Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: When in Rome...

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

- but I think when she realized Carrie didn’t follow her into the coffee shop on purpose she felt for her like any human being would. 

The convenience/concidence of that bothered me. Too deus ex machina. It would have been way more believable to have Natasha agree to see Carrie, just to get her off her back. 

NYC is big and has lots of people. What are the odds of running into someone you know unless you have the same haunts?

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

The convenience/concidence of that bothered me. Too deus ex machina. It would have been way more believable to have Natasha agree to see Carrie, just to get her off her back. 

NYC is big and has lots of people. What are the odds of running into someone you know unless you have the same haunts?

I agree with you and yet I swear that every time I go to NYC I either run into one of the handful of people I know or knew there years ago (not in their typical haunts either) OR someone from the small town I grew up in, a thousand miles from NYC. Life is weird. Or it's proof that we live in The Matrix.

Edited by RedHawk
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

The kids: Don't like Brady and hey Miranda (or Steve) tell his girlfriend (and him) to dress appropriately if they're coming out of the bedroom. She was wearing a t-shirt that barely covered her ass, and no shorts, just underwear. That's a lack of respect.

I think Rose is great and don't mind at all if she comes out as gender-fluid or anything else. But I could do without the "I don't feel like a girl" conversation. What percentage of women could say that? If that is going to be a discussion point, then talk rationally about how there are girls who feel totally like girls in the typical way and there are many girls who don't feel that way at all, or only feel that way sometimes, etc. Anthony was soooo right in his advice to Charlotte. Just chill and respect her request not to call her a "girl". Be accepting and supportive of her questioning, let her grow into whoever she is.

I realize the story line is coming from so many parents these days having to deal with kids bringing up these conversations, and yet, I think Charlotte pushing Rose to wear (designer!) dresses and struggling to accept that she (her biological daughter) is not feminine like her and Lily would have been enough. They don't have to hit with a sledge hammer every single issue of our current society, but it sure looks like the writers are going down the list! This series will be so dated in three years.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

to quote you and address what @Hotellanai- yes, for a lot of people that have always had a lower amount of body fat, their hands/feet and neck tend to show aging much more quickly compared the typical person.

SJPs hair is fab- I like it a lot. Lots of people wear wigs when filming, so they can do the various styles without damaging their own hair AND so that the hair is CONSISTENT from shot to shot. Reshoots are a thing, and its so much easier to do that with wigs.

I remember Candace Cameron saying she started wearing wigs for her Hallmark movies because the constant color changes were frying her hair. It's a smart idea so long as the pieces look natural. I'm still traumatized by those God-awful wigs from the Twilight series.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

The kids: Don't like Brady and hey Miranda (or Steve) tell his girlfriend (and him) to dress appropriately if they're coming out of the bedroom. She was wearing a t-shirt that barely covered her ass, and no shorts, just underwear. That's a lack of respect.

Seems like the showrunner have 1 actress under the age of 25 and they are going to objectify the hell out of her.

I have no issues with nudity and am not a prude but it was a bit much for her to be so comfortable in front of her boyfriend's parents. I guess we should be happy that at least she had on a t-shirt.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Seems like the showrunner have 1 actress under the age of 25 and they are going to objectify the hell out of her.

I have no issues with nudity and am not a prude but it was a bit much for her to be so comfortable in front of her boyfriend's parents. I guess we should be happy that at least she had on a t-shirt.

Not including the kids, of course (though the actress playing Lily is in her 20s - 26, in fact, according to W Magazine)

• Useful 2
19 hours ago, LiterateDog said:

Also, if what Che does is what passes for stand-up comedy today, the end truly is nigh. There was nothing funny about that. On point messaging? You go, girl. But definitely not even remotely funny.

It was more like a one-woman show.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

I actually buy that.  The stereotype, which is often true, is that Macs are for creatives and PCs are for business people.

As a software engineer I was forced to use Windows… at home I love my Mac!

17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My thought is before Miranda runs off to dip her toe in the lady pond she should straighten out her home life, her kid does not need to be having sex with his girlfriend in her house, aren't they both 17 (and that is enabling underage sex under her roof, can she get in trouble for that?), where are that girls parents?

Amen to that! Even putting the age issue aside, I’d be annoyed as hell that this extra person is constantly in my home, eating my food, making disrespectful cracks at me (the “aging” comment), etc. Plus there’s the extremely inconsiderate noisy sex while others are at home and the used condoms left lying around (yecch). This crap should have been nipped in the bud LONG ago. I wouldn’t care so much about the sex, per se, as long as they’re being safe, but having the girlfriend basically squatting in my house? Oh, HELL NO.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

Amen to that! Even putting the age issue aside, I’d be annoyed as hell that this extra person is constantly in my home, eating my food, making disrespectful cracks at me (the “aging” comment), etc. Plus there’s the extremely inconsiderate noisy sex while others are at home and the used condoms left lying around (yecch). This crap should have been nipped in the bud LONG ago. I wouldn’t care so much about the sex, per se, as long as they’re being safe, but having the girlfriend basically squatting in my house? Oh, HELL NO.

I have a boy.  He's three right now, but if he were to try this, even after age 18, I would NOT be amused (my kid is very rebellious, even now.  He still loves to throw things and likes to (attempt) to put his feet on the table when we're eating.  He knows very well that it's wrong, but still does it).  And I wonder whether Louisa's parents are going to come into the picture.  They can't be happy about this, can they - even if they're really free-range?  

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

Omg. The last big company I worked for, we were still using Lotus Notes in 2008-2009. It was a NIGHTMARE.

2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I mentioned the reboot of this show to one of my co-workers and she said that she couldn't take looking at SJP's "man hands."

And especially because the SJP/Carrie had a habit of tearing her food into pieces and eating it with her fingers. Blech!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Which begs the question?  Which is worse?  A physical betrayal or an emotional betrayal? For me a partner having feelings for someone else would hurt me more.

Been there. Definitely the latter.

I've been ride or die for Carrie a long time but goddamn is she showing a lot of selfishness now (grieving aside). At least she's not having to sell a home, find a job, etc. She can wallow in her grief a year and NOT worry about paying the bills. So much more than the other 90% of us.

That said: as shitty as Carrie was in the car with Charotte.  I feel Charlotte should have pushed HARDER RE Miranda's drinking. Two glasses of wine before an event you're going to because a friend is forcing you? Not that unusual by SATC standards (although Miranda maybe DID want to go after all considering how it all went down). The Tito's empty mini bottles in middle of day = wayyy more serious. I wish Charlotte would have given more context how unexpected that was...at coffee, middle of day.... have to remember though they didn't see Miranda's "just give me a shot--you're taking too long on that Chablis...." moment.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, chaifan said:

Natasha - I think I'm at a table for one on this, but I thought Natasha was being a dick by refusing to talk to Carrie.  She's an adult.  Big left her $1 million, so is it really all that unthinkable and unreasonable that maybe Carrie might want to talk to her?  Be an adult, talk to her, and put everything to rest and move on. 

Natasha is not a saint in my book. Despite all the BS Carrie had done, her husband had just died, and her husband's will involved Natasha though no doing or knowledge of Carrie. Given these circumstances, it was Natasha who was acting inappropriately by lying, hiding and blocking any contact with Carrie. Her husband did just die; cut her some slack. It's not like Carrie was stalking Natasha for years, and indeed Natasha knew of the $1 million dollar bequest, so Natasha had every reason to know that Carrie was not "stalking" her, but instead had legitimate will-related issues to discuss. And how exactly did Natasha learn of that bequest (and so soon) btw? That's far from clear, and in real life the executor of the will would inform any beneficiaries, but that doesn't usually happen that fast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/16/2021 at 9:40 AM, SailorGirl said:

Carrie did NOT ruin Big's marriage. The one who "ruined Natasha's marriage" was Big, by pursuing and acting on his unresolved feelings for someone else, not the other person who was not betraying vows to another person. Carrie still had feelings for Big but remember her Hubble moment -- she left it alone until Big came after her and told her it was over with Natasha, that it wasn't working, etc.

This narrative that somehow married men who cheat have no responsibility and that it is somehow always the woman's fault -- "homewrecker" -- is so misogynistic and really, really needs to change. The person who cheats is responsible if a cheating is part of why a marriage or relationship breaks up, not the person they cheat with. 

*Stands up and applauds*

On 12/16/2021 at 10:23 AM, BingeyKohan said:

To change the subject to finances, which feels a bit safer than any other thread -- 1) if Big left Natasha a million, how much does Carrie now have? I guess we already knew she was set for life (I always identified with her much more when she still had vestiges of the woman whose chose buying Vogue over buying dinner because it 'nourished her more.'

One of my favorite character details.

On 12/16/2021 at 10:23 AM, Yeah No said:

I never thought Carrie lived on the UES given that her house looked sooooo Greenwich Village to me.  And it was.

It looks extremely Village-y, it's ridiculous they think it passes for UES! New Yorkers at least know better.

3 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Fully agree. I'm honestly disgusted at their lack of respect for Steve and Miranda.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, CeeBeeGee said:

Fully agree. I'm honestly disgusted at their lack of respect for Steve and Miranda.

Me too, not to mention SATC Miranda would've shut that shit down real quick. She was never a shrinking violet when it came to confrontation nor was she one of those moms who thought the Earth revolved around her child. I don't like the way she and Steve are being portrayed as this feeble old couple helpless to do anything but eat ice cream and chia seeds.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 19
On 12/16/2021 at 2:25 PM, bichonblitz said:

Kristin Davis' plastic surgery has settled and she looks amazing, exactly like she did in the original. 

I'm sorry but my eyes bugged out of my sockets reading this.

Natasha, You're crazy.  Take the money.  Take the money and run.   LOL.  She must be wealthy as hell not to want it.  She deserves that and more.  Forget what John put her through.  What about WHAT CARRIE HAS PUT HER THROUGH.  TAKE ITTTTTTTTTTTT

Why should Natasha have to talk to Carrie at all?  The will was Big's business, not Carrie's!  Carrie doesn't own him or all of his money.  The 1 million was personal between Big and Natasha.  Natasha has always been way too gracious to Carrie's insanity towards her.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm sorry but my eyes bugged out of my sockets reading this.

Lol, listen I'm the first one to criticize bad plastic surgery and the first 2 episodes she definitely had a weird wonky smile going on like her lips were too stretched out or something but this last episode I thought she looked great. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Can I say, as a bisexual woman, that I utterly detest storylines where a woman discovers a sexual interest in other women later in life, so that means that she must torpedo her current relationship with a man in order to explore it? That bisexuals are completely incapable of fidelity because our lives are not complete if we don't explore every facet of our sexual curiosities? That physical relationships are the be all, end all?

The way the show is teeing off Miranda to leave Steve is really gross. Plenty of marriages go through lulls, but to go years without physical intimacy with no clear reason? Is Steve physically incapable of sex at this point, or are they just just totally uninterested in one another? If Miranda was going to cheat or leave Steve, why not with a man? Why does it have to be a non-binary woman? Are the writers that desperate to have a queer storyline that they have to ruin one of the nicest relationships that the show ever had? It makes no sense except that perhaps Cynthia Nixon insisted upon it.

This exactly. I can't "like" your post more than once. I am a straight female and I totally agree with you they way they portray bisexuals and gays on tv. I even mentioned on the L word how fast one person jumps in the sack with someone else and then calls them their gf.

11 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I like Sara Ramirez and think they’re talented, and I like Che and their swagger, to a point, but I see no heat between them and Miranda, and no understanding of why they’re drawn to one another. 

The only issue I have with Che is that they push weed on EVERYONE. Hey kid (Brady) you looking for weed? I got weed. Hey Miranda, you looking for weed, I got weed.

10 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Eh, either way, for me, the end result is likely to be the same: see ya. 

Didn't you know? Miranda and Steve only got married cuz she was pregnant. :::huge eyeroll emoji:::

As i remember it Miranda drew up a shit load of paperwork for them to co-parent. They fell in love again after Brady was born. 

I hated the fact that Miranda was so pissed off at Steve for having an affair and now is contemplating one her own. Has she talked to Steve about their sex life? Has she and Steve decided to try counseling?  Has she told Steve she wants to break up? Does she and Steve have a mutual agreement?

Really show. I would be more interested if Miranda and Steve were into adding another person for a thruple than this storyline.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Bunnyette said:

More Anthony who seems to be the only sensible & interesting character on the show. Less Stamford whose gone from sweet and considerate to mean & selfish.  

Anthony has always been the funniest character on the show (after Samantha).

Natasha was supposedly around 26 in 1999. 

That would make Natasha 48.  Bridget Moynahan is 50 so it makes sense.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, PRgal said:

How old is Natasha supposed to be?  Late 40s?  I assume she's younger than Carrie, but not by much.  

Well, if we're basing it on the ages of the actresses, there is almost a six-year age difference between Sarah Jessica Parker (born April 1965) and Bridget Moynahan (born March 1971).

(May have quit this train wreck, but the thread is too much fun!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, PRgal said:

How old is Natasha supposed to be?  Late 40s?  I assume she's younger than Carrie, but not by much.  

I'm thinking mid to late 40s? I'm not sure how old Carrie is supposed to be in this series, but I distinctly remember Natasha was 25-ish when she married Big. I think that was mentioned in the SATC episode where they went to the Hamptons. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

As i remember it Miranda drew up a shit load of paperwork for them to co-parent. They fell in love again after Brady was born. 

I think she loved him all along, but couldn't admit it until Brady's 1st birthday party.  

Seems like they would've learned how to communicate after having therapy due to Steve cheating.  I hate to see Miranda turn around and do the same thing.  Ugh.

• Love 8

Is Sara Ramirez supposed to be considered funny on the show or in real life? Because I don’t find her or the character funny. In fact, I don’t even like the character. I could do with out her on my show and screen now. Thank you. 

Carrie seems to be trying to move on a little. Granted I think it’s only been a few weeks or months in tv time but she’s trying so it’s nice the show isn’t day by day. I don’t think I could handle that and be depressed around the holidays. I have my own problems. I thought the scene of the girls seeing at the window was hysterical and the talk was well done and hopefully she’s able to get the will out of her head but she still has all his suits in the closet so I think it’s gonna be a while. 

I like Miranda and Steve but why are they letting these kids walk all over them? Do they have jobs? Contribute to the food? If not, I’d kick them the hell out. Okay! They can keep their son but that rude girlfriend has.got.to.go. I don’t care about them and I care even less about the girlfriend. 

Natasha is beautiful but I kept thinking she and Ashley Judd look exactly alike. Although, I haven’t seen Ashley in years and I’m not sure if she still looks like Ashley Judd. LOL!!!! I loved Ashley on Sisters and in her earlier movies. Big leaving Natasha money did sound like his way of easing his conscience and guilt. He probably shouldn’t have done it or let Carrie find out. He didn’t think that one through.

Charlotte still wants everyone to be happy but too perfect. Carrie usually sides with Miranda on most stuff thus the drinking didn’t seem to bother her like it did Charlotte. Also, Carrie is still grieving and doesn’t have to time to hear this sh@t. LOL!!!

Overall, the show is pretty good. The constant ring light around everyone faces is a little annoying but fit makes them feel better who am I to complain. I’m just glad Carrie is still rich and won’t become a bag lady anytime soon because I ain’t paying HBOMax for that crap. Merry Christmas to everyone!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I think she loved him all along, but couldn't admit it until Brady's 1st birthday party.  

Seems like they would've learned how to communicate after having therapy due to Steve cheating.  I hate to see Miranda turn around and do the same thing.  Ugh.

The scene where Steve calls Miranda to tell her about the blue moon is still one of my favorites. Damn this shitty revival.

• Love 14

Why does Sara Ramirez’s character act like she’s so young and with it. She’s like 10 years younger then SJP. I guess the character is supposed to be younger but it’s annoying and the character annoys me. I don’t see why she needed to be added. I’ve never liked the actor since Greys tho so maybe I’m biased lol.

Her comedy routine was not funny at all. I didn’t laugh even once. 

Edited by Marley
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Miranda kept her maiden name when she married Steve, but did Brady take Hobbs or Steve’s last name? So, he’d be Brady Brady…..lol. 

Miranda came up with using her name as Brady's last and Steve's last name as the baby's first, so he is Brady Hobbs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/16/2021 at 3:00 PM, bichonblitz said:

I kept waiting for the bomb to be dropped that Big was the daddy of one of Natasha's boys and that's why he left her the million$$$. I guess they aren't going there. 

Oh snap! Didn’t even think of this. Let’s circle back to this in a few eps, you called it first 😬

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

(May have quit this train wreck, but the thread is too much fun!)

Wouldn't be the first time I kept watching a show because I enjoyed talking about it so much. I've watched the View for years simply because of the board on this site.

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Anthony has always been the funniest character on the show (after Samantha).

Anthony is the gay best friend we all wish we had.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Why does Sara Ramirez’s character act like she’s so young and with it. She’s like 10 years younger then SJP.

LOL, omg, that's so true!  The character talks like they're Gen Z, but Sara is not even a Millennial. They're Gen X.  

The character just feels so try hard.  "Can I shotgun you?"  LOL oh please.

• Love 16
22 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

Didn't care much for the comedy routine but I did like the sexual tension between Che and Miranda. I ship it.

See I didn’t feel ANY sexual tension between them! I’m not sure the age difference btw the actors but it felt so odd to me. Like a mother and a kid, or a teacher and a student. Cynic sarcastic Miranda of yore— yes. But this Miranda…hard no. Also I have to add, a scene that stuck out to me as SO over-acted and trying way too hard was when Miranda was listening to che’s comedy show, and LITERALLY NODDED in deep thoughtful agreement. Aaah for me that part could have been done so beautifully and subtly, but shove it in my face, thanks. I get it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Was Che's standup routine necessary? Boring, not funny, who cares and god this reboot sucks. 

This series purpose seems to incorporate every single  social issue happening over last few years.

• Love 9

Is the biggest problem that all the FUN has gone out of the show? I think so. It's all very heavy-handed, starting with Big's death. The diminishing of fun started with the movies really, but now it's just kind of a sludge through mud for nostalgia's sake. Maybe if they put the fun back in...Yes, they're getting older and hard things happen but they could still have some traces of them and the show could still have a lighter touch. Fifties don't have to be so constantly funereal on a show that was a comedy. (We really need Sam. She'd crack jokes.)

I kind of find it hard to believe Carrie would be asked to be a regular on a very hip podcast the way she is now (even before Big died).

Also, what if while Carrie and Big were looking at each other while he was dying, he was actually thinking, "CALL 911, YOU DIMWIT!!!!!"

Edited by JeanJean
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I was always fixated on SJP's hands YEARS ago in the original show, and how aged they looked. They always looked like they belonged to an older woman in her 70's, not a 35-40 year old, younger woman. 

Honestly I can’t fault SJP for that, she’s maintained a naturally fit body and healthy lifestyle and it shows, yet it has aged her to a degree because she very little body fat. To be honest if I was a 55 year old woman, I’d be happy to live with the old lady hands if it means I’d still have a killer dancer’s body. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL, omg, that's so true!  The character talks like they're Gen Z, but Sara is not even a Millennial. They're Gen X.  

The character just feels so try hard.  "Can I shotgun you?"  LOL oh please.

I think this is why I can't stand Che.

Sara's a Gen Xer like me. Her acting on this show feels stilted because she's trying to play younger.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Yea Che is so try hard and cringey. The whole show is trying way too hard. There’s a way to have the show be updated but this is not it.

Maybe I missed it but was Carries apartment just sitting empty? Seems like a waste lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 4

Carrie wants Big to be 100% devoted to her and yet still keeps her old apartment.  Tell me you’re not actually devoted to the relationship without telling me you’re not actually devoted to the relationship.  I think in the second movie, Charlotte used it as a escape from family cry-space and Carrie claimed she was using it to write.

I’d actually appreciate a Brady Brady joke as Smith was technically Smith Smith.

I think the best of the new cast has been Nicole Ari Parker as LTW because she actually has an existence outside of being a token to teach the white cast a valuable lesson, unlike Che and Miranda’s professor.

Have any of the cast and crew commented why they made this an hour rather than a half?  It certainly tracks with the shift more toward drama  but I couldn’t help but wonder, did the showrunners want this iteration to be a drama with comedic moments rather than the reverse in the original series.  I, of course, am rewatching the original episodes, and they just FLEW by while still being able to juggle plotlines for 4 women in 30 minutes.

Edited by Lethallyfab
Incorrect Word/ Character
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Maybe I missed it but was Carries apartment just sitting empty? Seems like a waste lol.

I believe the different characters (like Charlotte and Stanford) would use Carrie's apt when they needed a break from their home life.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yes, but I am truly appalled by Steve and Miranda just sitting there taking it. The kids are just kids- disrespectful and bratty kids, but kids. The adults are supposed to teach them what proper behavior is, and both these adults are ineffectual "parents."

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Not4Me said:

Honestly I can’t fault SJP for that, she’s maintained a naturally fit body and healthy lifestyle and it shows, yet it has aged her to a degree because she very little body fat. To be honest if I was a 55 year old woman, I’d be happy to live with the old lady hands if it means I’d still have a killer dancer’s body. 

I have "old lady hands" and I'm 42.  Eczema and pandemic hand washing can do this to you. :(

7 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

Carrie wants Big to be 100% devoted to her and yet still keeps her old apartment.  Tell me you’re not actually devoted to the relationship without telling me you’re not actually devoted to the relationship.  I think in the second movie, Charlotte used it as a escape from family cry-space and Carrie claimed she was using it to write.

I’d actually appreciate a Brady Brady joke as Smith was technically Smith Smith.

I think the best of the new cast has been Nicole Ari Parker as LTW because she actually has an existence outside of being a token to teach the white cast a valuable lesson, unlike Che and Miranda’s professor.

Have any of the cast and crew commented why they made this an hour rather than a half?  It certainly tracks with the shift more toward drama  but I couldn’t help but wonder, did the showrunners want this iteration to be a drama with comedic moments rather than the reverse in the original series.  I, of course, am rewatching the original episodes, and they just FLEW by while still being able to juggle plotlines for 4 women in 30 minutes.

LTW is supposed to be Charlotte if her marriage to Trey was good.  Even LTW's mother-in-law gives off that Bunny vibe (I wrote this either upthread or in another thread)!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Naginsky...

I always thought her name was alluding to Nastassja Kinski, the famous (especially in the '80s and early '90s) actress and model. And Nijinsky the famous ballet dancer.

18 hours ago, Bunnyette said:

More Anthony who seems to be the only sensible & interesting character on the show. Less Stamford whose gone from sweet and considerate to mean & selfish.  

I think you'll get your request. I read (somewhere, and I may be wrong) that the scenes in this episode are Stanford's last. The actor passed away before any more could be filmed.

7 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

I've seen it as a good and healthy thing that Carrie kept her apartment. She can use it as her "office" to go write and she can let her friends use it when they need an escape space. But also, she almost lost it (her home) before when she had to buy it back from Aiden. Her marriage is very financially lopsided -- Big has FAR more money. He bought their penthouse, she put down nothing, and likely has paid none of the bills for decorating, upkeep, taxes, etc. So it make sense that she needs to and should own something substantial of her own that he can never take in a divorce. You can be 100% devoted to your marriage and still make good financial decisions to protect yourself in case it doesn't work out. She's also dumb (and Carrie is so very financially dumb) if she didn't get a prenup that spelled out what she would get in case of divorce. Big has a poor track record in marriage.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I always thought her name was alluding to Nastassja Kinski, the famous (especially in the '80s and early '90s) actress and model. And Nijinsky the famous ballet dancer.

I think you'll get your request. I read (somewhere, and I may be wrong) that the scenes in this episode are Stanford's last. The actor passed away before any more could be filmed.

What a shame that they turned Stamford into a cringy character then

• Love 1