Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

I actually don't mind the nudes/pictures.  They remind me of the ESPN Body Issue. I just don't get what it has to do with the clothes. 

As for Mr West tweeting naked pictures of his wife, talking about how lucky he is: We've all seen her naked, Kanye. You aren't that lucky. 

• Love 4

I actually don't mind the nudes/pictures.  They remind me of the ESPN Body Issue. I just don't get what it has to do with the clothes. 

As for Mr West tweeting naked pictures of his wife, talking about how lucky he is: We've all seen her naked, Kanye. You aren't that lucky.

Yah, he's lucky, that's why their hot sex lasts all of ten minutes in a studio bathroom before she sends him on his way. Very romantic and loving they are.

• Love 2

So Anonymous, or at least someone claiming to be Anonymous is calling Kanye out.

This will be interesting!

Greasy bottoms?!?! LOL!!! I see a call out but I don't see much by way of threat. 

I find this particularly interesting (quoted from Daily Mail and allegedly from the Anonymous video):

'By approving this irresponsible behavior, you are accepting the reality that one day your daughter will face the repercussions of this photo with classmates in school. You also are condoning this to the young girls who follow Kim on Twitter and witnessed her success as she continuously rises to fame and stardom using her body

It is a brave new world. I doubt Nori will face much by way of repercussions. It is not like it is back in the day and she is going to be going to school with NY blue bloods on the social registry.  Plus, aren't all the Kardashians pretty much home schooled past a certain age now? Hell by the time she is 15 the only schooling she might be enrolled in is Instragram angles: The Master Class & Liplining by Instructor Kylie and Revenue Streams for Famewhores by Pimp Grandmama. 

I really do hope that Nori breaks the cycle but osmosis is a bitch!! 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 2

Just an fyi, many complained and had something of a similar reaction years ago when Jay Z was announced as the headliner for Glastonbury because that was the first time a rapper had ever been made the headliner. He performed anyway and by the end had won over everyone and his performance is still considered one of the best in recent years. Just saying. Now with Kanye, the potential for trainwreck is of course much higher but he may also come and give an amazing performance as he is capable of doing. 

New article in The Guardian on Kanye:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/25/kanye-west-glastonbury-festival-2015-worlds-biggest-pop-star

The Guardian, June 25, 2015, "The enigma of Kanye West – and how the world's biggest pop star ended up being its most reviled, too."

"Everything Kanye West does is an event, from the smallest interview to the biggest show. As he prepares to headline Glastonbury, one writer considers how West became the divisive figure he is..."

The article is mostly praise of Kanye, not very balanced. The author, Ben Westhoff, is obviously a fan because he keeps saying Kanye is a genius and is every bit as good as he thinks he is. But it's still an interesting article because it includes a lot of detailed background on Kanye and some psychological discussion about why he acts as crazy as he does. "He believes himself to be the best, and won’t rest until everyone agrees" says the author.

I don't think Kanye is a musical genius (or any other kind of genius). I think he's a conceited ass who gets his way because he's rich and well-connected.

The article says "Even the birth of his daughter and his marriage to Kim Kardashian have done little to improve his reputation." Uh, why would marrying a Kardashian improve anyone's reputation?

The author says Kanye seems to be insisting on making the public think Kim is talented in order to build up his own image: "Though Kim is widely perceived as a beautiful airhead, he defends her as a brilliant business mind and entertainer who deserves a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It’s great when a man sticks up for his wife, but one gets the feeling that such comments are really about Kanye himself."

• Love 2

I saw this morning the new GQ in a store and Kanye is on the cover of their "The Most Stylish Men Alive" issue. He was wearing a white shirt and ripped jeans. SMH.  Forget the whole thing is laughable, but when established mags like GQ are pretty much lavishing praise on the way he dresses is anyone really shocked Kim lets him dress her? She probably thinks he has great taste regardless of how she may feel she looks considering his fashion reputation. 

Kanye wants to be the only one who exploits Kim - but Kim was raised by Kris to be exploited, so Kanye didn't get to be first. It's sad - I sort of feel sorry for Kim, and really feel sorry for Nori.

• Love 1

Eww! Kanye, the genius, sounded dreadful in that small clip of him singing Queen. I feel as if I should put singing in quotes. It was bad karaoke bad. Every time I hear this man called a genius in my mind I hear, Mel Blanc's voice saying "Wile E. Coyote, super genius."

• Love 5

Princess Kanye is getting the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award tonight on the VMAs. I wonder will he show his ass and what will Kim stuff her pregnant self into?

I hope Taylor Swift & Beck interrupt him

• Love 2

After seeing what Myley Cyrus showed up on the red carpet wearing the only way Kim will get more attention is if she goes completely sheer.

You say that like it's not a possibility LOL. I'm guessing Kim's tits will be bared for all to see.

(edited)

How many pairs of Spanx is she wearing? Her stomach is almost flat. When she gets home & takes off her clothes, it must be like pulling the cord on a life preserver, you hear a whoosh, & everything expands.

Edited: I knew she wouldn't keep the boobs undercover, they're much more visible in this picture

http://s3.gossipcop.com/up/gallery/vmas-red-carpet-photos-2015/gettyimages-485983808.jpg

Edited by GaT
  • Love 2

His speech was well interesting, I thought he was going humble and apologetic then it went down from there to then announcing Presidency. LOL

Taylor's "Oh my god" after he was done his speech kind of says it all.

• Love 2

Here you go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3213276/Kanye-West-announces-s-running-president-2020-admitting-d-smoked-joint-epic-acceptance-speech-MTV-VMAs.html

Daily Mail, "Kanye West announces he's running for President in 2020 after admitting he'd smoked a joint before epic acceptance speech at MTV VMAs"

Woohoo, watch out Washington D.C., Kayne's gonna shake you up.

Was he serious, or just stoned and drunk? He already thinks he's Yeezy. Guess he thinks he can be Prezzy too.

Come to think of it, a Kayne presidential campaign would be fun, very snarkable. We could snark on his campaign antics (his platform would be totally bizarre), and snark on Kim dutifully following him along the campaign trail, trying to act like a potential First Lady while wearing her tits-out dresses.

The presidential candidates' debates would be fabulously weird with Kayne there. Every time another candidate tried to speak, he'd butt in with, "Ima gonna let you finish, but..."

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 2

Here you go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3213276/Kanye-West-announces-s-running-president-2020-admitting-d-smoked-joint-epic-acceptance-speech-MTV-VMAs.html

Daily Mail, "Kanye West announces he's running for President in 2020 after admitting he'd smoked a joint before epic acceptance speech at MTV VMAs"

Woohoo, watch out Washington D.C., Kayne's gonna shake you up.

Was he serious, or just stoned and drunk? He already thinks he's Yeezy. Guess he thinks he can be Prezzy too.

Come to think of it, a Kayne presidential campaign would be fun, very snarkable. We could snark on his campaign antics (his platform would be totally bizarre), and snark on Kim dutifully following him along the campaign trail, trying to act like a potential First Lady while wearing her tits-out dresses.

The presidential candidates' debates would be fabulously weird with Kayne there. Every time another candidate tried to speak, he'd butt in with, "Ima gonna let you finish, but..."

There's no way that the U.S. can be anything be a freaking laughingstock to the rest of the world. It's embarrassing as hell. I'm ready to move to Australia, for real.
  • Love 2

Now we know why he falls asleep at most functions. His high runs out.

I wonder if he and Kris share MJs medical marihuana?

Kim has always been anti drug and not much of a drinker, she can't be pleased with a 38 yr old stoner for a husband.

He must get high before picking her wardrobe..: it's the only excuse.

The giant pockets on her hips are so slimming!

And what the hell is in them? They're all lumpy. Makeup?

Candy? A couple joints? A pipe? The car keys?

• Love 5

I hope he does run.   Just so he can have his ass handed to him in the polls.   Of course he'll claim its racism.   And Kim will say the US is not ready for a biracial first couple.   But the truth will be that everyone just thinks he  is an idiot.   Maybe, just maybe, after getting his ass handed to him, he will realize his is not that wonderful and shut up and go away.    Taking the K Klan with him.   

Of course that means 5 more years of these idjits.   With luck that realization will come long before then (like tomorrow).  

• Love 2