Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Sex, Lies and Sister Wives

• Start Topic

When Jennie is unwilling to expand their family, a heartbroken Duy seeks desperate measures. Jen plans a surprise for the ladies, while Heather has 'the talk' with Ashley and Mary worries for her marriage once Robert Jr. leaves the nest. Finally, a double date with Whitney goes awry when Lisa tries to prove her innocence.

Airdate: 10/17/2021

Do not discuss any offseason events until they are mentioned in an episode.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why is she so super focused on sex? 

Maybe she doesn’t get much?

Whitney’s boobs look enormous in the restaurant scene.  I know that the cleavage look has been “in” for awhile but I do wonder how many gals irl put them on display like that.  Granted I don’t live in BH, Atlanta, Potomac, or SLC but  I almost never see that look.

• Love 9

Duy is selfish. As soon as he brought up a sister wife I would have thrown him down that mountain. I see a divorce in their future.

Same with Mary, she basically admitted she can’t stand Robert Sr. 
Jen buying necklaces for the ladies, where did she get the money for those…stay tuned. 
Whitney and Lisa’s renewed friendship was so fake, probably producer driven. 

• Love 18

I'm hoping the story with Jennie is producer-driven - it's hard to believe anyone could actually be that clueless and selfish, but I suppose it's possible. I can't imagine putting a spouse through that again especially after so much repeated trauma - why not appreciate and enjoy the three healthy kids they already have? He had no answer when directly asked why he wanted more. And it's not like they have just ONE kid, they have THREE healthy thriving kids. Is he really just using this as cover to angle for a new wife? If this is indeed real, he's one of the asshattiest asshat husbands to ever appear on a Bravo show, and hope Jennie dumps his ass.

The rest of the episode was a snoozefest. Mary hates her husband which is no surprise. Her kid is mortified by her and doesn't want to be anywhere near her. Ditto Jen Shah's kid. I don't know how much Coach Shah knew about Jen's criminal affairs, but if he's innocent, I wish he had made a break for it and filed for divorce. Who knows what the reality is, but he seems like a decent likeable man from what we've been shown so far.

The slow-mo footage of Lisa in the restaurant was funny, but unsurprising. She always veers towards hysterics and pretending to be "so confused" whenever she's caught out. Whitney is good at confronting her, so there's entertainment value there.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Lisa isn't confused, she is flusterd because Whitney called her on her bullshit.

Marys eyes freak me out, she reminds me of the snake in The Jungle Book movie!

Lisa’s “I’m so confused!” is such bullshit.  That was a really bad, awkward set up.

Mary’s googly eyes are gross, sorry.  I can’t even look at them when she does that eye pop.

She does not even like her husband.. she seems repulsed by him.  She can’t force her son to stick around so she doesn’t have to ever be alone with her husband.

• Love 9

Oh, Mary, Mary, Mary.  She gets loopier by the day.  She must have loved the taste of freedom when Robert Sr. was stuck in Florida.  I guess her willingness to spill her feelings about him gives us some entertainment value, but I found it cringe-y and sad.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Oh, Mary, Mary, Mary.  She gets loopier by the day.  She must have loved the taste of freedom when Robert Sr. was stuck in Florida.  I guess her willingness to spill her feelings about him gives us some entertainment value, but I found it cringe-y and sad.

I do not buy that Robert was stuck in Florida for a year, people flew during the early months of Covid, it started in March 2020 and I flew to Connecticut in August so why would Crazy Mary lie and say he was stuck in Florida and let's see why Robert was content on staying in Florida for a year or more.  I am not buying that story.  Robert could have rented a car and drove home so Crazy Mary, what is the truth?

Long rice vs. short rice, to me the real story is that her husband made dinner for her and I think that was very nice...my husband does not cook, he can microwave like the dickens but he would never be able to figure out water, rice, heat, etc...

• Love 12
10 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Marys eyes freak me out, she reminds me of the snake in The Jungle Book movie!

I think it's the eyelashes.  She must not wear them often enought to be used to the weight.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Am I alone in thinking Duy looks like Fred Armisen?

The whole baby trope is so done, he does not want more children, he knows how hard it was to get three healthy kids, who would even suggest having more kids in that situation...also why wait till the youngest is like 10?  That puts Jennie 10 years older and at more risk, too many things can happen to that baby in a geriatric pregnancy, that man if he is serious would not be happy if Jennie agreed to have a child it was born with Down Syndrome or something else at their stage in life. I truly hope Duy is not that selfish.

Jenn Shah spending money on jewelry for the other HW's to buy their friendship, stupid. I bet she pretended to shop at that store then went on line and ordered six sterling silver and cz snowflake necklaces for the women.  What ever happened to those expensive designer earbuds she gave the HW's last season, yeah, that is what I thought...empty boxes returned to the store after filming, we never even saw the ladies even open the boxes.

I agree with Whitney, that restaurant scene was a set up.

No Brooks Marks this episode, there is a G-d!

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Am I alone in thinking Duy looks like Fred Armisen?

No you are not alone. I knew he looked like someone, yes, he does look like Fred Armisen. I hope this storyline of wanting more kids is only for the show because this is spousal abuse threatening Jen with a sister wife if she doesn’t do what he wants. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 16
22 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

No you are not alone. I knew he looked like someone, yes, he does look like Fred Armisen. I hope this storyline of wanting more kids is only for the show because this is spousal abuse threatening Jen with a sister wife if she doesn’t do what he wants. 

I feel like Fred/Duy is saying that since your (Jennie) lady bits are broken I'd like a new wife that has better working lady bits, like her value is just as a uterus.  That makes me mad, I hope she spits in every meal she serves him.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

The Jen fertility storyline is vile however one interprets it.

If Duey is serious and actually wants more children given both their ages - that they have raised three children - and Jen's medical history, he is vile. 

If this is a storyline they both agreed upon, my question would be why they thought this would be a good story line as it makes Duey appear to be a vile repulsive human being and plays into ridiculous Asian stereotypes of concubines. 

Was Jen setting him up for some kind of divorce? I would imagine that the tapes would make excellent evidence for any kind of divorce proceedings. 

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, amarante said:

If this is a storyline they both agreed upon, my question would be why they thought this would be a good story line as it makes Duey appear to be a vile repulsive human being and plays into ridiculous Asian stereotypes of concubines. 

They're both doing this ridiculous fake story for Bravo $$$.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I do not buy that Robert was stuck in Florida for a year, people flew during the early months of Covid, it started in March 2020 and I flew to Connecticut in August so why would Crazy Mary lie and say he was stuck in Florida and let's see why Robert was content on staying in Florida for a year or more.  I am not buying that story.  Robert could have rented a car and drove home so Crazy Mary, what is the truth?

Mary : I thought the same thing when she mentioned this on the first episode this season. Puhleeze. Stuck in Florida, like it was Antarctica. He probably used Covid as an excuse to her for not coming back to Utah, and she sure as hell didn't argue cuz she can't stand him. 

I bet he has somethin-somethin on the side in the sunshine state.

But she is one weird bird in so many ways. Maybe she wants to use rice preferences as grounds for divorce. You know, like irreconcilable rice. 

My husband prefers thin spaghetti, while I like angel hair. We've worked thru it. ;)

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

I thought the same thing when she mentioned this on the first episode this season. Puhleeze. Stuck in Florida, like it was Antarctica. He probably used Covid as an excuse to her for not coming back to Utah, and she sure as hell didn't argue cuz she cant stand him. 

I bet he has somethin somethin on the side in the sunshine state.

Yeah, maybe they are shacking up in one of those many homes she says she inherited!

• Love 4

While I agree with Mary that jasmine or basmati are the far superior grains of rice, if my husband ever cooked any rice, chicken, or vegetable, I would be well, first shocked, but also thankful. Meanwhile Mary’s angry about COVID vaccinations because grandpa was able to come home after an entire year with his short-grain rice. It sounds like she doesn’t like anything about this man and is lamenting the thought of being stuck with him as their son grows up. Um, you have two options here: try to work on the marriage or divorce him.

While Mary’s biggest complaints are rice length and her husband existing in her home,  poor Jennie’s husband is risking her health, the very likely probability of an eleventh pregnancy loss—including losing a full-term birth—or he’ll get a “sister wife”!! What. The. Fuck. Suddenly rice grain type seems like something you can easily compromise on. Jeesh!

Now Lisa and Whitney are best friends hanging out every day?! Oh, that was short-lived—now Whitney thinks Lisa faked the whole “friendship” just to lure her to the scene of the crime: the restaurant that canceled on her cousin. I’m sure the producers arrange and clear all of the locations for filming. I’ve never heard of the frantic arm roll method of balancing one’s auras, but okaaay. Why are these people always talking about their ancestors? So strange. I guess this is part of the Mormon upbringing. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Why are these people always talking about their ancestors? So strange. I guess this is part of the Mormon upbringing. 🤷‍♀️

Its kind of like the people that can trace their family's back to the mayflower.. its a SNOBY thing just to be able to lord over someone

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Why are these people always talking about their ancestors? So strange. I guess this is part of the Mormon upbringing. 🤷‍♀️

Definitely.  Mormons are very hyper-focused on ancestors, genealogy, etc.  Especially Utah Mormons whose ancestors crossed the plains by foot, pulling hand-carts.  It's important to appreciate ancestors that went through so much and made it.

9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Its kind of like the people that can trace their family's back to the mayflower.. its a SNOBY thing just to be able to lord over someone

Not really.  With Mormons it's more about appreciating the sacrifices your ancestors made for a better life.  Like when Whitney mentioned it, it was "well, if my ancestors can walk across the country pulling handcarts, I can certainly do ____________."  There are also religious reasons that Mormons are obsessed with genealogy that I won't get into, but suffice it to say, yes, ancestors are very important in that religion. 

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Useful 7
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Wicked said:

Jen's son hates her.

The way he was looking at her with horror in his eye's, then looking at his dad with that begging to save him look was everything! Too late to be playing involved mom, Jen. You son ain't buying it! 

Whitney loses her shit at the restaurant then they are toasting a minute later like everything is fine. I can't with these phonies.

Was Heather serious with that birds and bee's talk? Stop, girl. 

I feel sorry for new Jenny. I always considered 3 kids to be a big family. How many does this selfish prick of a husband want? The story of their stillborn baby was so sad. 

2 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

I bet he has somethin-somethin on the side in the sunshine state.

I don't think Mary would care if he did. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

100% it was just too convenient that they just "happen" to be at this restaurant and the owner just "happens" to bring it up out of nowhere.

It definitely seemed staged. As soon as she brought over the food she starts "I can't believe what Angie is doing!" I think I have seen Marco on an episode of Guy's Grocery Games.

Mary certainly isn't hiding her disdain of Robert Sr. Their forced marriage is catching up on them. She is the oddest woman and I still can't believe people look up to her as a leader in church. I'm kinda looking forward to Jennie going off on her next week.

Speaking of Jennie, my heart broke for her when she was recounting the story of her daughter's death. That must have been a very traumatic thing to go through. I agree with Meredith, Jennie and Duy need to go to a counselor to get through this and come to some sort of resolution. Duy is not looking good in this.

Jenn is still on her "I'm a good person, last year was just a fluke" tour. Save it Jenn, nobody (not even your son) is buying it. Gotta love the editors showing us how much money she is spending.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Mormons are very hyper-focused on ancestors, genealogy, etc.  Especially Utah Mormons whose ancestors crossed the plains by foot, pulling hand-carts.  It's important to appreciate ancestors that went through so much and made it.

Well, Whitney can lose me with that. She was cheating on her husband with this one who was her boss while he was cheating on his wife. They were both married and weren't they kicked out of the church? I don't think she has much regard or respect for her ancestors. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Well, Whitney can lose me with that. She was cheating on her husband with this one who was her boss while he was cheating on his wife. They were both married and weren't they kicked out of the church? I don't think she has much regard or respect for her ancestors. 

I agree, I'm just trying to explain the Mormon culture for those that are interested.

And I thought they were kicked out of the church, but not positive.  

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Definitely.  Mormons are very hyper-focused on ancestors, genealogy, etc.  Especially Utah Mormons whose ancestors crossed the plains by foot, pulling hand-carts.  It's important to appreciate ancestors that went through so much and made it.

Not really.  With Mormons it's more about appreciating the sacrifices your ancestors made for a better life.  Like when Whitney mentioned it, it was "well, if my ancestors can walk across the country pulling handcarts, I can certainly do ____________."  There are also religious reasons that Mormons are obsessed with genealogy that I won't get into, but suffice it to say, yes, ancestors are very important in that religion. 

I think many people who immigrated to America have similar stories about the hardships their ancestors endured when they came here. I would say that taking steerage on a ship in the 19th or early 20th century was equally brave and fraught with danger or hardship. As were the living conditions when they got here. Anyone who ever read The Jungle in high school probably will always remember the guy who got made into sausage. 

The analogy to Daughters of The Mayflower or Daughters of the Revolution is appropriate because the Mormons are not just claiming that they were pioneers - hell lots of people descended from pioneers of one kind or another. Even the Okies could be said to have endured a lot in the hope that things would be different or better in California.

However these Mormons are all claiming descent from "special" people. It is like when people with past lives always seem to have descended from nobility. I worked with a women years ago who boasted that she was descended from the Plantagenets. Or people who claim descent from "royal" lines that are extinct - of course I am not dealing with the idiocy of anyone claiming nobility or royalty as anything other than being descended from someone who was a more successful killer 1000 or 500 years ago 😂😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, amarante said:

I think many people who immigrated to America have similar stories about the hardships their ancestors endured when they came here. I would say that taking steerage on a ship in the 19th or early 20th century was equally brave and fraught with danger or hardship. As were the living conditions when they got here. Anyone who ever read The Jungle in high school probably will always remember the guy who got made into sausage. 

The analogy to Daughters of The Mayflower or Daughters of the Revolution is appropriate because the Mormons are not just claiming that they were pioneers - hell lots of people descended from pioneers of one kind or another. Even the Okies could be said to have endured a lot in the hope that things would be different or better in California.

However these Mormons are all claiming descent from "special" people. It is like when people with past lives always seem to have descended from nobility. I worked with a women years ago who boasted that she was descended from the Plantagenets. Or people who claim descent from "royal" lines that are extinct - of course I am not dealing with the idiocy of anyone claiming nobility or royalty as anything other than being descended from someone who was a more successful killer 1000 or 500 years ago 😂😂

Um, ok.  Again, I was just trying to explain why Mormons revere their ancestors.  And who cares if they're claiming descent from "special" people?   Many people think their families are "special".  

• Love 6

I also thought of Fred Armisen when Duy appeared. Then I wished I was watching the Californians vs this crap. I think their whole storyline is bullshit. I even question if they really lost a daughter. And if they did, screw them for discussing it on this type of show.
Heather, I get she didn’t get to party as much as she would have liked in her late teens but she looks downright giddy about her daughter getting to sleep around. It’s creepy. Encourage her to put her studies first. 
Whitney and Lisa - so very fake. I don’t see any real anger there. I think they enjoy filming together. 
Did Mary’s step grandpa husband inherit her? He must have control of the money. She would be divorced if it served her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I also thought of Fred Armisen when Duy appeared. Then I wished I was watching the Californians vs this crap. I think their whole storyline is bullshit. I even question if they really lost a daughter. And if they did, screw them for discussing it on this type of show.

While I question the validity of the overall story of Duy wanting another child and/or a sister wife.  I think it is very important to bring the discussion of miscarriage and still birth into the limelight.  Often it starts on this kind of show and spirals out.  Women (and men) need to know they are not alone when tragedy strikes. My mother had several miscarriages and a still birth in the late 50's and early 60's.  One of the last things she said to me before she died was that she hoped her boys (she thought the babies she had miscarried were all male) would be waiting for her in heaven.  

• Love 11
23 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I agree, I'm just trying to explain the Mormon culture for those that are interested.

And I thought they were kicked out of the church, but not positive.  

The Mormons have an almost obsessive interest in genealogy and their records are often used by non-Mormons because they are so complete.

They have gotten flack for baptizing non-Mormons after they have died. I know that there had to be a major intervention by Jewish organizations because they were baptizing Jews posthumously who had never had any desire to convert to Christianity. They were baptizing Jewish victims of the Holocaust posthumously which was particularly tone deaf.

My reaction to "boasts" about descending from "special" people is probably because it hits a nerve in terms of it often being tied to white nationalism and feelings that "pioneer stock" is somehow more "American" than ethnic immigrants and historically non-Aryan immigration has been feared and reviled in terms of the cultural history of the US. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, bkathi said:

I think it is very important to bring the discussion of miscarriage and still birth into the limelight.

He really went in to detail, it seemed cruel to be so descriptive on camera, rehash the details to his wife, he did not need to go over every painful moment again.  It is one thing to acknowledge that loss but to tell it to his wife as if she was not directly involved in the tragedy...ugh.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

He really went in to detail, it seemed cruel to be so descriptive on camera, rehash the details to his wife, he did not need to go over every painful moment again.  It is one thing to acknowledge that loss but to tell it to his wife as if she was not directly involved in the tragedy...ugh.

Agree, it was distasteful. It was planned though. Jennie was crying to Meredith and Lisa and Meredith told her to go to counseling. Then later he’s telling the story and asking for a sister wife which you wouldn’t bring up on camera if you were serious. They are one crappy couple using their baby’s years old death for a storyline. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, amarante said:

The Mormons have an almost obsessive interest in genealogy and their records are often used by non-Mormons because they are so complete.

One of my close friends, deeply involved in his genealogy for several decades, just spent a week in the SLC area continuing to research.  Their records are amazing and quite detailed.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yikes!!!  Jennie's niece spilling the tea...

8 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Wowsers! That is some actual tea! If true, it sounds like neither of them are great people.

IKR?!  This Jennie storyline does seem a little fishy to me.  Not that she didn't have multiple miscarriages but her husband would have to be as dumb as a box of rocks to say on T.V. hey how 'bout a sister wife after everything she's been thru. 

I'm much more interested in her future feud with Mary and more interaction with the rest of the gang.  These home fire story lines just seem a little forced especially for a new comer.

• Love 6
On 10/18/2021 at 1:59 PM, bichonblitz said:

The way he was looking at her with horror in his eye's, then looking at his dad with that begging to save him look was everything! Too late to be playing involved mom, Jen. You son ain't buying it! 

And Jen said something like, "he watched me as I watched my father die, he is traumatized by how I was at that time!"  I understand grief is very difficult, but I saw my parents lose their fathers and I was not traumatized... what the f was going on in that house that traumatized her son?  

On 10/18/2021 at 2:02 PM, MaggieG said:

It definitely seemed staged. As soon as she brought over the food she starts "I can't believe what Angie is doing!" I think I have seen Marco on an episode of Guy's Grocery Games.

I can imagine the planning that went into this: Ok, so we are going to come to your restaurant and YOU bring up the party when you deliver the food, just say it like, "yeah I can't believe what happened..."  and I will be like, "oh right, that happened, I wasn't even thinking about that!" and Whitney will be so fooled! 

On 10/19/2021 at 4:24 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Did Mary’s step grandpa husband inherit her? He must have control of the money. She would be divorced if it served her.

I am sure that money is the only reason she is still with that gross old man.  There are homes and businesses... I am interested in how assets would be split.  She only married him to get the money.

Why wasn't he cooking the chicken all the way through??  That is gross.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

IKR?!  This Jennie storyline does seem a little fishy to me.  Not that she didn't have multiple miscarriages but her husband would have to be as dumb as a box of rocks to say on T.V. hey how 'bout a sister wife after everything she's been thru. 

I'm much more interested in her future feud with Mary and more interaction with the rest of the gang.  These home fire story lines just seem a little forced especially for a new comer.

I know!  A lot of us were skeptical about the "more kids" storyline, with Duy willing to be put on blast on tv, but Jennie has really sold it these last few weeks. The sister wife conversation also seemed to be over the top.  Now with these revelations, I think we were right...they are all about doing whatever they can to be on the show.

I'm also on pins and needles to see what happened between Mary and Jennie- they were both shading each other on their respective appearances on WWHL.

• Love 6

Boring episode.

I was at first believing Jennie and her husband but after that scene in the snow and the convo they had. Oh my god so fake. Their acting was embarrassing lol. I had to FF after a bit.

• Love 5

It's hard for me not to believe that Jennie and her husband cooked up this storyline.  Maybe she's a good actress and worked up some tears for the camera during the ridiculous Sister Wive discussion where her husband is clearly not a good actor.

But whatever the case, this storyline is gross. 

[Edit: I see others here also think this is a fake storyline too and it isn't just me! I should read the entire thread before commenting!]

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 4