Type keyword(s) to search

And Just Like That in the Media

• Start Topic

In “real” SATC, Anthony would have called out that upper lip tragedy in a hot second. After all, they made fun of Samantha to her face for gaining a scant few pounds. “Mother of God, what’s with the gut?” “How, and I say this with love, how could you not realize it?”

And that was for a “pooch” that shows up if you eat one pizza slice too many at lunch. In real life, sure, enjoy and appreciate people for who they are and not their physical features, but when your entire premise is Pretty People in Pretty Things…crying foul is a bit disingenuous. 

PS I’m wearing a scrunchy RIGHT NOW.

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
41 minutes ago, Toodleoo said:

In real life, sure, enjoy and appreciate people for who they are and not their physical features, but when your entire premise is Pretty People in Pretty Things…crying foul is a bit disingenuous. 

I like Kristin but how long has she been in show business?  Long enough to know celebs are judged on their appearance.  Right or wrong they just are.  She doesn't look horrible. But she looks different enough that you know she did have work done. And there is nothing wrong with that.  She just happened to have had bad work done.   She would have been better off just ignoring what she didn't like to hear or said yeah I had work done.  I'm an actress of a certain age and we are expected to try and stay youthful looking.  

• Love 9

The issue with plastic surgery that even when one goes to the very best surgeons, things don't always go 100% as expected. And a good part of how well a procedure looks is how your own body heals. Not everyone ends up with the same result. You can put the exact same size and type of breast implant in two women with nearly identical bodies, yet one might have severe encapsulating and hardening that makes her breasts painful and unnatural looking, while the other is perfect and has no problems. Some women have poor healing with fillers, and others don't heal well after a face lift.

A lot of people forget the surgery aspect and focus only on the cosmetic part, which is a problem because once you start down that road, fixes for things that turn out less than perfect ends up being more surgery. 

Charlotte tends to feel like a relatively shallow character compared to the others and it would be an interesting storyline for her to grapple with the pressures that she'd felt all her life as the "pretty girl". That once she started seeing the signs of aging that couldn't be covered with makeup, she make the decision to go under the knife, like millions of other women in their 50s who can afford to do so. Because women are under tremendous pressure to look younger than their chronological age and we can contrast it with Miranda, who clearly feels less pressure and is more comfortable with going gray and looking middle-aged. Not to pass judgement on one of them being right, but just acknowledging that this pressure exists for women and we all handle it in our own ways. Let all three of them grapple with the things that middle-aged women deal with.

Rather than seeing Carrie getting ready to find love again after losing her husband (which is pretty crass), let's see an honest look at how women are handling these changes of life. Show the effects of menopause and how shocking it can be for women to realize that they really are older and while on the surface they might be able to hold back time, inside they can't. Show the hot flashes and insomnia and mood swings. Let Charlotte, who had fertility struggles, mourn that her menstrual cycles are done with because even if she didn't plan of having anymore children, now she definitely won't be able to. Have her wrestle with the desire to keep her naturally dark hair when she gets so much gray that keeping it colored because a real burden. Have Miranda running into situations professionally that while she's perfectly comfortable with her naturally gray hair, that it might affect her career because she now looks "old". We can see Carrie deal with a loss of libido, which would impact her desire to date following her husband's passing. The show has an opportunity to give an interesting and honest look at women in their middle-age years and all that comes with it.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

The show has an opportunity to give an interesting and honest look at women in their middle-age years and all that comes with it.

When this show was first announced a lot of us here on this board thought maybe just maybe this show would do just that.  Looks like that was us way overestimating what the people involved in this show were capable/willing to do.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

When this show was first announced a lot of us here on this board thought maybe just maybe this show would do just that.  Looks like that was us way overestimating what the people involved in this show were capable/willing to do.

I don't have HBO Max so I've been following this thread and watching snippets of "And Just Like That" on TikTok. And I can't help but wonder, do they have actual 50-something Gen X women writing for this show? Because it doesn't feel like it.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 12

Plastic surgery does not age well.  So all the effort to keep yourself from looking older, goes down the tubes the older you get.  But that's just my opinion as I embrace my emerging 45 year old laugh lines.  I've earned every single one of these wrinkles, thank you very much, and I will wear the with pride.  

Let all three of them grapple with the things that middle-aged women deal with.

Yeah....I think they *think* they are doing that?

My husband watched the first 2 episodes.  He watched the whole series and both movies so he knows the characters and stories.  His reactino was a good solid - Huh.  He's pissed that they killed Big, who from his perspective, was the most interesting character ON the show itself.  He thinks the Samantha excuse was pathetic (also one of the more interestingly written characters on the show from his perspective).  The alcohol issue with Miranda was blatantly obvious to him (I missed it).  But ultimately he thinks this is a writing issue.  The writing is off and he thinks as a result, the acting is off.  He doesn't think the storylines themselves are terrible per se, but it's just lousy writing.  He pointed out that even though they killed Big which he doesn't agree with, it's not like Big didn't have heart issues, nor is it unheard of for somebody in their 50s to suddenly find themselves widowed and what does that mean at that age as opposed to later when it might be more expected.  But the writing is almost like a caricature of itself around these things so it's just...bad.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Bookish Jen said:

I don't have HBO Max so I've been following this thread and watching snippets of "And Just Like That" on TikTok. And I can't help but wonder, do they have actual 50-something Gen X women writing for this show? Because it doesn't feel like it.

Going to IMDB, because you peaked my curiosity.  The writers for the first two installments were Michael Patrick King and Darren Star, so..... maybe the next installment will improve with two of the female writers coming into the picture.  Not holding my breath, but will check in here to see.  I just can't bear to sit through another episode. 

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Plastic surgery does not age well.  So all the effort to keep yourself from looking older, goes down the tubes the older you get.  But that's just my opinion as I embrace my emerging 45 year old laugh lines.  I've earned every single one of these wrinkles, thank you very much, and I will wear the with pride.  

At some point last week Kristin Davis and Nicole Ari Parker were on Tamron Hall's talk show. Tamron spoke about portraying women in their 50s and said that EXACT same thing about wrinkles. It was incredibly ironic to me that Kristen was clapping and agreeing with her wholeheartedly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, MicheleinPhilly said:

At some point last week Kristin Davis and Nicole Ari Parker were on Tamron Hall's talk show. Tamron spoke about portraying women in their 50s and said that EXACT same thing about wrinkles. It was incredibly ironic to me that Kristen was clapping and agreeing with her wholeheartedly. 

Who knows, she may have been clapping and agreeing because she knows she should have left well enough alone and has major regrets.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Going to IMDB, because you peaked my curiosity.  The writers for the first two installments were Michael Patrick King and Darren Star, so..... maybe the next installment will improve with two of the female writers coming into the picture.  Not holding my breath, but will check in here to see.  I just can't bear to sit through another episode. 

I think Darren Star gets credit from being show creator but I'm almost positive he has absolutely nothing to do with this new series (and rightfully so, it shows). 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

I think Darren Star gets credit from being show creator but I'm almost positive he has absolutely nothing to do with this new series (and rightfully so, it shows). 

Just going by what was on IMDB, which isn't always correct.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13821522/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13824186/?ref_=tt_eps_rec

Then episode three is written by Julie Rottenberg, Elisa Zuritsky and Michael Patrick King.  So hopefully the women POV may help.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Useful 1
40 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Just going by what was on IMDB, which isn't always correct.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13821522/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13824186/?ref_=tt_eps_rec

Then episode three is written by Julie Rottenberg, Elisa Zuritsky and Michael Patrick King.  So hopefully the women POV may help.

It also has Candace Bushnell listed as a writer and she for sure is not working on the show. I think her and Darren still get credit ($$$$) because Darren created the series off of Candace's books so there would be no this without any of that. In reality, MPK wrote episodes one and two himself. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Kristin Davis & Nicole Ari Parker on the Next Chapter of “Sex and the City”

When actually WATCHING this video, I don't think Kristin Davis looks that bad. But in the STILL for the video to me, she is almost unrecognizable. It's odd.

• Love 7

I think I would have been more inclined to watch the show if I’d had a sense that they were going to try to do a somewhat realistic take on women turning the corner from middle to old age. After the second movie, I had zero faith in MPK and SJP to do that. I feel a bit like they’re a one trick pony and all they know is what worked 20 years ago. Or they’re afraid to go out of their lane (which I kind of understand because would the desirable young demographic tune in for a more realistic, less glamorous version of the show? Would the original viewers who loved the glittery flashy part of the original show appreciate a more sober take?)

Is the pandemic a thing, or even mentioned, in this show? I ask because it could really be the jumping off point for some interesting stories that are connected to where they are in life. The gray hair is a fine example: how many women quit hair maintenance during the pandemic? I had to and I finally learned what color my hair really is which has led to a whole process of re-evaluating how I see myself and what I want to present to others. It sounds stupid, but it’s also true and real. Also, how many people quit their jobs or reshuffled priorities?  I’m not saying they needed to make the pandemic a storyline (because we’re all exhausted from it, I think), but for many people it’s had a profound impact on their lives. And even a throwaway line about going eight months without a real haircut/manicure/Botox/color/whatever could have prompted some sort of meaningful discussion. Just imagine how it affected all those brunches. And Steve’s bar! And the forced time together!

If this has been part of the show, forgive me-I’m not getting that impression, based on what I’ve read. 

Are there any favorable reviews of the show? I’ve only read a few and at best, it seems to be a mixed bag. It sounds as though some of the new characters are viewed favorably, but that seems to be the best of the limited reviews I’ve read.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Maysie said:

I think I would have been more inclined to watch the show if I’d had a sense that they were going to try to do a somewhat realistic take on women turning the corner from middle to old age. After the second movie, I had zero faith in MPK and SJP to do that. I feel a bit like they’re a one trick pony and all they know is what worked 20 years ago. Or they’re afraid to go out of their lane (which I kind of understand because would the desirable young demographic tune in for a more realistic, less glamorous version of the show? Would the original viewers who loved the glittery flashy part of the original show appreciate a more sober take?)

Do we know that the show isn't going to do a somewhat realistic take on women turning the corner from middle to old age?  We're only 2 episodes in, so I'm not assuming that the rest of it is just going to be more of Carrie mourning and wokeness.  Unless I missed something that was leaked.  From what I read, MPK said in an interview that the show was going to get back on track after Big's death pretty quickly, which gives me hope that it's going to get better soon.  I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Maysie said:

Is the pandemic a thing, or even mentioned, in this show? I ask because it could really be the jumping off point for some interesting stories that are connected to where they are in life. The gray hair is a fine example: how many women quit hair maintenance during the pandemic? I had to and I finally learned what color my hair really is which has led to a whole process of re-evaluating how I see myself and what I want to present to others. It sounds stupid, but it’s also true and real. Also, how many people quit their jobs or reshuffled priorities?  I’m not saying they needed to make the pandemic a storyline (because we’re all exhausted from it, I think), but for many people it’s had a profound impact on their lives. And even a throwaway line about going eight months without a real haircut/manicure/Botox/color/whatever could have prompted some sort of meaningful discussion. Just imagine how it affected all those brunches. And Steve’s bar! And the forced time together!

A nudge and a wink was given to the pandemic in the form of asides about being happy not to have to wear masks, but it's almost like in the show the pandemic is in the past.  Although some people were acting like that over the summer given the low Covid numbers and loosening of mandates all over the country including NYC.  But I don't need the show to make the pandemic a big part of it.  Maybe a continuation of asides like with hair issues and stuff, but not much more.  Besides, the show didn't even register September 11th when that happened and that was HUGE in NYC, even huger than in other parts of the country for obvious reasons.  And from what I remember nobody blinked about that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

When actually WATCHING this video, I don't think Kristin Davis looks that bad. But in the STILL for the video to me, she is almost unrecognizable. It's odd.

I just watched a bit (can't get emotional hearing about Willie right now). I agree, Kristin looks really pretty there. :)

8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Do we know that the show isn't going to do a somewhat realistic take on women turning the corner from middle to old age?  We're only 2 episodes in, so I'm not assuming that the rest of it is just going to be more of Carrie mourning and wokeness.  Unless I missed something that was leaked.  From what I read, MPK said in an interview that the show was going to get back on track after Big's death pretty quickly, which gives me hope that it's going to get better soon.  I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

I think that’s fair to ask, and I have no idea. I read about three reviews of the show and I came away thinking I’d take a pass because the gist of what I read was that there were some good things in the show, but that it seemed to force some storylines to be relevant or politically correct or something along those lines. 

8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

But I don't need the show to make the pandemic a big part of it.  Maybe a continuation of asides like with hair issues and stuff, but not much more.  Besides, the show didn't even register September 11th when that happened and that was HUGE in NYC, even huger than in other parts of the country for obvious reasons.  And from what I remember nobody blinked about that.

I think asides in reference to the pandemic would be sufficient to “address” it. I only asked about it because I’ve seen some shows where it’s like it never happened, and I am totally on board with that. The beauty of tv is it can provide an escape, and I am here for that!

I’m just saying that if they are going to address some of changes that come with aging, the pandemic is a realistic, organic way to segue into some of it, such as physical/appearance maintenance and the loss of the ability to socialize; maybe it will come up. I wonder if they felt pressure to diversify the cast given everything that’s happened in race and gender issues since the show has gone off the air (and the criticism they received because of the lack of diversity in the franchise in the past). And you can only take on so much at once.

I believe it’s really really tough to do a series reboot, even under the best of circumstances, because times change and people change and to recapture what worked well on the first run can be difficult, if not impossible, the second time around. I will say that when any actor chooses to do a reunion show or series, I half think they’re brave and half think they’re nuts because in our society the first impulse is to judge how they look. It’s not for the faint of heart.

• Love 3

From the EW article:

EW The scene in the premiere when Carrie and Miranda are talking about missing Samantha was really emotional to watch. It feels like maybe you're leaving the door open for a Kim Cattrall return. Is that accurate?

Michael Patrick King No. It's Carrie and Miranda talking about their friendship, and how strange it is that they're not together forever. It's not a tease saying Kim Cattrall's coming back. Samantha lives in London. Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha have had a little bit of a split. So really what it is, and why it resonates, is because everybody believes those friendships were forever. The audience believed those friendships were forever, and so did the main characters. We're trying to mirror that feeling, but it's not an invite. It's a story point.

What an asshole. He should grovel to get her back.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

From the EW article:

EW The scene in the premiere when Carrie and Miranda are talking about missing Samantha was really emotional to watch. It feels like maybe you're leaving the door open for a Kim Cattrall return. Is that accurate?

Michael Patrick King No. It's Carrie and Miranda talking about their friendship, and how strange it is that they're not together forever. It's not a tease saying Kim Cattrall's coming back. Samantha lives in London. Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha have had a little bit of a split. So really what it is, and why it resonates, is because everybody believes those friendships were forever. The audience believed those friendships were forever, and so did the main characters. We're trying to mirror that feeling, but it's not an invite. It's a story point.

What an asshole. He should grovel to get her back.

MPK is like that guy who hounds you to go out with him and when you say no they say I didn't want to go out with you anyways. And you are ugly.

If Kim showed interest in coming back (which I don't think she ever will) he would change his tune.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
8 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

MPK is like that guy who hounds you to go out with him and when you say no they say I didn't want to go out with you anyways. And you are ugly.

If Kim showed interest in coming back (which I don't think she ever will) he would change his tune.

Yeah, especially after the already mixed reaction to this reboot.  He'd be lucky to get her back to save this thing.  At this point I doubt any amount of begging or money would change her mind, but you never know....

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Kim Cattrall's returning wouldn't be some manna from heaven, making everything right with the world.  It's still going to be MPK and his current group of writers and until that changes it's going to continue to be a cluster.  YMMV

Agreed. KC sure wasn't able to save the second SATC film....hers was the very worst part, despite her best efforts. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Kim Cattrall's returning wouldn't be some manna from heaven, making everything right with the world.  It's still going to be MPK and his current group of writers and until that changes it's going to continue to be a cluster.  YMMV

37 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Agreed. KC sure wasn't able to save the second SATC film....hers was the very worst part, despite her best efforts. 

Yes, as talented as she is, it all begins and ends with the writers.

Remember, that gross scene with the girl and Brady rolling around in bed was supposed to originally be with Samantha (shudders).

If I was as successful as KC…I would never sign on for that.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Kristin has a joker smile, isn’t she? Same smile like Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend, I forgot her name.

• Love 2
On 12/9/2021 at 6:30 PM, RealHousewife said:

I'm a millennial but feel like an old lady with all the streaming. I can't keep up! 

It has become insanely ridiculous. Instead of choice like they claim it’s all a sad money grab. 

• Love 4

From an EW review:

But it's…stretching to include vast political sensitivities in a way that feels more self-serving than self-aware

Bingo!  Of course they still gave it a B-

That said: The first Sex and the City movie was boring. The second one ("Abu Dhabi do!") is a crime against humanity.

Uugh That movie was so bad, so so bad!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, aghst said:

Maybe they knew and it factored into writing off the character?

No, Big's death was planned since the third movie. 

Timing is interesting, though. Most viewers are unhappy that they killed Big off, POOF! here's a scandal, and now people are going to say "good riddance". 

• Love 1

Michael Patrick King is a piece of shit work. Here's what he says about Miranda and Steve's marriage: via TVLine

Showrunner Michael Patrick King agrees that Miranda is feeling “trapped” at this point in her life: “At the concert, she seems to be responding to the word ‘change’… and Miranda’s always been a bit of an outsider. Even within the group, she was the one who was the least successful at dating. She was the one who was the most angry at society. So Miranda’s always been somebody who went her own way.”

As King points out, even Miranda’s marriage to Steve “was because she got pregnant. So we’re trying to be as bold as possible… The series has always been bold, always. Samantha had a lesbian relationship with Sonia Braga for, like, four episodes. I mean, it’s not new to explore sexuality.”

Does he just not know the characters at all? Is he suffering from memory loss, or is he being purposefully obtuse? Whatever the reason, I hate this even more. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 14

Did…did he actually work on the show?

Brady is born in 4.18.  Miranda and Steve declare their love for each other at the end of Season Six, Part One and marry two or three episodes into Part Two.  So there’s an entire two seasons they have the baby and aren’t married.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Fuck him. I actually WATCHED THE SHOW. Miranda TURNED DOWN Steve's first proposal. She was willing to go it as a single mother. She married Steve because she LOVED him, as evidenced in "One" and "The Ick Factor". So King can take his revisionist history and shove it.

9 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

That is some bullshit

FUCK him! Despite the reviews, I was willing to give this a shot, but not if he's going to talking out of his ass and backing it up with crap on-screen. Steve and Miranda got back together at Brady's party when he turned one. They did not get together, or get married, because of Brady. She was with fine ass Blair Underwood and still chose Steve (no offense to Eigenberg.) So, it's not a case of her having no options and settling. This isn't about being bold, but lazy. 

• Love 18

That makes me SO angry! That's just totally untrue. They didn't get married because she was pregnant, it happened a whole year after Brady was born.

If he means that Steve and Miranda only got back together because of Brady, meaning he's the only thing they have in common (which is basically what Miranda was saying in this last episode), well, I mean....I guess you can kinda make a case for that, but if they didn't love each other, they wouldn't have lasted this long. They didn't have any more kids, and it's been I guess 17 years, right? 

I don't know. I guess with her becoming an alcoholic they're trying to say she has been miserable, but that just makes me mad.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

That makes me SO angry! That's just totally untrue. They didn't get married because she was pregnant, it happened a whole year after Brady was born.

If he means that Steve and Miranda only got back together because of Brady, meaning he's the only thing they have in common (which is basically what Miranda was saying in this last episode), well, I mean....I guess you can kinda make a case for that, but if they didn't love each other, they wouldn't have lasted this long. They didn't have any more kids, and it's been I guess 17 years, right? 

I don't know. I guess with her becoming an alcoholic they're trying to say she has been miserable, but that just makes me mad.

And if things were so damned bad, why even reconcile in the first film? I mean, if King wants to use BS as a foundation for Miranda just becoming the actress playing her, and say that Miranda's life with Steve has always been crap, why not have them split in that film? But Miranda WILLINGLY reconciled after therapy. It even showed her on the Brooklyn Bridge, worrying that Steve wouldn't show, per Carrie's voice-over.

This whole thing is just ridiculous bullshit.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And if things were so damned bad, why even reconcile in the first film? I mean, if King wants to use BS as a foundation for Miranda just becoming the actress playing her, and say that Miranda's life with Steve has always been crap, why not have them split in that film? But Miranda WILLINGLY reconciled after therapy. It even showed her on the Brooklyn Bridge, worrying that Steve wouldn't show, per Carrie's voice-over.

This whole thing is just ridiculous bullshit.

And Miranda and Steve were all happy, kissy-kissy and he was super supportive of her career change in the second movie. Two years after reconciling on the Brooklyn Bridge. 

MPK is rewriting history for his new agenda. And I'm sorry, but, Cynthia didn't seem to mind playing Miranda straight in the last season of SATC and the two movies. Writing/changing a character's arc for the sake of an actor's real life is so uninspired and lazy. Acting doesn't mean playing a version of yourself on screen. Learn to separate real life from make believe.

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 14
22 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Besides, the show didn't even register September 11th when that happened and that was HUGE in NYC, even huger than in other parts of the country for obvious reasons.  And from what I remember nobody blinked about that.

They did acknowledge it, but subtly. It was too horrific an event to actually portray for a show like that.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, qtpye said:

Remember, that gross scene with the girl and Brady rolling around in bed was supposed to originally be with Samantha (shudders).

If I was as successful as KC…I would never sign on for that.

Is this confirmed? Would love more info

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Tammy12 said:

Is this confirmed? Would love more info

It was never confirmed but there were rumors of dick pics and sexting. At this time, Brady was 14.

I felt that KC had a straw that broke the camel's back moment with the third movie and I think this was it.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/kim-cattrall-quit-sex-and-the-city-3-because-of-sexting-storyline-between-samantha-and-14-year-old-brady-8185276/#:~:text=It has been claimed that,earlier on in the film.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, qtpye said:

It was never confirmed but there were rumors of dick pics and sexting. At this time, Brady was 14.

I felt that KC had a straw that broke the camel's back moment with the third movie and I think this was it.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/kim-cattrall-quit-sex-and-the-city-3-because-of-sexting-storyline-between-samantha-and-14-year-old-brady-8185276/#:~:text=It has been claimed that,earlier on in the film.

wow I don't blame her! thanks so much

• Love 9

From Vulture, everyone (besides Kim) remembers Willie Garson and it’s absolutely devastating. 

2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

They did acknowledge it, but subtly. It was too horrific an event to actually portray for a show like that.

From what I recall, besides removing the Twin Towers from the credits, the crew said “Anchors Away” (5.1) was their first big post 9/11 episode, complete with Carrie calling New York her “boyfriend” and saying “no one talks [crap] about my man.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Black Knight said:

The references to the pandemic in this current show so far have been a little more than subtle, which was my point.  And the pandemic was/is arguably even more or as much of a horrific event as 9/11, especially in NYC. 

Both events affected me personally in a very big way.  People I knew died and/or were hurt in both events.  A good friend was lucky to be alive after the South Tower fell on him while taking photos for the Daily News.  His legs were crushed.  He walks with titanium rods now.  Another HS friend died.  One friend's brother died.  My father died of Covid in early 2020 when there were 700 people a DAY dying in NYC.  We were lucky his body wasn't put in a refrigerator truck.  That's what they told me although I have no way of knowing.  I wasn't allowed anywhere near the hospital, they were in crisis, no one was able to hold the phone to his ear for me to talk with him.  I was able to beg someone to do it ONCE for only a few seconds to tell him we loved him.  It took a MONTH to get his body cremated.  We had no other choice.  They had to send his body to Pennsylvania because all the crematoriums in the local area were flooded.  I wasn't able to go to NY to get his ashes for months because of lockdowns and travel restrictions and I didn't want them mailed.  We weren't able to have a proper funeral.  I never got his personal effects back, like his clothing, driver's license and wallet. 

Anyway I know from personal experience how horrific the pandemic has been in NYC.

Edited by Yeah No
20 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Of course, that would have been my next sentence.