Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: James B's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I wonder if he walks the way he does because he has been atrociously overweight since a very young age, so his body had to figure out a way to move weight his joints, bones and muscles weren't able to properly support...  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

What the eff does he have to get "situated" with other adults, with his mother? Why don't the adults say, "You're as big as a house. Please forget about us for now and take your hips to Houston and get the surgery."? They always find something to place between themselves and their goals so they will have something to blame.

These people are all massive (haha) weaklings and cowards. He's happy with the weight loss and doesn't want to put in the real work both to move to Houston and to stay on the program. 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Ninja Foodi also looks like Darth Vader's helmet.

I have a Gourmia and it looks vaguely Darth Vader-esque as well. 

4 minutes ago, String Theory said:

I put off finishing my Xmas cards to watch this...that's OK, I'd miss not chatting with all my PT "family"....is it sad I look gorward to Wednesday nights?

I stopped sending Xmas cards altogether once my son was grown up. I only sent them to brag on him! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Do y'all think his legs would look normal if he lost enough weight?  Would they still bend in like they are now?

Hyperextension is a serious issue. I'll be he has never realized that it is a barrier to movement. 

• Love 5

When I was a housewife with two small children, I also started to be afraid to go outside.  Like I'd walk outside to get my mail and think that surely my neighbors are all staring at me, out their windows!  It was ridiculous.  I ended up getting therapy. 

Years later, I'm on anxiety meds and am no longer a housewife and I am fine!  All better.  Except at big parties where I don't know anyone and then I start feel super shy again and weird.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I've never been to Aldi in person but I can get it on Instacart! I suppose I will go there in person some day......

I have an Aldi (been there once) and a Lidl (haven't been there, yet), but they're a 20+ minute drive (though they're practically across the street from each other). Maybe next time I'm over that way, but I don't do that often these days.

Good night everyone!

• Love 6

Well, this episode was boring AF, but it was great hanging out with you guys! We are having our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and my girlfriend's daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren are staying overnight. It's so great to have kids in the house at this time of year. Her grandson has requested lil smokies and deviled eggs so I will make those for him. I'm also making my grandmother's yeast rolls, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and a pasta salad with feta, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, and a homemade dressing. Girlfriend's making corn pudding, a beef roast and a spiral ham.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

• Love 12
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Do y'all think his legs would look normal if he lost enough weight?  Would they still bend in like they are now?

The humongous thighs are keeping his legs apart. He’ll still have a lot of excess skin there if he does end up losing all that weight, and only skin removal surgery will do the trick, I think.

• Love 2