front of millions of people, and not by accident either.  It was an intentional knife to the heart.

• Love 13
On 2/5/2022 at 5:30 PM, greeneyedscorpio said:

This! Why is anyone believing Lindsey that they had sex 3 times that day?! The way she answered the question made it so unbelievable because she kept changing (adding to) her answer little by little in search of a reaction.

BTW, I also think it was Lindsey that told Noi about Alyssa & the lion tattoo. Lindsey was so eager to tell the tattoo story on After Party. Katina didn't even know about it. Lindsey said she learned about Alyssa & the lion tattoo from one of Chris' groomsmen (?), which is strange because how/when did she talk to Chris' groomsmen, but Lindsey is strange.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I am trying to make sense of the eagle /lion tattoo story. 

If the psychic did say it would be a lion and all that went on with Steve having a lion so it was changed to eagle, does it highlight to anyone else ( besides me) that this reality show is way way way way way way way more scripted and contrived than they would have us believe? 

Not really. It's just something that kind of happened behind the scenes and Alyssa was told to say something to kill some of the issues. The story is what it is. They just asked her to change one part of it. Alyssa still feeling the need to bring up this stupid factoid when it could of all been left off screen says more about her than anything else.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Not really. It's just something that kind of happened behind the scenes and Alyssa was told to say something to kill some of the issues. The story is what it is. They just asked her to change one part of it. Alyssa still feeling the need to bring up this stupid factoid when it could of all been left off screen says more about her than anything else.

When Alyssa was paddleboarding and kept laughing so superiorly when Chris, who'd never done it before, kept falling but continuing to get up and try again, that to me said more about her lack of character than anything else.  The man did nothing to her...he just exists...but for some reason that pisses the shit out of her.  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, JapMo said:

When Alyssa was paddleboarding and kept laughing so superiorly when Chris, who'd never done it before, kept falling but continuing to get up and try again, that to me said more about her lack of character than anything else.  The man did nothing to her...he just exists...but for some reason that pisses the shit out of her.  

There are tons of moments that show how shitty see is. I wasn't saying the psychic story was the biggest. 

The worst crime Chris has committed was being too nice and wanting a wife that is in shape. Something most people want in their spouse no matter what they say otherwise or what they look like. 

She has been next level terrible. She can't even hang it on editing. She has fabricated a million issues to try and make herself look like the better person. It's truly pitiful.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Amen!! It shows how classless and immature she is. She hates Chris for no reason other then the fact that he was matched with her and he doesn’t fit her physical criteria for a mate. She’s a snotty  brat and she needs to just go away. I feel terrible for Chris. He should seriously just leave and tell the show he’s done being gaslit and put down by that awful woman. The producers are definitely drawing things out when they should just let it go and put us all out of our misery with this couple. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Airy2021 said:

Amen!! It shows how classless and immature she is. She hates Chris for no reason other then the fact that he was matched with her and he doesn’t fit her physical criteria for a mate. She’s a snotty  brat and she needs to just go away. I feel terrible for Chris. He should seriously just leave and tell the show he’s done being gaslit and put down by that awful woman. The producers are definitely drawing things out when they should just let it go and put us all out of our misery with this couple. 

This.

I think that ACE is deeply offended that they DARED to match her with someone she thinks is so unworthy. She's taking it out on Chris now and I'm sure she will take it out on the "experts" when she interacts with them. Maybe she expected Chris to step aside at the altar, murmuring about how he wasn't good enough for her? Maybe she also resents him for daring to believe that he could actually be "good enough" for her?

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

There are tons of moments that show how shitty see is. I wasn't saying the psychic story was the biggest. 

No, I know what you meant.  I was just saying for me that paddleboard incident took the cake. 

9 minutes ago, Airy2021 said:

He should seriously just leave and tell the show he’s done being gaslit and put down by that awful woman.

Whatever he does, he needs to tell the Producers to eff off when they come running up with 'can you stay away from Alyssa right now...she doesn't want you near her' or 'she doesn't want to sleep in the same room with you.'  I'd be like 'OK, the next time you do that, I'm announcing to the entire bar that drinks are compliments of MAFS.  I may have signed a contract, but I didn't sign up for her AND you to shit on me.  Tell the little Princess I'll go where I want, when I want, and if that's sitting next to her on the plane or sleeping in the honeymoon suite, then I will and she can go to Hell if she doesn't like it'. 

Wouldn't it be a hoot if he got a restraining order against her once they get back to the states, just to piss her off?  Ha ha ha.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Judging by the previews, I feel like Chris is trying to force her to be the one to call it quits. She's trying desperately to look like the good guy here and he isn't having it. She wants out then say it. 

• Love 6
On 2/5/2022 at 6:16 PM, For Cereals said:

I get why Lindsey was mad though I don’t trust her narrative fully at this point.

8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

She humiliated him in front of millions of people, and not by accident either.  It was an intentional knife to the heart.

I can't believe you guys are making me stick up for Lindsay 😂. Even if she is untrustworthy (which she is), it seems to be common knowledge that he had sex with her in spite of the airport blowout, made her feel special, and at a romantic dinner announced on camera that they needed to put the brakes on.  That to me was an intentional humiliation/knife to the heart.  IMO Lindsay does seem like an overspoken asshole, so I think her response was just her instinctive self coming through, which is what Mark needs to consider.  But in this case I have to say he was a total dick first.

1 hour ago, JapMo said:

Whatever he does, he needs to tell the Producers to eff off when they come running up with 'can you stay away from Alyssa right now...she doesn't want you near her' or 'she doesn't want to sleep in the same room with you.'  I'd be like 'OK, the next time you do that, I'm announcing to the entire bar that drinks are compliments of MAFS.  I may have signed a contract, but I didn't sign up for her AND you to shit on me.  Tell the little Princess I'll go where I want, when I want, and if that's sitting next to her on the plane or sleeping in the honeymoon suite, then I will and she can go to Hell if she doesn't like it'. 

Exactly!  And it annoys me that she says she doesn't like bad teeth or a dad bod and then the next scene is the camera lingering on his teeth/body.  He's being treated badly and behaving well about it, but I bet it's hurting his feelings now to watch how they do that.  

1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Judging by the previews, I feel like Chris is trying to force her to be the one to call it quits. She's trying desperately to look like the good guy here and he isn't having it. She wants out then say it. 

I think Chris is just doing what he signed up to do, which is marry this stranger and then appear on tv for 8 weeks.  I think he's behaving very well and since we don't know his personality it's hard to tell how much of an effort it is for him, but I think he's doing a good job at calling her out without making himself look bad, which I'm sure must be in his head.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

This! Why is anyone believing Lindsey that they had sex 3 times that day?! The way she answered the question made it so unbelievable because she kept changing (adding to) her answer little by little in search of a reaction.

I thought she was just doing that for dramatic effect not because she was lying.   The original question didn't ask how many times but she just felt she HAD to enumerate them for "shock" value.

45 minutes ago, princelina said:

I can't believe you guys are making me stick up for Lindsay 😂. Even if she is untrustworthy (which she is), it seems to be common knowledge that he had sex with her in spite of the airport blowout, made her feel special, and at a romantic dinner announced on camera that they needed to put the brakes on.  That to me was an intentional humiliation/knife to the heart.  IMO Lindsay does seem like an overspoken asshole, so I think her response was just her instinctive self coming through, which is what Mark needs to consider.  But in this case I have to say he was a total dick first.

While I agree that Mark was not acting right there I don't think his actions were intentional in the same sense as Lindsey's were in return.  He didn't do all those things with the express purpose of screwing her over and humiliating her.  He's just a decent guy that's trying his best under some strange and ridiculous circumstances to make the best of the bum hand he's been given.  I think he's so confused and conflicted at this point, not to mention manipulated by production (and who wouldn't be in his shoes?) that he isn't realizing the impact of some of his behavior.  Recognizing that I wouldn't go for his jugular as my first response.  I'd ask him why he would do that to me and what his real motivation was in acting that way.  I don't think LIndsey is mature enough to react that way.  She assumes the worst first and then maybe asks questions later after she's already said some pretty vicious things.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

While I agree that Mark was not acting right there I don't think his actions were intentional in the same sense as Lindsey's were in return.  He didn't do all those things with the express purpose of screwing her over and humiliating her.  He's just a decent guy that's trying his best under some strange and ridiculous circumstances to make the best of the bum hand he's been given.  I think he's so confused and conflicted at this point, not to mention manipulated by production (and who wouldn't be in his shoes?) that he isn't realizing the impact of some of his behavior.  Recognizing that I wouldn't go for his jugular as my first response.  I'd ask him why he would do that to me and what his real motivation was in acting that way.  I don't think LIndsey is mature enough to react that way.  She assumes the worst first and then maybe asks questions later after she's already said some pretty vicious things.

I pretty much agree with what you are saying, but if he didn't realize that saying that on camera, after they have had sex and she was clearly delighted with him, wouldn't humiliate her then he needs to learn that lesson.  I don't think even Lindsay would have gone for the jugular if she actually realized that like you are saying, but being blindsided and humiliated like that does make one assume the worst.  I still like Mark and dislike Lindsay, but I'm not going to give him a pass on this 😄

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, princelina said:

I pretty much agree with what you are saying, but if he didn't realize that saying that on camera, after they have had sex and she was clearly delighted with him, wouldn't humiliate her then he needs to learn that lesson.  I don't think even Lindsay would have gone for the jugular if she actually realized that like you are saying, but being blindsided and humiliated like that does make one assume the worst.  I still like Mark and dislike Lindsay, but I'm not going to give him a pass on this 😄

Oh I agree with you 100% that he doesn't deserve a pass on this, but I don't think he deserves a calculated, mean-spirited knife to the heart either.  Plus, she needs to see her responsibility in all of this (which of course she won't).  If she didn't act like a lunatic in the first place he wouldn't be acting that way.  After the way she acted it's no wonder he would get scared away and want to take things slower.  Even if that scene was producer instigated he has to be realizing he might have gone too far with her before knowing her well enough.

I did that once a million years ago.  A guy swept me off my feet in college.  He was well known on campus and a DJ at the college radio station.  I had every reason to believe he was a stand up guy until he started acting erratically a few weeks into our relationship.  One minute up, the next down, saying crazy stuff, etc.  Then I found out that not only was he already engaged to someone in his home town, he was bipolar and not taking his meds!    Then I realized I got too involved with him too soon.  Boy was that an education!  In this situation Mark was so attracted to Lindsey in every way at first he of course wanted to believe she was OK and filtered out anything negative.   Then after he was already in too deep (he married her after all) he's forced to face the fact that she's got some major problems.  That has to be rough!  I give him a lot of slack for facing that in this situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Oh I agree with you 100% that he doesn't deserve a pass on this, but I don't think he deserves a calculated, mean-spirited knife to the heart either.  Plus, she needs to see her responsibility in all of this (which of course she won't).  If she didn't act like a lunatic in the first place he wouldn't be acting that way.  After the way she acted it's no wonder he would get scared away and want to take things slower.  Even if that scene was producer instigated he has to be realizing he might have gone too far with her before knowing her well enough.

I did that once a million years ago.  A guy swept me off my feet in college.  He was well known on campus and a DJ at the college radio station.  I had every reason to believe he was a stand up guy until he started acting erratically a few weeks into our relationship.  One minute up, the next down, saying crazy stuff, etc.  Then I found out that not only was he already engaged to someone in his home town, he was bipolar and not taking his meds!    Then I realized I got too involved with him too soon.  Boy was that an education!  In this situation Mark was so attracted to Lindsey in every way at first he of course wanted to believe she was OK and filtered out anything negative.   Then after he was already in too deep (he married her after all) he's forced to face the fact that she's got some major problems.  That has to be rough!  I give him a lot of slack for facing that in this situation.

I definitely don't think he was SO attracted to Lindsay, in fact he barely said anything pleasant about her.. but I think he's a guy who is made for this show. Down to earth, open-minded and willing to give people a chance rather than the people who sign up for this show who reject someone immediately based on looks. I can appreciate that about him but she really does have a rough personality. I think he was using a poor choice of words with wanting to take things slow after they already had sex. I think he just meant that he is giving this a chance and wants it to play out and they can see where it goes, but as of that moment her personality was not a fit for what he likes and feels comfortable around. I'd be so turned off by her that I can't judge anyone who would cut her off immediately.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/6/2022 at 11:16 AM, Kdawg82 said:

So much talk about Lindsay and drinking. I don't think she was drunk necessarily. She was possibly socially lubricated and just being HERSELF. This is how she seems to be. 200% at all times. Mark mis spoke about not being "lovey dovey" anymore and scaling back.  He got some feedback from the men at the beach, no doubt . Lindsay told him about Katina after the beach day. Mark was startled by her ways and yes he wants to scale back but didn't communicate effectively.  He's intimidated by her. She had a biting reply to him after and I can not say it wasn't a clever retort. "How far back do you want to go" indeed. "Ask me for a date." Yup.  He was not wrong in his feelings only in his delivery. 

I'm team Jasmina. I'm team Chris. Alyssa please change your heart. I don't care much about the other 2 couples.  Not interesting yet.

As I told my husband, Mark's sentiments weren't necessarily bad but his timing and delivery were sh_t. Basically, he had been thinking about slowing things down all along but now that they had sex multiple times, the blood was flowing uninterrupted to his brain and his true thoughts were traveling from his brain to his mouth without his libido to stop them.

The curse of bad timing and being outmatching in gall by his wife meant that he was entertainingly torn a new one on tv. Lindsay is a lot of things but at a loss for words isn't one of them. 

Katina was right in her assessment of Lindsay but again, it was the wrong time. This was one interaction where listening to Alyssa might have been helpful. 

Jasmina and Chris would do well to stop all the navel gazing and just stick with surface date conversations. Make some memories before you start trying to do the deep analysis of each other. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I would be curious how Chris would react to being married to an overweight girl with an objectionable feature he requested not to be matched with. I know he’d be a gentlemen but I do wonder if he’d give it a chance. 

Your question makes me wonder have they ever cast an objectively overweight (if we can agree on what that even is) woman on this show? I truly cannot recall a woman who visually registered to my brain as over a size 12 US being cast in this show regardless of her height. I'll really stretch to 14 US for height reasons but that's generous because I don't think they have gone that far into the double digits. 

Mind you, I do not even believe those clothing sizes are large in this or the previous century. I'm just using them as a designation for television purposes. I think they actually cast in the real life 2-10 range because on television a real life 4 who is 5'4" can appear to be a tv 8. It's very difficult to look like a size 4 on tv and be a size 4 in real life unless you are tall.

Edited by red12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, red12 said:

Your question makes me wonder have they ever cast an objectively overweight (if we can agree on what that even is) woman on this show? I truly cannot recall a woman who visually registered to my brain as over a size 12 US being cast in this show regardless of her height. I'll really stretch to 14 US for height reasons but that's generous because I don't think they have gone that far into the double digits. 

Mind you, I do not even believe those clothing sizes are large in this or the previous century. I'm just using them as a designation for television purposes. I think they actually cast in the real life 2-10 range because on television a real life 4 who is 5'4" can appear to be a tv 8. It's very difficult to look like a size 4 on tv and be a size 4 in real life unless you are tall.

The only woman I can think of who was vaguely full-figured was Jasmine (married to Will). I think it's kind of ridiculous to request a thin person as a spouse because no way are they going to cast someone overweight, particularly a woman.

• Love 2
On 2/3/2022 at 10:05 PM, Intuition said:

Meanwhile is there really anything for either of them to apologize for?

I dont understand what this fight was about.  Neither of them did anything wrong, but somehow they are still fighting. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Yeah No said:

10 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I definitely don't think he was SO attracted to Lindsay, in fact he barely said anything pleasant about her.. but I think he's a guy who is made for this show. Down to earth, open-minded and willing to give people a chance rather than the people who sign up for this show who reject someone immediately based on looks. I can appreciate that about him but she really does have a rough personality. I think he was using a poor choice of words with wanting to take things slow after they already had sex. I think he just meant that he is giving this a chance and wants it to play out and they can see where it goes, but as of that moment her personality was not a fit for what he likes and feels comfortable around. I'd be so turned off by her that I can't judge anyone who would cut her off immediately.

I kind of liked Lindsey as well.

However, I feel like Lindsey is what we would call an "around the way" girl that is trying to be posh.

She feels like she is superior because she can speak Spanish in Puerto Rico.

She talks about how she only dates "engineers" and I can't help but notice she lives in a city that is only 12 miles away from MIT (my friend went to MIT).

I think she likes Mark the Shark but thinks he is not up to her level of "sophistication" (the man has never tried a Pina Colada).

I think she was legitimately hurt by MTS wanting to slow down and it triggered her. I imagine she has been dumped before by guys who were tired of her after they slept with her ( I imagine she registers as fun in the sack but too crazy to be with type of girl with a lot of guys).

However, the way she went for the jugular and got vulgar/nasty was a little disturbing. 

You could see MTS thinking, "There might be serious emotional issues" and the guy has probably been through the wringer with his mother.

They are both feeling that they can not trust each other now and that is not a good place to be in a marriage.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

The only woman I can think of who was vaguely full-figured was Jasmine (married to Will). I think it's kind of ridiculous to request a thin person as a spouse because no way are they going to cast someone overweight, particularly a woman.

Don't forget Armani.  She looked to me to be about a size 14.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:12 AM, Racj82 said:

It's called Are You My Podcast? Even if you just put married at first sight in a podcast search engine, it will pop up. Two female comedians do the podcast. They are funny but they geuinely like the show. Their comedy can be quite blur at times just as a heads up.

Thanks for the tip - I’ll check it out (blue I can do! LOL) 

8 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I would be curious how Chris would react to being married to an overweight girl with an objectionable feature he requested not to be matched with. I know he’d be a gentlemen but I do wonder if he’d give it a chance. 

I wonder too.  But what bothers me that several of the men have had squishy "dad bods" with spare tires, Moobs, and love handles going on (and Chris seems to have all 3) meanwhile with rare exception the wives have all been thin and fit.  This show and TV in general don't seem to see the double standard here.  Then when the women aren't attracted to them they're made to look like picky bitches only furthering the offense against women.  It amazes me that we have people going "woke" over everything under the sun but somehow this sexist crap still passes without much of anything said about it.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I wonder too.  But what bothers me that several of the men have had squishy "dad bods" with spare tires, Moobs, and love handles going on (and Chris seems to have all 3) meanwhile with rare exception the wives have all been thin and fit.  This show and TV in general don't seem to see the double standard here.  Then when the women aren't attracted to them they're made to look like picky bitches only furthering the offense against women.  It amazes me that we have people going "woke" over everything under the sun but somehow this sexist crap still passes without much of anything said about it.

I definitely agree it's a double standard. But not everyone likes the super muscley guys; some women prefer dad bods (I know I do). But that doesn't make it right. I just think this show is stupid to cast people who put such a big emphasis on looks/physical attraction...if you're that picky, this show is not for you. Especially women like Alyssa who apparently expected a guy with a lion/eagle tattoo. I don't blame her for not being attracted to Chris, that is perfectly okay, it's just her whole attitude and meanness about the situation.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ChiMama said:

Thanks for the tip - I’ll check it out (blue I can do! LOL) 

I love them but ooh boy, once they hear Paige talking about liking to get her booty...you know. It's the joke that will not stop for a while. They can't help themselves.

1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

But what bothers me that several of the men have had squishy "dad bods" with spare tires, Moobs, and love handles going on (and Chris seems to have all 3) meanwhile with rare exception the wives have all been thin and fit. 

Which was why I was shocked to hear Chris requesting a “skinny and fit” wife. As a poster up thread said, this show hasn’t been known to cast women that are overweight. For example, Nicole and Ella from “90 Day Fiancé” wouldn’t stand a chance in hell. Someone mentioned  Jasmine (Philly) and Amani. In my humble opinion, those two ladies are far from being overweight. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Which was why I was shocked to hear Chris requesting a “skinny and fit” wife. As a poster up thread said, this show hasn’t been known to cast women that are overweight. For example, Nicole and Ella from “90 Day Fiancé” wouldn’t stand a chance in hell. Someone mentioned  Jasmine (Philly) and Amani. In my humble opinion, those two ladies are far from being overweight. 

I agree, neither were overweight, they just weren't toothpicks.

• Love 4
On 2/4/2022 at 6:09 PM, Adeejay said:

I would have sympathy for Chris if he hadn't specifically ask for a "skinny, fit" wife. Which was rich coming from him. There's a saying, "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it."  How is that skinny wife working out for you, Chris?

A bit like when Tristan requested that his bride be lighter-skinned but never said anything about whether or not outstanding warrants mattered.

• LOL 10
7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Jasmine could barely walk. And would not reveal her body when swimming.  She was heavy. Amani was not really thin but not overweight.  Jasmine body weight was unhealthy.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Jasmine could barely walk. And would not reveal her body when swimming.  She was heavy. Amani was not really thin but not overweight.  Jasmine body weight was unhealthy.

Can we please not equate body weight to health? I'm getting really uncomfortable with the direction this thread is taking.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Someone mentioned  Jasmine (Philly) and Amani. In my humble opinion, those two ladies are far from being overweight. 

Amani is in a bathing suit all over her IG (she and Woody love a beach vacation!) and she's nowhere near a size 14, and I don't think she was anywhere near that size on her season. Jasmine (whose son is adorable) could be a size 14 - she's definitely curvy. She has an hourglass shape.

4 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Jasmine could barely walk.

She had no problem walking at all. She was shown repeatedly walking, hiking, etc. without difficulty. She is the thickest female cast member I can recall seeing (big breasts, full hips) but she is far from obese, immobile, etc.

Both Chris and Mark are dad-bod-ish; they carry their weight in their midsections. Both are active though - I assume Frisbee golf is decent exercise and Mark was shown working out. 

On 2/7/2022 at 12:47 PM, Jax7917 said:

I definitely don't think he was SO attracted to Lindsay, in fact he barely said anything pleasant about her.. but I think he's a guy who is made for this show. Down to earth, open-minded and willing to give people a chance rather than the people who sign up for this show who reject someone immediately based on looks. I can appreciate that about him but she really does have a rough personality.

Funnily enough, Mark and Lindsay are both great candidates for the show. Lindsay said straight up that she gave the experts no physical criteria at all, that she just wanted a nice guy with a good heart. I don't remember if Mark gave physical characteristics but he's clearly a go with the flow kind of guy, open-minded, and emotionally intelligent. Someone like Alyssa, who wants so much control that she bought ten wedding dresses in case the show the store provided didn't have what she wanted AND consulted a psychic to see who she'd end up with is exactly the wrong type of person to do this. Like, if you want someone that specific, go on an app where you can select age, race, height, location, religion, etc.

• Love 9