Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E01: Here Comes the Sun

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Here are my thoughts on the show. 

1: I am on team Linc here. I don't think he should be pushing the Marriage thing - i think honestly it should be, we clearly want different things, you don't want anything that I want, so goodbye. the end. For me, Amelia flips on a dime way too much with what she wants, doesn't want for me to keep up. 

Exactly.  Amelia changes her mind pretty often, so yeah, I can see him asking a few times.  But it's time to cut his losses.  

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I had to laugh. Mere and Widower McBoring dated...OFF CAMERA?! I literally did a fist pump and jumped off the couch. THANK YOU, SHOW.  Swing and a miss, Cristina. 

And yeah, Linc deserves better.

I have a feeling that Maggie could end up pregnant, to incorporate Kelly's RL pregnancy. She and Winston just got back from their honeymoon. I can see them hiding it for awhile and then writing it in. 

I could not care less about Megan. She took Riggs away, someone who Mere actually was compatible with, then dumped him? Now he's tending bar up North along the Virgin River. You're as annoying as your brother, Megan. 

Doc McTransplant? Yeah I'm good with that. I liked his chemistry with Mere when he was a patient.

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

I know Meredith passed this moment in her career a LONG time ago. but i would be apprehensive of her being attached to any neurological trial. and considering she's general surgeon why is she doing being wooed to do anything nero? Yah she's a grey and she won a Harper Catherine Fox Avery whatever it is called now but, child please

Not to mention the pesky fact that the last neuro trial she was part of was shut down due to her tampering/coverup.

5 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Not to mention the pesky fact that the last neuro trial she was part of was shut down due to her tampering/coverup.

;) that's why i would be apprehensive about her being part of any neuro trial. (with all that word vomit i posted i didn't even be clear about that. but yah that's exactly why). 

18 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

So she can hook up with Linc and create draaaama!

honestly, I'd rather Linc w/Megan than Linc and Jo. 

Before Linc gives up on Amelia entirely* and sentences Scout to a life of "if it's Tuesday, I guess I'm going to Daddy's house", he should offer to be the primary caregiver and stay home with the kids so she can go to work and have her career. Amelia spent the last year as a one woman daycare to 4 kids and he wants her to commit to another 20 years of that?

*If Linc didn't care about Amelia any more , that would be one thing although parents who don't love each other will stay together for the kids. But Linc says that he loves Amelia. It doesn't make sense that he would blow everything up unless his love is only as deep as a mud puddle on a sunny day.

39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Before Linc gives up on Amelia entirely* and sentences Scout to a life of "if it's Tuesday, I guess I'm going to Daddy's house", he should offer to be the primary caregiver and stay home with the kids so she can go to work and have her career. Amelia spent the last year as a one woman daycare to 4 kids and he wants her to commit to another 20 years of that?

*If Linc didn't care about Amelia any more , that would be one thing although parents who don't love each other will stay together for the kids. But Linc says that he loves Amelia. It doesn't make sense that he would blow everything up unless his love is only as deep as a mud puddle on a sunny day.

Didn't they both stay at home and take care of the kids? They both left the house to take care of cases and both were primary caregivers when the situation called for that. She didn't do it by herself, they did it together. I don't remember Linc ever saying/insinuating/implying that Amelia would have to stay at home  while he goes to work. 

not to mention GSH has that magical day care where babies are taken care of 24/7, and they can get Nannies (eventually) or what not. which - none of these options are ever brought up, because Amelia flat out goes "no i don't want anything that you want." and she doesn't make strides to meet him half way in anything. 

So yeah Linc can love Amelia and love her deeply, but if he wants a life and a future that Amelia doesn't want any part of, why should he bend over backwards and Amelia never meets him half way? doesn't that make Amelia's love just as shallow?

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

Didn't they both stay at home and take care of the kids? They both left the house to take care of cases and both were primary caregivers when the situation called for that.

We saw them both at the house but Linc also had surgical cases in the hospital. I remember at least one scene where Amelia at home is zooming with Linc working at the hospital. IIRC Amelia only had two cases during that time, one when she showed up at the hospital to see someone (Meredith?) and there was a case that needed a neurosurgeon, and a second late in the season when she loudly said that it was good to be back in the hospital doing surgeries again.

Edited by statsgirl
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

We saw them both at the house but Linc also had surgical cases in the hospital. I remember at least one scene where Amelia at home is zooming with Linc working at the hospital. IIRC Amelia only had two cases during that time, one when she showed up at the hospital to see someone (Meredith?) and there was a case that needed a neurosurgeon, and a second late in the season when she loudly said that it was good to be back in the hospital doing surgeries again.

right - but she did have some cases. (and i will fully admit i watched this episode somewhat sleeply. but did caretaking even come up? Linc doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would just leave everything to Amelia. 

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

So yeah Linc can love Amelia and love her deeply, but if he wants a life and a future that Amelia doesn't want any part of, why should he bend over backwards and Amelia never meets him half way? doesn't that make Amelia's love just as shallow?

Exactly.  Everything is what Amelia wants.  Always has been.  

Funny, I liked her on Private Practice, hate her here.

49 minutes ago, madmax said:

Exactly.  Everything is what Amelia wants.  Always has been.  

Funny, I liked her on Private Practice, hate her here.

Private Practice Amelia was a much better character than Grey's Anatomy Amelia. 

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

Amelia loves him and wants to be part of his life. She just doesn't want to have more children or a formal marriage. Maybe if he hadn't blindsided her with the multi-ring proposal, she might have changed her mind about marriage.

I don't understand Linc walking away. I wanted to have more children but the father of mine said that one is enough. Because I loved him and knew how important a stable family is to a child, it never occurred to me to walk away and find someone else to have more children with.

On 10/7/2021 at 10:44 PM, statsgirl said:

Amelia loves him and wants to be part of his life. She just doesn't want to have more children or a formal marriage. Maybe if he hadn't blindsided her with the multi-ring proposal, she might have changed her mind about marriage.

I don't understand Linc walking away. I wanted to have more children but the father of mine said that one is enough. Because I loved him and knew how important a stable family is to a child, it never occurred to me to walk away and find someone else to have more children with.

well, to be fair. it's not like people go "hey honey, i'm going to propose to you, is this a good time?"  you're going to be blindsided by it. and I personally thought it was a sweet proposal (I know i am on the table for 1 there on that, but i did). 

I just feel honestly. that Linc (well most people)  in Amelia's life has to bend over backwards for Amelia. What she wants, what she doesn't want and she changes her mind on a dime. like i said. I don't understand why it has to be Linc who has to be the one who has to give up everything that he wants in life because Amelia doesn't want it.

I honestly think it boils down to what Linc ultimately wants. If he wants Amelia and he can be with her for the rest of his life and not have regrets about not having other children or being married then he should stay. But if he wants the whole kitenkaboodle, quite frankly, he deserves, and should find someone who wants to have the kitenkaboodle with him. And I don't think that means his love is shallow. It means that they have different values now, so they should be with people who wants the same things as  each other. 

(esp. as we've seen that 9x10 on this show people "give up" stuff, or say "they  can live with it." and then like 5 minutes later it's not the case). 

On 10/5/2021 at 9:50 AM, psychfan said:

Panic attacks are not at all necessarily repressed trauma. And while they may have multiple factors causing them, they can be precipitated by a single stressor. So sure, the kid could have started panicking in response to this one thing, if he was otherwise predisposed to panic/anxiety. (For that matter, do we know whether he'd ever had panics before for other reasons?)

Also, depression can be episodic, so while I agree that people don't generally go from catatonic to fine just like that, I wouldn't agree that it's not real life to recover from a depressive episode on one's own.  Although of course the episodic nature of depression would also mean that depressive episodes would be expected to recur.

As for Teddy and Jo's therapy, I'd hope they were still going even if it's not referenced in the current episodes, but also, many therapies are relatively short-term and wouldn't be expected to still be ongoing. Those include effective treatments for PTSD and for major depression. I think both of them have plenty of reasons to be in ongoing therapy. But I also think it's not unrealistic that they could have completed treatments in this timeframe.

Sudden episode of intense fear or anxiety and physical symptoms, based on a perceived threat rather than imminent danger.

That’s the definition of a panic attack.  So no I don’t believe that a child has a panic attack solely over the fact that his father start dating again.  It could be a contributing factor but solely, no.  Which basically means that the way the show presented it as his father started dating again and he immediately started having panic attacks is probably not accurate.

I never stated that you can’t recover from a depressive episode.   But there’s generally work and medication involved in recovering.  Neither of which have been shown.

This goes to the portrayal of mental illness on the show which I think is poor.  

So I only just got around to watching season 8 (greys lost its sparkle years ago so I had no real burning desire to watch it as soon as it was on) 

Clearly an unpopular opinion here, but I absolutely do NOT like Grey and McTransplant together. The way episode 1 went it was like there was a couple of episodes made but not shown. Grey and McIrish had a thing but we never saw it, and Grey and McTransplant met up again after ONE encounter a few seasons ago, chatting away like they’ve been in constant contact ever since. I don’t see the chemistry that everyone else seems to see at all. I liked the idea of Grey and Hayes together, but it was too obvious-the show either needs someone new, or dreary Meghan needs to clear off so they can bring Riggs back.  

I actually thought Hayes had a nice chemistry with Jo. To be honest there’s nobody I really like or want to see Meredith. I’m really not interested in her finding a great love. I’d be happy to see her dating casually. While her kids are young and her career is at its height it makes sense she wouldn’t have time for a serious romance so her dating around makes sense to me.

Also with the exception of Riggs and maybe DeLuca I don’t think Pompeo has chemistry with anyone.