Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E01: Here Comes the Sun

• Start Topic

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how this hospital just hands out "privileges" like lollipops.

Okay, so they met this plastics doctor today, she got pulled out of an interview to throw her into surgery because they were desperate, and expects the residents who don't know the first thing about her or how she works to anticipate her every move? Please.

33 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

Who was the child in the blue shirt at Teddy and Owen’s almost wedding?

He was the kid Owen's sister rescued from Iraq(? Syria?) and adopted.

Edited by ams1001

Okay. As Meredith was having dinner with Eyebrows, I thought to myself, "Wow. She has a nice chemistry with him. It's such a shame that they keep casting men who have zero chemistry with her as main or reoccurring characters. Hey, that reminds me, I really miss that character that Scott Speedman played a few seasons back. He was the only other man she's had chemistry with on this show since Derek." I shit you not, 15 seconds later AND THERE WAS BEN CONVINGTON. I actually SQUEED. Honestly? That was the highlight of the episode for me. And he's coming back next week? Fuck YES.

Favorite part was Richard being so unimpressed that Owen wanted him to cover the ER that day just so he and Teddy could get married.

The wife of the injured biker looked so familiar...who was she?

Edited by LexieLily

Seriously? The transplant doc, Nick Marsh? And he's joining this season as series regular? So random. Are they just throwing all the men at Meredith now? Hayes is right there, sent by Cristina! lol 

Amelia does not deserve Link. 

ETA: I'm so annoyed that Krista broke up Megan and Riggs. They had such a beautiful sendoff. This is so unnecessary and clearly plot-driven to give her friend more to do on the show. 

Edited by funnygirl
2 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

And so HOT. YES! Finally, I have a reason to be excited about this show again.

He looks too much like Derek for my taste. That's one of the reasons why Hayes appeals to me as Meredith's next luvah - him and Derek couldn't be more different. (remember how people used to compare Deluca's hair to Derek's?)

Oh well. 

7 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Seriously? The transplant doc, Nick Marsh? And he's joining this season as series regular? So random. Are they just throwing all the men at Meredith now? Hayes is right there, sent by Christina! lol 

What the f with Amelia? Has she never heard of divorce if it doesn't work out?

5 minutes ago, LADreamr said:

Corinne Bohrer.  I haven't seen her in a long time.

Was she the woman Joey - how can I put this so it will be acceptable to the board? - did a different thing than intercourse or oral sex to when he was in some kind of study on "Friends"? I was trying to figure it out, too.

Edited by JeanJean
1 minute ago, JeanJean said:

Was she the woman Joey - how can I put this so it will be acceptable to the board? - did a different thing than intercourse or oral sex to when he was in some kind of study on "Friends"? I was trying to figure it out, too.

Yes lol, and was then rewarded with a room full of fruit baskets.

3 minutes ago, JeanJean said:
9 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

What the f with Amelia? Has she never heard of divorce if it doesn't work out?

It's such manufactured drama. I don't believe Amelia's character has a history of being anti-marriage, so this just reeks of a plot contrivance.

42 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

It's such manufactured drama. I don't believe Amelia's character has a history of being anti-marriage, so this just reeks of a plot contrivance.

I know Link and Jo are friends but I'm suspicious of the show putting him in her orbit just as he/Amelia are having their issues. 

Edited by LexieLily
13 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

Okay. As Meredith was having dinner with Eyebrows, I thought to myself, "Wow. She has a nice chemistry with him. It's such a shame that they keep casting men who have zero chemistry with her as main or reoccurring characters. Hey, that reminds me, I really miss that character that Scott Speedman played a few seasons back. He was the only other man she's had chemistry with on this show since Derek." I shit you not, 15 seconds later AND THERE WAS BEN CONVINGTON. I actually SQUEED. Honestly? That was the highlight of the episode for me. And he's coming back next week? Fuck YES.

I came here to ask, "who is this guy and why do I care?"  And I'm sorry, but I still barely remember him, so I still can't seem to care. Wasn't he only on for one episode? This is so random. 

If they want to throw men at Meredith, just bring back Riggs since he and Meghan split. At least they built some history. 

1 minute ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I came here to ask, "who is this guy and why do I care?"  And I'm sorry, but I still barely remember him, so I still can't seem to care. Wasn't he only on for one episode? This is so random. 

If they want to throw men at Meredith, just bring back Riggs since he and Meghan split. At least they built some history. 

I mean, yes, it is random. However, I definitely remember at the time that his guest spot was well received and his chemistry with Meredith was notable.

Ugh, please do not put Riggs with Meredith. History =/= chemistry. Also, I hate that they split up Riggs and Meghan.

In what conversation does someone just say “I’m not sleeping with you”.  Isn’t that a bit presumptuous?  Who even says that after a few minutes of getting reacquainted.  Are we supposed to believe Meredith gets all these men because she is so hot (I don’t think she is but they seem to want us to to think so) or because of who she is.  I thought she seemed more suited with Peter Gallagher.  

Looks like tptb decided that Mereith/Hayes was a no-go since they played the story out out during the summer hiatus and brought Scott Speedman back (yay!because he has a ton of chemistry with EP)

I found Meredith's repeated "I'm not sleeping with you" really annoying. He didn't ask you to sleep with him so stop acting like you're the prize that everyone wants (even if the show treats you like you are).

Hayes, your son needs a therapist if he's having panic attacks at the idea of you dating, not a dinner with Bailey's kids.

Megan is such a big Owen/Teddy shipper, And I still don't care.

I liked the plastic candidate saying that the hospital's residents were inadequate. We've been saying that about glasses for years.

14 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

It's so weird. If Linc loves her, why can't he just live with her and Scout? Or wait until she's not scared of marriage any more? If nothing else, it's not fair to Scout to break up with Amelia if you still love her and she loves you just because she doesn't want to be married.

I thought that they broke up Linc and Amelia so that viewers would have something to tune in for this season since they were the only couple I cared about. But it looks like they've broken them up for good and Linc is going to get paired with Jo which is a pity because they're so good as platonic friends.

Did I miss something didn’t Owen and Teddy just get back together after her cheating on him during their first engagement?

Why the rush to get married? Owen is an idiot 

14 minutes ago, dmc said:

Did I miss something didn’t Owen and Teddy just get back together after her cheating on him during their first engagement?

Why the rush to get married? Owen is an idiot 

There was a time jump at the end of last season, I think they've been back together for awhile show time. However, the priest performing your wedding during the ceremony is a sign from the universe to not do it.

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's so weird. If Linc loves her, why can't he just live with her and Scout? Or wait until she's not scared of marriage any more? If nothing else, it's not fair to Scout to break up with Amelia if you still love her and she loves you just because she doesn't want to be married.

I was hoping Jo's "that's the stupidest thing I ever heard" would make him realize, "hey, we don't have to be married to be together" but maybe not.

Why is Jo blonde? Please let someone watch the baby and send her for a day at a salon to fix that.

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Why is Jo blonde? Please let someone watch the baby and send her for a day at a salon to fix that.

She said that she was trying to lighten her hair and then she fell asleep.

She wouldn't go to a salon because she won't leave the baby alone. She couldn't ever leave her in daycare so that she could go to work because she wondered if Luna would feel the way she felt when her mother left her at the firehouse (which Jo cannot possibly remember because she was too young).

Definitely time to see a therapist again.

Is this Owen’s third or fourth marriage since being on the show? I wonder how long it will take for them to have conflict.  

I didn’t mind Meghan and wouldn’t be unhappy to see her remain in Seattle in a recurring role, especially since they seem to be short a few surgeons. I liked the plastics lady and hope she stays. 

Maggie and Winston were cute. I wonder if Maggie will be playing “hide the bump” for the rest of the season. 

I wish they would have made a throwback to Christina’s experience in Minnesota when stating that Meredith was there. 

I totally forgot about Jo for most of the episode. The hair thing was stupid; I wonder if she will eventually admit that she’s in over her head and return to surgery. 

13 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

There was a time jump at the end of last season, I think they've been back together for awhile show time. However, the priest performing your wedding during the ceremony is a sign from the universe to not do it.

Thank you.  I was like when did Meredith go out with McWidow? What happened? 

4 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Is this Owen’s third or fourth marriage since being on the show? I wonder how long it will take for them to have conflict.  

I didn’t mind Meghan and wouldn’t be unhappy to see her remain in Seattle in a recurring role, especially since they seem to be short a few surgeons. I liked the plastics lady and hope she stays. 

Maggie and Winston were cute. I wonder if Maggie will be playing “hide the bump” for the rest of the season. 

I wish they would have made a throwback to Christina’s experience in Minnesota when stating that Meredith was there. 

I totally forgot about Jo for most of the episode. The hair thing was stupid; I wonder if she will eventually admit that she’s in over her head and return to surgery. 

Omg it is the 4th

Megan, Cristina, Amelia and now Teddy 

Edited by dmc
32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Looks like tptb decided that Mereith/Hayes was a no-go since they played the story out out during the summer hiatus and brought Scott Speedman back (yay!because he has a ton of chemistry with EP)

I found Meredith's repeated "I'm not sleeping with you" really annoying. He didn't ask you to sleep with him so stop acting like you're the prize that everyone wants (even if the show treats you like you are).

Hayes, your son needs a therapist if he's having panic attacks at the idea of you dating, not a dinner with Bailey's kids.

Megan is such a big Owen/Teddy shipper, And I still don't care.

I liked the plastic candidate saying that the hospital's residents were inadequate. We've been saying that about glasses for years.

I thought that they broke up Linc and Amelia so that viewers would have something to tune in for this season since they were the only couple I cared about. But it looks like they've broken them up for good and Linc is going to get paired with Jo which is a pity because they're so good as platonic friends.

I like Teddy & Owen, if I'm honest. They should've been the couple from the get-go. 

I don't think they are going to pair Jo & Linc romantically. I think he'll get involved with Megan, who is going to be around a while. And I'm not convinced Linc & Amelia are done for good. 

5 minutes ago, cycworker said:

I like Teddy & Owen, if I'm honest. They should've been the couple from the get-go. 

I don't think they are going to pair Jo & Linc romantically. I think he'll get involved with Megan, who is going to be around a while. And I'm not convinced Linc & Amelia are done for good. 

I don’t know if I dislike Teddy and Owen  together or just hate them separately as individuals.

I do like Linc and  Amelia though

Edited by dmc
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

Seriously? The transplant doc, Nick Marsh? And he's joining this season as series regular? So random. Are they just throwing all the men at Meredith now? Hayes is right there, sent by Cristina! lol 

ETA: I'm so annoyed that Krista broke up Megan and Riggs. They had such a beautiful sendoff. This is so unnecessary and clearly plot-driven to give her friend more to do on the show. 

Damnit, I was out. I was really out, but I like Scott Speedman and liked his character when he guest starred. Do I like him enough to stomach Meredith is the question. I'm glad they gave up on Meredith and Hayes though.

28 minutes ago, dmc said:

Omg it is the 4th

Megan, Cristina, Amelia and now Teddy 

Isn't Megan Owen's sister, not his ex-wife? But I think he did have a wife before Christina, it was pre-show and she died or something?

5 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Isn't Megan Owen's sister, not his ex-wife? But I think he did have a wife before Christina, it was pre-show and she died or something?

He was engaged to a woman Beth before Cristina but I don't recall them being married.

3 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I really really hate it when characters get happy endings and years later, writers bring those characters back and blow it up. It's like a character surviving a slasher movie and killing them off in the sequel. Just let them be.

3 hours ago, PepSinger said:

Amelia needs fuck buddies. She doesn't need relationships. At least, until she gets tons of therapy. She sabotages all her relationships when they start to pivot towards a long term commitment whether be children or marriage. I used to think Maggie was exhausting. Amelia is next level.

5 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I haven't watched yet. They threw a whole "goodbye" episode at us, just to break them up? That sucks.. 

I don’t think they’re going for a Linc/Jo hook up. I think they’re just each other’s sounding boards.

If Megan and whatshisname are done they’ll hook her up with Linc for a few episodes. Especially because there was already friction between Megan and Amelia from when she was last around as she didn’t think Amelia was good enough for precious Owen.

Jo and Cormac are very clearly going to hook up. That was telegraphed at the end of the last season. 

I don’t care about Teddy/Owen. If they’re happy together then yay for them. I just want them off the show so badly. How they could get rid of April and Arizona but justify keeping those two around this long is beyond me.

Aww, Dr. McTransplant's back! I know they had brought him on for that one episode, I think even as a test to see if his character would work well with Meredith (and obviously was a hit), but then I think he got another show and couldn't come back, OR they simply never invited him back again. I'm glad that he's back and now as a series regular. He was a solid character in his one guest appearance, and he could be a solid addition here. 

But I guess the question is what happens with Hayes. They DID heavily hint at him and Jo last season, so maybe they're going there. Better than Jo/Link, at least.

I wonder if Megan is here full-time now that they've broken up her and Nathan. Why else would they break them up offscreen if Abigail Spencer wasn't sticking around for more than this episode? 

Also, couldn't care less about Owen and Teddy's wedding.

Here's the thing about Amelia/Link; they are a hot mess right now. Yes, Amelia has issues with commitment. She hasn't been handling this with Link well at all. However, I'm gonna put some blame on Link here. She has said NO to marriage MULTIPLE TIMES. The answer is NOT continuing to propose. And, guess what? Marriage is NOT the end-all answer to a relationship. I have known many marriage-free couples who have stuck together for years. I get that marriage seems to be a dealbreaker for Link, but I also think he could be more open minded to a non-marriage with Amelia.  

Jo's hair is horrific. I hope she fixes that next episode. Also, Luna still looks way too young than she should be. She should literally be not that much younger than Scout. 

Random ass appearance by Kate Burton. All Ellis did was hallucinate-yell at Meredith for 20 seconds. I was expecting more. 

I had a good laugh at Hayes bumbling through trying to ask Bailey for what is essentially a play-date with their teenagers. 

Link was the one who was bugging me, not Amelia.  She has been very clear about not wanting to get married and that she has her reasons for that.  Link kept pushing her, because he wanted his way, regardless of her feelings.  Owen used to be that way with Cristina about wanting a child.  Anytime Cristina tried to assert her side, he would act like she was just annoying him, and should just give in.  I've never been on board with Owen since.

This show has always had platonic opposite sex relationships, most notably Alex and Meredith, so I don't think they are pairing Jo and Link. I think they will remain friends, as they were long before either one came to Seattle. 

Is it just me, or did the time jump only seem to happen for some people? Were Maggie and Winston on a 10 month honeymoon? Did Amelia and Link stay together but argue about getting married for 10 months? Was the time jump on this show less than the time jump on Station 19, even though they are supposed to be in the same universe with these "crossovers" (which, let's face it, was the least crossing over of a crossover that I have ever seen - it wasn't a crossover)?  Meredith had time to date Cormac and know it wouldn't work out, but is still only just getting back into the OR?  

The time jump makes no sense. Just like all timing on this show. 

Edited by FnkyChkn34
fixed typo
12 hours ago, PepSinger said:

I mean, yes, it is random. However, I definitely remember at the time that his guest spot was well received and his chemistry with Meredith was notable.

Ugh, please do not put Riggs with Meredith. History =/= chemistry. Also, I hate that they split up Riggs and Meghan.

Sorry, the chemistry must not have been *that* great if I can't even remember him. I rewatched the entire series over the pandemic, too... 

And no, history doesn't equal chemistry, you're right - but they still had some. Because Martin Henderson can have chemistry with a rock or a paper bag. He's good, and I liked them together. 

There doesn't seem to be a time jump. Scout was born at the end of season 16 and here we are at the start of season 18 at his 1 year wellbaby examination.  Maggie is just back from her honeymoon. The only thing that seems rushed is Meredith dating McWidower and ending it because of his son's panic attacks which suggests to me that someone really thought it was a bad idea and ended it before the audience could see it.

58 minutes ago, LADreamr said:

Link was the one who was bugging me, not Amelia.  She has been very clear about not wanting to get married and that she has her reasons for that.  Link kept pushing her, because he wanted his way, regardless of her feelings.  Owen used to be that way with Cristina about wanting a child.  Anytime Cristina tried to assert her side, he would act like she was just annoying him, and should just give in.  I've never been on board with Owen since.

YES! It's like women don't know what they really want and men have to show it to them.  Didn't Meredith also not want children till Derek showed her the error of her ways?  And now she has a brood of them that other people have to take care of.

That's a good point of how Linc is like Owen, it's about the grand gestures for both of them.

Amelia loves Linc but she doesn't want to be married. My sister-not-in-law feels the same way and they've been together over 25 years now.

If Meghan starts dating Linc and tells him that Amelia is not good enough for him as she said Amelia was not good enough for Owen, I will be very annoyed. If Amelia gives in to marriage because Linc is dating Meghan and she's afraid she'll lose him to her, I will throw things at my screen.

Who was the dude who met up with Meredith? Was he once upon a time a patient? I don't remember but he is cute and they had more chemistry in their little cute meet than she has with that doctor back in Seattle (I can NOT remember his name!) the one whose kid hates Meredith.

So? Jo has a baby? That happened last season right? and let me get this straight - she sat in the car all day with a tiny baby -- who looked like it spent the day strapped into it's car seat? Um? What? My first impression was that Jo lived her her car but I believe at the beginning of the ep she was shown in an apartment?

Teddy and Owen got married? Ok.

Amelia doesn't want to get married-- that doesn't mean she doesn't want a relationship with Linc -- but she sucks at communicating so I am sure this whole mess will be long, drawn-out and painful.

Edited by taanja
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There doesn't seem to be a time jump. Scout was born at the end of season 16 and here we are at the start of season 18 at his 1 year wellbaby examination.  Maggie is just back from her honeymoon. The only thing that seems rushed is Meredith dating McWidower and ending it because of his son's panic attacks which suggests to me that someone really thought it was a bad idea and ended it before the audience could see it.

I agree that this didn't seem to have much of a time jump, but it still had to have had one I think, for half of the stories to work.  And there was a 10 month time jump on Station 19, they plainly said that. 

If they want to keep having these dumb crossovers, then that implies that the two shows are happening at the same time.  They just don't make sense.  Scout was born in April(ish) anyway, so is Grey's still stuck in the spring or in the fall?  Makes. No. Sense. 

OK it took me six tries but I’m finally done this episode and I have comments.

I don’t like the time jump but I don’t like the Covid or beach storyline either so I guess it’s better than that

I’m never going to ship Owen or Teddy. I can’t stand either.

This show has sold me on Linc though. I like him.

I have a love-hate relationship with Amelia’s character.  I’ve never had substance abuse issues so I don’t know how tough that is.  I do have severe anxiety and I’ve been in therapy for most of my life.  So I can understand her fear with regards to relationships.  It’s the fear that you won’t be good at it, you won’t be happy, the other person won’t be happy, If you make this decision will all your big decisions be decided already.  So I do understand that.  That being said I would like to think at my worst I’ve never been as bad as it is Amelia. Mainly because she has the worst communication skills I’ve ever seen.  She has to understand that people don’t have the ability to read her mind.  Also in my opinion she needs individual therapy not just couples and not just support group therapy for substance-abuse. 

Which brings me to another subject panic attacks.  For a show that prides itself on showing medical conditions accurately it really fails when it comes to mental health.  There have been points were both Teddy and Jo’s character were in therapy that we’ve never seen followed up on. It’s sort of the idea that a character can be catatonic with depression and then all of a sudden the character is fine that’s not how real life works.  So when they mention McWidow’s kid having panic attacks because his father is dating.  That’s a no.  A panic attack is repressed trauma and they are frequently not caused by one thing. If they wanted to nix this relationship I’m absolutely fine with it but they needed another reason. 

This show needs to stop forcing a connection with Meredith’s character and random men and actually let a connection grow like they did with McDreamy.  It’s fine for her to be single until a relationship actually makes sense.

Jo’s hair is a mess of course.  I mean Jo clearly has enough money to hire a nanny for help, what’s going on???  I mean isn’t she saving on rent since she’s got three roommates and a baby in a place with no bedrooms

Edited by dmc

The time jump makes no sense. Just like all timing on this show. 

That really threw me too. First of all it's hard enough to remember some of the stuff that happened last season, and Amelia and Linc's baby seemed to be the right age without any time jump. But in the OR Megan said she and Riggs broke up like 2 years ago??? Or did I misunderstand that?

Well, Martin Henderson is on a Netflix series now, so maybe that's why.

Ellen Pompeo has had some work done. She looks great, but she looks a lot tighter than she did last season. Maybe just a chemical peel and a lot of makeup.

Wouldn't it have been hysterical if another tandem bike crashed into the bar right before Owen and Teddy said their "I do's"? The universe is trying to tell you something, Owen! Run!

I don't know how I feel about this episode, it seemed disjointed to me.  I don't know whether it was because it began with Meredith in Minnesota and not helping with rebuilding Grey Sloan, or the fact that there seems to have been a long gap (ie. Meredith and Hayes had some type of relationship that failed) for some characters, and only a small gap for others (Maggie and Winston and their honeymoon, Luna not seeming to grow, yet Scout did).  

Jo's hair looked ridiculous and fake (which it probably was considering I have seen her instagram account), I like the ease of her and glasses' friendship, same with her and Link.  I wanted to see her back in the hospital, not sitting outside.  I don't want her with Link though, he belongs with Amelia, married or not.

Link and Amelia, he just doesn't seem to be listening to her.  I don't know why he wants marriage, he watched his own parents fall apart for many years.  I really liked them together last season, why must they be married?  

I think I like the new plastics lady, she was cool.  Someone that calls it as they see it.  They need this.  Besides, the current residents have always been ordinary.  Especially Glasses, he is boring and annoying when in the hospital, or with Nico. Nico didn't suck today, probably because we didn't have to see his relationship with glasses.  

Owen and Teddy (and Megan), well, that was bizarre.  I thought they got marred with Meredith and Amelia in Meredith's backyard, or was that just a proposal?  I can't remember.  I usually skip their scenes.  I thought they belonged together 10 years ago, now it just seems formality and they could skip the wedding and it wouldn't mean too much.  And Megan, seriously, surely she would have mentioned earlier to Owen that Riggs had left her?  

Meredith in Minnesota? I get she is a draw card for top surgeons, but shouldn't that mean that Grey Sloan would be getting decent ones (the ones seen in Bailey's interview were ordinary to bizarre, apart from the Plastics Dr).  Why would she be needed for a Parkinson's trial?  It's years since she did Neuro and how much could she contribute to the trial?  I would have thought she would have said she would rather help with some form of dementia or Alzheimer's trial, rather than Parkinsons.  I like Scott Speedman and he and Meredith had chemistry when he was on a few seasons back, and I would probably been happy back then if he had other reasons to stay in Seattle, but I actually like Meredith and Hayes together.  Maybe it is the "Cristina sent him" bit, I am not sure, but I like them together.  It's the time frame part I can't get here.  Obviously, Meredith and Hayes have dated, but for this type of reaction from Hayes' son, it almost implies that it was over a period of time, but then, how long is it since Maggie and Winston's wedding?  

Maggie and Winston, I like them together.  I don't think they are going to show Kelly McCreary's pregnancy, it looked like they were hiding it with camera angles etc.  

26 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Maggie and Winston, I like them together.  I don't think they are going to show Kelly McCreary's pregnancy, it looked like they were hiding it with camera angles etc.  

Ah ha! I thought her face looked a little puffy.

I mean Jo clearly has enough money to hire a nanny for help, what’s going on???  I mean isn’t she saving on rent since she’s got three roommates and a baby in a place with no bedrooms

I don't think it's a money issue. Jo is having a hard time leaving the baby with anyone because she doesn't want Luna to feel abandoned. She made some reference to it last night. Jo moved into Jackson's apartment at the end of last year. Link showed up to stay there. I'm guessing he's still there. It's either days or months depending on whatever timeline they both live in. I've never understood why Grey's can't have some sort of normal timeline like other shows. It doesn't have to be perfect but having all the characters on the same would be a great start.

Why would she be needed for a Parkinson's trial?  It's years since she did Neuro and how much could she contribute to the trial?  I would have thought she would have said she would rather help with some form of dementia or Alzheimer's trial, rather than Parkinsons. 

I know Grey's is no where near real life in terms of anything medical but Meredith being involved in any Neuro trial is absurd (if it's more than her giving $$$ or something). I know on the show she is The Sun and the most amazing doctor ever but she never even completed a Neuro fellowship. She's a general surgeon. They could just have her do a trial suited to General surgery instead and it wouldn't seem so out there.

how long is it since Maggie and Winston's wedding?  

Maybe they delayed taking a honeymoon due to COVID? Last year ended with everyone getting vaccines & this year is post-COVID so that kind of makes some sense.

39 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Oh! I thought the actress was looking preggers! 

54 minutes ago, windsprints said:

I don't think it's a money issue. Jo is having a hard time leaving the baby with anyone because she doesn't want Luna to feel abandoned. She made some reference to it last night. Jo moved into Jackson's apartment at the end of last year. Link showed up to stay there. I'm guessing he's still there. It's either days or months depending on whatever timeline they both live in. I've never understood why Grey's can't have some sort of normal timeline like other shows. It doesn't have to be perfect but having all the characters on the same would be a great start.

I know Grey's is no where near real life in terms of anything medical but Meredith being involved in any Neuro trial is absurd (if it's more than her giving $$$ or something). I know on the show she is The Sun and the most amazing doctor ever but she never even completed a Neuro fellowship. She's a general surgeon. They could just have her do a trial suited to General surgery instead and it wouldn't seem so out there.

Maybe they delayed taking a honeymoon due to COVID? Last year ended with everyone getting vaccines & this year is post-COVID so that kind of makes some sense.

I thought Jo was having a hard time leaving the baby at daycare.  I mean I would have a hard time leaving my baby at daycare too if there had just been a pandemic.  I think a nanny would be a preferential situation to that. Also you can kind of check in whenever you want with a nanny as opposed to daycare where you can call periodically.  But she’s having a hard time leaving the baby at all, she needs to go back to therapy as well

Edited by dmc