Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E37: Finale

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

And he never really hesitated. I blame Azah’s dress. She was so worried about keeping it up that she fumbled the first question.

I literally yelled out "Azah! Your dress!" I was extremely worried about a wardrobe malfunction. #thingsmendontworryabout

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

My votes did it!

LOL I said the same thing "It was that last one at 3:30 that put her over the top!" Much like DF I was like thank god for me. 

Tiff won, X called out Ky again, and the CO and the state of Michigan cleaned swept it. 

I love that even Brent was like that CO man it was all about TIFFANY. Ain't nobody buying you were all that X.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Wow. We just dodged a major,major moment of dissapointment!

I felt bad when Azah blew her chances on one question but to learn during the exit interview she was going to THROW IT ALL AWAY like Original Recipe Cody and take the person  you CANNOT win against! How let down would we have been if she'd done that robbing us of the chance to watch the jury struggle between Big D and Azah.

Final Analysis: Azah's spot was completley waisted and  should have gone to some other applicant if she was going to make it potentially all the way to final two and then throw away the chance to actually win the game.

Highlight of the night: Big D claiming he invented The Cookout! I can't believe that NO ONE called him out on that s@#t. Especially Tiff who looked like she was ready to kill. If I knew how to make a meme I would do one of her in that shot that says "Bitch Please".

Man he's got cajones to try and claim that yet he got away with it! And his behavior running roughshod over Azah when it appeared she could have his fate in her hands...when is that last time we've seen game play that bad? Also I burst out laughing when they said part 2 was going to be a race between he and Azah. I knew that outcome was guaranteed.

X appeared ready to throw down with Ky again. I'd have had more respect for Ky if he hadn't tried to sugarcoat it and stuck to his guns right or wrong.

I don't understand why we had to have a Britany PSA commercial for autism when the time was wasted when we could have heard from Frenchie or Whitney. It was rude to ignore them like that. Especially Frenchie who loomed so large at the start of the game.

Headscratchers: Julie carries out the air hugs charade with Azah but then she is hugging EVERYOBDY for real at the end

and

Is Christian tapping someone else in the real world now?  Not ONE exchange between him and Alyssa over the video link...he didn't even mention her when speaking.

Lastly only the contestants on stage are the only ones excited about CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER. Last season they  had moved way below the D List. Whoever they scrape up this time should be from the Z list.

Edited by North of Eden
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Classic interview answer. “My biggest flaw is I work too hard.” Yep, he’s a lawyer.

During X's speech I thought, "Of course he's good at this. It's literally his job!" I still can't believe he's only 29 though.

Although I love Azah, at the very end, when X had to choose who to go to the end with, I saw Derefs face and suddenly wanted him to choose him, because he wanted it so desperately. I could see it wasn't the money he needed so much, it was the validation. I can't explain it, but he needed it in a way very few of the others needed it. It made me sad for him. But I'm happy he got what he needed in the moment. 

That said, the finale confirmed what I thought - even though no one thought Big D deserved to win, they all genuinely loved him and thought he was hilarious. I guess not everything comes through the camera properly. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Highlight of the night: Big D claiming he invented The Cookout! I can't believe that NO ONE called him out on that s@#t.

Just a feeling, (and maybe feedsters know better) but the rest of the CO has been hearing this crap from him for weeks and individually/collectively just decided to let it go and not get into this pi**ing contest of who the "great founder" was.  They all know he was the weakest link.

eta: I should say goat, and I don't mean greatest of all time😎

Edited by PaperTree
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

I personally am very happy with this season and with X being the winner.  He has had his moments of douchiness but overall I think he’s a pretty good guy.  

One of the funniest parts of the show to me was after X was revealed to be a lawyer and they went to commercial break, Big D was scolding X for being mad when he guessed he was a lawyer.

I think Kyland decided to vote for X because he got so many exit questions about what he said to X, that he knew people were upset about it and he knew people would say he was a bitter juror if he didn’t vote for X.

Edited by Coco88
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, LADreamr said:

OMG, every time I think I couldn't hate Deref more... being awful is the only thing he's put any effort into.

He started the Cookout (Did you see Tiffany’s face?).

He decided who went out and when. 

He deserves the money because he put in the work. O rly? He worked from his bed? Such hard duty.

So forking delusional.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Rosebud1970 said:

He started the Cookout (Did you see Tiffany’s face?).

He decided who went out and when. 

He deserves the money because he put in the work. O rly? He worked from his bed? Such hard duty.

So forking delusional.

I thought I misheard him. Did he, really ( DF )take credit for the cookout?

Edited by Cozytea
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Coco88 said:

I personally am very happy with this season and with X being the winner.  He has had his moments of douchiness but overall I think he’s a pretty good guy.

By the end I was hoping for X to win and Tiff to get AFP, so I’m happy.

I think Kyland decided to vote for X because he got so many exit questions about what he said to X, that he knew people were upset about it and he knew people would say he was a bitter juror if he didn’t vote for X.

IMHO Ky’s vote for X was predicated on two primary factors:

1. With all of his sermonizing about forthrightness and integrity, Ky realized he had painted himself into a corner.  Virtually zero criteria existed by which DerF’s game could be evaluated as objectively superior to X’s game - which meant not only would a vote against X come across as an spiteful slam by Bitter Bella the Butthurt Fella, it would also expose Ky as someone willing to forfeit his integrity in service to personal pettiness. 
  2. C’mon now, the choices are X and DerF.  On what planet do you think Ky is going to let himself get caught voting for the LOSER???

22 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I thought I misheard him. Did he, really ( DF )take credit for the cookout?

Why, yes; yes he did.  😄

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

It sure was weird that America voted Tiffany for AFP when the Cookout was SO racist, right?

I mean people like Mel Gibson and Nick Cannon, so her winning AFP does not make her or the other members of the Cookout any less racist or less discriminatory.  Just like it doesn't make the above mentioned guys any less racist because people like them. 

Daniel Carver was in the actual KKK and members of the the Howard Stern audience loved the guy (I never got the appeal of a racist old dude, but yeah people in the audience liked the guy.).  People are odd.

Plus the Big Brother audience, or at least the online audience, tends to have more SJW viewpoints (I hate to use that term.  That being said, what other term can be used to describe people who say nutty things like, "Any all-white alliance in Big Brother history was formed because of white supremacy."). 

I don't recall if the actual show showed Tiffany saying she would not vote for a white person to win.  I don't think they did, so if that is the case maybe the mainstream audience did not see get to see the full Tiffany.  They just saw the woman who gave funny diary room reactions.  Hell they protected Amanda for as long as they could without showing her nasty side.  Then they threw her to the wolves when they realized she was bat shit insane and they couldn't protect her any longer.

For once I was correct about the winner.  I feel like Nostradamus.  I had a feeling week one he or Kyland (I was leaning more towards X) would win and one of them would take Derek F. to the finals and beat him.  The one season I didn't watch all the way through and I picked the winner week one and the other finalist.

The intersectionality crowd must have really been going nuts over this final.  Because while yes an African American won the show, it was a man.  So the patriarchy was still granted yet another Big Brother victory. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Michichick said:

Yep, sure sounded that way. And his stupid comment sounded like he was taking another dig at Xavier for having the nerve to dump Kyland

KYLAND IS SUCH AN ASSHOLE.

DEREK F IS TOO.  BOTH OF THEM, I'M DONE with both of them sorry I decided to stop using caps halfway through that.

What was wrong with Azah's eye?  Does it always look like that?

I'm shocked Tiffany won AFP instead of Derek.  Congrats to her fanbase.

I'm glad X won unanimously.  Deref was SUCH an asshole to Azah.  I'm so annoyed!

We were so close to Britni not being in the jury.  I'm sorry, I'm sure she's nice and everything, but the screaming, my god, the screaming.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Burning questions:

1. In her final plea, why did Azah say X started the Cookout?

2. What did Claire mean when she said something about "being proven wrong" as she placed her key in the wheel?  

3. Why did Hannah double over with laughter when Derex placed his key and quoted Travis?

Speaking of Travis, I need to see week 1 again to see the camaraderie between Derex and Travis, which makes Derex now claim that he was lovestruck. I also need to see how, and by whom, the Cookout was really created by..

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Blissfool said:

2. What did Claire mean when she said something about "being proven wrong" as she placed her key in the wheel?  

Claire said she loves being proven wrong, but that won't happen tonight.  She meant that she's going to vote for X, and X will win BB, so she'll be proven right instead.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Claire said she loves being proven wrong, but that won't happen tonight.  She meant that she's going to vote for X, and X will win BB, so she'll be proven right instead.

Lol. Thx.

Just sounded like word salad to me.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Claire’s statement as she placed her vote key:

Congratulations gentlemen!  You know, I love three things: my family, good Big Brother, and being proven wrong.  Unfortunately, I don’t know if I’m going to get that third one tonight.

Basically, Claire was stating she was pretty confident the person for whom she was voting had the win on lock.

• Useful 2

West coaster reading all the posts here and it looks like it was only my stupid CBS affiliate that decided to squeeze in an extra commercial, so I missed the AFP announcement. When the show resumed Tiffany was thanking America. I mean I'm super happy for her, especially since I thought Derek X would win but I would have liked to have seen the actual announcement and the reaction. *shakes fist at station* . Did they say who came in second and third? Sounds like Julie also revealed that the votes were unanimous for X?  You could kind of tell by each jurors comment while voting that it was for X but you never know for sure and I was curious to see Kyland and Azah's votes revealed. 

I felt bad for Frenchie and Whitney they didn't get to speak at all. Man, Derek X and Travis are sure working overtime to sell their bromance, lol. 

I love the jury and find everything about their interactions entertaining and endearing, so for the most part I enjoyed the finale. When all is said and done I'm good with Xavier as the winner. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

West coaster reading all the posts here and it looks like it was only my stupid CBS affiliate that decided to squeeze in an extra commercial, so I missed the AFP announcement. When the show resumed Tiffany was thanking America. I mean I'm super happy for her, especially since I thought Derek X would win but I would have liked to have seen the actual announcement and the reaction. *shakes fist at station* . Did they say who came in second and third?

The Chenbot download stated only (a) the top two were DX and Tiff, and (b) the final AFP vote tally between the two was “close”.  
No further clarification on the relative degree of closeness - horseshoes? hand grenades? thermonuclear warheads? - was forthcoming.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

Thanks, Nashville. I'm surprised but happy. I'd like to think it was my four texts that pushed her over the edge.

This may be an UO - but IMHO so far as the AFP voting went, Tiffany’s being the first CO evictee was probably the best thing that could’ve happened for her.

When Tiff was part of the regular House cast, her edit frequently came across as self-focused and abrasive.  Having a few weeks’ separation from that portrayal before AFP voting, though - during which most Tiff references by the remaining HGs were focused on the key part she played in the CO’s mission - probably did her image rehabilitation to the voting public a world of good.  

If Tiff had remained in the house until F3 or F4 (and continued her relatively cutthroat style of gameplay), then I doubt her vote numbers would’ve fared near as well - and DX would’ve had AFP on lock.  YMMV

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Broadcast-only viewer here who, if she did find someone to vote for for AFP, would not have even considered Tiffany.  For me it was mostly her “how dare you do this thing I am also doing” DR’s I found most irritating.  I know she was like “ha ha you got me good game” but still.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

My friend: "Awww...I'm glad she got AFP. She needs that money for her and her son."

3 seconds later...

Tiffany: "Son, this money is all for me."

😄😄

And on his birthday.   

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

This may be an UO - but IMHO so far as the AFP voting went, Tiffany’s being the first CO evictee was probably the best thing that could’ve happened for her.

When Tiff was part of the regular House cast, her edit frequently came across as self-focused and abrasive.  Having a few weeks’ separation from that portrayal before AFP voting, though - during which most Tiff references by the remaining HGs were focused on the key part she played in the CO’s mission - probably did her image rehabilitation to the voting public a world of good.  

If Tiff had remained in the house until F3 or F4 (and continued her relatively cutthroat style of gameplay), then I doubt her vote numbers would’ve fared near as well - and DX would’ve had AFP on lock.  YMMV

I guess my mileage varies.

It's my understanding that Tiffany designed the whole "plan" whereby the existence of the CO was disguised by hooking each CO member to a non-CO player so the various CO members could regularly and safely be nominated without risking elimination.  It was a brilliant strategy and proved to be completely responsible for the success of the CO, the final six.  

Did X contribute anything nearly that clever toward getting himself to the finish line?  He was physically strong.  He threw that comp that time.  He was an affable guy who had the sense to bond with the house designated goat oaf.   He displayed a Guinness-worthy manspread every time he sat down. 

I know, I know--if you win, you played the winning game.  But I think watcher-voters felt Tiffany was the best BB player this season and gave her the only prize they could.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

Pros of the Finale:
X won. Thank God.

Tiffany (while far from my favorite player) was at least someone who played a good game. I can handle her being AFP because she didn't just get it for being "sweet" or some other stupid trait that doesn't matter in games like this. She was a gamer who got gamed.

Kyland is obviously still bitter, and Kyland being upset makes me happy. "There's more important things than money." Actually, when you're playing a game where the prize is money, there isn't. 

Alyssa looked GREAT! Whew.

I'll (ideally) never have to hear Britini screech in glee/anger/fear/any other emotion ever again. 

Cons of the Finale:
I had to go to sleep last night knowing that The Oaf got a load of money when all he did all summer was make word salad and snore. I've never felt such a genuine dislike for a HG like I did DerF this year.

• Love 8

I also need to see how, and by whom, the Cookout was really created by..

The beautiful thing about the CO was that no on person "created" it the way I remember the scene, DF, X, Azah, Ky, and Tiffany all happened to find each other together in the kitchen, and someone said, "Are y'all thinking what I'm thinkin" and then they all responded yes, agreed they had to keep their distance, but were going to have each other's backs, and X came up with the name on the spot. It was truly collaborative, and Derek is responsible in that sense but only in that sense, he spent almost every week until six wanting to blow it up because he didn't like Tiff and didn't want GIRLS running the game. I'm not exactly sure when they brought Hannah fully in but I believe it was the week of Brent's eviction. Then I think Whitney boot week is when Tiff came up with/finalized the master plan. But it might have also been Brent week. But almost ever boot, from Brent to SB, Tiff was heavily involved with maneuvering the rest of the house to get to the CO boot goal. As they went along things got more detailed and specific initially they just wanted to make jury together, but then decided getting to F6 was the real goal, it was a big moment for Tiff as we can see that this plan did nothing but aid X/Ky/Derek F, and did nothing but fuck Tiffany's personal game up completely.

Edited by blixie
  • Useful 5
  • Love 13
41 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Says the guy in fourth place.

Didn't you hear? His lies were OK and were "just game." But when he got blindsided, it left X's nephew with no one to look up to. Lying to Kyland is unacceptable, but Kyland lying is flawless, just like everything else the whiny little bitch ever did.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

X's reaction to Deref's "last son of Frazier" (weird, I would have said youngest son, but we know he doesn't choose words well live) was pretty amazing.  He could not get over it!  

Interesting that Deref said he didn't reveal in the house because he didn't want to have what happened to Frankie Grande happen to him, where I don't really recall any houseguest-to-Frankie interactions that were based on his family relationships.  Of course, I've tried to block out memories of Frankie.  But still!

I wonder if Azah wore false eyelashes more in the house than she does in real life, and by the end her eyelid was just giving up ;-)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, candall said:

I know, I know--if you win, you played the winning game.  But I think watcher-voters felt Tiffany was the best BB player this season and gave her the only prize they could..

I agree.  I think that's a very big part of it.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jobiska said:

X's reaction to Deref's "last son of Frazier" (weird, I would have said youngest son, but we know he doesn't choose words well live) was pretty amazing.  He could not get over it!  

Did Derek F. really keep that a secret all season?  I thought X was being overdramatic and fake for the cameras.  I assumed Deref told him the truth and X had an agreement to keep up the lie. But maybe I'm totally wrong.

"Last son" was really ominous to me too.  But overall, I was shocked at how Derek F. was able to keep it together for all of his speeches last night after all the I sadly to evote stuff.  He did a really good job of speaking about his game, considering there was not much to speak of.

But he was such an asshole to Azah saying he carried her all season.  And that he allowed her to be in the finale.  And that he wasn't going to bring her to final 2 but he expected HER to do so and he yelled at her when she didn't.  I am just so........ flabbergasted.  I defended him (and Azah) when Kyland made such a fool of himself when he was evicted and now I have to eat crow about Derek F. who did the same - AND HE WASN'T EVEN EVICTED!

4 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I wonder if Azah wore false eyelashes more in the house than she does in real life, and by the end her eyelid was just giving up ;-)

Yes, thank you.  I figured it was something like that.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, candall said:

I guess my mileage varies.

It's my understanding that Tiffany designed the whole "plan" whereby the existence of the CO was disguised by hooking each CO member to a non-CO player so the various CO members could regularly and safely be nominated without risking elimination.  It was a brilliant strategy and proved to be completely responsible for the success of the CO, the final six.  

Did X contribute anything nearly that clever toward getting himself to the finish line?  He was physically strong.  He threw that comp that time.  He was an affable guy who had the sense to bond with the house designated goat oaf.   He displayed a Guinness-worthy manspread every time he sat down. 

I know, I know--if you win, you played the winning game.  But I think watcher-voters felt Tiffany was the best BB player this season and gave her the only prize they could.

If you thought my post was disparaging Tiffany’s gameplay, then you misunderstand me.  There’s no doubt in my mind Tiff’s game was one of the most strategically sound games of this season, if not THE most - and if Tiff hadn’t come up with the use of throwaway F2s as ancillary “spurs” to ward off attention from the CO core, I sincerely doubt the entire alliance would have survived to F6 intact.  If Tiff had made it to F2 I strongly suspect she would have been wearing confetti by the end of the Finale, and (IMHO) rightfully so.

But AFP isn’t necessarily about who was the smartest player, or the most strategic player; it’s about who was America’s Favorite Player, and most years that boils down to a straightforward popularity contest.  While DX was nowhere near the strategic player Tiff was, he was a nice likable kid whose game was portrayed as one of the most inoffensive of the season.  The same could not be said of Tiff’s game portrayal, especially when you take into account the negative editorial slant Production gave Tiffany over the course of her last week or so in the House.

There’s no solid way for us to gauge trending viewer sentiment over time of who would be their pick for AFP, but I’d about be willing to bet DX was leading the pack right up until the end of the season when CO supporters (a) felt Tiff deserved some extra degree of reward and recognition for her immeasurable contribution to the CO’s success, and (b) engineered a full-court press on the AFP voting to make that happen. I think that makes Tiff an atypical AFP winner, not an undeserving one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Interesting that Deref said he didn't reveal in the house because he didn't want to have what happened to Frankie Grande happen to him, where I don't really recall any houseguest-to-Frankie interactions that were based on his family relationships.  Of course, I've tried to block out memories of Frankie.  But still!

Oh HELL yeah - in fact, it could be said FmfG’s family relationships were the only thing which saved his game from ruination - for a while.  I’m struggling to remember the specific  circumstances around / lead-up to FmfG’s “family reveal”, so please forgive if some of these details are fuzzy - but as I recall:

1. A little past mid-season, and F’s social game was on life support; open arguments were breaking out in the House with other HGs and he was being specifically targeted by the rest of the House - to the point his partner in one comp (Caleb) flat-out refused to participate in the comp with F.  F needed to do some damage control, and quick.
  2. F’s solution was to call a House meeting and reveal to the other HGs “Oh, btw: my sister is the super-ultra-famous singer Ariana Grande, and I hang out with her - a LOT.  Be my friend, and you might get to hang with us too.” Okay, that last sentence I made up myself - but the sentiment, although unspoken, was strongly implied.
  3. F’s revelation had the desired effect; about half the House (many of whom had been specifically targeting him for elimination not 24 hours before) immediately became his newest bestest friends - presumably hoping for meetups and photo ops with Ariana through F after the season’s conclusion.
  4. F’s post-reveal popularity in the House probably carried him at least a good four weeks or so deeper into the season than he would have been able to manage under his own power; eventually even sycophancy has its limits, though, and F got cut at the F5-to-F4 eviction (IIRC partly under the rationale “Oh - F has rich relatives, so he doesn’t need the money THAT bad”).

In any case, I can see why DerF didn’t want what happened to FmfG as a result of his “family reveal” - initially buoyed by it, but eventually sank by it - to happen to him as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

I've never felt such a genuine dislike for a HG like I did DerF this year.

Nah, he might barely make my top ten.  Paul, Booger, Evil Dick......

eta:  Frankie, Gina Marie, Amanda....

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

I'd rather share a tent with any of them than ever have to see DerF on my TV again.

These are our choices!?!? That’s like saying, “Do you want to drink Drano, or do you want to drink bleach?“  I don’t want to see ANY of these fuckers EVER EVER again.  EVER.

EVER.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

In Derek’s interview with Entertainment Weekly he said that the other hamsters were just JEALOUS of his popularity in the house, and his moves were SO GOOD you just couldn’t see them.  I may be paraphrasing a bit.

(adding the link for those who haven’t felt any irritation today)

https://ew.com/tv/big-brother-23-derek-frazier-finale-interview/?did=681028-20210930&utm_campaign=ewk-tv_newsletter&utm_source=ew.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=093021&cid=681028&mid=68280711080

Edited by mojoween
  • LOL 7
12 hours ago, Nashville said:

Claire’s statement as she placed her vote key:

Congratulations gentlemen!  You know, I love three things: my family, good Big Brother, and being proven wrong.  Unfortunately, I don’t know if I’m going to get that third one tonight.

Basically, Claire was stating she was pretty confident the person for whom she was voting had the win on lock.

Adding that Claire told them before she left the house  that if Xavier was in the final 2 he wins.   (So they should vote him out).   

DerekF..... He started the cookout, he was responsible for everyone being voted out, and he carried Azah to the end...  But yet he had no concrete examples on how he did this.   Xavier provided specific lies he told or actions he did for specific actions to happen.   DerekF fantastic gameplay was talking to HOHs each week, and making everyone laugh?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

But yet he had no concrete examples on how he did this. 

He did his part!! Which was uh conversing with others in his alliance and agreeing to do what they told him to do, aka casting his EVOTES, you know the one thing that is actually required of all Hammies? And even then he could never deliver the line correctly.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Nashville said:
  1. F’s post-reveal popularity in the House probably carried him at least a good four weeks or so deeper into the season than he would have been able to manage under his own power; eventually even sycophancy has its limits, though, and F got cut at the F5-to-F4 eviction (IIRC partly under the rationale “Oh - F has rich relatives, so he doesn’t need the money THAT bad”).

The best part about the Frankie reveal is that Ariana Grande was JUST exploding in popularity, like, literally THAT summer (I bet even Frankie would have been surprised as to how much bigger she was when he got out of the house than she was when he entered), so a good deal of the houseguests really DIDN'T know who Ariana Grande was, they just got the sense that she must be famous the way that Frankie was talking about her, so, just to be safe, they figured they should suck up to him. I think only, like, one or two HGs even knew who she was at the time and they had to assure the others that, yeah, no, no, she IS famous, really, seriously. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7