Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E01: Here Comes the Sun

• Start Topic

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, taanja said:

Who was the dude who met up with Meredith? Was he once upon a time a patient? I don't remember but he is cute and they had more chemistry in their little cute meet than she has with that doctor back in Seattle (I can NOT remember his name!) the one whose kid hates Meredith.

So? Jo has a baby? That happened last season right? and let me get this straight - she sat in the car all day with a tiny baby -- who looked like it spent the day strapped into it's car seat? Um? What? My first impression was that Jo lived her her car but I believe at the beginning of the ep she was shown in an apartment?

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't remember. But this show (most shows, really) isn't exactly "set aside the computer and pay full attention" material for me. Also wasn't familiar with the actor in the first place; apparently I'm in the minority on that. (Just looked at his wiki page; I didn't watch Felicity which is what I'm guessing most people know him from.)

Luna's mother was a patient who died and Jo ended up adopting Luna through some unrealistic convolutedness. Jackson sold her his apartment when he left for his new life. Before that she was living in the loft she and Alex bought, with Glasses (and later Helm, at Glasses' invitation) crashing on her couch.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

That was Bernie Kopell playing the priest, right? The credit isn't listed in IMDb.

Yes, it's not on the Grey's episode page but it is on his page. (Good catch; I thought he looked familiar.)

Edit: duh, he was one of the nursing home residents on B Positive so I've seen him recently, too.

Edited by ams1001
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I agree that this didn't seem to have much of a time jump, but it still had to have had one I think, for half of the stories to work.  And there was a 10 month time jump on Station 19, they plainly said that. 

If they want to keep having these dumb crossovers, then that implies that the two shows are happening at the same time.  They just don't make sense.  Scout was born in April(ish) anyway, so is Grey's still stuck in the spring or in the fall?  Makes. No. Sense. 

There was a time jump in Grey's season 17 finale that Station 19 DIDN'T have, so S19 had to do the same time jump to catch up to Grey's time jump.

2 hours ago, windsprints said:

I know Grey's is no where near real life in terms of anything medical but Meredith being involved in any Neuro trial is absurd (if it's more than her giving $$$ or something). I know on the show she is The Sun and the most amazing doctor ever but she never even completed a Neuro fellowship. She's a general surgeon. They could just have her do a trial suited to General surgery instead and it wouldn't seem so out there.

When the Minnesota doctor said Meredith was just expected to be the figurehead for his work…since he was also a patient, he couldn’t also be the head of the project…I wondered why she would want that.  And just how much credibility would she have.  Clearly, if she took the job, all of the work had been completed before she came on board.   Why would the face/name of a general surgeon who hadn’t contributed to the breakthrough matter?

17 hours ago, PepSinger said:

Okay. As Meredith was having dinner with Eyebrows, I thought to myself, "Wow. She has a nice chemistry with him. It's such a shame that they keep casting men who have zero chemistry with her as main or reoccurring characters. Hey, that reminds me, I really miss that character that Scott Speedman played a few seasons back. He was the only other man she's had chemistry with on this show since Derek." I shit you not, 15 seconds later AND THERE WAS BEN CONVINGTON. I actually SQUEED. Honestly? That was the highlight of the episode for me. And he's coming back next week? Fuck YES.

Can you remind me who this guy was? What character did he play? I know there was a season or two when I stopped watching Grey's so I am thinking it may have been one of those seasons b/c this guy's face doesn't look familiar to me at all wrt to the show.

10 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Can you remind me who this guy was? What character did he play? I know there was a season or two when I stopped watching Grey's so I am thinking it may have been one of those seasons b/c this guy's face doesn't look familiar to me at all wrt to the show.

From the Grey's wiki:

Nick Marsh is a transplant surgeon who collapsed while at Grey Sloan Memorial retrieving a liver.

Five weeks after having a kidney transplant, Nick came to Grey Sloan to retrieve a liver for a long-time patient of his. After the surgery, he collapsed in a hallway. Meredith did an exam and ran some labs and chatted with Nick while they waited for the results to come back. His labs were inconclusive, so Meredith did another ultrasound, which showed a clot in his renal vein cutting off blood flow to his new kidney. She rushed him into surgery, where she was able to remove the clot and save his kidney.

While he was in the hospital, he flirted heavily with Meredith and the two chatted for hours as they waited for his lab results.

53 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Yes, it's not on the Grey's episode page but it is on his page. (Good catch; I thought he looked familiar.)

Now he's listed on the episode page, but Scott Speedman, who had a much bigger role, still isn't as of the time I'm posting this... I wonder who updates this stuff, anyway.

Edited by ams1001

This show seems to have an aversion to nannies even when the doctors badly need them. Jo's moved to obstetrics as a resident and we're told that she doesn't make much money. (The median salary is $187,200 and since she's presumably paid most of her med school debt, she should be able to afford a nanny.)

But it's Jo's abandonment issues that are keeping her from letting someone else look after her baby while she does her job.

3 hours ago, windsprints said:

I know Grey's is no where near real life in terms of anything medical but Meredith being involved in any Neuro trial is absurd (if it's more than her giving $$$ or something). I know on the show she is The Sun and the most amazing doctor ever but she never even completed a Neuro fellowship. She's a general surgeon. They could just have her do a trial suited to General surgery instead and it wouldn't seem so out there.

It's so annoying the way they deify Meredith. When I read the title of the episode, I was afraid that they were referencing Meredith as The Sun again.  Have her do something that she realistically has some expertise at.

19 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Amelia needs fuck buddies. She doesn't need relationships. At least, until she gets tons of therapy. She sabotages all her relationships when they start to pivot towards a long term commitment whether be children or marriage. I used to think Maggie was exhausting. Amelia is next level.

Amelia was engaged when Private Practice ended. They spent a whole episode giving her a happy ending. Then she showed up on Grey's and just blew up the relationship to move to Seattle. I mean, I get they wanted her to be a regular, but it was still annoying. Then she blew up her marriage to Owen, and now she's freaking out about Linc.

8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That really threw me too. First of all it's hard enough to remember some of the stuff that happened last season, and Amelia and Linc's baby seemed to be the right age without any time jump. But in the OR Megan said she and Riggs broke up like 2 years ago??? Or did I misunderstand that?

I thought she said they broke up two months ago, not years.

For anyone confused about the time jump, it was in the season finale last year.  Most of season 17 took place over a couple of months in the spring of 2020.  Then the season finale started with a card that it was X months later and the spring of 2021. Then it had flashbacks of what happened between during those months (Jo adopted a non-aging Luna, Linc kept wanting to propose and didn't, Meredith recovered from COVID). So this episode started a couple weeks later after that, after Maggie and Winstead's honeymoon. Station 19 didn't have a time jump in their finale last year, but had a 10 month jump in their premiere, so now both shows are in the same timeline of spring/summer 2021.

What doesn't make sense is:

1. Why Scout is one-year-old and Luna didn't seem to age.

2. Why they didn't replace any of the doctors who left 10 months ago.

3. How Linc and Amelia spent 10 months not talking about their views on marriage.

4. Probably a lot of other things.

Edited by KaveDweller

Confession: I constantly confuse Scott Speedman and Scott Foley. Maybe it's the whole Felicity thing.

I hated Owen and Teddy's wedding. "We killed a priest this morning but now let's dance on his grave because he loved doing weddings!" Those two are absolute shit.

Kudos to the show for stating outright that the show takes place in a post-pandemic world. That was a smart thing to do.

34 minutes ago, marceline said:

Kudos to the show for stating outright that the show takes place in a post-pandemic world. That was a smart thing to do.

Station 19 did the same thing (I just muted the TV between Jeopardy and GA and happened to look up to see their disclaimer). I like that they just said it rather than simply ignoring it like another show that shall remain nameless, despite the new season picking up right where it left off, when covid existed last season.

Assuming the show still takes place more or less in the present, it's a shame they chose to drop the whole Covid thing. Oh, I know they must have been sick of the masks and all the gear, and I can't really blame them for that. But the show came the closest it ever did to doing a real public service last season, and could continue to do that now. Hospitals are still filling up with Covid patients, most of whom are unvaccinated, and it's not as if there isn't more story to tell.

4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

3. How Linc and Amelia spent 10 months not talking about their views on marriage.

They did, which is the dumbest thing. A few episodes before last year's finale, Linc/Amelia talked at the house (that episode where Linc's mom came in the RV to take Meredith's kids out camping?) and they talked about their different viewpoints, met each other where they were at, and Linc suggested they check in with each other every couple of weeks to see where they were and if anything's changed.

And then apparently both of them proceeded to do none of that. Or, more realistically, the writers forgot what they had written and decided to do this to give viewers anything to be interested about in season 18.

Edited by LexieLily

I laughed after coming here to find out who the mystery guy for Meredith was. I now remember a hoopla when he was on before & I had never heard of him then—never saw Felicity.  Was also pleased to see that he had only been on one episode, so regardless of whether I knew who he was, relieved he hadn’t been a recurring character that my brain was blanking on. 
I hate that Linc is being an ‘Owen’—-Amelia has been consistent with him that she doesn’t want marriage, much as Christina was consistent with Owen that she didn’t want kids.  Believe your partners folks!  

Edited by pennben

After listening people comment that Amelia has been honest all along about not wanting marriage, I retract my statement in favor of her getting married since they can always divorce. What people have been saying makes a lot of sense, even though I feel sad for Linc. Sorry, Amelia!

Now I could be wrong as I still have to finish last season but didn’t Amelia decide she didn’t want anymore kids last season while Linc wanted more? Between that and the proposal maybe Lincs issue is that everything is on Amelias terms with little compromise..

I've stuck with Grey's Anatomy through all manner of shenanigans during its 47 seasons, but the vocal fry might do me in.  I can ff through Amelia, but now Meredith is pushing out words like ground glass, too.

When did Bernie "Doc" Kopell become a wizened little old man?  I'm pretty sure I look just the same.

2 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Now I could be wrong as I still have to finish last season but didn’t Amelia decide she didn’t want anymore kids last season while Linc wanted more? Between that and the proposal maybe Lincs issue is that everything is on Amelias terms with little compromise..

She's the one who would be carrying the babies, giving birth, nursing, etc. I don't think she needs to compromise on that subject. 

I agree that the "I'm not going to sleep with you' isn't cute anymore. I wasn't really paying attention to Scott Speedman's previous episode, even though I like him, so I'm not sure how far any flirting went. 

Amelia has every right to not want to get married. I've really liked Linc, but they do seem to be pushing him into Owen territory. I don't think they're trying to hook him up with Jo - I hope not.

I can understand Irish's son not dealing well with his dad dating again, no matter who it is. 

“He looks too much like Derek for my taste.”

Thank you!!! I don’t remember the character at all (and am relieved I’m apparently not the only one) but I could not get past how much he looks like Derek and how that can’t be coincidence (out of all the actors in all the gin joints in the world they choose him?)

Can’t help but think at some point they’ll ramp up the drama by having them get together, decide to make a baby, he gets DNA testing done for some reason and they find out he’s Derek’s previously unknown illegitimate brother (too old to be his son). 

5 hours ago, Anela said:

She's the one who would be carrying the babies, giving birth, nursing, etc. I don't think she needs to compromise on that subject. 

She absolutely does not have to compromise about that. Or about marriage. However, if Linc really wants marriage and more kids, he doesn't have to compromise either. He can end it with Amelia and find someone who wants the same thing.

Marriage and kids have different weights of outcome. Marriage is a piece of paper, if Linc loves Amelia as he says he does and it's that important to him, he can stay with her and try to deal with the reasons why she doesn't want to be married. If he's willing to break up with her over a document, it sounds like he doesn't really love her that much.

Kids are a different issue. I don't remember Amelia saying that she doesn't want more but I can understand her feeling that way right now - she has a toddler, she was the primary caregiver for him and Meredith's three children until just recently, and except for a couple of cases, she spent the past season at home with the kids while Linc got to go in to work. It's not surprising if she would have said No to more kids right now, she's been a daycare provider for the past year.

The other problem is that by leaving Amelia and marrying someone else, Linc would be keeping Scout from having two fulltime parents. Scout would either miss out on his dad or be shuffled from Amelia's house to Linc's., in other words depriving Scout for the sake of any future children Linc may or may not have.  It would be different if he didn't care for Amelia any more but he says he loves her and wants to marry her. So tell me again how much you love Scout, Linc that you're willing to upend his life like this.

6 hours ago, Anela said:

I can understand Irish's son not dealing well with his dad dating again, no matter who it is. 

I'm not surprised if the boy doesn't deal well with his dad dating again. But it's been years since his mother died and panic attacks are a serious thing. McWidower is a pediatric surgeon, he should know that his son needs professional help, not a playdate with Bailey's kids who he doesn't even know. Are we going to see more of this or is it just an excuse to end the Meredith/McWidower tease?

Why does this show write so many people needing psychological help and then either not give it to them or write it in a shoddy way (Owen's miracle cure)?

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm not surprised if the boy doesn't deal well with his dad dating again. But it's been years since his mother died and panic attacks are a serious thing. McWidower is a pediatric surgeon, he should know that his son needs professional help, not a playdate with Bailey's kids who he doesn't even know. Are we going to see more of this or is it just an excuse to end the Meredith/McWidower tease?

I got the feeling he was hoping Bailey could talk to him since she's had similar mental health issues (and maybe also because she's black like their mother was). Which might be helpful but a psychologist who works with adolescent kids would be much better. I guess if he's refusing to talk to a therapist she could possibly help convince him but other than that...Bailey is not the person I would go to....

31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Side note: When did Bailey's son Tuck become a teenager? McWidower went to Bailey because she (also) had teenage boys. 

27 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Side note: When did Bailey's son Tuck become a teenager? McWidower went to Bailey because she (also) had teenage boys. 

Because Tuck was born in season 2 and the show is now at season 18… 

I did not remember Meredith's love interest to the point I had to Google. I could tell I was supposed to be excited to see him but rang no bells. I feel like I may need to rewatch Season 14. 

the jumping around was a bit confusing especially since we are pretending this is post COVID. 

It feels very much like a plot contrivance for Amelia to just be "no marriage" given she has never been anti marriage (married Owen). It just feels contrived.

I did love new plastics surgeon complaining about the skill level of Glasses. He sucks. Of course she can't expect everyone to know her moves upon meeting her but they have had crappy residents who demonstrate no skills for seasons. I still wish Glasses would get hit by a bus and they would bring in some new residents with personality and who appear to have some medical skills.

I wish they had not (again) done the "we interview totally crazy people one after another" bit. It's meant to be funny. They've done it before--like there are only a handful of non-crazy doctors in the country.

35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Bailey and Ben had to give Tuck the talk a few years ago. His age makes sense. Also, given the realities of COVID I assume that any kid on screen is over the age of 12, both character and actor. I've noticed other shows finding excuses to temporarily write out little ones.

Have we seen Bailey's other son? The one they foster/adopted/whatever? Perhaps this means we will see him again soon.

I know a lot of folks have no interest in Hayes and I completely get it but I really like the show giving us a chance to see his challenges as a white father to Black sons. I appreciate that he went to Bailey for help not just because she's Black but because she also has OCD and I think she will be able to give valuable insight to his son's panic attacks.

20 hours ago, marceline said:

I hated Owen and Teddy's wedding. "We killed a priest this morning but now let's dance on his grave because he loved doing weddings!" Those two are absolute shit.

How are Megan and the mom so okay with this wedding and why is Megan performing the ceremony of a woman that cheated on her brother on their (first) wedding day?

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I thought their foster son was also a teenager. It made sense to me that he'd go to Bailey - do any other characters have teenage children? A friendship between Bailey and McWidower wouldn't be bad, they could both use a friend besides Meredith. It definitely shows the age of this show though!

It’s dumb Link is pushing the whole marriage thing. Who cares about marriage just be together. You have a kid together that’s pretty long term lol.

I hate Teddy and Owen I wish they would kill off both of them.

I know Scott Speedman from Animal Kingdom recently and something else I can’t remember right now. I always confuse him with another blond-ish actor who again I can’t remember his name right now. Maybe I’m losing my mind lol. I like him tho so cool he’s back. It’s getting kind of annoying how everyone is so obsessed with Meredith tho.

Jo blah. She should’ve left when Alex left. Would’ve been a better send off too.

McWidow needs to get his kid like actual help.

The residents at Greys are morons snd I hate all of them. I wish they would stop shoving them down our throats. I don’t care about them. Especially stupid glasses.

I don’t even know why I’m watching this show but I have been watching this long and wanna see the end lol. I feel like it’s never going to end tho.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:06 PM, Anela said:
On 10/2/2021 at 9:30 AM, Avabelle said:

If she doesn’t want to carry a child they could adopt or do surrogacy. I’m just making the point that if she had confirmed she doesn’t want more kids or to get married Linc might feel that she’s making all the decisions while He doesn’t get any say. As already said Amelia shouldn’t have to compromise but neither should he.

On 10/1/2021 at 7:01 AM, LADreamr said:

Link was the one who was bugging me, not Amelia.  She has been very clear about not wanting to get married and that she has her reasons for that.  Link kept pushing her, because he wanted his way, regardless of her feelings.  Owen used to be that way with Cristina about wanting a child.  Anytime Cristina tried to assert her side, he would act like she was just annoying him, and should just give in.  I've never been on board with Owen since.

Completely agree. Linc came across as wanting his own way no matter what. And even if she were to finally give in, pushing to change your partner or expecting an unequal partnership where one person always gets their way is a sure-fire way to have a miserable marriage.

4 hours ago, Avabelle said:

If she doesn’t want to carry a child they could adopt or do surrogacy. I’m just making the point that if she had confirmed she doesn’t want more kids or to get married Linc might feel that she’s making all the decisions while He doesn’t get any say. As already said Amelia shouldn’t have to compromise but neither should he.

No, but he keeps pushing it. 

With any big couples life decision, they usually require two yesses or one no.   I think marriage and/or more kids fill that bill.  Linc hadn’t expected to have any children because he was afraid because they could inherit his cancer genes.   But when Amelia announced the pregnancy, he came to terms with and then embraced fatherhood, something he had never expected to experience.  But Scout wasn’t planned by either of them. 

Going forward, they both have to be on the same page.  Two yesses for marriage.  Two yesses for more kids.   I like Linc.  A lot.  But he can’t impose his life preference, marriage, on Amelia.  

On 10/2/2021 at 1:57 PM, funnygirl said:

Because Tuck was born in season 2 and the show is now at season 18… 

I just watched a season 14 episode where he says he's 13. Same actor has been playing him since season 13, so he's aging along with the seasons. I think he's 16/17 now. 

They adopted an almost 18 year old, so they have two teen boys. Hayes kids are just a bit younger. I'm thinking 12 and 15, something like that. 

Edited by BoogieBurns
On 10/1/2021 at 5:04 PM, KaveDweller said:

Amelia was engaged when Private Practice ended. They spent a whole episode giving her a happy ending. Then she showed up on Grey's and just blew up the relationship to move to Seattle. I mean, I get they wanted her to be a regular, but it was still annoying. Then she blew up her marriage to Owen, and now she's freaking out about Linc.

Which is why they need to focus on her healing, instead of pairing her with another man who is only focused on his needs.  

In general, I don't get why so many shows need their characters to be in relationships and/or having sex, all the time.  People do go years without either, sometimes, and it's not the end of the world.  There are other things in life.

Why was Meredith's mother even there?  Kate Burton seems to have plenty to do.  Is it just the trope "Something LIFE CHANGING is about to happen to Mer", so Ellis has to appear as a signal to the audience?

I can't stand Linc continuing to pressure Amelia.  Get OVER it dude, she doesn't want to fail at yet another relationship by making it legal.  The more he harasses her, the harder she'll resist.  He's an idiot.    

On 10/1/2021 at 10:01 AM, LADreamr said:

Link was the one who was bugging me, not Amelia.  She has been very clear about not wanting to get married and that she has her reasons for that.

She was also very clear on not wanting children and changed her mind on that.  Maybe Linc is hoping for another Amelia reversal.  Truthfully, I never liked the character, so I'm all for Linc dropping her like a hot potato.

On 10/1/2021 at 11:30 AM, taanja said:

So? Jo has a baby? That happened last season right? and let me get this straight - she sat in the car all day with a tiny baby -- who looked like it spent the day strapped into it's car seat? Um? What? My first impression was that Jo lived her her car but I believe at the beginning of the ep she was shown in an apartment?

Exactly what I thought.  She sat in the car with the baby all day?  What kind of moron does that?  Oh, yeah, anyone on Grey's, it seems....

On 10/1/2021 at 5:04 PM, statsgirl said:

This show seems to have an aversion to nannies even when the doctors badly need them. Jo's moved to obstetrics as a resident and we're told that she doesn't make much money. (The median salary is $187,200 and since she's presumably paid most of her med school debt, she should be able to afford a nanny.)

But it's Jo's abandonment issues that are keeping her from letting someone else look after her baby while she does her job.

Let's not forget that she also has Alex's shares of the hospital.  So she's got plenty of dough.  Hire a nanny and be done with it.

On 10/1/2021 at 6:04 PM, KaveDweller said:

What doesn't make sense is:

1. Why Scout is one-year-old and Luna didn't seem to age.

Luna was a premie and in the NICU for quite some time.  I can see her being small.

On 10/1/2021 at 7:57 PM, iMonrey said:

Assuming the show still takes place more or less in the present, it's a shame they chose to drop the whole Covid thing. Oh, I know they must have been sick of the masks and all the gear, and I can't really blame them for that. But the show came the closest it ever did to doing a real public service last season, and could continue to do that now. Hospitals are still filling up with Covid patients, most of whom are unvaccinated, and it's not as if there isn't more story to tell.

I, for one, am very glad they dropped the COVID storyline.  I see enough about it in real life.  I watch TV to be entertained and it's not entertaining anymore.

On 10/2/2021 at 3:02 PM, RedbirdNelly said:

It feels very much like a plot contrivance for Amelia to just be "no marriage" given she has never been anti marriage (married Owen). It just feels contrived.

Just like her no baby stance that broke up her marriage to Owen disappeared when they needed more plot.

It was an okay episode.  I'm surprised there was no mention of Christina spending time in Minnesota.  I'm glad they pushed past Meredith and Cormac because 1) I didn't think they had chemistry and 2) really icky that Christina sent her a man.  

I hope that they keep Jo/Linc platonic.  I HATE when they take a really nice platonic friendship and make it romantic (Jackson/April).  I think it's going to be Jo/Cormac, which I don't really care about.

On 10/1/2021 at 12:03 PM, dmc said:

Which brings me to another subject panic attacks.  For a show that prides itself on showing medical conditions accurately it really fails when it comes to mental health.  There have been points were both Teddy and Jo’s character were in therapy that we’ve never seen followed up on. It’s sort of the idea that a character can be catatonic with depression and then all of a sudden the character is fine that’s not how real life works.  So when they mention McWidow’s kid having panic attacks because his father is dating.  That’s a no.  A panic attack is repressed trauma and they are frequently not caused by one thing. If they wanted to nix this relationship I’m absolutely fine with it but they needed another reason.

Panic attacks are not at all necessarily repressed trauma. And while they may have multiple factors causing them, they can be precipitated by a single stressor. So sure, the kid could have started panicking in response to this one thing, if he was otherwise predisposed to panic/anxiety. (For that matter, do we know whether he'd ever had panics before for other reasons?)

Also, depression can be episodic, so while I agree that people don't generally go from catatonic to fine just like that, I wouldn't agree that it's not real life to recover from a depressive episode on one's own.  Although of course the episodic nature of depression would also mean that depressive episodes would be expected to recur.

As for Teddy and Jo's therapy, I'd hope they were still going even if it's not referenced in the current episodes, but also, many therapies are relatively short-term and wouldn't be expected to still be ongoing. Those include effective treatments for PTSD and for major depression. I think both of them have plenty of reasons to be in ongoing therapy. But I also think it's not unrealistic that they could have completed treatments in this timeframe.

On 10/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, Lady Calypso said:

There was a time jump in Grey's season 17 finale that Station 19 DIDN'T have, so S19 had to do the same time jump to catch up to Grey's time jump.

Thank you!  I clearly missed that. 

On 10/4/2021 at 12:33 PM, madmax said:

Let's not forget that she also has Alex's shares of the hospital.  So she's got plenty of dough.  Hire a nanny and be done with it.

I thought she sold them to Koracic in the finale last season? So she has even more money.

Edited by LexieLily
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that she sold them to Koracik so that she could buy Jackson's condo from him to increase her chances of getting Luna.

She used them to pay the lawyer and buy a place where she didn't have residents sleeping on her couch all the time. Presumably she sold the loft after she stopped living there and got money from that too. No idea where Glasses and Helm ended up. 

I have no idea how much hospital shares are worth, but I'm guessing enough for a condo and a lawyer.

6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I thought she sold them to Koracic in the finale last season? So she has even more money.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that she sold them to Koracik so that she could buy Jackson's condo from him to increase her chances of getting Luna.

3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

She used them to pay the lawyer and buy a place where she didn't have residents sleeping on her couch all the time. Presumably she sold the loft after she stopped living there and got money from that too. No idea where Glasses and Helm ended up. 

I have no idea how much hospital shares are worth, but I'm guessing enough for a condo and a lawyer.

Thanks for the correction.  I totally forgot she sold them to him.  So he has them out in Boston?  How's that work?

and that reminded me that Jackson sold her the loft at a great price, so she didn't pay big money for it.

Hospital shares have to be worth big bucks.  Like really big bucks.  If she blew all that on a lawyer, then all those years of medical school must have worn away her common sense.

3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

If Luna was as sick and preemie as the show made her out to be, she might have future medical care that costs a lot of money?

16 minutes ago, madmax said:

So he has them out in Boston?  How's that work?

Shareholders normally aren't involved in the day-to-day running of a company. Mostly they just show up at the annual meeting to find out how the company is doing.

In this case, it was a ploy to justify having GG on the show from time to time.

19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

If Luna was as sick and preemie as the show made her out to be, she might have future medical care that costs a lot of money?

Hopefully Grey-Sloane has decent insurance that would help with that. But having a bunch of cash would certainly be useful to anyone.

Here are my thoughts on the show. 

1: I am on team Linc here. I don't think he should be pushing the Marriage thing - i think honestly it should be, we clearly want different things, you don't want anything that I want, so goodbye. the end. For me, Amelia flips on a dime way too much with what she wants, doesn't want for me to keep up. I feel that Linc outside of the proposal, which is usually "sprung" on people anyway. has always been open of where he is at every time (and i assumed they were talking because they said they'll do that). since we didn't see any of the talking. unless the show is saying that by talking, - they were doing none of that. Amelia wasn't super clear on how much "I don't want anything to do with archaic, it's just a tax reduction, marriage." I don't blame people for wanting to get married. Not everyone sees it as "just" being a piece of paper, and they just don't want to be live in partners. I think that should be as respected as not wanting to be married is. (as is having a baby). And I do feel like for Linc everything needs to be what Amelia wants. there is no compromise at all. All Linc said was he'd like more kids - - that doesn't mean Amelia has to carry them. They could adopt. They could do surrogacy. They could foster.  I don't know i just feel like (once again) there's no actual communication being shown here, and I simply don't see Linc as being wrong for wanting to be married and have more kids.

(someone brought up Meredith and Derek and the kids. They were always talking about it, I just remember when meredith said she didn't really see herself having kids (because of her mother), Derek respected that. I don't remember him forcing her into wanting them or changing her mind, Meredith always got to that point on her own. esp in regards to Zola. Derek fell in love right away (as he tended to do). but he didn't really force Zola on Meredith. Meredith fell for Zola on her own). 

2: I wanted to smack that plastic surgeon. (I mean she's not wrong these residents all suck, but she still deserves a smack). Why would you apply to a hospital without doing research first about where things are? What would you have done if you had gotten the job and then realized Glasses sucked? Quit? Are you not aware this is a teaching hospital, so you have to teach this stuff? (On the flip side i did like how technical and what not she was). I feel like they were trying to do a call back to when Bailey had her chief interview during surgery.  But anyone worth their salt would know because of COVID  people would be behind period. 

3: Jo - you need therapy. the end. I doubt very much as a baby you knew you were abandoned. those were feelings you had after you realized you were an abandoned baby.  Luna isn't going to be damaged because you need to act like a normal human being and you know. go to work. and get your hair done. this just irritated me. (I'm actually still mad she got custody of the baby).

4: Glasses. You are not allowed to comment or be snarky until you show you are competent at your job. The end. (how he didn't wash out is beyond me)

5: The moment Meredith said "I'm not sleeping with you." is where I would have ended the conversation. that is just rude and presumptuous. and the fact that she kept saying it is like it wasn't funny the first time, why are you bringing it up. he said okay. If you are doing it to convince yourself. then use your inner voice.  Also. I know Meredith passed this moment in her career a LONG time ago. but i would be apprehensive of her being attached to any neurological trial. and considering she's general surgeon why is she doing being wooed to do anything nero? Yah she's a grey and she won a Harper Catherine Fox Avery whatever it is called now but, child please.

6: Interesting that Hayes kid is having Panic attacks over his dad dating. actually do something with this show. 

7:  Screw you Krista for breaking up Riggs and Megan. like. just have him be overseas. why did they have to break up? 

8: as i am still not really over Teddy's actions the last few seasons (and still not over her naming her child after her lesbian lover) not really feeling the whole Owen/Teddy Wedding. just saying. Not really feeling Winston either. 

9: really kind of tired of the cases overly matching whatever crisis the doctors are going through (I know this is a show staple) but sometimes it legit bugs.