Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

I had posted under Kylie's link yesterday.  If anyone is praising these designs, then the only thing I can figure it is one of those deals that the clothing is just so outrageous, no one is to really wear them, just look at them on the models.  But check out the boots Kylie is wearing, they are really strange, one toe is pointy, the other is square looking. 

There is a picture of Beyoncé sitting next to Kim in the above link where they refer to her as Kim's BFF.  Also, you can see that not only Kim is wearing one of Kanye's "creations", North is forced to also.

Kris looks horrible in the picture here .  Her eyes look weird. In the picture below the one of Khloe & Kris, it looks like a group of zombies.

I do not understand why someone would bring a baby to a show like this. I am sure Kanye would say to give her 'culture' but very disrespectful to others.

I just do not see anything that they are wearing as being 'high fashion'.

I thought the models and the clothes looked like something you would see in a Nazi concentration camp, seriously.
  • Love 4

In my opinion, most of the models looked like homeless people in those getups.  What is fashionable about some guy (pic.#9) wearing a gray sweatshirt that is at least three sizes too big and gray pants that would fit a 6'5" guy?  People can already find clothes that look like that at Walmart; all they have to do is buy 3-4 sizes too big.

• Love 3

Who would buy this

I just don't know.  I do not get it. It was as if everything was done to make those models look as unattractive as possible.  They are not even standing up straight.  How much creativity does it take to take a winter coat & rip the hem out of it, throw on some tights, a bodysuit and pair of knee high boots? 

• Love 3

Not that I'm judging, and not that I think it was a bad decision, but what exactly was Kendall's reason for not being in the show?  She was AT the show in the front row...

I think she may be the only one of them who acknowledges that his shit is ugly, and she just didn't want to wear it.

• Love 1

I guess the only think I'm doubting is if Wang was so pissed at even the thought of Kendall walking Kanye's show why would he bother to attend in the first place? Then again I know nothing about how the fashion world operates. But good for Kendall for not kissing Kanye's ass and bowing down to his so called greatness. I dont believe for a minute though whoever the "source" is that Kylie was always his first choice.  Please.

• Love 1

This explains why no Kendall. She said no to do Alexander Wang. Smart and good for her.

http://pagesix.com/2015/02/13/kylie-modeled-in-kanyes-show-because-kendall-was-unavailable/

Kendall's no genius and modeling's not rocket science. But good for her for making smart choices and fulfilling the Wang commitment. She seems serious about her career and REAL designers continue to book her. Kanye can suck it.

Read the part about sheer boy shorts. Good thing I'm not interested enough to check out his collection. That sounds frightening.

Edited by RealityCowgirl

I had posted under Kylie's link yesterday. If anyone is praising these designs, then the only thing I can figure it is one of those deals that the clothing is just so outrageous, no one is to really wear them, just look at them on the models. But check out the boots Kylie is wearing, they are really strange, one toe is pointy, the other is square looking.

There is a picture of Beyoncé sitting next to Kim in the above link where they refer to her as Kim's BFF. Also, you can see that not only Kim is wearing one of Kanye's "creations", North is forced to also.

Kris looks horrible in the picture here . Her eyes look weird. In the picture below the one of Khloe & Kris, it looks like a group of zombies.

I do not understand why someone would bring a baby to a show like this. I am sure Kanye would say to give her 'culture' but very disrespectful to others.

I just do not see anything that they are wearing as being 'high fashion'.

OMG the picture of Kris Khloe and Kendall is hilarious! Kris can't move her face at all anymore and has that perma-surprised look, Khloe looks like a plastic blowup sex toy and Kendall is a ringer for Wednesday Addams! Lol Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 3

OMG the picture of Kris Khloe and Kendall is hilarious! Kris can't move her face at all anymore and has that perma-surprised look, Khloe looks like a plastic blowup sex toy and Kendall is a ringer for Wednesday Addams! Lol

Kendall's getting the same frozen face/scowl that Kim and Kanye have perfected. Maybe she doesn't want any wrinkles?

Kris still smiles but it's turning "Jokerish" and Khloe seems torn whether to scowl or not.

I can't imagine Kendall wearing that crap Kanye designed. Kylie, yeah. She thinks she's edgy. But Kendall? No way.

• Love 1

OMG the picture of Kris Khloe and Kendall is hilarious! Kris can't move her face at all anymore and has that perma-surprised look, Khloe looks like a plastic blowup sex toy and Kendall is a ringer for Wednesday Addams! Lol

Kendall does look like Wednesday Addams!  But she is also the most natural looking out of that whole family.

• Love 1

Fashion is way too serious for me. Is there any reason these people can't just be beautiful????

Seriously. What happened to the days of Cindy Crawford and Linda Evangelista? Fashion used to be fun.

Molly Blair who is with the same agency as Kendall looked like a serial killer or a school shooter

B913IhnCEAAHEIu.jpg

I'm getting early 90s/Nine Inch Nails/Marilyn Manson realness from this.

• Love 3

So I'm reading this story about the fashion show on Gossip Cop & besides laughing at the part where Kanye says that being part of the Kardashian family has taught him to respect women, I loved this:

The rapper brings up a recent photo of himself bending down to the floor to adjust Kardashian’s pant leg, and notes, “That’s what I want to do for the world.” He explains, “I want to get on my knees and fix everyone’s pant leg, if they’ll have me. If they’ll have me make that adjustment.

So if you're out & feel something tugging on your pants leg, look down, Kanye may be giving you an adjustment.

• Love 8

He continues, “The so-called traction that I was getting in the high-fashion world was completely thrown out the window and I was finally allowed to go to school, where every day I was in my mom [Kris Jenner]’s house, in my little brother’s old room, [Rob Kardashian]’s old room, re-tailoring a Céline skirt, re-tailoring a Saint Laurent jacket, re-tailoring a Zara top, re-tailoring Wolford… And day by day by day, [Kim and I] learned, we got better. We looked at the photographs together and she improved my style, we improved each other.”

He says of his now-wife, “She was always my muse, now she’s become other designers’ muses. Or designers’ muses, because like I said, I don’t want to disrespect designers by calling myself a designer, I just think I have a vision of something that I want to do. But God has a special way to teach people through life. I guess I got a little more credit for my second collection than my first, for whatever that is worth.” West refers to Kardashian’s physique as “the body of all bodies” to inspire his designs

So he took other designers stuff and "re-tailored" it?

Kim's body inspires his designs? WTF? she couldn't fit one of her tits in those outfits. Even the pantyhose looked like shit on her. Only the oversized camo parka was interesting and it's a rip off of all the parkas out there. All he did was make the sleeves too long for any normal person. That must be his trademark look.. too long sleeves... very cutting edge. 

• Love 1

An opinion I'm almost embarrassed to share: I had a flash of remembering why I once loved Kanye thanks to the SNL 40 special. The opening bars of Jesus Walks just GET ME. It was basically all downhill from there, but for one brief moment I remembered all the talent and none of the drama.

• Love 3

I wonder why fashion can't represent the"everyday woman" without costing a grand an outfit.

I'd love for a good designer to do a line of stunning clothes for us mere mortals. At an affordable rate.

That's Kanye's goal. For all his ripped  and holey shit to be available to the masses at affordable prices. Someone needs to tell him about Good Will. Though I don't think even Good Will would have the nerve to charge for that unholy, holey mess of a sweater.

• Love 3

In his interview, Kanye said his new clothing line was influenced by dressing his wife and "solving her styling problems".  If memory serves me right, she use to dress so much better and wore many outfits that looked really good on her.  Now she's the laughing stock of many for wearing whatever ridiculous outfit Kanye convinces her that she'll look good in.  Talk about being brainwashed! 

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 5

In his interview, Kanye said his new clothing line was influenced by dressing his wife and "solving her styling problems".  If memory serves me right, she use to dress so much better and wore many outfits that looked really good on her.  Now she's the laughing stock of many for wearing whatever ridiculous outfit Kanye convinces her that she'll look good in.  Talk about being brainwashed!

Eh, she's pretty much always looked like 10lbs of sausage in a 5lb sack, but she definitely looks more like a streetwalker now. If he considers that an improvement, I guess it is. Why he just doesn't parade her around completely naked, I don't know. Maybe it flatters his ego to have people knowing he gets to bang Kim K. God knows he talks about fucking her often enough.

• Love 2

I wonder why fashion can't represent the"everyday woman" without costing a grand an outfit.

I'd love for a good designer to do a line of stunning clothes for us mere mortals. At an affordable rate.

Do you really want a rag to wear with polka dots. Some designs are ugly. And I still don't get why designer clothing are so expensive. A polo with a horse $200 a regular polo $20. Same to me.

In his interview, Kanye said his new clothing line was influenced by dressing his wife and "solving her styling problems". If memory serves me right, she use to dress so much better and wore many outfits that looked really good on her. Now she's the laughing stock of many for wearing whatever ridiculous outfit Kanye convinces her that she'll look good in. Talk about being brainwashed!

Jesus Kanye. He's so full of it

• Love 2

Kanye must be taking drugs, now he wants to the the Creative Director for The Gap. The Gap. The Gap is as mainstream as it gets, I somehow don't see Kanye's outside spanx line as being part of The Gap:

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-features/TMG11418010/Kanye-West-I-want-to-be-the-creative-director-of-Gap.html

As a little happy bonus, scroll down to Kim's picture. If that isn't the face of someone thinking "fuck my life" I don't know what is. Even Kim knows what crap the clothes she's wearing are. I'm guessing the response to Kanye's line was less than enthusiastic & he's desperately trying to find somewhere that he can be a "designer" so he's trying for The Gap. I can't wait for the "Kanye for Target" line to come out.

This may be the only time I'm ever going to agree with Kelly Cutrone.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 2

See that bomber jacket? That was a big trend in the 90's and is now starting to come back in style and popping up in places like Old Navy. And that hoodie Kanye is wearing can be found in any clothing store and basically looks like a $10 sweatshirt from Target. There's nothing original or special about his "designs". Between those, the outfit Kim got stuck wearing and the bulletproof vests I'm shocked just SHOCKED his dreams of high end fashion have already come to a screeching halt.  I will never believe for a minute anyone with legit knowledge of fashion approved this crap.

kanye_3202553a.jpg

• Love 3

Kanye must be taking drugs, now he wants to the the Creative Director for The Gap. The Gap. The Gap is as mainstream as it gets, I somehow don't see Kanye's outside spanx line as being part of The Gap:

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-features/TMG11418010/Kanye-West-I-want-to-be-the-creative-director-of-Gap.html

As a little happy bonus, scroll down to Kim's picture. If that isn't the face of someone thinking "fuck my life" I don't know what is. Even Kim knows what crap the clothes she's wearing are. I'm guessing the response to Kanye's line was less than enthusiastic & he's desperately trying to find somewhere that he can be a "designer" so he's trying for The Gap. I can't wait for the "Kanye for Target" line to come out.

This may be the only time I'm ever going to agree with Kelly Cutrone.

Heh. I used to call that stupid pose "Aliens planted me in a corn field." Now I know it's actually "I'm peeing myself."

;)

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2

He always has an excuse for why he doesn't succeed. Now his excuse is because he hooked up with Kim and she's a reality show celeb and people don't take them seriously blah blah blah. Stick with music, at least you have had some success there, clothing isn't your game. Play dress up with Kim and North and spare us.

What's funny is that suddenly he wants to provide fashion that's affordable to the masses, but his wife only cares about expensive high end stuff that she loves knowing only the elite can afford. If he really felt that way no way in hell would he have his daughter wearing a 3500 fur coat. All the crap he designed is readily available already, who wants anything with his name on it, that will only increase the price.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2

So Kanye went on radio and confirmed Tyga&Kylie. LOL He said "he got in early, he's smart." What an idiot. He also trashed Amber and went on other rants.

http://allhiphop.com/2015/02/20/kanye-west-beck-grammys-amber-rose-tyga-kylie-jenner-minister-farrakhan-drake-wolves-breakfast-club

http://www.vulture.com/2015/02/kanye-west-slams-amber-rose-in-new-interview.html

Kanye West’s Twitter Rant to NYFW Creator Fern Mallis: Fame, Dreams and Drinks at The Spotted Pig

http://www.celebuzz.com/2015-02-20/kanye-west-twitter-rant-fern-mallis/

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

You know, I always thought Kanye was super talented and was entertained by his over the top ness; and even though I thought he was a jerk for interrupting Taylor, I felt for him because he lost his mom around then and seemed to be going through a genuinely rough time.

Then the last couple of weeks happened. Nothing will convince me that he is not weirdly obsessed with Beyonce, whether sexually or because she is Jay's wife and he wants to be in with them. He is not the arbiter of what is the best music, he is certainly entitled to his opinion but taking away from someone's moment is inexcusable. Beck handled it well, but Kanye needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Now this disgusting interview about Amber Rose and that Kylie mention, he is just too much for me. Saying that he needed to shower 30 times after being with Amber before being with Kim of all people? I get that Amber is feuding with Khloe or whatever and the Kardashians are family now, but there is zero need to go off on her in that way.

And the Kylie thing....ugh. I feel bad for her weirdly, she has no normal adults in her corner. Tyga may be 25 to her 17, but saying he got in early and is smart. Ew. Sounds like promoting grooming her to be the next Kim.

Bye Kanye.

Edited by Janet Snakehole
  • Love 5

You know, I always thought Kanye was super talented and was entertained by his over the top ness; and even though I thought he was a jerk for interrupting Taylor, I felt for him because he lost his mom around then and seemed to be going through a genuinely rough time.

Then the last couple of weeks happened. Nothing will convince me that he is not weirdly obsessed with Beyonce, whether sexually or because she is Jay's wife and he wants to be in with them. He is not the arbiter of what is the best music, he is certainly entitled to his opinion but taking away from someone's moment is inexcusable. Beck handled it well, but Kanye needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Now this disgusting interview about Amber Rose and that Kylie mention, he is just too much for me. Saying that he needed to shower 30 times after being with Amber before being with Kim of all people? I get that Amber is feuding with Khloe or whatever and the Kardashians are family now, but there is zero need to go off on her in that way.

And the Kylie thing....ugh. I feel bad for her weirdly, she has no normal adults in her corner. Tyga may be 25 to her 17, but saying he got in early and is smart. Ew. Sounds like promoting grooming her to be the next Kim.

Bye Kanye.

I wonder how many showers he'll need to take before anyone else would fuck him. The sweaty leather pants in the CA heat alone would gross me out, let alone the stench of Kim's pissed on spanx and the Eau de Ray J.  

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2

If you arent following Amber Rose may I recommend doing so? She tore down Khloe, Kim, now shes letting Kanye have it..And like I hoped it she spent no time responding to the 30 showers comment LOL 

Amber Rose @DaRealAmberRose  
Wait 30 showers? But Kim let RayJ nut on her.... Never mind.
Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 4

Yeah, this feud is all made for television, but really low-brow television, which is pretty on point with the participants. No wonder Kourtney is MIA in all of this.

I read Kanye's remarks about Kylie and Tyga and I was frankly appalled. I know she's had to grow up fast and is living in a more sophisticated, adult world, but she is still a child. And I think she's probably actually immature for her age, instead of being one of those 17 year olds who are old/wise beyond their years. Every goddamned person in this family should be ashamed of themselves for the path she's taking.

One of the things that disgusts me the most about this whole crew is how they objectify women -- themselves -- and the message it sends to the people who (for some mysterious reason) like/respect/admire them. And all of Kanye's talk about fucking Kim this or that way and Tyga getting in early and smart, etc. is incredibly disrespectful for those women. You'd think someone who makes getting respect a personal mission might get the hypocrisy here.

Fern Mallis may be my new best friend. Her very short, simple statement obviously got under Kanye's skin and nudged some deep insecurity.

Asshole.

• Love 4

Yeah, this feud is all made for television, but really low-brow television, which is pretty on point with the participants. No wonder Kourtney is MIA in all of this.

I read Kanye's remarks about Kylie and Tyga and I was frankly appalled. I know she's had to grow up fast and is living in a more sophisticated, adult world, but she is still a child. And I think she's probably actually immature for her age, instead of being one of those 17 year olds who are old/wise beyond their years. Every goddamned person in this family should be ashamed of themselves for the path she's taking.

One of the things that disgusts me the most about this whole crew is how they objectify women -- themselves -- and the message it sends to the people who (for some mysterious reason) like/respect/admire them. And all of Kanye's talk about fucking Kim this or that way and Tyga getting in early and smart, etc. is incredibly disrespectful for those women. You'd think someone who makes getting respect a personal mission might get the hypocrisy here.

Fern Mallis may be my new best friend. Her very short, simple statement obviously got under Kanye's skin and nudged some deep insecurity.

Asshole.

Let's see how fast Kanye backpedals on his comments on Kylie. If he were my husband and he made a remark like that about my little sister? He'd be sleeping in the dog house for a few weeks. I wonder what Brandon and Brody would have to say or even Scott. Why isn't Kris opening her mouth or Bruce for that matter?

Yeah I wonder how this idiot would feel when HIS daughter is Kylie's age and men can talk about how smart it is to get in early?

Eta: apparently that interview was pretty recorded and in the full version he says Tyga and Kylie are in love. Considering Tyga just made an attempt to squash the dating rumors im sure he's thrilled.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 1