Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I'm more than happy with Cassidy leaving, but to be fair, I'm sure at least half of the contestants on every season have casual hookups before they leave to film the show. Most of them are just more discreet about it.

I hate to say this, but time (and needless plastic surgery) has not been kind to Nicole Eggert. I thought she was so pretty in the early seasons of Baywatch, before she started trying to look like Pamela Anderson.

It looked to me like Clayton was trying to gracefully extricate himself from that kiss, but Shanae attached herself to him like a barnacle. I'm sure that kiss was just as uncomfortable for him as it was for the other women.

That was definitely not the "underwear" that Sarah had been wearing under her romper, at least not the top. The romper had spaghetti straps and a low-cut back, so she had to have been wearing one of those stick-on bras, or no bra at all.

I can't believe that Clayton is wasting time calling out everyone who Shanae claimed has bullied her. Surely he must see by now that the common denominator in all the drama is Shanae?

The dedication to Clint at the end was a nice touch.

Who is clint?

amd as far as nicole eggert, she had a full body makeover a few years ago and it was all over the news- she looked wayyyyy worse before .

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Elizabeth looks, acts, and dresses old enough to be Shanae's mother. Maybe Elizabeth failed to make it onto one of the Real Housewives franchises and this was her second shot at TV fame, playing the victim to Shanae's manufactured poorly acted villainy.  It's like they're a boxed set. And Elizabeth is either forty-five minimum or just loves looking like it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Would anyone be kind enough to indulge my ignorance and help me understand some stuff?  I'm only paying attention now (to the comments, not actually watching) because a girl (now woman) from our town who my daughter played a couple of seasons of rec soccer with is on the show.  I can see her bio on the website but I haven't seen any mention of her in these forums or really anywhere else.  Does that mean she's already out of the running?  Does everyone who doesn't get a rose each week get eliminated?  Or do they focus more on certain women from week to week?  Wikipedia wasn't especially helpful, they said getting a rose means you stay, but it doesn't look like almost everyone is getting a rose each week...? Apparently it's not like Survivor where the person voted out gets some degree of publicity that week.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I do think there was one of them who didn't stand up when asked the (non) question about what they didn't like about themselves.  I think she was a brunette (?).

That was Kaitlyn Bristowe.

Edited by deSchenke
  • LOL 9
1 minute ago, SoMuchTV said:

Would anyone be kind enough to indulge my ignorance and help me understand some stuff?  I'm only paying attention now (to the comments, not actually watching) because a girl (now woman) from our town who my daughter played a couple of seasons of rec soccer with is on the show.  I can see her bio on the website but I haven't seen any mention of her in these forums or really anywhere else.  Does that mean she's already out of the running?  Does everyone who doesn't get a rose each week get eliminated?  Or do they focus more on certain women from week to week?  Wikipedia wasn't especially helpful, they said getting a rose means you stay, but it doesn't look like almost everyone is getting a rose each week...? Apparently it's not like Survivor where the person voted out gets some degree of publicity that week.

This early in the season usually just a handful of people who cause the most drama or have an instant connection get most of the screen time—and subsequent press or mention here. I’m worse than most in this group with names, but we always all joke about not knowing certain people existed until we see them eliminated or they pop up later in the show, so there’s still a good chance she’s on the show. A few people go home each week to little fanfare—the focus is more on who stays. Unless someone has a particularly dramatic exit (like this week someone had her rose taken away for having a “friends with benefits”), most people give a quiet hug and slip out the door without us even registering who they are. What’s her name? I’m sure many of us will try to figure out whether we can pick her out of the crowd.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

This early in the season usually just a handful of people who cause the most drama or have an instant connection get most of the screen time—and subsequent press or mention here. I’m worse than most in this group with names, but we always all joke about not knowing certain people existed until we see them eliminated or they pop up later in the show, so there’s still a good chance she’s on the show. A few people go home each week to little fanfare—the focus is more on who stays. Unless someone has a particularly dramatic exit (like this week someone had her rose taken away for having a “friends with benefits”), most people give a quiet hug and slip out the door without us even registering who they are. What’s her name? I’m sure many of us will try to figure out whether we can pick her out of the crowd.

I'm not sure how much I want to out her (although I can't imagine why that would matter here) but she was a former Olympian.  All the rec league soccer parents recognized that she was going places.  Maybe she's too sane to register with the producers?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I'm not sure how much I want to out her (although I can't imagine why that would matter here) but she was a former Olympian.  All the rec league soccer parents recognized that she was going places.  Maybe she's too sane to register with the producers?

The first article that came up for googling “Olympian on the bachelor” spoils exactly when Marlena goes home (and also naming a few others)—so warning for anyone looking. But  Marlena is still there. I don’t recall any particular moments about her—but I’m not good at telling people apart when there are this many in the mix. Anyone have any Marlena moments to call out to SomuchTv? That means she must be nice and normal if we don’t have storylines on her yet.

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

The first article that came up for googling “Olympian on the bachelor” spoils exactly when she goes home—so warning for anyone looking. But  Marlena is still there. I don’t recall any particular moments about her—but I’m not good at telling people apart when there are this many in the mix. Anyone have any Marlena moments to call out to SomuchTv? That means she must be nice and normal if we don’t have storylines on her yet.

I believe she is the one who said on the group date (therapy session) that she didn't feel comfortable talking about race on the show?

• Useful 5

I'm tired of the group therapy sessions. Wasn't the question "who has parts of yourself that you aren't proud of"? Seemed like they were answering a different question with all their family and relationship trauma stories. The really sad part is that they are airing this stuff on national TV for the world to hear.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, coconutcookie said:

This is a boring season. I don't  need to see any more of Kaitlyn or Becca or more cringy group dates. I miss Chris Harrison.

I feel like there are so many past contestants I who are popular too who we wouldn’t mind seeing , but they always tote out the same 2-3. Why are Kaitlyn and Becca always making appearances ? Is there no one else ?

• Love 6
19 hours ago, leocadia said:

It keeps me on my toes, lol.  This week had me wondering why Clayton himself was delivering the date card.  I thought it was dumb for him to drop it off instead of just reading it until I realized it was actually Jesse.

Note to show:  Putting Kaitlyn in a suit does not make her any more believable as a "therapist"--especially when she's essentially leading a game of "I never".

A lot of these people have vocal fry, but there is something about Gabby's voice that is extra annoying.  I haven't been able to pinpoint what it is, but whenever she speaks I get immediately irritated.

I agree about Gabbys voice ! She does seem fun , but she dated hot Dean in college , Blake horstmann was interested in her ( though he seems to be into a lot of people ) and Clayton seems to like her . She seems perfectly nice , but I don’t find her to be a pretty girl and that voice is nails on a chalkboard . What am I not seeing ? 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

I'm tired of the group therapy sessions. Wasn't the question "who has parts of yourself that you aren't proud of"? Seemed like they were answering a different question with all their family and relationship trauma stories. The really sad part is that they are airing this stuff on national TV for the world to hear.

It doesn’t matter what the question is, the correct answer is “I used to put up walls, but {fill in name of current Bachelor} makes me feel safe enough to be vulnerable”. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Who is clint?

He was a contestant on Kaitlyn's season. He passed away a few weeks ago at age 34. No cause of death was published.

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post, did anyone else notice that Ency almost walked out of the room after her elimination without saying goodbye to Clayton? She had heartfelt goodbyes with many of the women, then started walking toward the exit before pivoting and walking towards Clayton. It's like she was already over him at that point, no limo tears for her.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I agree about Gabbys voice ! She does seem fun , but she dated hot Dean in college , Blake horstmann was interested in her ( though he seems to be into a lot of people ) and Clayton seems to like her . She seems perfectly nice , but I don’t find her to be a pretty girl and that voice is nails on a chalkboard . What am I not seeing ? 

To me she looks like a not-as-pretty version of Daphne Zuniga.

23 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I don’t think poor Elizabeth even knows how or why Shanaenae made her the object of her ire. Elizabeth is just a nice, normal woman who somehow has an arch nemesis against her will. That must be so exasperating! What’s she supposed to say when Clayton inevitably asks her about it? 

I was surprised and disappointed at how riled up she got when Clayton asked her about it, although I understand her frustration at how it has derailed her time with him.  When she's with the gals, and Shenae is up to her shenanigans, she is very good about brushing it off.  If she had been able to be pitying or calmly confused when he asked her about it, I think it would have helped sway him towards who is the real dramatic shit-stirrer.

And as a side note, there is a special place in hell for women like Shenae who throw the 'bullying' accusations around so falsely.  It cheapens the word, and really, the whole concept, for people who truly have been bullied.

23 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

He is absolutely SO not my physical type, but I do think he seems like a nice guy who would be pleasant to hang out with. 

23 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

The make out on the beach in front of the other women on the date was gross and disrespectful. 

I also thought he seemed like a nice guy, and certainly he has said all the right affirming things to seem like a good guy, but for him to have made out with what's-her-name during the Hilary Duff date (and rewarded her with a rose for shirking her assigned duties and abandoning the other girls), and then done it again on the beach date in front of all the other girls, shows that he is either unclear about how to treat women with respect, or unwilling/unable to live out the principles that he espouses.  Classic example of actions speak louder than words.

23 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Clayton should have gotten a spray tan for the show. That farmers tan look on the beach was severely unattractive. 

I said that exact thing to my husband as I was watching the show!

22 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

They must have arranged the "underwear date" ahead of time, to make sure they looked more like they were in swimsuits. 

I was mystified and appalled by that whole thing.  Was it supposed to be sexy and titillating?  Demeaning and humiliating?  I could almost see that from maybe the early 2000s, but in this day and age?  Not so much.

• Love 9

I'm too lazy to go back to snag quotes. Gabby reminds me of whichever Tilly (Meg or Jennifer) has the kind of drunk baby talk voice and sexy-without-being-super-pretty schtick. It's funny until it's annoying.

Maybe they haul Becca in when it's a boring group of women so they'll all look more interesting after she's been there.

Edited by EllenB
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, EllenB said:

Maybe they haul Becca in when it's a boring group of women so they'll all look more interesting after she's been there.

I think Becca is there as an example to the women to hold on and hope for BiP…she failed on the Bachelor and Bachelorette, but she seems to have gotten a solid relationship out of Paradise.  

• Love 2

I feel the need to defend pronouncing Clayton as “Clay-En”. I’m upstate NY born and raised. My first job after college was in Washington, DC. I remember talking about buttons with a co-worker, and I pronounced it “bu-uns”. She had no idea what I was talking about, and I had no idea I pronounced it oddly. To this day I say “bu-uns” and “Clay-un” and will not apologize for it. I’m not stupid, it’s just the regional pronunciation. 

Edited by MyMorningCoffee
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Gabby reminds me of Kellie Waymire (she was Brenda's prostitute friend on Six Feet Under). She also played Vivian on Seinfeld for one episode, when Elaine babysat her son.

Edited to correct the spelling of her first name.

image.png.71ab2a4d19980b8c2455abde79001d6a.png

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, MyMorningCoffee said:

I feel the need to defend pronouncing Clayton as “Clay-En”. I’m upstate NY born and raised. My first job after college was in Washington, DC. I remember talking about buttons with a co-worker, and I pronounced it “bu-uns”. She had no idea what I was talking about, and I had no idea I pronounced it oddly. To this day I say “bu-uns” and “Clay-un” and will not apologize for it. I’m not stupid, it’s just the regional pronunciation. 

I’m at the point that when one of the cast pronounces it “Clay-ton”, it sounds wrong, I’ve heard it so often.  I’d be curious as to how Clayton himself pronounces it because that would the “right” way and assumably how one should strive to say it, though I doubt he really cares either way!

• Love 2
On 1/25/2022 at 7:34 PM, Jax7917 said:

Yes she is adorable but the voice . Omg- who are these “ deans” she dated? Im so confused - are these bachelor folks and how dod she know them before the show? Thanks people

17 hours ago, EllenB said:

I'm too lazy to go back to snag quotes. Gabby reminds me of whichever Tilly (Meg or Jennifer) has the kind of drunk baby talk voice and sexy-without-being-super-pretty schtick. It's funny until it's annoying.

To me being on bip after being the bachelor or bachlorette is just so stupid. Ugh.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Gabby reminds me of Kelly Waymire (she was Brenda's prostitute friend on Six Feet Under). She also played Vivian on Seinfeld for one episode, when Elaine babysat her son.

image.png.71ab2a4d19980b8c2455abde79001d6a.png

She was also on a handful of episodes of Enterprise, and I was so struck by her personality that I looked her up. Sadly, she died after those episodes due to a heart condition. She was so young and so talented.

• Love 2

Katlyn AGAIN?? Does she have to insert herself into everything? Sad date, but better than boxing or other fight dates, which I hate.

The question was what would you improve about yourself, not what hurt you the most when you were a kid. Their answers reminded me of job interviewees who say their biggest flaw is being too focused on the job.  Flaws are things like being too impatient, a procrastinator, caring too much what other people think,  being afraid to leave your comfort zone, talking too much, etc. Not being sad about your lack of a toned midsection....eh.

Shanie loves her beeyatch role. Too bad clayton is dumb enough to believe her.  Why didn't he start asking ALL the women about it,  not just the 2 supposed bullies? I hate that in a guy.

I'm just so much more into Joe Millionaire this season. The 2 guys there seem so real compared to Clayton, and it's much more fun. They felt it was nuts to kiss 2 women in one evening, after numerous dates, too. A breath of fresh air compared to Clayton and past bachelors who mack on all the women within minutes of each other. Having 2 guys talk about what they're going through is a great idea, like a live-in Chris Harrison. And with only 17 women to start, I know who they all are.

Edited by Andromeda
Typo
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Yes she is adorable but the voice . Omg- who are these “ deans” she dated? Im so confused - are these bachelor folks and how dod she know them before the show? Thanks people

To me being on bip after being the bachelor or bachlorette is just so stupid. Ugh.

BIP is all about the Instagram followers which can be monitized.   Amanda Stanton who didn’t make that much of an impression in her season, was able to parlay her appearance on BiP and short term engagement into a six figure monthly income.  

1 hour ago, Andromeda said:

Katlyn AGAIN?? Does she have to insert herself into everything?

Love her or hate her, it is the producers you have to thank/blame for her showing up.  It isn’t like she just snuck onto the set and joined in. 

• Love 4

I really hate the group therapy dates... but I did get a chuckle with Clayton baring his soul... he didn't like the way his body looked... and he'd look in the mirror and pinch his stomach... but then... "he got abs and got friends." Way to be strong Clayton. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m at the point that when one of the cast pronounces it “Clay-ton”, it sounds wrong, I’ve heard it so often.  I’d be curious as to how Clayton himself pronounces it because that would the “right” way and assumably how one should strive to say it, though I doubt he really cares either way!

Yeah I find the over-pronunciation of the TON in Clayton sounds really weird. For me it shouldn't sound so broken into syllables lol, but enough of them are saying Clay-TTTTon that maybe it is how he pronounces it. 

56 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I really hate the group therapy dates... but I did get a chuckle with Clayton baring his soul... he didn't like the way his body looked... and he'd look in the mirror and pinch his stomach... but then... "he got abs and got friends." Way to be strong Clayton. 

I would hate these dates because I would feel like I would have to make up a sob story. And that isn't just exclusive to this date, but it seems like you can't get a one-on-one date unless you have a horrific, tragic story to tell. So I don't blame Clayton for bringing something up that sounds a little eye-roll worthy because some people just don't have a sob story to tell but it is required on this show .

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Love her or hate her, it is the producers you have to thank/blame for her showing up.  It isn’t like she just snuck onto the set and joined in. 

Oh, I know. I'm just tired of her already. A real therapist would have made much more sense. Becca showing up was stupid, too. I'm sure ABC has both of them under contract for these appearances.

Speaking of Becca, she's OK, but I rolled my eyes at Clayton introducing her as someone who found love in her journey or whatnot. Yeah, after years and a different show! Assuming she sticks with the guy she found on BIP.

And making them be in their underwear -- clearly chosen for them -- was just stupid. Why does this show do so many annoying things? We used to have winery dates and hayrides...

I went to a Van Gogh immersive exhibit recently -- by the other company doing them. It was awesome, and a great setting for a date, so that's one good thing by the show.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Andromeda said:

I went to a Van Gogh immersive exhibit recently -- by the other company doing them. It was awesome, and a great setting for a date, so that's one good thing by the show.

Went to this exhibit on Thanksgiving Day in Denver. I was completely blown away. Loved every minute of it.  I've got my Van Gogh mask on right now. 

On topic: haven't we had enough Shanaes on this show?  Every season there's one like her.  It's not funny or amusing or entertaining.  I don't understand the need for this over and over again, but, truly the entire show is the same each season.  But alas,,,,here I am :).

• Love 3

This is an obscure reference. Rock of Love Bus (season 3 of ROL) - Elizabeth looks like Brittany Starr, the adult film actress. I recently re-watched the series... don't judge. To me, they're identical. Elizabeth looks about 10 years older than she claims. She's beautiful, but she looks like an old 32 to me. Very pretty, but a subtle hardness to her.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Dena0033 said:

This is an obscure reference. Rock of Love Bus (season 3 of ROL) - Elizabeth looks like Brittany Starr, the adult film actress. I recently re-watched the series... don't judge. To me, they're identical. Elizabeth looks about 10 years older than she claims. She's beautiful, but she looks like an old 32 to me. Very pretty, but a subtle hardness to her.

I recently re-watched all of the seasons of Rock of Love too- such a great show 😄!  I think that Elizabeth looks sort of like a woman version of Smith Jerrod, the actor who was cast as Samantha's boyfriend on Sex and the City.  Elizabeth is very pretty, and I think that her features are more refined and captivating to look at than most of the younger looking cast members with bigger eyes and younger features.  I hope that The Bachelor continues to cast women in their 30s or older because it's refreshing to see women around my age (33) who are trying to date on TV.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dena0033 said:

Interesting! I don't remember Rock of Love well (yes, I watched it, too!), but my husband walked in the room and said, "That one looks older, the one who looks like Sharon Stone."  I rewound to see her again, and her age. She probably is the oldest at 32. And I can see the resemblance to Sharon Stone.

• Love 1
On 1/25/2022 at 4:38 PM, deSchenke said:

That was Kaitlyn Bristowe.

What has happened to her face? She didn’t look good. Is it the HDTV or did she do something else to herself? 

I don’t know if it’s the weird swirly hair, the tears on the first show, the soul-baring about his body images…. or maybe all of it. But Clayton is coming across as wimpy to me. I prefer a stronger bachelor like Brad. But I’m also old so maybe that’s the problem. Clayton could be my son. Yikes.

Interesting that Nicole Eggert was on because there was talk about her on the RHOC boards. A few people thought the Nicole on that show was Nicole Eggert, but it isn’t. 

I’ll admit to only half watching this show as I do other things, but so far I’m not seeing much chemistry between Clayton and anyone. That hasn’t stopped him from kissing them though! Usually the aggressive women get cut but given how placid Clayton seems to be, maybe Shenae-whatever—her-name- is has a shot. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Cornhusker12 said:

I haven't watched any of this season or the last half of Michelle's season because the show has just become so unbelievably repetitive and boring, is this season any different so far? Thanks!

If you’re a Wrong Reasons watcher, I feel like some of the “magic” of the earlier seasons is back. I finally have turned around to think there is something to casting a totally bland and pliable lead, and keeping all of the “personality” (good, bad, wacky, or whatever) in the contestants. When they have a “strong” lead, then they shut a lot of that down or aren’t as manipulated by production. If the previews hold true, Clayton is going to allow himself to bumble right into one of the Most Dramatic Seasons in Bachelor History.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

If you’re a Wrong Reasons watcher, I feel like some of the “magic” of the earlier seasons is back. I finally have turned around to think there is something to casting a totally bland and pliable lead, and keeping all of the “personality” (good, bad, wacky, or whatever) in the contestants. When they have a “strong” lead, then they shut a lot of that down or aren’t as manipulated by production. If the previews hold true, Clayton is going to allow himself to bumble right into one of the Most Dramatic Seasons in Bachelor History.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF

Hahah thanks, that does help! I'd say I'm a Medium Reasons watcher... Like Golidlocks, I don't want it too Right or too Wrong, it's got to be juuuust right. Haha. The antics and weirdos can be one of the draws of the show of course, BUT I can't stand the more overt producer manipulations and I actually enjoy when the lead is having a good time and there are contestants to root for. Recently the leads seem defeated and exhausted and miserable right off the bat, so they have to fill episodes with such boring/insulting/time-wasting nonsense that I couldn't devote my time to watching anymore. 

A happy-go-lucky dork who is too aloof to realize he's being manipulated does kinda sound like a perfect lead! Haha

• Love 6

I happened to be channel surfing and ended up watching Joe Millionaire and i have to say that the contrast between the two leads and recent bachelors was striking.  I don’t think that either said “like” outside of referencing a feeling nor did they use literally to mean anything but literally.  One of them even realized that the way he was behaving would be a bad look for people watching.  

when Joe Millionaire leaves your casting in the dusk you have to wonder.  Or if you are the bachelor franchise you probably won’t.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 1/28/2022 at 6:00 PM, call me ishmael said:

I happened to be channel surfing and ended up watching Joe Millionaire and i have to say that the contrast between the two leads and recent bachelors was striking.  I don’t think that either said “like” outside of referencing a feeling nor did they use literally to mean anything but literally.  One of them even realized that the way he was behaving would be a bad look for people watching.  

when Joe Millionaire leaves your casting in the dusk you have to wonder.  Or if you are the bachelor franchise you probably won’t.

I know, right? It's miles apart. Bachelor casting is so off lately — they have this idea of a great bachelor being this super-bland Chad type of All-American guy, with a square face, blondish, hunky, sporty, and dull dull dull. No wonder the host — a former contestant — looks just like the lead.

• Love 4
On 1/26/2022 at 9:47 AM, MyMorningCoffee said:

Well, I'm in Northeast PA and the people here seem completely unaware that there is a T in Scranton or Nanticoke.  But they also think the trees are between the two and the four.  So I've learned to keep my twitching under control when I hear people speaking like that.  At this point, however, I would really like to obliterate the word LIKE from all of these dimwits' vocabularies as well as Clay-en's.

• Love 4
On 1/25/2022 at 1:54 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Serene is beautiful, but oh my god.  She needs to cut this out.

Oh my god Susie too.

This is verbatim:

Susie:  I really like Clay-en.  I feel really good about our connection, and like, based on everything I've seen so far, and like our conversations, and like our physical chemistry, like, all of that has me wanting to be here til the very end.

This right after she told Clayton that she was "happy" that he has body dysmorphia issues.

Teddi is a doll but she said like more than any of them, and Clayton started saying "like" a lot too when he was talking to her.