Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Pissed-On Chickens Can’t Compare

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

The crew of My Seanna experiences less than desirable behavior from one of the charter guests. Jake struggles with his new position and Jessica starts begins to remember how much wear and tear a charter season can take on your body. Wes and Jessica build on their friendship while the deck team’s silly mistake leaves Eddie and Captain Lee furious.

Airdate: 11/15/2021

What's up with the random mindless singing from some of the crew? One of them while cleaning sang everything  she was doing. Then Rachel kept talk/singing. It's really irritating to me. The girl deckhand was doing it too ! Talk/singing about her skin being ashy. Strange behavior.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Quilty said:

What's up with the random mindless singing from some of the crew? One of them while cleaning sang everything  she was doing. Then Rachel kept talk/singing. It's really irritating to me. The girl deckhand was doing it too ! Talk/singing about her skin being ashy. Strange behavior.

That seems something urged on by producers.  Too much of a coincidence for all of them to be doing it, especially when there are cameras on them and they are mostly alone.  I can see several people singing some well known song or rap together because they’re all fans of that particular piece of music but improvising a sing-song about some mundane thing they happen to be doing?  Some of them probably had to do a couple of takes to get it down.

Lot of other fake things, on this episode, like Lee reading the guests the riot act — you won’t do it again or your charter is over!

Um no, if these were real guests paying thousands for a couple of days, the captain would be a lot more diplomatic, no blunt and talking down to them like wayward children.

The (paying) customer is always right, no matter how much assholes they were.

The arranged night out for the crew was also contrived.  That truth or dare game was entirely for the cameras.  They all worked hard on the charter and now they had to be entertaining, no time to relax before they return to work.

And the hot tub thing, purely for the cameras, as it was on BDSY and BDM.  Shit is probably choreographed, Eddie picking up heather and swinging her ass in front of the camera, the threesome kiss.  Really it’s one thing to hang out with coworkers in a hot tub but who wears a thong in front of coworkers you barely know?

Plus they spent the whole day cleaning up the boat and they go around tracking epeater all over the place?

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I am in agreement that the scene with Captain Lee telling off the unruly guests was scripted.  I think under normal circumstances, he would be more diplomatic.  The change in Justin from Day 1 to the rest of the charter was unbelievable- he seemed like a completely different person.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

That also struck me with Justin how contrite and quiet he was. I am beginning to think on many of these Bravo shows that what looks like the next day after a night of hard drinking and carousing there might be a day in between for these people to recover. Don't see how anyone could drink as much alcohol as some of these people do crew included and they get up the next day and function normally. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, aghst said:

Lot of other fake things, on this episode, like Lee reading the guests the riot act — you won’t do it again or your charter is over!

Um no, if these were real guests paying thousands for a couple of days, the captain would be a lot more diplomatic, no blunt and talking down to them like wayward children.

The (paying) customer is always right, no matter how much assholes they were.

The arranged night out for the crew was also contrived.  That truth or dare game was entirely for the cameras.  They all worked hard on the charter and now they had to be entertaining, no time to relax before they return to work.

And the hot tub thing, purely for the cameras, as it was on BDSY and BDM.  Shit is probably choreographed, Eddie picking up heather and swinging her ass in front of the camera, the threesome kiss.  Really it’s one thing to hang out with coworkers in a hot tub but who wears a thong in front of coworkers you barely know?

Plus they spent the whole day cleaning up the boat and they go around tracking epeater all over the place?

ITA!!  Which in a way I'm ok with.  I've long made peace with the idea that reality tv is anything but.  What I don't understand is why would people agree to be portrayed in such an ugly fashion??  Good lawd Eddie I was rooting for you and you start blabbing this on T.V. and Jake I always knew you were an a-hole so no surprise there.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

Good lawd Eddie

If he knew his GF had issues with him "messing around with the female help" why on earth did he volunteer what he did with Heather? It was really pretty innocuous, so why do that? Unless he was just getting ahead of it being on TV? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I guess Eddie has learned that lying (directly or by omission) about things that are filmed for tv doesn't work out well.  But I really hope it isn't foreshadowing that he's going to hook up with Heather.

• Love 13

No, Eddie, the captain doesn't care who you sex up or where. He was disappointed in you because you cheated on your girlfriend and tried to gaslight the woman with whom you cheated. It was a character issue. Since you failed to acknowledge that last part during your rueful confession and have yet to apologize to Rocky, I still think you're a POS.

• Love 18

I could see being irked if Jake started throwing his weight around unreasonably, but I re-listened to the initial instructions that upset Rayna so much. He said that other deck hand (can't remember his name) would stay on mornings, he, Jake, would be on days so he could help in the morning and evening, and Rayna would be on nights FOR THE REST OF THIS CHARTER. Literally one more night.

Initially when Rayna was so upset I thought he must of said something like 'for the rest of the season' or something similar. But for the rest of the charter? For this she is insisting that they should be switching and giving him grief? And crying to her mom on the phone? And she continues to have a bad attitude about everything he legitimately instructs her to do?

And yes, his dropping the engaged bomb was pretty noteworthy, but after they kissed she said she has a boyfriend? 

So far the grievances of the crew with their lead workers are way overblown. 

I'm already tired of Frasier and Jessica (?) carping on Heather. Their whining about having to do their jobs? And claiming that Heather does nothing? Putting me mostly on her side.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 17

What was with him telling Rayna to pull her weight several times, in front of other workers?

That's kind of a big deal, if any supervisor threw someone under the bus in front of coworkers.

Maybe pull her to the side and give her that message but in front of others?

I would think she'd be very upset.

But I don't know, they didn't show his face saying it so maybe they overdubbed it later, to add some spice and laying the groundwork for more on this friction between Jake and Rayna.

Also, Jake being promoted to lead deckhand is probably a story line they want to revisit later.

It's hard not to suspect that this show is being constantly manipulative.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, aghst said:

It's hard not to suspect that this show is being constantly manipulative.

Of course it is. That’s what the show runners and producers are for. Without creative drama these shows would be boring. 
They give their guests copious amounts of alcohol and that creates their drama. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, jalady said:

Captain Lee’s comment about shitting in someone’s mother’s dinner plate

That one completely disgusted me. They must have some production assistants sitting around trying to out-do each other coming up with these.

I mean seriously, why would you do something awful to a jerk's sweet elderly mom?

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, jalady said:

Captain Lee’s comment about shitting in someone’s mother’s dinner plate is the most disgusting thing I’ve heard in a very long time.  Are we really supposed to find these crass comments from a grown man to be funny/folksy?

That one and the nonsensical pissed on chickens line sure make me think someone's writing folksy lines for this guy. Neither of those are idioms with which I'm familiar, and they're just dumb.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, aghst said:
1 hour ago, aghst said:

What was with him telling Rayna to pull her weight several times, in front of other workers?

The guys had just busted their asses all afternoon at the beach luau and they came back to a pouty Rayna who was dragging her ass helping them unload.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Agree with all the comments about Lee's supposedly clever lines. A few of the earlier ones were familiar, but for the last few seasons they've been contrived and senseless. He and production are creating a character. Fine, but there's no need to make him vulgar.

And what's up with the crew uniforms? I've always hated that the female stews wore those very short skorts while the female deckhands and all the men had shorts of a reasonable length. Now Rayna has the skort. Wake up, Bravo, and dress everyone the same. I'd prefer shorts all around, but it might be fun to see some of the guys trying to pull off a skort.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, aghst said:

Also, Jake being promoted to lead deckhand is probably a story line they want to revisit later.

Last episode when Capt. Lee was making such a big deal about not making a mistake having Jake as a lead deckhand was foreshadowing to me.   He seemed very, very nervous about giving Jake so much responsibility to early and I believe it will bite everyone in ass later on.  

I guess I've just gotten spoiled with the recent season of B.D. Med and what a wonderful, hardworking, decent group of guys the deck crew was.  Lordt these people are just coming across as idiots.  =(  I miss David, I miss Lloyd, I miss Mzi  😢😥

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

could see being irked if Jake started throwing his weight around unreasonably, but I re-listened to the initial instructions that upset Rayna so much. He said that other deck hand (can't remember his name) would stay on mornings, he, Jake, would be on days so he could help in the morning and evening, and Rayna would be on nights FOR THE REST OF THIS CHARTER. Literally one more night.

Exactly!  What was the big deal?  She went off on him about it and caught attitude for the rest of the day.  Got on the phone and told her mom that he talked to her disrespectfully and yelled at her.  When exactly did that happen?  She made this into an issue that was a non issue and had revisionist history on it too.  She did the same thing when conveying the issue to Eddie.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:
1 hour ago, aghst said:
1 hour ago, aghst said:

The guys had just busted their asses all afternoon at the beach luau and they came back to a pouty Rayna who was dragging her ass helping them unload.

I totally get why he got frustrated with her mopping around the boat, not acknowledging Jake when he talked to her and instead gave him a thumbs up.  She was the one being disrespectful because she was butt mad because he kept everyone on same shifts the entire CHARTER.  We are talking one day.   I don't like her at all. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

Exactly!  What was the big deal?  She went off on him about it and caught attitude for the rest of the day.  Got on the phone and told her mom that he talked to her disrespectfully and yelled at her.  When exactly did that happen?  She made this into an issue that was a non issue and had revisionist history on it too.  She did the same thing when conveying the issue to Eddie.

I totally get why he got frustrated with her mopping around the boat, not acknowledging Jake when he talked to her and instead gave him a thumbs up.  She was the one being disrespectful because she was butt mad because he kept everyone on same shifts the entire CHARTER.  We are talking one day.   I don't like her at all. 

Also she got all pissy when Jake mentioned having a fiance but she also had a boyfriend. Man, is she one of those who does/says/behaves what/how they want but you had better NOT dare do the same back. I have a mom like that. Boy, she can dish all the crap she wants and when I get fed up and dish back it turns to hysterics/tears/stomping end of the world dramatics that I don't live down for like 2 years. I think that would be a toxic manipulator type. That's Rayna.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 11

Ah, yes, the further adventures of the “Go Eff Yourself” tribe…

Man, that pig really looked ugly!  And the one in Rachel’s kitchen did too.

So we’ve had 4-peckered goats and now pissed-on chickens.  I see a trend in the animals the Captain is familiar with…

Did Eddie just say “right meow” instead of “right now”?

I loved Jessica’s little songs while she was cleaning.  I like to work alone too, Jess…

Perhaps if the deck crew spent as much time working as they did talking about their feelings there would be less drama.  No, wait, that wouldn’t work for the show…

You could make a drinking game for every time Rachel says “Just the tip”, but you’d be wasted well before the show was over…

In all of these shows, the crew’s after-charter drunken revelry just makes me cringe.  If I did that work, after a charter, I’d just like a chance to relax and sleep.  (:  Plus these people have to work and face each other the next day – I couldn’t do it.

And next week – more stuff falls off the boat!

• Love 7

Captain Lee’s comment about shitting in someone’s mother’s dinner plate is the most disgusting thing I’ve heard in a very long time.  Are we really supposed to find these crass comments from a grown man to be funny/folksy?

That was an eyebrow raiser for sure. Also, I concur the confrontation with the guests seemed staged. Nobody got hit, nobody got hurt, they were just very rude to Heather. I can't see Lee stepping in and threatening to end their charter because of that, not to mention putting their tip at risk. 

• Love 7

I don't think their tip is ever at risk.  IF the cast do stuff that may seem to offend the "guests" but still makes for good TV, the producers will make sure it's a good tip.

Bad tips are rare in the BD-verse.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MartyQui said:

I raised my eyebrows at Heather’s back story about being bullied “because she was the only blonde white girl at her school”.  Really?

Same here. I was wondering if anyone else thought that was odd. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I guess I've just gotten spoiled with the recent season of B.D. Med and what a wonderful, hardworking, decent group of guys the deck crew was.  Lordt these people are just coming across as idiots.  =(  I miss David, I miss Lloyd, I miss Mzi  😢😥

This. I loved the most recent season of BD Med. I really enjoyed the crew camaraderie (minus Lexi) and that there was not any  crew hooks ups. I am disappointed that these people come across so poorly. I am not sure if lazy is the right word, but some crew members seem to complain a lot about doing their actual job. I am disappointed with BD, especially coming of a enjoyable BD Med season.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, BlueHawk said:

Uh , no. Not odd at all. When the kids were small we lived on both Maui and Oahu for a couple of years .It was common knowledge that the last day of school was known as "kill a haole" day and the white kids especially blonde or redheaded had best stay home. This attitude was present all during the school year amongst a certain element.

And that doesn't mean there aren't wonderful warm non-  prejudiced people all over. But a portion of Hawaii's population -esp Native people-  do resent the "invaders". Some say " children of Cook" the same way some mainland Natives use "son/daughters of Columbus" as a derisive. There are groups who make no secret they wish to gain back independence from the US.

I love Hawaii. My best friend since 17 has lived there since 1973. And I've always had the senses of it being a foreign country. Caucasians are only one third of the population and it does feel different if you live there and not just visit / vacation. 

Most who become residents do experience tests of a sort for awhile (a couple of years sometimes) to prove character and worthiness. And if you pass there's no warmer, kinder, more loyal people who embrace you fully as family. But it doesn't come immediately or that easily.

& children everywhere can be cruel to each other. Heathers experience isn't odd or surprising at all...

Well said!  I spent a month there on business and was warned that Islanders don’t always care for  “light hair and fair skin” folks like me.  I really didn’t run into too many issues though.   Love Hawaii!

• Love 6

Wes and Jess are kind of cute in a seemingly compatible way. Down-to-Earth and cute. But 2 hours 20 min into her break, maybe Jess is just like me. I'm a SLOW eater.  I like to decompress before just eating & going to bed. Glad Jess went to the beach to help out for a bit. Sick of just seeing her in the laundry which is not only boring to see or live but because she's never going to expand her experience/credibility/resume by remaining stagnant in the laundry. If she likes it so much & doesn't want to leave the laundry room, then maybe it's just a very poor choice of job for her. Not career because obviously it's just a JOB for quick cash. I don't see this as fair for everyone else since they get the same tip.

• Love 3

These guests are nuts.  Lee's talk with the idiots worked!  Or maybe it was staged and production told them to knock it off.  Remember, they don't show us everything.  Either way, they really straightened up.

Rayna needs to chill.  Just work your shift.  I guess this boatmance really is over? Wes seems so cool.  Stuck in the middle.

Lee lets Eddie take the boat out.  Whoops!  Why is this cover important?  Can they fish it out or did it sink?

Heather really needs to get over herself.  A legend in her own mind.

Smart of Rachel to precook that pig.  No way there's enough time to cook it on the beach.  Guests don't need to know.  She puts out some amazing food.  Still waiting for her to get drunk and explode.  Smart going to bed early, skipping that ridiculous hot tub "thing".

Pig on fire!!!  LOL!  They made that fire way too big.  Pig should have been warm to start with.

Lucky it was only the skin.  Looks like it went off well anyway.  Lots of stuff to drag back and forth.

Jess is very mellow.  She rolls with it well.  A new boatmance with Wes?

• Love 6

I confess that I am a meat eater but when I see those whole pigs face and all sitting in an oven or on a spit Ihave to close my eyes. It creeps me out and makes me think seriously of becoming a vegetarian in my old age. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

I raised my eyebrows at Heather’s back story about being bullied “because she was the only blonde white girl at her school”.  Really?

I mean, she obviously doesn't have to be blonde. 

Justin didn't actually seem that drunk. He wasn't slurring his words or stumbling or anything. Another reason why I think the whole thing was an act for the show.

There was nothing "disrespectful" about the way Jake spoke to Rayna, until afterwards when he called her out for not pulling her weight. Maybe her phone call to her mother was edited out of sequence.

I think Jake might be kind of into . . . Fraser? They seemed awfully cozy and in the first episode Jake kept bringing up "pegging." That's a gay porno thing.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Pegging involves a man and a woman, it's not a gay thing.

Wikipedia articles on sexual practices! Takes me back to when I was an adolescent in the early 70s and trying to figure stuff out using the dictionary. Spoiler alert- it never worked LOL! Everything was just a circular definition!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I took this off my DVR because even the Captain Lee version is working my last nerve now. There's nobody to like in this crew. Wes seems nice but I'm sure he'll do something to turn me off shortly.

The whole indignation of Rachel over Eddie's comments from last season was ridiculous. She was a pig beast whenever she drank, and was an embarrassment to herself and the boat. She has nothing to demand of Eddie or anyone else who commented on her behavior last season. She was worse than anything any of her crewmates said about her last season.

I'm so over these stupid fake guests who make scenes to see who can be the worst guests of the season. It's all so very fake.

Rayna is a complete psycho. Who gets that pissed off about a girlfriend when YOU have a boyfriend, you nutter. You're a lazy sod who thought snogging your colleague-now-boss would get you easy shifts. You were wrong.

18 hours ago, MartyQui said:

OMG, my eyes rolled so hard I thought I'd be looking at my ass for the rest of my life! How tone deaf IS that?! In this BLM day and age, you just STFU about your poor pathetic white privilege problems Miss Heather. Jesus H. Christ! Honestly? And hon, the reason native Hawaiians loathe Haoles like you so much - assuming they did actually tease your sad white ass - is because you run around telling everyone "Hey, did you know I'm HAWAIIAN?!?" No you blond bitch, you are not Hawaiian. Being Hawaiian, IMO, is an ethnicity, not a locale. I was born and raised in America but I don't go around saying "Hey, I'm a Native American!" because I'm not. You grew up in Hawaii, good for you, so say you grew up in Hawaii. Hawaii is your home, but you are not Hawaiian. Heather is no Kate, and that's about the nicest thing I can say about her.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, gingerella said:

OMG, my eyes rolled so hard I thought I'd be looking at my ass for the rest of my life! How tone deaf IS that?! In this BLM day and age, you just STFU about your poor pathetic white privilege problems Miss Heather. Jesus H. Christ! Honestly? And hon, the reason native Hawaiians loathe Haoles like you so much - assuming they did actually tease your sad white ass - is because you run around telling everyone "Hey, did you know I'm HAWAIIAN?!?" No you blond bitch, you are not Hawaiian. Being Hawaiian, IMO, is an ethnicity, not a locale. I was born and raised in America but I don't go around saying "Hey, I'm a Native American!" because I'm not. You grew up in Hawaii, good for you, so say you grew up in Hawaii. Hawaii is your home, but you are not Hawaiian. Heather is no Kate, and that's about the nicest thing I can say about her.

Since Heather revealed herself as a "native" Hawaiian all I can think about is the South Park episode where Butters is revealed to be a "native
 Hawaiian and had to journey back to Hawaii for his coming of age ceremony.  (:

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Pegging involves a man and a woman, it's not a gay thing.

Um . . . it may not be strictly a gay thing, but trust me. It's a category on gay websites. I've heard. 🙄

Anyway, my speculation about Jake is partially based on 

Spoiler

promos for the season that showed Jake and Fraser making out in the hot tub.

• LOL 3
On 11/16/2021 at 1:53 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Last episode when Capt. Lee was making such a big deal about not making a mistake having Jake as a lead deckhand was foreshadowing to me.   He seemed very, very nervous about giving Jake so much responsibility to early and I believe it will bite everyone in ass later on.  

I miss them too.

• Love 4

I sing around the house like that all the time and/or to/about the cats.  

Re the schedule shift, if I had already been up a long time that particular day and was suddenly told I'd be on lates (meaning a long stretch) I'd be irritated about that, but not sulky/pissy for hours...but I don't even know that that was the case.  I'm just old and tired and if I heard I had to stay up longer than I thought, I'd be dismayed :-D  

Imagine if substitute-captain (Sean?  I've blocked it out) had been there for the luau picnic.  It would not have been "linner."  

So it sounds like by avoiding Sandy and Malia I missed a bunch of other nice crew?  Oh well.  I still didn't have to see Sandy and Malia, so I guess that's a win.

• Love 2

So it sounds like by avoiding Sandy and Malia I missed a bunch of other nice crew?

The deck crew was made up of three guys who were the very antithesis of who these shows usually cast. There were no hookups between them and the stews because, frankly, none of them were very attractive. I'd go so far as to say they were dorks. But they were very nice and very responsible (and still tried to hook up with stews that were way out of their league).

Jake and Rayna were already making out on Day 1 and Wes is already looking to start something with Jessica. THOSE are the typical crew mates we usually see. Last season's BDM was some weird sort of anomaly, like they were unable to find anyone else.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

The deck crew was made up of three guys who were the very antithesis of who these shows usually cast. There were no hookups between them and the stews because, frankly, none of them were very attractive. I'd go so far as to say they were dorks. But they were very nice and very responsible (and still tried to hook up with stews that were way out of their league).

Jake and Rayna were already making out on Day 1 and Wes is already looking to start something with Jessica. THOSE are the typical crew mates we usually see. Last season's BDM was some weird sort of anomaly, like they were unable to find anyone else.

Ok this is just a matter of opinion but I would disagree with you on that.  I found them to be very attractive because of their personalities, behavior, etc.  If I was a young lady working on that yacht with them I would TOTALLY be into someone like David or Mzi (if he didn't drink so much) etc.  True they aren't the typical Joao, Adam, Col. Sanders aka Jake *tee hee hee* type of guys and that was great by me.

I had to FF that entire hot tub scene because EWWW gross!  These people just skeev me out to no end. 

On the work side of things though I think I'm turning more towards #teamheather lately.   She seemed to be really on top of things as far as the interior goes.  She handled to beach picnic perfectly and the way she praised her crew to the captain was quite nice.  Lazy stew who I can't remember her name--if you aren't feeling good yeah go to bed.  Heather let her knock of 20 mins early and there she is flirting with deck crew who I can't remember his name either.  Lazy stew is already starting to get on my nerves!

• Love 7
On 11/17/2021 at 2:03 PM, sugarbaker design said:

I must be on the wrong gay websites!

LOL!! No, you are actually correct. The term pegging was coined around 2001 & originally started out as a man being anally penetrated by a woman with a strap on dildo. Since a woman was doing the pegging, most of those guys were straight. All men have a prostate area G-spot, so it's not about being gay. I do however agree that since the original meaning, it's been extended to male on male gay porn, but the original definition was a woman with a strap on penetrating a man.

I don't like Rayna very much, but her boyfriend was just a random guy she's been talking to & hooking up with. I think being engaged to be married is quite different from dating a guy you met fairly recently...

• Love 7