Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: A Big Fat Disappointment

• Start Topic

While on a painful break with the French man, Whitney grapples with her own jealousy after hearing Chase's happy news; the French man finally reaches out, but he may decide his privacy is more important than a romance with her.

The episode title could refer to Whitney so very easily. 

Original air date 2021.10.05 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

So Whitney backed out of het test? Shocker.

That's the most animated I've ever seen Chase. That must be what he's like when he's in a legit relationship with someone he actually likes.

Whit wouldn't move to Wilmington yet wants to "date" someone in France?

That settles it. If Le Dudezer Blur does wind up going to Maine with her crew then I know it's all fake. Nobody would watch this show and willingly go on "vacation" with these assholes. Not without a paycheck. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

That's the most animated I've ever seen Chase. That must be what he's like when he's in a legit relationship with someone he actually likes.

That and he is probably nearly the end of his obligation to TLC. That would make anyone more animated. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

That and he is probably nearly the end of his obligation to TLC. That would make anyone more animated. 

He must be giddy at last getting off this stinking ship ,he will need therapy.The scars are deep.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

I’d think that Chase would want to maintain as much of a connection as possible with the show. It’s relatively easy money.  He can’t be making too much money working at checking yards for gas and cable lines in people’s yards.  If he can stay on good terms…..maybe, Whit can help celebrate life events with him!  Drama for the show and income for his family.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7

After he explained himself in regards to posting the screenshots of the hate mail he got, after their 'broken engagement',  I could kinda actually understand it. Showing that he and Whitney are "ok" and "hey, I'm moving on and she's cool with it. OKAY??!" Makes sense to me.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, 3outta5 said:

After he explained himself in regards to posting the screenshots of the hate mail he got, after their 'broken engagement',  I could kinda actually understand it. Showing that he and Whitney are "ok" and "hey, I'm moving on and she's cool with it. OKAY??!" Makes sense to me.

I dont believe for a second any fan cared enough about twit to threaten Chase & family, nope, not buying it!

More made up shitttt like the graifiti on the bus & crew-member 'frenchman'😏

• Love 10

How does someone who has been working on weight loss for years not know there are 3500 calories per pound of fat? That's like day 1 weight loss basics. Surely between her Dad's portion efforts, Will's nutrition advice, and plain old Google she should have known this before now. I knew it before now, and I've never even had major weight to lose. I don't know how you go from that lack of awareness to being a personal trainer.

Also, I don't see how she's so busy she can't study. Even if she's doing filming and the egg retrieval procedure, that's far from all-consuming. Lots of people take part time classes and still manage to work part/full time, raise kids, have a social life, volunteer, etc. She's had months to study before and after these "busy" times too. At some point you've got to knuckle down and just do it.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, xls said:

I dont believe for a second any fan cared enough about twit to threaten Chase & family, nope, not buying it!

More made up shitttt like the graifiti on the bus & crew-member 'frenchman'😏

I totally agree.  

I laughed out loud when Chase told how he ended up in the arms of & subsequently impregnated his "ex" because he felt neglected when Whitney traipsed off to Paris with her friends. Nice job, writers!!   OMG

That's a French boy, not a man. I'll bet in reality she's got 15+ years on this dude.  "What do you smell like?" she's asks the boy.  Ooo la la, that's sexy talk, she's trying to turn him on, baby!

• LOL 15
  • Love 6

How infuriating that she is not wearing her mask at the doctor’s office. EVERYBODY else in the room is wearing one. UGH! It’s Whitney’s world and nobody else matters.

Edited by lgprimes
I know how to spell
  • Love 12

Why the hell did she not get anesthesia for the egg retrieval?? I didn’t even have the option, it was done under anesthesia and that was it. Zero desire to do it without anesthesia. And preparing for egg retrieval is not all time consuming… it’s what 2 weeks of injections?? I did it during my pediatrics residency, the ultrasound appts are early in the morning and only a few minutes, and you’re on your way. She could have been studying, she’s just lazy and disgusting and wants us all to say poor whitney? 

And why ghe hell is she inviting the french man on the family vacation without talking to anyone else about it first? And who invites someone you never met to meet everyone?? I can’t, she’s like perpetually stuck in high school. She’s around my age, and  just seems like she’s never grown up. I don’t understand. 

• Love 22

I can’t stand Whitney but Chase is running a close 2nd place…. He looks like a greasy, sweaty Mario Bros reject… that hair and that cheesy moustache 🥸🤮

He had the jitters, leg bouncing like a Mofo… blech!

Sarah is welcome to him… what a jackass!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

Why the hell did she not get anesthesia for the egg retrieval?? I didn’t even have the option, it was done under anesthesia and that was it. Zero desire to do it without anesthesia. And preparing for egg retrieval is not all time consuming… it’s what 2 weeks of injections?? I did it during my pediatrics residency, the ultrasound appts are early in the morning and only a few minutes, and you’re on your way. She could have been studying, she’s just lazy and disgusting and wants us all to say poor whitney? 

And why ghe hell is she inviting the french man on the family vacation without talking to anyone else about it first? And who invites someone you never met to meet everyone?? I can’t, she’s like perpetually stuck in high school. She’s around my age, and  just seems like she’s never grown up. I don’t understand. 

You give her too much credit.  I think 7th grade is closer to her emotional age.

• Love 10

Thoughts:

That was like a Hit Parade of the world's ugliest leggings, all modeled by Big Whit.

I think she opted out of anesthesia because now she'll be able to talk about the pain of the retrieval process as being just like childbirth. 

I laughed when she asked Will if he noticed how 'bloated' she was. 

Why/how does an online tutor get a vacation? I find it hard to believe (among many other things) that he could be making enough to fly to the US. Not that he's going to ever get to Maine, based on the preview.

I chuckled when Chase commented that Whit certainly wouldn't move to France for Le Blur, and that it seemed unlikely that anyone would move from Paris to Greensboro.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Thoughts:

That was like a Hit Parade of the world's ugliest leggings, all modeled by Big Whit.

I think she opted out of anesthesia because now she'll be able to talk about the pain of the retrieval process as being just like childbirth. 

I laughed when she asked Will if he noticed how 'bloated' she was. 

Why/how does an online tutor get a vacation? I find it hard to believe (among many other things) that he could be making enough to fly to the US. Not that he's going to ever get to Maine, based on the preview.

I chuckled when Chase commented that Whit certainly wouldn't move to France for Le Blur, and that it seemed unlikely that anyone would move from Paris to Greensboro.

Is the online tutoring his job? I thought it was just like a platform for people to speak with each other, so he learns English in exchange for speaking in French with someone? 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

Is the online tutoring his job? I thought it was just like a platform for people to speak with each other, so he learns English in exchange for speaking in French with someone? 

She claimed earlier that he is a graphic designer.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Why couldn't they put her in a twilight sleep during the egg removal if she didn't want to go all the way under? I had a uterine biopsy with nothing, which doesn't take long, and just that made me have to work hard not to kick the doctor.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 6

Omg this brought back memories.  I had a hysterosalpingogram when I couldn't get pregnant.  They shot water through my fallopian tubes to clear them.    It hurt so bad I was on the ceiling.….... delirious from pain.   But it worked! My first son is now 28!

So I was worried when whit didn't want anesthesia.  I say, if it's offered, take it!!

Chase looked like he aged 20 years, lol     

Edited by suev3333
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, suev3333 said:

Omg this brought back memories.  I had a hysterosalpingogram when I couldn't get pregnant.  They shot water through my fallopian tubes to clear them.    It hurt so bad I was on the ceiling delirious from pain.   But it worked! My first son is now 28!

So I was worried when whit didn't want anesthesia.  I say, if it's off

Whyyy didn't they give you anything for it? But I'm so happy about your son!! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

How are you “kind of dating” someone you’ve never met and clearly doesn’t want a reationship?? Why am I watching this?? 

Because we all love a good train wreck!! 😊

• Love 6
8 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Why couldn't they put her in a twilight sleep during the egg removal if she didn't want to go all the way under? I had a uterine biopsy with nothing, which doesn't take long, and just that made me have to work hard not to kick the doctor.

Had one of those too! I made my husband come and hold my hand through two of them😒

• Love 4
8 hours ago, JeanJean said:

The egg retrieval is usually done under that twilight sleep… the michael Jackson stuff. You’re not completely under, you’re still breathing on your own. And then you wake up feeling like you had the best sleep of your life. I’ve had 4 egg retrievals and each time was with propofol. 

I actually am thinkin now that maybe they told her that her weight would put her at too high a risk. These procedures are done at these freestanding fertility centers. They can’t be done in hospital because they have to have someone looking at each aspirate as they’re getting them and then storing them properly. if something goes wrong, you’re not in a hospital. Yes there’s an anesthesiologist but there’s only so much they can do, and maybe they just said she would be too high risk of obstructing her airway. But she’s just telling people she chose not to have anesthesia so she looks like some sort of hero. 

• Useful 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Called it a few weeks ago that she would never take that test!  And, yeah, her reasoning was assinine and I'm glad even Jessica said as much in her TH.

And, LMAO at the whole "I have no time in my busy sched to go to France--you should come here."  First off, is schedule so hard to say that you need to abbreviate?  Secondly, as if she wouldn't (and doesn't) jump at the chance to go to Paris.  And then inviting him to go to Maine--totally agree with Hunter in the previews, that's just weird.

Her puffy lips are so distracting in the THs.  She looks like she had an allergic reaction to something.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Because Whitney "suffering" makes much better  tv. Her acolytes eat that crap up... "Oh, poor Whitney...."

• Love 6

Ok, so:

1. Whit is a college grad, she knows how to take exam's. All that anxiety is pure BS. 

2. Sure way to a man's heart that you have never even met face to face  yet is to tell him all about your quest for a baby, and your egg retrieval. That'll get him hot for you!

3. Loved Chase laughing at Whit's ridiculous explanation of her new Le Blur. You wouldn't move to Wilmington but you want to date someone from Paris. Okayyyyy.

4. Buddy driving Whit to the Dr office when he lives out of town. Nobody in town could drive her. Not even her brother. 

5. I guess that top knot half bun on the top of her head is the new style. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Because Whitney "suffering" makes much better  tv. Her acolytes eat that crap up... "Oh, poor Whitney...."

Just shoot with the dart gun down she goes then the Vet oops I mean the 'doctor' can work on her.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

1. Whit is a college grad, she knows how to take exam's. All that anxiety is pure BS. 

She lost interest in the whole personal trainer thing because she actually has to put some effort into it.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

5. I guess that top knot half bun on the top of her head is the new style. 

This is actually kind of a dated syle...I don't think I've seen one of the Kartrashians in that do in quite a while. I suspect she thinks this disguises her hair loss, but it doesn't.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Chase's mustache was absolutely ... gross. Too thick in some places, patchy and uneven in others, and going over his lip line. I just want to get in there with a pair of nail scissors and trim the hell out of it, it's so nasty. That being said, I appreciate his calling her out on pursuing a relationship with someone across the globe when she wouldn't even relocate to Wilmington for him, her supposed fiancé. And I love how Sweatney is bitching about her feelings about his engagement, like he's not supposed to be engaged to his babymama or marry her or anything. My god.

Why should Sweatney be interested in putting ANY effort into taking a test or becoming certified as a trainer when she can collect followers for her NoBS crap? She's got Jessica there for quality control, so she'll be able to continue that past its normal Sweatney-influenced expiration date.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Did Whitney say she has stronger feelings for the Frenchman (whom she's never met) than she had for Chase (whom she was planning to marry)?

I believe she did say that.

It's so easy to spot when TLC scripts shows. On all of the "romantic" ones - this one, 90 Day Fiance - people always say "He/She/You're the one." Chase said it last night about his fiancee. They must tell everyone to say it.

Edited by JeanJean
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Did Whitney say she has stronger feelings for the Frenchman (whom she's never met) than she had for Chase (whom she was planning to marry)?

LOL, she sure did.  I know she has no embarrassment threshold, but I felt mortified for her going on and on about Le Blur to Chase when she hasn't even met him.  Also, double LOL that she's saying they're "on a pause."  Don't two people have to actually acknowledge there's a relationship to actually pause it?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

I am going to be really p---ed off if we don't get to see LeBlur by the end of the season.  I have never in my life seen a show with the 'for reasons xxx a person on this program has chosen to be blurred' except on crime shows.  Is that message really necessary at the beginning of every episode??? 

I have seen the picture of who sleuthers think is probably him on reddit.  He looks kind of cute in a way although I've only seen one or 2 awkward angled pictures, but not 'verrry attractive' as Heather described him or worthy of panting and hot sweats.  It appears he is most likely of Middle Eastern/North African descent (I love handsome olive colored men) and I think his voice is kind of sexy.  However, unless he has a thing for extremely morbidly obese women, I can't imagine Whitney will hold much allure for him, especially after they meet in person.  I think Whitney has a bright personality and can probably be somewhat interesting until you actually get to know her as the soul sucking black hole she has revealed herself to be on the show.  

I agree with the poster upthread mentioning Chase's nasty moustache.  When we first met him I thought he was moderately attractive and certainly a catch for Whitney.  But the more I saw of him I noticed that he always appeared greasy, sloppy and socially awkward. 

While in the shallow end of the pool, might as well mention there's something about Tal that turns me off...probably the combination of the pasty complexion, the pointy/elfin features and bald head, the nearly black eyes, and the giant tufts of chest hair always bursting out of his shirts.

And I can't stand when they show Todd dancing and he starts all that awkward ballet pirouette stuff.  I have never seen anything that either he or Whitney does that is impressive dance-wise.  They both look like self taught low level amateurs to me.  Todd is also very socially awkward and dresses absolutely horribly.  I sometimes have trouble understanding what he's saying because he speaks in such a strange rapid-fire singsong fashion.   

Edited by Joan van Snark
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Omg this brought back memories.  I had a hysterosalpingogram when I couldn't get pregnant.  They shot water through my fallopian tubes to clear them.    It hurt so bad I was on the ceiling.….... delirious from pain.   But it worked! My first son is now 28!

So I was worried when whit didn't want anesthesia.  I say, if it's offered, take it!!

Chase looked like he aged 20 years, lol     

I had the same procedure and they didn’t offer me anesthesia either.  After the procedure I got up from the table and fainted dead way.  And my son is now 30 😉 so the procedure obviously works, but it is pain I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Yes she did and she's insane with the emotional development of a 6 year old. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

It takes a 30-second Google search to discover that no tourists from the EU have been allowed into the USA since March 2020. So I don't believe for a minute that there was any intention of Frenchie coming to the USA and that this is all producer-driven fake drama. HWhitney is so thick that she probably had no idea though, and so is being played by both Frenchie and production.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I cringe watch this show. How on earth does Whitney convince her legions of fans that she's in a relationship with a man she's never met? Le Blur struggles with small talk (I realize English was prob not his first language learned). He doesn't sound one iota interested in a relationship with Twit. I'm so over her whining and excuses about how busy she is. Why do I watch?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5