Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

Kanye wonders why he gets no fashion respect? He looks like a slob in a t-shirt.

No respect from whom?  He's invited to haute couture fashion shows,  attends the MET Gala, was on Vogue, is dressed by top designers and was referred to as being in the first family of fashion by Andre Leon Talley.

Kanye sounded like a loon backstage ranting that the Grammy's disrespect artists and that Beck disrespects art, that he should haveb given Beyonce his Grammy. Beck should have given up his award to someone who has 20 already? God help any of us who don't kiss Beyonces ass. Oh and he also hates that the E network has an E on their microphones. Freaking nutjob.

• Love 10

Kanye keeps up his ranting even his music industry pals are going to to get sick of him.   Of course, he will then rant than The Man is keeping him down and doesn't understand his genius.    Because it can't be that he's a fricking nutjob that no one wants to deal with.

As to his being dressed by top designers, all I can say, is surely they can come up with another look for him than pleather pants, and an ugly t-shirt?   

• Love 1

Where to even begin with this jerk?

I never even knew who he was until he interrupted Taylor Swift.  I thought he was an a** then, I still think he's an a**.  I wonder how it must feel to walk into a room or a Grammy party and have everyone groan because you're a freaking buzz kill.

So he didn't interrupt Beck out of respect for his daughter, his wife and his fashion line? 

Ok, I get the daughter, but seriously, his fashion line? If it consists of anything like that hideous dress he picked out for his wife, it's a disaster to begin with.

His wife who's never had much respect for herself and who would drink up up the resulting publicity like it was a fine wine?

I don't know much about Taylor Swift either, and I only watched parts of the Grammies - but it seemed like she jumped out of her seat and applauded every winner - she seemed genuinely happy to be there and happy for the winners.  So, yeah, I'm guessing she smiled nice for the cameras with Kanye because she seems to have a certain amount of something he lacks - class.

• Love 8

Apparently he also thinks that E network should give the Kardashians should own a percentage of the E network

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/02/kanye-beck-grammys

“Like the song said, I’m ‘drunk in love’ right now,” West responded, before pointing out that there was a surplus of E! branding on the set he was currently speaking from. “We have to up the taste level across the board,” West said, before encouraging Kardashian West to take a spin in front of the camera. “Never before in the history of the world has there been such beauty.” West then implored the four E! hosts to remove the E! icons from their microphones, and said that given the multiple reality-TV shows the Kardashian family has starred in for E!, the family is entitled to own a percentage of the network.

The article also quotes Kim as saying she thought he should have gone on stage.  Of course.  No surprise there.

Of course Kim will take her douchebag husbands side. Would you expect anything less considering she let's him control her wardrobe. The look on Jay Z's face says it all, however. The guy looked horrified when he first sees him on stage. He's probably just as embarrassed by his post shown rambling.

• Love 4

If I were to interview Kanye, I wouldn't touch on the themes of his music, his fashion sense or choice of a spouse because those are matters of individual taste and preference and hey, to each his own. Instead I'd try to get a serious answer (not a rant) from him about his definitions of "respect" and "disrespect". Kanye clearly is very sensitive and demanding about getting respect for himself, his wife and his friends but he seems not the least concerned about disrespecting others and their talents and achievements. I'd like to know how he explains that because to me it reads as pure arrogance and hypocrisy.

• Love 14

“We have to up the taste level across the board,” West said, before encouraging Kardashian West to take a spin in front of the camera. “Never before in the history of the world has there been such beauty.”

If he wants to "up the taste level", then he and his wife need to go away.  As for his wife being the most beautiful in all the world, he needs to realize the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Kanye clearly is very sensitive and demanding about getting respect for himself, his wife and his friends but he seems not the least concerned about disrespecting others and their talents and achievements. I'd like to know how he explains that because to me it reads as pure arrogance and hypocrisy. 

Well said, Veronique Bette.  He shows his ass every time he opens his mouth. 

I don't care how many fashion shows he gets invited to, his leather pants and stretched out t-shirts that look like he grabbed them from the clothes hamper, and the things he styles Kim in, make him sound like an idiot when he goes on and on about his fashion sense.

• Love 6

What is Kanye wearing in that picture with Taylor Swift? It looks like some sort of hybrid pajama top, of course Kim looks like she has on an ill conceived bathrobe so maybe they dressed with a theme in mind. The idea he didn't go on stage to interrupt (again) out of respect for his fashion line is mind boggling. Does he think it has feelings? Will it be embarrassed? The folks that would buy his fashion garbage aren't going to be dissuaded by another rant of idiotic proportions by him. Ugh.

• Love 3

Kanye and Taylor Swift.  If they're over it, I think everyone else should be too:

Yeah, I'll give you that. Especially since it was years ago -- I say move on from that anyway because time passes, people change, blah blah blah.

However, when Kanye pulls essentially the same shit in real time, well, he can go fuck himself. I don't care how talented he is. I don't care if he's well-respected within the industry. He's a fucking horses ass who has an insane need for attention which causes him to trash other people and their work in his desperate attempt to grab a headline.

I have no idea whether he realizes the hypocrisy he spouts on a regular basis. Bitching about E!'s brand, while it's the reason his vapid, narcissistic wife is relevant -- while somehow managing to pimp his own "fashion line" -- is insane and it's a very low form of opportunism.

I don't care that much about Beck, and I never liked Taylor Swift -- too much of a whiny pop tart, imo -- however, (and I know it's not fair) the result of all this is I'm totally over King J and Queen Bey (listen, they can fight their own battles; somehow I think they're up to the task) because Kanye insists they're the greatest. I have new found respect for Beck for ignoring Kanye's presence on stage and God help me, I am starting to warm to Taylor Swift. She's light-years ahead of Kanye, in terms of composure and grace; he should have learned better by now.

Kanye insists on respect, and up to now, I would grant him his artistic due. But last night underscores that he's a shit of a human being who cannot, or worse, will not,  acknowledge the talent of someone he doesn't get or care for. So right back at you buddy. Right back at you motherfucker.

• Love 17

Kanye  probably went up to Taylor it looks like and she wouldn't be anything other than classy to him, even if she secretly thinks he's an ass. She has respect for others. Unlike Kanye.

No respect from whom?  He's invited to haute couture fashion shows,  attends the MET Gala, was on Vogue, is dressed by top designers and was referred to as being in the first family of fashion by Andre Leon Talley.

From whoever he rants about not respecting him, he's the one ranting about it but makes no attempt to actually dress fashionably.

Everyone is invited to fashion shows, everyone with money for a ticket attends the MET gala and being on the cover of Vogue is no big deal anymore since he did it to get his wife on the cover and Andre Talley must have drank koolaid to declare Kanye first family of anything. Look at him at the Grammys.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/02/09/kanye-west-storms-grammy-stage-over-beck-surprise-grammy-win/

Appearing on the E! network's aftershow, West said, "I just know that the Grammys, if they want real artists to keep coming back, they need to stop playing with us. We ain't gonna play with them no more. And Beck needs to respect artistry and he should've given his award to Beyoncé."

Disgusting.

Edited by Maya
  • Love 2

Beck is brilliant, Kanye a jackass, and Beyoncé just bleh. YMMV. Kanye made a fool of himself once again, disrespecting others. And I'm sure Taylor Swift is just smiling for the picture.

Beyonce is pre programmed pop.    And Kanye is not fit to tie Beck's converses.   Fuck you, you low IQ idiot.   Beck is the shit. 

• Love 9

I'm just waiting for E! to sugar coat this whole thing during their 'news' shows and for Fashion Police to fall all over themselves praising the Kim bathrobe since apparently the Kardashians own a percentage of the network, per Kanye.  Even if they don't own the network from a strict financial sense, E! acts like they do.

And the hypocrisy of Kanye telling everyone to rip off the E! logo from the microphones -  and Kim publicly backing him up!!!!!! - absolutely blows my mind.  How can anyone be so completely unconscious of their own ass hattery?

• Love 2

Wow, this fucknugget did it again, didn't he?

The shame of it is that for all the ink it's going to get for the next day or two, by next year he'll be back in that Grammy audience, and even if he's got security on him that time keeping him off the stage, he'll still be pulling faces and slinging shit at people in interviews.

As for Beyonce?  It's time for her to make a public statement disassociating herself from this jackass.  And she needs to do it quickly--like TODAY. 

I actually get being upset that some white guy won an award over a black woman.  But if Kanye thinks he's the right person to "champion" that, then he's even more delusional than we thought.   And blaming the recipient instead of the voters of the Academy?  Fuck you, West.

To cap off the madness, moments after K-bomb pulled his assholery, Beck's Wikipedia page got edited and someone added ""He is the stealer of The Album of the Year award.  He took it from Beyoncé Knowles, the Queen of the World."  Really nice Internet.  Validate Kanye, why don't you?

• Love 3
Wow, this fucknugget did it again, didn't he?

WELL SAID. It will be interesting to see if Beyoncé does anything in response; my hunch is no. And really, she didn't do anything wrong so I don't blame her for that (and Beck is a class act).

What totally pisses me off is that last night I actually had a brief moment of enjoying his music before he had to make it all about him, again, ™Julia Roberts. I thought his solo performance and group performance with Rihanna & Sir Paul were great, and I was having all sorts of fond memories back to when I listened to The College Dropout a gazillion times over in 2003. And then, not so much.

He's such a giant douchecanoe. 

So let me get this straight. Kanye thinks that every time Beyonce is nominated that she should automatically win? What if she was up against his newest bud, Sir Paul? Or is it just against white performers in general?

I think the funniest thing would be if Beyonce were nominated against Kanye. So if Kanye won, would he concede to Beyonce? I'll bet if she bested him, he wouldn't be singing her praises. What a moron.

I doubt that Beyonce will respond in any way. Sad.

• Love 1

The shame of it is that for all the ink it's going to get for the next day or two, by next year he'll be back in that Grammy audience, and even if he's got security on him that time keeping him off the stage, he'll still be pulling faces and slinging shit at people in interviews.

The people who run the Grammys are the same people who see no problem with running a message from President Obama about domestic violence, while welcoming back Chris Brown as a nominee (and some years as a performer) every year since he beat a woman. The Grammys like the publicity, they don't care who's an asshole.

• Love 3

I don't know what Kanye's thing is with Beyonce. If I didn't know better I'd say he has a thing for her and kind of wishes he was in Jay Z's shoes. I know it's not Beyonce's fault, however, I have to think that if either she or Jay Z took their good buddy aside and said "you know, between you and me, stop this, please. It doesn't look good for anyone and it's okay if we don't win all the time. We basically win at life anyway, so it's no big deal." Really, I think it's the only thing that will make him stop with all the "that award belongs to Beyonce" bullshit.

Of course, it wouldn't stop his other ass-holish behavior, because there is no force of nature strong enough to do that.

• Love 6

Am I the only one who thinks what Kane did is hilarious. He's making himself, Beyonce and Kim all look like fools. Glad Beck won and not Beyonce.

If it were anyone else it would have been. Or it would have been right up to when at the after parties he's quoted as saying it wasn't such a joke, that Beck should have given his award to Beyonce. I only hope the next time (and I pray there isn't one) he wins an award, someone races on stage and snatches it from him and gives it to Beyonce. And his idiot wife just stands there with her immobile face nodding and agreeing with him.

I can't believe JayZ and Beyonce are okay with it.

• Love 1

Kanye is like a child throwing a tantrum when he gets like this. He's not going to change his ways because people tell him he's misbehaving. He's had ten years now of knowing how awards shows work yet still shows up to them and is disappointed when they go how they do. It's like Charlie Brown and the football and this point; he could always stay home if he wanted, but then everyone would be ignoring him. The producers of these shows keep inviting Kanye in part because they have their fingers crossed he'll do something that will go viral. Hey, it beats Soy Bomb.

The VMA incident I found jackassish and mean, but the initial stage-rush last night, kind of funny if attention hoggish, and the later rant about artistry more eye roll worthy than anything else. He's just babbling hypocritical nonsense and is so ridiculous that I can't be bothered to get worked up about anything he says, or feel he needs to be punished by being banned from awards shows henceforth.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 2

Kanye is an ass and will always be an ass as long as he is allowed to keep up his ass-filled tactics.  Just because this ego driven maniac is allowed to rant like he does and isn't stopped, nothing will change.  He shouldn't be allowed to go on stage if he has nothing to do with the award and there should be security guards to stop him. He may be talented in his music but if he is so arrogant to see that others aren't he doesn't belong anywhere near this show.  Instead of pointing the finger at Beck Kanye look at the 3 pointing back at you about artistry.  He's done a lot, if not more, than you. It doesn't take away from what you did but you need to recognize those around you besides who you feel.  You are NOT the desciding factor of all things artistry.

• Love 3

If it were anyone else it would have been. Or it would have been right up to when at the after parties he's quoted as saying it wasn't such a joke, that Beck should have given his award to Beyonce. I only hope the next time (and I pray there isn't one) he wins an award, someone races on stage and snatches it from him and gives it to Beyonce. And his idiot wife just stands there with her immobile face nodding and agreeing with him.

I can't believe JayZ and Beyonce are okay with it.

This NEEDS to happen.

• Love 1

I actually get being upset that some white guy won an award over a black woman.

Huh? I'm not understanding this statement at all. What does the color of their skin have to do with anything?

Beck isn't "some white guy". He's actually a very talented artist (fuck you Kanye) who is well respected and has a lot of class which is more than the jackass can say.

You think Beyonce should have won because she's black and Beck is white?

I'm sincerely just trying to understand that sentence.

• Love 7

Huh? I'm not understanding this statement at all. What does the color of their skin have to do with anything?

Beck isn't "some white guy". He's actually a very talented artist (fuck you Kanye) who is well respected and has a lot of class which is more than the jackass can say.

You think Beyonce should have won because she's black and Beck is white?

I'm sincerely just trying to understand that sentence.

Didn't you read the rest of the post, where I spent pretty much ALL of it saying the opposite?   I was talking about the abstract idea that people might be seeing a racial agenda, and even more importantly (in a current sense) a gender based one, and that I understood the notion because it face it... historically it's happened a lot for both of those groups.  We're not talking about overt racism or sexism here, but the idea of a glass ceiling in terms of rewards.  Again, this is in the ABSTRACT.  I thought my post as a whole made it pretty clear I wasn't talking about this instance but instead about the mindset Kanye is PRETENDING to champion.  

But a mockery was being made of even the IDEA of that, because Kanye West is not only a man (missing the whole female half of the equation, even if not the racial end), but also a rich, self-indulgent, arrogant prick, who's gotten pretty much everything he wants.  And in fact, in his case, I'm talking about his whole life and not just since he became a star, because he grew up a suburbanite upper-middle class kid, not in the hood. Maybe there was still a glass ceiling on parts of his life, but he's still coming from a fairly privileged background, even if not a "Privileged:' background with a capital P (which is a fairly complex idea we probably don't need to debate here that in a nutshell talks about the inherent advantages of being certain things).  And in the end, he's acting like he's the modern day second coming of his Black Panther father over something fairly inconsequential--in an overall socio-political sense at the very least  We're not talking about public funding of minority businesses, or healthcare for the urban poor, or anything of weight.  We're talking about a ridiculous famous person acting butt hurt over an award that probably would have gone to ANOTHER white man (albeit a gay British one) and not the black female, if Beck hadn't pulled off that surprise win. 

• Love 2

Once again, Kanye showed his ass at an awards show, this time at Beck's expense. Not only has Kanye not matured a bit since he pulled this shit on Taylor Swift over 5 years ago, he's gotten even worse. Usually fatherhood makes men more mature but Kanye's an exception to the rule, to say the least. Kanye's rushing the stage when Beck won his Album Of the Year Grammy and later ranting that he should've given it to Beyoncé insulted Beck, Bey and even Prince, who presented the award-and should've smacked Kanye upside the head for upstaging him. I'm a Beck fan, but I thought that Beyoncé should've won AOtY because it's not only a great album, it's changed the game. That said, it was Beck's moment and Kanye had no right to ruin it nor use Beyoncé as an excuse.

However well-meaning Kanye thought he was, I think his tantrum hurt Beyoncé, not helped her. Beyoncé's been winning Grammies for years, including this one, without Kanye's "help." If Kanye tries to rush the stage every time Bey loses an award, I wouldn't be suprised. If Jay-Z, Bey's husband, isn't doing this crap, then Kanye shouldn't be, either. Bey  probably already has tried to stop Kanye from doing this, but Yeezus being Yeezus, he didn't listen. I'm definitely starting to think that Kanye's in love with Beyoncé, but since Jay-Z's got her, he settled for Kim instead. As for Kanye & Kim's playing kissy-face on the Grammy red carpet, please.  Talk about desperation. That was about as convincing to me as Michael Jackson & Lisa Marie Presley's VMA kiss, if not less.

Kanye's doing a song/video about how much he loves North while doing things that will haunt her later in life reeks of hypocrisy. As for "FourFive Seconds," that song works despite Kanye, not because of him. Taylor Swift's willingness to pose for pictures with him despite his publically humiliating her and Beck's taking the high road despite Kanye's humiliating him shows me that they have the kind of maturity, tact and class that Kanye not only lacks, he's never had in the first place.

• Love 3

Watching the video of Kanye's rant, I had to laugh.  Kim is watching him with a big smile on her face, as if he's spouting the most profound thing she's ever heard in her life.  Then I saw a photo of her later in the evening, holding the front of her "robe" closed so as not to show her bits.  A little late for that, don't ya think?

• Love 2

Paul Stanley Says Beck Should Have Kicked Kanye West ‘Right in the Nuts’

Shirley Manson of Garbage also went off on Kanye

I personally hope he keeps this shit up.  Let the industry continue to see the asshole he is.

The acid test is going to be if even a single black entertainer of any note goes off on him.

Or do we get a "Cosby", where the ones who probably should say something bite their tongues, and others just blindly defend him.

Mind you, this is the same fame community who let Chris Brown continue to have a spotlight.  Or also on the subject of Browns... Bobby Brown.

• Love 3

I say let's give Paul Stanley and Shirley Manson Grammies right now!

Because of this latest episode I have absolutely no use for Kanye. However, I can't/won't compare what he did to what Chris Brown did or what Bill Cosby has been accused of doing (which is heartbreaking to me). In this instance, acting the asshole you are is not in the same realm of violence against women. The only person(s) I would expect to say something to/about Kanye's behavior besides him, Beck or Kim is Beyonce and Jay Z. And honestly, their silence says a lot to me. It'd be nice and classy if Beyonce would issue a statement along the lines of "blah blah blah I appreciate the nomination and blah blah blah, it's an honor to be nominated. Blah blah blah I appreciate Kanye's support, but Beck produced an outstanding album, blah blah blah blessed to have a great family, interesting career and supportive friends, blah blah blah let's move on."

But Beyonce's not saying anything and I don't expect she will. My guess is we won't see anybody really high profile, black or white, say anything for fear of dissing the first family of popular music. I'm guessing Beyonce and Jay Z have a lot more outright pull and power in the business than Beck does.

So while I'm all for the piling on that Paul Stanley and Shirley Manson are doing, it'd be more meaningful if someone like Madonna, or Sir Paul, or Rhianna showed some support for Beck's win.

I'm also willing to bet people in the music industry know exactly what kind of asshole Kanye is. But he's a rich, well-connected asshole with powerful friends and sells a lot of records, so they deal with it.

• Love 2

Kanye is an ass and before he goes throwing the word artist around, maybe he should look at the fact that Beck writes and composes all of his songs, by himself, while Beyoncé needs 12 co-writers on just one song.

I don't understand why Kanye's behavior is constantly going unchecked. Normally I hate the race card, but if a white artist had done this not once, but twice to black artists, they would be called racist and would have to make public apologies, and probably have take a trip to rehab to sort out their issues.

• Love 5

I say let's give Paul Stanley and Shirley Manson Grammies right now!

Because of this latest episode I have absolutely no use for Kanye. However, I can't/won't compare what he did to what Chris Brown did or what Bill Cosby has been accused of doing (which is heartbreaking to me). In this instance, acting the asshole you are is not in the same realm of violence against women. The only person(s) I would expect to say something to/about Kanye's behavior besides him, Beck or Kim is Beyonce and Jay Z. And honestly, their silence says a lot to me. It'd be nice and classy if Beyonce would issue a statement along the lines of "blah blah blah I appreciate the nomination and blah blah blah, it's an honor to be nominated. Blah blah blah I appreciate Kanye's support, but Beck produced an outstanding album, blah blah blah blessed to have a great family, interesting career and supportive friends, blah blah blah let's move on."

But Beyonce's not saying anything and I don't expect she will. My guess is we won't see anybody really high profile, black or white, say anything for fear of dissing the first family of popular music. I'm guessing Beyonce and Jay Z have a lot more outright pull and power in the business than Beck does.

So while I'm all for the piling on that Paul Stanley and Shirley Manson are doing, it'd be more meaningful if someone like Madonna, or Sir Paul, or Rhianna showed some support for Beck's win.

I'm also willing to bet people in the music industry know exactly what kind of asshole Kanye is. But he's a rich, well-connected asshole with powerful friends and sells a lot of records, so they deal with it.

Beyonce needs to wear a shirt with a disclaimer saying the views and opinions expressed by that asshole do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Beyonce.   I also want her to release a statement distancing him because I'm sorry I love Beyonce but it makes me feel like behind the scenes they are just clapping this guy on the back going "oh Kanye, you so crazy."

Edited by funkopop
  • Love 3

I'm sure Beck welcomes the attention he's getting, since people who don't know him or forgot him will listen to his music and see how great it is.    So that's a win.    He's one of the few from the explosion of great talent in the early '90's who is still around and doing what he wants to do.   I have nothing against Beyoncé,   but I don't think she's a particularly good singer,   I don't think she composes music,  I don't think she's proficient on any particular instrument, and the lyrics penned for her with her throwing in a word or two for song writing credits are trite.    Beck does all of the above.        There aren't too many pop artists who are actual musicians anymore. 

Kanye is a hack.   He wants the respect that comes with Beyoncé's superstardom,   and the musician cred that Beck has rightfully cultivated.   He's lashing out like a baby at both, really.     They should invite him to every single function and keep a tranquilizer blow dart when he makes for the stage. 

• Love 5

So out of all the awards given, the only undeserved one was Beck's? Every other winner, in Kanye's mind was totally on point? Odd that in the history of award giving the only two that were undeserved were those that DIDN'T go to Beyonce. Did Beyonce win every other award she was nominated for, everytime she was nominated? I find that hard to believe. In those categories, who did win and why were they deemed justified by the great Yeezus?

I'm sure Beck welcomes the attention he's getting, since people who don't know him or forgot him will listen to his music and see how great it is.    So that's a win.    He's one of the few from the explosion of great talent in the early '90's who is still around and doing what he wants to do.   I have nothing against Beyoncé,   but I don't think she's a particularly good singer,   I don't think she composes music,  I don't think she's proficient on any particular instrument, and the lyrics penned for her with her throwing in a word or two for song writing credits are trite.    Beck does all of the above.        There aren't too many pop artists who are actual musicians anymore. 

Kanye is a hack.   He wants the respect that comes with Beyoncé's superstardom,   and the musician cred that Beck has rightfully cultivated.   He's lashing out like a baby at both, really.     They should invite him to every single function and keep a tranquilizer blow dart when he makes for the stage.

No need for tranquilizers, a well placed foot, a trip and a hearty round of applause from the audience should cure that asshole. If not, go to the tranquilizers!!!
  • Love 4

Kanye is an ass and before he goes throwing the word artist around, maybe he should look at the fact that Beck writes and composes all of his songs, by himself, while Beyoncé needs 12 co-writers on just one song.

I don't understand why Kanye's behavior is constantly going unchecked. Normally I hate the race card, but if a white artist had done this not once, but twice to black artists, they would be called racist and would have to make public apologies, and probably have take a trip to rehab to sort out their issues.

I'll take your word for it, but just because Beck (or anyone else) writes and composes his own songs doesn't automatically make them good, pleasing to the ear and superior than someone who doesn't write everything.  At the end of the day what matters is the quality of the product (which is subjective).  A lot of people hate the "race card" until something strikes a chord with them.  I don't think it's about race, but about Beyonce losing in those categories.

Yes, Kanye was rude for going on stage, but I'm not understanding why he's bashed for his opinion.  People in this thread have given negative opinions constantly about Kanye and the whole Kardashian family.

I think you may be confusing this with a fan site, it's most definitely not. Most (not all, but most) people are not fans of Kanye or the Kardashians, & come here to post their opinions about them, which are negative.

I'll take your word for it, but just because Beck (or anyone else) writes and composes his own songs doesn't automatically make them good, pleasing to the ear and superior than someone who doesn't write everything.  At the end of the day what matters is the quality of the product (which is subjective).  

Absolutely. I personally think that Beyonce is mediocre at best, but I know a lot of people like her songs. I've been mostly annoyed by all her songs from this latest album & I think "Drunk in Love" truly sucks. Beck may not be everyone's idea of good music, but to say "And Beck needs to respect artistry and he should've given his award to Beyoncé." is just being an asshole. Who is Kanye to say Beck isn't an artist? Who is Kanye to say he should give Beyonce his Grammy?

• Love 5