Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E37: Finale

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Nashville said:

In any case, I can see why DerF didn’t want what happened to FmfG as a result of his “family reveal” - initially buoyed by it, but eventually sank by it - to happen to him as well.

Thanks for the analysis!  It makes sense.  On the other hand, Deref can't really promise meet and greets with his dad...well, not standard ones, anyway!

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

The best part about the Frankie reveal is that Ariana Grande was JUST exploding in popularity, like, literally THAT summer (I bet even Frankie would have been surprised as to how much bigger she was when he got out of the house than she was when he entered), so a good deal of the houseguests really DIDN'T know who Ariana Grande was, they just got the sense that she must be famous the way that Frankie was talking about her, so, just to be safe, they figured they should suck up to him. I think only, like, one or two HGs even knew who she was at the time and they had to assure the others that, yeah, no, no, she IS famous, really, seriously. 

I had no idea who she was at the time.  Still don't understand why she became a "thing".  bleh

• Love 3
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

Adding that Claire told them before she left the house  that if Xavier was in the final 2 he wins.   (So they should vote him out).

Why'd it be "unfortunately," though? 

Ugh every time I read Claire's statement my brain gets jumbled. It's like she used too many negative words for it to make sense (proven wrong, unfortunately, don't).

I know. I'm thinking about this way too much.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Because she ostensibly loves to be proven wrong (which I don't actually believe that she loves, but I guess we have to take her at her word on that point), and "unfortunately," she is not going to be proven wrong, because Xavier was going to win as she knew he was going to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

They all reminded me of a group of wonderful people I worked with. We were a fun group who loved each other. Sure we have little fights now and then but generally got along fantastic. Watching the finale made me think of them. I'd love to hang with that group of BB contestants.

• Love 4

I'd assume she wishes she were proven wrong by having X in Jury, her point was if he's there at the end he wins so she wishes Tiff/Hannah/Azah/Ky or even Derek F had decided to cut HIM first of the six.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

The best part about the Frankie reveal is that Ariana Grande was JUST exploding in popularity, like, literally THAT summer (I bet even Frankie would have been surprised as to how much bigger she was when he got out of the house than she was when he entered), so a good deal of the houseguests really DIDN'T know who Ariana Grande was, they just got the sense that she must be famous the way that Frankie was talking about her, so, just to be safe, they figured they should suck up to him. I think only, like, one or two HGs even knew who she was at the time and they had to assure the others that, yeah, no, no, she IS famous, really, seriously. 

That was my memory of it too. His big announcement kind of went over like a bucket of sick.

Edited to say I found the clip and it was even more poorly received than I remembered, although maybe the other HGs not in the room were more impressed.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

That was my memory of it too. His big announcement kind of went over like a bucket of sick.

Edited to say I found the clip and it was even more poorly received than I remembered, although maybe the other HGs not in the room were more impressed.

The body language of most of the others (with the tightly crossed arms.)😂

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Thanks for the analysis!  It makes sense.  On the other hand, Deref can't really promise meet and greets with his dad...well, not standard ones, anyway!

Not without a shovel, some REALLY serious smelling salts, and/or a space heater.

4 hours ago, ketchuplover said:

X claims at least one other CO member asked him to throw comp(s). To whom is he referring? tyia

Azah, I expect; she tried to get everybody to throw her comps on at least two occasions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I'd love to hang with that group of BB contestants

I had the same thought. It occurred to me that they were all going to have bad withdrawal when they abruptly found themselves back home separated from all of their new friends. 

11 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

The body language of most of the others (with the tightly crossed arms.)😂

Who was the girl who got close to the end that season?  I remember she was Brittini-level excited when she found out.

My daughter was (still is) obsessed with Ariana Grande and knew exactly who Frankie was from the start.  There was one concert I took her to where she spotted Frankie and shot over there to get his autograph.  Had he appeared on BB even one summer later he wouldn’t have had to have that big “bombshell” discussion  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, TOL said:

Who was the girl who got close to the end that season?  I remember she was Brittini-level excited when she found out.

Victoria, aka She Who Was Carried Off By Ravens And Walks Her Cat On A Leash.

My daughter was (still is) obsessed with Ariana Grande and knew exactly who Frankie was from the start.  There was one concert I took her to where she spotted Frankie and shot over there to get his autograph.  Had he appeared on BB even one summer later he wouldn’t have had to have that big “bombshell” discussion  

To be fair, look at to whom FmfG was speaking in that room:

• Cody, who to his credit at least appeared to have at least half a clue about who F was talking about.
  • Derrick, who had until recently (before the show) been working undercover drug task force gang infiltration; I sincerely doubt Ariana Grande’s music was real big in that demographic.
  • Caleb, to whom the name name “Grande” was probably meaningless unless immediately preceded by “Nachos Bell”.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 9/29/2021 at 10:16 PM, Brian Cronin said:

It sure was weird that America voted Tiffany for AFP when the Cookout was SO racist, right?

They really are not mutually exclusive. I found the practice of voting for/against someone solely based on race REALLY distasteful but I still like Tiffany. 

10 hours ago, Nashville said:

Victoria, aka She Who Was Carried Off By Ravens And Walks Her Cat On A Leash.

To be fair, look at to whom FmfG was speaking in that room:

• Cody, who to his credit at least appeared to have at least half a clue about who F was talking about.
  • Derrick, who had until recently (before the show) been working undercover drug task force gang infiltration; I sincerely doubt Ariana Grande’s music was real big in that demographic.
  • Caleb, to whom the name name “Grande” was probably meaningless unless immediately preceded by “Nachos Bell”.

Fame is also such a generational thing, too. For instance, Stephen Sondheim is objectively very famous, but I bet if you were on Big Brother and revealed that you were Sondheim's adopted son, you'd get blank looks from most of the HGs (unless it was BB8, of course, and that huge Sondheim nut, Eric). 

You'd have much more success if you were, like, "Joey Fatone is my cousin." 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Fame is also such a generational thing, too. For instance, Stephen Sondheim is objectively very famous, but I bet if you were on Big Brother and revealed that you were Sondheim's adopted son, you'd get blank looks from most of the HGs (unless it was BB8, of course, and that huge Sondheim nut, Eric). 

My dad overlapped with Sondheim at George School in PA, where Sondheim wrote and had performed a musical titled "By George!"    Ha ha, I get it, George.  Not the same George who was in the park of a Sunday.

I'm always distracted when nominees in short dresses stand up and have to hoick their skirt down; even more distracted by Azah's (otherwise lovely) dress looking like it needed to be pulled up, as others have noted!  Also, I am not long and lean, so my armpit-to-shouldertop length is proportionally much shorter than Azah's, so to me it looks even more like it is down way too far!  

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

I'm always distracted when nominees in short dresses stand up and have to hoick their skirt down; even more distracted by Azah's (otherwise lovely) dress looking like it needed to be pulled up,

I've posted before that I hate it when the women in the premieres and finales of BB wear dresses so short, low and tight that they can barely move without getting blurred, and heels so precarious they can hardly walk. It makes me so uncomfortable watching them, and it's the opposite of empowering. On the other hand, at this season's premiere I posted that Azah was an exception. She looked fabulous but also totally comfortable in her tiny dress and heels, as she did all season.

So I felt bad for her that during the finale her dress was on the verge of falling off for so much of it. I could barely focus on the show, and kept wondering at what point they'd start showing her just from the neck up. I kept waiting for Julie to make the pulling up gesture to her. 😁

Eventually she did pull her dress up, but by then her expression was so tragic that I still felt bad for her for the rest of the finale. I absolutely loved the finale, but Azah was the fly in my happiness ointment. 

• Love 2
On 9/30/2021 at 9:58 PM, ketchuplover said:

X claims at least one other CO member asked him to throw comp(s). To whom is he referring? tyia

Tiffany wanted the knockout comp thrown to her. X threw it but then Kyland tried to throw it and "accidentally won." Tiffany had also talked to X about throwing the wall. They had a convo about DX or Kyland taking a shot at the kings (people to this day people swear that X didnt know -- but there is a long convo clipped from live feeds YouTube that proves it was discussed with him the week leading up to the wall). They also asked him to throw flying bambinos to Azah. Tiffany also asked him to win the veto when he was on the block next to Claire (domino effect) so that she wouldn't have her vote exposed if it were X vs. DX on the block that week. The HOH at F8  everyone including X threw to Hannah to get Alyssa out. I mean really the whole season they were all working to determine who should win when and what.

• Useful 2
On 10/4/2021 at 2:25 PM, dizzyd said:

Can you blame her? X is so damn touchable 😉

Am I the only one who is immune to X's appeal? He reminds me of a skull-- all bald head and teeth. Give me Kyland with his puppy dog eyes. 😍

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Neither does anything for me, especially with their shit personalities lol. And with X's misshapen head and Ky's terrifying serial killer smile, it's a no from me.

Misshapen.. yes! He got a peanut head lol. But I like Kyland's smile-- it reaches his eyes. Maybe that says something about me 😬🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Misshapen.. yes! He got a peanut head lol. But I like Kyland's smile-- it reaches his eyes. Maybe that says something about me 😬🤔

X's strange head shape always bothered me, although I did think he was good looking, but I too thought Ky had a lovely smile. I often wondered how much less he would have gotten away with, if he'd been homely. 

• Love 1

Kyland is gorgeous but I cannot see him as an appealing person after he went after X and his nephew.  I was shocked that they all seemed to move on so fast and that Tiffany is apparently dating him?

Xavier is just straight up hot though.

On 9/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, Maggie Mae said:

I'd like to think it was my 5 votes for Tiffany😁

I didn't vote this year, but I would have been torn between Tiffany and  Derrick X.

This season became boring for the last 8 weeks. Once they really got the If the one group, then you knew the only 1 that would win out of that would be Xavier.

• Love 1