Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: James B's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

For James B, food means family. He grew up eating rich Haitian food and loves it with a passion. Now, James needs Dr. Now's help to diminish that love in order to survive, but a death in the family sends James retreating back to the comforts he knows.

Original air date 2021.12.22 

Hi all! Just slightly more than half a day left of the week (we get to leave at 1:00 the day before a holiday, and since Christmas is a Saturday, we're closed Friday, though lets face it, no work is getting done tomorrow).

Tonight's eating habit was blood orange Frizzante soda with a generous splash of dark rum (last time I did vodka but I bought rum the other day (it was on sale!) which is quite tasty!) and Bessie's Revenge pizza from Screamin' Sicilian Pizza Company.

Untitled.png

• Love 8

Hi All!  Happy pre-Christmas viewing to all of us!

Eating habit tonight will be liver with mashed potato and fermented cabbage.  I am visiting Mom, and enjoying homemade food I don't have to make myself! 

• Love 10

Hello pounders, how y’all doin? My eating habit is not Dr. Now approved. Pizza and beer. Alas, to the chagrin of the poundticipants, it’s a fresh veggie pizza (small, thin crust) from a local Italian restaurant. Yum 😋

Here’s to some excellent snark tonight! 🍻

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

That's A LOT of food.  And he actually ate it all.  In one sitting (unless some creative editing involved, but then he wouldn't be as big as he is if editing was required!).  It actually looked good, though, something I wouldn't mind having.

• Love 5

Hi Pounders!  I made a homemade veggie, pureed soup tonight and it's good.  I included two veggies I've never had before: turnips and parsnips.   I will definitely make it  again.

Is this our first New Yorker?  Bless him, he's so close to such good food.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Hello! We had our Christmas party at work today and I ate a lot of food Dr. Now would not approve of. There were lots of yummy desserts so I had a small piece of chocolate pie, a small piece of chocolate cake and a brownie. My broccoli casserole was a big hit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7