Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: James B's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, charmed1 said:

If only I could do this with my Instacart shoppers. Maybe I wouldn’t keep getting the crappiest produce.

I have to say most of my Instacart shoppers do a great job and send me photos to choose from if they're not sure of what to get. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Boy, what high standards do we have for our poundticipants.  Bathes, puts on real clothes - he is golden! 

Does he really eat an entire cake every day???   I would have died.

Same. And I fucking love cake. I've had to stop eating it because I'm trying to lose weight, but even when I always had cake in the house, I would have one piece! 

• Love 7

They say admitting is the first step towards solving a problem.  This guy is dead set on proving them wrong.  He is very aware of his food addiction but he doesn't seem to care to do anything about it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Finally someone is addressing the amount of money required to feed his addiction.

I won't be surprised if the lights shut off in the middle of this scene because food is prioritized over utilities.

That breakfast must have cost $60-70...his FIRST meal of the day.

Edited by umgoblue
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I was supposed to visit the in laws up North but we are going to cancel. Will this ever end? 

I know, I'm staying home for three days to watch for any symptoms before going to my sister's on Sat.  I've been V & B'd so I'm not too worried.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

They say admitting is the first step towards solving a problem.  This guy is dead set on proving them wrong.  He is very aware of his food addiction but he doesn't seem to care to do anything about it. 

I know I can't eat so much. So I eat more so I don't have to think about it.

• LOL 3
Just now, TazDevil said:

His TV tray is an actual small table.

He's really a cut above most of our poundticipants. Does not live in squalor. Showers thoroughly, daily. Wears clothing that looks clean. Owns a table. What show are we watching? 

Just now, Lillith said:

I have to say most of my Instacart shoppers do a great job and send me photos to choose from if they're not sure of what to get. 

Same here, I love my Instacart shoppers, they are wonderful. 

• Love 15
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Same. And I fucking love cake. I've had to stop eating it because I'm trying to lose weight, but even when I always had cake in the house, I would have one piece! 

My BF brought a butter bourbon blueberry cake over last weekend. O M G. 
yes, there’s some cake left. About half. Maybe a third. 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I was supposed to visit the in laws up North but we are going to cancel. Will this ever end? 

I am buying a meal from the grocery. I'm going to pack some for my son & his family, they will come over for a bit as we open presents masked and distanced around the room, look at the grand baby for a bit, and then I'm gonna give them their food and push them out the door. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
Just now, Crashcourse said:

He says he has bills to pay, so does he have a job?  How can he afford all of that food every day?  But that's my question for most of these people.

He was one of the first Poundticipants that I can recall actually bringing up the financial burden eating like this is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I know, I'm staying home for three days to watch for any symptoms before going to my sister's on Sat.  I've been V & B'd so I'm not too worried.

Yea my husbands family is asking we rapid test before we go etc. They live in a small town and if they are worried we feel it is best to cancel. FAther in law is in a retirement home so I totally understand. My mom is coming over but my dad died in March so she needs us.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 10

This man I used to work with (he was like 24, so pretty young) was like 40 lbs overweight and managed to get some drugs from his doctor that helped him with weight loss and he got down to a normal weight with no problems.  Can't this poor guy get some similar to help with with his giant appetite?  There has to be some doctor in New York that can write him a prescription for something so he's not spending a zillion dollars a day on food. 

I guess if he could, we wouldn't have him on the show but I just want him to get immediate help and not stuff himself into a van to drive down to Texas!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I have been dying for gingerbread cookies!! Oh, the envy!

Raising hand.......Cookies? Gingerbread cookies?  I was going to make some but refuse to spend $7.50 for molasses that was $4 two months ago......damn supply chain stuff!

• Love 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I literally felt my liver and pancreas recoil in horror at the idea of an entire full-sized cake - and I *know* it's physiologically impossible!

I am not a big cake person (though I love Black Forest cake, I plan to buy a small 6-inch one for either Christmas or New Year's), so one slice is the most I can have in one sitting.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Lillith said:

He was one of the first Poundticipants that I can recall actually bringing up the financial burden eating like this is. 

I already like his attitude. He's kind, grateful and recognizes the problem.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I'm hoping James will be the flip side of Ryan the Useless.   I wonder if they driving him to Houston?   That's at least 25 hours, so a week travel time, including 50 or so drive thru stops?      Flying direct is over 3 hours, plus airport time.   

At least they're using a minivan.  It takes a really good friend to drive him to Houston.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

He says he has bills to pay, so does he have a job?  How can he afford all of that food every day?  But that's my question for most of these people.

And in NYC...all the more expensive! I remember the sticker shock when I got my usual Starbucks drink while waiting for my train home several years ago.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Burning Rubber said:

If I had this much for breakfast every morning I would be 1200 lbs. James is really slim considering his menu choices. Maybe he burns calories like an athlete.

20211222_201846.jpg

Pardon me for stating the obvious, but boy howdy, that's a lot of food.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

This man I used to work with (he was like 24, so pretty young) was like 40 lbs overweight and managed to get some drugs from his doctor that helped him with weight loss and he got down to a normal weight with no problems.  Can't this poor guy get some similar to help with with his giant appetite?  There has to be some doctor in New York that can write him a prescription for something so he's not spending a zillion dollars a day on food. 

I guess if he could, we wouldn't have him on the show but I just want him to get immediate help and not stuff himself into a van to drive down to Texas!

Ive been on a few and they just do nothing for me (except give me severe headaches).

6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am a squatting aboriginal savage around cake. Slice after slice after....oh no, what have I done? I can't touch the stuff. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I am officially on Christmas break! I'm off until Monday. My Christmas shopping is done so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the time away from work.

Me toooo me tooo. I"m so happy I could eat some cake.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5