Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: James B's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Eldemarge said:

My friend just offered her very nice Brooklyn apartment to me to stay in next year when she goes on her sabbatical and I have the option to work remote.  My FIRST thought was all the awesome bagels I will have access to.  This could either be awesome or a terrible mistake.

My husband went to our local bagel shop and bought a DOZEN bagels. Its just the two of us. I froze most of them but I had one today. And yesterday. We have a fantastic bagel shop. 

I'm still boggling over that cake. We used to buy a lot of cakes at my last job (whenever someone in my boss's group defended their PhD, the tradition was a cake and champagne party. So I bought many cakes over the years.) And fancy bakery cakes, like the one his cousin brought to his house? Cost about $75! EVERY DAY. Jesus. 

• Love 8

Why is he complaining? The show has been on for maybe 10 years now. You know Dr Now promotes a low carb diet. What the eff did you think you'd be eating? None of this should be a surprise to any of these patients anymore.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Pounders, 1200/day is really low for these people.  I try to stay under 1500 calories as I diet because 1200 wasn't doing it for me.  I lost slowly but at least I wasn't grabbing at every edible thing that I could get my hands on.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

My friend just offered her very nice Brooklyn apartment to me to stay in next year when she goes on her sabbatical and I have the option to work remote.  My FIRST thought was all the awesome bagels I will have access to.  This could either be awesome or a terrible mistake.

You’ll be walking the bagel calories off, and then some.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, LEILANI2 said:

I mean wouldn't you get sick of a huge slab of red velvet every damn day after a while, especially if you can't breath and have to use a stick to clean out all your fat crevices.

You would think.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Pounders, 1200/day is really low for these people.  I try to stay under 1500 calories as I diet because 1200 wasn't doing it for me.  I lost slowly but at least I wasn't grabbing at every edible thing that I could get my hands on.

I think it’s been said the doctor now doesn’t really expect them to eat 1200 cal a day he’s just putting the calories a little bit since everybody seems to over estimate how many calories they actually eat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

1200/day is really low, period. That's where I'm usually at, unless my anxiety kicks into high gear.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

His flat unenthusiastic OK's suggest he is either not giving up cake, or thinking red velvet cake is 100% protein.

He's mourning his "cake break-up".  That doesn't bode well.  He sounds like he feels all he needs to do is lose 80 lbs. and then "pouf" Dr. Now will do surgery and he'll be fixed!

The reality isn't going to be pretty.....hope he keeps his positive attitude...we'll see.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I think Dr. Now says 1200, knowing that most will have 2000 to 2500 a day.   

By the way, the Supersized episode tomorrow night is Ryan.    I'm skipping that one. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

I watch Cash Jordan on YT. He's a real estate guy in NYC who started doing videos during the pandemic because he couldn't give in person apartment tours. He shows the neighborhoods as well as the apartments and people from all over the world watch, with most of them not living anywhere near NYC. He's a nice guy with a little family that he shows sometimes. Living in a Midwest college town, but having worked in NYC, I get jealous of all the shops and restaurants. We have our share, but the food diversity is nowhere like NYC. 

Take a look at his channel and search for the apartments in Brooklyn. I'll be honest, Brooklyn or Manhattan, some of those NYC apartments are a nightmare. And of course, there are some that are fantastic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I checked out the 1200 cal diet, and it wasn't recommended except for people preparing for WLS and under a doctor's supervision directly.  The fat limiting is extreme on it. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

I saw 5 minutes of I Am Jazz earlier, 234 pounds.

Her next reality appearance will be this show and Dr Now will be throwing Jeanette out of the hospital for sneaking in food.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Do it!  That will be a great adventure!  So much to see and do.

• Love 4

The captions say New York, NY, so I am thinking he lives in Washington Heights, the northern part of Manhattan. At first I thought it was the Bronx, because they took the George Washington bridge, but then they would have captioned The Bronx, NY.

• Love 3